• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Hymn of the Shroud OOC

Kayso

Insubordinate and Churlish
Hymn of the Shroud OOC

It has been a mere 90 days since news of the first attack spread. They have only grown since then, more numerous and in nearly every town east of Midfell. They say that something strange takes over the people, and that neighbor attacks neighbor, brothers turn on one another, and even the royal families are not spared, for the High Baron’s wife has been acting odd. With this seeming unrest, the other barons suspect that Vorak, the Baron of Svartre is somehow to blame, as they all know that the young and impressionable baron feels slighted and is unhappy with his lands and position, and they have no other explanation for what is happening. They have attempted to make communication with Vorak, but they are all turned away. Tensions are high and mysterious attacks are frequent, for people feel that they can no longer trust their neighbors or even their family members. Some of the other kingdoms are considering intervention, but there are plenty of individuals have taken it upon themselves to figure out what is happening before war sweeps the country. A few have come back with tales of eerie encounters and similar situations with the people of Svartre...
but most have not come back at all.
------------
The setting is Rosheim (Ros-heim), similar to medieval Scandinavia, 14th century. Humans are the most populous race, but there are plenty of monsters such as werewolves, werebears, witches, changelings, sea serpents and ghosts with which the players may come in contact.

Serious writers only please, who are willing to dish out at least 1-2 paragraphs per post, as well as possible collaborative posts in situations where it will make scene-writing easier. This is a detailed RP, with lots of creative potential in a unique setting!
------------
What a Horrible Night to Have a Curse (IC): Hymn of the Shroud: What a Horrible Night to Have a Curse
Character Sheet Thread: Hymn of the Shroud Character Sheets
Hymn of the Shroud Lore: Hymn of the Shroud Lore

Last edited:
Thanks for checking in! Let me know if you have any questions or are interested in joining.

I plan on playing the NPCs the characters will meet along the way, and push the story along as best as I'm able. If anyone's interested in playing one of the important characters I've listed in the lore thread (as a primary or even a secondary character), just let me know and I'll see what I can do. I do have a basic storyline for what's going on, but a lot of this stuff is up for creation. If you have any ideas, please let me know!

Question: Can a character be a fisherman, and a water mage (if the character is half elf.). If so, do i write «Fisherman» or «Water mage» in the Class part of the CS?

If somehow this is impossible for lore reasons, that's fine! I just want to know if it's coherent given your lore :)

Question: Can a character be a fisherman, and a water mage (if the character is half elf.). If so, do i write «Fisherman» or «Water mage» in the Class part of the CS?

If somehow this is impossible for lore reasons, that's fine! I just want to know if it's coherent given your lore :)
Absolutely! You can put both in the class if you'd like, like "fisherman/water mage, or put "water mage" and list in the description that he/she is a fisherman. I'm pretty lenient!

This looks so fun!
I'll admit to listening to the Game of Thrones soundtrack while writing my character.

This looks so fun!
I'll admit to listening to the Game of Thrones soundtrack while writing my character.
Welcome - glad you like it! I've been listening to the Vikings soundtrack for this myself... hahaha!

Ignie Ignie
Katsuya Katsuya
Rui Rui
_Exodus_ _Exodus_
Epiphany Epiphany
Stickdom Stickdom
Voland Voland
NerdyFox NerdyFox
æon æon

Hi everyone! I'm tagging you because you have either shown an interest in this RP or have already created a character, and I just wanted to let you all know that we'll be starting whenever you're ready! Rui's down to begin now (fistbump) and I'm totally cool with that - we can keep adding people in as we go (I'm hoping to get lots more people, so if you know anyone who might be interested, please share!).

If you're still interested in being part of this story, feel free to make a CS and post it here: Hymn of the Shroud Character Sheets

The CS is simple:

Name:
Race:
Class:
Appearance/Faceclaim:
Bio:

Like I mentioned before, I'll be playing the NPCs that your characters will come into contact with as you move along. If you have a desire to play any yourself, please let me know. You can always PM me with questions!

<3

I'll go to the restaurant tonight. However, i can come up with a post as soon as someone post something (i think Rui would like to be the first to post, and i must admit, i'm always nervous to write starter ^^").

((As Rui posted a Character theme, i might as well post Thrynn's one.
. Idk if it fits the universe for you, but i felt like Thrynn's theme would be either violin or piano :) )

((Edit: OH, WHERE, sorry i misunderstood ^^"" If you start in Halvøst, then Thrynn would be there for sure. :) )

Talking about character theme songs, I was listening to this while making Rahulik. I don't know if it fits in with the lore and stuff since it sounds a lot...cheery, but yea. XD This would be Rahulik's theme as simple as it is and yes, it's a theme song for a guy in a cooking anime. XD

((As Rui posted a Character theme, i might as well post Thrynn's one.
. Idk if it fits the universe for you, but i felt like Thrynn's theme would be either violin or piano :) )

Beautiful! <3
Talking about character theme songs, I was listening to this while making Rahulik. I don't know if it fits in with the lore and stuff since it sounds a lot...cheery, but yea. XD This would be Rahulik's theme as simple as it is and yes, it's a theme song for a guy in a cooking anime. XD

I love it!
You guys are great!

I can also make introductory posts if any of you want - that way I can reveal a little more information and give you more possible characters to interact with. I'll probably do at least one for each kingdom to start off, so we can get a feel for things. I don't know why I didn't think of this sooner! >_<

First post up in the desolate kingdom of Svartre! I'll try to do Halvost or Midfell next.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back