• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Hunter's Moon: The Sin & Sentence [IC] [CLOSED]

Hudson let out a gasp as he was unfrozen, falling forward and landing on one knee as he was resuscitated by the wizard. The teasing earned Venextos a glare through the hunter's helmet as he scrambled to his feet, clearly angry that the elementals had gotten the better of him. As he stands up he begins to move toward their destination, not granting the wizard so much as a thank you.

"Looks like he gave you the cold shoulder." jokes Loque to Venextos as she put her handgun away.

"Indeed, having such a frosty outlook on everything helps no one." Venextos spoke, pleased with himself at his wordplay.

Vincent soon spoke up, unamused. "Knock it off, you two. Help the other two out."

Swooping in to move Seriphine away from the action, Takato hadn't even taken a step before the battle was over. Nevertheless, he moved her closer to Hudson and Wesley.

As he revived her and helped with whatever damage she may have gotten, he looked over at the others helping Wesley to his feet, groaning in pain after spontaneously waking up. A worried expression covered his face, wanting to help the fella with his pain. Hearing Vincent's response to the nearly neverending pun-off between Venextos and Loque over Hudson, he spoke up.

"A hand could be helpful here, especially as more healing is necessary," Takato said, motioning his head towards Wesley.

Loque rolls her eyes at Vincent. Guess she can't make jokes about Hudson being turned into a popsicle even after all the times he's threatened her. She walks over to Takato seeing if she can make herself useful somehow in helping Wesley.

Noting Loque's approach, Takato spoke:

"Seriphine should be fine, but some after-effects from what had just happened are to be expected. Watch over her," he said, as he moved to Wesley to help lessen his pain with healing.

As the group tended to the wounded, reviving those that needed it or simply healing, Vincent moved over and began to summon Tariun. He wouldn't have to wait very long as he finished, as Xager appeared nearby rather promptly. She looked about, taking note of the damage, wounded, and the vehicle, before looking to Vincent. "I see you had yourselves a bit of a spat." she remarked, before looking at the plumes of smoke in the distance. The destroyed factories. "Excellent work with the factories. I'm sensing no life inside them from here, so that means you got the gunsmiths too. Now, on to business." she stated, returning her attention back to Vincent and the vehicle they had pulled from the train. She strolled over, and began to pull off the tarp that was covering the large vehicle. Once it was off, everyone could see just what it was. It was a strange, large four wheeled vehicle, with a protrusion jutting off the front covered in sheet metal. It had a crank that poked off the bottom of its front, and an awning over where it appeared the operator of the vehicle would sit. The rear of the vehicle was a large bed, covered in a black tarp to keep out the elements.

"This is an automobile meant to carry numerous people. People in the mortal realm have toyed around with the idea, referring to the concept as a 'pickup truck' or a 'troop transport.' Everyone needs to get into the back. I'll show you how to start the vehicle once everyone is inside." she stated, stepping around to the front as she waved an arm to the vehicle. It wouldn't take long before everyone was moved into the back of the large vehicle, and soon Xager instructed Vincent on how to start it using the crank at the front. In no time, the vehicle sputtered to life. "You use the wheel up there to steer it. There are three pedals. The clutch, the gas, and the brake..." she explained, walking around to the driver's side of the vehicle and allowing Vincent to climb in. She explained what each did, and also explained how to drive and shift gears.

And soon, it was time to go. Xager stepped away, motioning to their west. "Head west to the border with Sekath's territory. Once there, summon Tariun again for further instructions. She also wanted me to let you know that we have a lead on Valeria's location. She's been spotted in Sekath's territory, but we haven't pinned down where she's being held there." stated the former wrath demon, folding her arms behind her back. She then glanced about. "And don't forget to destroy the rail hub before you go." And in the blink of an eye, she vanished.

Vincent went over the information she had given him for a moment, before shifting the vehicle into drive and pulling far away from the rail hub. The others in the back would let out cable, leading to the dynamite that had been set about, and once they were far enough away, Vincent would stop the vehicle and allow them to set up the detonator. And just like before, the plunger was shoved in and the hub was erased by a massive fireball. That was all they were here for, so the detonator was tossed out the back of the vehicle as Vincent turned them towards the west. They'd sputter off, bouncing here and there due to hitting a rock or two in their path.

It'd take them a few days to reach the border of Sekath's territory, pausing here and there to rest and eat. The terrain shifted from barren and wartorn to oddly colorful and more...urban. Sekath was the demon of lust, after all, so it wasn't really all that hard to imagine what lay ahead of them. Debauchery and hedonism. And plenty of incubi and succubi to avoid. Vincent shifted the vehicle into park, within spitting distance of a sign which showed where Sekath's territory started. He muttered the spell to summon Tariun, and soon her translucent form appeared next to the vehicle. "Wonderful to see you again, Vincent. I see you've arrived at the border." she said, as she noticed the sign. Vincent got straight to the point. "So what do we need to do here?" he asked, looking straight to her as his hands rested on the steering wheel.

She looked back to him, before sighing. "You're helping down here, Vincent. Remember that." she said, before continuing on with their next task. "...I need you to kill Sekath's second in command. Thelrya. She's the taskmaster in Sekath's territory and runs things while the Icon of Lust is away." Vincent's eyes widened, and the tarp on the side of the truck's bed lifted, showing Riberta holding it up so the others could see Tariun.

Last edited:
During the ride away from the hub, Loque rambled seemingly endlessly about this new vehicle they're riding in. To her, for this "carriage" to move without the use of horses was absolutely fascinating, like if it was a miniature train or something that didn't need tracks. Though as they got closer to Sekath's territory, she became quiet. Not even a word came out of her mouth to greet Tariun as she manifested, only snapping with attention to look at her the moment she briefed them on their mission.

"Well now, that's quite the step up for us." Venextos remarked in a somewhat concerned tone. "Thelrya is a much more powerful demon than what we have come across thus far. I assume you have a plan for this?"

"Lust's second in command? Far from the high priest or blowing up factories. If that's the case, we're all going to have to step up our efforts." Once Tariun appeared, Senya wanted to know more about Thelrya if she was their next target. The Warden placed her hands on her lap, "What can you tell us about Thelrya? Is she dangerous than we presume?"

Inari found the truck an interesting invention, and she often leaned off the back and waved her arms around, mimicking a cutting motion with her sword. Slower than cavalry, she noted, but debated if riflemen could shoot well off the back. Alternatively, put a plow on the front like on a train and ram into people. That could be useful. It would need armor, like a horse, and to be a little faster but this thing could have some interesting application outside the transport realm. The biggest issue was the terrain, since a machine like this would never be able to go up a hill, through a forest, and pass rocky terrain. The only benefit was not needing a track already laid down. On the other hand...

She crawled around the back, over other people of the party, and inspected the back closer. Maybe they could mount a cannon on the back. Would save the need of horses and be much faster to use on the field, with no need to unlimber pieces or carry them around. It was a larger target for guns, bows, and other cannons, but the speed might make up for it.

Once they finally settled down some days later, Inari shrugged at Venextos' and Senya's remark to Tariun. "Powerful demon, weak demon. Is all same. We kill them. Take things for us. But maybe we take more here. This land of lust, yes? Must be good things here. Treasure and slaves." Her mangled, cut tails twitched slightly as if they were to be swishing, and she examined her paws. "If take time, I can change body. Maybe look like Thel-rya-ah. I sneak and kill. Is good fun, have done before."

What a failure. Not only had she dishonored herself but upon allowing herself to be electrocuted and stunned by the elemental Seriphine had put her race in bad light. As she woke up she was grateful that she had not been left for dead or had her throat slit. She was less enthusiastic about the fact that she had been left in the care of demonspawn. Regardless of her opinions Takato was still a demon and one would always need to be wary around them.
To avoid shaming herself further she thanked the Oni with a simple nod of respect before collecting her self. Afterwards she remained silent to avoid any unwanted attention or questions regarding her temporary demise.

Seriphine glanced at Vincent. Hopefully he won't view me as a weak link.

When it was time to hop onboard the truck Seriphine helped herself and climbed up into the front passenger seat. As Vincent climbed in she studied the interior with narrowed eyes. Just what type of machine was this?
Once the engine roared the elven warlord got her answer. She also damm near stabbed the dashboard with one of her daggers out of pure reflex.

Settling down, Seriphine slowly glanced over at Vincent. She didn't say anything and after a moment of simply staring her gaze wandered off to the front of the vehicle.

Takato hadn't ridden in many automotive vehicles, so it took him a bit to get used to it, but once he did, he volunteered to keep a look out as they drove. A sense of dread filled his body as the terrain shifted to reflect the incoming territory - while Sekath was not around, just being in her lands made him worry, especially given what he now knew about her and her sister. Debauchery was one thing, but he pondered whether there was a dislike of his faith beyond those two.

Soon enough, they arrived at the border, and Takato listened in intently to what their next task was going to be... oh no he did not like the sound of this. Venextos' tone did not help in this regard, and Inari's remark wasn't one to reassure.

"Illusion wouldn't cover the aura of a kitsune, Madame Shaguma. Even an attempt may cost you a fate worse than what they'd give you back home," he responded to her.

"But Senya has the right approach - knowing more about our foe, and likely their surroundings, would help immensely... if at least to reassure this mission's plausibility..."

"Better idea than just walk in," Inari said to Takato with a shake of the head. "We pretend to be demon people, others be slave or servants or guard. We already have big moving wagon, this make us fancy. With help of magic I can be most any figure. We just need nice clothes to look important, like noble. This can be easy classic play. I'm very good actor."

Hudson did not react in that spectacular of a fashion upon seeing the vehicle, silently striding into the back of it as he considered the possibilities of such technology. Had they had something like this during the war, perhaps not so many of them would have been tackled off of horseback and eviscerated by werewolves in pursuit. Shaking his head, he reserved himself to staying quiet as they rode to their destination. The days passed, and soon he was eyeing Tariun as she gave the orders.

It was getting more difficult for Hudson to motivate himself to these tasks, as while his ire for Sazak was still very much there many obstacles stood in the way. Between his shadow self and these tasks that the supposedly allied demon laid out for them, any one of these missions could be the end of him. Perhaps it would only be fitting for him to perish before enacting his vengeance. Death and killers care little for whatever aspirations their victims have before they're taken.

"Something tells me this Thelrya speaks Atracan above a toddler's level." he spat at Inari. "But if you want to get yourself captured and enslaved, be my guest."

Inari’s plan of posing as slaves and guards to get close to Thelrya is nothing short of ridiculous. A plan where they’re taken away by lust demons without any support to help them was something Loque figures only someone as bloodthirsty yet dense like Inari could conceive, and wants absolutely no part of it; to say nothing of the risk of being captured regardless they somehow decide to follow through with this plan or not. She sluggishly moves up to Vincent to voice her concern.

“Vincent...” she whispers with a hushed tone. “...I think I need to stay with the truck.”

Inari rolled her eyes, sitting on the edge of the truck while kicking her feet. "Does not have to be Thel-rya-ah, I can be different but important demon. We our own group. I be noble, you be my people. Say enough things and do enough things, people will believe even if not true. Is one fun act. Demon say - 'you people not nobles' - then I say 'fuck you' and fight demon, then win, then demons believe. You carry sword, people think you warrior. You shave head, people think you monk. You talk and act like jester and people think you jester," Inari said, glancing at Hudson for that last part. "Enslave and capture of us only if we lose, but we wont lose, because I will kill. And if I dont kill, it because I'm dead. So maybe you captured, but only if bad at job."

"And Takato," she grimaced slightly, "can be my speaker. I speak my language, and pretend it special rich demon language. I dont talk to poor people. So I talk to Takato, who talk for me."

Takato squinted at Inari, as she presented her incredibly flawed plan.

"The issue of aura has yet to be addressed in this 'plan' of yours. Demons will likely recognize us as non-demon, and would be hostile even before we approached them. Walking in, and walking in with a disguise is tantamount equal. And it is doubtful that the aura of the rich is so distinguishable that you could convince them that yours is equal to that, or even related."

"Not all humans can tell apart auras, but the only humans here are those in the group."

Hudson didn't move as Inari explained her brilliant plan, simply shaking his head slowly. Soon after Takato began to poke holes in what could only be descriped as an impervious tactical fabric. If anyone could pull off a demon noble without being immediately found out it would be Loque. And relying on that demon for anything crucial was the last thing the hunter wanted.

"It's an assassination mission. No need to infiltrate. We just wait until they're alone and end them." he pipes up rather flatly. "Disguise will put all of us in harm's way and be more trouble than it's worth."

"Aura is no issue," she waved her hand lazily. "Just say I foreign demon from far away. Like high north. Or low south. Aura different in that land. I kitsune, so few will know this I think. And it not human so clearly I not human. So then they think - 'oh, maybe is demon.' We act well and people think we belong. When I point out you all my servants, maybe some demon impressed, too."

Hudson's idea wasn't terrible but it was bland, and still required them to pass through the territory to their destination. "Yes but we still travel open land, and people see us. If we act like natural, then we not so suspicious than what we are now. If Takato and Loque with good aura pretend to follow me, and my aura special, other demons play along. And if not, then we fight and show they idiot for not believing, and other watchers shrug and either not care or believe. Then disguise keep working until we get to location, then be sneaky. If this demon is second leader to the higher leader, they have entourage and guard I say. Is like killing noble. Get messy, too messy, unless you lay siege and kill all or pretend. And I say pretend, then kill. We... uhm... ask for audience, and in time while waiting, enjoy the area and gather... knowledge and fun."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back