• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Hunter's Moon: The Sin & Sentence [IC] [CLOSED]

"One of you did not shed blood, however, but it matters not. I do not need to taste theirs in order to see the truth. I know of you already, Colette."
Colette froze in place. She could feel her heart pounding in her chest almost ready to break out. Eventually she managed to swallow the lump of ice that had formed in her throat to say anything.

"How do you know me, mademoiselle?" She asked trying not to stutter "I don't recall ever meeting you. Even among the hundred's of demon's I've sold items to in order to get by in the Abyss, I think I would have remembered one like yourself."

Last edited:
"Is there something that you need? You may enter the cathedral, if you wish. Rest yourself, and partake in food and drink."
Zebulon simply glances over at Leakhena; not saying anything. She nods in confirmation. "Well, alright then. Though we won't be here too long, unfortunately. We have dire matters to attend to, matters of which I'll explain further once we're inside. But for now, I'll just say that I need your help. Urgently." she says to them. "Lead us inside, please. Cassiel, you know I can't enter normally."

"I don't recall ever meeting you. Even among the hundred's of demon's I've sold items to in order to get by in the Abyss, I think I would have remembered one like yourself."

Annen looked back to Colette, and her smile shifted to a wide smirk. "You helped a certain group of individuals. That particular group of individuals managed to kill both Ralvas as well as Azgon, derail the train, and cause general chaos across the Abyss. Your actions speak your truth, so I don't need to taste your blood." she said, before waving her hand towards the red portal. "Ladies first."

------
"Lead us inside, please. Cassiel, you know I can't enter normally."

Cassiel nodded, before motioning a hand towards Leakhena. And then, he turned about. Undite followed, leading the pair towards and through the cathedral doors. Meanwhile, Rebecca watched them walk away, before turning about to see how her new trainees were doing nearby. "RICHARDSON! DID I NOT TELL THEE TO CONTINUE WITH THY EXCERCISES?!" she shouted, as she noticed one trainee slacking off. She marched over, continuing to shout at the trainee as the group disappeared into the cathedral.

Inside, the four noticed Vincent, Hudson, and Cassandra emerging from a portal. Velin must have finished her conversation with them. Vincent glanced over to see Leakhena and Zebulon on the approach, following behind Cassiel and Undite as they walked up the aisle between the pews. "Leakhena!" said Vincent, waving to her.

Last edited:
"Vincent! And you too, Hudson!" Leakhena enthusiastically waves back with a smile. "It's been a while!"

Last edited:
Hudson stopped his somewhat frantic pacing when Leakhena had called him, looking up to put on a pained smile as he gave a small wave. "That was... quicker than I expected." he managed, a hand to the back of his neck as he started to approach the demon. "And what brings you back? Decide that you didn't want to condemn yourself to the Abyss after all?" the hunter asks rather curiously, though he couldn't imagine that she had decided to stay on the surface with how convicted she was just a day or so before.

Just then the doors to the Cathedral swung open and Camille strode through them, once again wearing the set of armor that she had been wearing at the Summit. Not looking to anyone else in the room, her eyes locked directly on the hunter as she made a rather rapid approach to the hunter. "Fuck." Hudson said with a grimace, already starting to walk halfway to meet her as he put on a nervous smile. This was far, far sooner than he expected. Cassiel must have told her immediately after they had left the Abyssal Gate. "Cam, it's good to see you..! I had hoped to meet with you back home but there was still some business here that needed taking care of." he tried to explain, spreading his arms as if he was moving to hug her.

"Oh, mon cher amour..." Camille began, smiling brightly before delivering a powerful kick directly into Hudson's abdomen. Off guard, he lurched forward as the wind was knocked out of him, leaving him wide open for a heel kick delivered to the side of his face. The hunter gave a shout of pain, twisting about before he fell onto the Cathedral floor on his side, gritting his teeth as he struggled to get up. "F-fucking hell, woman!" Hudson spat, falling limp back onto the floor for a few moments as he gave several sputtering coughs.

"Idiot." the huntress said simply, her hands on her hips as she loomed over Hudson. "I was waiting a whole train ride to do that, you know."

Vincent watched as who he assumed to be Hudson's wife entered through the Cathedral's doors, stroll towards him, before knocking the hell out of him. He struggled to hold in a laugh, covering his mouth with his hand. Cassandra, on the other hand, spoke up. She stood near the priest's podium, arms folded. "Well now, this certainly is interesting." she remarked, eyeing Camille and Hudson. Cassiel and Undite were stunned by the fact that Camille had just strolled in and knocked the hell out of her husband inside a church of all places, pausing and forgetting about Leakhena and Zebulon's presence entirely for a few moments.

All the while, nobody noticed that Valeria had eased down the staircase in the corner to see what was going on.

Hudson groaned from his spot on the ground, not hurt that badly but he knew better than to get up just yet. The floor of the Grand Cathedral was quite clean for the most part, so that was a small blessing. This was part of the reason that he wanted to be home when he saw her again, it would be less embarrassing that way.

Cassandra was the first to speak up about the spectacle, and that got Camille to lock eyes with the pureblood before she looked utterly stunned. "What..? She was meant to be dead!" shouted Camille as she stepped over Hudson's prone body, as she approached the vampire even quicker than she did her husband. "Cam, please..." the hunter muttered as he pushed himself up off the ground, starting to get onto one of his feet to rise up fully.

The fact that Cassiel and Undite were there meant that she didn't have too much reason for alarm, but that didn't Camille was any less shocked or angry. "What is the meaning of this?!" she asks, frantically looking to the goddess and the angel. "Have they brought her back from the Abyss just to give her harsher punishment? Was that the wonderfully grand mission that my foolish husband took?"

"And what brings you back? Decide that you didn't want to condemn yourself to the Abyss after all?
"Well, it's a long story. But you can listen in if you want. You may actually want to hear about this. You too, Vincent." responds Leakhena. But then some bizarrely-armored woman storms right in; wearing armor that that makes her look like some kind of bird. For some reason, Hudson's extremely reluctant in approaching her. It's almost as if he's afraid for some reason, and she never thought she'd see him afraid before. Was this his sister or something? Though the Escarian she spoke confirms to her that it's actually his wife. Suddenly that jest he made about his wife killing him doesn't seem so funny now, especially when she delivered a kick right into his stomach.

"Oh my gods..." mutters Leakhena while covering her mouth. Meanwhile Zebulon reacts with a disgusted look towards Camille.

"No, the mission was to retrieve Valeria." responded Cassandra. "...I and Mariette helped them fight and kill two Icons of Sin, and escape. I'm here because I wish to help you all kill Sazak." She eyed Camille. "If it makes you feel better, huntress, I will be returning to the Abyss once Sazak is dead."

"She's right, Camille." spoke Cassiel. Undite walked over quickly, checking to see how badly Camille had hurt her husband. Meanwhile, Valeria eased further down the steps. "...C-Camille?" she said softly, as she reached the bottom of the staircase.

"Well well well, look who's making her way up in the world." Constantine chuckled. "Come on now, as she said, ladies first." Tiloc went through the portal first. Colette turned to Annen again and bowed her head like the priestess had done earlier. With a bit more confidence than before, she stepped through, leaving the gambler standing there alone. He turned his head to face Annen and tipped his hat before stepping through the portal.

Beyond the portal the trio gathered again to take their surroundings. The name was apt as there were wastes for miles around them.

"Alright, she said there will be a path for us. Where is it?"

"Over here, Vulture."
Tiloc said while kneeling down. A line was in front of her, one of blood. "She laid it out for us, we just need to follow."

"I think I'm sensing a theme here."
He joked. With a clap of his hand, he summoned the carriage. "Come on ladies, lets not keep the hosts waiting."
---
"How are you feeling?" Sara asked her colleague as they got off their horses.

"I'm fine, if a bit exited." Theodore answered once he dismounted. "Not every day do you see someone come back from the Abyss. Shame we weren't there to greet them as they left it."

"Blame Royland for that." She rolled her eyes jut thinking about it. "I need to make sure that you have performed your duties well." Sara imitated the knight. "Hardass."

"He has a more regal tone to him. Try to speak in a more traditional manner and you're gold." After giving her some pointers, he noticed a very familiar woman enter the cathedral before them. It was Camille. No surprise that she was here too. Her husband was among the team.

The two inquisitors entered the building just in time to witness her brutalize her significant other. The force of the kick made Sara wince.

"Should we do something?"

"At your own risk. I'm not jumping between her and her target unless I'd have a very good reason." Before he could say anything else, Cassandra made her presence known. Like Camille, he was dumbstruck by her not only being alive, but not even in chains. But helping kill not one, but two icons of sin along with Mariette? A hard tale to believe if Casielle didn't back it up. He made their presence known. "Apologies that we couldn't greet you at the gates, but work got in our way." His attention was then drawn to another familiar person, one that made him smile under the mask. They did it.

"The Abyss is exactly where you deserve to be after all that you've done." Camille shot back angrily, glaring daggers through Cassandra. At the moment she was so furious that she almost didn't notice the mention of Mariette. Curious as the huntress was about the countess' fate she didn't want to be hearing it from Cassandra of all people.

Though he had suffered quite the kick him he gave gentle wave to Undite to show that he wasn't too injured, at least he didn't think he felt a broken rib right now. After that point Hudson had managed to stand up fully, yet he coughed slightly still as he started to walk toward Camille as inconspicuously as he could manage. "What they say is true, I know you're a bit upset right now -" he began, only for Camille to pivot about and level a finger, to which Hudson put his hands up as if she was brandishing a loaded gun at him. "Not another word from you! I'm not done being livid with your stupid decision!" the huntress called back, just in time for her to see Valeria come down the steps.

"Valeria..? I thought you were... also dead. Mon dieu..." she said simple, her face and posture softening ever so slightly. Even if the two didn't always get along, she had never wished harm on Valeria, let alone whatever horrible fate that Sazak put her through. She could hardly notice Theodore calling out to them, her mind racing at that moment.

"Valeria..? I thought you were... also dead. Mon dieu..."

Valeria eased towards her, tears already streaming down her face. "S-Sazak...He wouldn't k-kill me or let me d-die." she responded, as tears dripped off her chin. "I-I know what he d-did to you...to a-all of you." Eventually, she rushed over and wrapped her arms around Camille in a hug. She could barely make out what Valeria was saying because she was crying so hard. They were apologies. Numerous apologies.

Cassandra's expression softened, as she gazed down at the floor instead of at Valeria and Camille. After a moment, the pureblood stepped away, moving towards the staircase on the other side of the cathedral which lead down beneath the building.

Camille stiffened up once she was hugged, not expecting that of Valeria at all and yet there she was. Her arms remained at her side for a time, but as the apologies continued she slowly wrapped them around the other woman. "And... none of it was your fault..." she managed, her voice breaking slightly. Camille didn't need to try to hide the pain of what she endured, for it seemed that Valeria was all too familiar with what had taken place.

Hudson stood behind them, the hand clutching at his stomach finally lowering to his side as he took a slow breath. Up until learning about Sazak and his curses he had no idea about what had been the actual cause of all of that pain brought on by that day. He knew enough that it couldn't be some freak accident, but there was still no one he could pin it on back then. Things were different now, though, and the hunter lowered the brim of his hat to hide the rage building in him.

As Valeria continued to hug and apologize to Camille, Vincent quietly looked to where Theodore and Sara had entered. He recognized both, having met both once or twice in the past. And as he looked at Theodore, he remembered what Henderson had told him to tell him. "Theodore. I need to speak to you. Its about Henderson." he said, stepping over towards them. Meanwhile, Cassiel looked to Leakhena. "...I apologize for what all just happened. What were you about to say?" he asked, as Undite moved to check on Valeria now.

Theodore didn't step towards Valeria and Camille while the two hugged. Like the huntress, he didn't blame her for any of the things Sazak had done to them, but he could wait to speak to her. Vincent brought up the other topic he wanted to discuss. Sara wouldn't be a problem in this discussion, having already catalogued a number of incidents involving the brute and the Church's exploits in trying to kill him. She was one of the few who could be called an expert by now.

"Yes, Vincent? I didn't see him anywhere with you, so I can assume that the Abyss took him."

"Yes, Vincent? I didn't see him anywhere with you, so I can assume that the Abyss took him."

"In a way. He chose to remain in the Abyss so that he could become a demon." replied Vincent. "He wanted to stay there. But he told me to tell you something before we left him." Vincent arrived, looking briefly to Sara before looking back to Theodore. "We met your wife in the Abyss. She was on the Abyssal train that we used to get around the Abyss a bit. Henderson told me to tell you that your wife is trapped there because her killer is still alive somewhere in the Mortal Realm. You have to kill them to set her free."

To see Valeria cry, to see someone so broken and ripped apart by the Abyss, to see someone suffer indescribable evils and torture in ways that reduce them to nothing more than a huddled up mess bound together by skin and cloth isn't something new to either Zebulon or Leakhena; yet it's something neither of them are able to bear. Neither of them can stand looking at her any longer lest they be reminded of the pain and suffering they both went through at the creeping hands of more hideous ones. Zebulon hypnotically scratches the brand mark on his chest, while Leakhena tries looking away only for her eyes to meet his. The both of them say nothing as they look at one another, but they both know they're feeling the same way.

"...I apologize for what all just happened. What were you about to say?"
"Huh... Oh." she says, almost like she's breaking out of a trance. "Well, do you remember what you told me about this mission? How I would be rewarded? I'm here to collect... sort of."

"... For something grand that will benefit us both." adds Zebulon.

"What?" The revelations from Vincent hit Theodore like a train. Practically making his head spin. Noticing something isn't right, Sara guided him to sit on one of the benches near them. "How is it possible that she's in the Abyss of all places?" He muttered finally "My Colette wouldn't harm a damn fly. She was a victim, not a predator!"

"Theodore, calm yourself." Sara pleaded with him. "Vincent said it's related to her killer."

"I brought the building down on Pierre myself. The explosion should have torn that connard to pieces. How could he have survived?" He shook his head "No, this is a trick by him isn't it? One final jab at me from that sick head of his. You should have killed him instead of letting him run free in the Abyss like some animal off his leash!"

"Mr. Boivin, think!" Once again she tried to plead to his rational side "Inquisitor Vincent saw her himself. Others from the expedition probably did too. They would have no reason to side with that monster's story if there wasn't truth to it. It is possible for Piere to have survived. Vampires are deceptively resilient, you know this. Why she is in the Abyss I can't say, but please, calm yourself.

Her words managed to break through somewhat, she could see through the mask's goggles that he was slowly realizing that Vincent was telling the truth. As painful it was to believe it, he was right.

"All this time.." He let out after a long pause "I...apologize Vincent, it was unprofessional of me...I need a moment."

Xiaòzhou soon arrived back at the cathedral, gently getting through the main gate, to find himself facing an unexpected sight; even if their auras were here, he still couldn't believe Leakhena was back! Nor that Zebulon had come with her, if he recalled his name correctly from the one time she said it out loud; what a nice surprise. To the side, meanwhile, he could see what appeared to be an incredibly pained Hudson being threatened by someone in armor, who seemed to be angry at both him and Cassandra, before Valeria descended. Must be someone associated with the Witlock Inquiry, he assumed until further notice.

He could see Vincent speaking with Mr. Boivin, another figure involved with that inquiry. Seemed quite much like a gathering of figures more relevant to all this than he. Thankfully, he wouldn't need to get in between their affairs, as he approached Leakhena and Zebulon. They can surely feel his aura, as he took off his cap to reveal his stump horns.

"Leakhena! Z-Zebulon!" Takato cheerily said their names, hoping he is neither intruding nor getting the angel mendicant's name wrong.

"Leakhena! Z-Zebulon!"
Leakhena turns around, surprised to see yet another member of their mission here in the cathedral with them, though quite more shocked that it's Takato of all people in a place like this.

"Oh, Takato!" she says, before pausing and scratching her head for a moment. Seeing as they're the only Redonians present in the vicinity, she decides to try out her mother's tongue of Kambudgan on him to see if he understands her. "R-Rikreay del... b-ban chuob anak mt-mto... ah... mtong tie-t..."

An attempt was made at least. Zebulon can only stare blankly at her; slightly mortified.

Xiaòzhou kind of paused in place, with his cheery smile remaining static, almost as if trying to process what Leakhena had just said. After a moment, his waving hand limped down as though gravity only just started to affect it, responding with a chuckle.

"...not a clue do I have of what you just said!" he chuckled, "It sounds like that one tongue from south of the mountains though! Is that what they speak in Battambang?" he asked rhetorically, as he placed his hands on his hips.

"Now, what are you two doing here? Did something happen already?" Xiaòzhou asked with a bit of a worried tone, as he didn't expect to see them.

"...not a clue do I have of what you just said!"
The embarrassment manifesting on Leakhena's face is palpable to the point outlines of her scars fade away from how red the cheeks on her face are becoming.
"Now, what are you two doing here? Did something happen already?"
"Nothing quite effective yet, and that's exactly why we are here." states Leakhena. "I have big plans of bringing down a small man behind the continued suffering of everything and everyone I care about, but we need help from higher powers to help us get started. And what higher power is there than this place?"

Valeria finally released Camille, tugged away gently by Undite. She had stopped apologizing finally, and was simply crying now. She kept making attempts to move towards Theodore, but as he was handling something heavy himself, Undite made sure to keep her at a comfortable distance for the time being. Meanwhile, Cassiel listened in as Leakhena and Xiaòzhou spoke. They needed help taking someone out? Why come here?

"Have you contacted Tariun or Azathor about this? We are more than happy to help, but I'm curious to see why they haven't acted themselves...if you've already asked them, of course." asked the angel. "We can provide food and weapons, should you need them. I'm sure the Inquisition could acquire a shipment of firearms and ammunition to hand over to you."

Meanwhile, Cassandra found herself wandering down the staircase into the Inquisition wing of the Cathedral. It hadn't really changed much during her time away from it, beyond the addition of more rooms and some modernization. Her old room was still there surprisingly, but was now occupied by a group of Inquisitors instead of it being a single room. She eyed the bunk beds and equipment inside, before continuing on. She could hear noises down below. A certain someone moving about the armory, more than likely. And when she arrived at the large iron and steel vault door, she peered inside to see Riberta over some of the weapons that were confiscated from the Order. "Shopping?" asked Cassandra. Riberta glanced over and grunted. "Yeah. Shopping's a good word for it." she responded.

"Have you contacted Tariun or Azathor about this? We are more than happy to help, but I'm curious to see why they haven't acted themselves...if you've already asked them, of course."
"Neither of them know about what I plan on doing." she affirms. "It isn't because I don't trust either of them, but considering the situation in the Abyss, I doubt they're able to spare the high amount of resources I need to assist me. Tariun has stretched her influence across the entire Abyss in an effort to strike at all the icons at once and Azathor is too focused on his father." Leakhena moves in a little closer, and also lowers her tone a little. "And between you and me, I am not going to wait in line and see if one of them finally looks down and finds us people of gluttony struggling under their shadows; as we have for centuries eating nothing but mud-" Anger gradually builds up the more she speaks, but a soft nudge from Zebulon calms her down before she rants any further.

"I just want to help my people, Cassiel, but I am not going to wait a second longer; not when the blood of not one, but two icons is still fresh on my sword. So I need guns, lots of them, and lots of ammunition too. Once I have enough to arm the people of Tehom, then our uprising against Thorgran may truly begin."

The two inquisitors stood in silence. Theodore staring into space as it was all setting in. Sara resting her hand on his shoulder, offering some comfort to her colleague.

"I just don't understand it." Theodore finally spoke "Why is she there? If either of us deserves damnation it should be me. I'm the one with necromancy knowledge." After a few more seconds of contemplating everything he stood up from the bench and sighed "Regardless, my goal is clear."

"Question is, where do we even start?"

"Something we'll figure out once we're back in the office. But for now, the other reason we're here. "Theodore slowly walked to Valeria, trying to regain his composure "It's good to see you again mademoiselle Witlock."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back