• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Hunter's Moon: The Sin & Sentence [IC] [CLOSED]

Mariette's smile faded just slightly at Cassandra's touch. "I didn't mean 'without them,' Cass," she clarified, but to the second remark, she didn't respond. She acknowledged Riberta with a nod, drawing her side sword and taking out her grimoire as she was hurried along by her lover back toward the dining car. A moment later, the three of them appeared and took stock of the situation. "You have to get her out of here," Mariette told Cassandra. "You're the fastest. Get her to safety and then come back for us."

Takato tried to maintain his slow breathing as Kat was killed in the blink of an eye. Ralvas' aura was intense this close up, so much so Venextos' rage pailed in comparison. Not even the mention of Kellea seemingly no longer being a potential foe helped, but he couldn't even register that thought before Venextos' rage quickly surpassed his aura in intensity and proximity.

Remembering what happened last time, Takato quickly began maintaining his aura on the Grand Magus, to make sure he didn't die on them.

"Oh no, another one of you talking types." Henderson's eyes rolled. The brute glanced towards Valeria and back to the pride demon. "Sorry, I'm under contract to tell you to sod it."

'He is Ralvas. Icon of Pride. Strong, dangerous, extremely powerful. Beat him down brute! Give me his blood!'

"Didn't I tell you to be quiet?" Henderson readied the hammer. Maybe hitting the demon in the face would shut it up? As good as plan as any.

Jakob slowly emerged from his room, having heard the commotion from the dining area of the car. He slowly made his way there - shirtless. As he entered the room, he realized that he didn't feel Wesix's nor Kat's auras on the train anymore. Then, he realized who was standing in front of them. None other than an Icon. Jakob didn't know which one it was until he spoke of Wallace and that weird lady they had to fight to get Valeria out of there. "So... the Icon of Pride, right? I thought you'd be taller, ya'know." He said as he looked at his contorting hand. "I was the one that put that dog Wallace down. Now it looks like his owner's looking revenge? Well, buddy..." Jakob looked at his companions, specially Mariette and Cassandra, smirking a bit. "...These are some very tough hombres and ladies. We ain't going down, specially when we are this close to getting out... It's time to kill us an Icon." he said as his body kept transforming into his werewolf form. Edmond, who had lurking in the shadows as usual, took the opportunity to approach Valeria. "Madame... follow me. I'll get you... to safety." he said, while offering his hand to her.

"I won't let you hurt ANY OF THEM."

Ralvas' head snapped about almost instantaneously, his rage filled eyes locking onto Venextos. "TRY AND STOP ME, PISSANT." he fired back, seething rage flowing forth in his voice. "You think those relics you all robbed from our predecessors' tombs are going to help you? FAT CHANCE OF THAT! I'm an Icon of Sin!"

"You have to get her out of here," Mariette told Cassandra. "You're the fastest. Get her to safety and then come back for us."

"Madame... follow me. I'll get you... to safety."

"I SAID SHE'S NOT GOING ANYWHERE!" spat Ralvas, looking to the new arrivals. His hands began to glow, and in a bright flash of orange light, two orbs shot up into the roof of the car. The car rattled and shook, forcing some of them to stumble. Then it settled. Oddly, the windows were now glowing a shimmering orange, as if a wave of sunlight was washing over them.

"NOW NONE OF YOU CAN LEAVE! THIS TRAIN CAR WILL BE YOUR TOMB!" he roared, following it with another maniacal laugh. He glanced to Jakob, and spoke again afterwards. "YOU killed Wallace!? YOU'RE A MUTT. An ordinary lycan in way the hell over his head! And you're about to be headless because I'm going to RIP IT OFF."

His next glance was to Mariette and Cassandra, and he let out a cackle of laughter. "BY THE ELDER GODS, I wish Sazak was here! I'd make him watch me brutalize you! OVER AND OVER AGAIN! It's all you disgusting, miserable whores deserve!"

Last edited:
Jakob simply grunted as the demon threatened them, claws ready to strike. Edmond realized that the spell that was surrounding the cart would only cease when the caster stops performing it. Knowing well that they could not talk the demon down, Edmond pulled the rusted Zweihänder he had picked while stalking the party. "Madame, I realize... you might want to fight... but please. You are... valuable... Stay behind me. Your companions... will win, I am sure of it." he said before looking back at the demon. "...And if they can't put him down, then I will."

"If Sazak was here, he'd know the extent of your failures."

Mariette had said it plainly. There was no smile or smirk on her face, as this was no ploy but rather a statement of fact. But she also knew that the facts of the situation had already wounded him deeply. He was unkempt, nearly unhinged. Stating the obvious was the most hateful thing she could manage. "You are the reason so much misfortune has befallen Taranoch and his court, and even if you destroy us all and remove all trace of this embarrassing episode, even if you somehow conceal it from your master so completely that he never catches on, you, monsieur, will have to live with the memory of this debacle forever. You will know your own inadequacy."

Well, as much as Gwen wanted to run back to grab her gun, that proved impossible for her now. So, with a sword in one hand and her other ready to sling magic towards the icon, the queen wasn't exactly comfortable. "It's all you disgusting, miserable whores deserve!" Something hit Gwen. If they were fighting say, a wrath demon, egging the thing on would be a terrible idea, but... if their fight with the daemon prince was any indication, then getting him more and more pissed off would make him a larger target.

"Oh, we're the miserable whores, mon ami? I know you must be looking at your reflection at all times, but, do you not see the kind of company you have? I mean, really. Why you'd send your lapcandy to accost us, and ruin her... ah, tch, what's the phrase... street looks? I suppose we all can thank you for the target practice, though, mm?"

'He talks big, but is still a whelp. Not like I was. I grew fat with strength.' The hammer desperately wanted to spur it's wielder on. Even long dead, the echo wanted to prove it's superiority to a audience of one. An audience that was indifferent to it's goals, but facts never stood in the way of these types.

"I hear the sound of one hand clapping in your voice." Henderson did a mocking gesture with his palm. "You killed two professional pleasure providers that were in no way ready to combat anyone. Going by your kind's track record, that is something to take pride in." He quickly changed his hand to a V gesture "That's TWO more than your underlings COMBINED!"

"...And if they can't put him down, then I will."

Ralvas laughed aloud. "YOU COULDN'T EVEN PUT DOWN AN INQUISITORIAL GROUP ON GRIMTHAM!" he said, pointing at the malformed vampire. Before he could continue, however, the others spoke up.

"Oh, we're the miserable whores, mon ami? I know you must be looking at your reflection at all times, but, do you not see the kind of company you have? I mean, really. Why you'd send your lapcandy to accost us, and ruin her... ah, tch, what's the phrase... street looks? I suppose we all can thank you for the target practice, though, mm?"

"I hear the sound of one hand clapping in your voice." Henderson did a mocking gesture with his palm. "You killed two professional pleasure providers that were in no way ready to combat anyone. Going by your kind's track record, that is something to take pride in." He quickly changed his hand to a V gesture. "That's TWO more than your underlings COMBINED!"

"We take pride in our appearances, whore. And Kellea was my lieutenant! A loyal soldier and follower in the army of Pride! AND YOU RUINED HER! She's no longer is worthy of even being in my presence! I had to throw her out into the Hollowlands! Worthless TRASH." he spat in response to Gwen. "AND I DIDN'T SEND THEM. They followed you on their own! I TOLD THEM TO REMAIN AT THE PALACE! They disobeyed me."

He then looked to Henderson. "I killed those two because they betrayed me! The moment they started helping your lot, they LOST THEIR RIGHT TO LIVE." he responded. "AND I AND MY LIEUTENANTS HAVE KILLED MORE THAT YOU COULD EVER DREAM!"

But then Mariette finally spoke up, forcing him to snap his attention to her.

"If Sazak was here, he'd know the extent of your failures. You are the reason so much misfortune has befallen Taranoch and his court, and even if you destroy us all and remove all trace of this embarrassing episode, even if you somehow conceal it from your master so completely that he never catches on, you, monsieur, will have to live with the memory of this debacle forever. You will know your own inadequacy."

Ralvas went quiet, a look of shock slowly washing over his face. His eyes darted between the members of the group, as the rest of the group soon arrived in the dining room area. "I...I 'm not..." he muttered to himself, visibly shaking a bit. She had apparently struck something with her words. But soon he looked back to Mariette, and his eyes widened as he pointed at her. "But...BUT I'M NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR SAZAK'S ACTIONS! Yes! YES! If Sazak had just fucking killed Witlock over there, YOU ALL WOULDN'T BE HERE! HAHAHA! I'm just cleaning up his mess! HIS FUCK-UPS! My hands will be clean of ALL of this if I just kill you all!"

He grinned wide, as his sanity started to slip away. "I'LL PROVE MYSELF TO TARANOCH! I'll take pride in slaughtering you all and proving that I'm better than Sazak! That pitiful excuse of an Icon!" he yelled out, following it with more maniacal laughter as his eyes started to glow brightly.

------

The Heartlands - The Train - Ultra Boss Battle (Ralvas)
Ralvas, the Icon of Pride (Icon of Sin - Pride)

Ralvas, the Icon of Pride (5000 HP)

Trait #1: Power of an Icon - May strike up to 3 targets in a turn (depending on how rolls go.) Does 5 DMG normally.
Trait #2: Easily Bruised Ego - Is easily distracted by those that take shots at his pride. Will focus on one foe for a turn if foe successfully rolls a 4 or above on a D6.
Trait #3: Broken Pride - Can be stunned by Super Moves. When a Super Move connects, is stunlocked for a turn. (Does not stack for multiple Super Moves.)

THREE TURNS UNTIL SUPER MOVES ARE AVAILABLE.

Venextos wasted no time in going on the offensive as he launched a flurry of orange disks at Ralvas from his position as he continued to draw power from the necklace he wore. Soon... we'll end this. he thought to himself, placing confidence in the group's ability to defeat the unhinged Icon.

Hudson kept to his combat stance even as Ralvas came in and swiftly ended Kat's life. He twisted his head about as her lifeless body hit the floor yet quickly kept his eyes back on the Icon, gritting his teeth as he grew slightly nervous. This would be the true test if they can stand up to an Icon, if they would even be able to kill someone as strong as Sazak. With all of the questions of their ability to even compete with such a powerful entity on his mind, the hunter was far too focused to start dispensing quips at the moment. Yet he knew if this pride demon was anything like Kallea that such envenomed words at Ralvas' expense may be the key to defeating them.

"For such a prideful son of a bitch you're really itching to prove yourself." Hudson spoke up over Ralvas' deranged laughter. "If you have so much to be proud of your pedigree should go without saying, you fair-skinned piece of shit." The hunter took a bold step forward, unfurling one of Velin's Tears as the chains rattled loudly as they gained slack, throwing them in a great arc so that the flaming mace head at their end was sent on a collision course with the Icon's head.

Henderson shook his head at the Icon's boasting. He didn't know what to expect, but someone so eager to boast always has a fragile ego. Not like him of course. His pride comes with serious backing. In any case, Hudson seemed eager to take the initiative and draw the attention to himself. Bold strategy and one that would leave their target open if his ego permits it.

The brute readies the hammer for a swing. Should draw some blood if it connects.

Takato continued to maintain his aura on the Grand Magus, knowing the impact the necklace had, even if he was just tossing projectiles. He began considering tossing his own projectiles, until Hudson charged in with his chains. Having made his remarks, the hermit worried for the man's life, and for a moment contemplated on whether or not to just concentrate on group healing at the moment.

With a sigh, Takato quickly identified all those in Ralvas' vicinity, and within the train car, and concentrated on making sure they were all as sprightly as possible.

Maybe it was fear which tethered Mariette, preventing her from slipping into the power-drunk stupor she had displayed in the fight against Kellea, but for the time being she kept her focus and emotions in check. Ralvas seemed more fragile than his own lieutenants, perhaps due to the pressure of maintaining his pride above all else, but he was also far more dangerous. Mariette had her grimoire out already, but was at a total loss as to how she could turn the tables on the icon until he shifted all the blame for his failures onto Sazak. With a spritz of blood on her enchanted pages, the witch whispered an incantation under her breath, a more and more devilish smile creeping across her face as she shaped the hex to her liking.

This should be fun.

The sudden appearance of an icon made Leakhena fly off her feet and behind the bed Vincent was sitting on. Not just any icon either, but it's Ralvas they're trapped here with; the most unbearable of all the pride demons, but one she knew that could actually back up his bragging, unlike Kellea. With what little time the others had bought her by having him make endless boasts and threats she manages to put together Adriel's armor back on. Now in full gear, she slowly creeps out of her cabin with her rifle in hand, and delivers a bullet down the hallway towards Ralvas' back.

The Heartlands - The Train - Ultra Boss Battle (Ralvas) - TURN 1
Venextos = 3 + 1 (4, Sorcerer Supreme.) Misses Ralvas.
Hudson = 4 + 1 (5, Velin's Tears.) Does 9 DMG (5 + 4, Velin's Tears, Binding Chains) to Ralvas. Ralvas' HP = 4991.
Henderson = 9. Does 18 DMG (5 + 13, Hellish Gauntlets, Abyssal Hammer) to Ralvas. Ralvas' HP = 4973.
Mariette attempts to cast a hex on Ralvas. D6 used. Chance Roll = 6. Chance Successful! Ralvas has been successfully distracted for three turns.
Leakhena = 4. Misses Ralvas.
Jakob = 6 + 2 (8, With Badge & Gun.) Does 8 DMG (5 + 3, With Badge & Gun) to Ralvas. Ralvas' HP = 4965.
Gwen = 5 + 2 (7, Spiteful Survivalist.) Does 15 DMG (5 + 10, Abyssal Tome) to Ralvas. Ralvas' HP = 4950.
Cassandra = 8. Does 15 DMG (5 + 10, Abyssal Estoc) to Ralvas. Ralvas' HP = 4935.
Riberta = 6. Does 15 DMG (5 + 10, Adriel's Trident) to Ralvas. Ralvas' HP = 4920.

Vincent = 5 + 3 (8, The Huntsman.) Does 5 DMG to Ralvas. Ralvas' HP = 4915.

The Heartlands - The Train - Ultra Boss Battle (Ralvas) - TURN 1 (ENEMY)
Ralvas is distracted by Mariette's hex! Cannot attack this turn!

------
The battle began, as Venextos leapt into action. Flinging several discs of powerful magic at Ralvas. Ralvas simply swatted them away, sending them flying about the dining hall. Shredding through tables, walls, windows...anything they came into contact with. Hudson's hit missed its intended target, but still struck Ralvas in the shoulder as he swatted away the last of the discs. He snapped about, glaring at the hunter. "I PROVE MYSELF EVERY MOMENT OF MY LIFE WITH MY EXISTENCE." he spat in response, "I am the Icon of Pride! I am the best at what I do! UNLIKE SAZAK! Sneaking around in the background! HE DOESN'T DO A DAMNED THING HIMSELF BEYOND MAKE DEALS, ORDER HIS SONS AND MINIONS AROUND, AND FUC--"

Before he could finish his statement, Henderson's hammer slapped against Ralvas' spine. Ralvas recoiled from it, stumbling forwards as flesh was torn from his back and blood began to run down. He struggled to reach back to touch his wound, shouting "YOU FUCKING PIG-FACED BASTARD!" Leakhena then made her move, firing off a shot from the hallway. Her gunshot gave herself away, and Ralvas caught the bullet just like Kellea had before. He growled, tossing the spent round aside. Jakob rushed in, and with a few swipes of his claws, managed to scratch Ralvas across his arms before being shoved backwards with a sudden burst of power.

Gwen was the next to make a hit, managing to cast another magical bolt using her tome. The bolt hit Ralvas in the chest, knocking the wind out of him for a moment, before Cassandra appeared behind him and dragged the tip of her Estoc across his wounded back. He groaned in pain, as a streak of blood appeared. And then Riberta moved in alongside Vincent. Ralvas managed to swat away several of Riberta's swings with the trident, but when Vincent's rifle shot hit Ralvas in the thigh, Riberta stabbed him in the side with one of the points of the trident. With a jerk, he removed the point of the trident, and shoved Riberta away effortlessly.

Before Ralvas could react, he suddenly felt a very familiar presence in the room. One that he had been talking about the past few minutes. As he turned around to face it, his eyes widened. "...You're here? How did...SHE told you, didn't she? I should have just killed the bitch!" he said, pointing at an invisible entity. The others looked at one another confused, till they noticed Mariette had her book open. Speaking a powerful hex, cast onto Ralvas.

TWO TURNS UNTIL SUPER MOVES ARE AVAILABLE.

Last edited:
Venextos didn't waste any time in continuing the offensive as moved his hands together to summon green lightning in between his fingers before letting loose the spell onto the Icon without hesitation.

"Pig faced?" Spoke with a mocking tone "Hungry, have big teeth and what look like tusks poking out. That would be a boar, innit?" the mutant smiled as the Icon would be pushed back. The hammer didn't waste time as it absorbed the blood and few morsels of flesh it tore off.

'MORE MORE MORE!' It demanded, forcing Henderson to roll his eyes. He raised it over his head to deliver another blow to the demon as he was distracted

Leakhena slaps the side of her head in frustration; not because she missed her target, but that she had to suffer yet another moment with a pride demon talking. 'Gods, he's worse than Kellea. If only Kaizen was still here. He wouldn't have allowed either of them to utter a single word.' she muses while pulling the bolt back. Again, she aims carefully and fires a shot; hoping it'd cause him enough pain worthy of him opening up his mouth this time.

"Tsk, tsk." the illusionary Sazak teased at Mariette's command. With a silky, calm voice, he circled the room, unafraid of the adventurers around him as he shook his head and cast them disdainful sidelong glances, aside from Mariette and Cassandra. The former made sure that her fake Sazak would hold a longer gaze, full of a tempered, evil glee as if certain words were at the tip of his tongue, but he would wait until he was done with his peer, first. "I'm surprised and disappointed in you, Ralvas... Well, come to think of it, I'm not actually surprised at all. Of course, Kellea told me all about this mess of yours, but, dearest me, I thought she was exaggerating! They're really riding your train, drinking your liquor, and bumping elbows with your servants?"

Sazak let out a rich chuckle as he took a step closer to Valeria, before turning back to Ralvas. "But the truly incredible part is that you've lost so much dignity with the slightest prick, you witless bag of wind. I heard what you said about Miss Witlock. You don't even know your own sin anymore... This worm," he said, gesturing back at the former inquisitor, who was still cowering behind Ser Edmond, "I have my reasons for keeping her, the chief of which at this point is entertainment. I had her safely tucked away until your train and your servants escorted these tourists right to the barrows and unearthed her. And you say that's a failure of mine? As if it just isn't safe to keep souls around, here, in the Abyss! If I can't have one soul for myself, then I can't have any, can I!?"

Sazak's tone had become more accusatory, although he retained a triumphant smirk as he indicted the Icon of Pride. "Or maybe that's just how low we Icons will fall if we keep a sniveling wreck like you in charge of the Land of Pride. They've already drawn blood from you, and now... Now I'm going to stand here and watch them take you apart, like a shoddy old house, and let all the rats and termites see the light of day. And when they're done killing you, I'll finish off the ones I don't want, and take Miss Witlock and my lovely little scullery maids back from this excursion and maybe make myself a few more sons to order around."

The final remark was sarcastic and hate-filled. He cast a glance to Mariette and Cassandra, and for the first time since Mariette created the illusion, she graced his expression with true, unbridled anger. She grabbed onto Cassandra's hand and feigned terror, hoping her lover would do the same.

Hudson reeled back in his mace quickly after striking Ralvas' shoulder, not wanting to waste any time with how powerful their foe was. Henderson had already closed the distance and was fighting in the small space that the train car could provide, so slamming Velin's Tears into the Icon was going to prove even more difficult. Furling the chains back around his waist, he took up his heavenly blade with both hands and started to rush forward. The hunter broke into a sprint and kicked his legs onto the ground, sliding forward as he used his momentum to slash at Ralvas' side as he tried to move between him and Henderson as efficiently as possible.

Takato considered his next action carefully. While the Icon remains a threat, if they somehow manage to continuously restrain him in some capacity, they might be able to deal with him. Though he may have failed doing so with Kellea, it wouldn't hurt to try and use his energy to try and constrain Ralvas, forcing him to a standstill whilst the others pummeled him. His hopes weren't entirely high, knowing their strength, but it was worth a shot.

The Heartlands - The Train - Ultra Boss Battle (Ralvas) - TURN 2
Venextos = 1 + 1 (2, Sorcerer Supreme.) Misses Ralvas.
Henderson = 5. Does 18 DMG (5 + 13, Hellish Gauntlets, Abyssal Hammer) to Ralvas. Ralvas' HP = 4882
Leakhena = 1. Misses Ralvas.
Hudson = 7. Does 15 DMG (5 + 10, Heavenly Blade) to Ralvas. Ralvas HP = 4900
Takato attempts to hold Ralvas still! D6 used. Chance roll = 2. Chance failed!
Jakob = 6 + 2 (8, With Badge & Gun.) Does 8 DMG (5 + 3, With Badge & Gun) to Ralvas. Ralvas' HP = 4874
Gwen = 2 + 2 (4, Spiteful Survivalist.) Misses Ralvas.
Riberta = 6. Does 15 DMG (5 + 10, Adriel's Trident) to Ralvas. Ralvas' HP = 4859

Vincent = 8 + 2 (10, The Huntsman.) CH Roll = 7 Does 7 DMG to Ralvas. Ralvas' HP = 4852

The Heartlands - The Train - Ultra Boss Battle (Ralvas) - TURN 2 (ENEMY)
Ralvas is distracted by Mariette's hex! Cannot attack this turn!

------
Venextos's attack whizzed past Ralvas, his surge of power throwing his aim off a bit. It hit the wall of the cabin, blowing a large hole through it and sending charred splinters of wood everywhere. Henderson didn miss, however, as his hammer caught Ralvas across the side of his shoulder. Ralvas didn't even flinch this time, cutting Henderson a look as blood oozed from the wound.

Leakhena would fire another shot, and Ralvas would catch it yet again. "I grow tired of your toys, Glutton!" he spat, tossing the bullet aside. However, her shot provided a good enough distraction for Hudson to rush in and deliver a slice with his angelic blade across the Icon's side. Ralvas groaned, before grabbing and throwing Hudson away from him towards the others.

Takato then attempted to hold Ralvas in place, using some of his special skills. It didn't seem to work, however, as Ralvas moved effortlessly to try and avoid Jakob's swipes. Jakob still managed to connect, his claws cutting into Ralvas' chest and abs. Gwen would cast another spell in the meantime, a magic speak which she flung at the Icon. He simply turned to avoid it, as it ripped a hole through the bar they had been sitting and talking at before.

Riberta charged, twirlling the trident and slapping Ralvas across the side of his head just as Vincent's rifle shots ripped through the Icon's thigh. Ralvas, however, was more preoccupied withthe illusionary Sazak in the room. As Sazak finished, cutting an angry look at Mariette and Cassandra (whom both looked terrified of him), Ralvas chuckled.

"Oh, this isn't about me! This is about YOU, you pompous attention whore! You and your insane grudge against that insect's bloodline! You want her around to torture because you couldn't get your hands on the one that gave you that fucking scar on your face! OH YES! And we all know how you despise being embarassed!" he barked, pointing at the illusion again. "That's why I'm cleaning up your mess! All to embarass you in front of Taranoch! All of this is your fault! ALL OF IT. Because of your petty fucking grudge against the Witlocke bloodline! You even kept a fucking MAP to her cell! DID YOU THINK THESE IDIOTS WOULDN'T GO LOOKING FOR IT, YOU JACKASS?! THEY FOUND HER BECAUSE OF YOU. Next they'll find the artifacts because you decided to keep a bookmark or something in one of your diaries!"

He growled, before looking to Valeria. "Tell you what, Sazak...I'll kill Witlock, and take your two toys over there for myself! You certainly don't deserve a fucking thing with how you've been handling all of this! Maybe Taranoch will bump you back down to a simple Prince, too!"

ONE TURN UNTIL SUPER MOVES ARE AVAILABLE.

Given his target was an Icon, Venextos should have been expecting that his attacks would be difficult to land but his corrupting anger continued to mount as frustration set in. Rather quickly, he moved for his next attack and he formed a purple spear from his palms and launched it in a renewed assault against Ralvas once more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back