• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Hunter's Moon: The Sin & Sentence [IC] [CLOSED]

Vincent walked through the house slowly and carefully, as to not disturb Loque as she seemed to be lost in memories. He glanced back to Seriphine to make sure she was following, before looking at the paintings. Surreal. Alien. Mildly disturbing. The Northern Wastes, an area undisturbed by those under the Abyssal King...at least under the current one. The central territories were far larger before Taranoch took over, and the Northern Wastes were much farther away. He looked over the portraits, trying to pick out distinct features like eyes, a nose, and so on...until he stopped at the most human looking one. "...Loque...Who's this painting of?" he asked, motioning towards it with his hand.

Seriphine watched Loque open the door with a pained expression. She wanted to help but she was unsure if the demon would even let her.
As she stepped inside Vincent and Seri followed. By now Seriphine had sheathed her weapons and walked as silent as ever across the dirty floorboards.

Judging by Loque's expression it was clear that she was seeing something, perhaps even experiencing a memory of the past. Seriphine sighed and ran her hand down the side of a carved wooden shelf. The very being of the house had a powerful aura with a hint of magic- one or more powerful spells had been placed at this location- which wasn't all that surprising considering the fact where the group was.

When Vincent spoke up Seriphine glanced over to him and the paintings in question. Some were beautiful in their own exotic way while others looked like any other typical household painting but with some added alien flair to them.
Seriphine approached Loque and placed a hand on her shoulder.

"Breathe Loque, breathe," she said with a soft voice. "We shall not leave your side."

"...Loque...Who's this painting of?"
Loque raises her head to look at where Vincent's pointing. "What..." she responds flatly. She sluggishly gets up, gently brushes Seriphine's hand off, and saunters over to the portrait to get a better look. At first, she looks perplexed. Then she grabs it and pulls it in closer to her face.

"Wh-what..?"

With a shaking hand, she slowly rubs the portrait's face, feeling every feature on its face with her fingers. She felt the portrait's eyes, then she feels her own. She feels the nose, then her lack of one. She feels the mouth, then the jagged mess she has taking up a majority of her face. The longer she looks at it, the more she loses her composure. It nearly slips out of her hands as she tries holding it together. She can't, and soon enough, she starts to weep. The droplets run down the edge of the frame and onto the wooden floor. She stares back at Vincent, ready to fall apart screaming.

"What happened to me!?"

Takato looked concerned, as he watched Loque respond to Seriphine. Not noting anything approaching them, even with the strong mystical aura present, he felt it was probably best to follow in, just in case something happened. Entering the building behind the others. Passing through, he couldn't help but notice the conical straw hat on the hat rack. Recalling the rural appearance of the area, such a hat made sense, though Loque seemed positively Adonian, at least culturally. But he also noted the style of the straw hat, its construction seemed... different from what he has seen back home in Upper Redonia, or heck, even in Lower Redonia.

Following further in, the living room seemed absolutely disheveled, and as the other have, his eyes turned to the framed portraits on the shelves. His eyes watched as each, before falling upon the one that looked most human. That was definitely a Redonian, no doubt about it... and yet, it seemed foreign... is her heritage somewhere south of the Konron Mountains? He has seen some arrive from the south, such as some from the region of Sindoo, but the woman resembled them not. Perhaps... is it... what's the name of the place? Madakmang? Battambang? He was completely uncertain.

Vincent spoke up and asked who the person in the portrait, and as Seriphine tried to calm her, she moved over to the portrait, and just began weeping... the woman was her. Takato didn't know how he could potentially help her, his mind still a jumble. He looked to the others who entered, hoping someone might have a better idea.

Meanwhile, aside from the appearance of the house's inside, the backyard of the house isn't much better. It's equally been neglected to the point of disrepair. Though at least there's something that looks alive out here. Being overlooked from a porch surrounding the rear entrance is a massive rice paddy, overgrowing and filled with rice grasses. Loque's absence has allowed the grass to grow so high that it's hard to see just how big this paddy really is. Equally green is a pile of rubble of stone and glass on the far side of the porch. It's hard to tell what this structure used to be, but all sorts of weeds growing out of the it have creeped along the walkway from the rubble to the rear of the house; hence the overgrowth the group saw earlier. The weeds also appear to be the reason why the barn off to the side is collapsing. Its ceiling is caving in on itself in one corner, causing the barn to split apart in that direction. An outhouse is also right by its side, though thankfully the weeds haven't ruined it yet.

However, there's something curious among all this ruin. Two carved stones, still standing tall among the weeds and grass in front of the porch, and both with inscriptions written on them in the demon language that can still be read clearly. The only thing attempting to block their text is a few heads of tall grass.

Kassidy eyed the barn, her black and gold eyes studying the collapsing roof and frame. A few more years, and the barn's roof would likely be entirely on the ground. She sighed and shook her head, before moving over towards where the two carved stones sat on the ground next to the porch. She could read the inscriptions, but only partially was the tall heads of grass, which she pushed aside as she squatted down next to them.

---
Vincent backed away from Loque, as she started to break down as she looked at the painting. The painting was her? She looked totally different! Then he remembered how demons changed their shape and form if they spent several years under the influence of an icon or a sin. She spent so much time in the service of Thorgran that she started to look like a true gluttony demon...but that didn't explain her almost human appearance in the painting. Was her mother a succubus at one point? She looked so different from the ones they had seen...unless she spent time in the Northern Wastes. The Northern Wastes could also shift and change the appearance of a demon, making them appear more like those prior to Adriel's reign.

Finally, he tried to move her to sit down. "Here. Try and stay calm. Just sit down." he said, before pulling the canteen off his side. "Have some water."

Last edited:
"Here. Try and stay calm. Just sit down." he said, before pulling the canteen off his side. "Have some water."
It'll take more than just water to calm Loque's nerves after seeing what she used to look like. It'll just have to do until someone fishes around her kitchen for something better. For now, she sits back down at the wooden dining table with Vincent helping her. She wipes her tears and tries controlling her breath, pausing a few seconds before each breath, and occasionally drinking from the canteen. That portrait's still in her hands and she sets it down in the center.

"... I used to be pretty, Vincent. I w-was told... so many times, I l-looked just like my mother. All of us... we looked human... But Thorgran... serving him made it all change. Being beaten, being abused... Then I wake up one day, and I see this..." Shakily, she gestures to her face. The stark difference between how she looked back then compared to how she is now is nothing short of uncanny. Any resemblances left, such as her reddish-orange skin tone which is somehow still apparent after being scorched and scarred, only serves to make it even more uncomfortable than it is already; to think that she went from a beautiful Redonian woman to this scabbed-over monstrosity barely resembling anything human. "I don't think my parents would even recognize me, if they were still around." She points to the shelf beneath where her portrait was previously as she drinks some more from the canteen. There's two pictures there: a demon wearing a plain looking helmet who very clearly looks like he hails from the Northern Wastes, and a demon woman of gluttony.

"But... maybe it's good they're not here anymore..." There's a hint of self-resentment and shame in that statement. "I mean I... didn't do things they'd like in the mortal realm..."

And she's right, and she knows it. It's been decades, perhaps centuries, since she's ever truly remembered her parents. If she hadn't come here, she feels now she would've forgotten what they even looked like. But now all she can picture of them are their expressions as they're forced to watch her rip, and cut, and consume not just the poorer elements of Escarian society, but her friends among the nobility too. As well as everything else in between; since sometimes she didn't settle for simply eating them. She breathes in deeply again and downs the rest of the canteen in one last attempt to stop herself from having another breakdown on the spot. She feels she needs to steel herself in consequence for what she's about to ask next.

"Vincent... Y-you work with the church, right?" She sits up straight, grips the table, and adjusts "...Do you take confession?"

---​
As Kassidy brushed the grass aside, the text and purpose of these stones becomes clear. These are tombstones. There are dead people buried here. The text read:

HONORABLE SERVANT OF HIS MAJESTY, KAIZEN

-ZS’ASTAVOLNITOG OF THE NORTHERN WASTES-

LIES HERE WITH HIS BELOVED WIFE

-SAMNANG VONG OF BATTAMBANG-

Last edited:
Vincent listened quietly, but raised his eyebrows as Loque asked if she took confessions. He scratched his chin. "...I'm...I'm not a priest...but as a member of the Vigilant Order, in the service of the Church...I can take confessions in the absence of a priest." he responded, squatting next to her. Confessions from a demon...certainly an odd situation. One he had never heard of, and certainly never thought he'd see. Much less be part of himself. "...What is it that you need confess?"

---
A demon of the Northern Wastes, servant to Lord Kaizen himself. Kassidy eyed the tombstones for a few moments, as she sat crouched next to them. The wife was from some other place...Battambang. She had never heard of such a place here in the Abyss. Maybe it was from the mortal realm? Redonia maybe?

"...What is it that you need confess?"

Loque looks around anxiously while she gathers her thoughts. There’s a lot she feels she must get off her chest after having it weigh down on her for too long. But just where in all the hells does she start? Her parents raised her with nothing but love and care, hoping that she'd grow up to stand strong even in the middle of all the depravity and suffering the Abyss has to offer, but she had failed them so hard beyond any capacity once she entered the mortal realm. Everything went wrong the moment she set foot on mortal soil. Rounding up beggars to be eaten, conspiring with Escarian nobility to kill and later eat other nobles along with their families, corrupting people to commit wicked acts just for her amusement, the list of her sins go on.

“... I don’t know where to begin.” she flatly states. “I did horrible things, Vincent... I did a lot of horrible things. I don't know what's worse... eating people, corrupting people, ruining people... ” As she speaks, she slowly sinks deeper into her seat out of nervousness. “I didn’t earn my money...I killed for it. All of it. In fact, that’s... that’s the first thing I did when I came here. I killed an Escarian noble and all his family, and I took everything he had for myself. His money, his manor, his servants... I took all of it, and I didn’t leave anyone alive who could possibly take it away from me... But it wasn’t enough. It just wasn’t enough, Vincent... I needed more. I went after his friends and their families too... I just needed more, even with all I had and what I was doing. Eating all the finest foods, drinking all the finest wines, having all the money, getting 'comfortable' with some of my servants, it was never enough...”

Sweat starts forming on her head and begins trickling down her trembling face and her neck. She’s clearly distressed.

“... Do you remember the story I told Hudson, Vincent? Of what I did to someone who only asked me for my hand?” Her eyes drift to the ground; unable to bring herself to look at Vincent anymore. “I did worse. I did so much worse... We made a deal. You know the kind us demons do already. I'd give him my hand and become his mistress, and I'd make him rich, satisfied, and happy for as long as he loved me... But I didn't tell him that whenever he didn't love me, his body would... mummify itself... He'd die... Painfully."

Loque's breathing becomes shallower and faster, the sweat dripping off her brow becomes thicker, and she squirms in her seat the more she recounts what she had done to him.

"I tried.... so hard... t-t-to g-get him... to h-hate me... just s-s-so I c-could... w-watch him die... I r-ruined him a-a-among his fr-friends... I d-d-des-stroyed his f-family... I- o-oh gods...I-" Her heart's on the verge of ripping itself free from her chest. Vincent's canteen is bending in her hands. As disgusting as what she did to this man was, she's making no effort to hide just how absolutely disgusted she is with herself. Her eyes snap themselves shut as she forces herself to finish the rest of her confession.

"I led him to my bedroom... I told him, it was going to be 'something special'... He had a wife, that I had abducted, and had placed in there waiting for him..."

Slowly, she bows her head over the table. All the twitching and trembling suddenly stops, and her voice goes quiet enough that Vincent could barely hear what she's muttering underneath the audible pounding of her heart.

"I ATE HER.... I ATE HER ALIVE AND I MADE HIM WATCH... I MADE HIM WATCH... I MADE HIM WATCH..."

It all goes silent. Her heart skips several beats and the pounding stops; visibly too as her chest remains just as motionless as the rest of her. She keeps her head bowed and her face out of sight in pure shame. The held back guilt that'd been building up for decades is finally out now, and she only has one thing to say for herself after finally confessing; a simple question she's hoping to the Gods that Vincent has an answer for. Anything will do.

"...H-How do I come back?" she whispers. "P-Please.... V-Vincent... Please..."

Vincent remained quiet for a few moments, thinking over just what he could say in response. Finally, he thought of something. "...Loque...You're fully capable of redeeming yourself, regardless of your sins...We've met three examples of that down here. Tariun, Xager, and Kassidy. In fact...you're already on your way to doing just that. You're doing good things. You helped us spread Thorgran's good crops among those that needed them. You helped that fallen angel when he needed it most. You've been helping us sway things in the Abyss away from Taranoch and towards actual change." he said. He glanced towards Seriphine and Takato, before continuing. "...People can change, Loque. You're far different now than you were back then, and you can continue to grow into an amazing person...You might even achieve ascendancy like Tariun and Kaizen did."

"...People can change, Loque. You're far different now than you were back then, and you can continue to grow into an amazing person...You might even achieve ascendancy like Tariun and Kaizen did."
Loque looks back at Vincent with her standard weary expression. She still looks miserable and ashamed, but his words haven't gone unnoticed by her. "I... I hope so, Vincent. I'm not a murderer, I'm not a thief, and I'm not a whore! But... after all that's happened... I guess, I just needed something, anything, to make it stop hurting. And I settled on hurting others to fix me... I just want my soul back..."

With this finally off her back, she takes a deep breath and sighs loudly. The road to atonement's going to be very long for someone like her and it might even take her for as long as she lives, but as Vincent's pointed out, she's made some good headway so far. There's that silver lining at least. Though one matter remains, but thankfully something far more innocent and simple. Now would be a good time to get it out of the way however.

"And, Vincent, my name isn't Loque... It's Leakhena. Leakhena Vong, since my mother was originally Redonian. 'Loque' was just something my father called me. He had this bizarre obsession with Escaria, and wanted to give me an Escarian name, much to my mother's annoyance."

---
Meanwhile, in spite of the enchanted aura of the house, there's another mysterious aura emanating from the barn. If Kassidy could just dig deep with her senses, she might be able to feel it in the air and notice how wrong it is. It's definitely nothing benevolent like the house but it's making it obvious she's not alone in the backyard. There's someone or something else here too inside the barn, and the aura it's giving off only hints at it's potential maliciousness.

Last edited:
Takato watched as Vincent did his best to help Loque, sitting her down and allowing her to speak her thoughts and do a 'confession', what he recalled hearing those who follow the church do. The fear he saw in her when she nearly tried to bite his head off, it was as though he could finally hear it vocalized, showing not only fear, but anxiety, worry, remorse, regret, and pain.

Her crimes were, in many ways, unforgivable. But whilst that may be so, if those who committed it are truly remorseful, then should one not help them get through with it? Should she be forced to wallow in her crimes, to never move past them either, crippling every day further? Or should she not be allowed to move past them, not to forget, but to learn, to become better? To do more good than bad over time? Whatever was the right answer, to him, the latter was so. But it made him wonder just how far he had stung her when he spoke so sharply... as sharply as his own shadow did during his slumber...

His mind cast away such thoughts when Loque revealed her true name... now he was more sure than ever. He might not know how someone of the Battambang region looks like, but he has heard how some of their names sound like, and that for sure is one. If Loque caught a glance, she would've noted Takato's eyebrows raising in slight surprise, before returning to normal. Interesting that, under their noses, a third of Redonian origin was present, one who likely had more technical local blood in them than he.

Vincent nodded. "Alright, Leakhena." he said, "...We need to keep going, though. We can't stay here very long. Its likely that Thorgran's guards will be out looking for us...since we might have just killed their master." He glanced to both Takato and Seriphine, giving them both a nod. "Lets go check on the others to see if they're ready to go."

---
Kassidy eyed the barn, focusing to see if there was anything suspicious going on. It was odd that she could sense something in there. This place was supposed to be abandoned. She straightened up, slowly moving over towards the barn as she drew a pistol.

Last edited:
Seriphine didn't know what to say really. In a way the situation was odd; hearing someone else confess their past crimes was both equally disgusting as it was relieving. Funnily enough Seriphine though Loque was being ridiculous- in Seriphine's eyes her own crimes as a warlord were far more terrible than Loque's. If anyone could redeem themselves properly it would be her and not Seriphine.
Despite the nature of the confession Loque's words would only serve to cement Seriphine's loyalty to her. She was a troubled soul and one that she could relate to at that.

Vincent's words were calming and re-assuring with Seriphine not having anything else to say that hadn't already been said. She glanced at Takato briefly to see if the Oni had anything to say before approaching Loque.

"It is an honor to meet you Leakhena," she said while nodding. "I cannot ease your pain or rid you of your troubles. I can and will however stand by you. Remember that."

"I cannot ease your pain or rid you of your troubles. I can and will however stand by you. Remember that."
Leakhena tries forcing a smile towards Seriphine and Vincent. Tries, as she still feels disgusted with herself; not just with her reminiscing about what she's done, but knowing what led her to doing them in the first place. As much as she hates to admit it after having mistreated him, Takato was spot on with his assessment. She really did have a void inside herself that she tried burying with 'material goods', but the reality is so much worse. The many psychological scars left behind by the Abyss were so deep and damaging that she desperately used anything to fill them in with. Alcohol, drugs, food, and other shameful vices have been the only things holding her together for years now. Had she not made the split-second decision to visit her house or even the Abyss itself, she likely would've continued down this vicious cycle of self-harm and desperation until she became everything Hudson said she was; a vicious monster preying on the innocent just like Thorgran. Nothing's going to bring back those she's killed and eaten, but stopping herself now will save many lives in the future, including her own. And while the path to atonement will be long and difficult, killing Thorgran and throwing a wrench into Taranoch's plans is a very good start.

"Thank you..." she says softly. "Thank you, Seriphine, Vincent, Takato..."

She finally stumbles up from her seat to take one last look at the portrait of herself. Maybe, if Vincent's right, just maybe one day she'll look like that again.

"Lets go check on the others to see if they're ready to go."

"Right. Let's go." Before she heads out the door, she picks up her mask off a shelf- Her mask is here. It's smudged with ashes and soot, but it's definitely hers alright. She curiously examines it in her hands before raising an eyebrow at Vincent. "Vincent, you could've told me you had this with you all this time!"

---​
There's nothing unusual about the inside of the barn, other than the fact the door is mysteriously a bit tough to open. With several firm shoves, the rusted lock finally breaks and the doors open. The inside is just as messy as Kassidy expects it to look. There's rusted farming tools scattered around the dirt floor, the stocks are completely empty save for some old plows, buckets, and bones, and above in the second floor attic are a few old barrels and boxes that are falling apart just like the ceiling above them is currently. There's nothing else in here of note but old memories. Yet Kassidy isn't alone. The nigh imperceptible presence in the air feels like it's coming from somewhere in the rafters. Something above looks down on Kassidy, something covered in dark colored sheets making it almost impossible to see until it finally moves to stare her down.

"Good evening, Kassidy." Irin mocks. "Come to experience the Abysses twisted reflection of your homeland?"​

Though he might not have said much at all, Takato was surprised to hear Leakhena thank him; he wasn't sure whether or not the thanks was earned on his part, but if nothing else, it showed that she didn't resent him for the things he said. In response to her thanks, he gave her a soft smile and a bow. He did begin to wonder if he should begin referring to her as Madame Vong now, since it seemed only proper.

However, he felt a cold chill emerge when Leakhena seemingly brought her mask out of nowhere... didn't they leave it back at the ashes of Sekath's palace?... is... isn't that why it's in ashes and soot?... or was he feeling this chill from elsewhere?

Vincent froze, staring at the mask. How the hell did that get here? Unless it was brought here by someone or something else. "...Leakhena ...I didn't bring your mask with us. It was left at the palace." he said, his eyes drifting up towards her face. He then cut a look to Seriphine and Takato. "...We're not alone here. Be prepared to fight." he said, shouldering his rifle as he began to move about the house. Searching for whatever brought the mask to this place. Was it that fallen angel that the beggar angel mentioned?

---
"Good evening, Kassidy. Come to experience the Abysses twisted reflection of your homeland?"
Kassidy frowned the moment she heard the voice. "Hey there, Irin." she said, gripping her pistol tighter in her hand. "Nah, jus' passin' through. You lookin' for somethin'?" She had known Irin since the moment she was first turned into a demon. A bottom feeder of a fallen angel, just in things for the pleasure. Irin would often roam around and offer her services to the Icons, so that she could torture and generally hurt people or demons. She often came around to serve Sekath...quite the hedonist. "...Or are ya lookin' for someone?" she then asked.

"...We're not alone here. Be prepared to fight."
Leakhena screams and tosses the dirty mask off onto a seat nearby, not wanting to even touch the thing a second more just in case it's cursed. Her mind is sent spinning and racing all around the room as her thoughts suck her in like a hurricane. The realization hits her like a train: Irin is here. She's here, somewhere in her own house. She recoils in her spot and stumbles onto a wall to lean on as she can feel her legs going numb, as well as the pain above; the same pain Irin and Karlel inflicted on her.

"Not in my home... Please, not in my home..." she repeats to herself as she shrinks behind Vincent.
---​
"...Or are ya lookin' for someone?"
Irin scoffs at Kassidy for asking such a question. "Of course. The mud here would have no right to touch my feet otherwise." She slides down the ladder leading up to the walkways above, landing a few feet short of Kassidy. "I am here in this filthy peasant's hovel to deliver a centuries overdue sentence to a vicious murderer." Slowly, she unsheathes a glowing flamberge from underneath her cloak. "How would you like to do some good for once and help me catch her?"

The place, the timing, her sudden appearance, and her words make it plainly obvious to Kassidy. She's here to kill Loque, or worse.

Vincent looked about with the others, and came up empty handed. "...They're not here. Lets head back outside. They might still be on the property." he muttered, glancing back to Loque and the others before heading towards the door. Within moments, he was back out in the front yard, looking about. Where else could they hide? Around back? The barn?

---​

"How would you like to do some good for once and help me catch her?"

"You and I have two diff'rent concepts o' good, Irin." responded Kassidy, reaching up and drawing out her other pistol. "I think you should be leavin' now. Not nice ta be trespassin'."

" You and I have two diff'rent concepts o' good, Irin. I think you should be leavin' now. Not nice ta be trespassin'."
Irin gives a short laugh before scowling heavily at Kassidy. "Big talk coming from a little demon like you." Her sword glows brighter as she holds it firm. She sees Kassidy's hand speed upwards. Quickly in response, she raises her own sword to strike and suddenly-
---​
The loud cracks of gunfire come screaming out of the barn as bullets fly past Leakhena. Her head very nearly gets a nice big hole blown into it. "The barn! The barn!" she frantically tugs at Vincent's arm while pointing towards it. With a slap and a click, her rifle is now loaded and ready for a fight. She rushes around the house, rifle raised, silently hoping and praying that it's not Irin that came here; but the silhouette of an enraged cloaked figure flying out of the damaged ceiling of the barn confirmed her worst fears. Leakhena drops her rifle and falls over onto the mud screaming. She's too paralyzed from terror to get back up. All she can do is helplessly look on knowing that these might just be the last seconds of clarity she has until Irin kills her or drags her back to Naraka again.

"I-IRIN!" she screams.

Irin turns to see Leakhena frozen at her presence. "Loque... You're going to wish you stayed in chains." With her sword glowing bright, she points it at Leakhena and unleashes a blast of fire from it, not wanting to waste any more time in killing her.

Having seen this before and knowing how painful it felt, Leakhena flies off the mud and dives behind the only cover there is: her parents tombstones. "N-NO! NO!" They shatter to pieces as the blast hits them, but it leaves Leakhena relatively unscathed and Irin enraged further. Finally snapped out of her terrified stupor, she hastens back up to her feet and grabs her rifle. Irin charges another blast; Leakhena shakily takes aim.

"HELP ME!!"

Vincent snapped about as he heard the gunfire, gazing up at the being that erupted from the roof of the barn. Leakhena fell into the mud before quickly darted for cover, avoiding a fireball that destroyed the tombstones that she was hiding behind. "TAKE OUT THE ANGEL!" he spat, snapping his rifle up and opening fire at Irin. He never thought he'd ever say something like that, but there was a first time for everything, it seemed.

Meanwhile, Kassidy burst out of the barn, blood oozing down her face. She had a deep gash across the side of her face, and the look on her face spoke volumes. She was enraged. "I'M GONNA SHOVE THAT SWORD UP YER ASS!" she spat, taking aim and firing her pistols at the fallen angel above.

---

Thorgran's Territory - Leakhena's Family Farm - Boss Fight
Irin (Fallen Angel, HP = 200)

Irin
Trait #1: Heavenly Blade - Does 3 DMG normally. 6 DMG when striking demons.
Trait #2: Hellish Whip - When struck by the bladed whip, causes 5 DMG, and 3 additional damage over the course of 3 turns.

Last edited:
Gwen was... she wasn't quite sure how to put it, after their experience within Thorgran's kitchen. Dismayed? Disgusted? Weary? Perhaps a combination of all three, mostly owing to the fact that she was covered in sludge and garbage from the worst part of the Abyss... At least, the worst part of the Abyss for that kind of thing. Travelling down the road, whilst she was meant to be on look out, she ended up mostly picking away grime from her cloak. Disgusting...

That was until Loque bolted away from the rest of the group, prompting her to follow, naturally. She tried her best to not interfere, though. Others were better at consolation than she was. Gwen's time was spent mostly staring through the slats of dirty glass between bars of rotten wood that stared out into what passed for a courtyard in the house. Arms crossed. Thinking. If she was ordained by the gods to rule over her land... then how come everything that she had built up was destroyed? Had she lost their favor? Or was this a test? Why would she be given a second chance like she has been? Why would humans be so prevalent over... everything that she had known from back then?

"Leakhana..." The princess spoke up. "It's..." She paused, looking to Leakhana's face, what it had become. "...a pretty name." A weak smile followed, before the group departed to the back of the house.

...Right before the barn was torn asunder by-- something. The surprise threw Gwen to her behind on the back deck, scrambling to grab the rifle from her shoulder. "Just-- what the hell is--"

"TAKE OUT THE ANGEL!"

In utter disbelief for a moment, Gwen looked at... it. "... That's an angel?!" Well, by this point, Gwen had seen angels lapping at the feet of uncaring gods, dejected, pitiable souls in the Abyss, and now looking like they were no better than the monsters that they had been slaying for the past weeks. As Gwen levelled her rifle, perhaps she did receive her answers.

Henderson had found the outhouse after searching for it for a few seconds. It didn't exactly seen like it would fit him, but he would only need it for light business. The mutant whistled as the others were doing whatever they were doing. Something about Loque if he heard right. He didn't exactly pay attention. The whole house smelled of misery and... regret. That was a running theme with the shadow demons when they made their appearance, but would she have a counterpart like that?

Having zipped up after being done, Henderson was finnicking with his belt when the barn just exploded. He raised an eyebrow as he saw whatever creature was responsible.

"Can't a bloke just relieve himself without you devine lot butting your nose in?" He said with an annoyed tone as he ripped the outhouse to toss at the angel.

The sudden emergence of another enemy was accompanied by the all to familiar cacophony of combat. Seriphine been on the verge of telling Leakhena something just as the initial gunshots rang out though now, as she rushed to aid her friends and comrades, the only thoughts on her mind were those of war.

Rushing forth whilst dodging objects and debris Seriphine unleashed a flurry of finely crafted Elven throwing knives at the angel before jumping up with the intention of scaling the building.

Takato followed close behind the others, as they began searching for whomever brought the mask. The cold chill he felt began to manifest itself throughout, as though it was projecting its might... and its rage. It was as though he could feel the fear Leakhena felt, beyond seeing her desolute. After failing to find anyone inside, they headed out and considered where to look next, when gunfire alerted them all.

Takato kept his eye on Leakhena, watching where she headed, before turning to look at the fallen angel. The chill he was feeling was emanating from them, for sure. From where he was standing, he could see Henderson ripping the outhouse off to toss at the angel, giving him an idea. He held his hand towards the outhouse, with the intent of loosely taking control of it - if Henderson were to miss, he could redirect it back at the angel; but if he hit, then he's got broken outhouse pieces to perforate the angel with, using but a single clasp of his hands.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back