• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
"I must go for now...please. Get rid of whatever is in that case. It is starting to smell, and it will only serve to get you killed if you should deliver it."

He then stepped back, giving them a slight bow, before disappearing in the blink of an eye.

"I don't think you should do this, Madame." urges the butler. "This could just be a trick!"

"Meh, probably." she responds, rubbing her chin. "But... it's just so... tempting to have that the great and mighty Velin be forced to eat out of my hand! Think of it! The sweetness of the embarrassment and humiliation she will surely feel when the time comes for her to reward me! This will be a moment the church will never forget!"

"But you'll be cast back into the Abyss!... What if you meet him again?"

She freezes, tightening her fists as she actually ponders that possibility. "...Even better. I will make him beg forgiveness for daring to taste me." Before she could say any more, the scent of the box really is becoming noticeable. It's starting to become absolutely putrid and her butler can't hold it anymore. He has to set it down before he pukes. She nods at him to finally dispose of it somewhere "I'll speak to Velin more about this. In the meantime, dispose of that fucking thing! It's gone rancid!"

As her butler very very reluctantly picks it back up, she storms off to the cathedral on her own.

"And save the gold coins!" she shouts behind her.

Once there, she doesn't even bother knocking and instead just waltzes right inside without a care.

Hudson turns on his heel to fully face the deformed man, adjusting his hat yet again. "it is holy work, but I've never considered myself much of a holy man if that makes sense. I do as I'm told and if I had to lock some of you back up for whatever reason after we're done, I would. I just got my preferences, like anyone does." he explains. "I'd gotten all the variety I needed before joining the Order. Too much of it if you ask me."

"Warchief Uloth Shazgub, yer'a bit small fer'a angel, fig'erd you was a lot more showy sort."

Cassiel smiled. "I prefer to have actual substance instead of ego." He was shorter compared to most of the other angels, really. Especially the archangels, whom were tall and heavily armored. "Now, I'm sure you're wondering why you're here instead of simply dead at the hands of the Daristeinian army." He stepped forward, looking up at the tall orc. "...I wish to offer you a chance to get out of that cage. To do what you do best. Fight. My lady Velin is organizing a mission into the Abyss, and you would be a wonderful addition to assist them." He paused, to let it sink in, before continuing. "In exchange for your help, and should you return, I will push to allow you your freedom along with the freedom of your fellow Orcs in the Highlands to the north."

---
“Yes. Your angel Cassiel sent me.”

Velin nodded. "Good. Its about time he sent me proper warriors." she stated in response. "I am Velin. Goddess of Judgement." She then pointed to a statue of her at the end of the hall, next to four others.

And the, abruptly, in walked someone dressed like a lord while wearing a mask of some sort. Velin instantly knew what she was, simply by the aura she gave off. Demon. "Another demon?!" she said aloud, quickly snapping about to face Loque as she approached. "Did Tariun send you? Or did Cassiel?" she asked, almost spitting it out. Cassiel really was assembling a rag-tag group if he had found a demon to join them.

---​

"Not a holy man, but you joined one of the worst, most fanatical groups on the fucking continent. Some kind of intelligence you have." said Riberta from her cell. "Not the Vigilant Order, noooo. You had to join the Order of Velin. The true crusaders. I'm surprised Velin didn't just shit the lot of them out."

Last edited:
"I just joined whatever group was closest. When it comes to getting in Lady Velin's good graces I find the closer you work with her the better." he explained, head turning back to raise his voice over his own shoulder. "I don't advocate for purging every single vampire or anything like that, but I do work to slay the bastards that threaten innocent people. Some good does come from killing monsters like you."

Senya nodded as soon as the lady introduced herself but only to realize this was Velin, one of the Divine Five in Adonia. But another person came in through the entrance. Senya turned to this mysterious person as Velin identified them as a demon. It was strange but knowing the mission. The Warden observed this so called demon, wondering why they're here for the job.

Henderson scowled as Riberta opened her mouth to butt into the conversation. He tried to get the man's attention.

"Lad, how about you do everyone a favor. Go get the keys, let me out of this cage and put me in the one with her." His head turning slightly to where Riberta's cage was. "I'll give her an eating out no other man has ever managed." A slight sadistic smile formed on his face.

Hudson gave the prisoner a deadpan look that was invisible through his helmet, the wordplay there enough to temporarily rob him of function before he spoke up. "You lot really like to hear me repeat myself. I don't have a key to any of your cells." he said, giving a sigh. "You can consider doing that when Velin lets you all loose. For now it's out of my hands."

"Quite the assortment that is being gathered for the mission, Lady Velin." Venextos remarked as he watched both the Warden and now Loque enter the Cathedral. This will be interesting to see. he thought to himself as he awaited what would happen next.

Inari finally fell silent when the other jail patrons began to chip in with harassment and thoughts. Not as much of a ruckus as she wanted, but it was entertaining enough, and it soon proved... informative. Whoever was the strong woman some cells down sounded rather like another warlord she knew. Assertive, strong, and very insulting. As she considered that for a moment, she realized most of them were like that anyways.

When the man spoke back up, he revealed their apparent mission. A journey into the Abyss, the great Dark Pit and Realm of Torment. Now that... that was almost unbelievable. And from the sound of it, the people down here were to be compatriots in this task.

The man from the other cells was starting to get angry with the other woman it sounded like, and he threatened either a very good time or very bad time for her. Maybe both. From the sound of the woman, she would have bet on her.

"You say irredeemable monsters are needed for this... nightmare journey," Inari finally spoke up, gauging her words. She was still leaned up against the bars and she waved her hands through them.

"I'm no monster, see? Just very pretty human woman. I'm no supposed to be here, this is mistake, see? No werewolf or vampire," she said, gnashing her teeth and pulling her lips to show off her normal incisors. Indeed, she did appear as a normal human woman. Her eyes were uncharacteristically pale blue, almost as if she was near blind, however she clearly was not. They had ensured she couldn't transform as she was more dangerous in her natural kitsune figure than she could be as a human, though that was mainly because of her claws.

"Tell the kami Velin she made mistake with me, I'm just weak innocent woman. I hear you have wife, I too am wife. I have several child." Lets see if he responded to sympathy in anyway, though she doubted that.

Senya crossed her arms, smirking when the demon mentioned this great adventure they were going to have. It seemed like this expedition is meant to pile every able human, demon, vampire, etc combined to find this Inquisitor. No doubt it was going to be an interesting job.

The woman complaining about food spoke up after some time, and Hudson leveled a palm to Henderson as he turned to address her. "Yeah, I did say that. Fact of the matter is that we don't need literal monsters. I'm not exactly a fucking chupacabra, yeah?" he explains, taking a few steps closer to her cell. "Monsters aren't always supernatural, plenty of regular people become monsters every day." He kept speaking, leaning in closer to the bars to look at Inari as she made her believable case about being human. His shoulders shrugged and he returned back to his original posture.

"Velin's the goddess of judgment. She can see a person's sins just by looking at them. Considering we need to be vile sinners to cross the threshold into the Abyss, you can see where she's going with getting us friendly chaps to work for her." Hudson explained in his half dejected, half sarcastic tone. "Do give my regards to your kids, though. I'm sure they miss a fine lady like yourself daily. You teach them to slaughter others like you probably do? Quality time spent, that."

Hudson managed to strike a small nerve with his last line, her grin getting a little wider as one cheek tried to turn into a snarl. Her fault for bringing up her children. She continued to hold her pale, clean hands out. "No blood on these hands, you can see? What make you think I'm sinner? I'm not even of your church. How can I sin to kami I don't follow? Sure normal people can be of sin but what my sin?" It didn't bode particularly well that her lifetime of slaughter did indeed catch the eye of a foreign goddess. She thought she only had to contend with the shrine and natural spirits, and the sleepy kami back home.

"Beside, you look more monster than me. Fire chains. Church warrior.Very friendly," she said, matching his sarcasm.

Another day, another set of assignments for the church done and finished. Takato landed in the vicinity of the cathedral, having finished his work given to him. Having arrived a few days earlier, with an official document by High Inquisitor Weston confirming his reliability and previous connections and work for local branches of the church, with the amount of tasks Velin had given, those at the cathedral were very glad to have someone assist with all their errands and menial work, including Cassiel, who had greeted him wholeheartedly when he arrived.

Takato stretched, doing a bit of shadowboxing to evenly work his body. He sighed satisfactorily, ready to rest and do his next set of meditation for the day. Additionally, he had brought with himself a bottle of 100% whole milk - apparently, according to someone in the cathedral, Cassiel enjoyed such milk. Anything for a friend, he thought, especially one who had received him even more kindly than Weston did, which he certainly wouldn't have expected.

Takato began making his way to the cathedral, intent on giving Cassiel his gift - after all, none have made him feel so 'warm and fuzzy' inside as he did.

"That's why I said to go get the key, you i..." He was interrupted by the sudden outburst by the foreign woman. She really wanted them to believe that she was a human. A slight smell in the air was all he needed to tell that was a poorly thought out lie. She was unlike anything he had ever smelled before. Between human and werewolf, closer to the human side he'd guess. But how close?

"She has a point. How does she know she breaks foreign codes if she has no understanding of them? She's clearly from the middle of some forest." He mocked her attempts of self-defense.

"Some forest better than this smelly continent or brick room," she replied steadily, still staring at Hudson as she replied to Henderson. When they had sliced off her tails, they had burned coal ash and spice against her nose to suffocate and dull her sense of smell. It was coming back but it wasn't as strong as it used to be. Still, she knew she didn't smell of cherry blossoms any more after traveling across the sea, so this man must have had more attuned senses.

He blinked a few times in his helmet, fingers actually adjusting his hat so that the brim was raised higher rather than lower this time. Henderson commented on her terrible lie and he simply shook his head before looking between them. "Unfortunately sinning is rather universal. Doesn't matter what country you hail from, anyone can be a deplorable person to those who don't deserve it." Hudson justifies. "You can project your innocence on to me all you want - but I really don't care for it. And I'm not the one you got to explain anything to." Lazily he lifted his hand up to the ceiling, arm barely moving as he pointed a finger at the musty stonework above. "She is. And sadly the good goddess isn't the kind listening type."

As he brought his arm back down he pointed his thumb at himself, chuckling tiredly. "Glad your toddler understanding of Atracan is able to pick up on and use sarcasm. So allow me to be serious with you for the moment." he said, dropping his arm to his side yet again. "I'm not putting myself above any of you. I know for a fact that I've done terrible things in my past, there's no question that I'll be able to get through those Abyssal doors no problem. Difference is I know the wrong I've done, and I regret it every day of my life. I work for Velin to atone for what I've done, get her forgiveness. Break away from that regret." he trailed off for a moment, looking down at the ground before he straightened up again. "If it takes dying in the Abyss surrounded by the likes of you to make up for my sins, I'll do it without hesitation."

A short jaunt through the city streets later, Gwen came upon the same street that the monument of excess was positioned in the center of. A cozy little courtyard in front of monolithic doors. Perhaps the humans have at least learned something in the period they've developed in. Running across the street, and with a courteous nod to the small congregations outside of the building, she made her way up the stone brick steps. Seemed rather empty. Mustn't be a day of worship, or whatever humans tend to do with these places. Gwenaelle imagined that it'd be rather quiet. A handful of people, maybe.

With no small effort, she pushed and pushed on the door before it would open to her. "...Hal-lo?" She clearly didn't seem like a native speaker of Atracan. Escarian was easy enough to learn-- it'd been rather derivative off of her mother tongue, after all. Atracan? Less much so. Gwen hoped she knew it well enough to get by, since magic, as she's been told... very frowned upon in these parts.

"You claim to not put yourself above any of us, and then do that very thing in your next breath." said Riberta, speaking up from her cell once more. "We all know what we've done. We just choose to either live with it, or pray death comes swiftly." She went silent for a moment, then spoke again. "I am a hybrid of a vampire and an alpha lycan. I am a warlord that has lived since the early days of the Age of Darkness, when demons roamed free across the world. I have slaughtered countless people, pillaged hundreds of villages and kingdoms. I am war manifested in physical form. I know what I've done, urchin. And I've accepted it wholeheartedly."

---
Yeah, Cassiel sent her. "...Very well." said Velin simply, studying the demon as she stood before her. "I'm sure you can guess who I am." She then glanced past the demon, seeing an...elf enter the cathedral. An elf? The dainty race from an era long past? Velin rolled her eyes beneath her helmet. "Come in, elf. Don't just look about like an idiot."

"Fantastic." he said sarcastically, still unfazed by the threats or judgment of what would now be his peers. "Was mainly speaking to the mother of the forest there." Hudson said, gesturing to Inari. "But I'm not above any of you. I'm going to be walking into the Abyss too, would be pretty idiotic to think that I deserve better when our judgments are all the same. I'm just saying that I'm trying to be a better person. Have I succeeded? Fuck if I know."

Inari stared at Hudson as he monologued some dreary words she didn't follow entirely. Something about him being a sinner who knew he did wrong and all that. When the strong woman from the other cell spoke again, Inari perked up a little more and she pointed down that way. Warlord was a word in Atracan she knew well. It was her favorite word after all. And from what this woman said, it sounded like she and Inari had some hobbies in common.

"I want room by warlord, she talk the best. Beside - be better person and sin is all night time and tea cup talk. Only you should judge you. That it. You a very boring man. Tell kami to send more funny people down here."

"What's an innocent mother want to do with a vile warlord that's openly admitted to slaughtering and pillaging?" Hudson said in reply, shaking his head. "Judging yourself for what you've done doesn't work all that well. Not many are willing to be their harshest critic, after all. Good the hybrid is content to continue doing wrong even if she recognizes it."

"Yes, yes. The great and powerful Velin! Slayer of demons, bringer of justice, hammer of judgement, and the might and strength of entire worlds held back only by several millimeters of armor!... I thought you'd be more imposing in person, no offense." she responds sarcastically.

Far down the dungeon hallway two guards appeared. They were guiding, or rather forcing, a third individual down the stairs. Kicking and screaming the third figure appeared to have a blindfold over their head. Elven cursing could be heard as the guards passed by Hudson and the others.

Upon reaching one of the rusted metal doors farther down one of the guards forced the prisoner up against the wall while the other unlocked the door. Before the prisoner could even attempt an escape she was thrown into the cell and, once the guards had retrieved their shackles from her, the door was locked.

A pair of gloved hands grabbed the frame of the small window. Two brown eyes looked out with deep suspicion at Hudson and the others.

As soon as Venextos heard Loque taunt Velin in person, he opted to take a few steps back as to not be in the way of what might come next.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back