• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom (Hunger Games) The Last Mistake

Adrian looked up at the other man, giving him a small smile. "If I was a worker here, I'd definitely do more than acknowledge you." He placed the pen back down, watching it roll across the table slowly.

A small sigh left his lips as he reached over, placing his hand on the other mans. "Promise me you'll stay safe? I may not have much control over my life, but you can. Especially around Snow, that mans mental." He looked Seneca in the eye, trying to look as sincere as possible.

Seneca is looking down at the desk taking a deep breath as he looks round smiling a little bit shaking his head "thank you that means a fair bit to me actually " he cant help but smile as he nods watching the pen.

He only looks up as his hand goes to his own and he looks up at him taking a deep breath as he hears his words and gives a small nod "i promise i will.....try to at least but i think as you have seen that being head gamemaker has never and never will be the most secure job"

Adrian sighed, shaking his head as he leant back against his chair. "Then don't do it." He bit his lip, trying to keep himself from saying more. The last thing he wanted was for someone to overhear and take it out on Seneca instead of him but he was desperate to help. "If things seem like they're... coming to an end, escape. Its not too hard to survive in the forrest, I could give you advice."

He shook his head, looking down at his hands that now rested on his half of the desk. "Sorry, I'm getting carried away. The reality of things are just starting to kick in, I would just like to see you safe."

Senecas head jerks up as he hers his words and he takes a deep breath looking at him "i know i will escape dont worry". He takes a quick glance round and seems to fight with himself for a momment like he is trying to speak but at the same time knows its a bad idea.

"I did try to not do it before and i was caught...ther were....." he seems to have a hard time telling him this his face pale "....there were terrible consequences "

Hearing this news surprised him greatly, his jaw dropped slightly as he listened to what Seneca said. He hadn't expected for the man to already have made an attempt, although it did make sense. "I'm sorry it didn't work out Seneca, the security around here must be wild."

He paused for a second to think. "Well, it must not be the best at the moment since no ones caught me yet." The young man gave him a wink along with his cheeky smile. It was always slightly thrilling sneaking out to have these little meetings, he know he shouldn't but couldn't help himself.

Seneca forces a small smile and says slowly and quieter than normal shaking his head "its fine....it is". he gives a small laugh looking down to hide the tears in his eyes as he smiles weakly and nods "i guess not".

Getting to his feet he smiles and moves over aross the office to a counter on the wall taking a deep breath trying to bring himself together as he says with a deep breath "would you like a drink?"

Adrian sat up, watching as Seneca moved across the room. "O-oh, yes that would be quite nice actually." He gazed over, seeing the many unfamiliar bottles, yet another luxury the districts didn't get the pleasure to enjoy. If memory served him right, he had seen glimpses of similar looking bottles on the train when his mentor and capitol member had been chatting and drinking.

It was always quite intriguing to see all that the Capitol had to offer, he had learned very quickly that things here were amazingly easy. Well, not for people like Seneca, the people who lived in fear even within the Capitol.

Seneca smiles and nods a little bit as he laughs a little bit nodding glancing round at him. Before he turns to look at all the different coulerd bottles on the counter taking a deep breath smiling a little to himself and shaking his head a little bit.

Grabbing one of the bottles from the counter and two glasses he smiles as he moves back over to the desk and sits back down setting the glasses down. Opening the bottle with a small pop he pours out the contents into the two glasses filling them with the dark green liquid and pushing one of them towards him.

Adrian looked at the glass, eyeing it suspiciously. "Strange colour." He picked it up, watching as the liquid swirled in the pretty glass.

He drank it down in one go, trying to hide the disgusted look he gave at the burning sensation that hit his throat. "Mm, delicious." The young man laughed, sliding the glass acoss the table.

Seneca watches him as he looks at the liquid in the glass smiling a little as he nods and laughs softly giving a small nod "yes that i can agree with you on. It is a funny colour you could say im used to it by now though"

Watching as he drinks it he catches the disgusted look on his face and takes a deep breath laughing a little bit nodding with a small smile "takes a while to get used to". He smirks as he downs his glass in one as if it were nothing but water.

Adrian hummed softly, watching Seneca drink it with ease. He poured himself another drink, seeing as it would probably be the last chance he had to do so. The sensation was unpleasant again but not quite as bad. "Why people enjoy this I shall never know." Looking at the cup, he grimaced thinking about the burning liquid.

The boy sighed and leant against the table top, smiling lazily. "I'll miss you when I'm in there. I never had many friends but I'd consider you one." Adrian blamed the drink for his newfound ease but he wouldn't complain, he was thankful that the words were just flowing out of him.

Seneca smiles a little at him as he sets the glass down again and smiles nodding a little bit "well that i will admit it does take a while to get used to....it took me a while too" he laughs as little and looks at the bottle with a small laugh before sighing as he shakes hs head.

"its like most things here throw aside all judgement you have ever had and you will like it but dont and you will always hate it". He looks up surprised by his words feeling slightly taken aback with a small smile he nods "i thank you for that it means a lot to know."

Adrian smiled a bright and genuine smile, something he hadn't done since he last saw his brother before the games. He was thankful he was able to meet someone like Seneca and silently swore to protect the man as best he could. "You're very wise, there's something special about you that more people should see."

A quiet beep disturbed Adrian from his thoughts. His attention was drawn to a flashing notification on one of Seneca's screens. "The interviews." Adrian whispered, not intending to read aloud. The young boy looked up at Seneca expectantly, he had remembered something being mentioned to him at the start of the week but things had been so chaotic he had almost forgotten completely.

Seneca smiles and nods a little bit laughing to himself "thank you....i have never had anyone say that before" the truth is that he has not had anyone say that and it makes him smile. Its odd that the person he will be forced to put into the games against his own will cares.

His eyes flick to the notifaction and he curses under her breath slowly with a small sigh getting to his feet. It had compleatly slipped his mind if he is being honest and he wishes that he had just forgot about it. "yes" he says with a small sigh and a deep breath looking over "its fine i will be there"

Adrian tensed slightly, nodding stiffly. Unsurprisingly, he hadn't had much experience with public speaking. Throughout his youth he had been the quieter sibling, often following his brothers lead or talking to peers only when necessary. It would probably be the main reason for his lack of friends but he enjoyed being alone in the forrest, just him and the trees.

He quickly stood up, following what Seneca had done. Giving him a small smile. "Thank you, I'm so nervous." The boy tried to take deep breaths. willing for his hands to stop shaking. If he was this nervous just thinking about it, he'd hate to imagine what he will be like up on the stage.

Seneca smiles a little trying to reassure him that it will be fine but knowing that he probly cant do much to help the nerves. Knowing how much good it would do to tell him to stop worrying knowing how little affect that always has on him at least when he gets told it.

He watches as he gets up a small smile on his face curving onto his lips. Shaking his head he laughs a little softly "no no dont thank me its alright i know what its like to be so anious" he watches him and smiles nodding "It will be fine i promise"

Adrian began to follow Seneca towards where the interviews were being held, hoping that his mentors wouldn't be too mad at him for disappearing when he probably should have been with them for preparations. He can recall some tips that he was given but there weren't many and most of them had been unhelpful. His mentor was very often cold and quiet, resulting in short snippets of information.

As they approached the big doors that lead to another part of the building, a sudden realisation hit him. "Hey Seneca, What do I wear? Surely they won't want me going up in my training gear." He remembered the chaos of being put in a outfit on his first day and hoped whatever he was being put in wasn't as dramatic as his first one.

Seneca smiles and gives a small nod before he turns and walks towards the door taking a deep breath as he reaches out and grabs the handel pulling it open and walking out. He holds the door waiting until he is out before starting to walk down the corridor towards where the interveiws will be held. Looking round there is a slight anxious feel in his stomach for once and he hates it not knowing why he has it.

Hearing his words he stops for a momment and turns round to look at him with a small smile shaking his head a little "its alright dont worry you will have your prep team waiting there and they will have something for you to wear"

Adrian looked around as they walked down the corridor, noticing the area bustling with activity. He'd almost forgotten some of the outrageous clothes that capitol members wore but seeing so many mentors walking about reminded him just how wild the fashion was.

He was a bit apprehensive when he heard there would be a whole team, knowing it probably meant that a lot was to be done. "Lets hope no wigs are involved." He laughed softly, trying to appear friendly as they approached the group of people who were quite clearly waiting on his arrival.

Seneca smiles and nods with a small shake of his head as he hears his words and cant help but agree "well i hope so too" he glances round with a small nod at him as they atsrt to walk towards all the others. That are dressed up in the strangest clothes. They allto be honest look like over dressed up colourful birds and in the way that they all act as well.

AS he starts to move through the crowd of all the mentors and prep teams he sighs a little there is so many and without a dought that most of them were not needed its all a bit much. He hardly has a moment to breath before his own team are hurrying over to him and making remarks of horror at how pale he is and the circles under his eyes.

Adrian was nervous when he was suddenly sperated from Seneca, but was instantly calmed when he saw the kind smile on the other mans face. He seemed to be like Seneca in a way, his clothes were very nice but not overly dramatic. This gave him hope that he too would be wearing something more tame. He listened intently as the kind man explained the outfit 'Rustic, rugged and handsome' as he had described it.

Usually his district would be dressed up in some extravagant paper made outfit but now he was adorned in a suit that reminded him very much of the forrest. Greens and browns made up in a beautiful suit, the most being done was some styling to his hair. He gave a grateful smile to the man and thanked him greatly. He was then promptly lined up with the other tributes, he had yet to catch sight of Seneca again and figured he wouldn't untill later.

Seneca smiles a little as he makes his own way past them all and over to his own prep team who are all stressing over him. How pale he is and how much the circles under his eyes have darkened now. Shaking his head a little it is all noise to him annoyance he has more important things to worry about. And to be honest how he looks is the least of his what feels like endless amount of worries to be concerned with.

He is dressed as usal in his outfit of black of red this time with a hansom black suit jacket over the top. Looking round he lets himself be led of down a corridor his prep team scurrying around him like over exited mice , Adding touches of makeup under his eyes to hide the circles and making his face have more colour. In general make him look more healthier in full. They reach a set of stairs and thats where his prep team leave him. He climbs them and finds himself in a box to the side of the stairs where the rest of the gamemakers are all sitting talking. It is where he will be sitting until the end of the interviews when he will be called down to answer questions.

Adrian felt suddenly thankful for the gross drink Seneca gave him earlier, knowing that he would have been much more anxious by now. There was a large screen that allowed the tributes to watch as the show began, Caesar Flickerman's voice filling the room. They all watched as the first tribute made her way to the stage,

Adrian listened to the questions that they were being asked, trying to practice what he would respond if it were him. All too soon he reached the front of the line, he took a deep breath and walked up onto the stage. The lights were blinding and the sounds where almost overwhelming. Adrian tried his hardest to remain unaffected, flashing his smile at the other man and accepting his handshake. He settled into the seat, seeming relaxed and in his element even though he was silently freaking out on the inside.

Seneca takes a small moment to look round at all the other gamemakers that are there. They are all laughing talking and sitting arround its clear that they see this as fun and as nothing more as a stupid game that gives them all entertainment and makes it fun. When for him it could easily ruin everything he lives in fear knowing that one slight wrong move he did could cost him everything that he has.

Shaking his head a little bit he moves down through the rows of chairs and sits down in his that is right at the front in the front row so he sill have a great view of the stage. Leaning forward a little but not too much so that he dosent look not smart. He starts to watch as the tributes come out onto the stage one by one. Taking perticulay interest and watching carefuly as he sees Adrian walk out taking his seat and shaking the hand at the other man.

Caesar was a very jovial and upbeat man, he probably had to be as a presenter. Adrian felt slightly overwhelmed at the amount of energy he had, especially after having so many interviews already. He was given a short introduction before the questions began.

It began simple enough. "So tell us about your special skills, District seven have a past of axes will we be seeing anything more unique?" Adrian hesitated a moment, his main skill was axe throwing but his mentors have warned him against revealing his special skill yet. He threw caution to the wind, figuring that people were expecting him to be extremely boring and he had no chance with sponsors unless he mentioned it. "Well, I must say my main skill is axe throwing but hey what do you expect we have nothing but trees to practice with." He let out a small laugh, hoping to relieve some of his own tension. "But I will let you in on a secret." Adrian said playfully leaning closer to Caesar, earning curious noises from the crowd. "Oh! Do tell, don't leave us in suspense."Adrian smiled kindly and went on to explain his skills in climbing, going into detail about bring able to throw accurately from an upside-down position.

Adrian felt more at ease as the interview continued, joking around and bantering with the host. "Now" Caesar suddenly said, a sombre look coming to his face as he leant closer. "Many people may find you familiar, and that would be because we once sat here with a boy who looked awfully like yourself."A pit formed in Adrians stomach, he thought he would be able to get through without mention of his brother. "That would be correct." He said uneasily, a frown slowly forming on his face. Caesar went on to describe his brother and his time at the games, ending with a question about how Adrian thinks his brother would have responded had he still been here. "He always was the more outgoing brother but he always took me along for the ride, he was my best and only friend. I'm sure he would just want me to survive, Maybe try make me gain a friend." He joked at the end, trying to lift the heavy air that rested around him. The rom exploded in giggles and cheers, Caesar quickly wrapping the show up and hugging the taller boy. Adrian was quickly greeted by his team off stage, some coming to hug him but he was too in a daze to realise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back