• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom (Hunger Games) The Last Mistake

Seneca looks at him and gives a small nod as he takes a deep breath and smiles bringing something up on the screen infront of him on the desk smiling a little bit "well i am glad that you agree with me".

Taking a deep breath he nods hearing his words and smiles more laughing a little quietly "no i wont of course not. I know to be honest i dont blame you sometimes that thought does come into my head that why dosent someone rebel. But as you have said it would be verry hard and lots of us have families and people at stake here."

Adrian bit his lip and looked around the room, wondering how hard it is to be a gamemaker. The technology of the capitol was on a complete different level from anything he had ever used, the screens that Seneca used were quite impressive and were quite like the ones they used to stream the games throughout districts.

He looked over at the screen, wondering what was happening. "I bet it would be easier than we think, a revolution or just to escape." A small sigh escaped his lips. "Well I shouldn't talk of such fantasies, would only give me false hope for a future I won't have. Speaking of my short future, when have I to meet with that guy for the interview prep." Adrian tried to smile up at Seneca from his place, leaning on the desk.

Seneca looks over at him and smiles weakly as he flicks his hand across the screen with a deep breath bringing up a timetable clearly his that every slot is filled with something that makes him sigh it goes from abouthalf six in the morning to half eleven / twelve at night." i think so to but......" he sighs looking up deciding to admit so something "i tried to once....." he says quietly.

As he looks up hearing what he says makes him smile a little bit and nods taking a deep breath "you will when you do the interveiw i am waiting to get the script from him and then i can give it to you. It will just be the sorta thing about what you think of the capitol....you may have to lie...." he laughs weakly and takes a deep breath glancing round with a small sigh running his hand through his hair thinking.

Adrian felt exhausted just seeing Cranes schedule, it looked as though the man barely had space to breathe. Well, he doubted the Capitol would care if he dropped down with fatigue as long as he finished the tasks before he did so.

Hearing what Seneca said, he laughed loudly. "Yes well, a lot of lying will be needed. Although, I could speak for half an hour about how great the showers are. Man, I wanted to stay in there all day I've never felt so clean." He smiled widely and sighed in delight, it was vastly different from the large metal tub he had to use back at home.

Seneca takes a deep breath and looks up to see him watching making him take a deep breath and lagh a little bit "i have had worse belive me" he says with a sigh "but it does really get verry tiresom most of the time"

Smiling weakly he laughs and nods with a small grin "that could work you know" he says with a small laugh and nods "it does take a while to get used to them when you come from the districts i have heard i suppose i wouldent know i have never left the capitol before" he smiles and looks over at him

Adrian tried to give him a weak smile, but the thought that he had endured worse unsettled him. No man or woman should ever have to deal with that daily. "I'm sure."

He nodded his head and hummed quietly. "Well, if I ever run out of things to say I'll be sure to mention it." It wouldn't surprise him if they had no idea what they had to live like. "Its quite unpleasant, especially since I'm quite tall. Standard size metal tub doesnt quite fit a full grown man well." He tried to laugh about it but memories of home came with a melancholic feeling.

Seneca gives a small nod and sighs a little bit "others think that it is fun to be me but truly to be honest its not really there is so much work involved and stress as you have seen"

He looks up at him and takes a deep breath smiling weakly as he glances round before checking his watch "i cant see any harm from comming from that it will inprove things maybe people deserve to know what you have to face and how unfair it is truly". Looking up he gives a small smile and glances round the room shaking his head.

Adrian snorted and looked over at the other man. "Trust me, I dont think anyone outside the capitol wants your job."

He noticed Seneca looking again at his watch, he couldnt help but worry that he was holding the other back. "You must be really busy and the rankings are tomorrow. I should probably leave you be for now and go get some rest. Promise me you'll eat yeah?"

Seneca laughs at this and nods with a small smile nodding "yea i dont think they do"

he smiles a little bit and looks at him with a small smile his head is hurting less and feels clearer than before now that makes him smile as he gives a small smile and slowly gets to his feet heart racing doing it slowly as not to hurt himself "okay thank you. i promise i will"

Adrian stands and smiles, feeling slightly relieved in the knowledge that Seneca has promised. "Have a good night Seneca." He bowed his head slightly and headed out the room.

Before long, he arrived back at his room. Thankfully, being in district 7 mean he didnt have to travel up too many floors. Which was a blessing when you werent quite used to using elevators yet. He debated whether it would be strange to take another shower, but ultimately he didnt care so he had a quick one before readying himself for bed. The days exhaustion finally caught up to his tired and sore muscles as he lay in the giant, soft bed. He knew that despite the late time, Seneca would be out doing goodness knows what In preparation for the games.

Seneca takes a deep breath and looks round giving a small nod smiling back at him as he stands up glancing at the clock on the wall "you to". Taking a momment to look round he looks down at the table and checks his schedule again with a small sigh and nods to himself before taking a deep breath seeming to ready himself again before heading to the door and opening it walking out down the corridor to start what felt like his endless list of tasks for the night.

He returns to his office hours later feeling so exhausted he gathers up some of his things thinking about that day. he had just finished a string of at least five different verry long meetings in a row after the interview with ceasor. And then after that he had to work on the tributes scores that had taken even longer. Looking at the clock he takes a deepp breath it is nearly half three in the morning and his head is aching. Walking out of the office he heads to the room allocated to him in the building knowing that he wont have much sleep he takes a deep breath as he lays slowly down his whole body aching.

Adrian was awoken early by his mentor, the sunrise was still visible from the large windows that lined his bedroom wall. He smiled softly and stretched, quickly throwing on his outfit for today.

The young man made his way to the training room, wanting to keep distracted from the upcoming scoring. He knew his skills werent all that impressive, and the scores he would get could decide whether or not he got any sponsors.

Seneca wakes up only a few hours later and spends the next few hours doing the regular that he does and plannig for the games in what feels like endless meetings and plans being thrown at him for the games.

Almost as soon as he is done that he gets up and heads to the box that overviews the training center wanting to try and find some peace away from all the stress knowing that it wont be a great place but still it wouldent be as busy.

Adrian sighed as he sat on the bench, watching two other tributes training. Time had went so fast, he hadnt realised how close the games were. He'd enjoyed being in the capitol so far, especially the time he spent with Seneca.

There was something different about him, and the little time he spent with him had made him happy. A small smile formed on his face, although he quickly coughed to cover it up when the district 2 tribute glared his way.

They were lead out of the training rooms around 10am, being told to wait until their district was called. Time seemed to pass slowly. Eventually, Adrian was called into the room. He took a shaky breath and walked into the training centre, trying to avoid looking up at the big area filled with the gamemakers.

Seneca reaches the door to the room and takes a deep breath walking inside as he opens the door taking a deep breath and forcing a smile onto his face looking round at the other gamemakers as they greet him. Moving over to a chair at the front he smiles weakly and sits down.

He watches all the tributes as they start to practise there skills and then watches as they are all lead away taking a deep breath as one by one they start to come back in each individually showing off whatever skill they may have. To the best of there ability he trys to stay focused as he takes a deep breath. His thoughts only being brought back when he looks down sitting at the front a glass in his hand as he sips it now seeing Adrian walk in and sighs more.

Adrian stood in the middle, trying to remain as confident as possible. His eyes scanned the group of people, smiling at them. "Adrian Farewell, District 7." He walked over and grabbed an axe, trying to ignore the loud talking coming from the booth. His grip slipped for a moment but he caught it and firmly grasped the handle. He threw the axe at multiple targets, some moving, hitting each of them perfectly.

At the end he sighed softly in relief, doing better than he had expected. He turned to look at the gamemakers, noting that hardly any were paying attention. Determined, he grabbed the last axe, holding it between his teeth and climbing up the top of the rope. He hung upside down by his leg, and threw the axe with one hand, hitting the target square in the chest.

Adrian walked back into the centre, bowing slightly before walking back out the room. He leant agaisnt the wall, feeling an intense amount if relief from it being over.

Seneca looks out over the center with a small sigh as he looks round with a deep breath. trying to calm himself he feels exhausted after all he had hardly any sleep last night ithad been filled with dreams of the games and strange thoughts and things that make no sense at all that had confused him even more. And he had woken startled confused and most of all he had been exhausted.

Looking over as he watches him move over to the axe he keeps his eyes on him watching him show off his skills. It makes him smile he is good and it makes his hope the little hope that he has had grow after all he does seem to have some skills and definetly a chance after all of winning. Yes the others may be stronger but they have no idea how to fend for themselves and move in a pack like formation.

Watching as he finishes he gives a small nod smiling and watches as he walks out after bowing.

After the training, he returned back to his apartment. He took a shower, wanting to spend as much time alone as possible. Checking the time he noticed it was almost time for the scores to be announced.

He could already hear the noise coming from the large screen, the hosts gossiping about each of the tributes and who they thought were particularly interesting. Everyone in the room grew quiet as they began to announce scores. Adrian tried to pay attention to the scores, knowing itll be useful information when the games come round. The girl from his district received a very respectable 7, which he of course congratulated her for. The group became quiet again when Adrian's name was announced.

Seneca gets up and takes a deep breath watching as the rest of them present themselves even though he loses his focus a little bit starting to look round as he sips the drink in his hand a little more and sighs.

Taking a deep breath as the last one ;eaves he turns round in his chair and starts to talk with the other gamemakers about all the others and what scores to give them after all it would be important and needs to be done by that night. He isent really paying attention until he hears Adrian's name and looks up to see everyone looking at him as one speaks "so what you think". Rubbing his temple he gets up and nods slowly taking a deep breath knowing he will probly regret this but takes a deep breath and speaks "give him a nine"

Adrian smiled largely, a huge weight felt as thought it had been lifted from his shoulders. The score was higher than he had expected, he was hoping for a 7 or perhaps an 8 but this was better than that. Now the other tributes would take him seriously, or so he hoped. Tributes with higher scores usually did well in the games which made him very optimistic.

The group celebrated over their meal, everyone trying to be as joyous as they could. Their scores were far from the highest, but they were good enough that it gave them an ounce of hope. Once they had finished, Adrian excused himself and travelled down the corridors. He approached the familiar door and hesitated for a moment, his hand resting against the smooth material of it. Softly, the young man knocked on Senecas door, hoping that he would be inside.

Seneca smiles and shakes his head a little bit as he gets to his feet with a small intake of breath glancing round at the others nodding at them as they look at him saying a little quieter than normal with a sigh "excuse me" . And he walks from the room smiling a little bit down the hall.

Reaching his office he moves over sitting down at the desk shaking his head as he pulls some papers towards him starting to work on them lost in thought. He dosent even notice the time as it slowly slips by until hearing the knock on the door jumping a little and looking up with a frown calling "come in"

Adrian cracked the door open, putting his head through the door and smiling. "Hey there, been busy?"He asked looking over at the piles of work over the desk.

A blush crept on his face when he realised he was probably in the middle of something important. "Sorry I'm probably interrupting but um I just wanted to say I got a 9, we were all pretty excited." The young man smiled brightly, moving to sit in front of the desk

Seneca looks up and his lips curve into a small smile as he sees him there nodding a little bit glancing at the papers saying in a joking voice "yep just a bit".

Laughing a little bit he brings the papers together picking them up and sliding them into a drawer in the desk smiling as he shuts it again and looks up at him. "i know. Well im glad you are pleased i thought that you deserved it with that ammount of skill you have after all. It will come in handy in the games"

Adrian felt his smile slowly growing at the praise he received from Seneca. He leant down against the desk and sighed softly. "You know, I'm glad I was able to talk to you during this time. I've never really had many friends and my mentors arent the nicest to talk to."

The boy distractedly played with a pen that was resting on the table. "Being around you is a nice distraction from the games, Ironic though because you are the head gamemaker after all." He let out a weak laugh, suddenly feeling the strain of how little time was left.

Seneca looks up at him taking a deep breath as he looks up at him watching his face trying to figure out his emotions. Nodding a little bit understanding that this will be ths time where if he is at all would start to feel anxious and possibly scared.

"thats okay....and to be honest its been nice to talk to you to....after all you have been a distraction from the games for me to..." he laughs quietly " after all not many arround here acknowledge me....out of choice...."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back