• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom (Hunger Games) The Last Mistake

Seneca watches the show with a small smile as he sees and hears his answers. It makes him feel slightly uneasy like maybe they shouldn't have prodded so deep into all the facts about his brother after all that could be such a touching subject. He knows what that is like to be asked about someone you have lost and have it rubbed in your face and all the details broadcasted across everywhere. All the things that you know and they know hurt you dragged up and out shown of to the world. And then they would make it all into some sorta of show to prove almost that he had survived it but what was it to survive when the capitol had been the ones that caused it all. It was all there fault what had happend but still he knows that he is trapped in this land of lies unable to do anything about it.

This thought makes a hot surge of anger course through him making a knot form in the pit of his stomach. His fists curl and his nails dig hard into the palms of his hands making it hurt a little bit he must control this. The last time he got into trouble for it. Getting to his feet he decides what he is going to do and walks back down the middle down the steps heading to the side of the stage. He looks round for him with a small sigh.

Thankfully, his stylist from earlier was quick to find a solution. He was lead to a chair and forced to drink from a bottle of water. The boy began to feel normal again and smiled gratefully at the black haired man, knowing his team was slightly useless at most things.

He vaguely noticed that the girl from his district was no where to be seen, assuming she was currently on the stage. Honestly, the boy just wished Seneca had been there knowing his calming presence would be of great help at this moment.

Seneca starts to look through the crowd that is all arround all the prep teams and stylists watching there tributes if not on stage arround and waiting in the wings to go on or watching the screens that line the walls showing the current interveiw that is happening. Shaking his head a little bit he starts to feel bad for not warning him that there would be awkward questions and the fact he would have to talk about his brother. They would all want to know the facts after all they are all stupid like that.

He spots him and takes a deep breath standing still for a moment his mind frozen. On one hand he knows that he should go over and try to help but on the other he may be mad at him for not warning him about the questions. Shaking his head he makes up his mind and moves over to where he sits smiling a little "you did good. Im sorry i didn't relise they would say that i should have warned you"

Adrian snapped his head up when he heard the familiar voice, his eyes softening upon looking at the other man. A small sigh left his lips as he shook his head. "Thank you but I really should have expected it, I guess I just wasn't prepared for it especially with how lighthearted the rest of it was."

The young man smiled kindly at Seneca, being left by the others as his district partner left her interview. He softly pat the seat next to him as invitation. "You've helped me so much already, I just hope I didn't mess anything up with my interview." His mind drifted back to the other interviews, some tributes doing far better than others.

Seneca laughs a little bit but still smiles moving over to sit down beside him with a small sigh shaking his head . "how were you to know that they would ask its my fault i should have guessed and at least warned you about it so im sorry." he says a little quietly taking a deep breath as he glances round to look at all the others that are standing arround or looking at the many screens arround the place.

He sinks into the seat with a small sigh shaking his head as he looks over with a small laugh "well im glad that i would help at least a bit its what i hoped and im verry glad. Dont worry you diddnt mess anything up i was watching"

The boy perked up slightly upon hearing this, a shy smile spreading across his face. "Nice to know you're always there watching over me". He playfully nudged the other man, referring to the fact that as head gamemaker Seneca would be watching him in the games.

The realisation hit him hard and fast, causing him to tense slightly. With the interviews happening today that was a signal that in two days he would probably be seeing Crane for the last time as he headed for the games.

Seneca gives a small smile as he looks over laughing a little bit as he shakes his head with a small sigh laughing "yes sadly i will be". He looks at him knowing verey well that he will get the slight tone in his voice and what it means. After all he would like if it was up to him to never have to be in charge again and not be forced over and over to watch childerens deaths who had done nothing wrong and dont deserve it. All that had happend was there name be put in a bowl with hundreds of others.

The man sees him tense a little and frowns a little bit taking a deep breath and siging slowly with a small shake of his head. He hesitates a little bit before asking trying to keep his tone as kind as possible "how are you feeling about it all i mean"?

Adrian looked up, noticing the other man frowning. "Hey, none of that I'll be okay." Honestly he knew that was a lie, he had been trying to ignore the days to come knowing there was no way to prolong his time away from the inevitable. By this time next week he could be dead, his parents mourning another child and Seneca being left in this cruel place.

The young man tried not to show too much pain in his face, willing his voice to remain calm. "I'm nervous, of course who isn't. I know I have slim chances but I dare to hope I will make it back. Although, I fear if I return I won't return as myself, I'll return as a murderer." He sighed softly patting Seneca on the leg. "At least I made a friend, my brother would be proud I made at least one before I join him". A small laugh left his lips although his smile didn't quit meet his eyes. "You know, if I make it out of there the first thing I do will be to get you out of here."

Seneca smiles a little and forces a small laugh letting the frown fall from his face as he gives a small nod looking at him and taking in the look on his face and in his eyes although he hardly needs to. Shaking his head a little he can tell without doing so that he is lying about that after all why wouldent he. The chances of surviving are so slim and also what you have to do to get to that vicory is even worse.

Taking a deep breath he speaks slowly with a small nod of his head deciding to be honest as he always trys to be "yes i will not deny that that is true the chances are slim and i would be worried if you were not worried. But i think you can infact i know you can win you are a lot stronger and more tactical than lots of them and that....that is a really good thing belive me." Taking a deep breath he is shocked at his next words but frowns "you would?"

Adrian smiled softly at the kind words, that had been the most encouraging thing anyone had said to him this entire time. "well yes a few of those muscle heads are quite dim. I should be able to outsmart them easily however in combat we're almost equal."

Adrian's smile grew slightly. "If I win for the brief amount of time until the next games, I'll have some influence. I'm sure they'd let me and I'd have money to hide us if need be." He gave the other man a mischievous smile. "Besides they cant kill their victor can they?"

Seneca smiles as he laughs a little bit hearing his words making him smile. He has a good point and is right the others some of them at least are fairly dumb and wouldent know how to get food on there own that is certanly the case with the career tributes. He has learned a lot in the three years he has been head gamemakers about what most districts are good at what others are not what sorta patterns always arise. Or allies are formed.

"yes they most certinaly are i would know i have sussed out and seen most of the patterns that happen in the games ." He smiles more nodding a little bit feeling a bit more happy "thank you and im sure you will win"

Adrian smiled softly, beginning to feel ever so slightly reassured about the games. He figured that he should take these remaining days and do some strategic thinking. He'd already spent so long trying to ignore the inevitable, that he probably was further behind on planning than most others.

"I will try my hardest but also dont give me any special treatment, I need you alive when I get back." His attention was drawn away from the other man when he heard the sounds of his mentors returning, probably to take him back to his room.

Seneca smiles a little and nods slowly with a deep breath as he looks over at him thinking of what to say next as he smiles a little bit "i know you will do great in the games just if ou can try and make some sort of plan for the games of strategy. Even the simplest one and the one with the least detail is bound to be loads better and a lot more useful than not having one at all if you know what i mean. He smiles a little bit shaking his head slowly "im sorry i dont mean to sound as though i am being too annoying and pressuring you to make a plan you dont if you dont want to."

Smiling a little bit as his next words he nods his head slowly with a deep breath "you have my word that i wont as long as ihave yours that you will try your hardest after all.". He looks up as he hears the sounds of the others returning and nods taking a deep breath going to get to his feet.

Adrian listened carefully to his advice, it wasnt like many tributes got advice straight from a gamemaker. He nodded excitedly feeling greatful for Senecas help. "I'll try my hardest I promise."

He stood, sighing slightly as he was motioned over to the small group as they walked past. "I hope to see you tomorrow." With a small wave, he left Seneca and joined his district, trying to pay attention to his mentors.

Seneca smiles and nods a little bit taking a deep breath as he watches him "well i am glad to hear it" and in truth he really is. He knows that he can win and if anyone should win knows that it should be him of all people it wouldent be fair if he died in the games then what would happen to his family. That wouldent be fair on them and he does seem the nicest out of all of the other tributes.

Smiling he gives a small nod at him and a small wave as he gets up "i hope so to". He slowly gets to his feet watching him move over to the rest of his district and shakes his head a little bit before walking off.

Once he returned to their floor with the others, they were given a run down of their interviews. Adrian was happy to learn that his mentors thought he did well and were confident for his chances of getting sponsored. A small part of him felt bad for his fellow tribute, her not having such good reports back from them.

He took Senecas advice and took the extra time to speak with his mentors, trying to create a plan. By time he reached his room he all but collapsed into bed falling asleep instantly.

Seneca sighs a little and looks round where he is having another interview soon thinking it best to wait arroung by the stage with a small sigh. Watching as it empties of people slowly all the tributes going back to there floors and talking with there mentors and seeing how all the interviews went and what could be done better.

It was one of the great nights that he actually managed to get to his room only a hour or so later walking in he lays down. His head feeling a little clearer than it had before as he smailes shking his head and falling asleep.

Adrian was awoken earlier than usual, the sunlight beginning to stream through the windows. Today was the final day before they would leave for the games. He had no idea where they would be going, he was hugely hoping for a forest type area.

When he arrived in the training area he was the first one there. The young man hadnt even bothered to check the time before he left his room so he assumed most people were getting as much sleep as they could before tomorrow. He began practicing his foraging skills, trying not to be distracted by the thought of how busy Seneca must be today.

Seneca wakes up early with the band on his wrist bleeping making him sigh a little bit as he drags himself up out of the bed with a small sigh rubbing his eyes although still feeling kinda okay. After all he had got a fair ammount of sleep more than he usaly would.

Having a quick shower he dressed feeling a bit more refreshed as he moves to the door heading back to his office as he is needed and walking in sitting down at the desk. He starts to work on plans written down on peices of paper sighing a little

As time passed, Adrian hardly noticed the room filling. He decided around midday that he would look for Seneca. The other tributes have been giving him looks since they arrived , yet none of them came to offer an alliance.

The young man made his way down the familiar corridor, smiling when he saw Senecas door. He knocked softly, not wanting to disturb his work.

Seneca works on the papers with a small sigh knowing that he should have worked on them before now after all they are a little bit importaint and he dosesnt want to ruin everything that would be a great way for him to confirm his death sentence.

Looking up a while later not knowing how much time has passed as he hears a knock on the door and sight glad of a excuse to stop calling "come in"

Adrian opened the door, smiling softly at the other man. He was surrounded in things that looked very important and very frustrating. "Got time for a break?"

He made his way into the room without waiting for a response, knowing it was unlikely he would get told to leave. "Does everyone get this busy the day before the games?" The boy settled himself down on the chair across from Seneca, peering curiously at the work he was doing.

Seneca takes a dep breath and looks up at him a small smile curling onto his lips as he laughs a little bit nodding slowly "yes i most certainly do". He laughs a little cause ther truth is that he kinda dosent but at the same time needs one so guessing that counts and knowing that his head probly cant take much more, He docides to take a break, After all how much damage could it cause.

Watching as he moves over sitting down he smiles at him a little taking a deep breath shaking his head a little bit as he thinks what to say to his question before nodding "yes it does always get this busy. There seems to be a last minute rush to get things all perfected....its sick in my opinion..."

Adrian stretched out his aching muscles, relaxing in the chair. "Everything about the capitol is sick. Especially Snow, he enjoys it too much" His face betrayed him and showed a look of disdain.

He sighed softly, smiling at Seneca. "I'm glad someone like you is here to lighten the load for us folk. Itll be a shame for the others when I whisk you away."

Seneca smiles a little bit as he nods watching with a deep breath moving his hand to run it through his hair with a small sigh looking round as he slowly leans back in the chair relaxing a little bit as he looks at him. Smiling a little bit he looks at him taking in the look on his face and seeing his disdain shaking his head slowly. He cant help but feel so bad like there is something that he should be able to do to help him get out of this. Like he had said he did and does not deserve this no one does if he is compleatly honest.

"your right i agree more about that. Lots in the capitol are sick they love it all and find it so fun to watch you should really see how exited they all get, It really is disgusting." shaking his head as he looks at him he decides to speak his mind with a small sigh "is there anything i can do to help?" he asks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back