• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom (Hunger Games) The Last Mistake

The words made him sit up straighter. Help? If Seneca were to help it would put him in danger, but it would also mean Adrian had more chance of surviving and getting Seneca away from here.

A small smile formed and he shook his head with a gentle laugh. "I couldn't ask that of you, as much as I'd like to. Please your life shouldnt be put in danger because of me." He leant forward agaisnt the desk smirking slightly. "Although, if the location happened to be a forest with lots of trees I wouldn't complain."

Seneca smiles a little as he looks at him with a small sigh shaking his head as thought race through his head. He does wnat to help he deserves it and if he could help in any way it would help and give him a much better chance, It dosent have to necessarily be a ovious bit of help it could .

Hearing his words he gives a small smile and nods with a deep breath laughing a little bit unable to help a small grin appear on his face "dont worry i think you will love the arena and find it verry useful to you. dont worry about me i think snow has taken everything he ever could from me"

Adrian sighed in relief upon hearing the news, most of his plans had relied heavily on a forest area which would let him use all of his strongest skills. "That's great to hear, I should be well prepared."

He leant forward, placing his hand on the other mans. "Hey, no matter what he took from you we cant let him win."

Seneca gives a small nod as he looks at him "it took a while to get it changed but i think we got it sorted it after all. it was going to a be a hot desert but i thought that that wouldent do. and after all....the terrain was sorta similar to last year and i relised that it was probly a bit to similar the one beforehand. That could have cost me so its for the best anyway" he says with a small smile.

Looking at him he takes a deep breath sighing a little a slight tone in his voice but not aimed at him as he next speaks "your right. But what he did i will never forgive him for it"

Adrian nodded pensively, wondering about just how much work went into setting up an arena. No one really knew if the arena was man made or natural seeing as it was very realistic but the amount of cameras may be an indicator that it was all created and probably took a lot of money to create. Money that would be better spent helping the poorer districts.

The boy laughed softly, shaking his head at him. "No need to forgive when you can get revenge. Be it by living your life or ending his. Preferably both." He added with a scowl, the closer the games got the more real it felt and the more pain he felt for his brothers death, for his parents who would have to watch him see the same fate soon.

Seneca takes a deep breath as he looks at him giving a small nod almost seeming able to read his mind saying with a small sigh"its always been mad round here when there is another games to plan. We have to start planning them years in advance and all that after all they take ages to build and place all the cameras. But still that is not to say that they cant be moved and edited a bit".

Laughing a little bit he nods and looks round the office taking a deep slow breath "i suppose that you are right on that point. I should be able to but what sorta life could i have lived here anyway always burdened by the horror of what we are all expected to do here"

The young man huffed, crossing his arms on the desk and leant his head on them. "I wish for a day in the future where no one else should feel these burdens. Even if I may not be there to see it, people deserve to be happy." He had to refrain from finishing that sentence, 'you deserve to be happy' went unsaid in his mind.

Adrian gazed up at the man with a small smile. "Got any more of that gross green drink?" It seemed as though both of them needed to relax, no doubt Seneca looked exhausted as usual.

Taking a deep breath seneca sighs and looks over at him as he puts his head down on the desk. To be honest he kinda wishes that he could do the same , he has been working so hard latly and the one day that he got a bit more sleep and started to feel a bit later. That had all been erased as well as all the progress that he had made to try and get better. It was annoying he wished that he could just relax and try and have a sorta normal life, Whatever that was anymore.

Looking down at him he has to shake himself a little bit to bring himself up out of his thoughts and hear his words. They make him smile a little bit as he hears them laughing, Giving another small curt nod as he watches him before speaking, slowly going to get to hid feet up from the chair. "yes i most certainly do" he grins a little bit "would you like some" he asks with a small sigh "I think we could both do with some amist all this madness"

Adrian grinned, nodding enthusiastically. "It may well be my final day of happiness, why not enjoy?" He stood up before moving to sit against the large desk, watching as Seneca made their drinks.

Seneca smiles and nods a little bit taking a deep breath. He slowly gets up and takes a deep breath, moving over to the counter with the drinks layed out on its top. Grabbing a glass from a counter to the side he smiles a little. Getting the bottle that contains the green drink, he pours some into the glass watching it fill up with a small smile, and then turns back to him with a quick glance round.

He moves back over to the desk with a sigh. Setting the glass down infront of him, and also placing the bottle down on the desk. He moves over and takes his seat again" well even if it is. you know that i think you can win."

Adrian carefully picked up the glass, taking small sips. "Thank you for believing in me, but you know how unpredictable the games can be." A small sigh left his lips as his shoulders slumped. "I'd like to think I can win but the odds may not be in my favour."

The young man moved across the desk sitting closer to the other man. "although you do know how the games work so maybe I should be more confident."

Seneca watches him with a small sigh nodding. "Well if i believe in someone i am usually right in doing so.", Watching him makes him wish even more than he already does, that there was something that he could do too help him win. Nodding he sighs "i think you are right in saying so. but i do belive that you can, you have more skills than a lot of them. and you know how to survive most dont."

Taking a deep breath he watches him." i think it will be good. I know how the games work you should be"

Adrian sighed loudly, leaning back slightly trying not to mess up the desk. He quickly downed the rest of the liquid, making a small face in the process. "I'll feel much better once those idiots from district 1 and 2 are gone. They're the most ruthless and will probably be keeping an eye out for me."

He let his head fall back gently, staring at the blindingly white ceiling. "They keep this place so clean despite the blood that stains its reputation." His eyes closed as his mind drifted back to his home and the smell trees.

Seneca watches him before glancing round. He looks over to the screen that is on the other side of the room, frowing a little bit at it as he thinks. Being brought back by his words he nods a little bit. "i think you are right they will pose a definite threat. but once they are gone. you should be okay"

Looking at him he cant help but laugh, "Oh they certinaly do. its all one big fake lie everything is perfect and all pretty."

Adrian smirked looking over at Seneca. "I know one thing here that's perfect and pretty." He sent the other man a wink and laughed quietly.

He absent mindedly ran his fingers along the smooth desk. "I used to think that the Capitol would be bright and wildly coloured but I guess it would class too much with the outfits." His gaze looked over the other man, he was of course dressed nicely but in a way that worked unlike the eyesore of some outfits.

Seneca looks up at him, his lips curve into a small smile and he laughs a little, shaking his head with a small smile.

taking a deep breath he frowns a little bit. "I think you are right. also the fact that they wanted to dress me up like all the others. and well i wouldent let them....well it wasent me who wouldent but...." he trails of with a small sigh.

Adrians smile softened as he listened to the other man, they've only known each other a short amount of time and the other man seemed to have a deep history with the capitol. He was too nervous to dig too deep about it, not wanting to ruin his only friendship so close to the games.

"I'm glad they never did. Honestly, you would look rather ridiculous." A teasing smile slipped onto his face as he gently nudged his arm against the other mans.

Seneca takes a deep breath and forces a small smile. "basically it proves once agin that nothing is secure here. especially not in the capitol they will go to any means to punish you". he looks over with a small sigh shaking his head.

His words make a small smile curve onto his lips as he nods. "yes i would"

Adrian looked up at the wall, noticing the clock that just barely stood out against the wall. A small frown took place as he read the time. He would have to leave soon, his mentors being especially strict on a curfew today wanting them to get a long rest.

"You'll definitely be watching over me right?" He kept his gaze locked on the clock, suddenly overcome with emotion and not quite strong enough to look at the other man yet. Even though Adrian was the tribute, they were both equally held hostage by the Capitol or more specifically the president. Both sentenced to death here one way or another.

Seneca follows his gaze with a small sigh to the clock. He seems to guess what he is thinking and sighs a little bit. "i woildent want to irritate your mentor by making you be late", he says his voice a little quieter than before. biting his lip a little bit as he does so.

Looking at him again when he hears his words he frowns. "yes of course i will be dont worry" he says with a small sigh his tone a little gentler than before

Adrian nodded slowly, letting his gaze drift back to the other man. "I guess you're right." He attempted to force a small smile, wanting to see fine for Seneca. The boy slide from his seat on the desk, stretching slightly as he stood.

The tribute hesitated a moment before leaning down to give the other a tight hug. "Goodbye for now, hopefully I will return." He gave one last smile as he headed towards the door. "Good luck with things here, stay safe."

Seneca takes a deep breath, as he looks aways from him. "it will be okay i know it" he says with a small sigh watching him slowly slide from his seat. noding with a small sigh he bites his lip while thinking.

Slightly taken aback as he hugs him, but it makes him smile a little bit giving a curt not as he straightens up. "thank you. I am sure that i will see you again. i know you can win please remember that". He gives a small nod as he watches him move towards the door. "i will do dont worry"

Adrian left the room with a small smile on his face and feeling better than he had before. He quickly made his way back to his apartment, making sure to avoid people as he did so not wanting to get him or Seneca in trouble.

By time he made it back both mentors were waiting on him along with his fellow tribute, a quick glance at the clock shows he arrived right on time. They settled down, listening to each of them give speeches and last minute tips. Adrian listened attentively trying to keep anything useful. He was finally let go and had a shower, enjoying it whilst he could. As he lay down to sleep, he allowed Senecas supportive words guide him into a restful slumber.

Seneca smiles one last time at him before he leaves, taking a deep breath once he is gone he sighs a little bit. Moving his head down to rest in his hands with a small sigh. his head is starting to pound badly and aching now. it is not pleasent and he knows that he needs to sleep urgently, after all he should sleep he has a long few days ahead of him that he will need to be well rested for.

Getting to his feet he takes a deep breath, pulling on his jacket again he moves towards the door with a small sigh. Walking out and down the corridor he decides to finish the last of the papers later. He heads to his room and is too tired to even get changed simply just layes down on his bed and is quickly asleep.

The morning seemed to drag on, everyone was tense as they sat together to eat. Adrian felt almost too sick to eat but forced himself knowing he would regret it later if he didn't. As they walked through the halls Adrian silently wished he could say one last Goodbye to Seneca. His fellow tribute was shaking slightly next to him, he tried to ease her nerves but they both knew any attempts were futile.

They reached what looked to be a large plane, already filled with other tributes. Once seated they were taken to what he assumed was where the arena would be and a chip injected into their arm. A part of him as curious about what it was for but thought better of it when receiving an agitated look from the capitol worker. Each tribute was taken to a separate area, Adrian letting out a sigh of relief noticing the kind stylist from the interviews. They talked pleasantly as he changed into his uniform, letting him relax slightly. He stepped onto the platform and was soon blinded by a sudden ray of light. A forest. A small smile came on his face, a forest he could work with. He stood waiting, slowly taking in his surroundings and making a quick plan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back