• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Hunger Games rp (Closed)

"No they're killing off the worthless ones," the woman snapped back at Cato, "And you used to believe that before you got wrapped up in all this nonsense. You are a disgrace to this district." Serena glared at the woman before growling back at her. "No he isn't!" she said before catching herself. She needed to relax. These people didn't trust her and they weren't going to respond will to hostility.

"Cato's telling the truth," she said as she looked around, "He cares for his home, and he's afraid that if we don't do something soon that it will end up like mine." Serena moved carefully as she stuck a hand into her pocket before pulling it out with a small device in her hand. She pressed a button and a hologram video appeared of District 8 or at least what was left of it. "These are my people," she explained gently, "The Capitol is starving them to death because my people rebelled. They couldn't take the massacres anymore. They didn't want to enter the Games and hurt their fellow Districts. It was too much for them to bare. The Capitol is hurting them because they think it will scare you into submission, and you can't let them. If what I know about this district is true, you're not scared of anything. You're warriors and fighters, but wouldn't you rather fight for yourselves than for someone who is using you for protection?"

For once the people actually started to listen to her. The woman who had yelled at Cato finally shut her mouth though she didn't seem happy about it. She took a deep breath before continuing. "We can be free. We don't need the Capitol; they need us. It would be an honor to fight along side of you all in this rebellion as I've seen the skill you possess. They give you what you want because they are terrified of you. Prove to them that they are right to fear you," she said carefully.

Gale was quiet as Serena spoke and looked at the filming crew that had come with them. They were rolling footage, probably to use in another propaganda video. He had to admit she was good at this, though he had to admit he wouldn't have minded watching Cato get his butt kicked by one of these psychos. It would actually be rather refreshing. The only problem was if they hurt Cato they could probably end up hurting the rest of them and that wasn't so good.

Cato glared at the woman, and while he expected her type of attitude towards him it still pissed him off a bit, glaring at her. He opened his mouth, about to speak up and snap back at her, but Serena had beat him to it, and was already talking before him as she yelled back at the woman, which surprised Cato a bit, before she had seemed to calm herself down and her tone, but continued to speak.

Cato relaxed a bit, the anger towards the woman leaving a bit as he let Serena speak, unable to help but to smile as she spoke to the crowd, which had now grown even bigger to come and see who was causing a commotion and what was going on, and also, once finding who it was, to listen.

Alice watched as the district clearly seemed hostile towards them, and while it was only verbally right now, Alice was on her guard, worried it might escalate. She listened as Serena spoke, but her eyes remained on the crowd to look for any possible threats. She noticed movement from a figure in the crowd who was weaving through the people to get closer to the center, stepping forward a bit and approaching them.

Alice gripped her knife, and pulled it from it's resting spot on her hip, however didn't throw it or attack yet. While the person was approaching closer to them, Alice knew that if any of the four of them were to be the first to start a violent act, even if they only were trying to be precautionary, it wouldn't end well. So she didn't do anything unless the woman who approached tried something. Plus, she recognized the person as Amber, the female tribute that entered these last games with Cato, and Cato stood protectively in front of Serena just in case too.

Serena watched as the crowd began to quite down as she spoke. Thankfully too because she knew if this situation escalated they would probably be dead within seconds. She noticed a familiar face coming towards them in the crowd. "Amber?" she said gently but before she could say more Cato stepped in front of her protectively, "Cato it's alright."

Gale eyed Amber as she walked up. He knew that Amber hated virtually everyone except for Cato in the Games and he figured that that hadn't changed. He kept his knife down at his side as she approached them, careful to stay between her and Alice.

"Amber, you know better than anyone what the Capitol is doing," Serena said from behind Cato, "You know they used you. We can stop that from happening. We can set all of you free. You can fight for yourselves and not for what the Capitol wants. Let us help you. Please we can help you," she pleaded to her as well as the rest of the people.

Cato narrowed his eyes a bit as he watched Amber approach Serena, and he stepped up protectively in front of her, though didn't act violently towards her or anything. While he didn't entirely trust Amber, he also didn't want to hurt her. He didn't want to have to fight her - or anyone else in this district. As much as he now disagreed with his districts majority view, it was still his district. His home. But if it came to his district, or Serena, he would certainly protect her over them.

When Serena spoke up behind him, he glanced over his shoulder at her. He hesitated a moment, but gave a slight nod. He took a small step to the side so Amber and Serena could still face each other, but he still remained on guard and eyed Amber carefully for any sudden or suspicious movements.

Alice watched as Amber approached Serena, and let Cato worry about Amber, while she went back to keeping an eye on the crowd in case any of them tried to use Amber as a distraction so they could get away with something. When she started talking though, Alice was a bit surprised, and glanced to Gale, before back to Amber.

Amber had approached the group after listening to Serena's short speech to the district, about helping each other and fighting the capitol. Glancing to Cato when he stepped forward protectively, she smirked a bit "I always knew she had you wrapped around her finger" she scoffed before looking back to Serena "I guess you were kind of right though all along" she said, before glancing back out at her district, and then to Serena "We don't need your help though. It's true, Im sick and tired of the capitol telling us what to do. But that doesn't mean we'll let you guys start telling us what to do either. We can make our own choices - just like you. So it's not because of what you say. I'll fight, but for me. Not for you" she crossed her arms over her chest.

Serena looked at her for a moment before looking back at the camera crew. She signaled for them to cut the video and they listened to her. "Look," she said gently, "I agree that the leader of this Rebellion is not trustworthy, but for right now, we have to listen to her. Our job now is to destroy the Capitol and once that's done I will personally ensure that Coin does not remain in charge."

She knew she needed to compromise though she wasn't sure how well Amber was going to take that. "Fight with us. Not for us, and then once this is over we can all decide on what to do," she said with a slight nod of her head, "Trust me."

Gale eyed Amber as the two talked. He didn't trust her. She was just as crazy as Cato if not worse. He couldn't trust her. He hated to say it but he wasn't going to trust her. These people didn't know half of what the Districts were going through, and if it weren't for their skills in combat, the rebellion probably would have left them out of this all together.

Suddenly there was a shot fired that sent Serena tumbling to the ground. "Sniper! Cato in the trees!" he said before watching the figure start to move. He sent his knife flying and he managed to hit the figure sending him crashing to the ground.

Alice listened as Amber spoke up, and she wondered where she was going with this. She couldn't quite tell if Amber was for, or against them, by the way she was speaking. She listened carefully, as she and Serena spoke to each other. And honestly, Alice was a bit surprised to hear what Serena said. While Alice agreed about Coin, and knew Serena thought like that, she was surprised she voiced such opinions, even with the camera having been cut off for now.

Before much else could be said though, a shot was fired, and Serena stumbled to the ground. Her eyes quickly darted in the direction of the shot, though Gale was quick to react as well and already knocked the man down with his knife. "I'll get him, you stay and protect Serena" she said, knowing that with Serena injured, Cato would need help protecting her if this act caused others to react as well.

Amber had been listening to Serena, and was honestly considering her words. And with her speaking against her own leader of the rebellion, it did give Amber reason to think she was being honest. Before she could say anything though, Serena was shot and on the ground, and Amber glared over at the figure "Who the hell shot that?!" she snapped.

Cato could had noticed that Amber seemed to be coming around to the idea of them working with them, to fight the capitol. He was feeling hopeful, until Serena suddenly was shot to the ground. He quickly unsheathed his sword and was by her side "Serena! Serena, are you hurt? Where have you been hit?" he asked worriedly, hoping it wasn't serious.

Serena winced slightly as she looked down at her shoulder and saw a silver bullet sticking out of her suit. She looked rather stunned and managed to pull it free of its wedge near her shoulder. She looked rather stunned when she saw it. She checked herself for blood but there was nothing there. That suit had saved her life.

"I'm ok," she said wincing slightly, "The suit stopped the bullet. I'm ok." She winced slightly as she sat up. There was probably going to be a bruise due to impact but that didn't bother her too much. She grabbed an arrow from her quiver and loaded her bow as she got up.

Gale wanted to go with Alice. He wanted to help her though he knew that he needed to stay with Serena in case another sniper tried to shoot at them. He kept his knife at the ready but no other shots came. He was rather surprised to hear Serena say she was ok and even more surprised to see her pull the bullet from her suit. Cinna was definitely a hero today.

The man managed to pull the knife out of his calf as he winced in pain. Gale opened his hand and called the knife back to him so that he couldn't use it against Alice. He glared up at Alice and looked around for his gun but it wasn't close enough for him to reach. He glared up at her before speaking up. "Your rebellion will fall," he sneered.

As Alice approached the man on the ground she held her knife in her hand, being cautious in case he had any other weapons on him other than the gun. As she approached him, she saw him reaching for the gun and quickly kicked it out of his reach while Gale called his knife back.

Looking back to the man, she glared a bit at his comment "Oh yeah? Because you're the only one I see on the ground right now" she spoke as she stepped down harshly on his new injury to his calf "Serena's a lot nicer than me, and now you also just pissed me off by attacking her" she glared at him "We don't have to get along. You don't have to like us. You just have to like us more than the capitol. I'd think you and the rest of your people are proud enough to want to stick up for yourselves against the capitol, instead of being cowards and letting them control you."

Cato was quick to go to Serena's side, asking her if she was okay and checking her over for any injury or wound. When he saw her just pulling the bullet from the suit that had stopped it, his eyes widened a bit. He knew Cinna had made these suits to be protective, of course. But still....to stop a bullet, that was impressive. He'd have to thank the man when they got back.

He nodded lightly as Serena assured him that he was okay, and he moved to help her stand back up if she needed it. He glanced back over at the man who had shot at Serena, glaring at him though glad to see Alice wasn't treating him nicely or anything, and just smirked a bit. Serves him right.

The man yelled out as Alice put pressure on his wound. He had never felt so much pain before in his life. He could barely even focus on what he was saying. "Like you four are any better than the Capitol," he managed before biting his lip, "You killed our people in those Games. The Capitol didn't kill them. You did."

Serena winced slightly as they helped her up. She got to her feet and looked at her shoulder before directing her attention to Alice who was standing over the man who had made the attempt on her life. She looked at Cato for a moment as she heard the man yell out in pain from where Alice had stepped on him. "That's enough," she said to her ally before looking at the man, "I have already said that I will not kill anymore of my fellow Districts. I said that in the arena and I still believe in it now. I would rather kill those who actually deserve it than someone like you."

She knew he was scared. He wasn't trying to kill her because he hated her. He was trying to kill her because she was trying to change something and change was frightening. She understood that and she couldn't condemn him for it. "You are all my friends, my allies, even you."

Gale would hardly call this son of a bitch an ally. Without Cinna's suit, Serena would have been long dead before they could get her back to 13 to get the proper medical help that she required, but he kept his mouth shut. The people seemed to be buying it so he wasn't going to try and say anything that might start a riot or a fight. He just stood at the ready to ensure Serena and Alice's safety.

Alice glared at the man's statement, especially how they killed their people "Yeah?" She snapped as she stepped a bit more weight onto his wound "And what about your people? Your tributes were the most ruthless. If that's how you want to categorize us, then you can't act like you're any better than us. It is your district that bred heartless killers, who enjoyed killing" she glared harshly at the man, irritated with him.

Hearing Serena telling her to stop, she frowned a bit, glancing over at her. She liked Serena...and considered her possibly her best friend. But she didn't particularly like being told what to do just because she was the mockingjay, as if she had authority over her. She huffed a bit, before reluctantly releasing her foot from the man's leg, but keeping a glare on him as she let Serena keep talking.

As Cato had helped Serena stand back up, he was surprised when she told Alice to leave the man alone, and she started saying how all of them - including the one who would have killed her had it not been for the suit, were her allies and friends. "Serena" he snapped a bit in a harsh tone "Friends don't kill each other. You would be dead if it weren't for Cinna" he spoke disapprovingly.

Cato honestly didn't understand Serena's mind, and how she could just be so compassionate towards people, towards everyone. This man just tried to kill her, and would have succeeded too, yet here she was calling him a friend. Sometimes he wondered if something in her head was still screwed up from what Snow did too her...but he knew it was just how Serena was. He didn't understand it, nor could he comprehend it, but it was one of the things he admired about her.

Gale was rather surprised at Serena as well. He had just tried to murder her. If that had been Alice he probably would have gone crazy and killed him with his two bare hands. He was rather surprised that Cato didn't make a move at the man but then again maybe that was for the best. They didn't need a brawl breaking out because of that lunatic. He looked at Alice and just gave her a look that said 'I know this is nuts but just calm down'.

Serena could tell that both Cato and Alice weren't too happy about what she was saying but that wasn't her problem. She was hear to defeat the Capitol not win a popularity contest. "Hurting him because he hurt me is worthless," she said to Cato and Alice, "Let's say I kill him. I've killed someone's husband, father, and son. Then one of his kin comes and kills me. Then one of you goes after my killer and the chain of murders never ends because we think we're acting properly because we want vengeance on someone else."

She shook her head slightly before looking at the man. "I'm not here to hurt you. I'm here to liberate you and the rest of your people, because the Capitol has lied to you about what's happening in Panem. You don't have to like me. I mean if you want you can hate me, but I know you don't hate them," she said as she nodded to the rest of District 2, "So I want you to fight for them."

Alice crossed her arms a bit in slight irritation as she glanced back over at Serena, and then to Gale, catching his look. She frowned a bit but just remained quiet, not saying anything despite Serena's words irritating her. Serena had been a great mockingjay...but Alice was starting to worry that it was getting to her head a bit much lately. She understood Serena had a lot of pressure on her to be a positive face and everything, but she felt she was letting her ego get a bit big, the way she acted like she was in charge, because of her position as the mockingjay. And it probably had to do with her being with Cato so much, his personality was rubbing off on her with that growing attitude of hers.

Alice bit the inside of her tongue though, knowing that her speaking out against Serena wouldn't help in their goal to try and convince district 2 to change sides, and fight against the capitol. She rolled her eyes a bit at Serena's logic - while it did make sense, it kind of contradicted what their own mission was about. The capitol was harming them, and so they were fighting back. It was essentially the same thing, just on a much larger, grander scale.

Cato frowned a bit as Serena seemed to just absolutely ignore everything he said, and him essentially. He didn't say anything, though he did wish Serena was a bit more sensible about this. He could also tell that Alice wasn't exactly pleased with the way that Serena made her look like the bad person in front of the whole district, which he didn't blame Alice for. Honestly he himself would have done worse to that guy than Alice had if he could. Maybe he wouldn't have killed him, but he certainly would have taught him a lesson.

Serena could feel the tension radiating from her counterparts but she did her best to ignore it. It wasn't long after thought that one of the guards came and spoke to them. "The Capitol is closing in. We need to go," he said, "The supplies has been unloaded and we are ready for departure when you are." She nodded slightly as did Gale. They needed to go. They had already been captured by the Capitol once. They didn't need that to happen again.

Gale led them back to the transport and spoke to the pilots about getting them out of there as quickly as possible. As soon as they were all in they started back to 13. Serena sat down and took her quiver off her shoulder before looking at Alice. "You had no business going and attacking that man. We're trying to get them to help us. Hurting one of them isn't really the best way to go about that. We're nothing to them. Some of the Careers are just looking for an excuse to hurt the rebellion, and you're giving them the excuse they want. You can't do that."

Gale looked at Alice and then at Serena. "She was just trying to help you Serena," he added on before Serena shook her head, "I'm fine. I don't need anyone to protect me. I think everyone forgets that I won the Games too. I'm not someone who constantly needs protection all the time. I can take care of myself." Gale shook his head slightly. before clearing his throat. "You also can't win a war on your own," he said with a shake of his head.

Eventually it was time for them to head out, if they didn't want to be captured by the capitol again. And Alice really, really did not want that to happen. She hadn't enjoyed it the first time, and certainly wouldn't a second time. She left the man alone as she walked away from him, the four of them loading back up onto the transporter with the others who had accompanied them. Alice was ready to just give everything that happened between Serena a rest, and just get over it, but then Serena had to go scolding her all over again. And Alice's stubborn personality wasn't about to take it.

She glared over at Serena when she spoke up to her "I had no business- are you joking right now?" she scoffed with a disbelieving laugh "Are you serious? That man had no business attacking you. I only wanted to protect your high horse ass" she glared "I'm so sorry for protecting you" she rolled her eyes sarcastically, before Serena just continued on to berate and belittle her, telling her she couldn't do things like that "Sorry Miss. Mockingjay, I didn't realize you had authority to now order me around, and tell me how to do my own job" she said as she glared, a bit fed up with Serena's attitude towards her. She needed to be taken down a few levels "So spare me your lectures. Because someone who just gets to hide behind a camera like Snow does has no place in telling me how to do my job that helps protect your precious face" she snapped irritably, getting up and leaving to a different part of the transporter.

Once they had boarded back onto the transporter and they were all settled down as it was heading back to district 13 quickly, Cato glanced to Serena when she spoke up, lecturing Alice about her behavior "Serena, I think Alice was right. He deserved a little reminder that he can't just go attacking people. And you especially. If Alice hadn't stepped up I probably would have done worse to that guy" he tried to reason softly with his girlfriend, since he was much like Alice in that moment and only wanted to protect Serena, and get back at the man for hurting her. "I mean, if it weren't for Cinna you'd...he could have killed you, Serena. And then you wouldn't even be able to talk to the districts anymore."

He wasn't arguing with Serena, but just trying to reason with her and show that no one had meant anything bad of that situation, and Alice wanted to help, like Gale suggested. When Alice started to talk a bit more rudely to Serena though, Cato stood up with a glare "Alice!" he snapped angrily "What the hell did you just say?" he growled, now upset with the girl he'd previously been defending for talking to Serena like that.

Serena glared at Alice when she started to talk back to her. She was trying to help keep Alice alive and this was what she was getting for it? "I'm just trying to help!" Serena shot back. Many people didn't know this but Serena did have a temper. She was usually good at covering up her emotions in a time that she needed to but this wasn't one of those times. She didn't need to take any of this from Alice. She had been in the wrong.

"You think this is easy?" she asked as she stood up, "13 has worked so hard to get this rebellion going and they picked me to try and get the Districts on board for all of this. Everyone looks at me for what to do next. If I say one negative thing about this rebellion, everything we've spent the past year building is destroyed. And you want to know something? They picked one person to do it. They could have picked you, but guess what. They didn't want you. In fact, the only reason you're not lying dead in the Arena is because of me, and you know it! But hey you think its so easy to be me then fine." She took her quiver off her shoulder and tossed it at Alice's feet along with her bow. "Then you do it if you're so perfect."

"Serena she's trying to help you. Just both of you shut up and walk away," Gale said but then he saw a side of both Alice and Serena that he hadn't seen before. He knew Alice could be stubborn but he had never heard her talk like that to someone before. He didn't think Serena deserved all of that because she was a nice girl but Alice definitely didn't deserve any of what Serena was saying to her. All she had tried to do was protect her after all.

Gale could see this escalating quickly. He watched as Cato started to move and he got to his feet when Cato did and stood between him and Alice. "Sit back down," he snapped at him, "You're not going to do a damn thing. Sit back down!" He wasn't near as tall as Cato was but he wasn't afraid of the guy either. He glared at him as he stood right in his face practically daring him to make a move. He was also going to be careful though. He wasn't about to get himself kicked out of 13 because of this guy. He'd let him make the first move and then plead self-defense.

Alice stopped and looked back over at Serena when she was snapping back at her. It's not like Alice hadn't expected it, obviously, since the way the tension was rising between the two of them. When Serena tried defending herself by saying she was trying to protect her, Alice scoffed "That's funny. Because that's exactly what I was doing, yet here you are treating my like a child! I don't need you telling me what to do, when you don't even know how to fight. You're just good for spreading peace and speeches" she snapped harshly. She hadn't intended to get quite this rude with her words, but Serena was really starting to push her, and with her temper rising, she had no filter anymore.

"Who said anything about me thinking I'm perfect? I know I'm far from it. I know I'm not the strongest person here. Unlike you, acting like you're so god damn special because you're the face of the rebellion. If anyone thinks they're perfect here it's you! And like hell if you are. Why do you think the mockinjay has her own personal guard, to protect and fight for nothing but the mockingjay? Because apparently all you're good for is putting on a pretty face and lecturing people about how to live their own lives!"

Cato could see the tension rising between the two girls, and he honestly wanted to put an end to it. He didn't want to have to babysit them and worry about them getting into an actual fight. But then the way that Alice started talking to Cato, the blond wasn't about to just sit by and let her talk that way to Serena. Perhaps he agreed Serena hadn't much right to talk to Alice the way she had back in district 2, and in front of everyone like that, but he also didn't see any reason Alice had a right to be talking to Serena like this right now, even if Serena was talking the same to her in response.

He stood up, snapping at Alice almost challengingly, but it didn't take more than a second before Gale had now also intervened, and was standing in front of him. Cato glared at him "Like hell you can tell me what to do, pretty boy. I'll sit down when your bitch of a girlfriend gets control over herself and backs down" he glared at Gale. He already didn't like Gale to begin with, and now, he certainly wasn't accepting of the way Gale stood up to him threateningly.

Serena glared at Alice as she spoke. "I won those Games just like you did. I can kill people but I've seen it doesn't do anything except cause myself and other people pain. Apparently you're just too stupid to figure that out," she snapped back at her, "I've had it with you. You're just jealous that they care more about me than they care about you. When you got yourself captured in the Capitol, they were going to leave you there like you had never existed. You're nothing to this rebellion, and you hate that."

She wasn't going to let Alice insult her like that. She had no right to. Not after everything she had tried to do for her. "And ya know what? If you were to die, they wouldn't mourn for you. No one in these Districts would be upset. You'd just be another tally on the board. Honestly, Alice, let's be realistic. The Rebellion wouldn't even know you were gone. All you've done is almost get yourself almost killed and wait for someone to jump in to save you. I mean think about it: You go on a mission, the Capitol captures you. You come to two, I have to bail you out of trouble. Right now you're the Capitol's best friend, because you're the weak link."

Gale glared at Cato and sent a punch into his chest when he spoke. He didn't care what it meant for his future. He wanted to give Cato a good solid punch like he deserved. He had been waiting to do that this guy since the moment he met him in the Capitol. But as soon as he punched him, a few security officers grabbed Gale away from Cato and separated the two.

"Don't you ever talk about her like that, you stupid son of a bitch!" Gale snapped as the guard help him back. He had had enough of Cato acting like he could do whatever he wanted whenever he wanted. "I hope District 2 doesn't join the Rebellion because I would love nothing more than to just rid Panem of people just like you!"

Alice scoffed with a roll of her eyes "Jealous? Of you?" she scoffed "I'm not jealous of someone who lost her own mind because she was too weak to face the capitol when things got rough" she sneered at her, referring back to when Snow had gotten into her head and affected her in that way "If it wasn't for your face plastered everywhere, you would be just the same as I am to the rebellion. But oh, wait. Yeah that's right you don't fight for the rebellion, you only speak for it. You have no idea what it's like to risk your life every day for this rebellion and this cause. You have no clue. You're just a hypocrite who speaks of fighting for this cause when you don't do a thing. You want the districts to fight, to risk their lives and fight while you just keep lecturing and have them fight for you" she glared.

She honestly had enough of Serena. She was getting on her last nerves and she didn't understand how she could be so clueless, so...so arrogant. Shaking her head, she glared "You've let Cato rub off on you too much. You think you're so god damn special because people recognize you? That's all you really wanted. Back in the interviews, from the very start of these past games, you just wanted a spotlight. All you want is attention, and act like a hero to people when you're really just that weak" she snapped, but before she or Serena could really say anything more to each other, the guards were separating them as well before they got physical or said anything more to each other.

Cato glared at Gale as he spoke about Alice, infuriated about the way she was talking to Serena. He himself was about to beat the crap out of Gale to get him out of his way. He moved to shove Gale away, but Gale's punch had landed first and he grunted a bit in pain "Why you-!" he snapped as he lunged at Gale, but was grabbed by a guard just as Gale was too, but Cato didn't let that stop him.

But Cato was already beyond pissed now, so even though he physically couldn't attack Gale or Alice, he continued on anyways just wanting to specifically piss Gale off "Talk about her like what? The useless bitch she is?" he sneered at Gale, now specifically just trying to piss him off "You know, it doesn't surprise me she has no respect, when she has a weak guy like you with her who can't even control his own girlfriend."

Serena looked at her with a bit of hurt in her eyes when she spoke about how she had gotten her mind messed with in the Capitol. That was pushing it a bit too far in Serena's mind. She wasn't weak. The Capitol did something to her head in a planned attempt to stop the rebellion from growing. She was rather hurt by what she said.

"I didn't do any of this for attention. I did this because I couldn't stand watching people go into the Arena again and again and again and kill each other off just because the Capitol told them to. I didn't want it happening to you, or Gale, or Cato, or anyone else That's why I said what I said. Not because I like attention," she said quickly, "And don't you dare call me weak. No one coming out of those Games are weak because the weak don't survive. I'd fight if they'd let me but Coin doesn't want me to get hurt, but believe me no one wants to hurt the Capitol more than I do. They took my mother from me, and they deserve to pay for that."

Gale glared at Cato and before he could throw another punch his hands were pulled behind his back. "Why can't you just leave her out of this?" Gale snapped, "You're lucky they won't let me hurt because if they weren't here I'd have no problem hurting you. You're so arrogant and you don't care about anyone but yourself. The only one you seemed to have fooled is Serena. It's sad because she actually thinks you care about her. She doesn't understand that you only care about your own selfish wants."

The four of them were separated before they could do any more damage to each other, physically, or verbally. Alice and Serena were separated to keep from snapping at each other and escalating their fighting any further, while Cato and Gale were also separated, Cato being put into a room with Serena, while Gale with Alice, the pairs in separate rooms and told to remain there so they could calm down.

Alice sighed heavily as she sat down on the bench in the room, pulling her hair out of her high pony tail and running her hands through it in frustration and emotional irritation. She was just so overwhelmed with emotions, not only from the start of feeling so disrespected and like she was worthless to Serena, but also from the most recent escalation of the fight and them arguing so harshly back and forth at each other.

As the four of them were separated, Cato knew it was for the best. If they weren't, and there weren't people holding him back, he would be at Gale's throat in an instant. He'd always disliked the male, and often felt urges to hit him. But now he definitely would if it weren't for the guards restraining them. As he was separated into a room with Serena, he let out a heavy sigh in frustration, clenching and unclenching his fist as he tried to calm down.

Serena felt herself being pulled away and she didn't fight it. She knew they needed to be separated before anything else happened. It was a smart move on their soldiers' part. She walked into her little room before the soldier let her go. She took a seat on the floor of the room as she watched as Cato was placed in there with her. She did feel guilty about what she said to Alice but at the same time she felt betrayed as well. She had touched on some very personal issues for her, particularly when she told her she allowed her mind to get taken over because she was weak.

She looked up at Cato quietly as he walked in. She could tell he was still angry. She bit her lip for a moment before thinking of whether she should say something or not. "Cato?" she said quietly, "Will you...will you sit by me?" He was really the only person she wanted to be around right now. She hoped he wasn't too upset with her.

Gale was absolutely livid still when he entered the room. The guards put him into a room with Alice and he just paced angrily thinking about what Cato had said to him. At least he had gotten a punch in. God that felt good to do. He knew it was wrong and may cost him his position in 13 but he had to do it. "God that guy is just so...," but he was so angry he couldn't even finish his sentence.

Alice sat in the room as she continued to just rake her fingers through her hair and pull at her red locks. She glanced up when Gale was brought into the room to remain there and she just sighed. She almost wished they put him in a separate room too. Not because she was upset with him. Not at all - she appreciated him standing up for her to Cato, which she had barely noticed considering she was so busy arguing with Serena. But right now, she wished she could be alone, and her emotions were overwhelmed she felt the urge to cry. But she already felt her strength threatened by Serena's words...what if she really was that weak as Serena said...she didn't need to be seen crying too.

She shook her head to herself as she leaned forward with her elbows on her knees, and her head in her hands with her fingers through her front locks of her hair. She just didn't understand how Serena could be like this to her. Alice was aware she was rude back to her, but she felt Serena had no place in undermining her judgement and her actions, especially in front of a district that they really couldn't afford to be showing any bit of weakness to.

When Cato had entered the room he was still pacing around and clenching his fists in anger. Gale pissed him off so much...gritting his teeth, he slammed his fist against the wall. If he couldn't hit Gale, he at least needed to hit something. And then the way he dared to question his feelings for Serena....that piece of shit. He shook his head to himself as he leaned his forehead against his forearm that was against the wall from when he hit it.

Hearing Serena's voice speak up to him though, he lifted his head to look over at her. He sighed a bit, before softly nodding and moving over to sit beside her, wrapping his arm around her and pulling her close "Ignore everything she said, alright? She's just being a bitch" He huffed as he let her lean into him, trying to comfort his emotional girlfriend.

Serena watched him carefully before curling into him and clinging to his shirt. "This is what they want us to do," she whispered, "The more we fight each other, the less focus we put on them and that's where our minds should be." She bit her lip slightly as she listened to herself. "She's right though I preach too much," she whispered.

She felt like crying as she thought about all of the things she had said to Alice and all the things Alice had said back. "She's right," Serena said as a tear rolled down her cheek, "I let Snow get into my head because I wasn't strong enough to fight him off." She could still be a bit tender about that situation. It was quiet a taxing recovery and it was hard not to feel guilty about it.
~
Gale paced in anger before punching one of the walls. He couldn't stand this guy. He acted like he was the king of everything and no one else mattered. There was no way he actually cared for any of them. He was in capable of it. He looked down at Alice and saw that she was quite upset and nothing he was doing or saying was at all comforting.

He took a deep breath and sat down next to her. "You're ok," he whispered as he pulled her to him, "No one believes any of what she said to you. She was just upset, Alice, none of that is true and you know it." He kissed her forehead and stroked her back gently as he too tried to breathe and forget about what Cato had said to him regarding Alice.

Alice flinched a bit when she heard the bang to the wall, and glanced up just as Gale had sat down beside her and pulled her close to him. She bit her lip, as his comforting just caused her to want to cry all the more. She leaned into him, burying her face into his shoulder as she gave in to his attempting comfort, and his arms around her did make her feel a little better, at least like she wasn't entirely alone, like she felt.

"I...I was just trying to help..." she sniffled out weakly as she kept her face buried in his shoulder, causing her voice to be slightly muffled "Why...I don't get why she thinks shes so s-special...j-just because she's the mockingjay, and people recognize her....it d-doesn't make us any less than her...." she sniffled as she struggled to keep from crying "I just want to help and she acts like I'm a nuisance and the bad guy" she hugged closer to Gale.

~

Cato sighed a bit and shook his head as he held Serena to him, listening to her go on about how this is probably what the capitol wanted. While he agreed the capitol probably certainly wanted this to happen, this wasn't exactly something the Capitol had any influence on causing in this moment. It was something between Serena and Alice, and now also lead to it including himself and Gale in it.

He sighed a bit and shook his head "No no, she's not right, Serena. We've gone over this before, when you were still recovering, what they did wasn't just words they wanted you to listen to. They forcibly altered the state of your mind and trigger responses...in fact, the fact you over came it proves that you aren't weaker than the capitol, and you were stronger" he assured her.

She did her best to listen to Cato but she couldn't shake the thought. She still struggled a bit with herself though it wasn't near as bad as it had been. She didn't want to harm herself or others but she still a few issues with anxiety and such because of whole ordeal. She also felt quite guilty for putting Cato through all of this. It hurt her to see him upset when she was suffering.

She shook her head slightly before putting her head on his shoulder. "She thinks all of this is easy, but its not," she whispered, "If I say one thing. One wrong thing. Everything that we've sacrificed for falls apart. She doesn't understand how stressful that is. And she says that I think I'm special. I'm not I'm just a pawn in the Rebellion. She does her job and I do mine. I'm just trying to do what Coin told me to. Keep the peace and don't do anything stupid."
~
"Shhh," Gale said as he rubbed her back, "It's ok, Alice. I know what you were trying to do. I know you just want to help and Serena shouldn't have called you out like that, but people do dumb things when they get scared or stressed." He didn't want to excuse Serena's word because they were going pretty far, but at the same time, he knew she probably didn't mean them. She just wanted to get back at Alice for saying something like that.

"She's not better than anyone else," he whispered to her, "I know that, you know that, everyone else does too. Like you said it's probably just Cato rubbing off on her. You can't listen to any of that stuff, Alice. I know she had no right to say any of that stuff, but even though she did you can't take it to heart. Just calm down. Everything's going to be ok."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back