• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Hunger Games rp (Closed)

Serena cried a bit into his shoulder as she clung tightly to him. She started to settle down a bit more when he started to whisper to her but she still clung to him rather tightly as she laid down with him. Her body shook as her mind raced. She knew Cato was right. She needed to calm down so that she could sleep but it was so hard to do that. She took a few deep breathes like she had done in therapy before she finally managed to calm down.

She wiped her tears away as she snuggled up into him. She put her head on his chest and listened to his heart beat quietly and slowly. She felt her eyes start to get heavy as she gave into how tired she was. The stress and the physical demand of today had really taken a lot out of her. Before she could say anything more her eyes closed and she fell asleep.
~
He kissed her head gently as he held her hands. He didn't want her to feel guilty about any of this. It was a bad turn of events. A bad day for all of them and they all knew it. The sooner they could let it go the better. They needed to stick together and though it was hard because all of them had fairly strong personalities, but that's how it needed to be. It was their job to be a role model to everyone else.

"Let's get some sleep ok?" he said gently, "It's been a long day and we need to just...reset." He sat down on his bed before kicking his shoes and socks off before laying down and holding her close to him. "Get some sleep," he whispered to her as he kissed the top of her head.

As Alice tried to shake the day's events from her head, she knew Gale didn't want her to be upset any longer, and especially didn't want to be blaming herself, so she tried to ignore it for the time being, for his sake. Everything was fine now, Gale wasn't being kicked out, they didn't have to worry about anything related to that, and they could just be happy about that. The fights were so far distant in her mind now.

As he spoke of getting some sleep, she nodded her head in agreement, knowing that was the best thing they could do right now. Aside from the fact it was the middle of the night and their bodies needed sleep, mentally, it would do them a lot of good to just sleep everything off. She slipped her own shoes and socks off, and any unnecessary layers of clothing before she crawled into bed beside Gale, snuggling up beside him and closing her eyes as she felt a kiss on her head "Goodnight Gale....sleep well" she spoke softly, before she too was soon asleep.

~

Cato continued to cradle her in his arms as he spoke to her soothingly, trying to help her relax and calm down a bit. He knew she was upset - all of them were surely - but he wanted her to calm down so she could try and feel a bit better. Tomorrow everyone may still be in a bad mood, they didn't know, but he felt a good nights rest and sleep would help to calm the overwhelming emotions and everything, and make them a bit more clearheaded.

As they lay in the bed he kept his arms around her, watching as she started to drift off and fall asleep finally. He sighed softly as he listened to her breathing even out as she had finally fallen asleep, and kissing her forehead softly he closed his eyes and allowed himself to relax now too. Before long, he joined Serena in sleep and with her loosely in his arms he'd fallen deep asleep until the next morning.

Serena slept soundly throughout the night. Better than she thought she would. Then again she was exhausted from the day before. The stress had taken a lot out of her. When she awoke she felt rather weak. It was clear that she was quite emotionally drained but that to be expected.

She saw that Cato was still asleep and she decided to let him sleep. He deserved a bit of rest as well. She figured yesterday was stressful for him as well as it had been for everyone else. Her mind drifted to Alice. She felt so guilty about what she had said and done. She rehearsed in her mind over and over what she would say to her. She wasn't even worried about Alice apologizing for what she said to her. She just wanted to ask her for forgiveness.
~
Gale slept soundly through the night with Alice in his arms. He had never slept with a woman before. He had never cared so deeply about someone before or wanted to be with someone so badly.

He awoke before she did. He smiled at her sleeping so soundly and kissed her cheek gently. He carefully got up so he wouldn't wake her and went to get a shower. He had been so upset by yesterday's ordeal that he hadn't even cleaned himself up after they returned from District 2. He cleaned himself up before getting dressed quietly before walking over to the bed and smiling. He stroked her hair gently before kissing her nose to wake her.

Alice had slept really well that night, more than she expected. She guessed she was just so physically and mentally exhausted from the entire previous day that it was easy for her to fall asleep. And even though it had been the first time she shared a bed and slept with Gale like that....she wasn't as nervous about it as she thought she might be. Even though they had shared close spaces in the middle of the night before like during the games when they would sleep, this was different. But she had felt more than comfortable falling asleep in his arms.

The next morning, she woke to the feeling of something tickling her nose. She grumbled a bit in her sleep, shifting as she rolled over onto her other side, tiredly moving a hand up to her face and rubbing her nose tiredly. She slowly squinted her eyes open a she woke up, seeing Gale there, and momentarily was confused, before remembering she'd spent the night in his room with him "Good morning" she yawned tiredly.

~

Once he had finally fallen asleep, Cato didn't budge for the rest of the night, and slept comfortable with Serena in his arms through the entire night. While he wouldn't admit it or tell anyone, but he was relieved to just sleep and get a break from all the fighting and everything. Physical fighting was something he was used to, combat and weapons. But the fighting he wasn't used to were the ones used with words and emotions, and so he was glad to have a break from it, even if just in his sleep.

The next morning, Cato didn't wake until a little bit after Serena. It wasn't until about a forty minutes after she had initially woken up, that he finally started to too. He moved to sit up as he rubbed the sleep from his eyes "Goodmorning" he greeted Serena when he saw her awake "Have you been up for long?"

After about 40 minutes or so she felt Cato stir next to her. She turned her attention to him and gave him a small smile. At least it was more than she had given him yesterday. She shook her head slightly in response. "I just didn't want to wake you," she said gently as she watched him sit up. She let out a slight sigh as she sat up and brushed her hair from her face.

"I'm sorry I let everything go to my head yesterday," she said gently, "I just...I thought they might hurt Alice when she attacked that man. I know she was trying to protect me and I'm grateful for that but...if anything were to happen to any of you I don't know what I'd do. I should have just kept my mother shut and if I would have Gale wouldn't have...gone at you and none of this would have happened," she said as she took his hand carefully, "Can you forgive me?"
~
Gale chuckled slightly and shook his head. "Good morning," he cooed to her before walking over to his bathroom mirror and attempting to fix his damp hair, "You are a much better roommate than Cato. I mean you don't wake up and slam doors, or try to annoy me by talking too loudly, or leave your sword in places where it doesn't belong. Quite the upgrade I'd say."

He didn't know how much of a morning person she really was. I mean the only time he ever saw her in the mornings was right now and in the Games, and in the Arena it didn't matter if you were a morning person or not. If you had to get up and go then that's what you had to do. Besides he figured she needed a bit of lighthearted humor after everything that happened yesterday.

Alice rolled over as she started to wake up a bit more, running a hand tiredly over her face as she yawned a second time, the consciousness starting to fully come back to her. She moved to sit up from the bed when she heard Gale talking from the bathroom, talking about how much better of a roommate she was than Cato. While she wasn't usually a morning person at all, she couldn't help but laugh lightly at his words.

"Glad to know I rank above Cato. I'd be a bit hurt if I didn't" she joked back lightly, watching him as he was trying to fix his hair and smooth it out. She smirked a bit, getting up and walking up beside up, watching him a moment, before suddenly reaching a hand up and ruffling it through his hair, messing his work playfully.

~

As he moved to sit up he smiled a bit when she said she didn't want to wake him "I wouldn't have minded" he said as he sat up beside her, fully awake now. He listened to her when she instantly started to bring up yesterday and frowned a bit. He knew she was still upset about it - obviously, by the way she spoke and apologized now, but he didn't want her feeling like this anymore, which is why he had partially been hoping she'd gotten over it all now.

He sighed softly, before wrapping his arms around her and pulling her into his chest "How could I forgive you, when I was never upset with you in the first place?" he questioned with a small smile, kissing her head. "I know you just wanted everyone safe, there's nothing wrong with that. I think Alice was feeling undermined by you though, and I guess I can see how that would make someone uncomfortable if their intelligence or authority was questioned around a bunch of people who felt hostile towards them" he explained softly "Not that it gave her any right to speak the way she had, however. I can see where she was coming from, but it still gave her no reason to be a bitch" he huffed.

Serena smiled slightly and nodded. She couldn't believe how lucky she was. Cato always had her back no matter what the situation was. She felt like she had been in the wrong here and yet here he was doing everything he could to both protect and comfort her. She had never met anyone like him before. She did understand what he was saying though. She and Alice had both been in the wrong, but she decided that she would be the first one to apologize even if Alice wasn't ready to.

"How did I get so lucky to have you, hm?," she whispered to him before kissing his lips gently, "I've never met anyone like you and I can't believe that at first I though you were just some...crazy boy from District 2." She smiled slightly as she brushed her fingers through his hair and shook her head. "I love you," she said gently, "And there isn't a thing you could do to make me stop loving you."
~
Gale noticed that she had finally rolled over and looked at him. "I'd have to say that if you didn't rank above Cato I would be a little worried. I mean you can't get much worse than that," he said with a smirk as he fixed his hair as he usually did. He watched out of the corner of his eye as she got up and walked over to him. He was a bit surprised when Alice sent a playful hand through his hair, messing up his progress.

"Alright Cato's getting a bit closer to you in the rankings," he said with a smirk on his lips. He put his comb down and tossed her over his shoulder before playfully 'slamming' her down on the bed. "Alright you're in time out," he said with a chuckle, "Maybe I should try doing that to Cato. You know...if he wasn't like a truck."

"That's true. And if I was worse than Cato, if that were even possible, I'd honestly be very concerned for you for dating me" she laughed a bit, as they did their usual joking regarding Cato. Despite all this time living in the same space with him and in 13, they still didn't understand him any more, like how Serena did, nor did they understand more than before what Serena ever saw in him, and still did.

As she had gotten up to playfully mess Gale's hair up just after he'd finished styling it as he usually did, she gasped a bit when she was suddenly hauled over his shoulder, before being thrown down onto the bed and she giggled a bit in amusement at his reaction, wrapping her arms around his neck and pulling him down onto the bed with her "Yeah, unfortunately I'm pretty sure that Cato weighs a lot more than I do" she laughed.

~

Cato smiled a bit when he noticed her start to lighten up a bit about it all, which he was glad for. He didn't want her stressing over it and beating herself up over how she acted. He knew she was just trying to do what she thought would be in everyone's best interest. Maybe everyone didn't see it like that, but he knew Serena, and so he did see that.

When she started getting all sweet and affectionate with him, he chuckled a bit softly, rubbing the back of his neck awkwardly since, while he didn't mind this at all, it was still something he wasn't used to "Well...I mean I am some crazy guy from district 2" he pointed out with a smirk "But if you're asking how you fell in love with me I mean that answers obvious. I'm incredibly hot, strong, and a damn good boyfriend. It's no wonder you love me" he winked playfully and a bit arrogantly at her.

Serena couldn't help but smile at him as she shook her head. "And don't forget full-of-yourself," she said with a giggle as she pulled him close to her. She really was lucky to have Cato. She had never felt this close to anyone before. He was crazy at times but that was mainly because he was protective. Some people would't like that he was awkward when she tried to show affection to him, but she thought it was actually kind of cute.

She kissed his cheek and brushed his hair back gently. "I do love you though. You did get that right," she said with a smile, "And I always will. No matter what happens." She hugged him carefully as she rested her head on his chest. It dawned on her that she needed to speak to Alice at some point but she wasn't sure what was the right time to do that. Was she still mad? Did she even want to talk?
~
Gale chuckled and shook his head. "The guy definitely weighs more than you do. When I punched him I felt like I had punched a wall," he said with a smile. He looked down at her and smiled. He was so happy to be with her. To think that a few hours ago he thought he would never see her again. She had wanted to go with him but he knew he wouldn't have let her. Going back to any of the Districts meant death and he wasn't going to do that to her.

He kissed her cheek and shook his head. "Now I have to comb my hair all over again, because someone just can't keep their hands off of it," he said with a smile as he stood up right, "Please stay there so I don't have to do it again." He smirked at her before walking back to the mirror and combing his hair thoroughly once more.

She laughed a bit when he said he felt like he punched a wall. Honestly, Cato looked like one so it didn't really surprise her. In all honestly she felt like the punch had hurt Gale's hand more than it had hurt Cato probably. She did still appreciate him wanting to try and stick up for her though. She just would prefer next time he tried that it wouldn't be in a way that could get him kicked out of the district. Because she was sure that Coin wouldn't be giving Gale another chance if he did.

She smiled a bit as she looked up at him "Well, no more punching wall's or trucks alright? As much as Cato deserves it, it's not worth the punishment" she said. Even though he was safe now, and he wouldn't be kicked out, the reality of that he had been so very close to being kicked out and sent to his death essentially was still very real, and very much a reality in her head. She sat up as she watched him go fix his hair and giggled a bit "As tempting as it is, I'll be nice" she smirked at him, letting him fix his hair and not messing it up that time.

~

Cato scoffed a bit when she commented on him being full of himself "Can you really call it that if it's all truth? I mean I'm only saying the facts" he shrugged his shoulders with a smirk, which, of course, this statement only further proved how full of himself and conceited that he was. But somehow with Serena, it came off in a better light, and more loving rather than arrogant. He really did care about her, and he knew he had a habit of pissing everyone off with his personality, so how Serena loved his personality, he wasn't sure, but was incredibly grateful for it.

Sure he'd made a lot of changes, and even some sacrifices for her, like how he sided with her over his own district, even over his own family, and how just overall he'd become a better person because of her...even if a lot of people couldn't really see that. He really had. Even when it came to Alice and Gale...while he'd never admit it for any reason whatsoever...he did kind of care about what happened to them. He smiled down at her and kissed her head "Of course I know that. And you know it's the same for you" he said with a smile, hugging her close.

Serena smiled up at him and as her fingers ran through his hair. “You’re so bigheaded,” she teased before kissing his cheek. She was going to say more when there was a knock at her door. She brushed a few locks of her hair back before walking over and opening it. “Ms. Kinsley, President Coin would like to speak with you and Ms...,” he paused though when he didn’t see Alice and instead saw Cato, “You need to come as well.” With that the man turned to knock in Gale and Cato’s door.

Serena closed the door quickly and looked at Cato. Coin wanted to see them again? Hadn’t they had enough adventure for a few days? Apparently not. Serena sighed and walked over to the mirror. She unbraided her hair and brushed out her long blonde curls. “What do you think she wants?” Serena asked as she looked over at Cato.
~
Gale smirked and shook his head. “Next time I’ll stand up for you just not with my fists,” he said with a smirk as began to comb his hair out. It didn’t take long to fix it but he stopped short when he heard a knock on the door across from them and muffled voices. His brows creased as he set his comb down.

Before he could speak he heard his door receive a knock. He opened the door and saw a soldier for the Rebellion before him. “Mr. Hawthorn. You’re required to meet with President Coin as soon as possible,” he said and the man looked at Alice and nodded to her, “You as well.” Gale nodded slightly before closing the door.

Hearing her tease him and his arrogance again, he smiled a bit "But you love this big head" he remarked jokingly. While if it came from anyone else calling him arrogant or some other rude remark, despite knowing himself that it was more than true, he would get upset, for the mere fact he knew they didn't mean it kindly in any sort of way. However when it came from Serena he knew that she meant it in a loving way if anything. As annoying as his arrogance was to most, somehow Serena seemed to love it about him and he couldn't help but smile a bit.

As they were enjoying the morning however, they were interrupted by a knock on the door. He wondered if it was Gale or Alice? They weren't exactly on the best of terms still, right now, but he and Alice had sort of switched rooms for the night, so he figured she might need to come back to need something since it was her room after all. But when Serena answered the door it was a solder, informing them of meeting with Coin. Once he left, he glanced back to Serena and shrugged slightly "Who knows....probably putting us to more work? Or more reprimanding or something?" he sighed a bit "Honestly I don't like her very much..." he muttered a bit under his breath.

~

She smiled a bit and nodded her head "That sounds like a good idea" she agreed. She didn't mind him standing up for her, she did honestly appreciate it. But it wasn't worth it if it would cost him basically his life in the end. In a way, all these events just showed their 'president's' colors all the more. She was cold and ruthless, willing to do whatever she felt necessary and getting rid of anything that didn't follow her every order. She understood that they were in a rough spot of the rebellion right now, and cooperation and trust were key amongst district 13. But easily getting rid of your own people? They were already a minority compared to the capitol, not only could they not afford to lose people right now, but also the fact that it further showed the lack of unity among them. The more she learned of Coin, the more she felt she resembled President Snow.

Glancing to the door when there was a knock, she was snapped out of her thoughts, as she saw the solider telling them Coin was requesting them immediately to meet with them. She just gave a nod in response before the man left and she glanced to Gale "She better not start scolding you again" she huffed out a bit protectively as she stood up from where she had been sitting on the edge of his bed "Guess we should get going? If you're hair is all perfect now, that is" she smirked with a slight tease.

Serena tried to think of what Coin needed them for but nothing came to mind. She shook her head before looking at Cato. “I know,” she whispered, “I don’t like her either but we have to listen to her for right now. At least until we can take down the Capitol. Then we’ll figure something out.”

Serena braided her hair back before walking over and taking her hand in his. “We should get going,” she said as she smiled at him carefully. She kissed his cheek before leading him out. She started to walk down the hall to Coin’s office.
~
Gale was quite confused. They had just gotten back. How were they being shipped out again? Or maybe it was something worse than just being sent to some district. Gale smiled slightly when Alice spoke up. “I think I’ll be able to handle a little scolding,” he with a smirk, “and my hair would have been perfect a few minutes ago but someone had to go ahead and mess it up.”

He tossed his come back onto his side of the sink. He opened the door for Alice and soon they were on their way to meet with Coin. When they arrived, Serena and Cato were there already. Serena was no doubt trying to work out in their head why they had been called in. When they neared Serena’s eyes lifted to look at who was coming. When she realized it was them her eyes directed away from the pair and down to the floor.

Alice was curious about what coin could want, but she tried not to worry about it too much as she headed to her office with Gale. She'd already pardoned Gale...so she shouldn't have to worry about that whole issue anymore. Right? Still though, she couldn't help but despise the woman. Especially after the other day when she was so ruthlessly ready to get rid of him, over a simple punch that actually didn't even cause any damage. Sighing to herself, she shook the thoughts from her head and just tried to clear her head a bit.

Arriving at the office with Gale, she noticed Cato and Serena were there, sparing them half a glance before awkwardly and quickly looking away when hers and Serena's eyes almost met. For she came to a stop beside Gale, as she face Coin and waited for her to say whatever it was she had gathered them for. She wondered if it was another mission of sorts, since she called all four of them? She honestly had no idea, and just silently waited while glancing to Coin.

~

Gale sighed a bit knowing Serena was right, and he'd just have to be patient for a better time to deal with Coin. Right now she was the best means to an end they had with dealing with Snow, so he knew he had to put up with it. But at the same time he was never really good at being patient. And this war had been going on for a while now against the Capitol. Every now and then they did make great progress, but sometimes he couldn't help but wonder when it would end. In their lifetime?

Shaking the frustrations he had in his mind away for now, he got up when Serena was ready and headed to Coin's office with her once they had been called in. He wondered what she could want...after everything that happened yesterday, he really hoped it wasn't anything too overwhelming or bothersome. He would just love a day off to relax with Serena. When Gale and Alice showed up a minute after them however, he doubted that was about to happen.

Serena felt rather uncomfortable when Alice and Gale showed up. Coin had asked them there too? Then this wasn't a conference or anything of the sort. This was a mission and Serena as still recovering from the last one they had been sent on. She also knew that no one could see the 4 of them being on bad terms. It would make the resistance appear broken or weak and that was the last thing they needed. She let out a sigh but before she could say anything Coin called the four of them into her office.

Gale glared at Cato as he walked past him to get into Coin's office. That idiot was almost the reason that he had been thrown out of here. He was definitely not ready to forgive and forget yet. He walked into Coin's office and stood before her with his arms crossed. Serena followed behind him and stood a good 4-5 feet away from Alice and Gale. She kept a close eye on Cato to make sure that he wouldn't try to do anything. She knew she could get Coin to grant him immunity but she didn't really want to start pushing that.

"I hate to call you back in here but I figured you should know that your mission to District 2 has been quite successful. They haven't agreed to assist us yet but you've definitely sparked a great deal of interest. We've got a promo video that we will send out to Panem soon, but now I need to see if you do the same thing in District 1," Coin explained as she looked at the four of them.

"You want me to get shot again?" Serena asked with a hint of sarcasm in her voice.

"Maybe that would deflate your ego a little," Gale added on. Serena gave him a look that simply said 'shut it'.

As the four of them stepped into the room to meet with Coin, Alice didn't pay too much attention to Serena. She didn't really forgive her yet, and was still bitter about their argument and the way Serena had been treating her the other day, as though she was less than her, but she didn't want to continue the argument either. Even if it was true, that Serena held a higher and more important position than her and the rest of them, it wasn't as though Serena had to point that out, nor did it give her authority over her. She just huffed a bit to herself as she pushed off those negative and bitter feelings that lingered from the other day, turning her attention to focus on Coin as she spoke.

It didn't surprise Alice she was already shoving them out onto another mission - to District 1 no less, another high-risk territory controlled by the Capitol. But she was at least glad to know it was a mission and not more reprimanding or scolding or anything from the other day. She just wanted to shove all of that in the past and forget about it. Though when Gale made that comment she couldn't help but smirk a bit in amusement, before gently nudging him as if to tell him to behave. After all, he didn't need to give more reason for Coin to mistrust and worry about him.

Cato wasn't really happy that they all had to meet together, but he put it for it for now, anyways. Though he was worried about the fact that this may have to do with another mission - not only was it probably not a good idea for them all to go out on one where they had to protect each other when tensions were still high between the four of them, but even if they were all back on good terms, it was still too soon in his opinion to be going back out. They literally had just gotten back last night. He understood a lot of work went into a successful rebellion, but still...it seemed to quick, and that they were pushing their luck.

As he walked with the group of them in, he glanced to Gale and smirked a bit "Hows your hand?" he scoffed sarcastically, since when the other punched him it only left a light bruise, nothing serious, compared to the soreness in his fist Gale was left with after punching his rock hard chest. He noticed Serena's gaze however, and didn't say anything more until Coin told them about why they were here. Talking about the success was only a formality, when really they were here for another mission. He sighed a bit "I think Serena has a point though, President Coin. Serena is an incredibly mockingjay and a great speaker, we all know that. But what helped us win their interest is the fact that I am from district 2, and knew people there. Two and One may be close with each other, but that doesn't mean they'll be as easily persuaded. I think we're pushing our luck going there...not only with the district itself, but the Capitol will be even more on guard there now, expecting us."

Gale's eyes narrowed as Cato spoke about his hand. "It's fine," he hissed back. In reality it was black and blue and actually a little swollen but he didn't want Cato to know that. "Anyhow," Coin interrupted to bring their attention back to her, "I understand your concern, but we believe we may be able to use some of this to our advantage. Cato they still know you. You're a familiar face to them."

"He killed their people to win his games just like I did," Serena commented.

"He's a career. District 1, 2, and 4 always allied with one another and supported one another. Now I didn't want to tell you this but District 4 has sides with the Capitol. They want nothing to do with us. The only other district that borders the Capitol is District 1. If we can gain 1's trust we will have a direct line into the Capitol. We will be fighting directly with the enemy," Coin said as she looked at them, "District 1 is extremely important to us. We can't afford to lose them."

"And if we get there and the Capitol is waiting and they kill us then what?" Gale asked. Coin let out a sigh and sat back quietly. "There is...no word of the Capitol being there," she said trying to sound optimistic.

"We could go there and they could be there in minutes. You said it yourself. District 1 borders the Capitol," Gale said quickly.

"Then at least they can use our deaths to promote their cause. Play the innocent card. So they can point to the Capitol and say 'Look they killed your Mockingjay and those who accompanied her'. Right?" Serena said as she eyed Coin. Coin didn't reply as her gaze shifted to Serena. "We're not just pawns in this. You can't just throw us into a pit of fire when you're done with us and watch us burn so that your future can look brighter. If you want to send me to 1 then fine, but you will not send these other 3 people on a suicide mission. Whether you want to admit it or not walking into District 1 is suicide."

Cat frowned a bit with narrowed eyes as Coin seemed to be basing their success off of the fact that he was a career. "Yeah, I am a career, just like district 1 and 4" he agreed as he glared at her a bit "And since you seem to know how allied the careers are, you must also know how easily we are to turn on our own when survival is on the line. In the games, we knew what we had to do. We'd stick it out supporting each other until the end, but when we were the last ones left and survival was on the line, none of us thought twice of killing a fellow careers. We survive off of our instincts. And regardless of being a career or not, that wont matter to district one if they believe they have a better change staying with the Capitol." he explained, before further pointing out "Why the hell do you think district 4 refuses to side with us? If your logic of district 1 siding with us because I am here and a career is right, then that should be the same for four. But obviously we know that isn't the case."

As much as the four of them may be in a fight with each other right now, they all seemed to clearly agree with each other on the fact that going to District 1 was suicide. Alice scoffed a bit when Coin simply said how there was no word of the Capitol being there "Information like that is useless. It doesn't matter if they're there or not. They'll know when we get there. They could have peacekeepers flooding the place before we even have time to board the transport and get it in the air" she argued.

As the four of them continued to voice their objections, and their logical ones at that, Alice only grew further irritated at the fact that Coin didn't seem to care too much about the obvious cons regarding this mission. She could care less about them, and even like Serena said, even if the mockingjay was killed, while it would be unfortunate, it would just be another thing she could use to her advantage. "I get that sacrifices are sometimes needed in war. I'm not naive enough to think things could be a perfect win for us on every aspect. But I'm starting to get real sick of fighting for a second Snow" she growled a bit. She might be willing to sacrifice herself for this rebellion, for all the districts to have freedom from the Capitol. But she wasn't willing to do it for someone like Coin, who clearly would just end up being a modified new version of what Snow is.

All of them had been fed up with Coin for a while and distrusted her. The four of them had started to question Coin's motives and decisions a while ago, and with each of her plans and moves, it only made it all the more clear that she wasn't someone that should be allowed to reign power. Cato figured maybe she wasn't such a bad person before the rebellion, and even upon the creation of it had the most honest of intentions. But she's let the power go to her head. Power was an infectious disease, often consuming those who had it, and this started to appear to be no different for Coin. Cato knew all to well, because he himself was nearly very much a victim of being consumed by the feeling of power. If it hadn't been for Serena, he very likely would have been too. But even still, he was a bit shocked to hear Alice directly insult and call out Coin like she had, saying she was just like Snow, and he wondered if she might have just made a mistake in voicing her objections to such an extent.

Coin was starting to grow annoyed with all of this. She was the president. What she says should go no matter at what cost it might come to. She didn't say that to the tributes but she wanted to. She could see the anger both in their eyes and hear it in the opinions. She opened her mouth to speak when suddenly there was a blast. The entire room shook and immediately security worked their way inside. "Madam President, we are taking heavy fire from Capitol bombing hovercrafts," one of the men notified.

"Get them below," Coin said regarding the tributes before heading to the control room.

"Oh now you want to save us," Gale snapped as he was pulled off by a security member. He made sure Alice came with him. He didn't want to lose her in all the chaos that was about to ensue.

Serena felt a man grasp her arm and quickly begin to usher her out of the building. She looked back and try to catch a glimpse of Cato but she had no such luck. "Let go," Serena said to the man. She didn't want to not have Cato by her side during all of this. Despite her demands the man didn't let her go and continued leading her on. "I said let go!" Serena snapped as she pulled at his grasp.

"Ms. Kinsley, we need to keep moving," he said as he tried to usher her on.

Alice could tell Coin was getting fed up with their complaints, and likely was about to dismiss everything they said and force them to go out anyways, but before she could say anything, a loud explosion could be heard as well as a faint shaking through the floors and walls. Her eyes widened a bit since it was the first they had actually every been attacked, so it surprised her, and within seconds they were being ushered out and lead further below underground. As they were being quickly escorted out of the room, Alice grabbed onto Gale's hand before they could be separated by the chaos and other people crowding into the same direction they were all going for safety.

"Still want to go to District 1?" she joked with Gale in light of the chaotic situation the district was suddenly thrown to. The lower they went, the more people they met up with that crowded around them as they descended the many stairs, Alice's grip on Gale's hand staying firm to be sure they didn't lose each other, since they had no idea what was going to really happen after this or when they'd be able to find each other.

Before any further arguing could take place, Cato found they were all distracted by what appeared to be an attack by the Capitol. Somehow they seemed to finally find them, something they hadn't yet been able to do. Or they were just taking wild guesses. He wouldn't be surprised at such a desperate attempt to hit them after their positive visit to District 2 the other day. Well, not positive for the four of them as what happened with them, but with the possible alliance and cooperation of the district, a career district so close to the Capitol.

As they were being ushered out of the room, Cato noticed the distance gaining between Serena and himself, and he quickly shoved the guy away from him so he could get past him - which wasn't hard to do with his build. He quickly appeared at Serena's side, pushing the man away from her with ease "Hey we're walking, we're walking, jeez" he glared at the man, though not too harshly since he knew he was just trying to get them to safety, and he continued on with Serena staying by her side.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back