• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Hunger Games rp (Closed)

The nurse found Alice's request childish, but humored her and rolled her bed to the next room and put the vacant one from that one in her original room. Alice thanked the woman before she had let her be for the night, and Alice got comfortable in her bed. Well, as comfortable as she could be, in the state she was in, anyways.

It hadn't taken her long to fall asleep, and come the next morning, she was still sound asleep when Gale had found her in the new room. It wasn't until about a half hour after he had arrived that she started to wake up, tolling her head over to one side as she yawned, eyes slowly opening before she saw Gale there, and gave him a sleepy smile "morning."

~

Cato was too worried about Serena to really be able to sleep properly. He had wrapped his arms around her securely, comforting her while she slept and smiling a bit at the way she would cuddle into him. It brought an unfamiliar warmth and sense of comfort to him to have her so close by his side while they slept. Eventually, he did fall asleep due to his exhaustion and the fact he himself was still needing a bit of recovery as well.

Come the next morning, he woke up to the feeling of something soft on his cheek. He shifted a bit, grumbling tiredly before he opened his eyes slowly, squinting at the light in the room before his eyes landed on Serena "Hey....good morning. How did you sleep?" he asked, moving to sit up so he could stretch a bit.

Serena smiled slightly as he sat up and stretch. It felt good to give a bit of a smile. Maybe the doctor was right. Maybe this would just take sometime for her to get over what had happened to her. She just felt safer with Cato next to her as well and she was sure that definitely helped. "Good morning," she said gently before nodding, "I slept well."

"They brought us something to eat," she said gently as she rolled over and grabbed one of the plates and handed it to him. She rolled back onto her side and snuggled into him, leaving the other plate behind and instead, wrapping her arms around him.
~
Gale rolled his eyes at her before smirking and walking into the room. "Good morning to you too," he said as he set the food down on the side table, "Ya know maybe I'm just going crazy but I thought you were in the room next door?" He knew exactly what she was trying to pull and it was a bit refreshing to know that even in her state she was still making jokes like these.

He set the two plates down on her bedside table and kissed her forehead. "I brought some breakfast for you because I wasn't sure what they would try to feed you," he added as he shook his head. He took a seat on a chair next to the bed and smiled at her. "So how are you feeling?"

As Alice woke up and was greeted with Gale beside her, she almost forgot about her little prank she attempted on Gale, until he brought it up. Remembering now, she guessed that by the tone of his voice it hadn't worked out quite as dramatically as she had been hoping. Smiling a bit, she gave a slight shrug of her shoulders "I guess you are going crazy then" she replied innocently.

Hearing him mention food, her eyes lit up a bit "Oh? What did you bring?" she asked curiously. She was technically on a strict diet and only being allowed to eat certain foods because of her health right now, but she wasn't one much for following rules and listening to doctors, so eating something that actually was good sounded very appetizing "I'm feeling okay. It at least doesn't feel like a task to talk today" she commented, before asking "Would you mind helping me sit up?" she asked softly, since she hadn't the strength in her own arms to pull herself up yet.

~

As Cato sat out a bit to stretch out his still slightly sore body, he looked to her as she spoke and smiled a bit when she slept well. Well, that was a positive, right? He was worried maybe she wouldn't sleep well with how not at ease her mind was about...well, a lot of things. He was glad though that at least while she was sleeping she could rest more peacefully. Hopefully the same would happen when she was awake sooner or later.

As he sat beside her on the bed, he thanked her when she handed him a plate but then noticed she wasn't eating. He frowned a bit, reaching a hand down and running it through her blond locks "Aren't you going to eat?" he asked, already knowing and able to tell she didn't want to, but knew that she needed to.

She laid her head down on the pillow next to him after she handed him the plate. When he looked down she didn't even have to wait to hear what he was about to say. "I'm not that hungry," she admitted as she looked up at him. That was partially a lie but at the same time she just didn't feel like eating. She didn't know it but Snow had messed with the hormones in her body. She no longer felt the need for self preservation, and though the 13 doctors weren't looking for that, they would eventually figure it out.

She didn't remember much about what had happened in the Capitol but again that was because of what they gave her. They didn't want her to be able to recount what had happened as that would just make it easier for the doctors to fix her up. The Capitol wanted to keep Serena away from the screen for as long as possible so they could make their own propaganda to try and uproot the rebellion.
~
He chuckled and rolled his eyes slightly. "With everything that's happened I wouldn't be surprised if they told me I was going insane," he admitted as he took a seat, "And well I brought some eggs, bacon, and a biscuit. That's what you usually get so I just...figured I'd bring it over. You don't have to eat it I just figured you might want something from the 13 cafeteria since you haven't had it in a while."

He didn't know about the strict diet that they had her on simply because he had been in the hospital himself when they were explaining everything to her. "Oh ya," he said with a smile. He stood up and slowly helped her straighten up. He tried to be as careful as he could because he knew she was in a tremendous amount of pain still. He set up her pillows so that she could lean against them instead of the hard headboard. "Is that better?" he asked gently.

Alice smiled and shook her head a bit "You never know. Insane might be a good look for you, it might not be all that bad" she continued to joke on, before he brought up how he had brought her food, and Alice was more than interested. Do to the kinds of held conditions she had, she was famished - and especially because the nurses were only trying to focus on certain foods for her to eat, ones that would help her recover the best and not upset her very weak immune system and body in the state it was currently in.

To hell with that though, Alice thought. If she was going to eat, she wanted to enjoy it. And either Gale felt similarly, or he didn't know about the limited foods she was allowed to eat. She guessed the later, since he was usually always the 'tough love' kind of figure who would make sure she did things as she was supposed to, even if she didn't want to. Wincing a bit as she struggled to sit up, even with Gale's help, she let out a sigh of relief and just leaned back against her prop of pillows that held her sitting up, relaxing for a moment since that took about all the little energy she had "Yeah, thanks" she said with a smile.

~

Cato sighed a bit when he got the sort of response that he was expecting. He knew it had to do something with her messed up mind and hormones from whatever Snow had done to her. He just shook his head a bit as he shifted to face Serena more "Come on, you really should try to eat. Even just a little?" he asked with a slight frown as he looked to her, before smirking "Come on, I'll even hand feed you myself" he winked with a grin "What could taste better than food fed to you by the great and hot Cato?" he grinned at her.

Well, he supposed it was a good thing that whether he was serious or not with how arrogant he could be sometimes, that Serena was one of few that actually found it funny. It was like his way of joking. Well, now it was, anyways, since Serena had helped him see things differently. He was still overconfident and arrogant, and quite genuinely about it too, but he knew how to make light of it with those he knew enjoyed it, like Serena. Unlike Gale though, who just pissed him off half the time - if not all of the time.

Serena looked up at him and smiled slightly. "I almost forgot how arrogant you were," she whispered before smiling up at him, "Thank you for reminding me." She found his arrogance funny even when no one else did. It was one of the things she loved about him: he could make her laugh.

She looked over at the food on the bed side table before sighing. She didn't really want to eat anything but she also didn't want to upset Cato. "Ok," she said gently before sitting up slightly. She adjusted her pillows so she could lean on them when she sat up. She put her head on Cato's shoulder.
~
Gale smirked slightly and shook his hand. "Please. Insanity would probably look as good on me as it looks on Cato," he replied, "Besides we've talked about this. Cato and his nuttiness doesn't look good on me." He handed her the plate and a fork and knife so she could properly.

"So any big plans for today?" he asked, "I mean who knows. Instead of moving one room, who knows maybe you'll move two?" He leaned back and ate a few pieces of eggs. "Are you feeling any better today?" he asked with a smile, "I'm sure the nurses have been doing everything to get you back up and going."

Alice smiled a bit when he said insanity wouldn't look good on him, just like it didn't with Cato and she shook her head in amusement. Now sitting up, she took the plate from Gale, and began to do what she usually did. She cut the biscuit in half horizontally, before placing some of the scrambled eggs on it and some of the bacon, making it into a sort of breakfast sandwich as she picked it up and took a bite.

Hearing him ask about her plans, she just raised an eyebrow at hi in confusion since obviously she couldn't really do anything, before he mentioned how she may do a big move of two rooms, and she rolled her eyes at his sarcasm. Taking another bite of her food, she nodded her head at his next question "I am, yeah. I'm not as cold as I was yesterday, so that's good I think" she said with a soft smile.

~

Cato smirked a bit happily when he saw her actually smile. Unlike yesterday, where she hadn't been able to manage a smile at him no matter what kind of jokes he threw at her or anything. He was really glad though, not only because he loved her smile, but also because it meant she was getting better, even if slowly. But surely, she was, and Cato could not be happier, since it was just further proof that she would pull through, and be just fine with a little more time.

"Any time" he grinned at her playfully, before she seemed to reluctantly give in to eating some food. Even if she didn't feel hungry, her body needed it still. And even aside from that, hopefully keeping up with a normal eating schedule would help her to grow her appetite back as well as the rest of her personality. As she sat up, he smiled to her and picked up some of the food with a fork and brought it to her mouth "Say 'ahhh'" he chuckled softly.

Serena smiled slightly and giggled as she shook her head. "I'm not 5," she said with a smile, before eating what he had on the fork. She played with his hair gently as she ate with him. She made sure that he would eat a few bites as well. She wanted to take care of him as well though it was difficult to do when she was in this state.

After she ate about half of the food, one of her nurses came in and smiled slightly. "Well I'm glad to see you finally smile," she said to Serena before giving her a slight smile back, "He may be the only medicine you need." Of course she was joking as she had about two pills for her to take. Serena popped them in her mouth before taking a drink of her orange juice.

"I want you to drink all of that orange juice," the nurse said with a smile, "It's good for you."
~
He smiled and shook his head as he took a bite of his own food. He missed the cafeteria food of 13. He didn't say that very often because it did get old after awhile but ever since he returned from the Capitol he thanked god that he had at least something to eat and promised he would never complain again.

"I wouldn't put it by you," he said with a smirk, "I'm almost afraid to leave because if I do you may be half way down the hall before I get back." He finished his plate and put it up on the table. He handed her the drink that he got her whenever she wanted it as she didn't want her to have to hold onto it since she was still very weak.

She smiled a bit when he said he wouldn't put it past her, and she lightly shrugged her shoulders "Gale really, I have no idea what you're talking about" she smiled innocently at the man. The same man that she knew she was falling for - actually, already had. As he handed her the glass of water for a sip, she thanked him before letting him take it and set it back down to the table.

Alice was taking another bite of her food when the nurse came in, and Alice froze a bit, still holding the makeshift breakfast sandwich to her mouth as the nurse just gave her a slightly annoyed expression "Miss Alice" she sighed heavily in a scolding tone, seeing the food in her hands. Alice just finished her bite, and smiled innocently while the nurse shook her head and looked to Gale "Gale, I'd like to request you refrain from bringing Alice food unless I have approved it beforehand. A specific diet of certain nutrients will allow her for a faster recovery."

~

Cato chuckled softly when she giggled and complained how she wasn't a toddler or anything, with the way he acted to helping her eat. He was glad to hear her laughing though, even if it was a small giggle. It honestly meant the world to him. She was going to be okay.

Smiling as he continued to eat with her, he was glad that she ate at least half before she stopped, and he could accept that. It was actually a decent amount of food, and a lot better than if she had just tried to take a few bites, and definitely better than nothing. As the nurse came in joking about him being her medicine, he smirked a bit, and just moved to the side a bit so the nurse could give her her medication and anything else she needed to do.

Serena looked at Cato as he got up. She wasn't sure where he was going but she intentionally kept an eye on him to make sure he wouldn't leave without saying goodbye. The nurse went ahead and checked her vitals before looking at Cato. "We are happy with the way things are looking," she explained, "We want to release her soon but we have orders from President coin that she is to be brought to her once she is released."

Serena looked at the nurse quietly and shook her head. "I don't want to see her," she said quietly as the nurse nodded before looking back to Cato. "We believe that she will want Serena back to work as soon as possible and we don't think she is quite ready for that," she continued, "So we think keeping her here would be for the best."
~
"Mhmm right," he replied with a smirk, "I bet you don't." He didn't really know what else to say to her. A part of him wanted to tell her how he really felt but another part wouldn't let him. What if she didn't want him like that? What if it destroyed their friendship? That was too much to bare.

He paused though before saying anything else when the nurse walked in. He looked to Alice before peering back at the nurse and he knew that one or both of them was in trouble. He groaned slightly before shaking his head. "Of course she didn't say anything," he said as he looked at Alice and then at the nurse, "Next time I'll make sure to run things by you first."

When the nurse had come in and began scolding Alice, she had a guilty look written all over her face that she had just been caught, and she looked a bit sheepishly over at Gale, feigning an innocent smile as he just sighed at the realization Alice had purposely lied to him. Well...if he used the term lied, Alice would clarify she didn't, and that instead she just....neglected to inform. But she technically never lied about anything.

As the nurse scolded her and Gale, she just pouted a bit while Gale apologized and assured he would run whatever food by the nurse first before giving it to her "Forgive me for wanting to enjoy my meals. A little food won't kill me" she pouted as the nurse just sighed, shaking her head before going on about checking on Alice's condition and her vitals.

~

Cato smiled reassuringly to Serena when he noticed her watching his movements intently, so he nodded to her silently assuring everything was fine, and he wasn't going anywhere. He just moved off the bed and to the side enough so that the nurse could move in and around Serena and check her vitals and anything else she needed to do to check up on her. He was glad to hear the nurse thought the same as him, and that she seemed well with improving so far.

Hearing her comment about Snow though, he frowned a bit, and glanced to Serena when she spoke of not wanting to see her. He agreed with the nurse who thought Coin would want Serena to be working as soon as possible, but was glad the nurse seemed to care more for Serena's health than Coin's missions and promos. Looking back to the nurse, he nodded a bit "Um...if at all possible, I'm really glad Serena is improving. But even still...do you think we could hold off maybe more than needed before we tell President Coin when Serena is able to be released? Even if you think she's okay to go, could we just hold her here a little longer...?" he said, knowing that the nurse would get he was trying to keep Serena from having to go to Coin the second she was cleared.

The nurse nodded slightly. "I couldn't agree more with you," she replied as she looked at Serena, "Many people don't see mental complications in the same light as physical complications, but it is important that we treat them similarly. I don't believe President Coin quite understands what we are dealing with here."

Serena looked at the nurse quietly. She didn't want to see Coin. She didn't want to be the mockingjay anymore. She wanted to be done. She hated all of the trouble she had gotten her friends into and she didn't want to continue it, but she knew if she said it she would be letting a lot of people down. It pressed on her mind ever since she returned from the Capitol. Perhaps this too was something they could fix.
~
In hindsight, Gale should have known better than to just blindly listen to Alice, especially when it came to things like her own health. She could be so stubborn even when the nurses were telling her to do something she would still refuse to listen to professional help.

He sat back and watched as the nurse checked her over. He was praying for good news. The last thing he wanted was to cause Alice more problems than she had come in with and with food no less. "How does she look?" Gale asked rather sheepishly after being scolded by the nurse. He would have to talk to Alice about that sooner rather than later.

Alice just pouted as the nurse had scolded them, and she sighed a bit "Don't scold Gale, I didn't tell him so it's not his fault" she said, at least wanting to spare Gale from getting lectured by the nurse. The woman just sighed a bit "Well you should have. Honestly Alice, you can be such a handful here in the medical wing" she shook her head, remembering the last time she was seriously injured, when they had picked her and the others up from the games and she was being stubborn about not using her leg.

As the woman checked Alice over, she glanced to Gale at his question, and seeing how nervous he looked now worried about the food. She smiled lightly "Don't worry, Mr. Hawthorne. One bad meal shouldn't have any negative affect" she assured him before finishing her check up on Alice "Her temperature still is abnormally low, but it's risen since yesterday. She's doing just fine" she assured with a light smile, before finishing a few more things up and then leaving the room.

~

Cato smiled with relief when the nurse didn't even seem bothered by his request, and in fact agreed with it. He was grateful the nurse was more dedicated to her actual job, rather than to President Coin. He nodded his head in agreement as she spoke of how mental issues were just as serious as physical ones could be "Thank you" he said before the woman finished up her check up, and soon left the two alone again.

Cato moved back to Serena's bedside, sitting down on the edge and smiling at her "See? It's only been a day and the doctor is already optimistic about your improvement so far. I told you you were stronger than this" he said with a smile, leaning forward and kissing her forehead lightly.

Serena listened to the nurse and found herself rather relieved that she wouldn't have to deal with Coin for a while. Maybe at least a week or so. She nodded slightly and once the nurse was finished, she left them alone for a while. She had been worried that she would try to kick Cato out but luckily that hadn't happened yet.

She let a small smile appear on her face as she felt his lips on her forehead. "Because of you," she said quietly, "I'm only getting better because of you. You...mean everything to me." And that was the truth. She cared deeply about him and it was now that he could really see how much he actually meant to her.
~
"Imagine dealing with her every day," Gale commented to the nurse who smiled and shook her head before heading out. He turned his attention back to her and gave her a look before crossing his arms. He should have known he needed to keep an eye on her better but he just really hadn't thought much of it. He should have because he knew how stubborn she was.

"Well I won't make that mistake again," he said before handing her some water and shaking his head, "You don't have to lie to me you know? You could just tell me the truth and say that you can't have this stuff. It's not going to hurt my feelings." Then again he knew exactly why she did it and it wasn't because she was afraid to hurt his feelings.

Alice rolled her eyes at the two who joked about her being a handful, and she just huffed with a childish pout on her cheeks as she looked to Gale "Well jeeze, if I'm such a bother you don't have to visit me and hang out with me every day" she pouted sarcastically at Gale, feigning hurt at his words.

As he spoke about being more careful with her and lightly scolding her about not having to lie to him or anything like that, she looked to him "I didn't lie to you" she defended stubbornly "I just...neglected to tell you. It's different" she argued in her defense. "Plus where would be the fun in telling you? You would have me eating mush if that's what I've been ordered to eat. The stuff they feed me is so bland and gross" she huffed childishly.

~

Cato turned his attention back to Serena as he happily commented about her improvement and progress already in getting better, and it showed that Cato was genuinely happy for her, and couldn't be happier. He smiled as she kissed his forehead, and after hearing her comment, he smiled "Well of course it's because of me" he joked arrogantly before moving to lay down on the bed and pulling her gently with him to lay down.

But really, her words warmed him, and he hugged her close as he cupped a hand to her cheek, kissing her sweetly "But really, it's not just me. Maybe I'm a strong motivation for you, which really makes me happy. But I think it's also because of how strong you are too. Honestly, you might even be stronger than me" he admitted before winking at her playfully "Don't let that get to your head though" he teased.

Serena giggled at his arrogance. She had missed that most of all in the capitol. She wasn't sure why though. Perhaps it was because Cato could always find a way to lighten up the mood. Sure there were times where he needed to be serious but they were far and few between. Perhaps that was what she found so comforting about him.

Either way she always liked having him by her side. She blushed slightly as Cato spoke and kissed carefully. "I'll try not to," she replied with a smile, "But I can't make any promises." She wasn't really the arrogant type but she liked teasing him. Perhaps one day she would act as arrogant as he does just to give him a taste of his own medicine.
~
"There's a lot of things that you're forgetting to tell me," he said back with a smirk, "You forgot to tell me about your strict diet, you forget to tell me about how you were switching rooms. I mean where does the list stop?" He couldn't help but smile at her. He couldn't stay mad at her. It was nearly impossible. She would have to really break his heart for her to hurt him that badly.

"Besides you lied by omission," he said with a smirk before leaning back in the chair, "And don't act like you don't know you're stubborn. I mean when you broke your leg you insisted on walking on it. I was about ready to tie you to a chair every time I left just to ensure that you wouldn't try to get up and walk around on your own."

Alice rolled her eyes "For you information Mr. Rule-follower, I didn't break my leg. I just had severe infection and wasn't allowed to use it. But I could just fine" she huffed stubbornly, but certainly not arguing with him about his comment about her being stubborn - she wouldn't argue there, because she knew fully well how stubborn she could be, so she wasn't going to try and argue with that.

She smiled a bit as he joked a bout her having a list now of things she forgot to tell him. She didn't know where her courage came with what she said next, following his words, but something inside her just decided to tell him, and, being the person she was, she had to be a bit teasing and playful about it still. Smiling a bit, she shrugged her shoulders "You're right. There are a lot of things I keep forgetting to tell you" she started, smiling as she looked to him "I guess that list doesn't stop yet, because there's something else I haven't told you yet."

~

Cato smiled as he looked at her, holding her close to him as he teased her about her being stronger and not letting it get to her head. He was happy to hear not only her laughing, but her joking back with him a bit and teasing how she'd make no promises. He couldn't help but smile - he was hopeful for her recovery, but she was getting better even faster than he had expected, and he was thrilled.

And her laugh. He didn't realize how much he had loved it until he hadn't heard it in so long and had really started to miss it. Smiling, he pecked her lips softly again as he gently ran his fingers through her hair "You have such an amazing laugh" he spoke softly, resting his head down on the pillow "I don't know what I would do without you, Serena....I mean really, who would I have to keep me in line?" he smirked a bit.

Serena smiled slightly when she heard him talk. She gently rested her head on his chest and listened before shaking her head. "No one," she replied, "They would all be scared of you." She smiled up at him before kissing his cheek and laying her head back down to rest on him.

She couldn't remember the last time she felt this relaxed. It certainly had been awhile. Between her mother's death, the games and the rebellion, she had little time to feel relaxed. Perhaps that was also something that had hurt her while she was in the Capitol. Maybe the stress had gotten to be too much for her, but Serena couldn't remember what the trigger was. Then again, it was probably best that she didn't remember.
~
Gale rolled his eyes playfully. "Like it really matters. Either way you were in the hospital and you weren't listening to anyone's advice including my own," he said before smirking over at her, "Perhaps we're wrong. Maybe Cato is rubbing off on YOU instead of me." He wasn't sure how that was possible because the two didn't spend much time together but maybe Cato's attitude was more infectious than he gave it credit for.

He tilted his head to the side in curiosity when she spoke up. "Oh ya?" he asked, "Great the list continues to get bigger." He smirked when he said that before leaning back in his chair and tried to relax a bit as he prepared himself for what was to come. "Alright what else do you have to tell me?" he asked.

Alice just grinned a bit sheepishly "You know I don't really like being told what to do. I couldn't help it" she whined childishly when he chided her for the point being that she didn't listen to the medical doctors or anything like that. She only rolled her eyes when Gale said Cato was rubbing off her on "Oh please, if he's rubbing off on anyone it's you" she commented with a smirk, before she got him going about how she had more to add to his list.

She smiled a bit as she could hear the curiosity in his voice and she certainly seemed to have his attention. She smirked as he spoke sarcastically of the list getting bigger, and she rolled her eyes "Welllll, I mean I guess I don't have to tell you" she taunted a bit, before he asked again, and she smiled a bit. "Well, for one I didn't tell you that I really appreciate you coming to save me" she spoke before adding "And I didn't tell you how happy I was to see you when you did. I also didn't tell you how you can be a little overprotective at times..." she trailed on before adding at last "But I think the biggest thing I haven't told you yet....is that I really like you. A lot."

~

Cato couldn't help but laugh a bit at her comment of how everyone would be too scared of him to want to help him, and keep him in line the way Serena did for him "Yeah, but I mean it's only fair. I'm a lot stronger than anyone else so obviously they'd fear me" he smirked confidently as he watched her move to rest her head on his chest, not minding as he just kept his arms around her.

As he laid there with her, Cato couldn't find himself more at peace, knowing everything was going to be okay. Serena was already getting better, which was easing his worries. Yesterday she couldn't really even smile, yet today she was a lot more, and even laughing too. Kissing the top of her head, he continued to run his fingers through her hair. He might not admit it, but she really did need him around...without her, he'd probably be still on the capitol's side, even fighting against district 13. He was glad that was not the case now, and he actually had come to care about the district as if it was the one he was born in and grew up in.

Serena kissed him gently before leaning back on his chest. "I didn't know it was possible for someone to be so strong," she said a slight smile on her face. She didn't mind feeding his ego a bit. She enjoyed his arrogance; it made her laugh.

She looked at him for a moment before letting out a sigh. "Do you...do you think I'm a bad person for all of this?" she said gently, "I mean...I uprooted you and your family. I'm causing all of these problems everywhere and I feel like...such a bad person for doing all of this to people who didn't even ask for it."
~
Gale smiled and shook his head. "You're really a handful you know that?" he asked with a smirk, "I mean so is Cato so I think I just proved you wrong. I'm not sure how he managed to get to you but you're officially a female version of Cato. Maybe that's why I have a hard time standing you all the time."

He was teasing her of course but he was a bit caught off guard by what she said next. He paused slightly and looked at her. "You...you like me?" he asked with a raise of his brow. No that couldn't be right. He had to have misheard her. She was way too good for him. She could do better than someone like him. Couldn't she?

She smiled a bit when he called her a handful "I know. I try" she grinned cheekily before he joked about her being the female Cato, and she just rolled her eyes "Oh please, you know you love being around me" She said before pausing and her face falling "Okay...that sounded like Cato. I apologize" she said shaking her head "If I say something like that again you have permission to smack me in the head."

When she finally ended up admitting her feelings to him, she felt kind of good about it. Not only to officially say it but...she felt confident that it would be okay, and she wouldn't ruin anything between them. She thought the signs had been kind of clear...regardless of Serena saying a while ago how it was obvious they were into each other...ever since yesterday it just confirmed it for her, when Gale kissed her, and the way he spoke...she was certain he liked her. When she got his surprised reaction though after admitting her feelings, and the way he questioned her, she paused, feeling her heart drop a bit, and misreading his reaction as something else, and thinking he didn't like her in the same way.

"O-oh....w-well I um..." she started awkwardly, feeling her heart in her throat as she quickly and awkwardly looked away "N-no, I was just joking...o-obviously, I um....forget about it" She stammered out as she looked away from him. She wasn't used to exposing herself, and being so open about her feelings especially. She'd only done it because she was confident he felt the same about her. So to think he was rejecting those feelings...she naturally started to try and guard herself with her walls again by denying what she said.

~

Cato grinned a bit as she only fed his ego - which he certainly wasn't complaining about. Gale might complain to Serena about it at another time though - when she was well, anyways. But Cato had actually gotten better too, to the point of where he didn't overly let things get to his head too much. He knew Serena adored and loved him, including his arrogant side, which is partly why she fed into it too.

When he heard her asking about what she was doing, and if she was wrong, Cato shook his head confidently "No, not at all" he said as he shifted a bit so he could look into her eyes better "You're one of the most empathetic, compassionate, loving people I know. You are the most, actually. You're not causing these problems. Snow and the Capitol are. You're healing these problems...you're helping people come together, so they can be happier. Don't let Snow make you think the problems he has caused are your fault" he said with a shake of his head.

Serena sighed slightly as he spoke and she nodded a little. "I know this is probably stupid to you but...I just feel so guilty. And I know you're right. I know the Capitol is to blame but...I just...I don't know what's wrong with my brain. They messed it up and I just...can't think straight," she said.

She got out of bed and paced for a moment. She hated this feeling. It made her skin crawl actually. It was like waking up to have all your beliefs just taken away from you. This must be how Cato felt when she was throwing a bunch of new information at him. "I...I think know now what you felt like when I was talking bad about the Capitol to you," she said quietly.
~
Gale chucked slightly. "I'm telling you, I think he's more influential than you think," he said with a chuckle, "I caught myself doing it to. It's actually pretty bad." He paused though when he heard her express feelings for her. He bit his lip and looked down at her.

"No no Alice," he said quietly with a shake of his head, "No...I...I really like you too. I mean there's no one in my life who's more important than you. Ever since I've met you I've been...well I've been happy. I mean actually happy not just smiling for the Capitol happy. I made me...think about things I've never thought about before. I can't imagine my life without you. When I thought I lost you, I was...o my god I was so livid I thought I was going to go hunt down snow right then and there."

When he shook his head and quickly spoke up, saying he really liked her too, she looked back over at him a bit hesitantly. She wasn't sure at first he if was just trying to make her feel better - since even though she tried to put the walls up and hide her feelings, she knew how he just had a way with seeing right through her. But she sat as the more he spoke, he was being serious, and she started to relax a bit, her fast beating heart of nerves calming down.

She smiled a bit in relief as she looked to him, hearing him explain how he was ready to hunt down Snow and she shook her head in amusement "I wouldn't have minded if you did that. A lot of people wouldn't have minded" she said with a smile, bit giggling a bit just at the relief that rushed through her after having her mini panic attack of embarrassment "Never mind, I hate you. You're mean for making me feel like such a fool for a second" she said with a shake of her head.

~

He frowned a bit as she started to go back into that worrying state, about the capitol, and what happened to her head and how she couldn't help but feel this way, even though the part of her still knew he was right and everything else. He sighed a bit softly "I know...it'll get better though.I know you can handle this" he assured her before watching as she got up out of his arms, and paced a bit.

He sighed a bit softly, moving to sit up on the edge of the bed, letting her pace and do what she wanted, as he just watched her for a moment as she spoke of this probably being like how he felt at first when Serena tried to get him to think differently. He smiled a bit, nodding his head lightly "It's not easy. But it does get better....your brain just needs to relax and process everything....everything will get better though. It clears out..." he assured her with a smile, trying to comfort her.

Serena looked at him carefully and smiled lightly. "Well I guess since I'm stronger than you and you made it then I guess I'm a shoo in," she commented with a smile, "I think I let it go to my head." She loved teasing him and she loved when he teased her back.

She walked back over to the bed and kissed his cheek before sitting down next to him. "Do you think I'll ever be able to be the mockingjay again?" she said quietly with a shake of her head, "I mean I guess I kind have to be. I mean without me you're kind of out of the job."
~
"I'm just too gorgeous for words," he teased her, "I tend to get the ladies all choked up." He chuckled and shook his head before taking her hand gently in his own. "I really do care about you, Alice," he said gently, "More than anyone else on this planet. Besides remember, if it weren't for you...that water would have swept me up and killed me in minutes."

He paused for a moment as he thought about the Games. He had to shake it from his mind before looking at her. "And I saved you a few times too so I guess your adoration makes sense," he said with a smile, "I think we make a pretty good team." He kissed her cheek gently.

Alice scoffed a bit with a roll of her eyes "Oh please, don't flatter yourself. Especially when they're blatant lies" she smirked a bit at him with an amused shake of her head. When he got a bit more serious though and took her hand, she smiled softly at his words, reassured of his feeling as he said how he really did care about her, and continued on.

She smiled a bit as he reflected back on the games and them both having saved each other. She shook her head in amusement "You really need to stop. If I were blind, I honestly might think you were none other than the real Cato right here before me" she told him with a smirk "before smiling as he kissed her cheek "Yeah...I think so too. I guess it's a good thing Serena said we look good together" she smirked a bit.

~

Cato smiled a bit when she spoke of being stronger than him, and how she let it go to her head. He shook his head a bit and just smiled as she came back into his arms "I lied. You can let it go to your head all you want. You deserve it" he said with a smile as he kissed her head, wrapping his arms around her once again.

As she asked about the mockingjay, he paused a moment in his thoughts of response, considering it "Well, it's be hard for anyone else to do it now. And I do think the people still need you. But you can take however long you need until you're ready to go back to work. Plus, just means I kind of get more days off too" he said with a shrug of his shoulders and a smile. "If you don't want to do it because of others though....then do it for me. After all, how will I live without a job?" he smirked jokingly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back