• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

BoomersAndMash

Hibernate and vibe
30 years ago a gate way opened that no one thought was possible. A gateway that brought in the world of our imagination to life. Dragons, werewolves, vampires, witches, wizards, warlocks just to name a few. Some saw it as the end of the world. Others saw it as the start of a new beginning. What was known then though was that everyone was holding their breath to see if this was going to be a start of a war or start of peace. To the shock of nearly everyone humans and the supernatural have learned to coexist with each other. Unlike the movies where those who are supernatural have tried to over throw the balance of power, or that of the human race becoming fearful and trying wipe out to which they can not understand, in a strange twist both sides have created a path of peace.

Both sides did not want bloodshed. Both sides did not want to see the horrors of war and to see their people die to a useless battle. And though indeed the supernatural are born with more power than humans the God complex did not set into their heads. Well not to all of their heads. A few of the supernatural disagreed with the path to peace and saw the humans as nothing more than wasted space to a world in which they should rule. When they saw that they're way was not going to be, small pockets broke off. They saw themselves as the true leaders of this world and called themselves The Coven. And some humans did not agree with trusting the supernatural up front and were worried of betrayal. They demanded that something was to be done, especially with The Coven formed and looking to cause harm in a fragile peace.

In quick secession two things were then created. One was the Athena program, a government program that was to keep watch over the safety of the humans and supernatural. It was created to combat The Coven and any renegade supernatural. Athena was almost like that to which a police force is to a human. Both humans and supernatural work together in this program and assist each other.

The second thing that was created was Bounties. Bounties were created to allow law enforcement to hire guns for hire, or Hunters as they like to be called and go out to tag and bag unruly supernatural that Athena sees low on the radar. There have been some cases though where law enforcement couldn't wait for Athena to drop in for help and would pull out a bounty on a bigger target, like that of members of The Coven. Again Hunters are a mix of humans and supernatural. Some supernatural prefer to be Hunters than join Athena due to having more free roam in the rules.

It's been 30 years now, 30 years and The Coven is still around. They are waiting for the perfect time to strike, waiting for Athena to be weakened enough that they will be knocked out. Then they will strike. Will Athena be prepared? Will Hunters be able to assist in a battle that is soon to come? What side do you pick? Or will you pick a new faction that has come out of the shadows? A new faction that calls themselves The Hive, who believes that humans and supernatural should live as equals and under one authority, their authority. Their goal is to destroy Athena, Coven and the Hunters and to also destroy "free will" by having everyone under mind control. Though this information is not public knowledge, they are only seen as unifiers and try to please the public by having a positive image. So far for now The Hive is looked at as a cult and is low on the radar of the other factions.​

Last edited:
I'm interested though I may have a few questions to run by.

I also had a question: is there a definitive list of all the supernatural beings that came in? Just so I can see my options for a character

I don't have a list yet, I honestly like to leave it up to the people. All I ask is that folks don't go super silly or crazy. Like a unicorn zombie who can fire rainbows out of it's eyes. But I'm free game to anything.

My main question that someone else has already asked is how many characters we can make

My main question that someone else has already asked is how many characters we can make
I'm ok with up to 3. If you think you can do more characters please ask me first. Also if you wish to create a new group besides the three I have you are more than welcome to do that. I have in mind that some of the people and supernatural don't agree with Athena's rule.

Last edited:
I don't have a list yet, I honestly like to leave it up to the people. All I ask is that folks don't go super silly or crazy. Like a unicorn zombie who can fire rainbows out of it's eyes. But I'm free game to anything.
Cool ^^ I finished my character sheet!!

Thank You, Do all the characters have to be in one of the 3 groups or could a character just be a concerned civilian who wants to keep the peace but wouldn’t necessarily be very useful in combat?

Thank You, Do all the characters have to be in one of the 3 groups or could a character just be a concerned civilian who wants to keep the peace but wouldn’t necessarily be very useful in combat?
They can be citizens. I've been allowing folks to branch away from the three factions/make their own.

Bump, we need some Coven members and Athena members. If you have any questions please post in the OOC thread and I will answer them ASAP!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back