Howl of the Stray

((ok, good o_o))

Once they were up, Skie said, "well, it's not much, but... it's out-of-the-way, and no humans can see me; because of its height, there's a bunch of scents that get carried this high up that I can smell. I was here when I smelled the steak back at the City."

((yeah~ two other people joined, but... o.e ditchers))

((Lol, I guess so. Since they haven't posted yet lol. I guess you could tag them and ask if they're going to join in?))

Raven turned human again, sitting down and looking around. "Makes sense." She said in her same emotionless voice. "You can see for miles up here."

Ok. No biggie. I'll just change her power and I'll have to make a boy tomorrow. Mia's power is....hmmm...could it be having a voice like the Mythological Greek Sirens? ♪♭♪…

((oooh yeah that's a cool power!!))

"Yeah, it has a cool view of the sunrise, if I get up that early, which I usually don't," Skie said, laughing.

Then she asked, "Wanna stay here with me? I could use some company, and it's certainly easier to swipe stuff with two rather than one."

((srry, WB....)) ((lol just realized I used "yeah" and "cool' each twice... right next to each other... xD ))

((Lol, nice))

"Umm, sure." She said. Usually people didn't want her around, but she wasn't going to complain if someone did for once.

Name:

Lucas Ray Nightrain

Nickname:

Luke, Ray, Nightingale

Male

Race:

Merge (Nightingale)

Powers:

The ability to control plants with his mind.

Looks:

images

Personality:

Meet him

Crush:

"Free as a bird."

History:

Lucas grew up in Winter Valley with his twin sister and foster parents. His sister and parents had gone to a meeting for his sister. She had gotten into big trouble at school this time. It was only supposed to be an hour long. Lucas waited at home for hours into the late night. He had heard gunshots down the block, close to the school. He figured it was just a few kids doing target practice. Little did he know they were assassins. When he heard the slam of a gun against the door he raced out the back, running until he couldn't run anymore.

More about them:

Lucas has his life planned out and will fight if someone or something tries to get in the way of those plans. He mostly relies on his power during fighting.

accepted ;D

ic: "Yaay!" Skie said.

"It's usually so drab and dull around here, no excitement whatsoever, unless Fallen come... then, it's fun. Fallen are the Fallen Winged army that passes by the town every so-often, and, to get to the town, they usually pass by here. I fly above them and make them fall into the river," she laughed, "and they don't know what hit them!"

Suddenly, there came a sound of rustling leaves and marching feet through the forest.

"Oh, that's them now! They must've heard of the meat we swiped. Their leader's in charge of the City of Ferns, and many other cities, and if anyone steals anything, even as little as a piece of meat, he gets really mad. And since I've been swiping things from the city for a few months now, the Fallen come at the slightest notice. Hear them? Wanna go dunk some Fallen in the river?" Skie giggled again.

Raven raised an eyebrow. "You realize I'm a cat merge, right?" She said. What was this girl thinking? A cat, almost a kitten, was no match for a Fallen. She could get a few scratches in maybe, but then she'd be killed. "I'm more of a strike-when-no-one's-looking kind of person."

"Oh. Well, you could go in your human form! Don't you have a weapon?" Skie didn't see any weapons on the girl, but maybe she had a concealed one. "A long-range one could be best. But I mean, Fallen aren't agile. Yeah, they have wings, but they certainly aren't as fast as you! Remember how you stole the meat? You ran like lightening to grab it and run, the guy didn't know what hit him. You could run between their legs or around them and make them trip and fall... Or you could use my rope-hook," Skie offered, gesturing to the rope tied at her waist, "But make up your mind! I can hear them coming... I guess you could also stay here if you want, or watch from the trees, but it'd be fun!... and why don't you have a weapon?"

((Skie doesn't know Raven uses magic))

"I do... kind of have a weapon..." Raven said quietly. She didn't really want anyone to know about her magic, but she figured Skie was a nice person, not out to attack her later, and so maybe she could bend her privacy rule. Just this once. "I'm a magic user. A witch, I guess you could say. I can fight with magic, or..." She waved her had straight down and a long white bow appeared, a quiver of white arrows hanging from it. "I can conjure a weapon..."

"Woahhh!" Skie whispered (the Fallen were almost right below them, "That's cool! Now do you wanna beat 'em to the river?? You c'n shoot at their feet and make 'em fall!"

Raven nodded, staying silent so they wouldn't be overheard. She aimed an arrow at the ground right in front of them, hoping the sudden movement so close would at least make them stumble, giving Skie a chance to have her fun. She took careful aim and released.

With Raven's arrow as a distraction, Skie leapt down from the branches above the Fallen and shoved one into another, causing both to stumble into the river. As one grabbed her shoulder, Skie merged into a wolf and bit their hand, hard, causing them to let go in agony. Skie pushed them in the fast-flowing waters, too. Then, when more Fallen gathered around her, Skie shot out her wings and half-leapt, half-flew back up into the branches. When the Fallen whipped their wings out, too, Skie, still as a wolf, said, "This is the fun part. Run!" Then she bounded back to the ground, hoping Raven would follow her, and raced off into the forest, unscathed by the Fallen. She laughed maniacally.

Raven's mouth dropped. She merged into a cat and leapt from the tree, landing on her feet and taking off after Skie.

Skie laughed in her wolf form. "Isn't this great? We're so much faster than them that it's not even that much of a challenge. You can hear them cussing behind us; they're really pissed they can't catch up. Unless they take off, it won't be that hard to escape. And they normally don't ta-" Skie was cut off by a crazy cackle coming from just above their heads. Looking up, Skie saw a Fallen. "We normally don't take off, is that so?" The Fallen said, "Well, unlike you, we're not complete idiots, and we know how to catch a couple of fugitives."

Wait, fugitives? Since when is a meat-swiper a fugitive? Skie thought. Uh-oh... The Fallen had pulled out a net as another brought a car around front of them, cutting them off. There were a couple trees around, but none were within leaping distance for Skie, and she didn't have enough time to unfold her wings. Crap, she thought.

Raven saw that they were setting a trap and skidded to a halt. She tripped over her own feet and rolled, changing into her human form to try to stop. She looked up as a car pulled up in front of them "Skie, stop!" she called.

Skie yelped and tried to stop before banging into the car. "Ouch..." She pulled her head up, in human form, and looked around. They were surrounded by Fallen, and the one that had set the trap threw a net out...

Raven rolled out of the way of the net, and immediately conjured a knife to cut it apart to set Skie free as well.

"Thanks," Skie mouthed to Raven, then thrust out her wings and flew into the trees. She shot her rope-claw down and popped one of the car's tires. Then, swooping down and attacking the Fallen with her claws, Skie said, "No, this is the fun part!"

Raven turned into a cat and jumped onto the back of one of the Fallen, digging her claws in as they frantically reached around their body to try to remove her.

Skie laughed at the Fallen who had Raven stuck to his back, and flew back upward, waiting for the Fallen to follow her. When some finally whipped out their wings, and Skie flew higher to evade them, she looked down and saw the magnitude ((heehee... big word xD )) of the problem they were dealing with. There were Fallen everywhere, as far as the eye could see. She called down to Raven, telling her to try to get back to the fort, then changed her mind and swooped down to pick the small cat up. Then they were in the air again, with Fallen on their tail, trying to get back to the fort. Skie realized that there would be Fallen all over near the fort, too, so she turned around, dodged the un-agile Fallen, and flew to the City so they could blend in there as humans.

Raven looked around as Skie flew them towards the city. She looked down and saw all of the Fallen that had surrounded them. "Where do we go now?" She asked.

"We blend in at the City, and get some inconspicuous (( :D another big word)) clothes and then..." Skie paused, "I guess we'll have to leave. We could try to go back to the fort, but everyone knows by now who we are, and even if we get complete makeovers we'll still be recognizable as "those kids who change into animals". I mean, how many Merges are there? We could try to get to somewhere where there's more of us, I guess. I don't know..."

As they landed at the city, the Fallen that were following them circled back to join the rest of the Fallen as they marched to the City. Skie said, "well, if we do leave, we have to leave soon. The Fallen'll probably be at the City within half an hour, and we'd need to get new clothes, change, eat a lot, and grab some food too. So? We hafta decide now: Leave? If so, where to?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back