How NOT to Roleplay!

I know everyone just adores when they're trying to have fun and rp and the ONE person that has no English skills whatsoever won't leave YOU specifically alone until you respond to god knows what it is they're trying to say.
Oh, and if you don't, isn't it great being called a bully for not knowing what they mean by "th t jus foop"?
Yeah because you totally deserve that, right?
Right?

(Still trying to figure out what "th t jus foop" was supposed to mean)

I know everyone just adores when they're trying to have fun and rp and the ONE person that has no English skills whatsoever won't leave YOU specifically alone until you respond to god knows what it is they're trying to say.
Oh, and if you don't, isn't it great being called a bully for not knowing what they mean by "th t jus foop"?
Yeah because you totally deserve that, right?
Right?

(Still trying to figure out what "th t jus foop" was supposed to mean)
That's just poop?
That just boop?
That's just a fool?
I give up, I have no idea. XD

Yo Imma let you finish but

Can I just add that my favorite thing about RPing is when you're really damn excited about an idea, and then you read the first post, and honestly who cares about punctuation? Who cares about grammar? Who cares about writing something original? Who cares about knowing basic writing mechanics before progressing to the actual content of the piece? Writing, after all, is all about quantity over quality. Yes, you go ahead and use all those comma splices and run-ons and incorrect usage of quotation tags to take up half the page and impress everyone.

It's also common etiquette to happily accept someone's offer to give little grammatical reminders/explanations of rules, and then shoot back (in response to a thorough message genuinely intended to help), "I'm not the only person who writes like that tho, everyone else does it :/" and proceed to ignore all other messages containing such things as "I wasn't personally attacking you" and "just because everyone does it doesn't mean it's correct" and "this is a good learning experience then!" Love. It.

And you guys should take over Google Translate.

I love posting from my mobile, typing for half an hour only to have it refresh, die or to realize that I've apparently only typed about 3 sentences only once I get home, hours after posting, feeling very stupid.

When I used to rp a lot more than I do now, if I didn't reply they'd do this thing I loved so much.
Y'know, the beloved tradition of going through 50 more pages while I was gone, thus ripping my character from the plot entirely, and then having the glorious gall to tell me to read through said 50 or more pages.
Hence my amazing and lengthy experience, tapping my screen rapidly with my lovely, strangely ticklish fingers that made me stop every five words.

"I'm gonna do back and forth dialogue with this one person for 400 pages"
"Ok, that's great, I'll make sure to read you say variations of the same things fifty times before one of you stops to go to bed"
"Sounds like a plan"

GM: I'm just gonna make my character the most important character and you can be there I guess
Me: Wow, thank you, I am honored to be in the presence of your mary sue character *bow*

You know what I love? After writing the most horrendous and offensively bad post (haphazard capitalization, no paragraph breaks, spelling errors such as "wasent"), the person RPing your love interest decides to hop in and godmod your character. Oh, and they're too important (and getting with my OC is too important) for them to read my post and realize that nowhere in it did I mention seeing them, yet in their world my OC was walking over to them smiling and returning a handshake (which my OC 100% wouldn't have done, trust me). And our quality romance began with "he had a thing for short girls." Nice character and relationship development right there. I'm blown away.

The best thing though is when someone starts writing smut about their own two OC's using terms such as "fleshy love tunnel." If you're going to write your own two characters getting into R-rated shenanigans then RPing is not the venue for you my friend.

(Oh god XD)
I love when I spend hours coming up with a really cool character, specifically tailored to fit perfectly into the setting of the rp, that isn't edgy or op and whatnot, my best work... And the gm never starts because they were too busy with other rps. Like, thank you, I worked on the coding to make it pretty, too, because I'm a masochist and I love when people trash my hard work that most certainly will not fit anywhere else unless I revamp the whole thing, and cram the character in.
(Holy biscuits, someone's drilling or something and it sounds like a wimpy airhorn.)

You know what I love? After writing the most horrendous and offensively bad post (haphazard capitalization, no paragraph breaks, spelling errors such as "wasent"), the person RPing your love interest decides to hop in and godmod your character. Oh, and they're too important (and getting with my OC is too important) for them to read my post and realize that nowhere in it did I mention seeing them, yet in their world my OC was walking over to them smiling and returning a handshake (which my OC 100% wouldn't have done, trust me). And our quality romance began with "he had a thing for short girls." Nice character and relationship development right there. I'm blown away.

I mean honestly, most of my relationships have started that way, just sayin'

*chuckles rather disturbingly* o-o-oh boys and girls? Might I have a really good idea for how I'll roleplay! Now, I'm going to make a character that doesn't fit into the scene. However, I'm going to try as hard as I can to force my character down peoples' throats. Let them choke on my character. Oh wait, that's not even the best part. I'm going to make them OP as all hell! Not even a flick from one's finger will ever land! Even when people are raising concern about me, and deliberately comment in the RP that "I punched at him, although by this point he'd probably use stupid magic to dodge this yet again" I would not catch the irony and dodge it anyways! And the Roleplay is more fun that way for all, right?

i am going to make the best character ever, i'm going make an empowered woman who owns her sexuality like Bayonetta. she runs around in a corset, thong and thighboots because she wants to flaunt her power over her amazing curvaceous body. everything she picks up can be used as a weapon, she is an Umbrae Witch because Umbrae Witches are all about sexual empowerment, and she is a half elf because half elves are hot and have high charisma. she is a badass murderer who cares little for men and only puts out for a woman's caress, and she is a rogue/monk/warlock.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back