How NOT to Roleplay!

You know what I just love?! I love it when you post literally one word in response to my thought-out post! And do you know what I love even more?! When you do it several times! And when it's just "Yeah.", it's so thought-inspiring and makes me really think about my stance in life, and how emotions can truly make a difference!

I know a lot of my posts are short. But I try to at least post one full sentence. That is the minimum. I don't really go above 1 paragraph a lot of the time. But really, one word? That's bad by my standards.

You know what I just love?! I love it when you post literally one word in response to my thought-out post! And do you know what I love even more?! When you do it several times! And when it's just "Yeah.", it's so thought-inspiring and makes me really think about my stance in life, and how emotions can truly make a difference!

I know a lot of my posts are short. But I try to at least post one full sentence. That is the minimum. I don't really go above 1 paragraph a lot of the time. But really, one word? That's bad by my standards.

yeah

I just adore finding m/m search threads only to realize OP wants to play either creepy incest stuff or over the top ~deep and meaningful~ gayngst, not like that's a tired trope or anything.

oh yeah, i just love how your character's faceclaim is one of the same Hollywood celebrities everybody else uses. if you wanted to use an attractive muscular male for your highly athletic and highly attractive Action Hero? have you considered the wide variety of Athletic, Intelligent and Attractive Hockey players in the NHL. Pittsburgh Penguins are loaded with them. even a Cosplayer or Anime image would be more original.

lol, faceclaims. I remember when I first started hearing that term and I was like, are these idiots serious, I couldn't believe it was a real thing

lol, faceclaims. I remember when I first started hearing that term and I was like, are these idiots serious, I couldn't believe it was a real thing

Rather see somebody use Kris Letang as a Faceclaim for their Athletic Attractive Male Action Hero than the same Hollywood Actors everybody else uses. but i'm more of a Fan of using either Anime Images, Drawings or Cosplayers or Edits of Anime Images or Drawings. i'd rather deal with a Badly Recolored Sebastian Michaelis or a Badly Recolored Dante than another Arnold Schwarzenegger or the like.

Rather see somebody use Kris Letang as a Faceclaim for their Athletic Attractive Male Action Hero than the same Hollywood Actors everybody else uses. but i'm more of a Fan of using either Anime Images, Drawings or Cosplayers or Edits of Anime Images or Drawings. i'd rather deal with a Badly Recolored Sebastian Michaelis or a Badly Recolored Dante than another Arnold Schwarzenegger or the like.

i'd rather people not assume they can use a person's likeness without their permission, and then presume to tell other people what images they can and can't use for their characters

the amount of cancer with this shit is incomprehensible

i'd rather people not assume they can use a person's likeness without their permission, and then presume to tell other people what images they can and can't use for their characters

the amount of cancer with this shit is incomprehensible

i agree you shouldn't use a real person's likeness. i was just bringing up, that there would be plenty of likenesses that would stand out more in the crowd of other people using the same likenesses if you have to use somebody's likeness. i would rather the likenesses of real people not be used at all.

Last edited:
Oh yes why I remember when I used to do the VERY BEST OF ALL THINGS and make all my characters look like famous tweeny stars - Demi Lovato was my LIFE and she got to be all the coolest characters in all my roleplays. Ooh and when i made all my character super happy and kind of dense but with really awful horrible stuff happening in their backstories that they had to over come because obviously that is like the ONLY way ever to show character depth, amirite or amirite?

Last edited:
I just love it when someone gets back to me with "I saw your thread and I'm very interested!!!" and after the initial response or the very introduction of the roleplay I never see them again.

You know what I love? When you had a whole laundry list of things to sarcasm about and then see all these chuckleheads beat you to the punch!

Curses, foiled again!

Players who want to use OOC drama to get extra attention IC, or people who are more entertained by creating trouble in game or between players than actually enjoying the RP...

Seriously, take your weird meta-sabotage someplace else.

Wow, your character's parents are super against him being gay? What a surprising plot twist, and what a source for so much angst! I'm almost impressed by this amazingly deep backstory and deeply rooted family issues! I would never do anything like that

Ya know another thing you should totally do at all times and that will totally make people love you for eternity?

Why give them clear and totally reasonable explanations of when they should be on. This of course means they need to be available at all times day and night to talk to you or reply to your totally awesome and amazing one sentence response literally the second after you post it.

And if they attempt to be coy and tell you they have things like school or job why obviously you should have a good chuckle at their little joke.

I mean we all know that no one on the internet had any kind of life in real life and is physically chained to their inter webs device. They all have the same sleep pattern to ( 3 hours every other day ) and they have achieved mastery on the sacred ability of eating while remaining glued to a interwebs device.

All of which allows for total access to all Roleplays 24/7/365

Something I absolutely love is when the person I rp with builds their characters as the most dramatic and problematic ever, always having the most terrible and heartbreaking problems when you just have to be a listener and comprehend and comfort, and if you don't, they aren't just satisfied enough.

Ya know another thing you should totally do at all times and that will totally make people love you for eternity?

Why give them clear and totally reasonable explanations of when they should be on. This of course means they need to be available at all times day and night to talk to you or reply to your totally awesome and amazing one sentence response literally the second after you post it.

And if they attempt to be coy and tell you they have things like school or job why obviously you should have a good chuckle at their little joke.

I mean we all know that no one on the internet had any kind of life in real life and is physically chained to their inter webs device. They all have the same sleep pattern to ( 3 hours every other day ) and they have achieved mastery on the sacred ability of eating while remaining glued to a interwebs device.

All of which allows for total access to all Roleplays 24/7/365

You seriously still don't have a neural internet implant in 2017? lmao what a scrub

You'd rather focus on the quality of your writing than meeting the arbitrary number of paragraphs I require for every post, including dialogue? Get lost scrub.

Always make sure that when someone writes out a detailed response in a fight to make sure that you no-sell it by using such impressive terms like Dodge and block. In the end it's all about winning and not about the sake of developing plot for the story.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back