How NOT to Roleplay!

i am going to make the best character ever, i'm going make an empowered woman who owns her sexuality like Bayonetta. she runs around in a corset, thong and thighboots because she wants to flaunt her power over her amazing curvaceous body. everything she picks up can be used as a weapon, she is an Umbrae Witch because Umbrae Witches are all about sexual empowerment, and she is a half elf because half elves are hot and have high charisma. she is a badass murderer who cares little for men and only puts out for a woman's caress, and she is a rogue/monk/warlock.

Ok but she sounds like 10 / 10 would smash tho

Oh you know how this is an adventure roleplay in the present world? My person has cat ears and three tails and is super kawaii

i'm a kawaii little anime girl wandering around the wasteland. i run around in a princess dress with cute butterfly wings and i carry an axe in my left hand that weighs quintuple the sum of my entire body's mass. i can totally dodge bullets and instantly close the gap before you can reload your gun, i was an elite killing machine before i turned seven. please don't steal my teddy bear or else your head will be hanging off a pike in the next town. okies?

I'm a little kawaii anime girl and I'm sweet until you anger me, god forbid you touch my senpai. Every sentence that comes out of my kawaii mouth has at least one japanese word, and that word is probably misspelled or means soup instead of whatever I think it means, nya~! Kyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa Danny-kun knocked my books out of my kawaii handsssss, I'm going to secretly plot his murder because I'm a kawaii neko yandere, desu ne~~~~~~~????????

Do you know what I love? I just love it when the character your character is trying to have a conversation with just... leaves the room mid-way. Better yet, when they decline to specify which room their character is currently in, why exactly they left the room in the first place, or how exactly the RP is supposed to advance from that point on.

I just... love it when replying to those instances, blindly following their character around an area in which their character realistically should have no knowledge of. No no no, never mind that I was previously trying to have our characters interact with each other, you know, the whole reason we're doing this RP thing in the first place.

Looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooove it.

Do you know what I love? I just love it when the character your character is trying to have a conversation with just... leaves the room mid-way. Better yet, when they decline to specify which room their character is currently in, why exactly they left the room in the first place, or how exactly the RP is supposed to advance from that point on.

I just... love it when replying to those instances, blindly following their character around an area in which their character realistically should have no knowledge of. No no no, never mind that I was previously trying to have our characters interact with each other, you know, the whole reason we're doing this RP thing in the first place.

Looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooove it.
Oh god that.
It's the reason I'm good at rping multiple characters, because people will actively avoid rping on a freaking roleplay site, isn't that amazing XD

i just love when people don't pay attention to the minor differences in other peoples characters or don't pay attention to descriptions.

Umbrie is the Sweet and Friendly one, Pyrus is the Sadistic Pyromanic Priestess.

people ask, "Why is Umbrie burning me?" and i tell them "You got the Wrong Faerie. i RP multiple Faeries. Pyrus is the one burning you."

i have different faeries for different personalities or different moods based on the tone of the story and the kind of character i feel like playing. Pyrus is my Sadistic Fey Priestess who Melts Faces, Kicks ass and Takes names, Rinnie is my Timid Storm Fey for when i feel like playing a Shy Performer, because card tricks are cool, Umbrie i normally play in Political intrigue Games because she is built to do a lot of talking and carousing, Aquina i normally play when i feel like being Obnoxious and want to slip a little bit of badly played deadpool into the roleplay, Ilina i typically insert when i need a youthful fey that plays the role of mother figure, Terrucia i play when the group asks for an Amazonian Warrior, and Lumie i play when the Group needs an Oblivious Paladin, but Conflitta i play when the Group needs a mentor figure with a diverse skillset that isn't excessively minmaxed to push them into the story.

I love when people don't respond for a week and when they finally do, I'm not checking or being notified so they start pming me like they need me to diffuse a bomb.

i love it when people assume my characters are all exactly the same just because they are all the same type of fey and try to please the the same way you would please an underage anime girl. sorry, but most of my faeries are more than old enough to know about the happy meal and stuffed toy trick used by child traffickers and would not ever fall for it.

I love that so many people only ever rp people under 20 and go full teen angst during a roleplay

Did you know? Only people under the age of 20 can save the world. Professional militaries? Police forces? Judicial systems? Nah lol I got magic n shit

People with actual fighting skills? Nah, I'm a high school dude, I'll use my badass katana that I carry around with me like I'm a cliche protagonist that is for some reason allowed to bring a weapon onto the school's campus. Screw being a bit older with actual fighting experience, I'm 17 and don't even know how to use a graphing calculator.

Oh yeah never mind there's more technique in just un-sheathing the damn thing than I've ever even put into masturbating, which is the only activity into which I have ever put any effort in my brief and utterly irrelevant blip of an existence on this world

i usually don't play human characters that are younger than thirteen or older than thirty. but i do use slow aging fey humanoids of old age who could pass for teenagers. i usually don't play seasoned warriors, i usually play highly intelligent and charismatic characters with small frames.

I mean honestly even the worst character can be written well

I literally made an intentional mary sue and most of the people I play her with think she's fun

Or they're too polite to tell me to go F myself and honestly that's pretty much good enough?

I love when people unironically and horrifically roleplay a mary sue that doesn't fit the setting in the slightest
Good job, ya really reinvented... Something
Uhck

Where did I go wrong
I lost a friend
Somewhere along in the bitterness
And I would have stayed up with you all night
Had I known
ho w to s av e a lif e

Real talk - cliche teen bs doesn't actually bother me so much. Mostly because I became a teenager as the interwebs was just hitting its groove and have had my own cliche Whiney bs immortalized in all its cringe-y glory.

So I just take it with a grain of salt. As long as said cliche b.s. Does not extend to like those super fun tropes of

Total mind control and like for real I'll ( tweenie rper ) just write for my character and your ( geeks ) character and basically turn this into awkward fanfic by hijaking your character and making them like a bazillion times cooler by adding unrealistic interactions , ninja skills, and possibly laser eyes.

As the rock says - Your Welcome

if i have a younger character with ninja skills, they likely don't have much else besides said ninja skills and are likely closer to a historical ninja than a fantasy ninja in the sense they use their acting skills to come across as something harmless and nonthreatenng. but i usually give my characters training in some kind of performance or deception related skill. i go for intelligence and charisma ninja rather than agility ninja.

if i have a younger character with ninja skills, they likely don't have much else besides said ninja skills and are likely closer to a historical ninja than a fantasy ninja in the sense they use their acting skills to come across as something harmless and nonthreatenng. but i usually give my characters training in some kind of performance or deception related skill. i go for intelligence and charisma ninja rather than agility ninja.

lol I was being sarcastic dear. I wasn't actually calling anything specific out I was just making a sarcastic reference to people "improving" perfectly well rounded characters by making them either mindless arm candy or Xtreme badasses all to serve their own narrative regardless of whether that was something that was agreed to by their partner

Users who are viewing this thread

Back