Experiences How many RP sites are you using right now?

Crow

Top-tier Avian Master
I have always been the juggling type. I see a new site, I don't want to rid of the old one, so I use them both. Sometimes I leave if the site rots, sometimes I stay if I'm feeling nostalgic. To say that I'm a migrator is inaccurate, because I'm not exactly migrating from point A to point B if I'm at both point A and B simultaneously. As of right now, I am juggling say... 4 sites? Possibly 5? With this being the most active of them.

So, how many RP sites (includes sites that aren't RP sites but you're using their RP section anyways, if those still have active RP sections) are you using right now? How do you balance your activity there? Do you divide sites based on what you use them for?

Over the years, I'm sure I've registered to easily over a dozen places... But I tend to whittle down to a few before I start looking for new ones. Most have run down to little or no traffick. Others have disappeared completely. And some just piss me off with new changes and I move on of my own volition. Currently, I am on like 4... 5, if you count Discord.. but Discord is more an outlet for bunches of other separate severs. So I dont even know how to tally that. Also, Discord generally sucks for RP in my opinion. If I'm going to be totally honest, I really only bounce between this site and one other "real site" because of the communal activity.

RPN is alright, I guess. The OOC threads are decently active compared to other places and the staff is really friendly and helpful. The RTs are generally a bit juvenile for my tastes, though. I still have yet to get into a successful RP here. And not for lack of trying.

Last edited:
Right now just one, here.
And Discord to some extent because I have multiple quick rp there with the same rp partner (that I found here too). Although I mostly use it for OOC chats.

I have accounts on a couple other rp sites that I used before registering here, but I don't use them anymore. I also found a rp partner on Tumblr once and we rped on Google docs (stopped now).
Most other sites I ever used for rp are abandoned or taken down by now.

Honestly, I don't feel like I need other rp sites when I have this one. A few of my best rp partners and most fun roleplays came from RpN.

Back in the day, like most, I was known to juggle close to 6 separate roleplaying sites or sites with decent RP sections. But as time passed on and some of those sites died out, I've relegated myself to only handling 1-3, though depending on my mood, it would be just 2. And right now, that's exactly how many I active RP on. Granted, RPN has a great selection of RPs and it's by far one of the better RP sites out there, the other one I come from was one of my first homes when the RP section sites died. So it has a special place in my heart.

2? I have my main one, which I was using exclusively for several years and will probably stay my main forum until it dies or I stop RPing. But I checked out RPN for something and have decided to linger here for a bit, at least. Only time will tell if it's longterm. Sometimes I also like to pop onto my OG RP forum and check stuff out for the extra dash of nostalgia, but I haven't roleplayed there since like... 2015? I've also joined two other forums that I sometimes decide to check out, but I've never actually done a roleplay there.

I also have a few games going on Discord.

Hmmm... I would say 2 for sure, RPN and RPguild, maybe one or two more depending on how one counts, because I only very seldom use them at all. I also occasionally banter RP on discord, but it's really not something I can sustain for long at all. I quickly get bored of such RPs, and even before then they consume way too much of my time. Still, they can be fun for a little bit once in a while.

Nonetheless, RPN is definitely my favorite place to RP. I absolutely love the community here, as well as the resources and structure of the site, from the layout, to the great notification system and the code (they may not be essential things, but they do enhance the experience with the site for me).

Nothing I've found gives the RPN experience. I always feel there's a "Wall" between you and the community on other sites... this site just feels more warm and personal/colloquial.

If it ain't broke, I don't fix it.

RPN 'til I die, mofos. <3

i have multiple accounts on a lot of different sites that i don't remember usernames or passwords for but made the account just to try the site out only to find that it's dead asf :/
like, i joined this site that looked promising but it had a ONE BUMP PER MONTH policy like H E L L O WTF ??? (plus its pm system was fckn wack)
appearance of a rp forum matters a bit too me too & is2g most of them are so clunky n weird
there's way too many "adult" rp sites out there & i don't get the point of those, ppl can easily lie ab their age + most ppl on those sites creep me out 😭

so currently, i'm only using rpn (tumblr & twt every now & then). tbh if anyone asked me for a site rec, i'd direct them to rpn: LOADS of diverse active users + rps + friendly active staff + aesthetically beautiful
[chef's kiss] ✨

So, how many RP sites (includes sites that aren't RP sites but you're using their RP section anyways, if those still have active RP sections) are you using right now? How do you balance your activity there? Do you divide sites based on what you use them for?

3 with active RPs. Though there's still a couple other RP sites that I check once in awhile, just to see if anything interesting has come up. I do divide a little bit. For games where I want to use dice as part of the RP, I like RPRepository. And I also like that I can post using my character's profile there.

But for the RPs that are purely freeform (which is most of them), its simply dictated by where I happened to find other interested parties. My browser tends to live with tabs always open for RPNation, Roleplayerguild, and RPRepository.

Deleted all my accounts on feralfront.

So just this one. But even then I'm not using this site for anything but a couple private 1x1 rps through email and my art thread. I don't do group or 1x1 rps anymore because they don't last or are clique-like.

My discord is used only for P&S (potions and snitches) community, we're Gen Snape/Harry readers and writers of harry potter fanfiction featuring snape and harry as the main characters in non-sexual relationships.

there's way too many "adult" rp sites out there & i don't get the point of those, ppl can easily lie ab their age + most ppl on those sites creep me out 😭
Believe it or not, I like adult RP sites for reasons other than what you'd assume. I like to look for group RPs of violent misadventure within those places because "ADULT" means more than just sexy time. It also means the muzzle is lifted off the snapping jaws of gore and wanton brutality. lol Though, group PRs are generally even harder to get going on those types of places.

... dice? I mean in the context of this forum it's a seperate forum.
dice is more of a sub-set. Even a dice game has to be either with just one other person or a group.

Dice is outta my comfort zone. The only dice table top thing I'm slimly aware of is DND, but for the life of me I don't participate in dice rp because that is just over my head. At the moment I have one 1x1 rp really active, another is on hiatus at the moment but that isn't unusual along with a few other 1x1s by one of the rpers I rp the continuation with. Group rps, I tend to find they die shortly after I join them. Was in this Last of Us rp but the gm got caught up in life and that recently closed sadly, though by the end of it there was only me, like one other person and the gm who were remotely active in that towards the end.

What can ya do you know? Sometimes I consider myself too old for the rp scene anymore and that I joined it too late (I joined...in my late 20s back in late 2016 into the rp scene, tried a few different sites). Tried chickensmoothie which is more towards children and teenagers and heavily restrictive, feralfront which I left just recently, this, tried a few one-off rps that died or I was banned from (like forsaken demise a semi-realistic wolf rp due to having too many accounts when you were only supposed to have one-majority of the time i just rped with myself anyway).

Despite not rping much, this site at least makes me...comfortable. Community is more or less friendly. Staff aren't jerks like on feralfront (especially with their big changes they recently rolled out regarding trad and agrelos + discord). Made a few associates here on rpnation, despite most of them being mia. I don't know...I got...maybe 2 new ones starting up...just going to see what happens there but if i do rp it's usually in pms now.

Don't really do much public rping anymore. Too scared to jump in and take the plunge so to speak on an rp only to find it 1. Not get any interest and take off or 2. die shortly after joining.

What can ya do you know? Sometimes I consider myself too old for the rp scene anymore and that I joined it too late (I joined...in my late 20s back in late 2016 into the rp scene, tried a few different sites)...
I've been in the RP community since 1997. I can tell ya that there are plenty of older folk still here. We are just not so eager to jump into everything. Also, irl stuff like full time jobs and families give us a lot less freetime to throw at the hobby. And depending on the site, there may be a higher concentration of young 'uns that make up the bulk of people posting the RTs. Hence, you won't see a lot of stuff that you can relate to popping up.

Currently, I have 3: here, RolePlayer Guild, and Gaia. Most of my success has been from Gaia, with minor success here. RPG is weird. It's decently populated (although, nothing like here), but the turnaround there is very slow. It can take days for a single search thread to make it off the first page.

It can take days for a single search thread to make it off the first page.
Doesn't that mean that the arrival of new ideas is also slow? Because if it's not moving enough to bump off days old posts, that means nothing new is getting posted.

Doesn't that mean that the arrival of new ideas is also slow? Because if it's not moving enough to bump off days old posts, that means nothing new is getting posted.
Yep. It's an extremely slow site. I haven't had much luck on it at all, but I stick with it because it is unfortuantely more populated and organized than a lot of other RP sites that I've tried.

Yep. It's an extremely slow site. I haven't had much luck on it at all, but I stick with it because it is unfortuantely more populated and organized than a lot of other RP sites that I've tried.
I haven't been on Gaia in.... jeez... at LEAST 10 years. I can't even remember my login info, tbh. Back then, it was kindof a cluster fuck to find an RP group. Just a long list of banners that would take you to the respective forum. Aside from going and recruiting ppl one by one, it was pretty much just a matter of having a catchy looking banner to get anyone to join. None of the RP stuff I did there was ever very good. And they tried implementing clunky combat systems in a lot of them that just slowed down everything to a crawl.

I have no idea what it's like nowadays.

I haven't been on Gaia in.... jeez... at LEAST 10 years. I can't even remember my login info, tbh. Back then, it was kindof a cluster fuck to find an RP group. Just a long list of banners that would take you to the respective forum. Aside from going and recruiting ppl one by one, it was pretty much just a matter of having a catchy looking banner to get anyone to join. None of the RP stuff I did there was ever very good. And they tried implementing clunky combat systems in a lot of them that just slowed down everything to a crawl.

I have no idea what it's like nowadays.
It seems to be more organized nowadays since RPs have become more popular. But I can't really say much for groups. I stick to 1X1's because they are more flexible to my schedule and require less committment.

It seems to be more organized nowadays since RPs have become more popular. But I can't really say much for groups. I stick to 1X1's because they are more flexible to my schedule and require less committment.

imo, any RP you get into should require the same amount of commitment. Just because it's a group shouldn't have a person caring less about dropping out.

Also, I gotta say this place has a decent rate of new RTs regularly posted in the groups section. A lot of other sites really, really suck for group stuff.
*Points to signature*

Last edited:
imo, any RP you get into should require the same amount of commitment. Just because it's a group shouldn't have a person caring less about dropping out.
Oh, no, I throughly agree. By "committment", I more was referring to the speed of posting. To me, groups tend to be more fast paced than I can put out. Typically, I tend to average 1 post a week. I would get lost in a group setting with that pace.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back