• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom "How do you wanna do this?" - Critical Role

Pride.

Local Mushroom
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)

• Critical Role

Hello everyone, my name is Pride. This isn't my first interest check, this my first thread dedicated to a specific interest. The specific interest in the web-series called Critical Role, "where a bunch of us nerdy-@ss voice actors sit around and play Dungeons & Dragons." To quote the ever amazing Matt Mercer. I stumbled across this wonderful world through a series of animated clips and highlight reels. I have always been interested in Dungeons and Dragons as a whole, being fascinated by the amount of story and creative building that goes into some of the campaigns out there. Including the Critical Role series. I was also drawn in by the character creation aspect of the game. This is why when I saw this group of hilarious and beautiful people devoting the whole series to the game I wanted to watch it to see if it would help me better understand how the game works. I am only a few episodes into campaign two with the Mighty Nein, I am going very slowly because they are long and I'm currently on 14 of 120, but I don't mind spoilers since I am so far behind everyone else. Nonetheless, I have fallen hopelessly in love with the show and characters that these people have made. Though I will try and avoid giving out spoilers in case fellow newcomers are reading this. I am still learning about the lore of Wildmount and since I started with the second story like the total smarty that I am I may accidentally mess things up, so I permit you to correct me whenever I am being a dumb@ss. I have been doing some reading on the side so I won't be completely lost, but I still would love to hear whatever you may have for me.

I was nervous about putting this out there because I feel like it would be disrespectful to the wonderful group of people that were responsible for creating this fantastical world, but after mulling it over I finally decided to put this together. Not to mention, I am the type of person who will continue to hold onto something forever if I don't get out there, so this is a bit of a way to get this off my chest and a way to find possible friends and partners. In the next tab, I will dive into some stuff about me and how I like to write, but before that, I just want to note that none of the artwork used to create this interest check is mine. I don't know all the artists but I can and will list the name of the artist once I have a chance to look for them properly. Just ask me anything if you really want to try something. I am open to playing with au's as well so yeah.

nine lives

Hello everyone, my name is Pride. This isn't my first interest check, this my first thread dedicated to a specific interest. The specific interest in the web-series called Critical Role, "where a bunch of us nerdy-@ss voice actors sit around and play Dungeons & Dragons." To quote the ever amazing Matt Mercer. I stumbled across this wonderful world through a series of animated clips and highlight reels. I have always been interested in Dungeons and Dragons as a whole, being fascinated by the amount of story and creative building that goes into some of the campaigns out there. Including the Critical Role series. I was also drawn in by the character creation aspect of the game. This is why when I saw this group of hilarious and beautiful people devoting the whole series to the game I wanted to watch it to see if it would help me better understand how the game works. I am only a few episodes into campaign two with the Mighty Nein, I am going very slowly because they are long and I'm currently on 14 of 120, but I don't mind spoilers since I am so far behind everyone else. Nonetheless, I have fallen hopelessly in love with the show and characters that these people have made. Though I will try and avoid giving out spoilers in case fellow newcomers are reading this. I am still learning about the lore of Wildmount and since I started with the second story like the total smarty that I am I may accidentally mess things up, so I permit you to correct me whenever I am being a dumb@ss. I have been doing some reading on the side so I won't be completely lost, but I still would love to hear whatever you may have for me.

I was nervous about putting this out there because I feel like it would be disrespectful to the wonderful group of people that were responsible for creating this fantastical world, but after mulling it over I finally decided to put this together. Not to mention, I am the type of person who will continue to hold onto something forever if I don't get out there, so this is a bit of a way to get this off my chest and a way to find possible friends and partners. In the next tab, I will dive into some stuff about me and how I like to write, but before that, I just want to note that none of the artwork used to create this interest check is mine. I don't know all the artists but I can and will list the name of the artist once I have a chance to look for them properly. Just ask me anything if you really want to try something. I am open to playing with au's as well so yeah.

I haven't really done a proper 'about me' section before, so bear with me as I try and not scare you off. I have been roaming around the various roleplay sites for almost three years now, but I have been roleplaying and working on my writing longer than that. I am not a perfect writer by any means. I make mistakes and ninety percent of the time I'm pretty sure it sucks, but at least I am making attempts. I am still working on what style of writing works for me, but I am have found that I am really good at writing long and descriptive posts. While I really admire that people who can write the more 'novella' type posts, that is a level that I am still struggling to get to. Just a warning to those who prefer more of that writing style. I can get up to six paragraphs or more in one post. Especially with my starter posts because that is where I really can establish character relationships and set for the first interactions. While my more conversation heavy posts tend to be more on the shorter side because the character is more focused on the conversation rather than the surroundings and inner thoughts. I do still include character responses and physical reactions to what is being said, so it's not just a bunch of spoken text thrown your way. I tend to stay away from one-liners and one paragraph responses. This is because it can really muse-sucking for me. After all, I want to provide more detail and really get into what is happening. With that being said, I am more of a 'quality over quantity' type of person so if you ever need to cut down the size of your responses for whatever reason then I totally understand. I want my partner to enjoy the thread just as much as I do. Communication is really important to me, and while I have been struggling with it lately because of my mental health, I don't want you to be feel bad if you need to leave or take a break from the thread. I am not going to judge for that, and I am not going to ask for a reason why either. If you need to go just let me know beforehand, and I will do my best to give you the same respect in return.

I really enjoy exploring different aspects of a character. I don't care if it is building upon a character that already exists in the canon universe or original characters that we make to bring into the world. I am just really interested in making and building characters that we can feel excited about when we talk about them or feel sad when something painful happens. I want to feel connected to our characters. I also have grown to love playing a wide cast of characters as well, so if you want to make a whole new group for the Critical Roel world then you have my interest. I have usually specialized in romance, but I would really love to explore more platonic bonds as well to grow my skill set. It helps that I really enjoy the different platonic dynamics that the cast of Critical Role as made for the Mighty Nein. I haven't really explored the romance aspect of the fandom because I have just gotten started and I realize that some of the ships are already canon, but I am also interested in the characters in general as well. With that being if you are just for the ships that's fine with me just don't get weird or rude about it. In the next tab, I list which canon characters I would be comfortable playing and what ships I would be okay with testing. I am open to just pure original character content as well. I am going to say now that romance for Nott and Caduceus is out of the question, I will do platonic relationships with their characters but not romantic. I won't say my reason way for Nott because it is a spoiler, but Caduceus is canonically asexual and as a character isn't interested in romance anyway. I am still cooling playing them though. Anyway, the next tab contains the characters I am comfortable playing and any possible ships that involve that character. While the final tab just has some wrap-up rules, nothing too bad, and it's mainly just repeating what I have said already.

I am comfortable with playing Yasha because even though I am not completely familiar with her character yet because I am so new to the series, and I am at the part in the campaign where she is popping in and out of the story. I still love her character and based on the information I have about her character right now plus how she changes over time, I think I could play a somewhat accurate Yasha. I can't promise a hundred percent accuracy because I am so new to the Mighty Nein campaign. I still promise to do my best to represent her character.

Romantic ships:
Beau x Yasha

Platonic ships:
Any of the Mighty Nein and their companions.

I have a soft spot in my heart for this sweet and sometimes morally questionable wizard. Just like all of the characters on this list, I don't have a concrete grasp on Caleb's character. Plus, they are very different from where they started at the beginning of the campaign which is where I am currently, so once again it will probably be the perfect Caleb but I will do my best to represent this complex character. With all of his angsty teen social awkwardness. I do know some of his backstory as well already, so I am not completely in the dark.

Romantic ships:
Caleb x Mollymauk 'Molly'
Caleb x Jester
Caleb x Essek (not completely familiar with the elf character but I have been intrigued by the ship)

Platonic ships:
Anyone from the Mighty Nein and their companions

Beau is also a character that is quickly have become attached to with his abrasive ways and cool monk sh!t. She is the character that I feel I could most accurately play because I can relate to her. I wouldn't say that I am her because that would be weird. Other than Yasha I know the least about her history but I still have a pretty good understanding of her character. Thus hers is shorter because I feel pretty good about being able to play Beau.

Romantic ships:
Beau x Yasha
Beau x Jester (maybe)

Platonic ships:
Anyone from the Mighty Nein and their companions

A character that I am interested in trying out because in don't usually make a character like him or really get to play the more flamboyant and flirty characters, so I would be interested in trying my hand at Molly. I really love his personality and how he goes through life the way he wants. I am slowly learning about his character, and while I know some spoilers about him I am not ready to face it just yet. Since I don't have a lot of experience with characters like him, plus the fact that I am so now to the character once again I can't promise perfection but I will try my best. Sometimes he may be a bit over the top as I work out the boundaries.

Romantic ships:
Molly x Caleb

Platonic:
Anyone from the Mighty Nein and their companions.

1 Communication is key to keeping things running smoothly, and while I am completely aware my communication is not good right now because of my mental health I hope we can still keep in touch, so we can comfortably reach out to one another when we need to.

2 Be respectful and kind okay that is all I ask.

3 If you are more interested in novella type writing I may not be the partner for you, but I am very interested in detail and character.

4 I am pretty flexible post wise, but I am hoping the one post at least once per week, but obviously, it can be adjusted if needed.

5 I know I am forgetting something so if you want to know something please just ask me, I like to think I am pretty friendly.

6 This is more of a note than a rule, but I am cool with oc x canon romance just be cool about it.

7 I would like a partner who can play either gender and a wide cast of characters when need. Since I do both.

Last edited:
Update: Still looking for partners, but I am farther along in the series now since I am now episode 22, but will be further along soon. I am now cool with playing both Fjord and Jester since I have become more familiar with their characters. I will soon add them to the main post when I get the chance.

Edit to add: I am still open to doing OCS in the Wildmount universe as well if you don't want to do canon characters, which is perfectly fine with me.

Last edited:
Update: I have entered the pirate arc of campaign two and I am on episode 41. I am chugging along nicely. I haven't had the chance to watch the most recent episodes but I have seen bits and pieces of them.

I am still open to doing OCS in the Wildmount universe as well if you don't want to do canon characters, which is perfectly fine with me.

Bump +update: I have reached episode 65 of the second campaign and have been officially introduced to Essek and the people of Xhoras. I know I probably spelled that wrong, but you can bother that about me later. I have also watched some of the most recent episodes that were aired live because I am pretty caught up, through spoilers and watching the show. Otherwise, there are no new character updates.

I cast sending and send a message to Pride. I say...
" I'd be interested in a new adventure set in Wildemount with original characters. "
There's a pause, and then I cast sending again.
"You may respond to this message. "

In all seriousness though, if you're still looking for someone to write in Exandria with, then I am cool with discussing the details either here or personal message. I'll be happy to answer any questions you might have for me as well.

Thanks for your consideration!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back