• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy House Of Cards [Tarot inspired, player driven]

Rexcaliburr

Legendary Golden Support
Welcome to the House of Cards.
Inspired by The Arcana (by Nix Hydra)

Instantal_%28Bravely_Second%29.jpg

Setting
House of Cards is set in a fantasy era where spiritual magic and divination is common. Not quite casting magic and spells,
but magic found in the otherworldly and unknown. Our story begins in a mountainous city called Asuphia, where
magic has flourished for years.

Asuphia however, is not as delightful as people believe. The Palace had experienced troubles with the former King,
who was found to be guilty of treason against his own kingdom, selling weapons and powerful magic crystals to
other kingdoms. He was murdered by a shadowy figure no one knows, leaving the kingdom in the hands of his spiteful heir,
a powerful divinator.

The current ruler of Asuphia has called upon magicians, wizards, divinators, anyone who practices magic that has any link
to the Major Arcana, to help in finding the truth of the old King's death, and for his own sour purposes.

Those that have risen however, have a path to walk, guided by the Arcana. They have to make many hard choices
that can lead to so many endings. It's time to decide.

Are you with the Arcana?

Plot
House of Cards is highly player-driven, giving you the power to make game-changing choices.

The plot's current focuses on...

- The New King, their obsession with power and the desire to find the truth about the Old King's death.
- The Old King, and the mystery surrounding his death.
- The magicians summoned by the New King, and their journey to help or destroy the King.
- The 22 Major Arcana, and their decision to help or destroy the magicians.

All these are just options for you. You can pull the plot any way you like (while still retaining the Tarot theme).

Characters
Here are your options for playable characters.

1. The New King (Divinator) ( Senor_Fluffy Senor_Fluffy )
2. Any magician/divinator (Unlimited)
3. Any of the 22 Major Arcana (1 Each)
- The Fool ( Nano Nano )
- The Magician ( Rexcaliburr Rexcaliburr )
- The High Priestess
- The Empress ( faygogluttony faygogluttony )
- The Emperor
- The Heirophant
- The Lovers
- The Chariot
- Strength
- The Hermit ( Blackrose7 Blackrose7 )
- Wheel Of Fortune
- Justice
- The Hanged Man ( idalie idalie )
- Death ( Soli Soli )
- Temperance
- The Devil ( venom-mutt venom-mutt )
- The Tower
- The Star ( calypso calypso )
- The Moon ( You Know Rebel You Know Rebel )
- The Sun
- Judgement
- The World ( Probably George Probably George )

Feel free to reserve characters now!

Last edited:
Hello. I am very interested, but would love to hear more about how the tarot card influences the character and who they are, what they can do, etc.

The Fluffiest Floof The Fluffiest Floof Great question! Every character (excluding the 22 Major Arcana) has a Patron Arcana assigned at birth. Patron Arcanas are one of the 22 Major Arcanas that have a much stronger link to the character and guides and influences them based on the Arcana's beliefs and meaning.

For example, a Paladin Divinator may have Judgement as their Patron Arcana, an executioner may have The Hanged Man or Death, etc.

The Patron Arcanas can also shape the character's life and history. Example, someone with The Lovers as their Patron Arcana may have a fulfilling love life and romance well, someone with Death as their Patron Arcana may die young and peaceful, and someone with Wheel Of Fortune may be born a noble/rich. Patron Arcanas usually do their best to help their divinator succeed, but some may attempt to lead them astray.

Everyone only has one Patron Arcana they can summon when they need help, but fortune tellers and those who own and know how to actively use a tarot deck can sometimes summon other Arcanas besides their Patron. Whether or not the other Arcanas will help or not is up to the Arcana.

The Fluffiest Floof The Fluffiest Floof If you're asking about why the Major Arcana are special in terms of actual Tarot then I can't tell you as I don't really do tarot myself. But if you're asking why the Major Arcana are special here in this little RP, it's because they are actual entities or living beings. The other cards are usually stuff like Four of Pentacles, 3 of Coins, etc, which are not living entities in the world of Asuphia. They still do speak to tarot readers and fortune tellers, but usually only through the card itself while the 22 Major Arcana can be met in person.

venom-mutt venom-mutt Reserving The Devil for you!

Rusty of Shackleford Rusty of Shackleford Thanks for your interest! I take it you'll be playing a standard magician/divinator?

Woo! I'm not really sure what his card would be, though. Maybe the Hierophant, the Hermit, or the Magician? He's a very secular person: he doesn't really believe in any religion, and deals with matters od our world, only using magic because it helps him discover knowledge.

Sounds like a good choice! Hopefully someone will come along and play Justice so your guy can meet his patron Arcana in person!

Hey!! I'm gonna throw in some interest for the Hanged Man if I can, a scheming scholarly babe if thats alright!! I mean I don't know too much about tarot but I believe it represents learning and sacrifice so I have a load of amazing ideas!!! EEP Rexcaliburr Rexcaliburr

Oh I wanted to add, if anyone already has some potential plot directions please do share!
I'm pretty much going for the GoT Littlefinger, behind the scenes sneaky fucker so how much intrigue do you think is gonna be around or am I gonna be digging? MM either is good I just want a heads up ((;

Users who are viewing this thread

Back