• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy House Of Cards [Tarot inspired, player driven]

Ok so I'm don't being indecisive about Sun's name. He is gonna go primarily by "Sun" or "Apollo". And I won't change it anymore, I promise

Theo713 Theo713 I don't think there's an IC section for this yet. We've just started to make the characters, and I believe you can reserve any of the empty spots!

IC will be up tonight! You can fill out your CS any time if you haven't done it yet, but you'll just be a little late is all!

Intropost looks interesting,but I don't get what magic is supposed to look like if it's not casted. Can you write up a short example of what it would look like ic? Rexcaliburr Rexcaliburr

Magic isn't really the typical spellcasting, stuff you can see sort. In Asuphia and the universe, it's more of spiritual magic, which would include divination, tarot reading, and the ability to summon and speak to the Arcana. It's guiding magic, in a way.
I am a little confused with this myself, because some of the arcanas do have magical attacks on them.
Bacon is fluffy Bacon is fluffy

@Blazkrose7 Ah, my apologies. I forgot to list you down.

Magic comes in the forms of auras which is energy exuded by a magical individual (so people who are non-magic have no auras). They don't necessarily come in the form of magic beams and bolts, though those who choose to specifically train in casting like that are capable, but the most common magic is through reading of the cards, and other people's auras.

The primary point of magic is not to aid in a fight, but rather truthseeking and prayer to ask for certain things, like the way Christians and Buddhists pray for something to their respective deities. In the case of our magicians who all have Patron Arcanas, they can use their magic to speak to the Arcana (which non-magics cannot do at all).

To answer your question, magic doesn't "look" like anything. It's a feeling, it's knowledge. The most common magic you can see if people's auras, unless someone happened to train physical casting.

@Blazkrose7 Ah, my apologies. I forgot to list you down.

Magic comes in the forms of auras which is energy exuded by a magical individual (so people who are non-magic have no auras). They don't necessarily come in the form of magic beams and bolts, though those who choose to specifically train in casting like that are capable, but the most common magic is through reading of the cards, and other people's auras.

The primary point of magic is not to aid in a fight, but rather truthseeking and prayer to ask for certain things, like the way Christians and Buddhists pray for something to their respective deities. In the case of our magicians who all have Patron Arcanas, they can use their magic to speak to the Arcana (which non-magics cannot do at all).

To answer your question, magic doesn't "look" like anything. It's a feeling, it's knowledge. The most common magic you can see if people's auras, unless someone happened to train physical casting.
You made it worse lol. Unless all magic is, is the manifestation of the human will through the strength of their auras.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back