• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy House Of Cards [Tarot inspired, player driven]

I like that! They'll definitely be opposed to my character, who's all about the truth.
The thing is, are you ever gonna realise if Im lying or not?? TRY AND CATCH ME OUT BOYO CAUSE WE'RE GONNA BE GOING DOWN HARD

Yeah! It has been a while.

I actually have a question: how does magic work in this universe?

Magic isn't really the typical spellcasting, stuff you can see sort. In Asuphia and the universe, it's more of spiritual magic, which would include divination, tarot reading, and the ability to summon and speak to the Arcana. It's guiding magic, in a way.

Magic isn't really the typical spellcasting, stuff you can see sort. In Asuphia and the universe, it's more of spiritual magic, which would include divination, tarot reading, and the ability to summon and speak to the Arcana. It's guiding magic, in a way.
Ah. I see. He would be very skeptical of all that.

Yep, that would make sense! It's hard not to believe magic you can see, which all this Arcana hocus pocus is not.

Really heckin' interested.. Kinda reminds me of Lucy from Fairy Tale xD but I have some questions..

Are we limited to a singular character ?
When the Tarot Spirits aren't being summoned, do they exist in the normal world or are they in some sort of spirit realm waiting to be called on?
If there is a separate realm... how will//will we be Rping that ?

HollyLeafForever HollyLeafForever You are not limited to one character, but I do ask that you don't take like, all of the Major Arcana.

The Major Arcana typically exist in their own reapm, but since the New King has summoned divinators, many of the less reclusive Arcana have decided to poke around and see what's going on. They are free to come and go from their realms as they please.

Divinators may even be invited to some of the realms to figure out clues regarding the old King's death.

Nano Nano Reserving the Fool for you! Regarding the difference betweeb divinators and Major Arcana, the Arcana are there to guide or destroy the magicians trying to uncover the truth of the old King's death. They can either directly help by presenting themselves and coming with the magicians, or indirectly help by speaking to them through realms.

The magicians will be directly involved with the new King instead and have to uncover the truth with the help of their Arcana. The Arcana can choose to either influence the magicians to lead them astray or help.

I do plan for the new king to want to destroy the Arcana and absorb their power, but I suppose this is up to whoever RPs the king.

Last edited:
Hello hello! I'd just like to ask, between the magicians/diviners associated with the major arcana and the major arcana themselves, what exactly are the differences between their roles in the rp? Are the major arcana there strictly to guide the people they are the patrons of rather than lending their aid directly?

On another note, I'd like to stake my claims on The Fool!

Nano Nano Oh, I did want to mention that Arcana can choose to ally with the new king or strike deals with him, hence the choice to destroy the magicians.

Holy wow. This is just what I was looking for. I just want to know (since I'm eyeing The Moon card) how actively engaged are the Arcanas? I imagine they have a pivotal role but is the focus more on the consequences from the magicians?

You Know Rebel You Know Rebel They can be as actively engaged as they wish, either with the magicians or the king. The Arcana have a lot more power than magicians in divination and truth, so they can choose to withhold truth or reveal it based on any deals they want to strike with magicians.

Rexcaliburr Rexcaliburr

Ah, when you stated they had their own realms and all, I was under the impression they would be whimsical and poofing about like faes. I suppose they could be as engaged as greek gods were in their mythos. Likewise, I guess it would be no problem for them to overtake the scene! I have a particular idea for The Moon card that I should run by you.

They are capable of poofing about and typically resided in their own realms, but with the new king about seeking their power, it may have drawn the Arcana to investigate, or to heed the summons of their divinators.

Can people immediately tell that (for example) Temperance is Temperance at a glance? Is it something that people (or at least the magicians/diviners that the Arcana is the patron of) can sense within their aura or something, or if an Arcana should choose to hide their identity out of convenience or curiosity, no one would know?

Diviners and people who use tarot cards frequently would be able to tell the Major Arcana as themselves, but thos unfamiliar with tarot may take them as ghosts or demons.

Should an Arcana choose to hide their identity with a disguise, the aura can be read by a diviner or magician. The disguise is purely visual, but non magicians cannot read auras.

This sounds super interesting, but I’m a little confused. Would we be RPing primarily as the arcana or would it be mainly as a magician/diviner that has internal interactions with the arcana?

All the cool kids want be Arcanas. I imagine if the roster is heavily just Arcanas, magicians/diviners might be played as secondary characters or NPCs.

aceXstryker aceXstryker Your main character can be an Arcana or Diviner, but it seems like Arcanas are a popular choice. I might make a human diviner just to add more to the roster.

Altho I am not the bOSSMAn, so take it as ya wILL

Users who are viewing this thread

Back