• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Hospital for the Doomed and Damned (always accepting!)

Woop woop totally haven't been getting notifications for this thread but yesss. So excited.

spookie spookie Is there a CS section up yet? My notifications have been weird so just making sure I'm not missin' anything. c:

i think that would be fine, as long as it's not used to make your character super powerful or for starting fights, anything like that. otherwise i don't see it being an issue.
wait, so a character who went to the hospital because he got cursed or a spell went wrong is possible, correct?
Also, what's the character limit?

Hmmm...
How would the hospital treat mental illnesses? Im guessing due to the time period that the patient would be quickly estranged and would be red-flagged for a possible violent outburst, but Im not sure. My character idea would have to rely on them being estranged due to this stereotype, with questionable treatment methods to boot. Along with this, would the hospital treat learning deficits as disiplinary issues?

Hmmm...
How would the hospital treat mental illnesses? Im guessing due to the time period that the patient would be quickly estranged and would be red-flagged for a possible violent outburst, but Im not sure. My character idea would have to rely on them being estranged due to this stereotype, with questionable treatment methods to boot. Along with this, would the hospital treat learning deficits as disiplinary issues?
It takes place in the modern era, but the facility is from the Victorian era. It's supposedly 'abandoned' but it's actually been revamped for the supernatural. So yeah, it's modern era so we gotta work with that. Not to say that mental illnesses aren't stigmatized still, but you might have to do a bit of research. Bipolar disorder and schizophrenia are well-known, but there are tons of equally frightening or disturbing illnesses.

It takes place in the modern era, but the facility is from the Victorian era. It's supposedly 'abandoned' but it's actually been revamped for the supernatural. So yeah, it's modern era so we gotta work with that. Not to say that mental illnesses aren't stigmatized still, but you might have to do a bit of research. Bipolar disorder and schizophrenia are well-known, but there are tons of equally frightening or disturbing illnesses.
Hmmmm. Indeed.
I have my work cut out for me then. While I would like to say that I have had experiences in rping with these things with a character- I cant be certain if I am showing it correctly. Ill be sure to do my research into these topics.

What are you planning to do for your character?

Hmmmm. Indeed.
I have my work cut out for me then. While I would like to say that I have had experiences in rping with these things with a character- I cant be certain if I am showing it correctly. Ill be sure to do my research into these topics.

What are you planning to do for your character?
I have a character in mind and wanted to do Borderline Personality Disorder. It requires hospitalization in severe cases. However, she's a girl and if there's too many girls being played I might switch over to a guy. Haven't worked out a potential male OC yet but I might do it.

I have a character in mind and wanted to do Borderline Personality Disorder. It requires hospitalization in severe cases. However, she's a girl and if there's too many girls being played I might switch over to a guy. Haven't worked out a potential male OC yet but I might do it.
My oc will be male as well. So many people and different ideas. This will be interesting for sure.

My oc will be male as well. So many people and different ideas. This will be interesting for sure.
double male from me :3

So just a heads up everyone, due to a recent change to rpn functionality this to probably wont be made for some time if at all. Spook apologizes for any inconvenience this news may cause, but unfortunately thats just how the dice rolled.

this is sadly true. the rules regarding hosted projects have changed at the worst possible time in a way that means obtaining one may not be possible.

if there is still enough interest, i would be more than happy to host this rp on discord. otherwise, it seems we may be out of luck for the time being at least.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back