• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Hospital for the Doomed and Damned (always accepting!)

spookie

give 'em hell, kid.

━━━━━━❦━━━━━━

Hospital
for the
Doomed
and
Damned

━━━━━━❦━━━━━━

Greetings, my dear misfortunate child!

I have been informed by a little undead bird that you may benefit from our facilities here at Ravenwood Hospital, and it is my duty as mistress of this lovely building to extend a proverbial hand out to those in need of care like yourself.

If you've never heard of Ravenwood, that's understandable... we're kind of a well-kept secret from the outside world. Of course, that being said, I'm sure you're fully aware of the many unfortunate variables and circumstances that lead you to becoming the proud owner of this letter.

You are one of us, after all.

No matter how you came to be this way, everything is obviously not going well for you, my poor dear. I'd reach through this paper and hug you myself, but I fear that would only make your already fragile condition worse. As what you're reading right now is just a letter, I will not be addressing your specific issue here, but suffice to say I'm aware it's rather serious. How? Us ghosts just have a way of knowing these things, darling.

Now, you should never feel obligated to visit Ravenwood, but it may be in the best interests of everyone. After all, we can't have the Normals figuring out our secret, now can we? I most certainly think not!

That, of course, is leaving out the fact this quaint little retreat away from the the risks and discomforts of Normality is the best place for you to be during such difficult times.

Sure, the setting is a touch rustic, and perhaps some of our equipment isn't quite up to date... but we have heart here. Many types of heart, actually. Newt, frog, toad, bat... you name it, we've got it!

Ahem.

Whoops, I got a bit carried away there, forgive me dear. What I meant to say is that we offer compassionate treatment and care for all types of fantastical, paranormal or magical maladies, no matter how terrible the cause, prognosis or length of treatment may be. What Ravenwood lacks in technology, we make up for in dedication and experience.

Ah, it's true that having an eternity to study helps one to learn the ins and outs of medicine, and you'd be foolish to deny it!

On behalf of everyone at Ravenwood, we thank you for your consideration, and look forward to seeing you should you choose to pursue our beloved facility.

Signed with ghostly love,​

Miss Belladonna

━━━━━━❦━━━━━━

So this is the reboot of a roleplay I created almost a year ago on this site. It was pretty successful and a truly fun experience, and one I've wanted to bring back for a while.

The original was a Hosted Project and my goal is for this one to be as well, as the roleplay will have multiple different locations and optional adventures outside of Ravenwood. Should I receive enough interest, I'll also create a Discord for OOC discussions and general plotting. For those unable to use Discord, there will still be an on-site OOC, but I'd still encourage you to join if you can.

The roleplay will be semi-detailed (two paragraphs or more, with exceptions made occasionally if there's very little material to reply to) and takes place in Ravenwood Hospital, an abandoned Victorian insane asylum that has been modified by Miss Belladonna to become a secret hospital for those with incurable fantasy/paranormal illnesses and issues. it's set in the vaguely modern real world, with some obvious exceptions.

Ghosts are quite real, and can easily interact with the living, though they usually choose to avoid being seen or heard by Normals, aka the regular humans. Due to the non-physical nature of ghosts, they cannot be affected by any of the issues those with a body can, and are thus only to be used as hospital staff.

Magic is a thing, but it's reasonably limited and based more on spells, potions and rituals than spectacular reality-warping feats. Anyone can learn it, and there's no race or species with an innate skill. Those who come from a long line of magic users may have some advantage over individuals who are the first in their family to pick it up, but no one is born magical.

When it comes to species, think more along the lines of modern paranormal than classical high fantasy. Vampires, werecreatures, fairies, humans with magical abilities or who have had magic used against them, witches, ghosts, cryptids and monsters... but please no LOTR-esque stuff or god-type characters. I'm fairly open-minded, so if you don't see what you had in mind here, feel free to ask and I'll let you know if what you're proposing is something that could fit the setting.

In regards to what's wrong with your character, I encourage you to be creative. Their illness does not need to be terminal, but it should be severe enough that they have obvious issues and are unlikely to make a complete recovery. Despite the setting, this is NOT an "insane asylum" roleplay, so I ask that your character isn't a cliche "psycho murderer" type. It's absolutely fine to make mean, rude or unpleasant characters, but this isn't a slasher movie and there will be absolutely no killing of other people's characters allowed.

Due to the rather dark nature of this roleplay, it may not be for those who are very sensitive to certain topics, as will at times be angsty, melancholy and occasionally macabre, so there's your warning. Do with it as you wish.

If you've read through all of this and still have questions, ask away. I'm looking forward to getting started with you guys!

code by spookie spookie

Ohh my goodness this looks like so much fun. I'm totally interested.

I have discord too!

alright everyone, i will be setting some stuff up today, and i'm looking forward to getting this rp going. if you have any questions, just ask!

Hey, maybe I'll finally be able to use that one Wendigo character I always wanted to use >_>

I see magic in a reasonable measure is allowed, but does that also include physic abilities? of course within certain measures and a downside(something along the lines of strong physic abilities but accidently causes poltergeist-like activity arpund them and leavung them unchecked, and using the abilities intentionally too much proves bad for the health of the character - nothing extreme just like PK or some ESP or something)

I see magic in a reasonable measure is allowed, but does that also include physic abilities? of course within certain measures and a downside(something along the lines of strong physic abilities but accidently causes poltergeist-like activity arpund them and leavung them unchecked, and using the abilities intentionally too much proves bad for the health of the character - nothing extreme just like PK or some ESP or something)

i think that would be fine, as long as it's not used to make your character super powerful or for starting fights, anything like that. otherwise i don't see it being an issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back