• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Honolulu's Home for Displaced Youth (open/accepting)

Thatrpguy22

def43811f5a3b76ee53b05a2e25f5fbf.jpg

Welcome!!
Welcome to Honolulu's Home for Displaced Youth. We are excited to have you! We know you didn't ask for any of this but for one reason or another you need somewhere to go.
You need a roof over your head, clothes on your back, food in your stomach, and all the love and support you can get. We are more than happy to provide you with all of those things and more. During your stay here we want you to feel welcome and supported. Never hesitate to talk to a member of our staff about any issues you may be having.

We know you are going through a hard time right now, But just know this is not the end of your story this is but a rest stop and we will do everything in our power to make sure when you leave here that you are ready to continue your story and be the best version of you possible. We hope you will learn to enjoy your time with us and know that you will forge friendships and bonds that can last the rest of your lives.

Sincerely
Director Dr. Paul North

Hello all this Rp will be following the lives of foster kids within a group home in Honolulu Hawaii. Someone had said something in another thread of mine that made me think of it so I decided to put together an interest check for it. I do intend to have some Gm'd story moments to help keep things progressing. That being said I don't necessarily want to be the only one coming up with those moments as I would like to collaborate with the other players to come up with different story Ideas. I would like us all to have a stake in where this game goes, so everyone can get things they wat out of the game.

I don't have any solid idea of an age limit as far as how young characters can be but not too young perhaps as people become interested that is something we can discuss.

So just let me know if you are interested and if you have any questions as we start to get some people together I will probably make an ooc so we can discuss things and then hopfully get things moving.

Great well one thing i want to address as we get people who are interested is the age group for characters.
So id like to start getting a feel for what people want any preferences there?

Not in particular. What is the youngest you are willing to go, or do you not yet know what you want?

I don't personally have any strong opinions on the matter, But I know some people do so I was just wanting to see what the preferences of those interested were.
The initial vague idea in my head was no younger than like ten but that was just sorta a starting point to which I planned to adjust based on everyone else's feelings. It seems we have one vote for no younger than 16 but I want to try and do what I can to make everyone comfortable.

I don't personally have any strong opinions on the matter, But I know some people do so I was just wanting to see what the preferences of those interested were.
The initial vague idea in my head was no younger than like ten but that was just sorta a starting point to which I planned to adjust based on everyone else's feelings. It seems we have one vote for no younger than 16 but I want to try and do what I can to make everyone comfortable.
I would go 14-19, if you don't want lower than 16, than I am totally down for 16-19, nothing older than 19 tbh.

I would go 14-19, if you don't want lower than 16, than I am totally down for 16-19, nothing older than 19 tbh.
yeah definitely no older than 19 of sure with the nature of this game.
Idk I like 14-19 better than I like 16-19 the latter just feels very restrictive to me I like to allow for a wide range of characters.
but then there is always that part of me that want to be a people pleaser and I don't want to turn anyone off of the game.
especially over something that doesn't matter much to me.

Yea exactly. While I'd prefer 14-19 as an age range, I'm totally willing to do what everyone else wants to do, I don't want anyone to feel uncomfortable. I know personally I want to play the part of a shy 14 year old boy, but I am willing to age him up if I have to.

Edric Blight Edric Blight
Mirai-chan Mirai-chan
temporarybliss temporarybliss
would 15-19 sound okay to everyone? temporarybliss temporarybliss I know the bottom of that range is a year younger than what you said you were looking for just trying to see if we can compromise to try and make everyone happy. my Character Idea was either a 15 or 16 year old anyways so its not a huge deal to me. but yeah like I said just seeing if we can compromise

Mirai-chan Mirai-chan
would 15-19 sound okay to everyone? temporarybliss temporarybliss I know the bottom of that range is a year younger than what you said you were looking for just trying to see if we can compromise to try and make everyone happy. my Character Idea was either a 15 or 16 year old anyways so its not a huge deal to me. but yeah like I said just seeing if we can compromise
Sounds perfect to me. I'd be down for this age range. My character was gonna be around the 14, 15, 16 range anyways.

Mirai-chan Mirai-chan
would 15-19 sound okay to everyone? temporarybliss temporarybliss I know the bottom of that range is a year younger than what you said you were looking for just trying to see if we can compromise to try and make everyone happy. my Character Idea was either a 15 or 16 year old anyways so its not a huge deal to me. but yeah like I i'm said just seeing if we can compromise
i'm fine with it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back