• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
> Kiyo: Enter Return Node.

After wandering around for a bit, you find a RETURN NODE that takes you back to Bria's place, and from there you ascend to and enter the Third Gate.

When you arrive on the other side, you are in the branches of a tall MANGROVE TREE. Below you, the MIRE bubbles ominously, and as a MANGROVE APPLE falls in disturbed by your sudden appearance, it MELTS in the mud. You should probably stay out of that. Luckily, the branches of this tree and the ones nearby are BIG AND STURDY enough to walk on, but you can also see that a few TURPENTINE ABOMINATIONS have perched themselves in the trees.

Off in the distance, you see a series of SPIRES rising above the treeline, plumes of DARK SMOKE rising from them.

> Rudy: Enter Return Node.

You enter the smaller gate, which sends you back to your HOUSE. Great, all that progress and now you're back where you started. As you look towards the now TOWERING HOME in front of you, an IDEA pops into your head. There's no rules that say you have to go through the gates IN ORDER, right? And you are max level... you could probably just go through YOUR OWN FIFTH GATE, your house goes up that high now, after all.

As you consider SEQUENCE BREAKING, you hear a series of noises that roughly goes: "BORF," "coo," and then "Coorf." Behind you you see a a DOG with BIRD WINGS and GHOST FLAMES, flashing between INDIGO and DARK RED.
PIDOGEONSPRITE^2: Coorf (spooky, yet distinguished)

> Saul: Siege fortress.

Who would have known that DEADLY EXPLOSIVES would be so overpowered?

You blast through the hordes that stalk the labyrinthine hallways of the CLOUDTOP FORTRESS, clearing them out with (relative) ease. You enter a central courtyard where you are greeted by a large statue of a figure with a HEAD ON FIRE carrying a large hammer. It is labelled "The Denizen, HEPHAESTUS." You continue onward.

Eventually, you reach what appears to be the MINI-BOSS ROOM for this place, only to find a HUMANOID FIGURE made of ICHOR AND TENDRILS looking over the Fourth Gate, inspecting it and doing... SOMETHING to it. They turn around to face you.
???: oh...
???: hello there.

> Mari: STRIFE!

Snip, BANG, Snip.

You and the Pragmatic Messenger dish out some PRECISION COMBAT to the UNDERLINGS, dispatching them quickly and forcefully. It's over in a flash, PM stows her equipment as you collect the SPOILS OF WAR in the form of GRIST. These underlings don't seem so bad after you've killed your first ASPHALT OGRE. You wonder if RYAN found them this easy when she was reaching the Second Gate.

===> Saul: Ah!

You scream, but totally not like super loud or like a squeak or anything.

SAUL: Ah!
SAUL: Uh, er.....ahem
SAUL: H-hello.....uh, are you b-by chance The King?
???: oh... uh...

KING: ... yeah.
KING: and you're the mayview brother, correct...?
SAUL: B.....brother?

SAUL: You k-know....m-m-m.....
SAUL: m-m-my......brother?
KING: i...
KING: i used to.

SAUL: .....

SAUL: You're B.T aren't you....
SAUL: Bria's d-d-dad......or at least.....a version of h-him.....
KING: ...
KING: i...

The King sighs, before looking back at you with a complex expression you can't quite read. Cracks begin forming along the floor below where they are hovering.

KING: i'm the king.

You take a generous step back away from the cracks.

SAUL: I should be angry at you, you know
SAUL: You seriously put rudy in a lot of danger, he almost died to that thing i'm sure
SAUL: But it's obvious you're not doing this because you want to, so if you're being threatened or manipulated or coerced or something, that's fine

SAUL: Because while we're at it trying to help all of the carapacians that got caught up in this mess, we might as well help you and your friends

They look surprised for a moment.

KING: ... he beat the phantom immaturus?

You look away, uncomfortable with this confrontation. You ball a fist to try and secure yourself.

SAUL: Of course he did.
SAUL: He's......he's rudy
SAUL: he can beat anything

The cracks stop spreading.

KING: ... we didn't see that coming.
KING: we won't be happy about this...
KING: do you happen to know where he is?

KING: he has suddenly become very important.
SAUL: Would you r-really be surprised to hear that even if i knew i wouldn't tell you?
KING: i guess not...

KING: could you at least tell him i'm looking for him?
KING: now that we know what he's capable of, things are different.
SAUL: And why's t-that?

SAUL: Are y-you gonna try killing him again?
KING: kill him?
KING: we never tried to kill him.

SAUL: Then w-what was dropping him off with a phantom at h-his echerung supposed to do?
KING: put him to sleep and make a new phantom.
KING: that is how they're made...

SAUL: T-to what end?

They chuckle nervously.

KING: heh, yeah... good question...
KING: ... how about you?
KING: would you be willing to surrender?

KING: a heirophant could be useful to us.
SAUL: N-no....

SAUL: I've come too f-far t-to give up now
SAUL: .....did.....d-did my brother....did he make a phantom? where is he?

KING: i see...
KING: that's a shame...

They look dejected, and an immense PSYCHIC PRESSURE emanating from them deforms the ground beneath them into a tiny CRATER.

KING: then i guess it's back to work.
SAUL: A-are you t-tampering with my gate now so i get sent somewhere to make a phantom too?

SAUL: Y-you owe me at least that much of an answer
KING: ...

>Be Rudy

You look over your shoulder at the... Duo sprite before you...

You always knew Dog was an angel, but this was ridiculous.

Well, no reason to tarry. that dark bloby dude was still out there

And you gotta smack em around for that rude dudening so he learns not to be that uncool anymore.

Kinda like that one game you hazily remember, Rude Dude Redemption 1 and 2.

Something about cowboys or something.

> Rudy: Focus.

Right, focusing, you gotta get this crap going, you got alchemy and stuff, you need to figure out what you can make...

This... was gonna need... a Montage...

The next moments of your life is dedicated towards alchemy, the sheer unadulterated size of fuck up you manage to make on occasion would shock and awe some lesser men. But too you, well, it's a unfortunately now your embarrassing mess.

After downloading that torrent grist thing, you have more to work with, not counting the double time you pull on clearing the field of riffraff on occasion.

You also take a good long snoop into every part of the house and find some.. odd stuff, that you've kinda manged to mangle up abit.

Sure, the SOCK PUPPET HORROR TERROR AMALGAMATION STATUE wont be too helpful, but.. it's.. uhh.. handy?

There was a big find aswell that you've managed to actually get working right after a few alchemy slapping together testing.

But thats after you tell the audience of your first new toy.

After some work getting it right, you manage to fix and upgrade your cloak into THE MANTLE OF THE ALL FATHER which works rather well, allowing you to utilize some of your old Viking memorabilia. It also lead you to remember... Why not use some more historical stuff? You have some stuff in books of ancient greece, some japanese stuff, the FlusterCuck of books of Egyptian historical myth...

mixing your Greecian books and stuff together you manage to slap together a breastplate!! THE BRONZE FACSIMILE OF THE ADONIS is abit of a mouthful, but hey, it works. You put it on and it keeps your chest nice and protected.

You try mixing together the POSSIBLE HORROR TERROR PROP with the Japanese Historical Myth textbook and get something you aren't going to keep around, thankfully, it got set on fire, so all is well. Despite the fact it screamed.

You tried again with your boots with the egyptian books about Amun Ra, getting the BOOT STRAPS OF THE SUNWALKER, they are nice and warm leather boots, they seem to burn wherever you step though...

They also kinda let you fly.

Well, not fly more like.. Run..? Up?

It's weird.

You think your sort of standing on light, they give off a light when you want to stand in mid air too, so maybe thats what your doing?

You can fall if you want though, so thats nice.

You do however fall face first into the dirt many a time when learning. Well, the cloud, anyways.

The big thing you managed to make though.. is one thing that was hidden in your mom's garage. It.. had alot of stuff in it... But... the biggest thing, that will help you move along with your journey, is something you NEVER expected your mom to have...

And is your favorite creation, turns out alchemy is alot of fun when you have the drive for it!

OLD RUSTY MOTORCYCLE + CLEARLY HAUNTED GRECO-ROMAN MYTHOLOGICAL TEXTBOOK
+ Far too much grist
=
APPOLLO'S FLAMING CHARIOTCYCLE

You have never been more happy to have a possibly haunted household in your life. Sure it took abit to actually get the ghost into the book but hey. Works!

Now your kinda lookin' like some form of sun god biker.

> Rudy: Ride into the sunset (Ie the fifth gate)

After carefully reading over the owners manual that mom had left in the garage underneath some old magazines you give yourself a tentative once over with the controlls, crash once or twice into a burning statue that really needs to stop screaming and go away already. but.. With some work.. you got it... You drive and with a push of a button and happy thoughts...

Your air born proper!!

You circle your house, hollering like a mad man who had just been givin the keys to the kingdom, the world is your oyster and now.. Now you got a few asses to kick!

You head skywards towards this gate, certain whatever was inside would be well worth the trouble... You.. Uhh.. Can get Lacy to fix up the dings in the side of the building from yoru crashes later.

For certain.​

> Mari: Take a breather

Once the battle is over, you put your weapon away and catch your breath. Whew. You wonder if you'll ever stop feeling out of your depth with this kind of thing... but for now, you'll settle for feeling relieved. You turn to face PM, giving her a smile, bow, and thanks. She nods back in acknowledgement.

Your eyes turn to the second gate, anxiety bubbling in your chest. You can't help but wonder what you'll be greeted with... but Ryan and her friends are counting on you to help them, so you have to push your fear down for now. You take a deep breath in and out...

> Mari: Enter the second gate

> Kiyo: Become the platformer.

You quickly try and get your balance, as you hop from the sturdier looking branches one by one, puncturing any turpentines that you see so you hopefully don't get ambushed if you happen to slow down. Watching that apple already alerted you to the deadly game of The Floor is Lava, so you'll have to be careful. It's too bad this mangrove tree isn't hollow or home to a wise caretaker like the other one of this size.

You eye the smoking spires. The next gate is probably near them, or possibly even more refugees of Derse and Prospit. Either way, the smoke signals your next goal. As you're hopping around carefully, you try and look for some way to get across to the spires. One of those Towers might be over there, as well...

Last edited:
> Lacy: Uncover Stone Platform

With your bare hands? Absolutely not! That is barbaric!

> Lacy: Get a shovel, then

Ah... where is home? Where are you? Land of Vines, Ruins and fuck! Okay, sure! You guess you weren't expecting too much from the game anyway. Oh- you totally forgot it was a game, talk about immersive! Your pesterchum is on fucking fire.

> Lacy: Open Pesterchum

Looks like your friends started a memo. You scroll to the beginning, that's a lot of messages. Internally, you groan. Externally, you also groan.

> Lacy: There's a lot of exploring to be done too

Pick a direction and walk, maybe you'll find maison Lovell, or a shovel. You trek through the dense jungle, marking the trees with little vine bows as you go, reading missed messages. Oh, now you know what alchemzing is. You should've done that before losing your way home. Bon, what can you do.

> Bria: Interrogate Robot

BRIA: Greetings...
BRIA: I am Princess Briallen, though you may call me Bria
BRIA: Wha— Who are you, exactly?

???: G00d quest10n;
???: N0 1dea;

BRIA: Splendid. We’re both clueless
BRIA: Do you remember how you got... disassembled?

???: N0pe;
???: Hard dr1ve 1s empty;
???: 1 take 1t y0u f1xed me th0ugh: END QUERY;

BRIA: Yes, but I didn’t do much more than alchemize the parts I found on LOKDAM
???: Ah, well;
???: Thanks f0r the ass1st;
???: D0 y0u... need me t0 d0 s0meth1ng: END QUERY;

BRIA: I... don’t believe I do?
BRIA: At the very least, nothing comes to mind
BRIA: What can you do anyway?

The robot’s arm opens and expands, revealing a large ENERGY CANNON inside, which fires a large beam off to the side. It takes a large chunk out of the BLUE CRYSTAL TOWER off in the distance.

???: Neat;
BRIA: AAH!
BRIA: You could’ve just told me you had an arm canon!
BRIA: Wait, no. You don’t remember anything, do you?

???: 1 am f1gur1ng th1s 0ut as y0u are;
???: R0b0t puberty 1s hard and n0 0ne understands;

BRIA: You poor thing.
BRIA: Can you at least try to provide a warning before blowing something up?
BRIA: You didn’t hit anything this time, but I doubt Saul would be happy if he was missing a wall when he came back.

???: My bad, that 1s 0n me;
???: Wh0 1s Saul: END QUERY;

BRIA: One of my friends— I hope I don’t have to explain that to you
BRIA: He lives here, and is one of the 5 people I’m playing this… this game with
BRIA: If you see a nervous-looking guy in overalls, it’s most certainly him

???: 1 may be a c0ld em0t10nless p1ece 0f metal, but 1 kn0w what fr1ends are;
???: 1 am n0t dead 1ns1de;

BRIA: My apologies
BRIA: I’m not exactly sure how this whole AI thing works

???: That 1s 0kay;
???: Ne1ther d0 1;

BRIA: Unfortunately...
BRIA: I’m aware that you don’t remember anything
BRIA: But can you think of something you’d like to be called?

???: Cl0sest th1ng 1 can f1nd 1s s0me server reg1stry 1D;
???: But all 1t says under name 1s “th1s f1eld has 1ntent1onally been left blank;”
???: S0 that w0uld be a n0;

BRIA: Wonderful
BRIA: Can you just... choose something temporarily?
BRIA: It seems a bit odd just calling you ‘robot’ in my head

???: 1 d0 n0t really have any 1deas;
???: Th1s c0nversat10n 1s my 0nly w0rld exper1ence after all;

BRIA: Then can I suggest something?
???: Sure, g0 ahead;
BRIA: I’m just going to start listing things
BRIA: Uh, beetle? Cobalt, tony, ro..ark?
BRIA: I suddenly remember why I use name generators so often

???: What 1s “r0ark;”
???: That d0es n0t really s0und l1ke anyth1ng;
???: Then aga1n 1 am 5 m1nutes 0ld, what d0 1 kn0w;

BRIA: Definitely more than the average baby
BRIA: And most names are just... sounds people like, half of them have similar meanings anyway

???: Fa1r en0ugh;
???: S0, what 1s 1t g01ng t0 be then: END QUERY;

BRIA: All of my suggestions so far are stupid
BRIA: LL? I don’t know, you do look somewhat like the guy in that old photo...
BRIA: Not that that means anything to you...

???: 1 d0 n0t kn0w 1f 1 w0uld call them stup1d;
???: 1 am really c0m1ng ar0und t0 r0ark;
???: 0h, 1 can l1e;
???: G00d t0 kn0w;

BRIA: Wonderful, the robot is learning sarcasm
BRIA: You’re Roark now
BRIA: Neither of us have better ideas, and you keep mentioning that name
BRIA: So you’re Roark now.

???: Well;
ROARK: Sh1t;

BRIA: ...This was so much more and so much less of an ordeal than I expected...
BRIA: How do you feel about demon slaying?

ROARK: 1 am pr0grammed t0 be d0wn f0r whatever;
ROARK: Let us slay s0me dem0ns;

After one of the most annoying and least informative conversations since you've entered this game, you make your way up Saul's House with Roark following behind you.

> Enter Third Gate

Act2Logo.png

> Saul: STRIFE!

You prepare for combat, taking step back and pulling out some EXPLOSIVES from your STRIFE DECK.

A HEALTH METER for The King appears at the top of your vision. It takes a full 10 SECONDS for the impossibly large bar to fill. You pull back to throw your first bomb, hoping to make enough SMOKE for a clever FEINT ATTACK, only to be stopped dead in your tracks. You aren't held in place by the TIME BOMB, or by some PSYCHIC HOLD, but by your own BODY refusing to move.

From the ground behind you, a large SPIKE of shadows has risen up and PIERCED YOUR CHEST, connected by a thin strand to The King, who hasn't even moved. The battle was over as quickly as it began. You drop to the floor, unarmed explosives scattering around you. The last thing you see is your victorious opponent turning into a tendril of ICHOR and floating off into the sky.

YOU ARE DEAD.

> Rudy: Enter Fifth Gate.

As you take to the skies, you see very far off on the horizon an explosion of FLOWERS AND PLANTS reaching great heights, SAUL must be having fun. You ascend to the next gate, content with your decision to SEQUENCE BREAK instead.

On the other side, you arrive in another ROLLING FIELD, though every BROADCASTING TOWER here is WARPED AND BENT at strange curves and angles. Up ahead you see a a large TEMPLE with two spiraling TOWERS rising from it. It is split down the middle, one half being RED, the other YELLOW. A monstrous swarm of UNDERLINGS guard it, gathering around a giant, half-buried SKELETON. Many begin dissolving into it as you approach.

SKELETAL LICH QUEEN (26/80)

Uh-oh.

> Mari: Enter Second Gate.

You arrive atop the home of a one KIYO AKIYAMA.

Above, the THIRD GATE. Below the FIRST GATE and ALCHEMY EQUIPMENT. Off in the distance, you see a dark STORM racing along the horizon, a plume of SMOKE leading it at pace.

> Kiyo: Approach spires.

You run and hop through the trees, easily avoiding the Abominations. You kinda feel bad for them for being USELESS AS ENEMIES.

As the towers come into view, you learn what they are. They are the SMOKESTACKS rising from the base of a large FACTORY in the middle of the swamp. It bears the symbol of a CHARTREUSE BEETLE on it's walls. It doesn't look like the rest of the building here, like it doesn't BELONG. You'll need a way to get inside, as the TREE LINE doesn't reach the building, bubbling MIRE forms a defensive MOAT around the perimeter.

> Lacy: Wander through the wood.

You traverse through the dense vegetation of LOVRA? looking for literally ANYTHING when you hear an LOUD BOOM.

When you find yourself in a CLEARING, you see a gaggle of DARK-SHELLED CARAPACIANS firing CANNONS and MUSKETS at some sort of ANGEL. It is humanoid in shape, but made of BLACK SLUDGE with two sprawling WINGS, and what appears to be a GATE floating behind it's back made of the same material.

Its health bar reads
THE SUN
but it is almost entirely EMPTY. The GATE begins spinning as The Sun prepares to unleash some sort of POWERFUL ATTACK. Suddenly, falling from a nearby JUNGLE TREE, another Carapacian with a SWORD lands on the angel's head and drives the sword through. The Sun falls to the ground and DISSOLVES. The menacing-looking individual wears a wide-brimmed hat and a SUIT JACKET emblazoned with the symbol of a SPADE on the breast pocket.

The Slithy Scoundrel asks you what you are looking at.

> Bria: Enter Third Gate.

You and your new companion hop through the gate, arriving deeper into the Land of Dreams, Sapphire, and Snow.

On the opposite end, you land at the base of a TOWERING SNOW-CAPPED SAPPHIRE MOUNTAIN, candy cane trees and gumdrop boulders along its face. You can see the vague shapes of large PURPLE MONSTERS roaming the mountain, along with a quick VIOLET BLUR further up. At the mountain's peak you see a TALL SPIRALING TOWER that looks like it was ripped right out of a fairy tale.

> Saul: Do the lifey thing.

You are now SAUL again, somehow.

When you open your eyes, you see a faint ORANGE LIGHT for a split second surrounding you before fading away. You are now in a very purple JAIL CELL. The room is small, nothing but the BED you woke up next to, a BARRED WINDOW, a BARRED DOOR, and the PURPLE PAJAMAS on your back. You go to your sylladex to get your PHONE or SOMETHING, but it is EMPTY.

Where the hell are you?

===> Saul: Die

Yup. Right on it. Bombs clatter and clang to the ground, spreading around you in a radius of undetonated regret. You give a touch to your chest, and you see a small then moderate amount of blood coat your hand. Oh wow.....that's....that's not supposed to be there. You feel yourself twitch helplessly, trying to crawl away but the tendril pierced clean through your spinal column and paralyzed you pretty instantly. Honestly, a cold if well calculated move. You have to give him props for that. Your hand shakes and leans over, light beginning to fade from your vision, and everything getting colder. You trace your finger along the floor and begin to write a message in your own blood as your last moments creep up on you. Hopefully they'll.....they'll see....they'll.....

===> Saul: Don't Die

Okay now you're getting mixed signals. You ball your hands into fists and get a grip on yourself. For some reason you don't really feel different, but you notice there's a certain.....weightlessness to you now, you give a hop, and nothing really happens. Might just be your imagination from having died a few minutes ago. Ah, jeez, you hope nobody ever reads that note. That would be embarrassing.

1650941324020.png

===> Saul: Jailbreak

Hm, the pjs are stylish AND comfortable, but now's not exactly the time for a nap. Looks like you're.....pretty stuck. Bars seem in pretty solid order, and you sure don't have anything on you to bust out of here the easy way. Best to analyze your surroundings and get your bearings before proceeding. You stand on your bed and look out of the window.

> Mari: Message Kiyo

Ooh!! How exciting! Does this mean you’ll get to go to everyone’s homes? And they’ll get to go to yours? Oh. But since you’re at his house, you should probably let him know. Just to be polite!

GA: hey kiyo!!
GA: guess what?
CG: What’s up
GA: im at your house!!!
CG: That’s mildly threatening

CG: Sounds good, though, glad you’re progressing
CG: From the way it sounds, we’ve almost all gotten through a gate

CG: Progression is going smoothly, thankfully, and without any major injury
GA: hehe i dont mean it as a threat

GA: its so cool that im here though!
GA: hopefully we’ll run into each other :)
GA: but one question

GA: was the smoke and storm here before? or is that new?
CG: That was always there, yeah

CG: But don’t get too close, it’s one of the Phantoms
CG: If you do, try and get to any settlements, where you’ll find the carapace people
GA: oh ok

GA: ill be careful!
GA: you be safe too!

GA: wherever you are
CG: I will, same to you
CG: Oh, and feel free to use some of the things in my house for alchemy

GA: aye aye captain!

> Mari: Upgrade

You go to the alchemy set up and see if you can upgrade a few things before heading through to the next gate. You aren’t looking to make anything new for now, just make sure your stuff is at the same level as what you’ll be facing!

Once you’ve done all you can, you head up to the next gate and go through.

> Mari: Ascend once more

Rudy: To business

You don't much care for the forming of that lich, but at the same time, it does seem like it'd be a good starting fight to see your new strength.

It'd be on your level right? Yea.

Though... They probably can't stop you from getting into that temple...

You await in the air, watching them swarm the skeleton, you rev your engine a few times, as if urging them to hurry up and do their thing.

The beast ride sounds like the roar of a lion with each rev, and you can't help...

But kinda see what Goku was getting at with that "Watching enemies transform" thing...

...Bah your bored...

>Strife!

You charge forward, spear raised and reay, with a singular strike you will try to onock the skull skywards.​

> Bria: Take in your Surroundings

Once again, you are so incredibly jealous of Saul’s land! Okay, maybe LOKDAM has hidden beauties somewhere, but you’d take monsters and cold over muck and moldy libraries anyday. Not than yout spend to long just looking around. You have a demon to talk to and companions to meet up with!

...You’re probably still going to grab a piece of candy before you go. Not to eat, that’s definitely not safe. Just to alchemize stuff with. After all it would be incredibly undignified for a demon of your stature to lick a candy cane growing out of the ground... no matter how tempting it may seem.

> Climb

You gaze up at the monster filled mountain and spiraling tower. That’s probably where the nextx gate is, and where you’ll find UD if the violet streak is anything to go by. You really wish you had known about this in advance, you would’ve alchemized hiking gear. You begin making your way up the mountain.

> Saul: Inspect window.

You gaze out the window to survey your new location.

You are on a very PURPLE PLANET, composed of LIGHTLY BROKEN GOTHIC ARCHITECTURE held together by familiar black sludge. More specifically, you are in a TOWER PRISON, several floors up overlooking the CITY STREETS under your window. Up above, you see endless black skies, a distant ASTEROID BELT, and even more distant you see a series of faint orbs that you can only guess are YOUR PLANETS. You also see some large WHITE MATERIAL floating in orbit around the planet, looks like it's TEXT. It's a bit hard to read at this angle, but based on prior context, you can understand it says DERSE.

Seems like some kind of SOCIAL GATHERING is happening below you. You watch. The "people" of this planet are not the carapacians you are familiar with, instead being humanoid creatures made of solidified black ichor, purple psychic flames engulfing their heads. Name tags floating above them call them DREAD MYRMIDONS, and them seem to be gathering around a BLACK GATE, through which several dozen AMPHIBIOUS SKELETONS are deposited. Like mindless drones, they cart these remains to a nearby building.

Suddenly, one of the Myrmidons changes, it's purple flame turning VIVID GREEN. It turns around and looks up directly at YOU from several hundred meters away. It begins a sprint towards the base of the TOWER you are in. Seems they know you're awake.

> Mari: Enter Third Gate.

You leap through the gate and are met with a rectangular ROOM and a bit of MOTION SICKNESS.

The room is empty, save for a RETURN NODE back from whence you came, and a sturdy metal DOOR. There is a heavy mechanical sound here, but you can't quite make out what it is. With nothing else to do, you open the door. You are met with a sudden WIND as you enter the space between TRAIN CARS on a locomotive riding at high speeds through the desert of LOSDAI. You are at the rearmost car of the train, above you there is the SMOKE PLUME from the engine, and as you peek around the corner your suspicions are confirmed.

Behind the train, following it at an ever-increasing pace, is a HORDE OF UNDERLINGS riding beneath a mighty STORM. From what Kiyo tells you, that is BAD NEWS. You don't think it has noticed you yet, though.

> Rudy: Assail metamorphosing enemies.

You attempt to strike the creature before it finishes it's evolution, but you are instead nearly knock out of the sky by the various ASPHALT OGRES that are launching PITCH IMPS in your direction like ARTILLERY. You manage to strike down most of them mid-flight, but some crash into your noble steed, dealing some non-insignificant damage to it. The rising undead monstress swats a newly-formed giant inky tentacle at you that you narrowly avoid.

It becomes clear that you won't be able to stop the transformation at this rate, so you instead clear out as much of the GROUND-TO-AIR Ogres as you can. The SKELETAL LICH QUEEN absorbs her 80th Underling and undergoes a frightening metamorphosis.

The NAME TAG shifts as eldritch tentacles and brambles sprout from it's lower half and it grows to the size of a KAIJU. Vibrant purple PSYCHIC FLAMES burn along the arms and engulf it's face.

The SKELETAL LICH QUEEN transforms into the LANGUOR HYDRA. A medium-sized HEALTH METER appears at the top of your vision to signify its status as MINI-BOSS.

> Bria: Ascend mountain.

You and ROARK begin scaling up the mountain. After some physical exertion you were not ready for, you are predictable accosted by various DEMONS in all shapes and sizes. ROARK manages to annihilate a couple with the LASER ARTILLERY in his arm before being grabbed and carried off by a winged, PTERODACTYL-LIKE DEMON.
ROARK: keep g01ng, 1 w1ll catch up;

He is carried off into the sky towards a swarm of flying demons. Various high-powered BEAMS begin shooting off in various directions as he disappears from sight. You are now left along with two DEMONS, one small and SNAIL-LIKE, the other larger and more akin to a MONGOOSE.

===> Saul: Duck

You duck immediately out of view of the now SPRINTING eldritch green myrmidons. With the pace it's going now, you don't have to be a math whiz to intuit you don't have long before that thing finds and catches you.

You have to focus on finding a way out of here or you may very well die for the second time today.

> Inspect Barred Door and Bed

> Lacy: Who's this weirdo?

Screen Shot 2022-05-01 at 4.34.59 AM.png
He's...

> ==>

Screen Shot 2022-05-01 at 4.35.13 AM.png
SO COOL!!!

> ==>

You eye him up and down, yep, you're looking at the best character in the game. Your brain is yelling at you to shake his hand, you're resisting every urge to squeal or clap your hands together, but you mustn't succumb, you can't. It's unbecoming and also super beta.

You tell the Slithy Scoundrel that you're looking at his ugly mug.

> Be Bria

The flying demon has set off before you even get the chance to attack it. You scramble to find something you can use to help, but you don’t have any far range weapons and you are not even close to strong enough to chuck something that high. Soon enough, Roark had disappeared into the distance. Oh no.

> Dodge!

Your panicked thoughts are cut off by the mongoose-like demon lunging at you. You dart to the side and its teeth ripping a hole into your cloak. You slash at the beast with your FIERY PEN KNIFE, but it doesn’t do much. The long demon rounds on you yet again, and the cold metal in your hand changes to glass. You toss a PEN OF PAIN at the demon, and pull your hood down as spicy red ink splashes over it.

You retreat as it writhes and tries to rub the ink out of its eyes. It seems that there are two demons here, though the snail hasn’t gone straight for your throat like the other has. Which makes sense considering it’s a snail.

You could try running, but you don’t know if you can outrun the mongoose demon. Besides, there’s a chance you’ll just run right into another horde of demons, this time without a laser wielding robot. At the same time, you don’t know if fighting the demons would end well… Saul had warned you about how dangerous these things are, and you’ll admit you haven’t had the most time to practice fighting…

> Run

Worst comes to worst, you’ll just have to fight more demons. At the very least, running gives you a chance of finding UD or a gate, or just anything that can help you not die. The mongoose-demon seems like it’s recovering from the Pen of Pain you threw at it, at least enough to try to attack you again.

You throw your PEN KNIFE at the demon (the non-firey one) and it lodges itself into the enemy’s head. Eugh, you’re not getting that back, are you? You toss the INKWELL OF THORNS behind you as you begin running up the mountain. You hear a shatter behind you as green, spike filled ink is launched into the air. You doubt it’d be more than a little annoying to the two demons, but hopefully it’ll slow them down enough.

Rudy: Begin Combat of the Mortal kind.

You weren't on a flat 2D plane for that, in truth, you just got an extra dimension of movement, which took abit of damage, that was annoying.

How dare they hurt your sweet ride! Never mind the fact you could make another!

And you will!

From their drops!

A whole bunch of them for your pals!

Riding off into the sunset like a gang of cool wannabe biker kids!

You put this thought away into your good ideas section of memories like a parent would put a child's doodle on the fridge.

But now it was time for extreme radical violence.

You rev your engine once more and repeat the rush, now seeing you foe comepletely you make certain to dodge the bullet hell of tendrils, raising your spear up high you let out a mighty ROAR OF BOYISH GUMPTION BEFORE attempting to AGGRESS your opponent once more!​

> Saul: Inspect bed and door.

You look under the bed you woke up in, hoping to find ANYTHING USEFUL. You find a KEY! You attempt to grab it, when you realize that it is simply a CRUDE DRAWING OF A KEY on the floor instead. Stupid dumb recurring gags! You turn to the door instead.

Looking out the bars of the CELL DOOR, you see into a hallway filled with similar doors, some bearing names like "AKIYAMA," "TROUNG," and "PRESCOT(?)" on them. You also see a GUARD walking through the halls carrying a ring of KEYS. It's another one of those DREAD MYRMIDONS, but not the green one from a moment ago.

> Lacy: Become a scoundrel.

The Slithy Scoundrel scowls succinctly, side-eyeing simultaneously.

He stows the REGISWORD in his INVENTORY and barks at the other carapacians to haul those cannons back to the hideout. He chooses to mostly ignore you, and begins walking deeper into the JUNGLE. Aloof bastard. The Carapacians begin storing the ammunition while their "boss" goes on ahead.

What remains of The Sun bubbles and boils on the ground in a puddle. Gross.

> Bria: Abscond.

The MONGOOSE-LIKE DEMON skitters and scurries about, trying to minimize DAMAGE, unlike a particular hard-to-spell monster from before. It is distracted. The SNAIL-LIKE DEMON begins slowly making it's way towards you, but you are fast enough to just sort of LEAVE. You do so.

You leave that particular LOWLANDS clearing and reach the cooler MONTANE TERRITORY of the mountain. You see a swarm of RAPTOR-LIKE DEMONS being assailed by a fast-moving VIOLET BLUR moving through the snow and bouncing haphazardly off the striped trees.

> Rudy: Aggress.

You fly through air not like a MAJESTIC FALCON, but like a NEWBORN BIRD, spinning in directions you didn't even know existed. Somehow, this makes you more evasive and harder to hit.

You (completely accidentally) perfectly weave through the assault of ELDRITCH FLAGELLA and manage to land a few blows on the LANGUOR HYDRA before dipping out of there while they take their turn FLAILING LIKE A WILD ANIMAL. The vast majority of the RED SIDE of the temple is DEMOLISHED in the attack. Several underlings try and congeal to her in an attempt to HEAL HER, but they are accidentally crushed in the FALLING DEBRIS.

Friendly fire: On.

> Mari: Go to the front of the train

Hm. That's no good. You should get an idea of the train's length and who else might be here. You'll figure out what to do once you get your bearings.

For now, you decide to make your way to the front, looking for any civilians or anything of note.

Rudy: Accost!

You are learning, watching, and getting the DL on these enemies. You totally planned attack patterns and totally not chosen from split second gut reactions against the foe's attacks were winning thus far.. But you need to get in, get a good strike to end it.. You can't have it destroy your prize of whatever was in that temple!

You rev up your motor once more, this time.. you think you can try getting a good strike in...

Getting more used to the.. erratic driving style, you go low, just above the heads of the flood of imps as you dip your spear into the veritable sea of living pitch, cutting a wake upon your approach, you eye the big beast, knowing it will try and crush you from above, but that will only make it easier to predict, which you are, very, obviously, doing.

Without question.

You make your way to the foot of the beast and aim to soar skywards, trying to cut the beast from guts to head!!

... It no doubt wont be a singular line with your shakey driving...

..Ehmn, sorry not shakey.

Evasive manuvers.

===>

Hm, seems like you're not exactly alone here. Were your friends also kidnapped in a similar way to you? Maybe.....but for some reason that doesn't feel right. You don't feel the same as you had before, and that dissonance with your own body is causing you to seriously doubt this is your own body. And that's not just because you don't have a giant stab wound through your chest! You figure the best way to leave is to nab that key ring when the guard passes by. Not like you're the best with subtly yoinking keys, but hey, a guy can dream!

You hear the footsteps and duck behind a wall. Okay, the guy was approximately 12 feet away from you and was walking at about a foot and a half per second, meaning he should have his back turned to you in roughly 8.5 seconds not accounting for if he stops or deviates from his path. The jangling of the keys tell you the course is rather secure. You wait for a moment, and then turn around to grab the key ring in a single pull, hopefully unsnapping the latch.

===>

You take a moment to catch your breath. Okay, maybe you panicked a tad bit more than necessary, but your plan worked! That is ultraviolet if you’ve ever seen it, though at this speed she looks more like a blur than a person. You start forward, and then stop. You’d much rather not get caught in the crossfire, considering how much attacking and bouncing UD is doing.

BRIA: Greetings!!
BRIA: Are you UD?

> Mari: Progress to next train car.

You move to the opposite door, entering the next car. You see a OLD-TIMEY PASSENGER CAR filled with various carapacians wearing PERIOD-APPROPRIATE OUTFITS. So many pocket watches and handkerchiefs. They seem to be somewhat NERVOUS about the approaching danger, and they are startled when a loud THUNK is heard from the CABOOSE. Looking out the window you see that several UNDERLINGS have leapt from the storm onto the locomotive and begin making their way towards the ENGINE.

We got a TRAIN ROBBERY on our hands, pard'ner.

> Rudy: Engage in perfectly planned flight maneuvers.

You manage to stabilize your ROLL and PITCH, but in the process your YAW goes absolutely batshit. Your "straight" cut ends up as a curving slice spiraling up the giant. When you try to fix that, your PITCH falls out of balance again and you are sent away from the beast just in time as it is FELLED and crashes into where you just were a moment ago. And they said flying was hard. The LANGUOR HYDRA collapses onto the swarm of underlings below, rendering the entire combat into a massive pile of GRIST, along with a TEAPOT OF LIQUID BLACK SORROW dropped from the hydra.

You manage to land relatively safely in front of the temple. The doors are still sealed shut, but there is now a MASSIVE HOLE in the wall right next to it.

> Saul: Engage in perfectly planned escape maneuvers.

You PUNCH THE GUARD in the face. It is knocked out cold. You forgot to account for the fact that when you stick your LANKY NERD ARMS through the bars, you CAN'T FUCKING SEE out of them. Now there are a bunch of keys on the floor, forever out of reach. But before you can kick yourself over it, you see a familiar sight barrelling down the hallway at a full SPRINT. The GREEN Dread Myrmidon has arrived, it's arm shifting like fluid into a long BLADE. You step back cautiously, prepared to fight with your EMPTY STRIFE DECK. Damn it.

A SLICE is heard as the door of your cell falls out of the wall and the Myrmidon's arm shifts back to normal. It waves to you with what you can only assume is supposed to be a CHEEKY GRIN, if only it had a mouth. It beckons you forth overenthusiastically.

> Bria: Call out to uberviolent disasterkid.
U.D.: wuh

You CALL OUT to the VERY PREOCCUPIED INDIVIDUAL who loses their footing and launches directly into the SWARM OF DEMONS, careening into the snow as they all evaporate. She takes a full 15 seconds to awkwardly pull her self out of snow.
U.D.: ow.

She looks at you and strikes an imposing pose as if she didn't just EAT SHIT.
U.D.: i've been expecting you princess of eternal night
U.D.: destiny has fated we would meet on this day.

Is... is she doing a voice?

===> Saul: Oh jeez!

O-oh jeez! You didn't mean to hurt that guy! Y-your arm it just sorta.....performed violence of its own volition! You feel really bad now.....uh, maybe you can call for help? Wait, that's stupid! These people are imprisoning you and your good friends! You guess you've just grown used to fighting underlings. These guys seem more vaguely humanoid and personable. Which makes you feel bad for inflicting violence. You get knocked on your ASS as the GREEN MYRMYDON slicing the wall down. You brace but.....huh....you shockingly remain in one piece as you close your eyes and shield yourself with your hands.

Whew! Lucky break! Would've been really bad if you died twice in the same day. You walk forward towards the green dread myrmydon.....though those later two words in its title seem less and less fitting now. You walk over to him, still heisting as you remain unarmed. You say hello, but the myrmydon is unable to respond given it lacks a mouth. What's up?

> Lacy: Follow

Well;; you;'re n,,ot f,,f,ollowing him,, you just; don't have a b..better,,, obje;ctive........ You HAPPEN to be WALKING IN THE SAME DIRECTION, actually. The same as the procession of little carapacians and their slithy leader that follows deeper into the jungle. You give a little wave to the little guys as you walk ahead. Your house can wait.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back