• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
> Saul

Your name is SAUL MAYVIEW.

God DAMN do you love MATH.

Math is one of the great universal constants that exists to bridge the limited capacity of the human understanding to the near limitless mysteries of the known and unknown UNIVERSE. It is the artistry with which every shell on every beach has a formulae to its CURVITURE, and how every human being has a finite number of calculable breaths that they will take before they DIE. The world is nothing but data, nothing but math, nothing but numbers already! So why don't we take the plunge and try and figure it all out? Because it's already.....already...solva.....hm.....

What were you talking about? You sort of ZONED out and began rifling through old POLAROIDS of your GARDEN that you keep on hand to remember what you grew over the last couple seasons. They depict a variety of TULIPS, HYACINTHS, CACTI, ROSES, AZALIAS, PEONIES and so forth that you tend to in your apartment's makeshift GREENHOUSE. Your favorite flower is the LILY, because it is a pure WHITE and has SIX petals usually, just like you and your FRIENDS in total number.

You tend to zone out like that, lose train of thought and become fixated on something else. It's why some people call you a SPAZ. But you don't mind, people are people, you guess, and it's quite alright what they think of you because it probably just means there's something going on with them that's causing them to act so rudely.....hm.

Oh yes, GARDENING. You love GARDENING almost as much as you love math, and if you had to define it as a strict numerical value, you would say you love gardening about 3/4ths as much as you love math. Oooh, or maybe it would be best expressed through a pie chart that could be calculated based on how much time you spend on each of your various interests over the course of a single day. OOOH! You could do this for ONE HUNDRED days and then calculate the average amount of time spent on each of those activities and then put THAT into a pie chart calculated using MICROSOFT EXCEL.

Oh. Hm. You lost yourself a bit there, didn't you. Wait, ok. Yes. MATH. GARDENING. PHOTOGRAPHY, GLASSWARE.....and, oh there was a fifth thing. You're positive there was a fifth thing, but you are getting a little distracted as you are now thinking about your PHOTOGRAPHY of your GLASSWARE COLLECTION. You enjoy dabbling in RETRO PHOTOGRAPHY, using your closet as a make shift dark room. And in a giant wooden cabinet are an assortment of NOVELTY MUGS, TEA SETS, DECANTERS, WINE GLASSES, SHOT GLASSES, CHAMPAGNE GLASSES, MARGARITA GLASSES and so on.....though, you do not drink. You have never had ALCHOHOL.

It would be PROBLEM if you ever had ALCOHOL.

>

> Korekiyo "Kiyo" Akiyama

Sunlight pours into the attic bedroom as the screen moves into focus.

A YOUNG MAN stands in the center of his small-ish room in your home at the heart of Kyoto. As previously mentioned, his name is KOREKIYO AKIYAMA, though you usually go by KIYO within your central friend group. Despite the fact that your high school is currently on break due to JANITORIAL and PLUMBING HAZARDS, you have chosen to wear parts of your SCHOOL UNIFORM (along with your favorite YIN-YANG pin), as it is surprisingly comfortable.

Despite the size of your room, you fit several pieces of furniture within due to your use of INTERIOR ORGANIZING. Plus, the sunlight that comes from the two large, slanted windows in the attic ceiling illuminate the space in a way that you enjoy. You even have a small telescope installed in one that you use during the clear nights, to see past the light pollution of the city.

The items that decorate your room are worn, but useful. Your
BED is pushed up against the far wall, opposite the HATCH that slides open, allowing you to climb the ladder down to the second floor of your home. A few POSTERS hang above your bed, but not many. Just right of your small TELESCOPE is your tall birch DRESSER, which holds your CLOTHES RACK, SHOE RACK, and PIN BOARD. Oh! Looking up above your dresser, sit the two pieces of decor, those being a LUCKY CAT, and a DARUMA that only has one of its eyes filled in. After all, you have yet to complete your goal for the year.

Right of your dresser is your BOOKCASE, which holds a variety of literature, including fiction, guides, and how-to's. Sitting against the leftmost rafter, on the left wall of your room, is your DESK. Your DUAL-MONITER COMPUTER sits idly, currently turned off. To the right of your desk sits your DISCRACK, which holds all of your WII GAMES, and finally, your KEYBOARD on its stand.

At the foot of your bed sits a large TRUNK which usually holds KNICK-KNACKS, PERSONAL ITEMS, TRINKETS, and your NINTENDO WII + ACCESSORIES. On your person currently, is your OUTFIT, your KEYRING, and your MOBILE PHONE.

You were just in the middle of something... Oh yes, you were looking for your PERSONAL CAMERA. Today is looking to be a perfect day to get some street-shots at the nearby park or shrine, and despite not knowing whether or not you'll actually go, you keep your camera around your neck at all times just in case. Tricks learned from your Mother always seemed to pay off, after all.

But anyways, you should get moving. After all, you aren't the only hero in this story.

>

> Be Rabbit

The rabbit shrivel and shake in fear, their ears folded back and body tensed as the hand lowered upon them, how, how could it have turned out this way...

>Be boy petting the rabbit.

You are now Rudy "Rowdy" Roller, a young man currently petting the small creature with no true end of the fondness you feel for it. At the start, you worried each time you pet them you were hurtin them or making them scared.

Turns out, after some time in your hobby of caring for RABBITS you learned thats... Kind of their instinct. Even if your a friend they will sort of look abit defensive when you give them some lovins. They open up abit over time, espeacially when their around you alot, but Mom doesn't let them in the house. Fair, they can be abit dirty....

...But their soooo cute!!!

You take another picture with your phone's camera to share on PESTERCHUM though your certain your photography friends would have a word about your... Uhh... Shoot what did they call it? Fancy word for how the photo is done? Oh, your handle was CoolTool which is an unfortunate end result of a ongoing joke befote it ended up not be able to to be changed anymote.

You have a tendency to get ahead of yourself, some might say you need to think before you leap but alot of times you'd miss the chance if you stopped to consider every detail.

You gotta go fast.

But rabbits weren't the only thing you liked, even of they are oh so cute. Your main thing lay up in your room. Table top role playing games are what you love, mostly anything deal woth adventures and fantasy are what you love. It was fun being a hero! Though it also kinda... Stuck him into playing the fighting classes.

Sure he was good at it but everytime he tried playing a wizard or something he just doesn't get it...

Too much planning! Not enough fun!!

You also have abit of a horror binge, it happens on occasion when you find a new genre or whatever it sort of eats up all your time as you BINGE on it.

So, yea, you like alot of stuff...

Wait what was he doing?

Ah, feeding the rabbits, this may take abit, so best go see somebody else. Wait, what do you mean you need more?

Go! Hurry up! We don't got all day and you have alot of time to learn about this boy!

Go go go!!

>Hurry and be somebody else.​

> Bria

You are PRINCESS BRIALLEN of the Kingdom of eternal night! A DEMON descended from the MOST POWERFUL of dragons and fairies. Heir to a long lost kingdom once heralded as the GREATEST in the whole world! When you come of age you will rise up to TAKE OVER THE WORLD and show it the true might of your realm once again!

And... You are honestly still too SLEEPY to commit to this act. And the last thing you would want is to slip up and ruin your continuity.

You are BRIA TRUUNG and only a few minutes prior, you were PASSED OUT in the middle of your BEDROOM. An area approximately the size of a teenager seems to be only thing in your room free of CLUTTER. That and your mostly unused BED. A pile of STUFFIES sits in the corner, full of cute creatures from the various MANGA you have read. And up against the walls are two BOOKSHELVES absolutely filled with BINDERS.

You could fill a whole book talking about the contents of the various BINDERS on those shelves. You could write a whole ESSAY about how they are the superior vessels to hold your various WRITINGS. The majority of the binders store various notes about the many FANTASY STORIES you've written, while a separate one holds the stories themselves. However that is not the only thing you have. There are also various SCHOOL ESSAYS you've written, some you are very PROUD of and others you look upon with DISDAIN. You also have a folder cataloging your friends' various INTERESTS and HOBBIES and some other things about them. Which is NOT weird, okay? You're just trying to be a GOOD FRIEND. And in a much more worn binder is your favorite RECIPES to make.

Speaking of RECIPES, you also spend a decent amount of time BAKING. Following well set out, precise instructions to get a DELICIOUS RESULT is just too fun! Not to mention the HISTORY and SCIENCE behind it all! Ever since you began you've made a point to add some kind of dish to all of your WORLD BUILDING. It adds FLAVOR, literally and metaphorically! For example the KINGDOM OF ETERNAL NIGHT has a kind of steamed bun that has a kind of symbol on the bottom of it. They're made to bring GOOD FORTUNE to those who eat it! And the particular kind depends on the many FILLINGS, which all have both a mundane and more extraordinary equivalent and--

This is VERY off topic. But you suppose it segways nicely into the reason you stayed up till MIDNIGHT. And it's not to imitate your DEMONSONA. But it is related to her. You spent last night sorting your GRIMOIRE, a very fancily decorated binder filled with every bit of LORE you've ever written about PRINCESS BRIALLEN. It is incredibly important that you review and revise it every few weeks. The last thing you would want to do is have to RETCON something because your notes were messy.

But enough about you, there are still two more people who have yet to introduce themselves!

> Be someone else

> Mari Prescot

Your name is MARI.

You find yourself standing in the middle of your room, surrounded by various FABRICS, SEWING TOOLS, and many BOOKS of varying subjects. Out on your balcony is a TELESCOPE and chair. A LAPTOP sits on the star patterned covers of your bed, its bright screen gently illuminating the wall it faces.

While there's much to do in relation with your hobbies, you recently decided to try and venture outside of your comfort zone! Your friends wanted to play this game they found, and you happily agreed. It would be a great way for everyone to do something together!

But it's not time to play yet… so what will you do?

> Mari: Review your ‘Sky journal’

A notebook sits next to your laptop, the cover itself a plain black. However, you’ve covered it in many, many STICKERS of varying images. As for the contents of your SKY JOURNAL, it’s a record of your constant CLOUD-WATCHING and STARGAZING. After all, you want to keep some notes about what formations you’ve seen! Even if it’s just for your own personal enjoyment.

As you sit down to review your notes, you realize there’s still one more friend who should introduce themselves!

> Be someone else

> This broad?

Hey, she's a lady.

> Lady Broad

Your name is LACY LOVELL.
You're a young woman of thirteen, currently you find yourself in your BIGASS ROOM. TROPHIES line the shelf above your desk, near your window, and next to your wardrobe. Cold waves of air enter your room through your open BALCONY window as you sit on your QUEEN SIZED BED. Born into
the UPPER CLASS and HEIRESS APPARENT to your grandparents' fortune after your parents dipped to where the djinns ditched their kids, you sure live a good life.

> ENTER THE OLD MAN

How rude! The old man opens the door to your aforementioned bigass room, he tells you to get ready for your BALLROOM DANCING lessons. You tell him you QUIT BALLROOM DANCING A FEW YEARS AGO, he asks you if you're sure. Of course you're sure, don't you remember LOLA? Oh, yes, he remembers. Then what was it that you had? Nothing today. Ah, come help him in the GARDEN then since you're free.

> Sure.

Where were we? Right, introduction. As mentioned before you used to do ballroom dancing before, well, you know, despite doing both BALLET and FENCING, the biggest fight you've ever gotten into was during your time in the ballroom. You also help your Opa around the garden, you like it since he lets you SHAPE THE SHRUBBERY. Check that out, it's a cool rat, "Mr. Crapaud" as your grandmother called him. Your Opa kneels next to you as the two of you prune and pluck and pot.

> What about the game?

>

Oh shit.

> LASS SCAMPER

> Everyone: What about the game?

That's right. Each of the 6 of you has a special mission to accomplish to begin playing: the harrowing task of DOWNLOADING THE GAME, which is actually a rather uneventful process these days, who runs stuff off of disks anymore anyway?

In fact, most of you already downloaded and installed the game when you purchased it for insultingly little money. Really all that's left is to START PLAYING at this point. You don't really see any reason to drag this stuff out, aside from maybe shooting one another some messages via PESTERCHUM so some omniscient observer who controls the narrative can get a slightly better feel for your characters before deciding some stuff.

Up to you.

> Hold up, we've got some business to attend to

You nod at the omniscient voice controlling the narrative but shrug it off momentarily. You need to find that CAMERA.

It wouldn't be in your dresser, bookcase, or desk, so you bend over and open the top of your trunk to rummage through it. Within your hands pass over an UNFINISHED CHESS SET, three wooden KOKESHI DOLLS of varying size that you bought on a day trip to a regional shrine, a MAC TONIGHT figurine, some plastic yoyo toy, a TOY TRAIN, a deck of dusty CARDS, some random green rocks, your NINTENDO WII...

Ah, here it is!

Standing up, you put the strap of your KODAK TACTICAL CAMERA around your neck and shut the lid of your trunk.

Now that that's settled, you may as well see what's up on the web. You stretch momentarily, then walk over to your desk before sitting down in your sturdy oak chair. Starting up your desktop, you gaze in stale bewilderment at the icons before you.

Your computer background is a merging of two albums from one of your favorite bands, Yellow Magic Orchestra, which stitch together into a surreal greeting whenever you log on each day. While you obviously do a lot on this machine, you keep your desktop space very clean, with only the essential icons shown. Near the bottom of the screen are PHOTOSHOP, which you only use for editing and trying (and failing) to learn pixel art, and RPG GAME RIPPER, a tool you often use to rip assets from games you like. Near the center and top are the three main programs you tend to use the most: ORCHID, an indie program that you utilize as a programming sandbox with your favorite language, PYTHON. C++ can suck ass; PESTERCHUM, though you prefer to use the CASTLE THEME which gives the UI a more stone-brick/gemstone-laden look that you think is really unique in a pixel-art style; and SNITCH, your all-on-one software that is both a game library, game shop, asset locator. You've used this program for nearly every game you've ever tried to make or ever bought, and really admire the creators for making such a freeform application.

Oh, then there's your internet browser, JOLLIBROWSE, sponsored by the Canadian fast-food franchise.

Anyways. You went off track.

You decide to see who's online before opening any games, in case you need to connect code or anything. Opening Pesterchum, you browse your chumroll whilst letting Snitch open in the background.

Oh, looks like your ARCH-NEMESIS (not really) is online. Let's see what they're up to.

-- congruentGregarious [CG] started pestering gregariousAeon [GA] --

CG: Hey, are you online
CG: Like for a while?

Last edited:
> Mari: Check Pesterchum

It looks like someone’s messaging you! Let’s see…. Oh! It’s Kiyo! Your GREAT FRIEND and RIVAL! Setting your SKY JOURNAL down, you focus on your laptop and reply to Kiyo.

GA: hi kiyo!!
GA: yeah im around! whats up?

CG: Remember that game we got on the sale a few months back?
GA: mmhm!
CG: I was thinking that today might be a good time to play it

CG: Mostly because I'm on still on break
CG: And I'm not sure how long that'll last
GA: yeah!!!
GA: do you know if the others wanted to play today? :o

CG: Oh, I'm not sure
CG: I haven't asked them yet, just you because I saw you online.

GA: ok!! i can see about pestering some of them here in a minute

GA: but yes!! id love to play :)
GA: oh btw

GA: hows your most recent project coming?
CG: Do not worry, your downfall is imminent

CG: Spiritwell WILL be finished by the end of the month
CG: I'm just not very good at, you know

CG: Art
GA: youre getting better with it all the time tho!

GA: but dont think that means i plan on losing hehe
GA: ive got a new coat in the works for you!

GA: but itll be done by the end of the month >:3
CG: Damn you and the knitting arts
CG: You needle witch, you

GA: excuse you i primarily do SEWING not knitting!
GA: but ill take that as a compliment regardless

CG: Yeah whatever, it's all dark magic in the end
GA: DARK magic??? im offended! >:O
CG: Haha, gotcha

CG: Anyways
CG: Played any good games recently?

CG: That didn't cost like less than 10 dollars
GA: what was the name of the last game you made again?
GA: i dont play games much so yours is the last thing i played

CG: Oh, Facade?

CG: That one was alright
CG: Your basic RPG with modern elements

CG: Plus I modeled the main character after myself because I was even worse at pixel art back then
GA: i thought it was fun!
GA: dont sell yourself short!

CG: It was fine, yeah

CG: But Mari
CG: You MADE ME A SWEATER in less than a month

CG: Plus you stole my measurement from my mom
GA: your point?
CG: Good job
CG: (you're winning) 😉

GA: hehe thank you!! im really proud of how it turned out!
GA: i just want to make sure you know that this isnt a one sided competition!! it wouldnt be a competition then!

CG: But like really, it's really comfortable, good job for that!
CG: I'm not wearing it now obviously, but I did during the colder seasons a few months ago

GA: thank u!!

GA: and just so you know, facade was super friendly to new players! namely me!
GA: but for this game we r gonna play
GA: depending on how nice it is to newbies i might need some help :p

GA: im not the most epic gamer in the world after all
CG: I mean I'm not either

CG: I'm a bigger puzzle guy than FPS guy, but I'm sure you'll do fine
CG: Besides, how hard could a game this cheap be in the first place?
GA: yeah but considering youve MADE stuff before, you have more experience or understanding than i do
GA: and i dont think price equals difficulty????

CG: ...

CG: Yeah, I suppose you're correct
CG: Still, we'll have all six of us (hopefully) playing, so you'll be getting tips from everyone

CG: Maybe if it's connection by person we can connect, but that'll be a case-by-case thing
GA: true!!

GA: well just have to both help each other out, huh?
GA: unless we turn this into a competition too! depends on what kind of game it is i guess
CG: I'm not sure actually

CG: I'm opening Snitch right now to give it a good look
CG: Have you talked to any of the others?
GA: ok!! and not yet
GA: ill go message saul and see if he wants to play!!

CG: Cool, good luck!
-- congruentGregarious [CG] stopped pestering gregariousAeon [GA] –

Now! Time to go round up the others!

> Mari: Better Call Saul!
gregariousAeon [GA] began pestering gardenCelebrationist [GC]

GA: hey saul!!!

GC: Oh, uh, hey mar
GC: How’s it going?

GA: its going good!
GA: me and kiyo were talking abt playing that game we bought a while back today
GA: and i am on a mission to see if everyone else wants to play!
GA: and everyone includes you!

GC: Oh! yes....the game, thing,
GC: The one you told me about, i almost completely forgot it was on my library

GC: I was wondering why so many people were online all of a sudden
GC: Sure, sure, i’ll play
GA: sweet!
GA: oh and btw how are you doing! i forgot to ask that back hehe

GC: Oh, well, you know

GC: Just messing around in my room, i swear i was doing something important but i can’t remember what...
GC: Talking to rudy...you know, just uh, yeah

GC: Stuff
GA: i see i see >:3 rudy, huh?
GA: could u go ahead and ask rudy if he wants to play? :o

GC: ...can’t you???

GC: I mean...i guess i could???
GC: Sure, sure i’ll ask

GC: No guarantee we’ll stay on topic though, you know we both lose focus too easily
GA: thanks saul!
GA: and youre already talking to him so its easier this way!

GC: I guess...i mean we weren’t already talking, i just sent him a couple of messages

GC: And now look like that person that sends like, five messages to start a conversation
GC: Is that dorky? hm, maybe i should try and delete them?

GC: Yes that seems like a proper course of action
GA: nooo youre overthinking it!

GA: i dont think rudy will mind or think much of it
GA: and if he does you can blame me for asking you to ask him!

GA: youve gotta have more confidence in yourself!
GC: Haha...yeah

GC: Thanks for being a good friend mar, i really hope i’m not being a burden like this
GC: Talking to people it just, it’s...scary, even when it’s online
GC: ...are you inviting lacy?
GA: mmhm! i plan on asking bria too! that way everyone will be playing

GA: and no problem! you arent a burden at all!! everyone needs support from their friends from time to time
GA: i hope im not scary though haha
GC: You aren’t!

GC: Lacy IS
GC: You once mentioned that this game had like, server client pairs, yeah?
GC: If that’s the case can you at least promise me that she will be...FAR away from me?

GC: If that’s okay
GA: hmmm ill try i guess!
GA: but one im not sure if thats something i can ever control
GA: and two, maybe itd be good to work on a team with her!

GA: it might make her less scary to you?
GA: regardless of what ends up happening though ill be here whenever you need me!!
GC: It’s not that she’s even mean or a bad person or anything

GC: She can just be...kinda, intense?
GC: And not in that funny bri way
GC: In that...snarky, lacey way, my brain knows she doesn’t hate me or anything but it makes me feel like it sometimes
GC: God i’m such a crybaby, aren’t i?
GC: I can handle it and definitely talk to her, but you know how it is
GC: But...blugh, fine, fine

GC: I hate it when you’re right
GA: noooo youre not a crybaby!! Quit being mean to yourself

GA: or else ill come all the way over there and give you a (gentle but still firm!) bonk on the head!!
GA: i promise itll be ok regardless of what happens!
GA: and hey! You might get lacy with the server/client stuff, but you might also get me or rudy!

GA: nothing is set in stone yet!
GC: Haha, i don’t know who i’d be more nervous to play with, her or him...lol

GC: But i’ll be brave, i promise, you don’t have to keep worrying about me
GC: And ow! my soft and impressionable skull! you’ve bonked it!
GC: Oh god i need to message bri less, all that rping is starting to rub off on me

GC: “The Demon Mathematician of the Nine Hells Regails his Majesty with a Jaunty Clacking of his Abacus” lmao
GA: hehehe

GA: bria is fun to rp with
GA: and i believe in you saul! ill be cheering for you the whole time! :)

GA: let me know what rudy says whenever he replies, OK?

GC: Thanks mar, i’m sure we’ll have lot’s of fun together!!!
GA: :D

- gregariousAeon [GA] ceased pestering gardenCelebrationist [GC] -

Alright, let's check in with someone else for a bit, yeah?

> Saul: Inspect Room

Your inspect your ROOM. It is a lovely room! your favorite one in the entire apartment, in fact. Your walls are a lovely shade of light BLUE, your furniture is all tinted a bit RED, and you have an abundance of objects and paraphernalia which is a bright, unmitigated YELLOW. Whenever you are sad, you decide to go out and buy something ORANGE to cheer you up. It's your favorite color.....mostly because it reminds you of HER.

> Saul: Turn to Poster

HER being SUN WITCH ♪ ESPER ITO, or as she's known by her secret identity, KIRUMI SODA, an everyday junior highschool student who spends time with the members of her LIGHT MUSIC CLUB, who happen to ALSO be members of the GALACTIC SEXTUPLET, a color coordinated group of SPACE themed MAGICAL GIRLS who protect the UNIVERSE from a myriad of heinous evil, magical threats! By day they practice music and juggle their course loads, trying to perfect the perfect GIRL GROUP and by night, they hone their latent MAGICAL ABILITIES to fend off crime. It's your favorite show and something that makes you feel more calm to watch. Its low pace, bubblegum aesthetic and sleek animation helps you take your MIND off the stressful things in life.

Ah, if only you could be as DARING as Kirumi. Originally she was rather shy, but with the powers of her magical cat JUNIPER (who later turns out to be one of the seven crystaline maidens trapped in animal forms, scattered on each of the planets' temples of ruination which must be explored, a dangerous guardian spirit lurking their to test the might of those who challenged its ancient power) became as BRIGHT AS THE SUN. You wish you could be so beautiful and charming, unafraid of others.

> Saul: Text some Peers

Ah, you're getting way from yourself again. You realize you should probably get into contact with some peers, to pretend like you're doing something more useful with your time.

You proceeded to have this conversation which we have already read:

gregariousAeon [GA] began pestering gardenCelebrationist [GC]

GA: hey saul!!!
GC: Oh, uh, hey mar
GC: How’s it going?

GA: its going good!
GA: me and kiyo were talking abt playing that game we bought a while back today
GA: and i am on a mission to see if everyone else wants to play!
GA: and everyone includes you!

GC: Oh! yes....the game, thing,
GC: The one you told me about, i almost completely forgot it was on my library

GC: I was wondering why so many people were online all of a sudden
GC: Sure, sure, i’ll play
GA: sweet!
GA: oh and btw how are you doing! i forgot to ask that back hehe

GC: Oh, well, you know

GC: Just messing around in my room, i swear i was doing something important but i can’t remember what...
GC: Talking to rudy...you know, just uh, yeah

GC: Stuff
GA: i see i see >:3 rudy, huh?
GA: could u go ahead and ask rudy if he wants to play? :o

GC: ...can’t you???

GC: I mean...i guess i could???
GC: Sure, sure i’ll ask

GC: No guarantee we’ll stay on topic though, you know we both lose focus too easily
GA: thanks saul!
GA: and youre already talking to him so its easier this way!

GC: I guess...i mean we weren’t already talking, i just sent him a couple of messages

GC: And now look like that person that sends like, five messages to start a conversation
GC: Is that dorky? hm, maybe i should try and delete them?

GC: Yes that seems like a proper course of action
GA: nooo youre overthinking it!

GA: i dont think rudy will mind or think much of it
GA: and if he does you can blame me for asking you to ask him!

GA: youve gotta have more confidence in yourself!
GC: Haha...yeah

GC: Thanks for being a good friend mar, i really hope i’m not being a burden like this
GC: Talking to people it just, it’s...scary, even when it’s online

GC: ...are you inviting lacy?
GA: mmhm! i plan on asking bria too! that way everyone will be playing

GA: and no problem! you arent a burden at all!! everyone needs support from their friends from time to time
GA: i hope im not scary though haha
GC: You aren’t!

GC: Lacy IS
GC: You once mentioned that this game had like, server client pairs, yeah?
GC: If that’s the case can you at least promise me that she will be...FAR away from me?

GC: If that’s okay
GA: hmmm ill try i guess!
GA: but one im not sure if thats something i can ever control
GA: and two, maybe itd be good to work on a team with her!

GA: it might make her less scary to you?
GA: regardless of what ends up happening though ill be here whenever you need me!!
GC: It’s not that she’s even mean or a bad person or anything

GC: She can just be...kinda, intense?
GC: And not in that funny bri way
GC: In that...snarky, lacey way, my brain knows she doesn’t hate me or anything but it makes me feel like it sometimes
GC: God i’m such a crybaby, aren’t i?
GC: I can handle it and definitely talk to her, but you know how it is
GC: But...blugh, fine, fine

GC: I hate it when you’re right
GA: noooo youre not a crybaby!! Quit being mean to yourself

GA: or else ill come all the way over there and give you a (gentle but still firm!) bonk on the head!!
GA: i promise itll be ok regardless of what happens!
GA: and hey! You might get lacy with the server/client stuff, but you might also get me or rudy!

GA: nothing is set in stone yet!
GC: Haha, i don’t know who i’d be more nervous to play with, her or him...lol

GC: But i’ll be brave, i promise, you don’t have to keep worrying about me
GC: And ow! my soft and impressionable skull! you’ve bonked it!
GC: Oh god i need to message bri less, all that rping is starting to rub off on me

GC: “The Demon Mathematician of the Nine Hells Regails his Majesty with a Jaunty Clacking of his Abacus” lmao
GA: hehehe

GA: bria is fun to rp with
GA: and i believe in you saul! ill be cheering for you the whole time! :)

GA: let me know what rudy says whenever he replies, OK?
GC: Thanks mar, i’m sure we’ll have lot’s of fun together!!!

gregariousAeon [GA]
ceased pestering gardenCelebrationist [GC]

Hm, maybe she's right! Maybe you need to start testing out your comfort zone more. You will message Rudy!

> Saul: Message Rudy

And then proceeded to have this conversation.

gardenCelebrationist [GC] began pestering coolTool [CT]

GC: Hi! Uh, Rudy
GC: So i was just meandering around my room sort of doing nothing as i have a tendency to, forgetting what i was just thinking about, indulging in hobbies
GC: Haha, you know...cool stuff that cool guys do
GC: Were you interested in playing the game, thing?

CT: Yo yo yo sup dude

CT: Yea hobbies b the coolest thing a cool dude can do I dig.
CT: Yea, game, got that goin, went down to take care of the Hunny Buns.
CT: Well, some of em are Hunny. Like five em are white and they kinda look the same so they are Hunny-Bunny bunch, yea.
CT: Except Bunnifer she got a black tail.
CT: But yea games goin, prob b done soon.

CT: Don't got much else to do so all clear for today.
GC: Oh! chill
GC: I love your rabbit
GC: And i think one of these days it would be nice to hang out so i can take some decent photos of her
GC: Since all you send are blurry screenshots on your phone!!! Heresy! Lol
GC: And cool, mar wanted me to ask, not necessarily because i wanted to ask, but mar did
GC: But, i mean of course, if you’d LIKE to play this game with me that’s something i would love!
GC: But like, in a cool way.

CT:hey come on it’s hard to keep them still!
CT: Well, sometimes, but when you have a bunny nice and comfy you just gotta pet em.
CT: Makes you forget the camera.
CT: maybe you meeting em might be in the future, just, well, see how it goes right?
CT: game! Right the game!
CT: Wait shit what do we even know about that sucker?
CT: AAAAAH idk I just wana play iiiit!
CT: I’mma do it now.

GC:W-wait!
GC: Uh...if you, want a server or client, i’m certainly available
GC: And uh, you really think so?
GC: That would be...nice :^)
GC: ...Rudy?
GC: Oh god rowdy please don’t tell me you went and did something sporadic and unpredictable again

GC: Your impulsiveness always throws off my statistics...

Hm. You should not have messaged Rudy.​

Last edited:
> Be Rabbits

The camera returns to the bunny pen, empty save for rabbits, they look towards a doorway that was left close on it's own. The rabbit's eyes gleam, excitement was about to stir and their great prophecy shall ensue. They knew the tides of natures whim and will, for a beginning to beget so to it must have an end.

An end is nigh.

But so is a beginning, they hope, for their friend's sake, he is prepared for the trials upcoming.

They much on some grass and left over cabbage in their thoughtfulness, before a mental about face and returning to their business, meek and unimportant as it was.

It was important however to get some familiarity before the unfamiliar takes root.

>Be Rudy

Rudy was making his way up the stairs, furiously texting away whilst climbing up his heart was set aflame like the furnace of a steam engine. Everytime they, his friends, talked about this fame he wanted to play it more and more!! He had to gt to his computer! Damn thing had to be downloaded already right?

The stairs were perched in the living room, Mom was nowhere in sight for the moment as she was out and about somewhere in the nearby woods. Preparing for something, he wasn't sure what. She was always so ominous it was crazy. Though he didn't think about it too much he oft suprised his friends by just talking about the things she does. Like the time he found her conductig a ritualistic seance type thing. Or so you thought it was anyways.

The Demonic Princess of your group was pretty certain it sounded like up her alley, but, at the same time, you weren't so ceetain. Moms don't do that stuff right?

Nah.

Just mom things.

Like the occasion goat culling or the drawings she occasionally did.

Mom things, yea know?

Speaking of, there was alot more drawings around now, like, alot more.

Sometimes kinda squiggly? That one looks like an octopus.

Neat, you love your mom, such a great painter.

Anyhoo.

You sally forth up stairs, ignoring the great pile of red flags burning in the wind, ignoring each time you pass by a window and can witness your rabbits looking upon your wayward visage in awe. Ignoring the minute feeling in the back of your head that squeaks out beneath the torential flood of chaotic feelings of needing to GO!

You reach the top of this almost towerlike staircase (Was it always this high?) And reach your room, second door on the left and past the taxidermied Dog. He was a good dog, momma had him when you were born. He was old by the time you were able to walk and he just kept getting older. He was kinda like Clifford the Big Red dog, lotta love in him so he grew real big!

Till he met that bear, Mom said it was a bear anyways, anyways she stuffed him and now he stands quite litterally over your doorway, you go under him to get in! Can't feel scared at night woth a guard dog like Dog. Yea that was his name, Saul thinks thats kinda mean to call your dog just Dog but, hey, it works.

Anyways, the door seemed to be freshly painted like the walls, but inside your room is exactly how you left it. To your immedate right is a reading spot beanbag chair and window seat combo, lovely. Next down the right is your computer which is flashing abit, you'll get to that in a second.

You have many monster movie posters around on the walls, some there to cover drywall holes from your... Rambunctiousness. Across the way is your bed, and at the foot of that is your T.V, you have a few game systems there set up.

Shoot, looks like the raccoons got in your closet again, all that mess.. So much scattered around, who even plays with Ouija boards now anyways? Yes yes, fancy magic trick landing the puzzle pieces directly on the letters... Barbatos?

Hahahaha, dumb raccoons. That sounds like the name of a place! Silly scamps. Shame hes yet to catch them in the act.

But after his closet, which is filled TO THE UTTER BRIM with DnD stuff and other things you find interesting. Even old video tapes you found that are plenty spooky!!

Ah... Yes... Now to talk to your friends more and start this game all together...

Yes...

That is what you intend to do....

> Play the game do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it

You immedately press play as soon as your hand touches the computer mouse, there really was no two ways about this you wanted in and would tell the others about it soon.

You slap on your headphones and start playing some music loud as you can as the situation downstairs becomes rather noisey and distracting.

You got no time for that, you have a game to play!!​

>Lacy: Open Browser
Screen Shot 2022-02-01 at 11.30.14 PM.png
You open your LAPTOP and take a good look at the applications that are totally there. From your messenger of choice, PESTERCHUM to your browser, REYNARD, you see them, right? Oh, look at that, your pesterchum bounces in place, you have a message.

> Lacy: Answer GA
gregariousAeon [GA] began pestering cherieChevalier [CC].
GA: hi lacy!!!
GA: were u busy today?

CC: More or less, what is it?
GA: me and some of the others were wanting to play that game we got a while back today!
GA: I wanted to see if you and bria wanted to join too!

CC: Ah, yes, I found it.
CC: Server-Client pairings, huh?
CC: So Saul, Kiyo and Rudy are playing too.

GA: mmhm!
GA: although I don't have confirmation that rudy will be playing just yet, i have a feeling he will though :P
GA: but saul and kiyo are definitely in!
GA: and ya there's server client pairings!! altho nothing's been decided in terms of that yet

CC: I
CC: see.
CC: I’m sure it’ll be a golden gaytime nonetheless!
CC: Or whatever it is you call it.

GA: so i can take that to mean ur in? :D
CC: Oh, defo.
CC: Of course.
CC: Well, only if Bria and Rudy are joining in as well.
CC: But I am confident that they will.

GA: yay!! i asked saul to talk to rudy about it since i was gonna ask you
GA: so that just leaves bria!
GA: or i guess i should say her highness briallen hehe
GA: ill see about reaching out to her soon! i did want to finish reviewing my sky watching notes!

CC: Good, good!
CC: Et alors?
CC: What did you see today?

GA: nothing new! I was just admiring how pretty things are today :)
GA: and what have you been up to? before I messaged you that is!

CC: That’s so like you, Marie.
CC: Mari*
CC: Hehe, like a little husband.
CC: I’ve been gardening with my opa all morning.
CC: The sky was very pretty, lots of big clouds today.
CC: I think it’ll rain soon, less work for me, so I’m happy.

GA: like a husband?? haha i dont know what you mean exactly but ill take it as a compliment?
GA: and thats nice!! i always love how pretty clouds are ^^
GA: i wanna sleep on the big fluffy ones and the wispy ones are just beautiful!!
GA: i hope the plants are doing well though!

CC: Oh, you’re so cute.
CC: I could crawl out of your screen and pinch your cheeks!
CC: It’s french, dear.
CC: If you want to keep dreaming on your little cirri and cumuli, I can pester her Highness.

GA: oh yeah hehe thank you
GA: i dont really know any french but that makes sense
GA: bless search engines :P
GA: and yeah if you want to message bria that would be great!! ^^ thats super nice of you to offer

CC: On it~
CC: TTYL, Mari.

GA: au revoir lacy! hehe
CC: Bisous~

cherieChevalier [CC] ceased pestering gregariousAeon [GA].

> Lacy: Get into character

You don your SILLY LITTLE BONNET and find yourself in the shoes of a LADY DE LUNE OF THE FIFTH CIRCLE. A mysterious noblewoman with not even a face to her name, only a reputation for DUELING and HUSBAND HUSBANDRY. You have three demon malewives, and, yes, they bong. You crack your fingers as you prepare a meeting with the PRINCESS BRIALLEN.

> Lacy: ...

CT's online.

> Lacy: Pester CT

cherieChevalier [CC] began pestering coolTool [CT].
CC: Rudy.
CC: Are you there, Rudy?
CT: Sup yo got the game goin
CT: Legit light show in my room now.
CT: Wait, not the others, Lucy?
CT: Ye shit thought still talkin to Kiyoyo what up?

CC: …
CC: Okay, it’s fine.
CC: This is probably how it should go anyway.

CC: I’m opening up the server file.

Ohoho! How comic! What a silly situation you've found yourself in, fuck.

> Lacy: Pester TA

cherieChevalier [CC] began pestering tenaciousAbberation [TA]

CC: Your highness.
TA: Greeting Lady Delune. How are you faring on this fine morn?
CC: Oh, the most terrible thing happened just now!

CC: It seems I must guide our friend Rowdy through the game I was about to invite you to play.
CC: Can you recall?
CC: The one
CC: Muramasa

CC: Muramasa the Traveler found.
TA: Of course! How could I forget such a thing?

TA: I have been waiting a great many sunrises for the day we embark on that quest!
TA: In fact, that very program now sits on my computer now,

TA: Resting till the day it will be played.
CC: Yes, Princess, it seems like today is the last of your waiting.

CC: Allons-y, then!
CC: You're joining us, yes?
TA: Most certainly TA: I would not miss an opportunity to engage in some revelry with my closest allies!
TA: Though it may be perilous, any journey with friends will be great fun! TA: I do wish you luck with Rowdy, however TA: He is not the most careful sort

CC: YEAH

CC: Ahem,
CC: I concur! He certainly isn't.
CC: Wonderful to have you on board!
CC: I'm afraid I must leave,

CC: Adieu, Your Highness!
TA: Fare thee well Lady Delune!

cherieChevalier [CC] ceased pestering tenaciousAbberation [TA]

>Lacy: Bonnets off, check back with CT
CC: What the fuck am I looking at
CC: What’s wrong with your mom?
CT: What? Dude lol you can't see mom shes over here.
CT: You in yet er somethin?
CC: Yes, I’m in.
CC: Is this your house?
CT: Idk lol how would i know what you're seeing?
CT: Whats the house look like? >:3

CC: It’s a house.

CC: Debatably.
CC: In the woods.

CC: Why do you have so many bunnies?
CT: I have a perfectly normal amount of bunnies.
CT: …Wait these bunnies surrounded by a literal shit load of traps? Like, one that kinda looks like a flamethrower?

CC: What?

CC: Oh.
CC: Yes, I see it.
CC: Shall we start then?
CC: I suppose it’s a bit of a stupid question to ask.
CC: Ah,

CC: Oups.
CT: Oops? Uhh, wait start what? I mean yea but like what’re we doin’?
CT: What do i need to do? My game won’t start >;(

CC: Sorry about your… Big dog thing.

> Be Rudy

Alright thats wierd why is Lucy talking about your house... Thats wierd... wait...?

What happened to Dog?

Plopping off your headphones you hear the chaos around you. Well, at least it was the normal sounds. The screams down below are new. You hope mom's okay.

Lucy mentioned your mom, so, maybe shes doing one of those MomThings.

Okay time to go see whats up.

> Go to the hall.

You pull open your room door and... Huh... The hallway seems alot more fluffy than usual.

Wait no thats Dog.

Shit he fell down again.

Okay you got this what did you do last time Dog blocked your room, has been awhile he did since last time is when Dog was alive. You push, hard, but it seems he is abit more heavy than you remember... Or maybe hes nudged against something...?

Oh well, time to go out the other way.

You wander over to your window and creak it open, yep, thats a long fall... Whelp! Time to go! He had to see whats going on out there!!!

With a quick leap, the Ladscramble sending him out the window and falling to the ground. Half way through, he withdrew his favored weapons!

And planted them into the wall. He hanged there for a second before dropping safely the rest of the way. He planted both feet upon the grass, rising up to full height once more.

The rabbits nearby seemed to be watching something in the sky, Mom was chanting something now within the circle room, or you think shes in the circle room, it was under yours so you were pretty certain.

But... Did your house always have that big symbol on the wall? You kinda stabbed it on accident, you hope your mom wont be mad about that.

Whatever paint she used, its kinda glowy.

> Take a picture

You pull out your phone and try to get a good photo, well, selfie anyways. You got your house in the background, the symbol thing, yep all good.

Naturally, the forest has those eyes peering at you from the dark, but hey, it was bear season.

You didn't need to worry until they start howling... roaring?

Yea good pic.

You send it to Kiyoyo and Saul, over Pesterchum.

You love your photobros.​

> A few minutes in the past...

-- congruentGregarious [CG] started pestering coolTool [CT] --

CG: Hey you there
CT: Hey you, it's me >:3
CG: What're you up to right now
CG: Wanted to ask you something if you're not busy

CT: Gaming, on the way to gaming.
CT: Game ain't gonna game it'self.
CT: Game this game yooooo.

CG: Oh, what're you playing
CT: Uhhhhhh, dude whats it called?
CT: Like, the game.
CT: Four letters sounds dumb.
CT: Got a month back and haven't actually played it till today and only cvause someone else talked about it then Saul talked about it now I'm talking about it?

CG: Oh yeah, that's the one
CG: Mari might've talked to Saul to talk to you about it then
CG: I'm still on break over here but I'm not sure how long it's going to be
CG: So we're trying to get the gang together for SBURB or whatever it is
CG: How are the buns

CT: Buns are in the oven.
CT: Well, nah.
CT: Their all good is what i'm saying.
CT: *They're
CT: or whatevs
CT: Taexting while climbing stairs sucks.
CT: WHy so manu stairs mah.
CT: Typing hrd

CG: Imagine having trouble climbing stairs
CG: Couldn't be me

CT: Imagine imagining
CT: Couldn't be me >;3
CT: But yea like whats this game about anyways.
CT: like, rpg? FPS?
CT: Gotta be multiplayer.

CG: Hoping it's not FPS, pretty sure it's not
CG: Obviously it's multiplayer though

CT: FPS when mixed with stuff can be fun tho.
CT: Like, had this real time strategy game, valkria story..? IDk but had this rts rpg with FPS mixture that was mad crazy unique.
CT: But, uhh, yea idk if this would be like that
CT: Quick Loogle search got nothin

CG: I think it has some sim mechanics to it?
CG: I'm not sure, just though it'd be a fun pick since it can't have much
CG: That price sure was gouged a lot

CT: be good to kill abit of time, half the fun of multiplayer is multiplayer stuff.
CG: Not sure if it's full of action or not
CG: Maybe it's like a multiplayer roller coaster tycoon or something?
CG: I dunno, you're the one who's about to play it like immediatley

CT: Yep yep!
CT: I'll keep you posted >:V

CG: Sounds good, good luck

-- congruentGregarious [CG] stopped pestering coolTool [CT] --

Looks like things are going to plan. Minimizing Pesterchum for a second, you find yourself at the Library Page for SBURB. There isn't much to look at, very few screenshots, minimal ratings... But, whatever, you were the one that recommended it anyway during winter break a few months ago. But who to connect with...

Ah, you got it!

-- congruentGregarious [CG] started pestering gregariousAeon [GA] –

CG: So how’d it go with everyone
CG: I just talked with Rudy but it looks like he’s already in the loop

GA: oh really? :O
GA: lacy said shed talk to bria about the game
GA: so i think weve got everyone >:3

CG: Got it
CG: Hey, so, I know you were worried about not knowing what to do and stuff
CG: And I think Rudy mentioned that this was server-client
CG: Mind if I be your server?

GA: thatd be awesome!!!!
GA: if its a bunch of server-client pairs, then it should come around in a big circle right?

CG: Hold on, then, I’ll go ahead and start this thing up
CG: You should do the same!

You hit the 'play' button, and a cool intro with some spinning spirographs plays as you watch the loading bar fill up. After a fun jingle, the name of the game, SBURB, floats onto screen with a black background, before fading out and...

Huh?

GA: KK! Getting that set up now :)
GA: let me know when ur connected

CG: Okay, I’m booting it up
CG: I should be good now so whats on your e
CG:
CG: What the fuck

GA: there isnt much on my end
GA: but what are you seeing? Is it any different? :O
GA: im assuming it is?

CG: Mari
CG: Turn around once and then wave your left hand

GA: huh? Ok!
CG: I can see your room
CG: I can see you

GA: omg really??
GA: :o

CG: What the hell is this game
CG: And we’re all playing this right
CG: Do you see anything on your screen?

GA: yep i think everyone is playing!
GA: technology is so cool :O
GA: not really. It just says we’re connected

CG: Okay so
CG: I guess we just uh
CG: Keep playing? I’m not really sure
CG: I guess this isn’t worrying then if it was so cheap
CG: Hold on I’ll try and interact with something

Moving your cursors around, you click randomly to see what you're capable of. You touch one of the books sitting by Mari, and... throw it? It flies through the air and outside, off her balcony. Well, that's concerning.

CG: Okay so this is more than some dark web shit
CG: I can interact with your environment somehow
CG: Sorry for throwing that book off your balcony

GA: kiyo!!! :(
GA: wait wait
GA: can you pick it back up and bring it to me? :O

CG: Uh, let me try
CG: There we go, despite it’s condition
CG: Before we go any further can we like
CG: Tell someone about this

GA: hehehe sure!
GA: im not sure who started playing yet
GA: but you could check and see
GA: and thank you for returning my book to me :p

CG: No problem
CG: Okay I’m gonna go ask Rudy how he’s doing
CG: Stay safe

-- congruentGregarious [CG] stopped pestering gregariousAeon [GA]

Pesterchum opens again, showing a photo Rudy seems to have sent you of some... glowing paint? You're still slightly worried, but it doesn't look like anything extremely bad has happened. Maybe you've just discovered a better way to see your friends overseas?

Still, something seems ominous about it. You'll stay wary for the time being.

> Be Saul again

You are now Saul again. Seems like Rudy stormed ahead and went dark, and so have kiyo and mari for that matter. You can only imagine they've all paired up somehow? You wait for a few moments and realize that you haven't even installed and run your game yet! Oh, wait, you just got a notification from Rudy! Surely he...is that a summoning circle?

> Saul: Find a comfier place to sit down and play games

You decide the confines of your ROOM is not great for playing games and you would like someplace more scenic and relaxing. You hold your laptop as you begin to install the game and download its numerous features. The spirograph spins and twirls as you make your way down the hallway and to your GARDEN. It is a lovely GREENHOUSE built artificially into the side of your apartment which once was a balcony but has since been fully converted. A variety of vegetables, flowers, pots and various gardening supplies litter the area. You are tempted to put on your WORK GLOVES and start some relaxing work, but you realize you shouldn't get distracted. You plug in your laptop to one of the outside outlets and sit on a wicker DECK CHAIR. Hm, server or client....it all seems rather arbitrary to you. You figure you're more interested in the term 'server', so you upload it and....oh. You're already connected to someone? Wait....is that....

gardenCelebrationist [GC] began pestering tenaciousAbberation[TA]

GC: Hey bri!
GC: Er, i mean, uh

GC: Hello, Princess Briallen
TA: Greetings Laplace!
TA: How are you doing on this fine morning?
TA: Or whatever time it is in your corner of the world
TA: Have you perhaps come to ask me about that game we’re planning to play?
TA: Sburb was it?

GC: Oh, i’m surprised you could guess
GC: Mar’s word has traveled pretty far already hasn’t it
GC: Oh, er, i mean...
GC: I forget what her name is, uh, anyway
GC: Yeah! I’ve connected, i think...to you?

TA: You have?
TA: I’m not at my computer at the moment... so just give me a second
TA: I don’t see an awful lot on my end, what’s being displayed on your screen?

GC: Y-yeah, i’m sorry!
GC: I didn’t mean to i sort of just, well, you know
GC: Installed it and then it found you? I could u-uninstall if you…
GC: Hm, um...Bria...i think i see your room?
GC: And it’s so cluttered!!!

TA: It is not that messy!
TA: I just.. Haven’t gotten around to tidying up yet
TA: Wait, the game is displaying my room?
TA: That is simply not possible

GC: Well…
GC: if you don’t believe me, just do something with your hands or move in a certain way
GC: And i’ll tell you what you just did!

TA: Okay..
TA: How many fingers am I holding up?

GC: Trick question!
GC: You’re on your phone, no fingers

TA: I-
TA: Actually, I’m going to ignore the ramifications of that for now
TA: Can you do anything like... I don’t know, move stuff around?

> Saul: Try to move some stuff around

You begin clicking around, trying to get a feel for these controls....your mousepad is being difficult with it though and you....oops. Shit. Shit fuck shit. Binders and papers begin to fly everywhere on your screen as you try to gently nudge Bria's BOOKCASE.

GC: Uhhh, i dunno!
GC: Lemme just try…

GC: Ah!!!! I’m sorry i’m sorry i’m sorry!!!
TA: Oh no
TA: Oh my god, that’s going to be a pain to clean up
TA: But it’s
TA: Fine. kinda

GC: Blugh, i’m so sorry...there's no nuance to these controls whatsoever

GC: They’re so clunky, it’s like playing a flash game from 2009...
GC: What...i think i can, deploy things? like, machines?

GC: It’s like sim city 2000!
TA: That’s... actually really cool!
TA: But can you maybe put them in the living room? Something’s definitely going to get crushed if you put them down in here

GC: Got it! Deploying now...or, er, reticulating splines, hehehe

GC: So i’ve deployed them! but uh, you didn’t have much room so i put the totem lathe thingy in the hallway, the ‘alchemitter’ contraption in your front yard, and the cruxtruder...god these names are stupid
GC: Anyway i put that one in your kitchen
GC: I don’t really know how to work these things and the interface isn’t letting me interact with them beyond moving them

GC: So i’m guessing that’s your job? They probably have to be used in confluence with each other
TA: Definitely seems to be a puzzle of some sort
TA: But this is the beginning of the game, so it probably won’t be *that* hard.
TA: Otherwise no one would get anywhere

GC: Probably not…

GC: Hm, bri...would you be...terribly angry at me if i commissioned your fridge?
GC: For a...very scientific purpose
TA: What are you going to do to the fridge?
TA: Because it would be horribly inconvenient if someone happened to it
TA: I quite like having a working refrigerator

GC: ...duly noted princess

GC: Yes, your baking apparatuses are important to you, writing that down, scribbling it, memorizing it
GC: Uh, how about a coffee table? the lid to the cruxtruder is stuck and i need to smash it open with...something
TA: The living room furniture is fair game

TA: I don’t really care about any of the stuff there

> Saul: Find something to break this cruxtruder with

You do indeed scrounge about for a bit. The whole place is rather sparsely decorated, especially the living room. You give the URN CONTAINING BRIA'S PET SNAKES' ASHES a very wide berth when giving cursory scans. You look for something PARTICULARLY UGLY that you're sure no one would miss and you find a rather heinous looking GIRAFFE ANIMAL STATUE. Eugh, who's blind three year old sculpted this nightmare from the abyss? You pick it up and let it drop, NECK FIRST into the cruxtruder.

GC: Mkay! firing away!
GC: ...what the hell is that thing?
TA: I hope you’re aware that I have no idea what you’re talking about

Last edited:
> Bria: Get Ready

Well, you’ve already taken the liberty of putting on your make-up. A demon Queen must look her best at all times, lest she seem weak in the eyes of her enemies. Your perfectly done eyeliner is a signal to those around you that you are in control, a single smudge could signal that you are losing your edge!

But of course, that is not everything you need to do.

> Prepare for your future adventure

Ah yes! The game you agreed to play with your friends! You are excited to embark on such a perilous quest with your closest allies! There is little that matches the joy of such an experience!

You’ve already downloaded the game, so all you need to do is check to make sure everything is in order before you actually start playing.

> Check Laptop

You go over to your laptop and… everything's fine. Surprising. Something always seems to go wrong at the most inopportune moment, especially when it comes to online gaming. But today everything seems fine. Well, you'll have to connect with a friend before you start playing anyway.

> Answer Friend

Speaking of which, it seems your dear friend Lacy is messaging you. Or, well, Lady Delune would be a more appropriate way to refer to her.

cherieChevalier [CC]began pestering tenaciousAbberation [TA]

CC: Your highness.
TA: Greeting Lady Delune. How are you faring on this fine morn?
CC: Oh, the most terrible thing happened just now!
CC: It seems I must guide our friend Rowdy through the game I was about to invite you to play.
CC: Can you recall?
CC: The one
CC: Muramasa
CC: Muramasa the Traveler found.

TA: Of course! How could I forget such a thing?
TA: I have been waiting a great many sunrises for the day we embark on that quest!
TA: In fact, that very program now sits on my computer now,
TA: Resting till the day it will be played.

CC: Yes, Princess, it seems like today is the last of your waiting.
CC: Allons-y, then!
CC: You're joining us, yes?

TA: Most certainly TA: I would not miss an opportunity to engage in some revelry with my closest allies!
TA: Though it may be perilous, any journey with friends will be great fun!
TA: I do wish you luck with Rowdy, however
TA: He is not the most careful sort

CC: YEAH
CC: Ahem,
CC: I concur! He certainly isn't.
CC: Wonderful to have you on board!
CC: I'm afraid I must leave,
CC: Adieu, Your Highness!

TA: Fare thee well Lady Delune!

cherieChevalier [CC] stopped pestering tenaciousAbberation [TA]

It’s always nice to talk to Lacy! And even nicer to know that some people are already starting the game. You click on the application to allow it to load while you finish up some stuff.

> Acquire Elixir of Alertness

Why yes! A potion brewed from the dark of night, and infused with the souls of powerful creatures is one of the few things keeping you awake throughout the day. (Seriously, without coffee you would be asleep 24/7. You’re definitely addicted at this point.)

Unfortunately your father believes that the constant consumption of dark magics is harmful toy your development. So you will have to sneak out and brew the concoction without him noticing. You slowly open the door and creep through the hallways into the living room.

> Look at Shelf

Ah yes! The shelf holds the urn of your late familiar, Mr. Slithers. Or, well he was your Father's familiar before you took a liking to him. Your father is a great healer of creatures and has helped a great many beasts. But unfortunately, Mr. Slithers was not suffering from an ailment. He was simply a very very old snake. You miss him very much, and when he entered his eternal slumber you insisted on giving him a lavish funeral.

> The other thing on the shelf

Your eyes shift to the small picture sitting on the shelf. It’s hard to make out features when it’s so small and set up so high, but almost everyone who’s seen it said they could see the resemblance. Which didn’t make sense, your dad was adopted. Anyway you’ll… talk about that one later.

> Consume Elixir

You finally arrive at the kitchen! You pull open the fridge to see… the container of fruit juice that normally hides your Elixir of Alertness is nowhere to be seen. Curses. It seems your father has finally caught on to that particular scheme. Oh well, you suppose you can do without for a bit.

> Answer friend

Oh. It seems Saul is messaging you!

gardenCelebrationist [GC] began pestering tenaciousAbberation[TA]

GC: Hey bri!
GC: Er, i mean, uh
GC: Hello, Princess Briallen

TA: Greetings Laplace!
TA: How are you doing on this fine morning?
TA: Or whatever time it is in your corner of the world
TA: Have you perhaps come to ask me about that game we’re planning to play?
TA: Sburb was it?

GC: Oh, i’m surprised you could guess
GC: Mar’s word has traveled pretty far already hasn’t it
GC: Oh, er, i mean...
GC: I forget what her name is, uh, anyway
GC: Yeah! I’ve connected, i think...to you?

TA: You have?
TA: I’m not at my computer at the moment... so just give me a second

> Hasten back to your room

You return back to your room and check the screen. Hm. There doesn’t seem to be anything in the game window. Either it’s crashed, or simply waiting for someone else. You open pesterchum back up.

TA: I don’t see an awful lot on my end, what’s being displayed on your screen?
GC: Y-yeah, i’m sorry!
GC: I didn’t mean to i sort of just, well, you know
GC: Installed it and then it found you? I could u-uninstall if you…
GC: Hm, um...Bria...i think i see your room?
GC: And it’s so cluttered!!!

TA: It is not that messy!
TA: I just.. Haven’t gotten around to tidying up yet
TA: Wait, the game is displaying my room?
TA: That is simply not possible

GC: Well…
GC: if you don’t believe me, just do something with your hands or move in a certain way
GC: And i’ll tell you what you just did!

TA: Okay..
TA: How many fingers am I holding up?

GC: Trick question!
GC: You’re on your phone, no fingers

TA: I-
TA: Actually, I’m going to ignore the ramifications of that for now
TA: Can you do anything like... I don’t know, move stuff around?

GC: Uhhh, i dunno!
GC: Lemme just try…
GC: Ah!!!! I’m sorry i’m sorry i’m sorry!!!

TA: Oh no
TA: Oh my god, that’s going to be a pain to clean up
TA: But it’s
TA: Fine. kinda

> Mourn the bookshelf

You look down solemnly at the spilled binders. You have no idea how you’re going to explain this to your dad. Or how you’ve going to clean everything up in a timely manner, the damn thing’s bigger than you. Then again, you aren’t that tall.

GC: Blugh, i’m so sorry...there's no nuance to these controls whatsoever
GC: They’re so clunky, it’s like playing a flash game from 2009...
GC: What...i think i can, deploy things? like, machines?
GC: It’s like sim city 2000!

TA: That’s... actually really cool!
TA: But can you maybe put them in the living room? Something’s definitely going to get crushed if you put them down in here

GC: Got it! Deploying now...or, er, reticulating splines, hehehe
GC: So i’ve deployed them! but uh, you didn’t have much room so i put the totem lathe thingy in the hallway, the ‘alchemitter’ contraption in your front yard, and the cruxtruder...god these names are stupid
GC: Anyway i put that one in your kitchen
GC: I don’t really know how to work these things and the interface isn’t letting me interact with them beyond moving them
GC: So i’m guessing that’s your job? They probably have to be used in confluence with each other

TA: Definitely seems to be a puzzle of some sort
TA: But this is the beginning of the game, so it probably won’t be *that* hard.
TA: Otherwise no one would get anywhere

> Leave your room

You leave your room and… that is much large than expected. You would’ve hoped it would be smaller, but no luck. Thankfully there’s enough room to squeeze through the hallway. You try the wheel on the cruxtruder. No luck, this thing is stuck fast. You’d have to be incredibly strong to open it on your own

GC: Probably not…
GC: Hm, bri...would you be...terribly angry at me if i commissioned your fridge?
GC: For a...very scientific purpose

TA: What are you going to do to the fridge?
TA: Because it would be horribly inconvenient if something happened to it
TA: I quite like having a working refrigerator

GC: ...duly noted princess
GC: Yes, your baking apparatuses are important to you, writing that down, scribbling it, memorizing it
GC: Uh, how about a coffee table? the lid to the cruxtruder is stuck and i need to smash it open with...something

TA: The living room furniture is fair game
TA: I don’t really care about any of the stuff there

GC: Mkay! firing away!
GC: ...what the hell is that thing?

TA: I hope you’re aware that I have no idea what you’re talking about

> Step Back

A statue of a giraffe crashes into the cruxtruder. Oh, that’s what he meant. And oh no. You might not care about the beasts your father decorates the house with, but he certainly does. That will be much more difficult to explain than the bookshelf.

> Mari: Begin playing

When Kiyo offered to be your server player, you couldn’t help but feel a bit relieved. Even if he likes to deny it sometimes, he’s more experienced with this sort of thing than you are! So you feel very thankful to have him helping you out.

As you eagerly await for the game to start, it takes you a moment to realize that the client side wouldn’t have much in it… but you wonder if it’s bugged? It only says you’re connected- Oh! Kiyo’s messaging you again.

CG: I should be good now so whats on your e
CG:
CG: What the fuck
GA: there isnt much on my end
GA: but what are you seeing? Is it any different? :O
GA: im assuming it is?
CG: Turn around once and then wave your left hand

GA: huh? Ok!

Doing as Kiyo requests, you turn towards one corner of your room, excitedly waving and giving a big smile.

CG: I can see your room
CG: I can see you
GA: omg really??

GA: :o

> Mari: Wave more

Holy shit!!! He can see you? That’s so cool!!!! You proceed to wave with both hands, a bigger grin on your face than before.

CG: What the hell is this game
CG: And we’re all playing this right
CG: Do you see anything on your screen?
GA: yep i think everyone is playing!
GA: technology is so cool :O
GA: not really. It just says we’re connected
CG: Okay so
CG: I guess we just uh
CG: Keep playing? I’m not really sure
CG: I guess this isn’t worrying then if it was so cheap

CG: Hold on I’ll try and interact with something

You snap your head, eyes darting around your room to see if anything happens. What would he pick up? COULD he pick something up?

A blur moves across your vision, causing you to jump a bit, blue eyes wide and fixed on the balcony…. Oh no! That was your journal!!

CG: Okay so this is more than some dark web shit
CG: I can interact with your environment somehow
CG: Sorry for throwing that book off your balcony

GA: kiyo!!! :(

You give Kiyo the biggest pout of your life.

GA: wait wait
GA: can you pick it back up and bring it to me? :O
CG: Uh, let me try
CG: There we go, despite it’s condition
CG: Before we go any further can we like
CG: Tell someone about this
GA: hehehe sure!
GA: im not sure who started playing yet
GA: but you could check and see
GA: and thank you for returning my book to me :p
CG: No problem
CG: Okay I’m gonna go ask Rudy how he’s doing

CG: Stay safe

-- congruentGregarious [CG] stopped pestering gregariousAeon [GA] –

Kiyo leaves you to your thoughts, if only for a time. Woah… this game is gonna be a lot more than you thought it would be! Sure, it’s a bit intimidating, but it’s also exciting! Hmm, what to do while you wait for Kiyo to come back so you can resume?

> Mari: Download server

It shouldn’t take long, but you assume you should go ahead and get that started for whoever you act as the server for!

Still, the fact that the server can interact with the client’s surroundings… so cool. But as you stand up, holding your precious journal close to your chest, you look out through the opened door and to the outside world… He really threw that journal, huh?

You consider shutting the door, but Kiyo might accidentally throw something again? So maybe you should just leave it open. You’d rather go downstairs and grab something as opposed to dealing with a broken door. You leave it as is. Looking around your room, you brainstorm... you don't know the objective of the game yet, but you know Kiyo can move things around you... You wonder if he could pick up something like your bed with you on it... nah, too dangerous.

Instead, you elect to sit back on your bed and message a friend, one who you know is around.

> Mari: Pester Lacy (Again)
- gregariousAeon [GA] began pestering cherieChevalier [CC]-
GA: lacy!!!
GA: kiyo and i got the game connected and stuff and hes??? able to move stuff around?? like in my actual room!!! ive never heard of anything like this before!! have you?
GA: im very excited to try the server side for myself!
GA: have you started yet? :o :o :o

> Be Bria.

With a flash of light, the CRUXTRUDER explodes open, revealing it's treasured contents.

A strange BRIGHT RED SEIZURE ELEMENTAL blinks and flashes while floating around the room, attempting to communicate in a way you simply lack the understanding to comprehend. It decides to erratically float above you as you investigate the scene.

Additionally, the CRUXTRUDER can now CRUXTRUDE it's limitless supply of red CRUXITE by turning the wheel on it's side.

Finally, a small display on the lower end of the device that shows a timer:
6:06... 6:05... 6:04...

You got ONE (1) CRUXITE DOWEL.

Last edited:
Ow ow ow ow. You can't stop staring at the Seizure Elemental, but you really want to. This game should've had so many warnings. Or at least some wall of text and a box to check before you started. After what felt like an eternity of following the seizure orb around the room, you finally look away. And then you notice the timer ticking down.

> Cover it

Yeah, that's going to drive you insane if you keep looking at it. You get back into your room and go over to the desk covered in various kinds of stationary, cute tape, fancy pens and inks, and a couple of pencils that are strictly display only. You grab a black and red roll of WASHI. You put a piece over the timer, frowning as the numbers still fainty appear behind it. Whatever. That will make it a bit less obvious and a bit less worrying.

> Locate Seizure Orb

You look around and find it whizzing dangerously close to the shelf. You run over to the shelf to shoo the orb away, but all you manage to do is rattle the shelf. The ornate serpentine urn rattles and spins and tips off the shelf. You go to catch it, but it's too late. Mr. Slithers' Urn crashes right into the Seizure Elemental.

BRIA: NO! MR. SLITHERS!!!

> Kernelsprite: Become prototyped.

The KERNELSPRITE (SEIZURE ELEMENTAL) shifts it's visage, displaying the icon of a SNAKE FACE in the center of it's light-mass. It's undecipherable language evolves into a strange sequence of what looks like SNAKE EMOJIS. It floats more erratically then before.

If you could understand it, you would gather that it is PANICKING because of the timer, and that you need to hurry up and use the DEPLOYED PHERNALIA to get past this stage of the game. But you can't understand it, so you don't gather that.

===>

> Saul: Bria!!!

What the hell is Bria doing? Is that....that was a timer! It's counting down! You attempt in vain to try and reach your client partner and realize that she is taking a lot of steps to try and NOT address the elephant (snake?) in the room. Goddammit Bria....oh. Oh shit, you just now realize that you are also a part of the problem. You did not deploy the PREPUNCHED CARD. You deploy it quickly as Bria is making CRAFT and decide to do it FOR HER. You take one of the red DOWELS being spewed out by the cruxtruder and place it into the totem lathe. Jesus that thing is counting down fast. Damn your stupid hands and these stupider controls!!!

Wait a second.....is the room getting warmer looking? What's that eerie orange glow in the windows and background....

You'll just scroll out to...oh jesus. Oh god oh fuck, is it raining meteors??? What was that timer counting down to?!?!?

You carve the totem, and then slam the dowel onto the ALCHEMITTER.

Eidolon Astronaut Eidolon Astronaut

> Saul: Perform Alchemy.

Through a few lucky swipes of the unbelievably non-nuanced controls, you (somehow) manage to perform BRIA'S ALCHEMY yourself.

Spawning from the central platform of the ALCHEMITER, a MANGROVE TREE made of RED CRUXITE appearifies. A large PERSIMMON-LIKE FRUIT drops from the tree and lands on the platform, before the tree de-appearifies from the scene.

While it is also made of the RED CRUXITE, it looks softer from the way it bounced... It couldn't be edible, could it?

> Bria: Notice

Notice the snake? You can't not notice it. Mr. Slithers seems oddly fine... there's no ashes on the ground. Also he seems to be alive. Or the seizure just... cloned your beloved paet.

> Other Thing

Right, right. You had spotted some shenanigans out of the corner of your eye. Saul had been busy. He probably panicked because of the timer... Which is why you covered it. Panicking was not going to help anyone! Er... well, you had wasted some time, so in this case you guess it had. Anyway, you need to find where he put the CRUXITE DOWEL

> Exit House

You slip on your shoes, open the door and spot the ALCHEMITER. The alchemiter and a very concerning orange glow you hadn't noticed earlier. Those were definitely meteors and you have never been more thankful for Saul's help. The now carved cruxite dowel still sits on the small platform, and on the bigger one the only thing there is a CRUXITE FRUIT. You pick it up and...

> Hurry up!

As much as you'd like to think this through, maybe record a bit of information on how the games has been going, you do not have the time. You take a bite out of the PERSIMMON-LIKE FRUIT and hope for the best.

===>

You grab the CRUXITE MANGROVE APPLE and take a bite mere moments from being struck with a large house-bound METEOR.

A bright light surrounds you and your home, ferrying you off to a strange and distant land.

> Bria: Enter.

When the light subsides, you are still alive, your abode: intact. You take just a moment to finish eating the bite of MANGROVE APPLE before taking note of your surroundings.

Immediately, you can tell that wherever you are is much DIMMER than home, the sky is blocked by the thick, fibrous canopy of SWAMPLAND TREES. Speaking of swamplands, you are IN ONE. All around you is water, mosses and plant detritus floating in it, and the occasional LILY PAD. In fact, your HOUSE is resting on a giant one, a green circle of BUOYANT PROTECTION keeping you dry. Well, mostly dry, as it suddenly starts RAINING. You see quite a few DRAGONFLIES floating around too.

Behind you, something is happening. You turn to observe.

> Kernelsprite: Divide.

The KERNEL divides. The two halves go their separate ways, leaving behind the SPRITE portion. A mote of light descends with it's information, and another ASCENDS, in it's upward path a series of red GLOWING SPIROGRAPH RINGS appear.

What is left of the SPRITE undergoes a mysterious transformation, becoming a ghostly specter of a SNAKE. It tries to communicate one more time, but it's slithering speech is still UNINTELLIGIBLE by HUMAN EARS. If only you knew parseltounge.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back