• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Homestuck Roleplay: Sburb Omega

Yes, we'll have Villain post and then I believe we are officially (or rather sort of unofficially, since there will be no edits really made) retconning Kat and replacing her with Dina at the end of the Server and Client chain.

Eh, small problem @The Villain King, Crocia didn't prototype or even as I recall mention her Kernelsprite, the pre-prototyping of which is immensely important as if a player does not pre-prototype their sprite in a session it would cause e to believe their session would take on a Void status, making it impossible to win as Skaia can never achieve its final form nor deploy the victory platform.

So in short, please edit for that. I doesn't matter how long it will take, just edit please.

Actually, if only one person prototypes a sprite, then it can't be a void session. Sessions do not get impressions, as, as the wiki states:

As Skaia is "aware" of its own fate, null sessions are doomed to fail by design
However @The Villain King didn't mention anything about where he was transported, and I don't think I should be the first one to describe his (your) planet.

Crocia may not have prototyped it, but as I stated earlier, her lusus winds up prototyping itself. She stopped paying attention to the sprite and lost track of it. Just because she didn't see it happen doesn't mean it didn't happen. The sprite drifted by the cave and her lusus, in an attempt to defend its loot, attacked it and prototyped itself in the process.

I was gonna get to that in my next post, but it seems every post I make is critiqued inside out. It's not helping my enthusiasm.

Moo.

Yeah, that seems to be a recurring theme here. I blame the fact that we ended up changing Crocia's backstory.

I normally put everything I have to post at the time into one post, and because of the lack of IC double posts I assumed the same of others. I asked for you to post and I got it, so I thought it was expected of me to post with Ryan next and nyeeehhh.

So uh... sorry? Sorry.

Oh, we're retconning Kat? Well I have to change my post then.

Unless we're pretending it Dina was there all along to save us from having to change tons of posts.

We're doing the kind of retcon where we're not and saying we did.

In other words we pretend Kat never existed but don't bother editing the posts. Dina's position is going at the end of the chain and Crocia's becoming the leader. The irony of it grows more appealing the longer one dwells on it.

If you Claim so Ryik, I suppose taht since its clear that at Least Skaia has a conciousness that the Null or Void sessions are easily made by a making of predestiny such as a variety of things is Sburb tend to be. And Villain, I'm sorry, its just that I'm looking out for the best interest in us all and that just so happens to rely a little o being as canonical in this impossible situation as possible. I may critique your posts and I'm sorry if that offends you but like what you see with Ryik this forum is about communication and having fun by being at least a little bit open with what we have.

Now, onto the subject, yes. We're pretty much Retconning Kat due to the fact that Cordial and thus Kat hasn't been active for a while, ten days actually, so at this point I can't really give her any more time after a week with no notice whatsoever. And, for whatever reason she's absent and just gone like this i feel very saddened by the possibilities which can be grim, but right now we need to keep her place going, so I hired Orihara to make the character of course. No more Kat, and no need to edit a shit ton of posts becuase we're just saying it's how it was all along.

So yeah what Ryik said kind of.

All righty then. From this point onwards, then, assume Crocia is flushed pale for Ryan and red for Dina. I'm switching my ships around because I think Orihara's character is a better redrom match for Crocia.

I'm tempted to correct Elision's many typos as an example of 'everyone makes mistakes' or some saccharine nonsense, but that seems unnecessarily passive-aggressive.

@The Villain King Honestly that works out better but my ships are probably different from everybody's. All the same Ryan likely won't develop any reason to carry any of them out.

@Elision of Ecritures Skaia isn't really conscious of anything, it's just self-perpetuating and as you said pre-destined. What type of session any kind of session will be is predetermined from the get-go. Hussie has stated that once you connect with SBURB all characters are put in Derse and Prospit and have been there for as long as their age. If your session is a void session all the other players will fail to prototype their kernelsprite no matter what, even if you found your dead planet and warned them. (Because if they did, your planet wouldn't have been dead)

That being said I think we should all prototype something anyway because it's never really explained what difference any of it makes.

Last edited by a moderator:
You're just spewing with passive-aggressiveness Ryik. Sass and passive aggressiveness.

Yes, it'd be better if we follow the rules, at least to some strange degree.

Black Rom is pretty much the only way to go for James. He's a naturally hateful and emotional person who understands just what he is and remains on completely level terms with the idea as I've already stated in earlier posts. He figures he's in such a situation not only because he accepts its inevitability as his only means of finding romantic entanglement in the quadrants, but also because he understands that even though he's not really 'against' a redrom pairing and would actually allow himself the delusion of having someone red in his life, he just doesn't have anyone who would. No one really flushes red for him to his knowledge, he's alone in that quadrant and as a result he's at least trying to accept it.

Virtual, I know I might be sounding brash and my posts might be absolutely full of typos as I've been told, but I think we need to connect Ryan to James to Athena before Ambrosius joins the circle if I'm not mistaken. I guess its Ryan's post?

Ryik said:
@The Villain King didn't mention anything about where he was transported, and I don't think I should be the first one to describe his (your) planet.
[QUOTE="The Villain King]I was gonna get to that in my next post, but it seems every post I make is critiqued inside out. It's not helping my enthusiasm.

[/QUOTE]
Ryik said:
I normally put everything I have to post at the time into one post, and because of the lack of IC double posts I assumed the same of others. I asked for you to post and I got it, so I thought it was expected of me to post with Ryan next and nyeeehhh.

So uh... sorry? Sorry.
Hrngh

Why_zpszpswprgm.png

HRNGH

I was gonna give other people a chance to post before I went ahead with describing Crocia's planet.

I'm curious, though. Why is James so invested in troll romance? Shouldn't it seem strange and alien to him? Elision, I really want to RP out the discussion where Crocia introduces James to troll romance. I feel like it would help show how the characters have interacted and grown as friends over the years, as well as demonstrate how both Crocia and James have developed. What do you think?

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

Sprites can't talk coherently until they have two prototypings.

Fuck nevermind. I just remembered this was deconfirmed as of the last updates because of Tavrosprite, Rosesprite and Nepetasprite. Every tier 1 sprite before that (including the sapient ones) was either mute or incoherent.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, all Sprites are capable of speech to players and all, but of course they need to have entered the Medium first so they become an actual Sprite and therefore become useful.

Nice post by the way Orihara.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back