• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Homestuck Roleplay: Sburb Omega

When your GM is Sort of a bad person. Kind of, in fact yeah, really. But not.

5275c49b3e2ecff3e77fd702f53c6f85.jpg

You're not the worst GM I've seen.

COUGH
74b5458cb86a07c32634c87b89f6dd97.jpg
Orihara said:
Meh you're not a shitty GM, a shitty GM is one who won't even let you join the RP because your background isn't detailed enough. Like, stickler GMs who are tight and serious all the time and always sound angry. I'm a really lax GM and I don't have a problem letting things get out of hand a little lol
I find that the GMs who just let anything slide are much worse. Sure, they're a stickler if they don't accept that you didn't intend for your character to have a deep/meaningful backstory (you know, like most real people) but when shit doesn't make sense or isn't adequately explained, it just opens the door for shit to get bonkers as fast as their very first post.

Don't get me wrong, I encourage attempts to completely and totally uproot everything everyone knows and loves, but the problem arises when the characters just downright suck.

If an RP looks interesting I tend to wander into the character sign-up section to see what others are playing as. If there are mary sues or some such that have shit like unexplained god of death powers, ("But it's not op! I'm not going to explain why but luckily I don't have to because I'm accepted with no questioning!") I just assume shit's going to end up downhill-bound.

Worse than either of those two however, are GMs that treat RPs as expendable, having no sense of responsibility towards them. If they get bored of the RP, consider it dead until they want to reboot it, which ends up happening a lot. As such, doing anything meaningful has a rather short time limit. This is fine really, it would be, if the RP 1. didn't depend on them to go on and 2. They got someone to continue it

Token or not, Elision put in effort to continue it even when he didn't feel invested in it any longer. I'm not even certain where the thread wandered into "death" territory, but it wasn't really Elision's fault.

Poorly managed? A bit. Killed by? Naw.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ryik said:
You're not the worst GM I've seen.
COUGH
74b5458cb86a07c32634c87b89f6dd97.jpg
I find that the GMs who just let anything slide are much worse. Sure, they're a stickler if they don't accept that you didn't intend for your character to have a deep/meaningful backstory (you know, like most real people) but when shit doesn't make sense or isn't adequately explained, it just opens the door for shit to get bonkers as fast as their very first post.

Don't get me wrong, I encourage attempts to completely and totally uproot everything everyone knows and loves, but the problem arises when the characters just downright suck.

If an RP looks interesting I tend to wander into the character sign-up section to see what others are playing as. If there are mary sues or some such that have shit like unexplained god of death powers, ("But it's not op! I'm not going to explain why but luckily I don't have to because I'm accepted with no questioning!") I just assume shit's going to end up downhill-bound.

Worse than either of those two however, are GMs that treat RPs as expendable, having no sense of responsibility towards them. If they get bored of the RP, consider it dead until they want to reboot it, which ends up happening a lot. As such, doing anything meaningful has a rather short time limit. This is fine really, it would be, if the RP 1. didn't depend on them to go on and 2. They got someone to continue it

Token or not, Elision put in effort to continue it even when he didn't feel invested in it any longer. I'm not even certain where the thread wandered into "death" territory, but it wasn't really Elision's fault.

Poorly managed? A bit. Killed by? Naw.
Man stickler GMs are the absolute worst. Hands down, a GM who's picky about everything is awful and mean and I hate them

Really, you could blame a number of factors which contributes to the death of this Thread, how it was detailed, how I began to lose interest, how people had to do stuff so only you two were on majorly in comparison to others.

But, whether of not its my or anyone else's fault, I feel obligated to at least somewhat help the situation at hand.

So, we can A, either leave this Thread to die and move on to something different, or B, keep going.

Of course I'd like to pick up where we left off. Though, my characters are set for as far as the eye can see in IC, in terms of holding shit up. We're mostly waiting on the trolls who haven't entered yet. Any resurrection would be out of my hands for the most part. If you guys'd like to stage one, be my guest.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm beginning to think that that would be the, at first, easiest and quickest solution to the issue at hand. However, we've lost a lot of members and its quite possible we won't be getting them back. Who's to say that we won't just be met with a whole lot more inactivity when we try again. I'm really trying to be unbiased as possible here, even when I think we all know what I'd like to do, but I feel it'd just be easier to relocate and try something new in the long term. You can't grow crops on fucked up soil.

That's what the Macedonians knew, so they literally, after conquering and destroying Thebes, literally rubbed salt into the land, just to make sure not even any crops would grow there any more, no buildings, all people became slaves, nothing. No more Thebes.

This is the extent of Alexander the Great's infamous tantrums.

Which is why it most likely depends on the presence of everyone else.

If we were to take a shot at starting all over again, I'd probably recycle Izen, Nyna or Ryan.

There's of course a compromise. I can stop trying to, on impulse, work two threads at once and as we start over again, you guys can just join my other Homestuck forum which has just started out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back