• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern hollywood arts: main (open!!)

Characters
Here

mood

betrayed

chicken diner

outfit

i'm too lazy to find my last post smh

song

tags

mentions: lucky gh0stwriter gh0stwriter , ash Winona Winona
interactions

here comes trouble, start another fire

TW: mentions of child abuse, homophobia

In all of Ellie's life, he had rarely encountered male touch that didn't ask for sex or for a stinging mark across his cheek. Lying, sprawled across Nicolas's body, his heart throbbed at the nightmare that flooded behind his eyes. He was safe, he was supported by someone who had only given happiness through touch, and yet there was that uncertainty creeping into his chest. The foreign hand flung over his shoulders could very well turn on him, to grip his throat like it gripped the handlebar of a motorcycle. It was an unrealistic thought, but nonetheless it was one that danced through his mind.

He knew his heart was spasming underneath his fabricated realities, the trembling that came with every dirt-streaked imagination racing down his arms. Blame it on the weather. It’s not you, you’re cold. It’s just cold. But Ellie’s attempts to sedate the shaking fell on unresponsive hands. What was it again? Negative feedback loop? Something from 8th grade homeostasis? It didn’t seem like his loops were doing him any damn justice. Every tensing of his muscles stilled his hands for a moment, but the trembling always returned and at an amplified magnitude. He knew that, although he wasn’t necessarily in trouble, his body would keep trying to convince him that he was. These were fighting hands. These were hands that folded over his head at 15 when the pretty glass house came crashing down. These were hands of force, ripping a father and his shattered bottles away from daughters who shared his eyes.

Pulling his legs to his chest, he knew that the shaking would spread to his shoulders, to his back, until he became a shivering mess. It always ended up like this, and his drug-addled mind was not giving him any reprieve. He had to move, or else the weather excuse wouldn’t work anymore. Forcing a brightness into his expression, he moved out of the embrace, opting to lie on Nic’s lap instead. The smile gracing Ellie’s face would soothe any worry that Nic might have; it always did.

Looking up, he suddenly wasn’t so hungry for that funnel cake that brought Amy all the way here. A pity, really, he was originally looking forward to it. But the sight that blessed his eyes satiated his hunger enough. The buzzing of his phone in his pocket silenced itself. In this moment, all Ellie wanted to do was to remember the face of someone who had never cut lines into his heart, who had never trampled across his thoughts yielding a scythe for aspirations. Even if Nic’s attention wasn’t all on Ellie, for now that was okay. He was okay with just looking up. The tremble in his hands subsided as Nicolas’s hands were preoccupied with whatever was on his phone. There was no asphyxiating hold upon his throat, imaginary or not.

Eyes glazed past the point of coherency, the combination of substances in his body was finally taking a toll. He had felt the warping once before, but his mind was creating a push and pull of his body. Something about the lack of feeling on his skin made him feel like he was floating, like there was a bubble giving him a human-shaped force field.

Then the bubble popped.

In a good way.

Ellie was pulled into an upright position, his features traced with a feather-light touch. An urge to kiss every one of those pretty little fingers made itself well known in his thoughts. But here was a man drunk on something, hungry for what he wanted and confident in taking it. Usually it wasn’t the case, but Ellie had no qualms for now. His lips brushed Nic’s, the air heavy with their breath. There was something so perfect about this scenario, something so sweet that Ellie wished to keep it close in his memories forever. Nicolas’s praises were honey-soaked words: gentle, loving, reminiscent of the contentment a child would feel on a chilly December morning with a cup of hot cocoa in their hands. Ellie raised a hand to Nicolas’s face, his palm fitting the curve of the other boy’s jaw as his thumb softly caressed Nic’s cheekbone. He had gotten his moment of affection, now it was time to pay the same respects to the boy he was now straddling.

Rosy lips planted a kiss along the apples of Nic’s cheeks, running a chain of love down every natural pathway of the boy’s face. They peppered themselves over his jaw, dipping every now and then to the soft flesh of Nic’s neck before returning to it’s course across the bone. Once satisfied with the outlining of Nicolas’s face, Ellie paused before settling a small, light kiss on Nic’s face. He wanted to love Nic, truly, he did. But every kiss upon Nicolas’s pretty face left the little puppets in Ellie’s mind reeling. Especially the one who played the strings in his head, the one that was so closely mirrored to his mother’s murderer. You love a man? You’d put on pretty dresses for him then, huh? You’d let him control your every action and feed you dead whispers of affection. You’re not a man if you love one. So Ellie would love Nic from a distance. However distant he could be when his lips were locked with someone his heart knew he was good for. He would love Nic once Ellie couldn’t reach for the dead whispers of men and women that the puppet thought he deserved.

“I am very pretty, thank you for pointing that out.” Ellie hummed in response, his acceptance of the compliment one that he retorted with banter. It wasn’t vainness that riddled his blood, it was self-distrust parading as humor. Pulling his phone out of his pocket, he moved to turn it off so he could truly enjoy the fair with Nicolas, but he noticed a particular Twitter message just before he hit the off switch. “You invited Ash?” Ellie said, his head turning towards the boy in mild disbelief. It was less so that he was angry, but more annoyance that Nic hadn’t asked if the little lady could come. This was supposed to be their secret corner, a little place just for them. But it was Ash, at least, and not anyone else. Someone Ellie regarded as a friend rather than a foe.

After a few beats of silence, Ellie chewed on the inside of his lip. The cold wasn’t the reason for his trembles, but it was certainly playing a factor in his need to go to the bathroom. “I’m gon’ head to the bathroom real quick, text me once Ash is here?” Ellie said, an excited grin on his face. He hadn’t seen Ash for a while, though they had their fair share of online banter, and he wouldn’t want to be terribly late for her arrival. Pushing himself off Nic, he gave the boy a leaving kiss on the forehead. “Don’t miss me while I’m gone!” He called out to the silhouette behind him as he made his way towards the fairground stalls.

-

His phone had been silent all the while that he had been in the bathroom. Checking Twitter for any updates, he was surprised to know that Ash hadn’t arrived yet. Ellie and Nic had been playing around on the public forum, joking that they would make their way to her if she didn’t get here in the next minute. Of course, they were both a little too drunk to do any sort of adventure. Pushing the stall door open, he met the frigid air with “What is taking Ash—“

The bubble returned. And it hardened itself, an invisible wall as he watched his only company be led off by a figure he couldn’t mistake as mister Lucky DuBois.

The genuine smile upon Ellie’s face seemed to vanish, replaced by a lingering, sickly grimace trying to disguise itself as happiness. You expected it, did you not? Don’t cry when you know it was going to happen all along. It’s fine. His body, ever a traitor, tried to assure him that he was fine. That the betrayal of both Nicolas and Ash didn’t carve into his chest like sharpened harpoons. Nicolas’s loving mumblings seemed like they were chockfull of lies. Was it just so Nicolas could leave with some twisted good conscience? That he had placated the angry, dramatic drug addict for an evening and it was perfectly okay to take his escape?

Holding his hands to his chest, the trembling returned. This time, he couldn’t really tell if it was the cold or if it was his body losing control of its very limbs. It seemed like he was loosing control of a lot of things, exhibit A being the very boy he thought he was okay with. In silence he walked back into the bathroom, his hands grasping for the levers of the sink. His hands gripped the sides of the ceramic sink, the smokey water hitting the drain like hail. Ellie cupped the water and splashed the scaling water to his face. This was perhaps the worst thing he could do to his skin, but right now he was more concerned to scrubbing the memories off his face. Every kiss, every touch, every embrace. And perhaps by removing them from his skin, he could remove them from his mind. He could go back to being Ellie, the agitated drunkard who couldn’t keep a friend to save his life.

Turning off the water, he pulled his phone out of his pocket and gave both Nicolas and Ash a fitting piece of his mind. It wasn’t his fault. It’s not my fault. Not this time. This time he wasn’t the culprit of the anger festering in his chest. Ellie dried his face with his sleeve, exiting the bathroom with his head held high. Everything was not fine, but who was Ellie if not a master at pretending it was? It had served him well for 17 years, it would do him justice again tonight.

nine lives

- Location.
Food stand
- Mood.
Yum
- Tags.
Zeph ( Winona Winona ), Alex ( Soap Soap ), Stella,
-Outfit.
Casual

Leaving the poor girl speechless did nothing but make a grin curl onto Naomi's lips. She was cute when she was speechless. Maybe she shouldn't be enjoying this so much. There was a fine line between playful flirting and leading someone on right? Naomi wasn't eager to be crossing any lines after the issue at the start of the year. Even if the two events are completely different, being under the radar was the best thing for her in this school, and her flirtatious nature was always at risk of spoiling that. However this was her last year, she just needed to make it through one more year. Alex seemed low-key though so...she hoped at least, nothing bad would come of having just a little more fun.

Thankfully they all seemed to agree with her sentiment about just going inside already. Alex mentioned the Teacups, and then Zeph also got super excited about them...like why were they so in love with the teacups? In her eyes that had to be the most boring ride in the whole fair. It want meant for children she wasn't even sure it got that fast. It was the main attraction for getting people to puke tho. That might be entertaining to watch. She'd never understand the fascination beyond that, however if it's what the group wanted she wouldn't be a negative nelly about it. "Sounds good to me. How about you all ride that stuff and I'll stuff my face while giving you moral support from the sidelines." She chimed. Honestly thinking about how she could really use a blunt right now. To bad she told herself she'd stay sober tonight. It was her first time hanging out with Alex and the last thing she needed was to show off some of her less desirable qualities. She tended to have even more blurred moral lines when drunk or high.

Naomi looked curiously at her as Alex kind of explained why she didn't wanna eat then do the teacups. She couldn't imagine her ruining anything, if anything that would be Naomi's job...but she kept these thoughts to herself. Instead she just offered the girl a soft smile, "Whatever happens will be an adventure." She hummed. She figured for better or for worse, the night was going to be entertaining. She peeked at her phone and the nonsense that was twitter. She didn't bother getting involved tho knowing nothing good ever came of that. Whatever happened here with them would be 10 times more fun then it seemed a lot of other people where doing.

By the time they got to the stand Naomi was more focused on her hunger then anything else. She decided to be nice and let the others order first. She got a funnel cake as well except with chocolate drizzle on top instead of the regular fruity sauce. She walked up to towards Stella as she asked her questions, "I've mastered multitasking, so walking and eating should be a Bien." She hummed taking her first bite of heaven. "Plus I know you all are really looking forward to those teacups, wouldn't want to keep them waiting." She smirked looking over at Alex, "Wanna try a bite?" She offered her a fork with some funnel cake and chocolate on it.

Naomi M. Elizondo
coded by incandescent

Leaving the poor girl speechless did nothing but make a grin curl onto Naomi's lips. She was cute when she was speechless. Maybe she shouldn't be enjoying this so much. There was a fine line between playful flirting and leading someone on right? Naomi wasn't eager to be crossing any lines after the issue at the start of the year. Even if the two events are completely different, being under the radar was the best thing for her in this school, and her flirtatious nature was always at risk of spoiling that. However this was her last year, she just needed to make it through one more year. Alex seemed low-key though so...she hoped at least, nothing bad would come of having just a little more fun.

Thankfully they all seemed to agree with her sentiment about just going inside already. Alex mentioned the Teacups, and then Zeph also got super excited about them...like why were they so in love with the teacups? In her eyes that had to be the most boring ride in the whole fair. It want meant for children she wasn't even sure it got that fast. It was the main attraction for getting people to puke tho. That might be entertaining to watch. She'd never understand the fascination beyond that, however if it's what the group wanted she wouldn't be a negative nelly about it. "Sounds good to me. How about you all ride that stuff and I'll stuff my face while giving you moral support from the sidelines." She chimed. Honestly thinking about how she could really use a blunt right now. To bad she told herself she'd stay sober tonight. It was her first time hanging out with Alex and the last thing she needed was to show off some of her less desirable qualities. She tended to have even more blurred moral lines when drunk or high.

Naomi looked curiously at her as Alex kind of explained why she didn't wanna eat then do the teacups. She couldn't imagine her ruining anything, if anything that would be Naomi's job...but she kept these thoughts to herself. Instead she just offered the girl a soft smile, "Whatever happens will be an adventure." She hummed. She figured for better or for worse, the night was going to be entertaining. She peeked at her phone and the nonsense that was twitter. She didn't bother getting involved tho knowing nothing good ever came of that. Whatever happened here with them would be 10 times more fun then it seemed a lot of other people where doing.

By the time they got to the stand Naomi was more focused on her hunger then anything else. She decided to be nice and let the others order first. She got a funnel cake as well except with chocolate drizzle on top instead of the regular fruity sauce. She walked up to towards Stella as she asked her questions, "I've mastered multitasking, so walking and eating should be a Bien." She hummed taking her first bite of heaven. "Plus I know you all are really looking forward to those teacups, wouldn't want to keep them waiting." She smirked looking over at Alex, "Wanna try a bite?" She offered her a fork with some funnel cake and chocolate on it.

fillerfillerfillfillerfillerfillerlerfilelifr 7:45 AM fillerfillerfillerfillerfillerfillerfillerfilr
Adriane
INTERACTIONS

Nickie, Evie

MENTIONS

[insert a yikes gif]

Not all talk. What was that even supposed to mean? That Adriane wouldn't put up a fight? Well that was ridiculous in and of itself -- Adriane had been in her fair share of fights, albeit not in quite a while. When your face was literally the thing that was keeping you in school, you kind of had to avoid any injuries to it.

She let out a disinterested, breathy sigh. Adriane laid one arm down on the filthy table and propped her other arm up on her elbow so that she could examine her nails. She'd painted them a couple days ago with a pale pink nail polish that her mother had gifted her -- it ended up being absolutely horrible and her nails were already chipped. Adriane ran a thumb over her nails, now more interested in pondering over what color she should do next instead of the conversation with Evie that was at hand.

"That's the difference between you and I, Evie." She said breathily, her gaze still focused on her fingers. "Unlike you, I don't hang around the scum of the earth so that I'm subjected to listening to people state the truth -- or, as you say it," she now looked at Evie and lifted her other arm from the table so that she could make finger quotes around her next words, "'drug through the mud.'"

Adriane replaced her hands back on the picnic table, folding her arms together. She flashed a half-hearted smile in Nickie's direction before looking back at Evie. "Honestly, is the sex really worth it? Do you get some kind of fucked up joy from having to stand up for criminals and drug addicts? They're never going to amount to anything, so you're really just wasting your time."

"Chas might be a bit of an ass, but at least he was the guest on Celebrity Rehab, not the star like your coked up, steroid-fueled fuck toy."

She looked away from Evie, waving a hand dismissively in the other girl's direction. "Now if you'd leave and please take our trash with you, that would be delightful."

code by ditto (head empty go bonk)

MOOD: um rude

OUTFIT: clothes

basics
MENTIONS:
too much work

INT:
mogy mogy (Oates)
@LowkeyLovingLoki (Rome)
tags
TL;DR no
tl;dr
Callum Richards
Callum tensed the moment Rome's hand flicked his away, mildly startling the wiry boy. His eyes darted away from Oates for just a moment to shoot a sinister glare at his ex-boyfriend's meddling best friend. He dared not say anything; it would be just as easy for Oates and Rome to turn around and leave as it was Homecoming night. Callum despised filtering himself and restraining the little emotion he exhibited, but there was no other choice but to play his cards right. And by right, it would take the luckiest draw in the world to pull this off. "Alright then, so what do you say we go-"

“Well, you and me not friends.”

Keep it in. Keep it in. Keep it in. He interrupted you. Just cool it.
Callum wanted to rip that mocking smile right off of Rome's face. He knew he had the upper hand. How could he not after spending the last week holding Oates hostage, feeding him lie after lie about Callum's issues? And, at this rate, how could he ever hope to plead his case and win Oates back for himself? Just how much fucking Russian would he have to learn to get it through Rome's thick skull that he was fighting a losing battle? He'd get Oates to crack. Admit their relationship was far from over. Put Rome in his fucking place now so Cal wouldn't have to go through the effort of screaming his ear off. "No, Rome, we're not. But you need to learn to..." Cal drawled, halting his speech for a moment, "...flipping share."

“And I am want hang out with Oat. Just Oat. And Oat want hang out with me. Just me.”

Callum was on the verge of cracking a tooth, his teeth clenched harder than uptight Romir Zamilodchikova's asscheeks. The thought dawned on Cal that this boy wasn't as stupid as he had initially presumed him to be. He was poking a stick at the sleeping bear that was Callum's patience, waiting for him to lose his cool and look like an obsessive, possessive maniac. Their handholding was as blatant of a sign as ever, even if it was Oates that had initiated it. This fate of this entire interaction was stacked against him, but that fact Callum knew from the start.

The dark-haired boy nodded slowly at Rome, pretending to understand what he was saying. He then laid his eyes upon Oates once more, sizing him up, his ocean blue eyes scanning the curly-haired boy's face. He longed to find hesitation, softened eyes, any trace of that pitiful look he always gave him when they stayed up all night, laying in somber, dark silence. Callum had come to realize that sleeping alone took much more of a toll on him than skipping rest with Oates ever did. It was cruel—ironic—of his body clock to finally provide the occasional relief of sleep this past week when he wanted it the least. There was never enough time to get all of his thoughts in order before the dawn rays peeked through the window, guilting Callum for skipping the second day of school in the week.

"Is it true? You don't want to see me?"

code by valen t.

fillerfillerfillfillerfillerfillerlerfilelifr 4:00 PM fillerfillerfillerfillerfillerfillerfillerfilr
Jace
INTERACTIONS

Calcium, Oatmeal, Romeo

MENTIONS

N/A

Callum got up to go to Rome and Oates and Jace let out a relieved sigh. He'd been worried that the other boy would encourage Oates and Rome to sit with them and then Jace would be stuck in that awkward situation -- stretched between the tension that would inevitably be felt and held between Oates and Callum, and in the uncomfortable air between himself and Rome. Jace and Rome hadn't exactly talked since Monday's events, where Jace had comforted him and Rome had said he had a crush on the skinny blonde.

Rome had even gone out of his way to announce it on Twitter a handful of times which had just served to make Jace feel ten times more uncomfortable. His thoughts drifted back to that conversation he'd held with Alex regarding the strange timing for Rome admitting his feelings -- and how she seemed to think (or at least, how he'd perceived it over text) that Rome had just been saying it to try and distract himself from the pedophile that had stumbled back into his life.

That made sense, though. People didn't crush on Jace -- it was as simple as that. Jace was destined to be alone, and he was perfectly fine with that. He'd come to terms with the fact that he was awkward, unattractive, and quite honestly, impossible to deal with. Jace was fine with that because what did relationships or crushing really get you, anyway? A broken heart, tears, sidelong glances in the hallway, and a muse that was solely driven by that pain -- and heartbreak music was so very repetitive.

Jace liked being on his own. Really.

But, maybe... just this... once... Jace could be a little less on his own.

He stood up from the picnic table and picked up the plate with the last of his funnel cake. His other hand closed tightly around his phone and he moved, rather stiffly, towards the nearest trash can where he dropped the half-eaten funnel cake in. And then he turned, eyes scanning for where his dark-haired companion had gone.

There he was, still engaged in conversation with Rome and Oates.

Deep breaths, deep breaths...

With his shoulders hunched up, his posture slouching, Jace slipped his hands into the pockets of his hoodie along with his phone and then he started off towards the group. Questions swirled through his brain in an angry current with a million and one reasons of why he shouldn't go over there-- Callum didn't want him there. Rome would bring up the crush. He didn't even know Oates, what if Oates was mean? He was overstepping his boundaries. Things looked tense--

Really, it would be inappropriate for him to approach this trio that obviously had such a twisted past behind them. Jace was just an outsider at this point -- someone that didn't understand any of their points or fully why they were in a disagreement. Something about Callum and Oates having broken up, and somehow Rome was tied into this.

As he stepped up and came to a stop beside Callum, Jace's eyes flitted over Oates and Rome before turning to the ground at his feet. They were holding hands. Were they dating? Friends didn't normally hold hands, did they? He picked through his brain for any answer to that question, trying to piece together if Ash had ever held the hands of her friends, but decided that she was a bad example since she'd kissed or made out with the majority of her friends.

He'd come up at the tail end of the conversation.

Of Rome saying that Oates wanted to just hangout with him, and of Callum asking if that was true -- if Oates didn't want to see him.

Oh boy, Jace shouldn't be here. Nope. He should just turn and run for it. Turn and power walk away from the disaster that this was going to undoubtedly be, but Jace was frozen in the spot now. As if he was standing in quicksand or cement, Jace found that he couldn't will his feet to turn and start to move.

"Maybe you shouldn't talk for Oates, Rome." Jace mumbled, and his eyes flickered up from the ground for a moment to look at his friend before going back to the ground at his feet. "Stop telling Callum what Oates wants to do and let Oates tell him. He's a big boy -- he can talk for himself, right?" His voice was shaky, but there was no stuttering.

Maybe because Jace felt like he'd died and standing here was hell. There was no room for him to stutter because Jace had ceased to breathe, Jace had ceased to exist. Jace was pretty that he had at least lost consciousness.

MOOD: shooketh 2 the max

basics
MENTIONS:
too much work

INT:
ditto ditto (Mike)
tags
TL;DR no
tl;dr
Veronica Crosby
How does one get lost in a maze... right at the exit? Ronnie waited patiently by the corner until the group behind her had arrived. They seemed baffled as to what she was still doing there, not only down a man but apparently walking at a turtle's pace through the horror attraction. She'd been standing in the dark for far longer than she should have, waiting and waiting for Mike to reply with an "all clear!" and swoop her up and take her through the exit.

The seemingly far, elusive exit, turned out to be neither of those things. Now just a few feet ahead of the group behind her, she had no choice but to turn the corner. Directly ahead of her was the exit, which was, unfortunately, glaringly Mike-less. She looked the walls up and down as she walked out, searching for some sort of second door or crevice Mike could have slipped through. There had to be some rational explanation as to why the boy hadn't turned around and escorted her out as soon as he was hit by the blinding daylight just ahead.

And so, clinging onto that hope, Ronnie waited some more. She paced outside the other end of the haunted house, scrolling through her phone and occasionally nearly bumping into the odd stranger. Time wore on... and on... and on... and much like the loyal yorkie she had back home in New York (heh) she loyally waited. Waited for her master to return. Well, not like weird master, but the current guy Ronnie would do anything and everything for, including looking like a bored, lost puppy wandering about a crowd almost tauntingly full of couples holding hands.

She was going through withdrawals. Her first date with Mike—or practically anyone—and here she was, internally begging for Lady Luck to throw her fix of male attention at her from the sky. And, while the only thing coming in the sky was that thick Los Angeles smog, Lady Luck shined down on Ronnie from another direction: directly behind her.

"Ah!" the girl yipped, whipping around with a horrified face to finally lay eyes upon her date once more. She had to hand it to mike, he'd scared her more than most of the haunted house actors combined. "O-oh my God, Mikey... where'd you go!?" she stammered, still collecting herself after receiving the fright of her life. Looking up at the man of her dreams only made her heart beat faster, yet his perfect, gorgeous face was telling her all was well.

"All that setup just for a cheap scare!?" the redhead exclaimed, more shaken and baffled than upset, "Was the haunted house not enough?"
code by valen t.

OUTFIT: xxx
basics

oliver
alex

mentions

cole sunshineysoul sunshineysoul
mor Kio.exe Kio.exe
kane
willow @elaaraa
kai
interactions
Mariana Mendes
mari ~ seventeen ~ junior ~ visuals; acting
Mari was a sucker for all things fall and picking out the perfect pumpkin was no exception. While she'd never gotten to carve one before, she did love to paint and decorate them. There was just something about getting all cozy, baking cookies, and having a creative night with friends. Mariana had pulled Mor along into the pumpkin patch, giggling when the girl decided that their pumpkin's name would be Henry. "Why Henry? Why not like...Patrick? Or Phil? Phil the Pumkin. Pumpkinny Phil," she rambled as they searched ahead of their other two group members who they had sorta raced ahead of.

Suddenly she felt Mor nudge her and when she gave her the look, along with a quick glance in Willow and Cole's direction, she didn't have to ask. Mari not only knew what Mor meant because of how well she knew the girl but because she also knew Cole. While she was certain he hadn't realized he might like Willow yet, Mari kinda had. Maybe they were both just too nervous to make a move. After all, crushes could be fun but also overwhelming. She was also aware that Cole had never really done the whole relationship thing which is why she planned on asking him about it later.

"Oh! This one is sooo cute," she picked one up but decided against it when she saw another that she liked nearby. She heard Mor say something to Willow and Cole before pulling out her phone and mentioning that she had to go find Alex. She was about to open her mouth to let Mor know that it was okay and that they would catch up after the fair but the girl was already calling out for her to find a pumpkin and rushing off. "You mean Phil!!!" she yelled out after her in reference to the Henry comment. Okay, so maybe Willow was having better name ideas but Mari liked Phil, it had a nice ring to it.

Her attention turned to her friends as she held up a pumpkin with a frown. "Too curvy, right? It looks all squiggly. Not Phil material," she shook her head, placing it back down. "Chas? I mean, I don't wanna judge the guy because I don't know him but he doesn't seem very nice. Mor seems to be friends with him though so who knows. Maybe he's like Oliver, all broody for a reason," she shrugged. Realizing she hadn't really answered the question, Mariana shook her head. "No. I offered to help Trevor with his film actually," she explained.

The conversation switched once again when Willow spotted Kai, which cause Mari to smile and spin around. Her eyes locked on him and a Kane for a moment and she couldn't help but be confused. Did Kai like Kane? Not that Mari would mind because she would support him if he did and it was cute but she just never realized it before. Should she say hi? Wouldn't interrupting be rude? Wait, not saying anything would be rude though. "Kai! Kane! Hey!!" she beamed, having decided to talk to them. "Have you guys gotten on any of the rides yet? Apparently people have been buzzing about the teacups!" she added, her eyes flickering between the pair.
code by valen t.

MOOD: jerktivities

basics
MENTIONS:
too much work

INT:
@LowkeyLovingLoki (Chase)
tags
TL;DR no
tl;dr
Javier Cervantes
"Fuck, dude, this shit's weird, but I see the appeal," Javier replied lightheartedly to Chase's praise, "I mean, it's still making fun of weird ass L.A. people, so I'm all for it." He laced his fingers with Chase's, pleased Chase didn't seem to be very nervous after all.

The curly-haired boy was thoroughly entertained, letting out loud howls of laughter by the time Chase was done impersonating the couple. "You're hella goofy, man." His high only made his laughs more frequent and ugly, but despite his funny, altered mind state, he'd met very few people as humorous as Chase. It was almost charming. Javi began to wonder if it was memories of this friend that kept this side of Chase hidden, or if it was something more. The carriage shook slightly as he nearly lost his balance due to his laughing fit.

By the time they stopped at the bottom after a few full circles, Javi was out of breath from their little comedic session. He let Chase go out first, still maintaining a tight grip on his hand. He felt as though they'd made some sort of progress, perhaps resulting in a new opportunity for jolly sex rather than the typical contemptuous sex. Well, they'd only done it the one time, but Javi could sense it could be a trend for Chase. Javi wasn't one to talk—he was guilty of the same thing.

Once they were out of the area of the ferris wheel and had headed a bit further into the fairgrounds, Javi began thinking of what he wanted to do next. He hadn't been to a fair like this in some time, considering he preferred to spend what little money he had on dope and McRibs. Speaking of dope, Javi remembered the blunt was still in his pocket, just waiting to be finished off. He, of course, had a long time until that moment; the sucker was packed full. He looked over his shoulder and lit it, seizing his chance to blow a few O's at Chase's face, since he'd been so rudely denied the opportunity to be a dick last time. "Sorry—had to," he rasped, smiling through a light cough, "Wouldn't be a date with Javier without smoke face." He winked self-assuredly.

"So, know if this place's got a bathroom? I gotta take a leak." He shoved the blunt into his pocket and looked around past the crowds, games, and rides around them. What do people do here again? Is getting wasted in the Gravitron a viable option...?
code by valen t.

OUTFIT: xoxo
basics

none yet

interactions
tags
Josephine Bennett
josie, jojo, jo ~ sixteen ~ junior ~ visuals; photo
While Gus hadn't joined in on Josie's counting, it was clear that he was listening. Her voice had broke through at some point, her hands remained on his face as if to bring him back down to earth while she talked. It was hard to get someone to believe they were worth more when they had spent so much time convincing themselves otherwise but that didn't mean Jo wasn't going to keep trying. I... am so sorry. I shouldn't have.... opened up like that. Her brow furrowed a little at his apology. There was no way that she was gonna let him feel bad for opening up, for just needing someone to vent to who would actually care enough to listen. No one should never feel bad for that.

"Gus, you don't ever need to be sorry for talking to me. About anything. I'm always here for that, okay? I can't fix any of this but that doesn't mean I can't be here for you. It's not embarrassing to need a friend," she started, only pausing so that he could finish what he wanted to say. Her hands dropped from his face and back to her side as he spoke about it being his fault for trusting Kane or going home and she shook her head. "Wanting to have a friend or see your parents isn't a bad thing. How they treat you isn't on you, its on them. They are acting as if you are nothing more than a check but I know that isn't true. You are amazing and ambitious and you have so much to offer," she told him sternly.

From the moment that Josie had met Gus she knew that he was a guy with a huge heart, it was something she adored most about him. Not only had he been fun but he cared deeply and it was rare to find someone like that. "As for going through high school without caring about anyone...let's face it, babe, that isn't you. I know it may not feel like it right now but your ability to care as deeply as you do isn't a bad thing. It sets you apart from half the people in this school. Don't let anyone change that about you. Don't let them strip away who you are just because they suck," she added with a shrug.

code by valen t.

if it wasn't clear by now... i like podcasts
There is always bound to be some awkward tension between the boyfriend and the best friend, or well, in this case, between the ex-boyfriend and the best friend. Though not true in some cases, it was definitely the truth in Oates's case, with a certain ill-mannered tension between Rome and Callum always simply being there whenever the two would find themselves in the same place at the same time. This time was no different, except nothing was keeping Callum from punching Rome and giving the shorter boy a concussion (though, truth be told, Callum was never really the punching type). Oates never really understood it, no matter how much he tried to, especially when he worked his ass off not to make either of the two boys feel like their relationships with him—one platonic, one romantic respectfully—were lacking his attention or anything else in any sort of way. He even resorted to listening to Callum try to make himself feel better by convincing him how Rome was actually a spy sent to America to steal his boyfriend away from him in order to win the cold war which never really ended. Talk about watching the History Channel too much. Though on the other hand, he also listened to quite a few hours of the 'Why your relationship is actually toxic: The Podcast, hosted by the one and the only, Romir Zamilodchikova'.

And then, in a snap, everything was once again back on Oates, all eyes on him.

"I can't handle this... I'm going home." The boy muttered out before turning around and simply walking away.

Well, it sure was a nice fantasy, not being in that situation, but that wasn't really the Oates way of doing things, so what he actually did was remain in the same position, turned to stone with the only sensations being Rome's occasional hand squeeze and the heat of Callum's piercing view which only sharpened with the asked question. And then there he was... The personification of that rat from Rattatouie. Aka. another person joining the conversation, ultimately standing with Callum, and even though Oates hoped for a minute that his answer to the question could've been avoided, the boy whose name he didn't know said Oates was a big boy and could speak for himself. Since when, sir???? He still ordered the Happy Meal whenever he went to McDonald's. SMH.

"I, uh, I mean, I'm kind of actually looking at you right now, so, there is, uh, that." Oates did want to see Callum but knew he shouldn't have, though at the same time made plans to meet up with the tallboy later, so he didn't really know what the big deal about saying it out loud was. Maybe in the back of his mind he knew Rome was right to a certain extent and didn't want to disappoint his friend, or maybe he just knew that if he said something, Callum would join them and make Rome uncomfortable (and even God knew Rome needed a break after the whole pedophile teacher thing).
oates
MOOD: forever happy, unless callum

INTERACTIONS: rome, callum, jace

MENTIONS:

TAGS: @LowkeyLovingLoki, hery hery , Winona Winona

TL;DR: lets be basic and say no
code by valen t.

fillerfillerfillfillerfillerfillerlerfilelifr 12:45 PM fillerfillerfillerfillerfillerfillerfillerfilr
Lucky
MOOD

pissed

the fall fair

Sidenote: Nic's Dialogue was written by Kio.exe Kio.exe

“Lucky—“

Lucky stopped. Only because he couldn’t afford Danny to cause more of a spectacle. They still had some semblance of privacy and that’s all he was asking for. Privacy. The minute people knew what he’d been through, it’d change everything and since Danny didn’t know the meaning of the word discreet, he waited…again. And Danny still couldn’t find the words.

He didn’t turn around. What was the point? He didn’t care what the other boy had to say. What more can be said? They weren’t friends. They’d never be friends. Lucky didn’t do friends. Not anymore. Sure, he had Josie. Mostly because Josie didn’t always make the best decisions and needed someone to watch out for her. But even then, he kept her at arm’s length.

He moved to leave again, but Danny bolted ahead and blocked his path. He was really starting to piss him off. Who was he kidding? He was already pissed.

“Lucky,”

He rolled his eyes and looked at Danny an irritated look formed that told Danny all he needed to know. Make it quick.

“Please don’t go.”

Please don’t go? What the fuck did that even mean? What should he do instead? Stay behind and they can reminisce about all the fun times they shared? Maybe Danny could give a play-by-play of the last three years of his wonderful life here at Hollywood Arts. He really didn’t have a clue.

“I don’t know what you expect here, Danny.” He said with a shrug. “You made a choice. These are the consequences. Get in my way again and you’re on the ground.” He glared as he stepped around him and ducked into a crowd so Danny couldn’t follow. Today was the fucking worst.

He stomped his way through the hoards wanting to distance himself from Danny and from this day. He wanted to go home, but he still had one more problem to deal with. Nicholas Thompson. His new roommate. Friend? Let’s not get ahead of ourselves. Pain in his ass? Definitely. So much for keeping his head down and not getting involved.

Nic had made it super apparent that he was fucked up beyond reprieve. Spouting nonsense. Pining over Ash one minute and then professing his love for Ellie the next. It was stupid and exhausting, but Lucky didn’t really give a fuck. It didn’t concern him. What did concern him was that the fucker was flaunting that he was gonna drive himself and Ellie back to the apartment.

He’d pleaded with Nic to just let him drive them. Make sure they got home safe. No fight. No judgment. He and Ellie could do whatever they wanted in the safety of their apartment. It was a nice gesture. Reasonable. How did Nic the dick respond? A big fuck you and not returning his DMs. It was fine. The day had built up a fury in Lucky that was usually dealt with in one of two ways: sex or a fight. And since sex wasn’t in the cards, he’d settle for dragging Nic’s ass home.

He grabbed his phone when he felt it buzz in his pocket. Ash had found out where Nic and Ellie were hiding and DMed him the location. She had offered to help, but she was the last person that Nic needed to see at this very moment. Complicated. There’s that fucking word again.

It wasn’t ALL Ash’s fault. So, she went on a date with Nic even though she knew she had this blind date lined up. Nic got attached and that was on him. He made his way toward the direction that Nic and Ellie were at and ignored twitter as much as possible. All it did was make him madder.

As he approached, he watched Ellie take off. Relief set in. He didn’t like Ellie. He didn’t like Ellie at all. He was trouble. Careless. Lucky knew Nic hadn’t gotten crossfaded without help. It was always Ellie. Self-destructive little fuck.

It took Nic a minute to notice Lucky and when he did, Lucky's fists clenched and he was prepared for a fight.

”Hey, Lucky baby,” he said, standing up from his seat. “I knew you’d show up sooner or later. I’m just too pretty for you to resist,” he continued, a shit eating grin on his face. “Well don’t worry, you aren’t too bad yourself. Now come over here and gimme a kiss.”

Nic slurred as he stumbled over with an unexpected cheerful demeanor and wrapped his arms around him. Lucky turned his head just in time when he felt Nic’s lips assault his cheek. A look of disgust formed on Lucky's face as he waited for Nic to get off him. How fucked up was he? He could barely stand on his own. Lucky groaned. As much as he wanted a fight, there was no reason to cause unwanted attention. A video trending online of Lucky beating the shit out of fellow student was the exact opposite type of attention he needed.

“Let’s take you home, alright, buddy?” He stated as he adjusted Nic’s weight so that his arm was holding him up while he attempted to assist/carry Nic to the parking lot. Nic was very little help. He mumbled something about Ellie and Lucky rolled his eyes. “He’s waiting for us at the car, okay, but I need your help here.” He lied. Of course he lied. The last thing he needed was a tantrum from a fucking 17-year-old toddler.

“You’re such a buzzkill, Lucky, dragging me home this early. I was having fun, you know,” he complained, not sounding very angry at all. Nic stuck out his lip in a pout, before continuing. “I’m hungry? Are you hungry? Do you think Ellie’s hungry?” He asked.

The walk was slow and laborious. Nic was barely coherent and if he was being honest, he had tuned Nic out the minute his lips touched his cheek. The less he reacted to Nic, the better.

When he approached the car, he felt Nic’s feet drag.

”Where’s Ellie?” Nic asked, his voice quiet.

Lucky sighed. “Look, Nic, you’re wasted.” He said as Nic shoved off him toward the car.

“You said he’d be waiting. You fucking lied, didn’t you,” he said.

Lucky tensed. Prepared for a fight. He wanted a fight. “Give me the fucking keys, Nic. I’m seriously not playing.”

“Well guess what? I’ll drive myself. I don’t need you. I have my keys, so just...just leave me alone,” he seethed.

Lucky gripped Nic’s shirt and slammed his back hard against the car. This was just a fucking game to him. He didn't understand the consequences of his actions. That him getting behind the wheel could destroy someone's life. Lucky saw red. He jabbed his fist into Nic’s abdomen and sent a left hook to his face. Nic dropped the keys. Lucky barely noticed. Too consumed by the thoughts that night. Hanging upside down in the passenger seat watching his mother bleed out below him. Lucky repositioned him and sent another blow to Nic’s face. He pulled back. Ready to throw another punch when a nearby car alarm snapped him out of it.

Lucky looked around, then at Nic before he pushed off him and Nic slumped to the ground. He knelt down and picked up the keys. “Get in the fucking car, Nic. I’m not gonna ask again.” He said breathlessly as he waited for Nic to get up.

MOOD: numb

OUTFIT: XoXo

basics
MENTIONS:
Charlie ( geminiy geminiy ) Ash ( Winona Winona ) Ellie ( toucant toucant )
INT:
Lucky ( gh0stwriter gh0stwriter )
tags
TL;DR Nic is having a crisis.
tl;dr
Nic Thompson
utter silence...

The next ten minutes passed in a blur of emotion tinged color. Soft pink and orange—like the sunset—when Ellie returned his affection, before getting up to go...where was he going? Nic couldn’t remember. Bright yellow when Lucky strode into the diner. Nic had been excited to see his newfound friend and roommate. The more the merrier, right? And he was sure Ellie wouldn’t mind if he and Ash were there. Next was a muddled blue and green, as they walked through the fairgrounds, and suddenly everything was very funny. He rambled on to Lucky, not even sure what he was saying. Ash. She would think he left her at the diner when she got there. Shit. He’d text her, then, when they got to the car. And then she could come over and everything would be good and nice.

At the back of his mind anxiety prickled, like something wasn’t right. The drugs and booze clouding his mind brushed the feeling away, however, and soon he was grinning again. The smile faded as they got to the parking lot and the color changed to bright, angry red and black at the edges. Next thing he knew, he was on the ground, clutching his face. Why was he on the ground? Why did his face feel wet? Nic reached a hand up to wipe at the liquid, frowning. Pulling his hand back, he studied the red liquid as if fascinated. It was dripping into his mouth and down his neck, probably onto his white shirt.

“You punched me,” Nic said plainly, even as there was a crushing feeling in his chest as he realized what this meant. They’d all lied. Both of them. Ash, Lucky. Lucky and Ash. His brain was a muddled swamp of thoughts, adding to his bad mood. He couldn’t make sense of anything and yet everything made sense. Ash didn’t like him. She hadn’t enjoyed their date on Tuesday. Hell—it hadn’t even been a date. And she didn’t want to see him, either. She had fed him pretty lies and he’d eaten them up like candy. Stupid, poisoned candy. And now...now she was on a date with Trevor fucking Callaghan.

And Lucky...she’d told him where they were. And Lucky had still come, even after NIc told him not to, had told him to stay away. Ellie. Shit. Ellie was still at the diner, waiting for him. Nic wasn’t stupid—he knew that the trembling earlier hadn’t just been from the cold. And Nic had left him—albeit unknowingly, but did that matter? Nic was the one trembling now, his breath coming out in panicked rasps as he leaned his head back against his car, closing his eyes. Maybe when he opened them he’d be back in the diner, Ellie across his lap, their hands intertwined. Ash would be on her way, and Lucky—he could come too. And it would be fine. Everything would be fine.

His brown eyes opened to the same scene as before: Lucky standing over him, arms crossed. The night sky fractured by the huge lights in the parking lot, causing him to wince against their brightness. His nose was still bleeding profusely, and his eye throbbed. His phone dinged in his pocket and Nic pulled it out, wiping blood from his hands onto his pants before reading it.

Whatever we had is over—Lucky’s calling.

Nic read it again, and then a few more times, before letting his phone drop from his hand and onto the pavement. Ash lying to him? Fine. He should have expected it. Lucky punching him? Maybe he’d deserved that. But Ellie ending things? That hurt more than any punch he’d received. It drove a dull blade into where his heart should have been, twisting and carving. Nic’s shoulders slumped, any aggression held in his body draining from him as he hoisted himself up, staggering to the passenger side of the car. He got in without a word, his nose dripping onto the floor mats. He wouldn’t cry—he hadn’t cried since the day his mother had died. Not when his father had gone missing, not when Jen had dumped him. Certainly not now. And so he sat, staring blankly at the dashboard in front of him, his heart beating an irrational rhythm in his chest, throbbing right along with his eye.

Silence rang in his ears, and his eyes darted back and forth, following each drop of blood as it made its way to the floor. Nic couldn’t bring himself to care. His brain was still clouded over, trapping him inside his own reeling mind, thoughts flipping rapidly between Ash and Lucky and Ellie and Charlie. His phone was abandoned at his feet somewhere.

When they got back to the apartment, he climbed out of the car as if in a trance, after grabbing his phone. He trudged up the stairs, tripping more than he cared to admit, before pushing open the door to their apartment, not bothering to turn on any lights before walking to the couch and slumping down, Hugh jumping excitedly at his feet. Nic paid the dog no heed as he wiped at his nose. The bleeding had subsided to a slow drip. He sat, staring at nothing, waiting for Lucky and the lecture he was sure he was going to receive.

While waiting, he sent a quick text to Charlie, reassuring her that he was alright and asking if she would talk to Ellie. When she agreed, he clicked his phone off again, resuming his staring. He’d wanted to go home, but not like this. No. He’d wanted to stumble in, Ellie’s hand in his, smiles on both their faces, stomachs full of disgustingly unhealthy fair food, and hearts full of something more than mere friendship. They’d barely make it back to his bedroom before—

Nic pushed the thoughts from his mind. It hurt too much to think about Ellie right now. To think about anything right now. Liquor. Did he have any more liquor laying around the house? A dead laugh bubbled from his chest. Even if he did Lucky certainly wouldn’t let him have any, glorified babysitter as he was.

He waited for Lucky to enter the apartment before shooting him a smile that didn’t reach his eyes, more of a bearing of teeth than a grin. “Go on then. Get it over with. I want to go to bed,” Nic said quietly, pinning his gaze on Lucky. Not that he could sleep now anyways, but he wouldn’t tell him that. His lips flicked out across his dry lips and he winced against the metallic taste of blood. He’d need to shower, too. If he didn’t slip and fall.

Nic was entertaining the idea of knocking himself out on the cold white tiles of the bathroom floor when his phone dinged again. Ellie. After a few minutes of texting that hurt Nic’s heart, he was able to get what happened across to his friend, effectively saving their relationship, and receiving a promise that Ellie would be over later, after Lucky had gone to sleep. Something eased in his chest at that—the knife pulling out just barely.

“Well? I’m ready for the lecture. Now get on with it.”

code by valen t.

Last edited:
fillerfillerfillfillerfillerfillersdlerfilelifr 4:00 PM fillerfillerfillerfillerfillerfillderfillerfilr
... trevor callaghan ...
MOOD

his apartment-- on the couch

TAGS

ash Winona Winona (his roommates mentioned)

He was desperately trying to keep his fluttering heart from crashing into his stomach. His clammy hands grabbed at it, straining with all of their might to keep it on its shelf as the slippery, fickle thing threatened to teeter off of the edge.

Her movements were slow— too slow. It was like time was torturing him, holding her answer over his head as it played tricks on him. The adrenaline coursing through his veins was wearing off. It was only a matter of time until he fully fell.

He anticipated her next words: I…I don’t want to be with you. Even if I like you, there’s no way. We’re not cut out to date each other. We’re total opposites. I’m way above your league. It would never work. He knew that they were coming. After all, good things were short-lived. Highs could only be ridden for so long until you were sent crashing lower than you’d been before. Moments lasted for a breath and then they were gone, and one was left staring at the vapor that it had left— the ghost of its past, the only evidence that it had ever existed. Smiles faded quickly, and tears came soon thereafter. Anything that lasted too much longer than not long enough crashed and burned, killing whatever signs of life had been there before. This was how life was; it ripped and tore and never forgave or let up or took a moment’s rest or apologized for any of its actions. It was a cruel beast with a fucked up sense of justice that never seemed right to the mortals but surely made sense at thee end of the road.

Now, he was waiting for the assistant to come and gather the basket in which his head lay, gaping, still aghast at how quickly the blade had severed it despite its lack of any sentience any longer.

She had smiled at him. She had said that she liked him, too. She had pressed her lips against his. A smile, a confession, and a kiss— that was all that he needed. Now, the moment could die, even if he didn’t want it to. The moment would die, because all of the good had been milked from it, and now, he watched her lips open and prepared to hear the words leave her mouth— the ones that he never wanted to hear but knew that he deserved and knew that it was better if he heard.

“No, Trevor, that’s not…”

His eyes studied her face, his brows knitted. He lips unfurled, opening slightly as he prepared himself for the words that were surely going to pour form her mouth.

The woman was approaching to collect the basket. She wore a solemn look on her face.

”Take it away, take it, take it,” the crowd chanted as she marched up to the gallows with a twirl of her black dress.

She was taking her sweet time, as if this were a show.

Say it. Say it. Say it. Say it.

Get it over with.

Ash’s eyes went to the ceiling, and her lips moved to open again.

Here it came. Here came her words. Here came her ultimate rejection. Here came her proving that this was too good to be true. Here came her saying that she’d only kissed back because she didn’t have the words to reject him with or something. Here came her saying that they should just go back to being friends.

Friends.

Just friends.

Could he ever be happy with that again, after having gotten a slight taste of what it felt like to be hers? Even if for that instant, it had been euphoric. His heart had soared; his head had felt light.

After he’d sampled that, there was no way that he could ever look at her in any other way. There was no way that he could pretend that this all had never happened— that he hadn’t confessed, that she hadn’t confessed, that they hadn’t shared soft kisses against one another’s lips. There was no way that he could accept that, even if he had to.

There was…no way…

Unless…that was what Ash wanted. If it was what Ash wanted, he would gladly do it.

But…he only saw her cutting him off. He only saw her dropping him, saying that she never wished to talk to him again and doing all that she could to help that. He was still waiting for that impact.

She needed to hurry to up. She needed to go right ahead and throw him down to the ground and laugh in his face, then walk off and leave him penniless.

“I like you, I want to be with you. I promise it's all..."

She…what?

Those weren’t the words that he’d expected.

She…

She wanted to be with him…? In the same way that he wanted to be with her…?

That wasn’t…that wasn’t it. She had jumbled her words. She was going to correct herself…

His heart apprehensively shifted back on the shelf, but his hands hesitated to sigh in relief.

There was still something coming up. There was still something— some bandaid to be ripped off and take up skin and hair with it.

There was no way that she wanted to be with him— there was no way that that was just it. Oh, feck, right, yeah, that wasn’t just it. She wanted to keep them a secret— she wanted the two of them to be hideaway lovers, meeting in back closets and empty parking lots and the roofs of forgiving strangers’ houses and the back row of Rachel. Which meant that…she was trying to let him down easy or something

But…

She’d said that she liked him. She’d said that she wanted to be with him…

He was so fucking pessimistic. He didn’t fucking know what was true and what was a lie anymore.

He just wanted to hear her flat-out reject him. That was what he was waiting for— for it to be all over.

“It’s all I’ve…thought about for…for way too long.”

Huh…?

She…what?

Was she saying that she’d thought about getting with him, too?

Her eyes moved back to his, and when their eyes met for a moment, his mouth cracked a small, confused smile, letting out a soft breath.

She’d thought about being with him before? And not just any before— for way too long…?

Had she been like him? Had she laid awake at night, cursing herself that she couldn’t get the confidence up to tell him about her feelings, and then awoken the next morning and cursed herself for thinking about him that early and then went to school and cursed herself for thinking about her as she wrote her lyrics and then returned home and cursed herself for not having the balls to make today the day to tell her? Had she been like him, kicking herself for lying and saying that they were just friends when they clearly weren’t— all of the months that they had been doing that?

Did she fantasize about him?

There was…

No way. That was…too good to be—

She said that she wanted to be with him, though.

She said that she liked him and wanted to be with him. What part of that didn’t he understand? She’d said what she wanted.

So why did he still feel so…off?

When she spoke again, her voice was so small and quiet that it sent a pang through his chest. “I’m just... it's... I'm scared.”

Scared.

Scared…

Weren’t they both?

He knew that he sure as hell was— more for her than for himself. He didn’t blame her. He was asking her to go so far below her level and date him— Trevor, weird stoner Irishboy with the pedovan. He, with such little experience in dating, was…going to destroy this relationship, he could feel it. It wouldn’t go well.

She was scared. It was okay.

Why did she want it to be a secret, though?

Wouldn’t that just make everything worse? Wouldn’t everything just strain and strain and strain and strain and strain against the rubber band that was holding them together, and when it snapped, no one would be able to say a word to anyone because no one would know about it? Wouldn’t their fights be even worse, because they couldn’t even have time to cool down? Wouldn’t the jealousy— the sensitivity— be more tense because one couldn’t even pipe up with the I have a boyfriend or the I have a girlfriend excuse?

He didn’t…understand.

"I just, I don't... I don't want people starting... rumors... or saying you're cheating one me or something, because I'll... I'll start to believe them, and then I'll... we'll fight over... over nothing, and it'll just... it'll just end badly, and I just, I don't, I just don't want that..."

Oh. Ohhh…

Rumors. Cheating. Other’s prying and meddling and thinking that they knew better than the people within the relationship.

Suddenly, he understood. It clicked in his head.

She wanted to be with him, but she didn’t want the pressure of it…being…known. That— that made total…total sense, yes.

Nico. Nico was the reason. The whole thing with him cheating on her— he knew that that had to have done terrible things to her mind.

It all made sense now.

If they kept it quiet— if they kept it under wraps— then there would be no hurtful rumors going around, right? Because, then, there would be no couple to split up, there would be no reason to look for things deeper than they ran, and there would be no…

Fear.

She wouldn’t have to worry about being judged for dating him, and he wouldn’t have to worry about hearing Charlie nag him about being right, always being right, blah, blah, blah. He couldn’t handle that— there was no way that he was going to validate Charlie.

Looking at it now, it made sense. Secrecy equaled security. If things didn’t work, then they could drop it. No one would have an investment in either of their relationships with one another. No one would be walking on eggshells because of one thing or the other. Ash could live her life, Trevor could live his life. There would be no pressure to outwardly show that they were together, because there would be no point.

It made…

It made sense.

"I get it, though, if you don't want to. It's... a lot to ask -- I know."

Trevor’s eyes searched her face again.

This looked like it meant a lot to her— the secrecy.

It felt weird. Starting a relationship but keeping it secret. Starting a bond that ran deeper than any others that he would have had before and just not being able to tell anyone about it.

But…it was what Ash wanted.

It was what Ash wanted, and her priorities took top priority. It wasn’t his job to make himself comfortable— it was his job to accommodate her.

He was, after all, lucky enough that she’d even heard out his confession, and he’d gotten much luckier by the second when she’d confessed and let him kiss her— and then kissed back.

Luck o’ the Irish or some shit. First time it was ever working out for him.

He wanted more moments like this. More moments where his heart was beating out of his chest and into her hands. More moments where he could feel what she felt— could hear and taste and touch it, too.

More moments.

More moments, even if they were hidden away.

He wanted her.

That was all that he wanted. Regardless of the situation, regardless of the criteria that he needed to meet, regardless of everything that he had to overlook, and regardless of all of the hurdles that he had to jump over, he wanted her.

He wanted her to smile with him. He wanted her to laugh with him. He wanted her to lace her hands through his and bring his mouth to hers and hear her say that she liked him over and over and over again.

He wanted this.

He wanted her.

In secret. In public. What was the difference?

He was being graced either way.

This was more than he deserved regardless.

Cautiously— moving slowly, as if he were reaching out to touch a fragile piece of glass that would shatter if he moved too quickly or too harshly— he brought his hand to her cheek again, rubbing her cheek with his thumb.

He could do this…

He could…

There was no difference in secret or public, anyway. Secrecy? He was secret already. It wasn’t like he would want to tell the public anyway. He wasn’t one to go out and announce anything, so…what was the difference? Most of what lovers did was in private, anyway.

Just because the word girlfriend felt good to think— and probably felt much better to say, though he hadn’t tried it aloud— didn’t mean that it’d feel any different to think or say it in private. Hell, having a private mot might be even easier than…than being in public.

If they fought— if they broke out— then no one would know. When it inevitably broke out— when everything inevitably broke down— no one would know besides them. No blame could be put on either of them, no sides could be taken…

Ash has feelings for me.

That much was true. As unbelievable as it was, it was true. As fantastical as it felt, it was a reality.

He still couldn’t believe even that.

And— and

Ash is my girlfriend.

If he said yes to this, it would be true.

If he said yes to this, this…feckin’ perfect girl would be his girlfriend.

Not just a friend anymore. Not no longer my friend.

Girlfriend.

That still felt…unreal.

Even if it was in secret— even if it was in secret.

It was a big secret. A bigger one than he’d ever kept.

But…

He could do this…

For Ash.

This was for Ash.

Plus, it made sense, right?

He rubbed her cheek with his thumb again, smiling vaguely.

He liked how this felt.

Right now, no one knew. Right now, they were the only two. Right now, if Charlie and Lin or Amy or Jo walked in, they’d have to hurriedly try to hide this.

That was…mildly…nerve-wracking…but…in…a…good…way…

He…ah…

He wanted this, too.

He wanted them to be secret, too.

Now that he thought about it, what good ever came out of being public with personal things? One got one less tooth in their mouth, or half of a school against one because one’s previous illness, or the police called on some pedophile who one’s convinced one’s in love with. Where was the good in those things? He didn’t see it.

He had plenty of secrets— some more thinly-veiled than others. His habit— though everyone seemed to know about that. His feelings— though he’d aired a lot of those out today…

This one would…just be another one. Just another secret. Yeah…

Though this one held a lot of weight, it was no different than other secret.

Plus, he wouldn’t have to admit that Charlie and everyone else was right.

Right. Yeah.

That.

He set his eyebrows, rubbing her cheek once more.

He could do this.

Drawing in a soft breath, he found his words from somewhere inside of himself:

“I’ll do it, Ash, darlin’— if that’s what ya want.”

MOOD: Excited, nervous... a little hungry.

OUTFIT: here

basics
MENTIONS: Morrigan, Kio.exe Kio.exe

INT: Zeph, Stella, Naomi Winona Winona @Kitsune
tags
TL;DR Idk just read it, man.
tl;dr
Alejandra
But I can't help from askin' are you bored yet?

"Whatever happens will be an adventure."

Damn, this girl was so cheesy.

She kinda liked it though.

But that part's gonna stay a secret... for now at least.

Alex found herself rolling her eyes at Zeph's words, begrudgingly pulling her wallet out of her back pocket with a smile. "Fine, fine. I'll be a good little gentlewoman." She was never really good at ordering anything, Alex was a very... self conscious person. At least, with some people. Others she just simply clicked with and there was hardly a trace of an embarrassingly dorky Alex.

Well, there probably was, she didn't notice it herself with certain people.

The thought alone had Alex bring up her phone, sending a few messages over to Morrigan-- all while jokingly teasing because she weren't here, Alex might've been slightly serious. So what if there was a little passive aggressive tone in her messages? Mor said she'd be here. Maybe she'd be a little more calm if she was too. Which... wasn't her fault. If she had different plans, she had different plans. Alex wouldn't hold that against her. She was a little distracted by her phone to notice the man awaiting for her to place an order.

'I’m so sorry, Alex chara. Where are you?'

"Miss?"

Alex glanced up from her phone when she pressed send.

'We’re at the funnel cake stand just meet up with us when you’re not busy. If you want to. Not because you feel obligated to.'

'oh hush up. Loser. I’m on my way.'

Alex suppressed a smile and shook her head, "Sorry, sorry. Whatever these guys wanted and uh..." She tapped her phone as she waited for a reply, waiting for the silent buzz before answering.

"Chocolate and sugar, That's fine. Thanks." She enjoyed chocolate way more on it's own. But dumb Morrigan liked sugar, so... that's what she was getting. Besides, she'd feel terrible if Mor had shown up and everyone had a funnel cake and she didn't. Alex wasn't gonna even gonna touch the enticing, delicious sugary goodness without her. She wasn't going to be rude.

Speaking of rude, Alex pocketed her phone away, feeling slightly guilty for being on her phone in the first place. Catching the last bit of their conversation. Multitasking. Yup. She was great at that. "Hah, there is no all in that sentence, Just Zeph like the child that he is." She teased, more than happy to stay on the sidelines and enjoy her dessert than to sit in a spinning tea cup, and wind up hurling all over Naomi.

Wasn't gonna happen on yet another first not-date.

Sorry, not sorry.

Suddenly Naomi was holding out a fork to her and it almost left Alex speechless, again. If there was anything Alex couldn't resist it was pretty girls and food. It was a burden, really. The tall brunette leaned down slightly, silently praying Naomi didn't see the slight blush on her cheeks as she successfully ate a piece of funnel cake without looking like a total slob. Well, there was probably some chocolate somewhere around her face-- but don't tell her that or she'd die.

"Mmm. See, chocolate should be eaten on it's own. I feel like the sugar kinda makes it... a little too sweet." Alex gestured towards the plate she was holding for Morrigan.

There was a flirt in there somewhere.

Somewhere.

But Alex was too clueless to find it.
code by valen t.

Last edited:
fillerfillerfillfillerfillerfillerlerfilelifr 12:45 PM fillerfillerfillerfillerfillerfillerfillerfilr
Lucky
MOOD

pissed

home

Lucky had no remorse. As he watched Nic struggle, blood dripping from his nose, he didn’t give a shit. As far as he was concerned, Nic deserved every single blow. He waited patiently for Nic to get up. He was so faded; Lucky wouldn’t be surprised if he had no idea what happened.

“You punched me,” Nic said plainly.

No shit. What did he expect? He tried to be civil. He tried to be friendly, but Nic didn’t seem to respond well to reason. At least in this state. He was so caught up in his emotions, he couldn’t get his head out of his ass long enough to see things for how they were. He crossed his arms ready for Nic to retaliate. Most people would have. And Lucky was ready. It surprised him, though, when Nic stood up and got into the passenger seat without a word. Taking a deep breath, Lucky entered the car and started driving toward the apartment.

It was quiet.

Normally, Lucky wouldn’t mind. But his anger had subsided some, so instead he replayed the events of the night his mom died. Events that left him waking up screaming and drenched in sweat every night for a year. Events that had wrecked his life beyond repair. He closed his eyes tightly for a moment hoping this action would somehow scrub the memories from his brain. It never worked. He had spent years learning how to repress those memories. And in one night, because of Nic, he got to relive it all over gain.

Maybe that’s what pissed Lucky off the most. He could tell someone it was because of some hero complex. Tell them that it was because he wanted to spare them the pain of what he had went through. Still goes through. But it was a lie. In truth, every time some douchefuck attempted to drive drunk, Lucky got to relive that moment. And he loathed it.

He parked and watched Nic struggle out of the car – then the stairs. Served him right. He was relieved that they had finally made it home. He switched on the light and gave Hugh a pat on the head before watching Nic collapse onto the couch.

“Go on then. Get it over with. I want to go to bed,” Nic said quietly, pinning his gaze on Lucky.

Lucky huffed. Fucking martyr. He walked to the freezer and pulled out a bag of frozen peas and a few paper towels from the counter. He tossed the peas on Nic’s lap and held out the paper towels. A peace offering. And he didn’t want blood to get on the couch. Lucky had made his point. There was no need to say anything else. Once Nic grabbed them, he went toward his room.

“Well? I’m ready for the lecture. Now get on with it.”

Why can’t he ever keep his mouth shut? Lucky turned around to face him. “Fuck off, dude.” An irritated chuckle escaped his mouth. “You want a lecture, call your dad." He stated. "I was trying to be your friend." His anger slowly rising up. "You want me to apologize for getting you home safe?” He rolled his eyes. “Things didn’t work out with Ash, but that wasn’t my fault. It’s not my fault you surround yourself with junkies and fuck-ups that can only have a good time when they’re so high they can’t function. Stop being a little bitch and learn to handle your shit. Or don’t drive. It’s that simple.”

Hunter Drake
"Just Hunter?" He joked, cracking a grin when Liv corrected the ring toss attendant.

Hunter watched Liv's emotions go left and right as she chose the rainbow unicorn -- which was a good choice. He always assumed she'd be the type to go in that direction, but he still couldn't shake that feeling stirring in his stomach about how she went from giddy to sus to shrugging the entirety of her own line of questioning out the window. It was like she went through a whole night of emotions in the matter of seconds. Not that Hunter cared or anything.

By the time she was done and they had walked a few feet away from the ring toss stand, before Hunter could get a word in -- or anything really -- Liv's motor mouth was at it again, but this time it was about the ferris wheel.

"I should really go find Nickie," he admitted, an uncertain expression crawling on his face. He doubted she heard him, what with how much she was yammering on.

He took out his phone and checked it for any new messages.

Of course, there wouldn't be.

Hunter didn't want to play waiter all night, so he typed a quick message to Nickie.

hey
gonna be by the ferris wheel if you wanna meet me there
or if not, then ig ill catch you later?

If Hunter was being honest with himself, he was frustrated. Not getting any text messages from Nickie was strange. She usually was the first to text him when she woke up and she was usually the first one of them two who was up bright and early, but now? Now, she is so sporadic in messaging him that he has to toss her a bone (so to speak) just to get anything from her.

So maybe part of him enjoyed the company with Liv. Maybe that frustration was why he didn't pull himself away from her nor didn't bother objecting to the ferris wheel.

"Yeah, let's do it," Hunter said with a shrug and took her hand as he led her in the direction of the giant, lit up ferris wheel.

fall fair

mood

ah, what the hell?

outfit

boy looks like a rich bum

tags

Liv Soap Soap , Nickie (via text) ditto ditto
coded by natasha.

MOOD: biiitch

basics
MENTIONS:
too much work

INT:
@LowkeyLovingLoki (Seb)
toucant toucant (Ellie)
tags
TL;DR no
tl;dr
Chas Marino
Chas clutched the duck plushie tightly by its neck, fearing he'd drop it and get it dirty. No, he deserved better, and quite frankly, so did Chas. Perfection demands perfection, but at least Seb had some sort of "deeply inferior and not at all like Chas" sort of charm going on that kept him entertaining. Just inches from his—or, rather, Ellie's—shoes was a sticky spot where someone seemed to have dropped their soda. Chas grimaced and stepped a little to the side, switching the hand he carried his new plush in to keep him safer. The little guy needed a name, but first and foremost: food.

He waited in line very impatiently, checking his watch and tapping his foot frequently to tell the world "Hey! This is taking too long and I'm bored!" The dark-haired boy had insisted upon being the one to order their funnel cake, as Seb would surely pick the wrong one. Anyone that doesn't get strawberries on their funnel cake is a heathen in Chas' eyes.

He jumped when Seb's arms wrapped around his shoulders, instantly ashamed of himself for letting his guard down. "Dammit, don't scare me!" he hissed, scowling at the tall boy with burning red cheeks. He made no efforts to move Seb's arm, as the stupid things were so long they'd probably weigh at least a ton each. And if someone commented on his abundance of talk and shortage on action regarding Seb's annoying confidence, Chas would kindly offer up the same explanation.

"Yes, and don't make me cha...ange..." Chas threatened, his attitude petering out with the kiss planted on his cheek. He'd hardly recovered from the last extremely public display of affection just a few moments ago, his cheeks going from a bright pink to a deep red. He couldn't even finish his thought, as he'd been momentarily paralyzed by the sensation of Seb's lips caressing his skin. "W-w-we'll get whatever I say we want," Chas stammered, his attempt to regain whatever control he'd believed he had completely in vain, "A-and we wanna share funnel cake. With strawberries."

Chas both hated and adored the treatment he got from Seb, if that wasn't painfully obvious already. Although, to Seb, Chas' mixed signals had to have been at least a little confusing. Unless he was that easy to see through after all... If that were the case, everyone would be treating him like a helpless teddy bear, so what gives? Chas knew he was a tough nut to crack and prided himself on it, yet Seb was persistent enough to follow through. And, really... was the reward worth it? Just to put an internal smile on Chas' internal face after receiving a perfectly normal kiss after their Homecoming fiasco.

He forcefully paid for their treat as promised, then led Seb away from the food stands and past the seating area. Seb's arm was still around him, a much too overtly loving act for his comfort. He couldn't deny that he liked it, but he disliked the stares they got even more. At least, he was pretty sure people were staring? Preposterous. Don't think like that Chas. Everyone is always watching you with their full attention, waiting to strike again.

"We're eating this somewhere away from it all," Chas declared, failing to see much thinning in the crowds wandering about the fairgrounds, "Not sure if that's even possible at this place. Oh, and what should I name the duck? I can't think of anything good enough." The boy was growing more relaxed the more he talked, as just the sound of his voice often game himself the solace he needed to get through the day. He had a distinct memory of being twelve and monologuing under his breath about how his date with Obama's daughters would go in the future while his family discussed his sister's accomplishments. The date has yet to happen, but who said it's impossible?

A boy even taller than Seb caught Chas' eye, donning a face eerily familiar. It was Ellie, the fashion designer he'd taken to the fair with Seb. The boy he was originally supposed to go with—platonically. The one whose mood shifted as abruptly as Charlie had knocked his tooth out, in a record surely under ten seconds. The only difference was that Ellie's seemingly newly-developed disdain for Chas shifted multiple times, always in the negative direction.

Feeling himself fill with rage over this harsh, unfair treatment on Twitter, Chas resolved to go give the boy a piece of his mind. He'd spent the whole night avoiding his questions, ignoring his DMs, and antagonizing his boyfriend when the three of them were all supposed to have a lovely, sweet night at the fair. He pried Seb's arm off of his shoulder and handed him the funnel cake before stamping over to Ellie. "Hey, you. The hell's your problem tonight?" he growled, outrage written all over his face,
"Wanna explain all this shit on Twitter? You were fine literally a couple hours ago."
code by valen t.

MOOD: numb

basics
MENTIONS:
Ash ( Winona Winona ) Ellie ( toucant toucant )
INT:
Lucky ( gh0stwriter gh0stwriter )
tags
TL;DR Nic is having a crisis. and crying.
tl;dr
Nic Thompson
and the world came crashing down...

“You want a lecture, call your dad."

The bag of peas dropped from his hands at the words, Nic’s body going so, so still. Another emotionless chuckle slipped from him. “Trust me Lucky, if I could call my father I would,” Nic deadpanned, no hint of emotion in his voice. “My mother too, for that matter.”

It all seemed surreal, in this drunken state of mind, like he was detached from this whole situation, merely a bystander. Nic didn’t hear Lucky’s next words, until he brought up Ash.

“Things didn’t work out with Ash, but that wasn’t my fault.”

Fuck him he knew it wasn’t Lucky’s fault. It was no one’s fault but his own. It was his own damn fault that he couldn’t hold someone’s interest to save his life, couldn’t pick up on cues saying that she wasn’t interested in him. He didn’t know why he cared. Didn’t want to know why he cared. It had been five days. Five fucking days.

“It’s not my fault you surround yourself with junkies and fuck-ups that can only have a good time when they’re so high they can’t function. Stop being a little bitch and learn to handle your shit. Or don’t drive. It’s that simple.”

Nic cocked his head, bright, feral anger in his eyes. “Say that again, Lucky,” he snarled, standing. He slumped down onto the couch again a second later as his legs wobbled and the blood rushed from his head, leaving him dizzy and eyes blurry. “Please, say that again. I don’t think I heard you the first time,” he continued, even as his eye and cheek throbbed, reminders of what had happened last time he’d tried anything with Lucky.

He closed his eyes, propping his feet up on the coffee table in front of him. “Look, Lucky, I’m sorry that you’re so deprived of the fight you’re so obviously longing for,” Nic laughed, smirking. “Or is it sex you want?” He asked, opening his eyes and shooting him a grin. “Those seem to be your only two emotions, so which is it?”

He knew he was instigating, and he didn’t care. This sharp, hot anger burning in his chest was better than the utter numbness that was there a few minutes ago. Nic shrugged, making a show of stretching nonchalantly, like he didn’t have a care in the world.

“Sex or aggression. I like it, Lucky babe,” he mused, his grin widening. “Ooh! I know! How about we fight, and then we have really angry make up sex after,” he continued, his voice slowly rising to a shout. Nic knew he made no sense, but he really did not care. He was being irrational, immature and blatantly stupid, and he didn’t care. The grip the drugs held on his mind was still tight, the anger curled in his gut like a snake in the grass still coiled.

“Fuck you,” he said, his voice barely above a whisper. “Fuck you for acting all high and mighty when you don’t know shit. About me, certainly not about Ellie,” he growled, smile long gone. “You want to boss someone around? Well go somewhere else and do it.”

Nic’s eyes kept flicking towards his open bedroom door, his body wanting nothing more than to slump into bed and never wake up. But he knew if he got up and tried to go now, he’d fall on his ass before he could make it three feet. He’d seem really tough then.

He felt...helpless. Like he couldn’t do anything right, no matter how hard he tried. What would his mother say, if she knew what was happening to her son right now? Every bit of anger left his body at the thought, leaving him empty. His head slumped towards the floor, and his breathing was ragged. Nic’s vision was still fractured, his head still spinning, and for the first time in six years, a tear slipped down his face.

First one, then another, and then a whole stream, like some flood gate was thrown open. Like every shitty thing that had happened to him since his mother got sick had amounted to this moment. He couldn’t look at Lucky, couldn’t bear to see the disgust and anger that was surely lining his face. Nic made no noise, even as he was trembling, instead staring blankly at the floor as salt water mingled with the blood on his face, before dripping to the floor.

He didn’t think the tears would ever stop. Maybe he’d drown in them. Wouldn’t that be a blessing.

code by valen t.

MOOD: anxious

basics
MENTIONS:
N/a
INT:
Alex ( Soap Soap ) Naomi ( Kitsune2202 Kitsune2202 ) Zeph ( Winona Winona )
tags
TL;DR Mor meets up with Alex and co.
tl;dr
Morrigan Raine
Uh...funnel cake.

As Morrigan headed towards where Alex said they were, she couldn’t help but to be nervous. She had never really talked to Zeph or Naomi. What if they hated her? What if Alex liked them more than her? What if hanging out with them at the fair turned into a regular thing and Alex decided to start inviting them over? What if…

Mor pushed the useless “what ifs” from her mind, brushing a stray brown hair out of her face as freezing wind blew past. Gods it was cold. She hated the fall. It was wet, cold, windy and boring, all things she would prefer not to deal with. At least she had funnel cake to look forward to. One of the few good American foods.

As she approached the group, Alex’s back was to her. You can turn around now and no one would notice, she thought. You could go home and say you were sick. It wasn’t a lie, not exactly. Mor’s chest was tight and her stomach swirling in unpleasant ways. No, she wouldn’t do that to Alex. Bracing herself, she threw a bright smile onto her face before approaching, sliding into the seat next to Alex.

“Look, I’m not too late, Alex chara,” she said, nudging her friend with an elbow. She gave the others a tighter smile, nodding her head. “Naomi, lass. Looking lovely. It’s a pleasure to see you, as always. And Zeph, what a pleasant surprise lad!” The lies fell out of her mouth easily, and she hated herself for it. It wasn’t that Mor disliked them. No, quite the opposite really. It was that the thought of them being friends with her friends made her uncomfortable in all the worst ways.

With a jerk of her head to the funnel cakes in everyone’s hand, she grinned. “Are they good? I’m famished,” she said, suddenly unsure of what to do with her hands. After a moment of fidgeting, she settled on shoving them in her jeans pockets.

code by valen t.

Last edited:
MOOD: fuzzy

OUTFIT: yessir

basics
MENTIONS: N/A

INT: jasmyn jasmyn (josie)
tags
TL;DR gus has calmed down, but really wants to go smoke
tl;dr
augustus
you know they say that i am better now
looking in josie's eyes, gus found himself finally, completely, calming down. her hands on his face were grounding him, he remembered where he was, remembered that at least josie was here for him, and she cared about him. he finally caught his breath, and he felt the last of the tears fall from his face.

"damn princess, you're good." gus' usual smirk found its way back to his face as he finally was himself again. still holding josie's wrists, he lowered them from his face to in front of them. his smirk morphed into a genuine smile. "thanks josie, i've just felt... alone? i guess?" taking another deep breath, he looked around at where they were.

surely but slowly gus remembered they were at the fair, where people were supposed to be having fun. and here was gus, having a breakdown when josie only came to have fun and enjoy the fair.

"hey, if you wanna go back to the fair, feel free to. i think i might stay here for a bit, and then probably heading home. i didn't even want to come, and i don't want to ruin your fair experience anymore than i already have."

gus hated feeling like this, like he ruined everything he touched. he felt like no matter what he did, everything crumbled around him. it was coming more and more evident to gus that he couldn't hold on to anything good; or even, maintain, anything. it drove gus mad trying to figure out what he was doing wrong, he just couldn't figure it out. the more he dwelled on it, the more he wanted to go back into his funk that he was in less than 24 hours ago.

until he remembered whose hands he was holding.
code by valen t.

Lucky
MOOD

pissed

home

This was exactly why he didn’t make friends. This right here. The fucking train wreck before him. He thought it would be nice, you know? Living closer to school. Having his own room. Coming and going as he pleased. Perfect. That’s what it was supposed to be. Simple. Uncomplicated. His life’s mantra. And now? It’s a joke. People sliding in his DMs. Going to Jace West for a favor. Daniel. And his shiny new fucktard of a roommate. The irony of having the name ‘Lucky’ wasn’t lost on him.

Nic cocked his head, bright, feral anger in his eyes. “Say that again, Lucky,”

Lucky stood there, arms crossed and his eyes narrowed. Was that a threat? Did Nic really want more damage to his self-proclaimed ‘beautiful face’? He was more than willing to oblige. He held back at the fair. Took it easy on Nic. A black eye and a bloody nose? He’s lucky he’s not lying in a hospital bed right now. Guess he didn’t knock any sense into the asshole. If Nic wanted more. Bring. It. On.

His eyes rolled as he watched Nic stand and collapse right back down. A disinterested huff and semi-amused chuckle escaped his mouth. Prick. He couldn’t fight a stuffed animal in his state.

“Look, Lucky, I’m sorry that you’re so deprived of the fight you’re so obviously longing for,” Nic laughed, smirking.

Lucky tensed. The dull simmer of anger boiled up with every word that spewed from Nic’s mouth. He inhaled deeply, his lips tight as he seethed with rage. Was he really going there? He really did have a death wish. It’d be sad if Lucky could see anything other than red.

“Sex or aggression. I like it, Lucky babe,” he mused, his grin widening. “Ooh! I know! How about we fight, and then we have really angry make up sex after,”

Breathe. He inhaled and exhaled quickly. Nic tested his patience and Lucky was fighting a war within himself that he rarely won. “Fuck. You.” He drug out the words. Did he strike a nerve? Lucky would never admit to it, but he knew he didn’t hide it well.

“Bet you’d like that, huh, Nic baby?” Lucky shot back. “To get on your knees or bend over for anyone who shows you the slightest bit of attention that you, so desperately crave?” He fumed. “It’s fucking pathetic.” He thought he knew Lucky? Two could play that game. And Lucky had the edge and wasn’t about to let this sanctimonious fuck get to him anymore than he already had.

“Fuck you,”

Lucky flashed a grin in Nic’s direction. He didn’t always have to resort to physical violence. Words could do the job just as good. Maybe even better in this case.

“You want to boss someone around? Well go somewhere else and do it.”

“Don’t worry. I’m done giving a shit. You wanna fuck your life up? Do it.” He turned and entered his room. "You'll get your keys back in the morning." He slammed the door behind him. He took a deep breath, glad he was finally alone and this night could come to an end.

fillerfillerfillfillerfillerfilslsderlerfilelifr 4:00 PM fillerfillerfisdsdllerfillerfillerfillerfillerfilr
... michael reid ...
MOOD

still. fucking. no.

fairgrounds

TAGS

ronnie hery hery

When the redheaded cockblock turned around, it hit Michael again: that intense urge to turn on his heel and fucking run. The disgust in his chest reared its head once more, and he found himself holding back an intense eye roll and two middle fingers. His damn feet had carried him back here. He had had his opportunity to leave, and he’d gotten so close before fucking passing it up.

The pain in his neck, though, was mostly gone. Just like that— like a switch had just been flipped or something. It was a relief that fell over him like some kind of melted liquid— one that, once fucking again, he was unsure was worth what he’d done for it— and pooled in his chest. Aw. Nice. Warm. Cozy. Fucking great. Pleasant. One-hundo percent worth it. No question about it. A-o-f-n-kay.

Or something like that. Awww, he was a good guy, yeah. He was used to this emotion. He could handle it.

Besides, at least he didn’t feel physical pain anymore or whatever the fuck. Listen, he wasn’t an optimist, but he’d take what he could fucking get, ya know—

Or, actually, fuck it. He could be an optimist for the night. Things could be fucking worse.

He just couldn’t think of a scenario that could be worse at the moment.

Listen, just fucking suck it up and take it at face value— he was doing his fucking best, alright?

Plus, seeing her nearly piss herself there was a bit cathartic, he had to admit.

He grinned at Ronnie, playing more into the pool in his chest than the grieving in his head. “Wanted to give you a little surprise, Ronnie,” he said, prodding at her shoulder and winking with a laugh. “One last spook before the moment was over, babe— I wouldn’t call that a cheap scare.” He chuckled. “You just looked real cute when you’re hunkering in my chest— wanted to experience it again.”

He cocked brow at her. “Who knows, though— in a few months, I may give ya another scare.”

The thought of fucking Ronnie nearly made him vomit, but it was fucking worth it for the joke.

He chuckled again, throwing his arm around her. “Where to next, babe?” His eyes searched the area above the stalls, where he could see the tops of rides. “Are we spinning on a ride until you spew onto me daintily, or are we headed to go fuel said spewing? Maybe we could head to a ride where you’d screech before we leave the ground because it’s already too high?” he teased.

He really fucking hope that she got that.

Heights and Michael did not mix— they mixed even fucking worse than Mike and haunted houses.

Fuck you. Don't give him that look. Just chant along.

Noheightsnoheightsnoheightsnoheights.

fillerfillerfillfillerfillerfillerlerfilelifr 7:45 AM fillerfillerfillerfillerfillerfillerfillerfilr
Zephyr
INTERACTIONS

Stella, Naomi, Alex, Mor

MENTIONS

N/A

Walking it was. Zephyr could do that and he was glad when Naomi suggested that they walk. She was right -- they had an itinerary of things to do, and only so many hours to do them. If Zeph was going to ride all of the rides at least twice (okay, he'd settle for once, but he'd prefer twice), then they'd have to get a move on. Chop, chop, and all that.

He would've rather left the food for the end of the fair when everything was winding down. That's how he usually did fairs, anyway. Just rides, rides, rides until the rides started to shut down, and then he'd buy as much food as he could carry, and then he'd eat said food and watch the fireworks if there were any and then he'd go home and not sleep because sugar high coupled with the remnants of the adrenaline of the night, so he'd usually pull an all-nighter that would turn into passing out at six am.

Really, was there any other way to do a fair?

"Teacups, the swing-y ride... the Gravitron... all of the rides..." Zeph stated wistfully. Basically, all of the rides that would induce dizzy heads and vomiting, but hey, that was beside the point. Much like his new buddy, Lin, he had a gut of steel. Zeph had never puked, nope. Not once. And he wasn't about to start now so the dizzying effect was just a nuisance, really. A side effect of a good time and he'd gladly deal with the slight bout of motion sickness for the fun of the rides.

They were walking, Naomi offered some food to Alex and Zeph rolled his eyes at his friend's attempt at... uhh... well, actually, he really hoped it was just basic conversation and not her trying to flirt. But it certainly sounded like a flirt. However, if that was the case, then yikes. Poor Alex needed help. A wingman.

A Zeph.

He was an excellent wingman.

But... it was more fun to watch Alex struggle.

He took a bite of his funnel cake, looking up as someone else approached them. It took him a moment of wracking his brain to be able to place a name to the face -- Mor, Alex's friend. Zeph didn't know her particularly well (or at all), but she seemed nice! Zephyr liked nice, so he offered a polite smile back to her as she said his name.

"Hey, Mor. Glad you could join us." Zeph stated with a grin. "Food's great, but don't eat too much 'cause we're heading for the teacups and the Gravitron."

Gravitron, Gravitron. That one was more fun than the teacups if he was being honest. Maybe it was because he fit better. His awkwardly large frame could barely make it into the teacups anymore and he always had a habit of hitting his knees on the spinny wheel in the center. But hey, if he was willing to deal with motion sickness for the adrenaline rush of fair rides, he could handle slightly bruised knees. Plus it was really only that ride he didn't fit on anymore.

Zeph lowered his plate and fork towards Stella. "Want a bite?" He asked. "Or trade me. Bite of my funnel cake for some of your cider. Gotta see what Gen's been talking about all night."

Plus he was just thirsty.

fillerfillerfillfillerfillerfillerlerfilelifr IDK PMfillerfillerfillerfillerfillerfillerfillerfilr
Ash
INTERACTIONS

Trevor

MENTIONS

N/A

TAGS

ditto ditto

Her heart beat in her throat. Her breathing faltered and she felt like a fish that had been tossed out of water, gasping for air, while she waited for some kind of answer from Trevor. She was expecting... well, Ash wasn't really sure what she was expecting at this point. For him to say no? Laugh in her face? Yell at her?

There were options -- and by how he'd already reacted to her request, Ash couldn't see it going well. He'd already pulled away from her, the smile on his face had fallen, and that was why she couldn't bring herself to meet his gaze. Ash couldn't handle seeing the look of confusion and hurt in his expression and knowing that it was because she was being dumb. Because she was making a ridiculous request that he'd be an idiot to agree to, and she was being an idiot for even asking it.

But, at the end of the day...

Ash couldn't bring herself to agree to telling the world. There was just... so much bad that happened when one went public. And it wasn't just the rumors, it wasn't just listening to everyone's opinion on her relationship. It was what came crashing down after the relationship came to an end -- it was listening to everyone bash him to her face, and knowing that his friends were doing the same about her, and it was the crumbling of friendships as everyone took sides, and...

The shrapnel of a breakup didn't just affect the people in the relationship -- it affected everyone around them. If -- when -- Ash lost Trevor, would she lose Charlie? Josie? Amy? Lin? It was those fears that made her breath catch in her throat, made her chest feel like it was caving in, like her lungs were collapsing -- the deep-rooted fear of losing everyone.

At least when she had been with Nico, they hadn't really had any mutual friends to screw over in the inevitable breakup.

But if they kept it secret then, if they broke up, no one would be dragged into it. No one else would be hurt, and no one would feel the need to take sides in their breakup. Ash and Trevor could go back to how they had been before -- strangers that never talked, strangers that never crossed paths. They could stuff the memory of infatuation, of feelings, of one another's touch deep in a chest and bury said chest somewhere deep down and never speak of it again. They could chalk it up to a bad experience, to one that was pushed on them by the consistent teasing of everyone around them. They could do all of that, and no one would know, and no one else would be hurt.

Because yeah, maybe there was a little part of her deep beneath the feeling of the butterflies in her stomach, and the consistent beating of her heart, and the nervous tingling in her fingers that wondered if this was just infatuation pushed on her by listening to everyone around them say that there was something more.

Ash hadn't thought there was anything more until the teasing got bad and even then, she hadn't until the whole drunk kiss thing.

Was she thinking too much?

Probably.

Trevor reached forward and her body stilled. Her fingers dug into her sides, her arms tightened around her, and her breath came to a halt as his hand pressed against her cheek. His thumb brushed against her skin and she dared to let her eyes move up from her lap to meet with Trevor's again. He was gentle. He didn't look angry, but she still waited.

His thumb brushed against her cheek again and her heart started beating again, but her lungs still ceased to work.

“I’ll do it, Ash, darlin’— if that’s what ya want.”

Her breath rushed into her lungs in a shuddering breath. The look of worry that had darkened her features disappeared as her lips curled back into a gentle smile at his words. She relaxed, at least to a degree. Trevor had agreed -- for her, and that tugged at her heartstrings. She felt... guilty? Yeah, a little guilty for asking something this big of him, but...

Ash really couldn't handle another public relationship, especially not with someone that she felt like she barely knew. Her breakup with Nico was still fresh (well, at least to her), so all she needed was… a little more time. All she needed was a couple weeks, maybe a month, to know if this would work, then they could tell whoever. Ash just didn't want to be like "hey, Trevor is my boyfriend" and then a week later have to tell everyone that it hadn't worked out if that was how their relationship ended up spinning.

Boyfriend. Trevor was her boyfriend...

Freshman Ash would've been so disappointed to hear that she was dating Trevor -- the skinny stoner that Ash had sworn she'd never touch the first minute she had met him -- and not some hot football player with some dumb, fuck boy name like Ryder.

But this was... this was what she wanted... right?

She wanted Trevor. She wanted this. Right? Even if keeping something like this was very uncharacteristic of her -- usually, Ash was excited to tell people that she was dating someone. Usually, she would've already texted Eli by now to say something like "oh my god, I have a BOYFRIEND," but there was... something... holding her back.

She felt hesitant. Nervous. Like she was being asked to step out onto a frozen lake that was cracking underneath her.

It didn't make sense. Ash had been in relationships before -- not just the one with Nico, although that had been the only she really counted anymore, because it had been the only serious one. The only one that made it past those first couple weeks of the honeymoon phase. But she had jumped into all of those without a single fear, without a single worry holding her back.

So what about Trevor made her just...

So. Fucking. Scared.

It was... it was what she wanted.

Right?

She wanted this. She wanted Trevor. Ash didn't want just little flirtatious remarks at parties when she was too buzzed or drunk to remember them the next day, and she didn't want to see him making out with other girls, and she didn't want to go to school and smile and pretend that there wasn't something more.

Not that she could avoid that anymore, of course. That had come to an abrupt halt -- Ash had reached the end of her denial the moment Trevor's lips had touched hers last week, so it was... they had, what, two options now? Because going back to being... fuck, they hadn't been friends. Going back to being flirtatious party buddies or whatever the previous title that could be held to their relationship didn't work anymore. It didn't work because they'd reached the end of the rope. They'd reached the end of the plank, been backed into a corner, where the only option -- the only way out -- was to confess.

Maybe thinking that the relationship had started because they were forced also wasn't exactly the way to go -- maybe that was attributing to the worry, the idea that this wasn't really what he wanted or what she wanted, but what everyone else wanted...

But they'd both made that decision of what to do next -- neither of them had stood up and left (albeit, Trevor really couldn't seeing as how it was his apartment), neither of them had said to forget it. That was... that meant he wanted this, too, right? And that she did? Because neither of them had left.

So it was just... taking that leap. The hard part was over. The confession, the question. It was in the easy stretch now -- that honeymoon phase, where everything was great, right? They were dating. They had taken that leap. Ash had taken that leap and now she had Trevor sitting here in front of her, promising that he would keep it secret if that was what she wanted.

Maybe she was scared because he was agreeing because it was what she wanted -- not what he wanted. Their relationship was already starting off on a rocky foundation, in her overly worried mind. And she couldn't help but worry that he would... like, grow to resent her eventually for wanting to keep it secret.

Of course he would. Why wouldn't he?

But maybe she could just...

Just...

Forget that for now. It wasn't like the fear of what could or would happen had ever held her back before, so why should she let it now? What was so different about Trevor that Ash felt so tentative about giving into the idea of being with him?

Well, there was plenty that was different about him compared to the guys she was used to dating, but that shouldn't be enough to cause this sense of fear that was gnawing away at her gut.

Forget it. It would be alright.

She could do that. Shut off the part of her brain that was overthinking this entire thing.

Her arms fell away from her stomach and she leaned forward. Ash reached up, placing a hand on his cheek. Her heart was thudding away in her chest, beating rapidly against her rib cage and threatening to break through.

So far, Trevor had initiated every kiss -- heck, so far Trevor had initiated everything. It was him that had first kissed her last week, and was him that had suggested they were just friends at first, and it was him that had first admitted that was a lie, and it was him that had kissed her first every time tonight. So far, Trevor had led and she had just followed in his footsteps.

Now, though, she leaned forward until she was just an inch from his face. Like how she'd been last Monday in that classroom, close enough that she could feel his warmth, her hand resting on his cheek, but at the time... at the time, she had pulled away. Withdrawn. Failed to take that first step.

"Thanks," she murmured, her voice faltering. Ash wanted to say more -- she wanted to... apologize for asking for this, she wanted to take it back, she wanted to not be overwhelmed with the fear of what if’s. But the words died on her tongue – and it was probably for the best.

Ash closed the distance between them. She pressed her lips against his in a gentle kiss.

Her worries faded. The banging of the what ifs in her brain faded away to a dull knocking before disappearing altogether.

It was just her and Trevor, her boyfriend, right? God, that’s what he was now. Technically. The word didn’t necessarily bring any kind of strange flutter to her chest (again, she’d be in way too many relationships given her young age), but it did feel different to know that she was kissing Trevor now because he wanted to be with her. Fuck, fuck, he wanted to be with her.

That hit her. Hard. Trevor was a fuck boy, a stoner, and kind of… well… Trevor. Like literally everything that she had listed to Charlie as her not wanting was now sitting before her on the couch, with his lips pressed against hers, and that was… that was something.

Wait, was she thinking too much again?

Yeah, definitely.

She pulled away from him after a moment. Her hand moved away from his face to rest on his shoulder. Her eyes searched his face for a moment, a little grin on her face.

“So you’re… you’re my boyfriend now, right?” Wait, fuck, she didn’t need to frame that as a question, but she had. The word felt weird tumbling out of her mouth towards Trevor – well, at least in this context and not the context of ”Sorry, Trevor, I have a boyfriend” at whatever party.

“You’re my boyfriend.”

Heck.

OUTFIT: xoxo
basics

idk

mentions

nickie ditto ditto
adri Winona Winona
interactions
Evelyn Sinclaire
evie ~ eighteen ~ senior ~ plastics; fashion
It wasn't that Evie had come over here looking for a fight, as a matter of fact, she'd fully expected to be on her way by now but of course they had to bring up Nate. It was obvious they had done it to get a rise out of her but the worst part was that it had worked. Even though she was trying to tell herself that she was defensive because he was her friend, or she would be just as upset over any of her other friends, this was different. She could keep trying to deny that but she knew it was more. Which was why she felt the need to stick around and defend him even in his absence to two girls who didn't matter.

Even as she heard Nickie chime in, her eyes never left Adriane, letting the words go in one ear and out the other as if they weren't even being spoken in the first place. The little kiss-ass was only trying to jump in so she looked good in front of her puppet master and Evie was fully aware of that. Her attempt at being a bitch was mediocre at best, even her shaky voice gave away the fact that this wasn't her territory. It wasn't until she decided to follow in Adri's footsteps that Evie's gaze shifted and she stepped back to face the girl.

“What, can’t acknowledge the fact that your steroid-ridden boy toy’s strung-out and doesn’t fucking love you back, Evie?” Her arms crossed over her chest and she raised a brow to show she was listening. "Are you really judging me or who I sleep with? Please. You're just a pathetic nobody who is letting Hunter Drake nail you while trying to pass it off as an actual relationship. We both know that with Chas and Dei in his corner, you're only setting yourself up for disappointment," she started, the smirk returning to her face though it was short-lived.

"If you’re going to let him control you, grab a spoon, a pipe, and get to work, won’t you? Tittypecs has a lot of crack for you to smoke between gulps of his would-be children." So, the bitch actually had claws. Shocker. Too bad she'd chosen the wrong person to use them on. Who the hell did she think she was? Here she was trying so hard to insult Evie and for what? To be stuck in Adriane's shadow? Did she actually think Adriane was her friend? Well, that was pretty fucking sad for her.

Evie was just about to take a step in Nickie's direction, her anger ready to be released on the poor girl when Adriane's voice froze her before she could even move. Evie let a short chuckle escape her lips trying to keep herself composed as she looked back to Adriane. "Wow. Maybe I was wrong to underestimate your little Gretchen Weiners wannabe. You should really just let her do the talking. You're losing your edge," she said matter-of-factly.

As Adri continued, clearly wanting a reaction, Evie waltz over once more. "Do you get some kind of fucked up joy from having to stand up for criminals and drug addicts? They're never going to amount to anything, so you're really just wasting your time." Sure, Nickie's words had been sharper but yet something about Adriane irked her more. Maybe it was that she was the ringleader of their little duo or that she had been the one who brought Nate into the conversation. Either way, the voice that had told her to avoid a physical altercation had passed and she was seeing red.

Adriane mocked a shooing motion as if to dismiss Evie and the brunette had enough. Just the way she looked as if she had won or acted as if she could do whatever she wanted without anyone showing her any consequences pissed Evie off just enough. Evelyn Sinclaire was ready for an old fashioned bitch fight. If Nickie wanted to join in too then so be it, Evie was never one to be intimidated or back down and she wasn't starting now.

"You stupid bitch," she spat, as she drew her hand back and delivered a slap to Adriane's smug face. She took the opportunity that presented itself, from the shock of physical contact, to yank Adri from her sitting spot at the table. Before she knew it she was in a full-on fight with her fellow plastic in the middle of a g**damn fall fair, the commotion pulling in stares from onlookers. Not that Evie actually bothered to pay them any mind.

code by valen t.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back