• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern hollywood arts: main (open!!)

Characters
Here
fillerfillerfillfillerfillerfillerlerfilelifr IDK PMfillerfillerfillerfillerfillerfillerfillerfilr
Ash
INTERACTIONS

Trevor

MENTIONS

N/A

TAGS

ditto ditto

He was more confident. As if laying everything out between them had reduced his stress, his overthinking, so he was able to speak in complete sentences, and actually relax. It was nice. Good for Trevor, being able to lose himself in this moment and the calm with the tension between them dissipated.

However, it had the opposite effect on Ash. She was panicked, even if it wasn't completely visible on her face or in her body language, she was panicking. Not because this wasn't how she wanted the night to go -- Ash had figured she'd end up on some guy's couch by the end of the night making out, albeit not Trevor's -- but because of the sudden wave of what if's that were threatening to drown her. The overthinking part of her brain had kicked in.

Because what if this was a one night thing, what if they grew bored of each other in like two days, what if people started voicing their opinions and it affected how they viewed each other, what if--

“Do you have to ask, darlin’?”

Her heart beat in her throat as his hand pressed against her cheek. The what if's that had been battling it out for attention in her thoughts came to a halt.

“I think ya already know tha answer.”

He moved closer and Ash felt frozen in place. Her heart had ceased to pound. Her lungs had stopped inflating. She was frozen, her eyes breaking from Trevor's to glance down at his lips.

“I don’t want us ta go back."

Trevor kissed her and for a moment, Ash was lost in the moment. In the feeling of his lips against hers, in the fluttering in her chest, in the warmth of his hand against her cheek, in the reality of this moment actually happening. This didn't feel totally real, or it felt too good to be true, or something. She was waiting for something to shock them back into reality, something to ruin the moment, like it seemed to happen every time they were together.

But nothing came.

She shifted so that she was facing Trevor again, her legs tucked underneath her. Ash let go of his hand so she could wrap her arms around her neck, and she deepened the kiss.

Ash could just let herself forget her worries. Forget the what if's. Just lose herself right here, right in this moment with her arms around Trevor, with her lips pressed against his.

But if there was one thing Ash was good at, it was ruining the moment. It was the what if's and the overthinking coming back to haunt her, the stress of unanswered questions that ruined it.

Ash pulled away from him, but not far. Her arms stayed resting over his shoulders, her face still just inches from his. She hesitated, her eyes trailing down from his to his lips and she considered, briefly, not opening her mouth to speak. Not ruining this moment with the questions that pecked away at the back of her thoughts. She could just press her lips against his again and just forget and deal with it later.

"I don't want to tell anyone," her words were quiet as she spoke at a mere whisper. Her heart lurched. It was the truth, but it hurt to speak aloud, and she worried that Trevor would pull away and end it right there -- so she quickly tried to add on and explain herself. "It's not... it's just... I don't want people involved."

Wait, that didn't make sense.

"Like things were good with me and Nico, until these girls started telling me that he was cheating, and... whatever they told him. I don't want... I don't want to know people's opinions -- I don't want that affecting how I feel about you, at least like... not right away." Oh god, oh god, she was barely understanding what she was saying.

"Like, we can tell people, eventually. After we... figure this... out more," Ash continued, trying desperately to make sense of her point. "Plus I really don't want to hear Charlie's 'I told you so' and 'you owe me an apology,' and like, if things go bad between us, you know she's going to have something to say, and I just... don't want anyone interjecting."

People already had a strong enough opinion about the two of them when they weren't even dating.

Ash didn't want their opinions affecting her -- not when other people's opinions had been what had led to her avoidable breakup with Nico. She just... really didn't want to make the same mistakes again.

code by ditto (head empty go bonk)

Elias Johannes

After Lucas and his mother disappeared into the crowd, Elias turned to Jan and wrapped his arm around her shoulder. The two made their way away from the overbearing crowd to a quiet table nestled in a grove of trees, Eli hopping up onto the table as he had been before.

“So, how’ve you been enjoying the fair so far? The festival is one of my favourite events that Hollywood Arts hosts every year. There’s something about the fall air and all the junk food and all the little excited kiddos.” Eli spoke excitedly, his voice lilting with energy. “I don’t know, there’s something so fun about it. It sorta reminds me of this one fair Gen, Ash, and I would all go to in New York. We’d carve pumpkins and go on carriage rides and ugh, it was just so much fun. California is nice and all, but it isn’t home.”

Eli leaned back so that he was laying back on the tabletop, looking up at the clouds floating by overhead. Part of him felt bad for not talking, but he knew that his smalltalk was useless and usually quite awkward. Elias had a habit of simply being, even in the presence of other people, falling silent as he took in the sights and sounds that the world offered him. Life was too short not to simply be every once in a while and Eli hoped Jan would share in that sentiment. Slowly, he looked over to Jan and noticed her shivering.

“Hey, are you cold?” Eli asked as he sat up, carefully shrugging his jacket off of his shoulders. Carefully, Elias swung the jacket around and lodged it around Jan’s shoulders, smiling warmly as he smoothed out the jacket with a few careful strokes. “There ya go. It isn’t super warm but it’ll keep the wind off ya. Plus, it comes preheated. You’re welcome.” Eli teased with a laugh as he laid back down, his attention turning back to the sky.

Eli was sufficiently lost in his own thoughts once again, eyes finding shapes in inconspicuous white specks floating across the blue blanket overhead. For a moment, Eli closed his eyes. Where would those same clouds be when he opened them again? Would they be gone from his vision or would they still be there? Maybe that’s why he had always been so fascinated with the sky. In a way, it was a perfect representation of everything that was life. Look away for a moment, let your guard down for a moment, and everything could change, though changes weren’t always bad.

“So,” Eli spoke softly, his eyes still closed and a soft smile on his lips, “what’s this I hear about some dark past. Is this the point in our friendship when you tell me that you’re actually an FBI agent or in some sort of witness protection program and that now, since I know, you have to kill me? Or is that more of a second or third hangout sort of revelation?”

When he looked over again, Eli had expected some sort of laugh or smile. Instead, Jan’s face was a picture of confusion or hurt or pain or maybe all of the above. To be fair, Eli wasn’t entirely certain if he knew what Jan was expressing, but he was certain that his joke hadn’t been bad enough to elicit such a response. Sitting up, Eli reached a hand out and grasped gently onto Jan’s shoulders.

“Hey, hey, it's okay. What’s going on?” Eli asked, though he wasn’t certain if he was going to get an answer.

the fair

mood

'oop'

outfit

sick jacket, bro

tags

january sunshineysoul sunshineysoul
coded by natasha.

fillerfillerfillfillerfillerfilslsderlerfilelifr 4:00 PM fillerfillerfisdsdllerfillerfillerfillerfillerfilr
... michael reid ...
MOOD

fuck all of this.

fairgrounds

TAGS

nate Winona Winona (ronnie mentioned hery hery )

Michael could sense a little bit of hostility somewhere in Nate’s words, but he laughed it off. Listen, Mike was on edge already (no fuckin’ duh, right?), so his head was probably looking for more shit to piss him off. He cocked a grin at him and chuckled in an attempt to diffuse the situation, kicking at the ground.

And then, Nate opened his lips and questioned, "What're you gonna do on Monday if the little simp tries to find you and ask why you ditched her? Gonna go off on her?"

Well…fuck.

“Am I that easy to see through?” he joked, laughing in bewilderment as his mind reeled to answer the question.

Shit.

That was a good fucking question, wasn’t it? What was he gonna do come Monday?

Fuck.

His neck pinched.

“I don’t fucking know,” he laughed. “What kinda question is that, man? I’ll piledrive her,” he teased. “She wants me to bang her— being banged up by me is the next closest thing.” He chuckled. “Kidding. She’s anemic and frail. She’d snap like a twig, and I doubt that I could repair that kind of break with duct tape.” He kicked at the ground. “She wants me to fuck her, but I’ll add a little up to that, huh? Or, actually— Ronnie repellant, huh? Pepper spray, but it only works on cockblocking pests like herself. Tch…

He rubbed his neck, trying to alleviate the pain in it with a laugh. “Nah…I don’t fucking know what I’ll do. Maybe, I’ll just fucking avoid her until the end of my life. Or maybe, I’ll just go jump off of a cliff or something. Convince her to drive off the bay to prove her love to me or some shit. I dunno.”

He sighed deeply. “The fucking worst— the fucking worst, that’s what this is, Nate, man. I want to drop everything, steal a van, and ride off into the sunset whilst blaring out straight bangers on my golden saxophone. Fuck bitches, get money, get lit, ya know? Thaaaat kinda shit. Not sit here with a fucking pain in my neck ‘cuz I feel bad for a little simp girl, ya know?” He laughed.

“Hey, Nate— how in the hell do you just quit sympathizing with little bitch babies? Can you do that? ‘Cuz there’s something in me that sees her like a little wounded puppy— or some kinda rabbit, probably, ‘cuz she’s so…ya know— ’n feels sorry for her for no fucking reason.” He laughed. “As much as I want to drop kick her and leave, my damn fuckin’ neck keeps telling me—“ He heightened his voice into an effeminate falsetto. “— Michael, no, no, no!” He clasped his hands, batting his eyelashes at the sky. “You have to stay on this date ‘cuz you made promises—“ He dropped his hands and the voice. “Like, fuck promises, ya know? I just want to live my fucking life. Caring is for dumbasses, grandmas, and people with attachment issues, and I ain’t none of those things. ‘cept maybe the first, minus the dumb.” He huffed an irritated sigh.

Well, fuck. He didn’t mean to let that all slip.

He ran a hand through his hair, letting out a tense sigh. “Fuck, I’m talking too much, yeah? You don’t know me and here I come to bitch about my fucking suckass date and holding up your time, man.”

fillerfillerfillflleierlerssdsdfilelifr 4:00 PM fillerfillerfilrfillerllerfillerfillfilr
... nickie abrams ...
MOOD

shedidn'tmeantodothissheswearstogod

fairgrounds

TAGS

adriane Winona Winona evie jasmyn jasmyn

Nickie listened as Evie insulted her. Her cheeks reddened, and she felt her ears flush. T-That wasn’t true! That wasn’t true at all…

She tried to make herself smile and laugh to show how this was not affecting her at all, but thankfully Evie move onto Adriane to toss shallow insults at her— and then, when Adriane made a small, small comment about Nate— one that wasn’t even a dig or a lie, because he was all coked up and crazy— Evie stepped closer to her, eyes locked on her intensely as she clenched her teeth. “Do not go there. Unlike you, I'm not all talk and I don't take too well to my friends being drug through the mud, Adri. It's really best you keep the Nate comments to yourself.”

“Was that supposed to be intimidating, Evie?” Nickie piped up.

Her voice was a bit more warble-y than she’d expected. Her hands were still shaking. Oh, God. She sucked at being a bitch…

She sighed, as if she were bored, crumbling the wrapper in her hand loudly as she feigned a yawn. “Great attempt at insults, by the way, but I’d like to see a bit more creativity— I know you don’t have an ounce of it in your body, but a try at it would be nice.”

Nickie laughed. “Why are you defending him, anyway? What, can’t acknowledge the fact that your steroid-ridden boy toy’s strung out and doesn’t fucking love you back, Evie?” She rolled her eyes. “Get a life. You’re really letting concern for one of your oh, I’m not in love, he’s just a hookup lovers make you threaten someone who could hand you your silicone ass in a fight? Don’t let him control you like that.” She giggled. “If you’re going to let him control you, grab a spoon, a pipe, and get to work, won’t you? Tittypecs has a lot of crack for you to smoke between gulps of his would-be children.” She tossed the wrapper in Evie’s direction.

Oh, fuck…

Her eyes widened involuntarily as what she’d just said and did registered, but she shoved it back with a smile.

I’m so fucking sorry. I’m so, so, so, so, so, so, so fucking sorry.

Last edited:
Charlie Howell

Charlie couldn’t help but laugh at Lin’s confidence in him winning the bet. She would never be caught admitting that she could, in fact, be in serious danger of winning their biggest bet yet. Theoretically, it was anyone’s game. Charlie had no intention of losing their little bet. Maybe if she wasn’t so stubborn, Charlie would have just called the whole thing off.

It would have been easy just to have called it quits and said the bet was off and actually plainly said what she was thinking instead of having to jump through every loophole she could find to say what was on her mind. But a few sweet moments and a handful of near kisses was not about to deter the Lin versus Charlie bet of a lifetime, nor would it change the fact that she refused to lose to Lindsay Kay. Besides, if dating Lin meant that she had to throw that competitive and playful nature out, she didn’t really want it. No, they were just gonna be rivals who, uh, smooched every once in a while. That wasn’t a bad thing.

“You’re awful confident that you’re gonna win, huh?” Charlie teased as the two walked towards the teacups, her hand still laced with Lin’s, his arm still around her shoulders. “Unfortunately, I’m not going to be giving any confessions today. I didn’t really have any plans of telling you how I felt anyways. So I guess you’re just gonna have to give in or wait six more hours until one past midnight. You can tap out at any time, you know, I get it. I’m all cute and shit, I totally understand if you can’t withstand the pressure of waiting.”

Charlie and Lin made their way to the lineup for the teacup ride. Pulling out her wallet, Charlie paid for their admission and dipped through the gated entrance and into the lineup, finally letting go of Lin’s hand. Looking up at him, her eyes flashed as her lips curled into a devious smirk.

“Sooooo,” Charlie began, crossing her arms over her chest and around George the Rastabanana, “I suppose now is an excellent time to tell you the teacup ride story of 2015. Picture it: little Charlie and her brothers are at a local charity fair. There, in the distance, is the pinnacle of all rides, the cream of the festival ride crop: the spinning teacups. So, I convince my brothers to come with me because my mom couldn’t do the whole spinny ride thing. We get on and the ride starts. Alex, my oldest brother, is teasing me about how we’re going too slow. So, we went absolutely crazy. So much spinning, my head was absolutely killing me. Unfortunately, the ride was cut short because some mechanism in the ride broke. Alex proceeds to get off the ride and puked all over his girlfriend. It was hilarious. But that was the last time I rode the spinning teacups which means that now I have to outdo myself.”

The line crawled up and soon enough, Charlie and Lin were first in line to enter the ride. After another round, the attendant opened the gate and the pair walked inside. Charlie scouted her options, looking for the best teacup. Pointing to one in the corner, Charlie’s devious smirk returned again.

“That one. Big Blue. That is our cup, Lin.” Charlie laughed as she walked across the platform to the teacup, hopping in and placing her hand on the wheel in the centre. “Oh how long it has been, spinny teacup friend. I am going to spin you like you have never been spun before and Lin is totally gonna puke all over you so I am sorry about that.”

Once Lin was seated, Charlie latched the door and drummed on the wheel as she waited for the ride to start. After the attendants checked the doors and each cup, the teacups lurched alive, their slow rotation beginning. Charlie wasted no time, grabbing onto the wheel and giving it a strong whip. Charlie’s fingers barely left the wheel, slamming down after each heavy turn to start a new one. Before she knew it, the teacup was spinning at record speed as she burst out laughing from the dizziness settling in her head.

Eventually, the ride began to slow before fully halting. Standing up, Charlie stumbled from the world spinning around her, clutching onto Lin’s arm as she giggled uncontrollably, the pair making their way down the stairs and out of the ride area.

“Dude, I think that was one of the best spins ever!” Charlie laughed, bracing herself on a fence so that her vision could stop swimming. “That totally woulda made Al spew, I can guarantee it. It is an excellent ride if it would make Alex puke, though I don’t really think that would be too difficult. Come on, I’m thirsty.”

Once Charlie was more stable on her feet, she made her way over to a food vendor and grabbed them slushies before finding them a tree to sit under. Crossing her legs and dropping to the ground, Charlie took a sip of her slushie as she leaned her back up against the tree behind her. The wind was cooling, tousling her already messy hair. Stretching her legs out so that they were laying over Lin’s, Charlie smiled.

“So, I have a question.” Charlie said rather seriously, taking another sip of her blue raspberry slushie. “Would you rather have your date puke all over you or would you rather kiss her and find out she has mono? This question is purely hypothetical as I am not going to puke nor do I have mono, but I truly am curious.”

the festival

mood

'chillaxin, my dude'

outfit

autumn vibes

tags

lin ditto ditto
coded by natasha.

fillerfillerfillfillerfillerfillersdlerfilelifr 4:00 PM fillerfillerfillerfillerfillerfillderfillerfilr
... trevor callaghan ...
MOOD

his apartment-- on the couch

TAGS

ash Winona Winona

She was kissing back.

It could have been the clarity of his sober head, it could have been the rush in his veins, or it could have been the fact that there was no boundaries behind them, but something about this kiss was different.

She was reciprocating. She was showing him how she felt.

Sober, her lips felt different, in the best way. There was no desperation in them right now; there was no liquor that he could taste on them. He felt as if he could read her emotions through the motions of her mouth against his, and he relished everything that he could feel.

This moment was a moment that he never wanted to end.

He’d just asked her to date him, right? That was what his words had implied— that was what he wanted. That was what he had wanted to say— and she was kissing him back.

So that must have meant that she was saying yes.

She was saying yes. Oh, fuck…fuck! This felt…great.

Was he kissing the lips of his girlfriend right now? Was that what that meant?

Ash…his girlfriend— his girlfriendhis girlfriend— his…girlfriend? He could say it— he could think it— a million times.

There was no way that this was fucking real.

Just this morning, he could only have dreamt of that phrase— and he did dream about that phrase. But tonight, through some bizarre line of events— through some glitch in the matrix, by some misalignment of the stars, through some god accidentally spilling a little bit of self-indulgent happiness onto his fate’s string— he was here. He was living it. She was here, her arms wrapped around his neck, and he was kissing her— and she was kissing him, and it felt fecking heavenly.

This was the girl who he’d spent too many nights tossing and turning in his bed over. This was the girl whose body he imagined any time he touched another’s. This was the girl who made his heart beat in his throat and laughed at his cheesy pick up lines and made him laugh, too. The girl who sent flutters throughout his stomach every time she smiled. The girl who—

The girl who was wayyyy out of his fucking league.

She was hot, she was cute, she was funny, she was nice, she was fun to be around, she had a high tolerance for alcohol, she was just the fucking best. She was the girl who everyone definitely wanted to be, right? She was…

Perfect? Or something like it?

And…here he was kissing her, saying that he wanted to be with her— and here she was kissing back, confirming that she wanted to be, too.

This was a dream— he was living in a dream.

Ash pulled away from him slightly, her arms resting on his shoulders, her face still near his.

He didn’t want this to end. He considered, through labored breathing , snagging her lips in his again— refusing her the option to break this moment. He didn’t know what she was going to say, but he didn’t want this moment to stop, and he didn’t particularly want to hear it.

He wanted to cherish this.

His eyes went to her lips and then trailed back up to her eyes with a quizzical expression.

"I don't want to tell anyone.”

W…

He blinked, and he laughed slightly.

“It's not... it's just... I don't want people involved."

She…didn’t want to tell anyone? About them? As in, she didn’t want anyone to know that they were dating?

Something in his chest pinched. He didn’t blame her— he wouldn’t want to be seen with him, either. His lips pursed, and he shifted back a little bit, his brows knitted.

Surely, he wasn’t hearing her right…right?

"Like things were good with me and Nico, until these girls started telling me that he was cheating, and... whatever they told him. I don't want... I don't want to know people's opinions -- I don't want that affecting how I feel about you, at least like... not right away."

Huh…?

"Like, we can tell people, eventually. After we... figure this... out more. Plus I really don't want to hear Charlie's 'I told you so' and 'you owe me an apology,' and like, if things go bad between us, you know she's going to have something to say, and I just... don't want anyone interjecting."

For a moment, he sat back, watching her face, listening to her speak with his brows knitted and his lips pulled inward.

Suddenly, he didn’t feel so…enthusiastic.

"A secret...," he parroted.

So…

It was too good to be true after all.

Secret relationships only worked in teen shows and Wattpad fanfiction written by barely-pubescent girls.

Shite...

Did she really want to...?

He...

“Ash…?” he asked, his voice quieter than it had been. “Do ya jus'…not want to be with me? If ya don’t…" He gave her a small smile. "I can take it, ya know.”

He braced for the impact, for the actually, maybe not.

Say it, please.

Before I get my hopes up again.

fillerfillerfillfillerfillerfillerlerfilelifr IDK PMfillerfillerfillerfillerfillerfillerfillerfilr
Ash
INTERACTIONS

Trevor

MENTIONS

N/A

TAGS

ditto ditto

No.

Wait.

No.

Frick.

Okay, okay, she could understand how he would come to that conclusion after what she had just asked, but it wasn't... why would she be kissing Trevor if she didn't want to be with him? Why would she have said she liked him if she was just going to take it back? Like, for her, it made logical sense... somewhat logical sense.

She liked him. She wanted to be with him. She just wasn't ready for everyone to know that. Because she could still remember what her friends had said when she had first started dating Nico, and she could remember the rumors that had been spread, and she could remember what had been told to her leading up to their breakup. If they had just... if their relationship had just been between the two of them without outside influences, it would've gone so differently.

Except that if it had gone differently, if the allegations of Nico cheating (she still didn't one hundred percent believe the girls that had told her) hadn't brought their relationship to an explosive end, she wouldn't have been sitting here on this couch with Trevor, so... maybe it was a good thing they'd gotten involved. A good thing that that relationship had come to a volatile end.

But that was beside the point.

Oh no, oh no, oh no.

How did she...

How...

Ash didn't know how to explain this to make Trevor know that it wasn't him. That it wasn't her being embarrassed of him or whatever the worries he had were.

He leaned away from her and Ash pulled her arms back. She leaned away, too, her arms going down to wrap around her stomach. See, she had known that this would happen -- that as soon as she spoke, that as soon as she voiced her fears, her concerns, that things would go wrong. She should've just... not said anything and just let herself be lost in the moment.

"No, Trevor, that's not..." She sighed, her eyes turning towards the ceiling. "I like you, I want to be with you. I promise it's all..." her lips were still parted even as her words haltered, hesitating, "it's all I've... thought about for... for way too long." Like, what, seriously for a week and slightly less seriously for a month or two? It felt way too long, anyway.

Her eyes drifted back down to him, meeting his for a fleeting instant before turning to look down at her lap. "I'm just... it's... I'm scared," she murmured, her voice barely hovering above a whisper. "I just, I don't... I don't want people starting... rumors... or saying you're cheating one me or something, because I'll... I'll start to believe them, and then I'll... we'll fight over... over nothing, and it'll just... it'll just end badly, and I just, I don't, I just don't want that..."

It was a stupid idea, really, pushing for some kind of secret relationship. Ash had had a first hand account of why that didn't work thanks to Eli and Charlie, but...

The fear of a repeat of the whole Nico situation was stronger than the logical side of her brain telling her that it was a dumb idea.

"I get it, though, if you don't want to. It's... a lot to ask -- I know."

MOOD: vulnerable

OUTFIT: no jacket

basics
MENTIONS: N/A

INT: geminiy geminiy (eli)
tags
TL;DR jan is anxious about opening up to eli
tl;dr
january
dance with me in my backyard boy
everything was muted. from sounds to smells to sensations to even the colors of the fair, everything was muted to jan as she allowed her trigger to set in and fully effect her.

you have to ignore it. get over it. move on

without realizing it, she had found herself clinging to eli's jacket, he gave it to her just moments ago because she was shivering and she could barely handle the burst of butterflies that filled her stomach. she had given him a warm smile and secretly sniffed the scent of his cologne and loved it. so many emotions jan knew she was capable of feeling because she felt them just a few moments ago were now gone. she didn't feel cold from the wind, nor comforted by eli's jacket. she didn't feel excited to be here with this boy nor anxious by his presence. everything was muted.

"hey hey hey it's okay, what's going on?" eli's hands went to her shoulders and she flinched. hard. there was no way he didn't notice that, and jan wanted to run away right there. but she couldn't. after she flinched, her eyes shot up to eli's, hoping that he didn't see the terror in her eyes. without a second thought she plastered on a smile, one that she had so easily done so many times before.

"awh, you're that worried about me? don't you know that people zone out? it's a whole thing!" lies. she hated how she lied to him and she hated how well she lied even more so. but this was routine after a while. she couldn't let anyone know what was wrong with her, she didn't need that circulating around. and in all honesty, jan did have a tendency to zone out at the most random times, just zone in and out of focus of reality. but that's not what this was, which is why she hated herself for lying. especially to eli.

i have to act like everything's okay. i have to act the part. she still felt frozen, all her senses slowly but surely coming back to her. she casually leaned her elbow on the table in front of her, leaning closer to elias as her head landed in her hand. he asked me about my past, right? i think so. let's hope so because i'm about to just go for it.

ah yes, jan's number one defensive mechanism; rambling.

"anyways, i'm gonna apologize for the mix-up real quick, i told you on the first day of school that i'm from arizona and then on twitter i said i was from new york. technically both are true! i was born and raised in new york until right before high school, me and my mom came out to arizona, which is where i attended high school before i came here to HA."

jan had been looking out to the fair, not being the best with eye contact as she spoke, but she couldn't help herself. she cocked her head up so that she looked at eli, seeing if he was really paying attention; but more importantly to see if he was moving past her flinching like she was hoping. after a small pause she continued with her story.

"but yea, i've had one boyfriend in my life, back in arizona. he was the jock, the star of the football team in high school. even as a freshman, he made it on the varsity team. and he was smart too, we met in our classes because we both took all these ap and honor classes together. we had the same schedule for the two years i went there." she really hoped she wasn't going to scare eli off with this. but she wanted to tell him, she wanted to open with the things she could handle being open about. jan had a habit of over sharing due to her thinking that was how you make friends. in this instance, she was looking back on her history and realizing it wasn't the best method of making friends. she did her best to shove those thoughts out of her mind.

if he wanted to be with me, he won't mind.

oh shut up jan, we already know he doesn't like you. he's said it like a gazillion times

don't be dramatic. he's also said how he just got out of a relationship pretty recently, so did you. if he didn't show some kind of interest in you would he care so much that you showed up here? would he give you his jacket? would he be calling you "sweetheart" over dms?

oh please, everyone knows eli's an incredibly nice guy. what if this is just what he does? this is how he's nice and shows his kindness to everyone. just because someone is nice to you doesn't mean they like you.

she was at war with herself. she couldn't stop bickering in her own head until her head fell back down, pulling her gaze away from elias as she continued her story.

"he officially asked me to be his girlfriend at our winter formal. it was sudden and random but it was really sweet and we dated for two years. we went to every dance together, every pep rally, we were together, i even wore his letterman jacket to each and every one of his games, even the away ones!" she found herself laughing, remembering what it was like to know everyone at school. remembering all her friends she made and how everyone rooted for january and gentry. everyone was convinced they would be homecoming king and queen, even prom king and queen. they were that couple even as freshmen and sophomores.

the next bit was the kicker.

it's okay, he already knows that your first choice was music,

because you weren't thinking when you spoke and you just blurted it out to him

but he already knows and that's what matters. it'll be okay.

will it?

"then i head about HA. most of my friends knew i had a thing for music and i was that choir girl. everyone always told me i was so good and it was gentry who pushed me to apply. he believed i would get in." she leaned back in her chair, getting some distance between her and eli for the next part. she found herself wrapping his jacket even tighter around herself, trying to imitate a hug or some kind of pressure to help her shake of the rest of her panic attack from earlier. she just had to push through. "the day HA sent me my acceptance or rejection letter, i let gentry know. we were going to open it together and we were going to go out and celebrate. when we met up, he couldn't contain his own excitement. he had told me he had been in contact with some scouts of his dream school, and that even though he was a sophomore, they would be waiting to sign him once he became a senior."

jan took another breath, trying to continue to simply push through the whole story. she didn't think about how she was rambling or how she was talking about her ex boyfriend or how she was talking about her ex boyfriend to the guy she wanted to be her new boyfriend or how she was about to expose one of her biggest insecurities ever to a guy she hadn't even known for a month, but she just kept going.

"when we got to my letter, it said i wasn't accepted into the music department, and it crushed me. i auditioned with a song i wrote and produced from scratch. it was 100% me and i guess that just wasn't...good enough. gentry acted okay. we still went out and we still celebrated his victory, because he deserved to be excited. i mean he was a sophomore, already being promised a spot in his dream university! that was pretty amazing. but then that night came and left and i woke up to this long ass text from gentry. he basically talked about how he couldn't be with someone who didn't have the same drive or passion or skill for their work like he did. he said it wouldn't look good for him to be dating a reject, so he broke up with me. at the end of the text he told me he needed his letterman back because he had an away game and it was going to be cold." jan knew the text well. she almost had it memorized. when she said it was a long ass text, it was a long ass text. almost a damn novel point out each and every one of her short comings and insecurities. she glanced at her phone that laid on the table, knowing that she still hadn't deleted it. if anyone asked she didn't know how to answer, she just could never bring herself to delete it.

you know why you haven't deleted it. for moments like this, when you think you have a chance at something good.

shut up jan.

for moment like this when you need to remember you're nothing out of the ordinary

shut up jan.

for moment like this when you think you have any shred of talent or skill, you're be drawn back to that text to remember that you'll never be good enough for anything.

jan did her best to push her anxiety and doubt aside, but it was still rearing it's ugly head, still not gone from her little episode.

"so he sent a mutual friend to find me in the halls one day and get the letterman from him and i think that pushed me over the edge. i mean, he couldn't even break up with me in person, he let me go to sleep that night thinking all was well and then wake up to a text? i was livid. i knew i had to stick it to him somehow. so i scrapped up whatever brain power i had left and i just so happened to through together a good enough photography portfolio and somehow HA thought that was good enough to let into their visuals program. i never told him. i actually left the middle of that year, and once they started junior year i just wasn't there. haven't heard from him or any of my so called "friends" since."

there, you did it.

that was it, good job jan.

oh please, good job for talking about your past? what kind of a baby need a compliment for that?

shut up jan.

jan found herself looking back up to eli. God he was beautiful. she hated thinking so much about his looks but she just couldn't help it. his looks with his incredibly sweet personality? it was so different to how she and gentry were. yes, gentry was sweet, but not like eli. gentry was sweet in a way where you knew it was all for the appearances. if he bumped into you in a crowded hall, of course he would apologize and make a big ordeal about saying sorry and feeling bad, but if you bumped into him in an empty hallway in between classes, he wouldn't even turn back to look at you. the kindness that gentry had was fake, and now that january saw someone who carried genuine kindness in their heart like eli, she could see it.

it was in the way he put his arm around her shoulder as they walked to the table. it was in the way that he walked her to her first class and sat and talked with her for a while. it was in the way that he offered to help her with her showcase idea, even though she had never been in a showcase. it was in the way that he wrapped his jacket around her, making sure she was warm without waiting for confirmation that she needed a jacket. it was in the way he tried to comfort her in the middle of her panic attack, even if he had no idea that's what was going on.

january knew that gentry was bad for her, looking back on all their experiences that they shared and thinking about the parts that she didn't tell to eli, she was relieved to get rid of someone like him. but he still helped tear her down. instead of being a good boyfriend and comforting her when she got rejected, he added to it; he continued to crush her and tell her she wasn't good enough and remind her that no matter what she did, even when she tried her best, it would never be enough.

jan realized how long she had been talking, at least she felt like she had been talking for a long time. she had to say something else, january could do silence but not awkward silence, not when she had just halfway poured her heart out about her first and only boyfriend that broke her heart, she had to say something else.

ah yes, jan's number two defensive mechanism; humor

"and if you want to just take your jacket and walk away from this table you can go right on ahead," she made her voice to sound like an announcer of sorts, trying to add to the humor. "here, i'll even close my eyes so i don't know when you leave, no hard feelings, promise." she closed her eyes and put her hands over them, forcing a smile in hopes that it was enough.
code by valen t.

Last edited:

fillerfillerfillfillerfillerfillerlerflelifr 4:00 PM fillerfillerfillerfillerfillerfilrfillerfilr
... lindsay kay ...
MOOD

; D

fairgrounds

TAGS

charlie geminiy geminiy

Lin laughed happily. “Course I’m confident that I’m gonna win— ‘cuz I am gonna win. Duhhhhh.” He poked his tongue out at her with a laugh. “Just ‘cuz you’re cute and shit doesn’t mean anything— ‘cuz I’m cute and shit, too. I mean, look at me, Charlie— I’m cute as a baby’s butt, ya know.” He gestured to his torso with his free hand. “Minus all of the diarrhea! Don’t ya wanna start calling me Terminator already?” He gave her an enthusiastic wink and puckered up his lips exaggeratedly. “I’m a diamond, Charles— a fucking diamond. I can withstand six million atmospheres of pressure— your cuteness hasn’t got anything on that.” He sniffed in mock-indignation.

Lin huffed and crossed his arm as Charlie let go of his hand to pay. “IIIIIII was paying,” he whined to himself. “Wah…”

He followed her into the line, arms still crossed but mock-whininess falling off, and he met her smirk with a crooked grin. As he listened to the story, he laughed along whenever he felt like it, moving along through the line as the number of people in front of them dwindled down person by person. Some little kid with a lollipop stuck to his hair was sobbing as his dad tried to yank it out in one of the cups, and Lin continued to listen as he snickered at the scene.

When Charlie’s story ended, Lin gave her another laugh. “Bro, Charlie, you want me to coat you in puke? Luhmao, would that charm you? I’d be fucking charmed— luhmao, I’d be chucking charmed, luhmaaaao.” He laughed at his own joke. “I have story, too. Ricky took me to an amusement park back when I was a little kid ‘cuz he thought that he could buy my affection, yeah?” He didn’t like to call him Dad or anything because that felt awkward, so he opted for Ricky this time. “Bastard has the personality of a wet, maggot-infested cracker, luhmaoooo. He brought his girlfriend with him— luhmao, she was fucking nineteen, I think— dickhead has a problem, luhmao. Took me on the teacups after giving me two cotton candy cones and giving the red-headed girlfriend thingy. I was five so I couldn’t really spin it— luhmao, and the whole fucking time, Ricky and the girl were just making out, and so I started crying and—“ He burst out laughing. “— and so the girl just shoved her free hand over my mouth and— ha!— and so I bit it and she started to flip out that I had rabies or something.” He laughed. “Swear to God. It was wild, luhmao.” He sighed softly after the memory, rolling his eyes. “I got something to prove on this ride, I guess— if I don’t make you screech that I have rabies, then I’ve failed five-year-old Morgie.”

The gate opened for them to go in, and Lin laughed. “Your pick, King Charles. Be sure to pick one you think can withstand the trip to Mars, ‘cuz I’mma send it aaaaaall the way up there.” He grinned. “Hope you ate enough corndogs to sustain you the whole ride, Car-low-tee-tee.”

He laughed when she picked the blue one. “Howellin in the Big Blue Cup, luhmao.” He shove himself in across form her, placing his hands on the outside of the wheel. “Luhmao, you’re gonna be the one to puke— the wheel’s gonna get a taste of that special, Charlie brand stomach acid, luhmao. Broooo, do you think that some of your stans would buy a bottle of your bile? Two distinct flavors for all occasions, luhmaoooooo.” He gave the wheel a solid pat. “You get the first try, Wheely. Tell me how it tastes,” he laughed.

He had a weird sense of humor. He knew that, luhmao.

When the teacups came to life, Lin grinned at Charlie before setting his eyes on the wheel, grabbing it with both hands, and tugging as hard as he could. He seemed to be an expert at this— his hands overlapped one another like there was some particular method to it. He was laughing so hard that he could hardly breathe. The air moving around him didn’t make his breathing any easier. His hair whipped all about, the hairspray failing to keep it in place. The world around him spun, and he felt like he was sticking to a wall. He couldn’t feel anything besides his hands on the wheel.

Teacups were the fucking best

This date was the fucking best.

When the ride slowed down, Lin was still laughing. The world twirled around him, wobbling back and forth and cutting between being turned this way and that each time he blinked. He was wide-eyed and breathless, and his arms were a bit sore from pulling too hard. When he stood, he stumbled a little bit, and Charlie clung to his side. He grinned over at her and held onto the railing as they descended the stairs.

“Fucking best!” he agreed, his words sounding a bit funny because his world was still spinning. “Hell yeah— beverages! Oui effing oui, Char-effing-lee!”

Stumbling a bit as his world faded back into stationary-ness, Lin grinned to himself as he followed Charlie to a food vendor and let her get them some slushies. As much as he didn’t want her to pay, he did want a fucking slushie. Red, of course— red was the best flavor.

Charlie seated herself cross-legged, and Lin dropped onto his front, laying his stomach against the ground with his elbows folded beside him so that he could hold his cup up to his mouth. He sat Vergil by his side. He guzzled down half of his drink through his straw before he pulled it away with a satisfied “ah!”. “Fucking top tier,” he muttered, grinning at it, and then he looked at Charlie.

“So, I have a question.”

Lin looked up at her, a brow cocked as he grinned. “Eh? Shoot.”

“Would you rather have your date puke all over you or would you rather kiss her and find out she has mono? This question is purely hypothetical as I am not going to puke nor do I have mono, but I truly am curious.”

He laughed loudly, grimacing. “Luhmao, obviously puke, duh. Being covered in acid is never the bad option— plus, ya know, ya might find something in there you wanna try,” he laughed, and then he grimaced at his own joke. “Luhmao, forget I said that!” He covered his face, laughing so hard that he bounced against the ground.

After a solid half minute of laughing, he calmed down, panting and sighing. “Luhmao…nah, but mono? Mononucleosis? I’d pick anything over mono, blech. Spit is gross, luhmao…it comes from making out and spit, bleghhhh…” He stuck out his tongue, his face curling up. He paused a moment to laugh, and then he cocked his head at Charlie. “Luhmaooo, how does your spit taste, Charlie? Asking for a friend— and don’t say it tastes like mono. ‘Cuz mine right now tastes like…” He tapped his tongue against the roof of his mouth. “Red slushie, luhmao.”

He took another long drink from his straw, taking out another good chunk of his drink. “What about you, Charlie? Would you rather wear a dress of vomit or have a very cultured mouth, luhmao?”

Last edited:
bend over backwards

Rome was watching Callum as Oates spoke, his wariness clear on his face. “Awkward,” he agreed with a hum and a nod, contributing absolutely nothing to the conversation, as per usual. He snorted and waved a hand dismissively as Oates mentioned Callum making a friend. “Is just Jace. Don’t worry. He harmless,” he shrugged. However, his moment of relaxation was cut short as Calum started walking over, Rome’s entire body going rigid. He leaned over to Oates and, before Calllum reached them, he whispered, “Don’t let him trick.

He crossed his arms and jutted his chin out as Callum came to a stop in front of them, attempting to look a lot more intimidating than he actually felt... or was. He narrowed his eyes at Callum, not even bothering to nod back at the other boy’s awkward attempt at a greeting. Before Oates could respond to Callum’s offers, Rome jumped in with a harsh. “No.

He took a step closer to his friend and dropped his hands from over his chest so he could gesture between them. “We are have plans, actually. Eat candy cotton, play... um... fair game,” even if he got mixed up in the middle, he ended confidently. “Is evening for us. As friend. So...” He sent a pointed look in the direction Callum had just come from, indicating that he should leave them.
romir
MOOD: this bitch

OUTFIT: a hot fit

INTERACTIONS: mogy mogy hery hery

code by valen t.

AFFLUENZA

No, but, the point isn’t that she has an STD now. It’s that he never said anything to her. Honesty is the best policy, Javi,” Chase pointed out, with a mock-serious expression as if his made-up and almost certainly untrue story about the couple was an actual reality. Maybe he was getting a bit carried away, since Javi had never seen him as anything other than... kind of unnecessarily angry or aggressive. But he was enjoying himself, and Javi seemed to be enjoying himself, so why rein it in?

A wave of self-consciousness did hit him just before Javi attempted to act as well, wondering if maybe he’d just completely ruined this date-like non-date. But then Javi actually tried, and yeah, it was kind of really weird, but fuck if Chase didn’t almost swoon right there. Instead he beamed at the other boy, laughing excitedly, and reached to clutch Javi’s arm, then felt like an idiot and let it go, but still held his hand. “Perfect! You’re a natural,” he teased.

He cleared his throat and turned back to look at the couple, putting on his ‘voice’ again, which was really just his own voice. “I go to the salons to look good for you, jackass. And you never even say anything!” The couple, annoyingly, seemed to end their fight on a bitter note then, with the woman storming off. Chase shrugged and turned back to his date. “They’ll meet up again later and have angry sex, and then they’ll be together forever. The End.
Chase
MOOD: what is,,, feelings

OUTFIT: x

INTERACTIONS: hery hery

code by valen t.

MOOD: desperato

OUTFIT: clothes

basics
MENTIONS:
too much work

INT:
mogy mogy (Oates)
LowkeyLovingLoki LowkeyLovingLoki (Rome)
tags
TL;DR no
tl;dr
Callum Richards
Callum turned his nose up at Rome, his face jerking to shoot an icy glower down to the interjecting boy. If looks could kill, Rome would have been on the ground the moment Cal caught sight of him. Along with about three quarters of the people he'd ever laid eyes upon. His immediately dismissive tone pressed at Cal's nerves, sparking a twitch in his right eye. That was his tell; often, Oates would recant his words the moment he'd take notice of Callum's twitching irritation. But Rome was the offender and he was far, far from redemption and didn't seem to be taking anything back any time soon. This little queen is trying to really come for me today... God, Callum hated himself for just thinking those words.

And, as if Rome didn't already have a death wish, he sent Cal off in the most brusque manner possible. The tired-eyed boy towered over him, twisting his face and warning Rome not to dig himself even deeper down the hole he'd put himself in, as if he hadn't already tunneled to China and back by now. You're so damn lucky Oat's here. It hurt a little to witness Oates falter, the indecision in his head glaringly obvious to the two of them. Was he nervous, perhaps, or afraid of what Callum would say? It pierced his heart knowing he could be interpreted as some sort of aggressor, diminishing the two years they'd spent together.

"I'm your friend, aren't I?" he tried, turning and very specifically asking Oates with a finger held up in the air in front of Rome, signifying he should let Callum's boyfriend... uh, ex-boyfriend, do the talking on this one. "Oat," the dark-haired senior pressed, his voice tinged with desperation, as if the answer was the most obvious thing in the world. He was practically pleading for Oates to give him the answer he wanted, the bit of reassurance he'd been futilely seeking out all week.
"I could play your games too."
code by valen t.

if it wasn't clear by now... i like podcasts
In the short period it took Callum to get from the table he was sitting at to the two boys, Oates went through all the stages of grief, got a flashback of all the happy moments he had spent with Callum (it evened out to two whole moments which was only on a good day), got a postcard from his penpal in China, and even ate a whole burrito. Okay, well, maybe not the last two, but the point was, no matter how slow of a walker Callum was, time always slowed down when we dreaded something, and facing Callum after hurting him so much was something Oates dreaded.

Was he gonna come over there and start crying?

- Well, no, that's not Callum.

Was he gonna guilt-trip Oates into feeling horrible and awful about breaking up with him?

- Well, Oates already did that, so probably not.

Was he just gonna stand there with his hands in his pockets and relish in the awkward anticipating silence between the three?

- Apparently so, because that was precisely what he was doing, with a signature frown on his face.

You know that one scene from Harry Potter when Voldemort appears, and it is almost as though all happiness in the world had disappeared, leaving dread to roam the lands? That was exactly how this interaction felt, to an uncanny resemblance.

And then Callum spoke.

It was as though a new layer of sadness and guilt shredded by nostalgia coated over Oates. Hearing the boy's voice brought him right back to the moment he decided to leave that darn hallway, and Callum called out for him, or well, how badly Oat wanted to have heard Callum call out his name and make everything okay—make this awkward situation an unexisting one. An instant lump formed in Oat's throat, and he couldn't even say hi, but luckily Callum continued without much expectation for Oates to say hello back.

Forcibly swallowing the lump, Oates was preparing to speak, but what would he have said? Rome literally told him not to fall for Callum's lies, and Oates knew he probably shouldn't have, but he always had a weak spot for Callum, especially if Callum was suffering because of him.

And then Rome spoke.

The Russian boy hadn't said a single lie even though it wasn't technically grammatically correct. The two were out there having fun as friends and doing all the jolly things friends did at the fair—eating cotton candy or caramel apples, playing all kinds of games, and just making jokes about the dumb things they saw (like a trash can that looked like a giraffe). Telling or motioning for Callum to go back to where he came from was mean, and Oates hated that he understood how Rome was right about doing so. But he was the one who did the breaking up, and he owed Callum an explanation, and if not that, at least a fun night at the fair.

Now all of this escalation of the situation was getting out of hand, and before Oates knew it, Callum was turned towards him, asking him a question which basically meant 'Hey, choose one of us, and you will hurt somebody no matter what, but merry Christmas, I guess.'.

"Uh... I guess we are technically friends." Oates said slowly, carefully picking out every word he said, completely unsure of what he was saying. He could feel his friend's disappointment as if it was a ray of sun falling onto his skin, but like a bad ray of sun filled with frustration and tennis balls of needles. Taking Rome's hand he wanted to tell him that he was sorry for changing their friend night to a boyfriend drama night even though he claimed it wasn't going to be, but maybe the message wasn't exactly interpreted like that by Rome.
oates
MOOD: forever happy, unless callum

INTERACTIONS: rome, callum

MENTIONS:

TAGS: LowkeyLovingLoki LowkeyLovingLoki , hery hery , Winona Winona

TL;DR: lets be basic and say no
code by valen t.

kordei

MOOD: panic, panic, panic
OUTFIT: xoxo
TAGS: open, amy Kitsune2202 Kitsune2202 , evie jasmyn jasmyn , gen geminiy geminiy , nate Winona Winona , ellie toucant toucant , kane Kio.exe Kio.exe

It should have worked. It should have. And yet Amy, just like Gen had the other day, found reason to throw Dei’s apology back into his face. They acted like this was easy for him. Like stooping down to their level was easy for him. Kordei’s grin soured, and his teeth clamped down tight over the plastic straw. His eyes thinned down onto Amy as she basically recounted the very sin he was apologizing for-- wasn’t that the whole point of an apology?

Let it simmer, say sorry, and fucking. Get. Over it.

But Amy wouldn’t let things slide as simply as Kordei wished. Dei shouldn’t have sat there and listened to this. He shouldn’t have been forced to sit uncomfortably in a place he’d never wanted to come to in the first place. Yet, something about the cracks in Amy’s voice; The lone tear sinking down the side of her cheek; That teary quiver in her throat. It felt like an anvil weighing down onto Kordei’s chest, and for the first time since sleeping with Evie, he’d finally realized just how much--

--Just how much he’d hurt her.

Not because of how Evelyn jumped from him to Nathan. Not because of how Genevieve had shoved him into the locker. Not because he wished he’d have beat up Nate all those days ago. He realized it because in spite of what he’d done to her, Amy couldn’t even bring herself to hurt him back.

To fuck any of his enemies. Or trash his music. Or diss his appearance. Or any of the million other things he expected from his enemies. Kordei hadn’t thought about Amy because she didn’t see the same black and white world as him. She didn’t have the same enemy, and ally outlook on things that he did. He didn't become an enemy to Amy, he was simply just the man who'd hurt her.

She only wanted his respect, and he’d thrown that away the night he attacked her on Twitter.

"I am good enough you know. I am a damn good person, and I think I was a pretty fucking awesome girlfriend. So fuck you for that."

Kordei wanted to say it. For the first time in his life, he was actively trying to will himself and say it. “I’m sorry.” And yet for whatever reason, his vocal cords had a range of 5 octaves, but couldn’t mutter out a true apology.

Kordei sat frozen in the booth as the footsteps of Amy’s exit echoed inside of his skull. Like his voice, his body was frozen still, jaw clenched down in an internal fury.

For the first time in way too fucking long… Kordei Grant had realized that he was wrong. Wrong to abuse the sweetness of a girl like Amy, or blame Evie for picking the caring option when he couldn’t even communicate his feelings for her. He’d done wrong by two of the most important women in his life, and now he sat there, cold, alone, and with nothing.

A long sigh escaped the lips of Kordei, and a vibration in his pockets followed soon after.

Dei fought Kane?

How could he?

Press charges!

Kordei you fought Dei?

Who won?

His solemn expression shifted into a scowl at the Twitter messages, his grip cracking down onto his phone as it only added to his anger. Kordei spotted the brief notification of an Ellie message-- that was when he knew he needed to get out. He couldn’t face Ellie, not now, and certainly not about a fight with Kane.

The diner door closed violently behind him. He’d left his milkshake half drank, with a clean $100 tip beside his cash payment. His breathing was heavy, and irregular in spite of now being exposed to fresh air. The beating of his heart skipped, and jumped out of his chest, before the world suddenly came crashing around him.

What the fuck is going on..?

code by low fidelity.

It should have worked. It should have. And yet Amy, just like Gen had the other day, found reason to throw Dei’s apology back into his face. They acted like this was easy for him. Like stooping down to their level was easy for him. Kordei’s grin soured, and his teeth clamped down tight over the plastic straw. His eyes thinned down onto Amy as she basically recounted the very sin he was apologizing for-- wasn’t that the whole point of an apology?

Let it simmer, say sorry, and fucking. Get. Over it.

But Amy wouldn’t let things slide as simply as Kordei wished. Dei shouldn’t have sat there and listened to this. He shouldn’t have been forced to sit uncomfortably in a place he’d never wanted to come to in the first place. Yet, something about the cracks in Amy’s voice; The lone tear sinking down the side of her cheek; That teary quiver in her throat. It felt like an anvil weighing down onto Kordei’s chest, and for the first time since sleeping with Evie, he’d finally realized just how much--

--Just how much he’d hurt her.

Not because of how Evelyn jumped from him to Nathan. Not because of how Genevieve had shoved him into the locker. Not because he wished he’d have beat up Nate all those days ago. He realized it because in spite of what he’d done to her, Amy couldn’t even bring herself to hurt him back.

To fuck any of his enemies. Or trash his music. Or diss his appearance. Or any of the million other things he expected from his enemies. Kordei hadn’t thought about Amy because she didn’t see the same black and white world as him. She didn’t have the same enemy, and ally outlook on things that he did. He didn't become an enemy to Amy, he was simply just the man who'd hurt her.

She only wanted his respect, and he’d thrown that away the night he attacked her on Twitter.

"I am good enough you know. I am a damn good person, and I think I was a pretty fucking awesome girlfriend. So fuck you for that."

Kordei wanted to say it. For the first time in his life, he was actively trying to will himself and say it. “I’m sorry.” And yet for whatever reason, his vocal cords had a range of 5 octaves, but couldn’t mutter out a true apology.

Kordei sat frozen in the booth as the footsteps of Amy’s exit echoed inside of his skull. Like his voice, his body was frozen still, jaw clenched down in an internal fury.

For the first time in way too fucking long… Kordei Grant had realized that he was wrong. Wrong to abuse the sweetness of a girl like Amy, or blame Evie for picking the caring option when he couldn’t even communicate his feelings for her. He’d done wrong by two of the most important women in his life, and now he sat there, cold, alone, and with nothing.

A long sigh escaped the lips of Kordei, and a vibration in his pockets followed soon after.

Dei fought Kane?

How could he?

Press charges!

Kordei you fought Dei?

Who won?

His solemn expression shifted into a scowl at the Twitter messages, his grip cracking down onto his phone as it only added to his anger. Kordei spotted the brief notification of an Ellie message-- that was when he knew he needed to get out. He couldn’t face Ellie, not now, and certainly not about a fight with Kane.

The diner door closed violently behind him. He’d left his milkshake half drank, with a clean $100 tip beside his cash payment. His breathing was heavy, and irregular in spite of now being exposed to fresh air. The beating of his heart skipped, and jumped out of his chest, before the world suddenly came crashing around him.

What the fuck is going on..?

jordan

MOOD: nervous but excited.
OUTFIT: xoxo
TAGS: juliette Soap Soap , ava Winona Winona
Jordan smiled at Jules tripping up on her words. She never did that-- except when she was around him of course. The bold, and might Juliette Jameson couldn't think straight when he was there. It was a sign, really. She made him feel things that he'd never experienced before too. Even when they argued, Jordan couldn't quite get Jules' angel smile out of his head. He'd suppressed it too much, and he saw no real benefit in holding back from what he felt.

"Kai ditched me-" Jordan almost spat, but he didn't need Julie thinking she was his plan b for the fair. If anything, Kai's absence had only allowed been a matter of fate. He didn't just coincidentally stumble upon the kid Jules and Ava had wronged earlier. There was an omnipotent, big, white-bearded dude up in the sky pulling glowing yellow strings to get Jordan with Jules, and he sure as hell wasn't going to let him down when the pieces were now so perfectly in place.

"Change of plans. I'm hanging out with my absolute fav." Jordan smiled down at Juliette, and revealed a set of pearly white teeth when she'd accepted the stuffed unicorn.

Unlike the previous thousand times Juliette had asked the question, Jordan's smile didn't falter when asked if he'd changed his mind. He knew what she meant, and he knew, that she knew, that he knew. "Would I have called you my absolute fav if I didn't? That unicorn took some time to win, and I just gifted it to you. Says a lot, don't it?" Jordan feigned a questioning look, and glared playfully at Juliette through the corner of his eyes.

"I do change my mind, JJ. I put you on hold for way too long, and I ain't even think about how that must've made you feel."

Jordan stopped walking backwards with that. He stepped closer to Juliette, snaking one free hand over her shoulder, and the other in his pocket as he walked down the fairgrounds, positioned between her, and Ava. "I want to be your Romeo, Jules. S'long as neither of us has to die in act 5, aye?" Jordan joked his he leaned his head over by Juliette's.

"Ava, you gotta back me on this. You've been shipping us since like forever. We meant to be, aren't we?"

code by low fidelity.

Jordan smiled at Jules tripping up on her words. She never did that-- except when she was around him of course. The bold, and might Juliette Jameson couldn't think straight when he was there. It was a sign, really. She made him feel things that he'd never experienced before too. Even when they argued, Jordan couldn't quite get Jules' angel smile out of his head. He'd suppressed it too much, and he saw no real benefit in holding back from what he felt.

"Kai ditched me-" Jordan almost spat, but he didn't need Julie thinking she was his plan b for the fair. If anything, Kai's absence had only allowed been a matter of fate. He didn't just coincidentally stumble upon the kid Jules and Ava had wronged earlier. There was an omnipotent, big, white-bearded dude up in the sky pulling glowing yellow strings to get Jordan with Jules, and he sure as hell wasn't going to let him down when the pieces were now so perfectly in place.

"Change of plans. I'm hanging out with my absolute fav." Jordan smiled down at Juliette, and revealed a set of pearly white teeth when she'd accepted the stuffed unicorn.

Unlike the previous thousand times Juliette had asked the question, Jordan's smile didn't falter when asked if he'd changed his mind. He knew what she meant, and he knew, that she knew, that he knew. "Would I have called you my absolute fav if I didn't? That unicorn took some time to win, and I just gifted it to you. Says a lot, don't it?" Jordan feigned a questioning look, and glared playfully at Juliette through the corner of his eyes.

"I do change my mind, JJ. I put you on hold for way too long, and I ain't even think about how that must've made you feel."

Jordan stopped walking backwards with that. He stepped closer to Juliette, snaking one free hand over her shoulder, and the other in his pocket as he walked down the fairgrounds, positioned between her, and Ava. "I want to be your Romeo, Jules. S'long as neither of us has to die in act 5, aye?" Jordan joked his he leaned his head over by Juliette's.

"Ava, you gotta back me on this. You've been shipping us since like forever. We meant to be, aren't we?

Genevieve Johannes
Genevieve’s eyes must have been deceiving her. There was no way that anyone would be stupid enough to not get the hint that they were not welcome. After a terrible week, the last thing Gen wanted was to have to absolutely wreck this dumbass because he couldn’t take a goddamn hint. It was truly a disappointment. Gen had tried being nice, had tried ignoring his pitiful presence. Yet there he was, still standing there like a lost child begging for help.

“Petulant, you say?” Genevieve laughed, her voice velvety and soft. Her dark gaze was still on Minnie, a gentle smile still on her lips. “Dear Saint, begging for attention from people who clearly do not give a singular shit about you is far more petulant than my obvious kindness.”

Finally, Gen’s eyes dropped from Minnie’s face as she turned around to face Saint who, by the stupid look on his face and his bracing on the table, was obviously bothered by her. How flattering. Unfortunately, if Saint was still standing there causing problems, Gen hadn’t gotten under his skin enough. Abandoning Minnie’s side, Gen stepped up onto the picnic table’s bench, carefully sitting down on the table top. Crossing one long leg over the other, Gen clasped her hands together in her lap and looked over to Saint, her smile still on her glossed lips.

“I will stop trying to shoo you away because clearly your drug-fried brain can’t take the hint that you are not welcome.” Gen spoke sweetly, her voice calm and level. She wasn’t going to show any more anger, she wasn’t going to react. Instead, she was simply going to be calm and collected. “I am fully committing to the fact that you are not welcome. I am also fully committing to the fact that you are nothing more than a measly maggot who thinks I have anything to owe to you or your scummy ‘friend’, Kordei. And no, I don’t enjoy being a raging bitch or saying anything cruel, believe it or not, but when little dickwads like yourself can’t get the message, I am truly afraid that I have no choice. Clearly being nice doesn’t get into your lackluster brain so what other choice am I left with? And no, don’t bother saying ‘well, Gen, you should just apologize’ because I did nothing wrong. Therefore, I will not apologize.”

Gen fell quiet again as Saint spoke, carefully reaching into the bag slung off her shoulder and pulling out a compact and a container of her lip gloss. Flipping open the compact, Gen twisted the applicator out of the tube and carefully began applying the rosie substance to her lips, not missing the outer corners or her defined cupid’s bow. She listened to every word that Saint was saying, though it wasn’t possible to care any less about his ‘idea’ that she needed to apologize.

It was then Minnie’s turn to talk, taking Saint’s words and telling him exactly where to shove them. Gen wanted to take Minnie up on her offer to leave but there was no way in hell that Gen was going to be the one to walk away. On top of everything, Gen was fairly certain the little worm was going to follow them if they left. With a sigh, Gen popped her newly glossed lips and screwed the cap back onto her lip gloss, stowing everything away in her bag before closing her bag with a hefty zip. Gen turned to Saint, her face and posture relaxed.

“Look, clearly we aren’t getting anywhere. I am never going to apologize for reaming out someone who cheated. If you think cheating is okay, then I truly feel sorry for you as there must have been something that supported that idea in your mind. You are not going to change my mind and I am not going to change yours.” Gen explained, each word crisp and clear so that her meaning could not be confused. “You paid entry to get into this fair, as did I, and I would much prefer not to waste my money on hashing out a pointless argument. I’m certain you don’t want your money to go to waste either. So please, drop the tough guy act and leave this whole ‘argument’ alone because no stoner freak who thinks cheating on an innocent woman is okay is ever going to change my mind.”

Gen turned back to Minnie, hopping down off the table. Grabbing her hand, Gen turned to Saint and gave him a wave with her fingers.

“So long, Saint. I do hope we meet again under better circumsta….” Gen cut herself off, a brilliant smirk on her lips. Over Saint’s shoulder, Gen spotted the very topic of their conversation. Releasing Minnie’s hand with a reassuring squeeze.

“Ah, there is the man of the hour. Kordei Grant, how are you today? I do hope you’re enjoying the fall air, the festival always lifts spirits. When you get a chance, you should try the apple cider, it truly is delicious this year.” Gen greeted, walking up to Kordei with her hands in the pocket of her jacket. “In fact, I was enjoying a cup when your little servant here came up to me and demanded an ‘apology’ for our little conversation the other day. Are you so worried that you send a mindless buffoon after me to solve your problems? Come on, Kordei, I thought you were better than that! But, you’re here now. So please allow me to say that, as much as I enjoy lovely conversations with your mutt here, please call him off. I would hate to catch fleas from the little bitch. And the next time you have a problem, come talk to me yourself. I don’t hash my issues out with little nobodies if their masters can’t even approach my themselves.”

the fair

mood

'this bitch ain't serious'

outfit

bad bitch contest, she's in first place

tags

saint ditto ditto
minnie sunshineysoul sunshineysoul
kordei fin fin
coded by natasha.

fillerfillerfillfillerfillerfillerlerfilelifr 4:00 PM fillerfillerfillerfillerfillerfillerfillerfilr
... saint taylor ...
MOOD

even more done than before.

fairgrounds; inside the gate

TAGS

gen geminiy geminiy minnie sunshineysoul sunshineysoul dei fin fin

They were still talking.

With a soft sigh through his nose, Saint leaned his weight back on his feet, moving his tongue about his mouth in irritation. What did he have to do to get this through their empty, perfume-high heads? He wasn’t backing down. He wasn’t afraid of them. He was right. That was all that there was to it.

This conversation was dead and over with since he started it. It seemed as if nothing he said could perforate their thick skulls, and now, he wondered why he had even tried— though the answer came to him easily. He was doing this in defense of Kordei, because he couldn’t allow himself to lay idly by after hearing that his name had been slandered the way that it had been. What they were ragging him for, no one should have to be abashed of. That was his fucking point; Dei deserved an apology, end of story.

Now, as Minnie ran through Dei’s whole life story, he couldn’t help but glance at the watch on his wrist. How much time was this taking up? What could he be doing instead of standing here and trying to force these four deaf ears to understand what was already so apparent without him saying it: Dei did nothing wrong, and they should just live and let fucking live— and apologize to him.

She was saying that Gen wasn’t wrong. Apparently, both of these girls thought that not keeping their noses in their own fucking business was absolutely acceptable. She leaned too much into the word Kordy in an obvious attempt to rile him up, but that wasn’t what was working. It took a lot to piss Saint off, as he had said— and as he would say again— but there was one thing that really got under his skin: people— especially those with a half of a brain (or less)— trying to tell him what he could and couldn’t think or do and what his friends could and couldn’t do.

Gen moved to poise herself upon the table, and she began to speak in a tone that made it obvious that she cared more about this situation than she cared to let on. He wanted this conversation to be over with— he had so much better to do with his valuable time than this— but nothing she said made any sense. She wasn’t going to apologize, which she’d said before. She called him a stoner freak, which was unsurprising— she was still yet uncreative and undedicated to her insults— and she thought that he had a tough guy act.

He sighed through his nose again. This was getting repetitive and utterly annoying.

She moved off of the table, grabbing Minnie’s hand and waving goodbye to him. “So long, Saint. I do hope we meet again under better circumsta….” He noticed her eyes catch on someone beyond his shoulder, and she released the other girl’s hand. “Ah, there is the man of the hour.”

So he’d arrived.

Saint took a step back, glancing at Dei and giving him a small grin and a nod of welcome, despite how little it fit the tone of the conversation— after all, he was far from invested in it, and minding the norms of what to do when being insulted and/or having your best friend be dragged through the mud wasn’t exactly something that he cared too much about.

She referred to Saint as Dei’s little servant again. She was really scouring her small head for all of the ideas for insults and scraping the bottom fo the barrel...

Ah, and then a mindless buffoon, a mutt (which had certain implications that he honestly wouldn’t put past a bitch like Gen), and a little bitch. Her score for creativity was a solid two-of-one-hundred. She had a long way to go…

With a soft sigh and with another glance to Dei, Saint gave Gen a small grin. Dei being her gave him a bit more confidence to top him off. “Genevieve, I came all on my own accord. It’s possible that it’s difficult for yourself to understand, seeing as you and your clone are incapable of original thoughts or actions…” He sighed through his nose. “I follow no one’s orders, and I’m no one’s bitch.” His voice was flat, as usual. “Although, now that he’s here, you can do what you should have done all along. It makes your job all the easier.” He met Gen’s eyes. “Swallow your pride. Get this all over with. It'll mark the end of this conversation— you can go back to whatever you think is more worthy of your time, and I can go back to whatever is more worthy of my time.”

In his firm, unemotional voice, he said the same words that he'd found himself repeating too many times tonight:

"Now, apologize."

fillerfillerfillfillerfillerfillerlerfilelifr 4:00 PM fillerfillerfillerfillerfillerfillerfillerfilr
Nate
INTERACTIONS

Mike

MENTIONS

N/A

TAGS

ditto ditto

When had Nate's schtick gone from "loner artist boy, don't talk to him" to "great listener, perfect guy to rant to"? What the fuck had Homecoming done to him that now left him with Trevor spilling his guts on Monday and now Mike doing the exact same thing just a mere few days after that?

Nate missed the days when all he was good for was smoking a quick joint and then being left to his own devices. It had been quieter. Simpler. He was able to chill at his home, totally fucking alone, although... alone wasn't the right word to describe there. It was hard to be really alone when you lived with three other guys, but hey, at least those guys stuck to themselves more or less. Nate could easily go days without seeing them -- except Gus, but that was fucking different.

Oh well. He could let everyone fucking vent to him for now because it was only a matter of time, a matter of a handful of days, before Nate was being sentenced back to his life in Kansas. And his parents wouldn't want him after he got expelled from another school, so he'd up on Esther's fucking porch, begging for her to let him crash there.

"No, you're good, man." He said with a faint laugh. "I got nothing better going on. I'd rather listen to you rant about simps than sit here alone looking dumb as fuck. But, I probably should find Evie." A quick glance around, and Nate realized that he had no idea where she'd gone off to. Well, fuck. Sure, she'd said that she had some kind of call, but Nate had no idea where she'd run off to take it.

"Plus you should probably get outta here before Ronnie tracks you down." He said with a chuckle like it was a joke, but Nate knew -- and he was sure Mike probably knew -- that it wasn't. Ronnie was like a simpy Bloodhound when it came tracking down the sorry sap that was her affections for the night, and sadly, tonight's was Mike.

Nate stood up from the table, giving a final little wave to Mike. "I'll catch you around, Magic Mike." He said, and then he turned and started walking in the direction that he thought he'd seen Evie go in.

fillerfillerfillfillerfillerfilslsderlerfilelifr 4:00 PM fillerfillerfisdsdllerfillerfillerfillerfillerfilr
... michael reid ...
MOOD

fuck all of this.

fairgrounds

TAGS

nate Winona Winona ronnie hery hery

“Right, man,” Mike said, grinning at Nate and chuckling. “Catch ya around, sultry screecher”

He really needed to get to wracking his brain for a better name for Nate, pff…

As Nate walked away, his grin faded, and his hand went back to his neck. Goddamn, the pain had only gotten stronger throughout his talking to Nate. He’d rambled to Nate— dude who he’d spoken to, in person…once before, maybe? Last year’s showcase, he thought he’d given a nod to his art piece or something. Point was, he’d just took up some guy’s time with nagging that didn’t do either of them any good.

Damn it…

He stood up from his spot at the table. If he was leaving, he’d better do it now, before he got cold feet and his pinching neck got to him.

Goddamn it all…

He let out a huff of air, kicking at the ground as his hand rubbed his neck. His head played through the events from the second that he’d woken up today. Every move he’d made was loaded with dread and duty— mostly dread. Why in the hell had he come anyway? To avoid this pain in his neck? So he could feel good about himself or some shit? He couldn’t fucking take it. He wasn’t some servant to his conscience.

If he left, it would defeat the whole fucking purpose of coming. It would be him raising a middle finger to his guts and running them over with his rickety Camry as he whipped out of the parking lot— which, he wondered now, would that even be a bad thing? Just going full on fucking terrible guy who everyone can hate without even thinking about it. Could he say that he didn’t want to be that dude? He was enough of a jackass already— why not fully commit to it— why not pull the trigger and let it all out? ‘Cuz he cared? What the fuck, man?

Why did he even care? What had Ronnie ever done to deserve his time? What had she ever done to be worth his time? Simped? Wasted the space around him? Cockblocked him? Did that deserve thanks or praise or attention?

Fuck no.

But, for some fucking reason, he hesitated before beginning to walk away.

If he walked away now, he was committing to being a total dick. He was committing to being a terrible guy— which he was, but…he still felt bad, okay? He still felt bad. He didn’t want to fucking listen to himself, and he didn’t want to admit it, but there. There, he’d said it.

Mike felt bad for Ronnie, okay? For a number of fucking reasons, but…one, for making her cry, and, two, for leading her on and making her think that he actually cared about her deeper than he would some sulking, sick kitten on the side of the road. She was a pitiful, dumb child with no brain or charm to her name, and he felt bad for her because no one wanted her and because he had been the one to tell her, alright? He felt like he fucking owed her.

Did he?

Thinking was wasting his fucking time. He needed to just stop. He needed to stop thinking, he needed to stop feeling, he needed to stop sympathizing, he needed to find his way out of this damn place, and he needed to get in his fucking clunker that was worth less than that fucking candy apple.

But his feet were taking him in the direction of the haunted house again.

What the fuck?

He seemed to have gotten his answer. Whatever. He was fucking done trying to fight it at this point. He could fucking grit his teeth and bear it and act like he could deal with it. He could deal with the pain of being around the little bitch. He could deal with all of these motherfucking issues, because then, once this was over, he owed her nothing. He’d be pain-free, guilt-free, and he would never have to fucking deal with her again.

Something like that.

Listen, he was just fucking done— and he’d already spent his fucking money to stay here.

So whatever.

He moved past the food stands, feet heavy, jaw gritted. He hated what he was doing, but whatever. If this was what it fucking took, then he would do it. Do it, wash his hands of it, and be done.

Everyone fucking owed him one for this. Everyone.

He found himself back at the backside of the haunted house attraction.

He felt nauseated again.

He rolled his eyes at himself and clenched his jaw.

Just fucking get this over with, Michael.

He lightened his footing as he approached her, practicing his grin to himself, and he put a hand on her back. “Boo,” he teased.

There ya go. Now ya just have to last the rest of the night.

Best of luck, fucker. You did this to yourself

Last edited:
MOOD: Ready to have FUN

OUTFIT: here

basics
MENTIONS: Gen geminiy geminiy

INT: Hunter @Wayward Son

tags
TL;DR Liv's a litttleeee high, and on the hunt for some excitement-- and much to her secret dismay, she found Hunter.
tl;dr
Livanna
My sleep is gonna be affected, If I keep it up like a lovesick crack head

No way.

The brunette eyed him for a little while longer. Trying to figure if he was actually serious.

"Really?" She crossed her arms, waiting for him to continue almost as if it was a bait. Expecting to hear a 'just kidding!' A part of her thought, was this because he wanted something? was there a catch? and if there was,

what was it? Liv narrowed her eyes as the worker there eyed her expectantly. Suddenly deciding to speak up as if she didn't hear Hunter in the first place. "Any one you want. Your boyfriend is a good lil' thrower." The older man chuckled, gesturing towards the two of them and Livanna didn't waste any time correcting him.

"Nah. He ain't my boyfriend, he's just Hunter." She pointed out the huge rainbow unicorn with the brightest smile one could imagine. It was so weird how quickly Liv could switch from emotion to emotion. To some people she came off as intimidating-- surprising, isn't it? Maybe the drugs had something to do with it, but she'd doubt it. Her moods changed faster than The Flash ran. The older man obliged and handed her the unicorn, which was almost bigger than Liv but then again, Liv wasn't exactly the biggest out of all girls.

Tiny, petite, small. But seriously, what girls weren't these days? Okay, maybe girls like Gen but that's a given. She's a model. Alright, nope! No more Gen. Liv was officially erasing her from her memory. Boom. Gone. As if she never existed in the first place.

"For little ol' me? Awuh, you're such a softie now. I don't know how to feel about that though..." Eyebrows were furrowed in thought, but she hardly had given Hunter a second to respond before shrugging, rolling her eyes and getting over the topic just as quickly. "Oh well. Looks good on you! I would've cried if I didn't get this dude." She shook the unicorn rather aggressively.

"Okay, not really but I would've pulled a knife on that little attendant man. I don't like those looks he gave me." She shook her head mockingly, only half-kidding. Now that the game was done was he ready to leave? Was this unicorn a peace offering and then, shoosh. He's gone. Was it bad she didn't want him to? Well, of course it was. But poor little Liv became so dependent on attention.

"Ferris wheel? I usually hate heights, but it sounds funnnn. C'mon, tell me it doesn't sound fun, you can't lie to me. It's like... a superpower I have. I'm Liv the uh... Livie-est. Hey! Look, The Man and The Liviest. Batman and Robin has nothing on alllllll this. We're the best super trio to exist." She gestured to the themselves wildly. Three as in, Her, Hunter, and Unicorn man of course.

Liv was still feeling so... incredibly good.

Happy, even.

But Liv knew it was only a matter of time until the high had ended. And when Liv hit her lows? Oh boy, was she low.

"So... a little Ferris wheel action? Tsk, tsk." The small brunette nudging him with a wink, laughing softly to herself and putting her hands up in defense.

"Nothing sexual. I promise." She wasn't good at keeping her promises, but that's not like she actually wanted to do things with Hunter. A man could win you a unicorn and that doesn't mean they earn a BJ in return. So... ha. Suck it misogyny.
code by valen t.

MOOD: JJ.

OUTFIT: here

basics
MENTIONS:

INT:
Ava, Jordan. Winona Winona fin fin
tags
TL;DR Jordan crashed Java's frate.
tl;dr
Juliette
Is it ever gonna change, am I gonna feel this way forever?

What was his game plan here? Was he actually going on about a relationship? He was serious? After all these months he suddenly decided Juliette was worth being in a relationship with? After all those nights they shared together? There was so many questions swirling around in JJ's head. Yet she still found herself still plastering on a smile at his words, they were sweet, he was sweet, but something just felt off and she didn't know what it was. Her smile faded almost instantly, the quick 'JJ' façade falling rather quickly. "Actually, yeah. You should've thought how that made me feel." The unicorn was shoved back into his arms, she didn't care if she was his absolute fav right now.

When he started to close the distance, she didn't stop him, but shifted in the slightest. Romeo to her Jules? Oh, fuck this guy. It just wasn't fair that she... liked him. A lot. Jordan & Jules were on and off. Having Jordan here right now? Made her realize that Ava wasn't entirely wrong, Jordan had used her for her body and Juliette was still in denial about it. And now he was here... what? Asking for forgiveness or something? Suddenly okay with the whole relationship thing?

"Okay, but what changed your mind? Did someone just... reject you or something? It just doesn't make sense how--" She didn't know what else to say. Because despite how unfair everything was, she still wanted him. And that, see, that, was unfair. She glanced over at Ava, listening to his words and almost expecting her to snap on him, throw a few threatening insults his way and how knows, maybe pull out a whole meat cleaver to cut off-- Okay, you know where she's going with this.

"Why me though, why now? After months... I mean, it's just not clicking for me." It was awkward having this conversation with Ava barely a few inches between them, but she didn't care. If anyone knew Jules, boy crazy Jules or not. They'd know that she didn't take shit from anyone, and Jordan was not about to be that exception. At least... not yet.

She needed a damn good reason to.
code by valen t.

Last edited:
Ava
INTERACTIONS

JJ, Jordan

MENTIONS

N/A

If this had been anyone else, Ava would've left long ago. The moment Jordan walked up, Ava would've said "bye" and been on her way, because the last thing Ava wanted to do was third wheel. And not for the typical "oh boohoo I have no one" reasons that made her roll her eyes at most other people, but in a "I might puke if I have to watch them all kissy-smoochy" type of way. Plus this was a private conversation that Jules and Jordan should've been having.

See but the issue was that this wasn't anyone else, this was Jules.

And Ava really wondered how hard it would be to shove this ugly ass bear so far down his throat that he stopped breathing.

Ava let out a snort of laughter at Jordan's dumbass words. Surely JJ wasn't going to fall for the "change of plans" and "hanging out with my absolute fav." That was just his way of saying hey, my original plans ditched me because they decided that jumping into a pot of boiling oil would be more fun than hanging out with me, so here I am!

Jules was still his backup choice.

Wasn't that obvious?

Her blood boiled the more that Jordan and JJ talked. But really, really, it reached its peak when this King of Dumbassery decided to call her Jules, in front of Ava. Now, see, the thing was simple... No one called her Jules. NO ONE. No one but one Ava Sanders, and hearing her longtime childhood nickname for her best friend uttered out of the mouth of this fucker pissed her off.

Made even worse when he pushed his way between her and Jules.

Probably for the best that fairs didn't allow people to bring in knives.

"The only thing I ship you with is a fucking guillotine, Jordan." Ava snapped. "You don't even know her name -- it's JJ, not Jules. Guess that pebble rattling around in that big ass head of yours can't even get that right."

Jules had pulled away, which was great. Maybe, finally, her friend had actually learned that she was better than whatever dick decided to pay attention to her for the month. See, that was the thing that Jordan obviously wasn't understanding -- JJ didn't deserve to be anyone's second choice. She wasn't some dumb slut to fuck with for a couple nights and then toss to the side when he got bored with her or something "better" came along -- because nothing better would come along.

Ava shoved her way past Jordan to go back to standing beside Jules but, this time, she kept herself firmly between Jules and Jordan. She narrowed her eyes at him, fingernails digging into the stuffed bear's neck.

"Look, get lost. We're hanging out tonight. Just us. You don't get to just come up and change her plans because whoever the fuck decided that they didn't want to hang with you anymore, got it? So why don't you run along, maybe win yourself a couple more stuffed animals since those are the only friends you're ever going to have that'll want to stay around you."

Ava held her tongue. There was more that she wanted to say. She wanted to tell him that if he dared to keep leading Jules on, Ava wouldn't be afraid to choke him. Snap his neck. Kick him so hard in the balls that he'd never think about another girl again. A million different scenarios, a million different thoughts rolled through her mind, but...

She didn't.

bend over backwards

Oooh, Rome could have bit Callum’s fucking finger off when he held it up in front of his face. His fury showed on his features, but for once, he stayed quiet, trusting Oat to make the right decision here. Of course, Oat was never one to say that he didn’t want somebody to hang out with them, and while Rome respected his friend’s kind-hearted nature, at this exact moment, it was less than ideal.

Although, Oat taking his hand was a little reassuring, because Rome knew that Oat was probably trying to find a nice way out of this. Well, Rome had no qualms about hurting Callum’s feelings, so he jumped in right after Oat finished, knocking Callum’s finger away with his free hand while squeezing Oates’ gently. “Well, you and me not friends,” he pointed out with a fake smile. “And I am want hang out with Oat. Just Oat. And Oat want hang out with me. Just me,” he emphasised his point with narrowed eyes, holding Oates’ hand firmly.
romir
MOOD: this bitch

OUTFIT: a hot fit

INTERACTIONS: mogy mogy hery hery

code by valen t.

Gia gave Mel a curious look when she spoke of fishing for ducks. Honestly she was confused by the statement till they came up on the game and her eyes lit up in awe at it. Sure it was simple as hell but for Gia there was a form of beauty in the simplicity of the game. Watching the ducks gently go around in the current of the small tub. Before she could awe any more though her attention turned back to Mel as she spoke. Listening with great care and interest her smile grew wider as Mel spoke of the class she ran and her duck Philosophy and how her mother helped her and how it was easy for her. The story amazed her to say the least, to hear of Mel like this and of her mother brought joy to the girl as she stood there hugging her arm a bit tighter.

"Its not stupid." Gia said softly to Mel after she asked if they should start and hesitated before she pulled Mel just a little closer spoke again. "I think. For you to think its stupid is stupid. it sounds amazing what you are doing for the children..... And while I may know little of the city I can understand what you're doing. Its so sweet." Gia said softly as she looked over Mel a little before leaning up and giving her a gentle kiss on the cheek. Growing a little bashful she mentally kicked herself in the ass over it. God what was she doing?! kissing Mel on the cheek, so stupid of her. What if it got awkward between the two of them? What if Mel felt weird around Gia and didn't want hang around with her anymore?! God her anxiousness was getting to her Gia had to get her mind and hopefully Mel's off it.

"S-so duckie fishing! hehe....... How do you play?" She asked Mel trying to play it off casually and not like she was mentally freaking out over the simple gesture. She liked Mel a lot and couldn't explain exactly how she felt but if a simple date to the fair and a kiss got Gia this much in her head she wondered how her feelings where towards Mel.

coded by weldherwings.

- Location.
Food stand
- Mood.
Yumm
- Tags.
Zeph ( Winona Winona ), Alex ( Soap Soap ), Naomi,
-Outfit.
Cute, fun, flirty

Stella couldn't help but notice how nervous the girl was acting. Did she like one of the people here or something? She didn't know her so she higly doubt she was some distant secret admirer, which left Zeph or the other girl. At least if it was Zeph she'd be a better option for him then Ronnie. Though she could also just be a naturally shy or nervous person. She found it hard to believe though that people like that existed in this school. However all that went out the window once Naomi made herself very clear. Stella could also appreciate bluntness, no need to be shy when you want something go after it. Even if the radishes part seemed really odd.

She smiled as Zeph paid for her ticket and nodded, "Thanks, and yah I got you." She chimed. Listening to everyone responses it seemed they at least all agreed that rides would be fun even if they all said different rides, "Teacups? Interesting but ok." She didn't mind the teacups, but the thought of watching Zeph a 6 foot 2 guy climb into one? Was kinda hilarious. "I don't mind doing food, but I'll only have something light right now or I'd have the same problem and teacups would be out the window." She giggled. She looked back at Zeph who looked like a kid in a candy store with excitement about all the rides including of course the teacups. "Yah yah of course. I know you wanna ride all the rides after all. You just have to promise we'll make time to win a stuffed animal while we are here too." She hummed. She liked being able to bring home something like a souvenir from these kind of things.

His excitement was rather cute, so it's not like she could say no to a fact like that, and as far as first impressions go she liked Alex and Naomi. They seemed pretty chill and that was always a trait Stella could appreciate because it meant she wouldn't have to worry about any drama, and could just have fun. As they approached the sand Zeph jokingly asked Alex if she was going to pay which Stella couldn't help but chime in, "If you do it'll save me some money." She joked. Though she didn't care who paid for what they were all here together to have some fun. She bought her hot apple cider since Gen had spoken so highly of it, and it would satisfy her for now without putting actual heavy food in her stomach. Maybe she could pick off of Zeph's funnel cake if she was craving it afterwards. "Ahh Gen was right this is heavenly." She hummed before turning to the others, "Do you all wanna sit and eat, or walk and snack?" She was only asking since she knew there were a lot of things they wanted to do...well at least her and Zeph did. Naomi seemed to be satisficed with just munching the day away, and after the clear flirtation she'd given Alex earlier she supposed Alex wouldn't mind joining her.
Stella J. Bailey
coded by incandescent

Stella couldn't help but notice how nervous the girl was acting. Did she like one of the people here or something? She didn't know her so she higly doubt she was some distant secret admirer, which left Zeph or the other girl. At least if it was Zeph she'd be a better option for him then Ronnie. Though she could also just be a naturally shy or nervous person. She found it hard to believe though that people like that existed in this school. However all that went out the window once Naomi made herself very clear. Stella could also appreciate bluntness, no need to be shy when you want something go after it. Even if the radishes part seemed really odd.

She smiled as Zeph paid for her ticket and nodded, "Thanks, and yah I got you." She chimed. Listening to everyone responses it seemed they at least all agreed that rides would be fun even if they all said different rides, "Teacups? Interesting but ok." She didn't mind the teacups, but the thought of watching Zeph a 6 foot 2 guy climb into one? Was kinda hilarious. "I don't mind doing food, but I'll only have something light right now or I'd have the same problem and teacups would be out the window." She giggled. She looked back at Zeph who looked like a kid in a candy store with excitement about all the rides including of course the teacups. "Yah yah of course. I know you wanna ride all the rides after all. You just have to promise we'll make time to win a stuffed animal while we are here too." She hummed. She liked being able to bring home something like a souvenir from these kind of things.

His excitement was rather cute, so it's not like she could say no to a fact like that, and as far as first impressions go she liked Alex and Naomi. They seemed pretty chill and that was always a trait Stella could appreciate because it meant she wouldn't have to worry about any drama, and could just have fun. As they approached the sand Zeph jokingly asked Alex if she was going to pay which Stella couldn't help but chime in, "If you do it'll save me some money." She joked. Though she didn't care who paid for what they were all here together to have some fun. She bought her hot apple cider since Gen had spoken so highly of it, and it would satisfy her for now without putting actual heavy food in her stomach. Maybe she could pick off of Zeph's funnel cake if she was craving it afterwards. "Ahh Gen was right this is heavenly." She hummed before turning to the others, "Do you all wanna sit and eat, or walk and snack?" She was only asking since she knew there were a lot of things they wanted to do...well at least her and Zeph did. Naomi seemed to be satisficed with just munching the day away, and after the clear flirtation she'd given Alex earlier she supposed Alex wouldn't mind joining her.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back