• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Hollywood Arts: International (Season 2)

Characters
Here
mood
why do you have a dog on your bag

outfit
comfortable | long shirt + cargo shorts + socks + tennis

interactions
Oates

tags
mogy mogy
Levi Pascoal
Levi's irritated face morphed into his usual resting face as his meek-looking guide talked, pausing for a moment to tell the twin something that's apparently important... Strangely receptive, miles better than the pretentious asshole Levi expected, but man, did that little bag get a sour taste on his mouth. It's funny too, how someone who looks exactly like your stereotypical soft boy seems so materialistic... Guess it really shows you really can't judge by cover-

Levi's eyes widened and squinted at Oates' reveal of why that bag was so precious to him, he thought that funny story was going to be something about the classes or whatever, not about the tour guide's damned secret dog.

And just like that, all of his notions about this boy switch upside down as he explained the reasoning for bringing the dog over, he's cool just really attached, which is understandable... Still though, Levi just wants to know what the hell he's going to be doing in this school for the near future, he doesn't really care for the dog in there anyway. Maybe it's kinda cute how he's bringing him despite the danger, but man, is it reckless as hell.

Levi's left hand reached for his face, his index finger scratching the corner of his eye as he heaved a heavy sigh out, almost like the thousands of sarcastic insults were stopped and molded into nothing but stacking air. "...So my tour... is dependant on the silence of a dog... Caralho..." Levi slowly spoke out as the puzzles clicked on his mind, cursing to himself with his hands grabbing his waist. Just his fucking luck, Levi's entire school year might be put on a disadvantage by something that doesn't even understand social interactions... He should really stop jinxing things by saying it won't get any worser, because it just did.

"...I mean, I don't really have a choice, it's not like I can ring someone else up now, if this school randomly chooses guides, I don't think they even have any reserves, do they?" Levi very straightforwardly spoke, maybe venting a little bit to the poor listener, it's certainly helping out his nerves... Oates seems like a nice kid, Levi isn't as annoyed by him as he was and is very thankful that this is actually someone he can have a civilized conversation that isn't a barrage of offenses and portuguese slurs, but he just wished there was some responsibility here to rely on, it doesn't really read well to hear that your guide is with a dog and you might get penalized for it.

"...Uh, I guess? Sure?" Levi shrugged as he answered Oates' question, not really even thinking about it and processing it properly, just confusedly responding to it because it wouldn't be that unreasonable to have a quick look... And if he's offering, then sure, whatever.
Maybe that dog is an angel, who knows?
coded by reveriee.

Nor Giovanni
hello HA
foyer
passive
help i broke the code
interactions

Gen ( geminiy geminiy )
Interactions with the general public clearly over, Nor trailed Gen up the stairs and onto the second floor, where they stopped. The snarky grins had been wiped from both of the girls' faces--neither had the time or level of disrespect for the other to continue the games they reserved for those below them, and Gen began to speak once more.

“You’re in fashion, if I remember correctly. You’ll get very used to this floor, this is kind of home base..."

Nor took a moment to observe the space as Gen spoke. It was fairly open, and extremely well lit as was necessary for their path of choice. Everything was sparkling and clean, and it seemed that the designers left no room to question just how wealthy the school truly was. It was extraordinary. This was where Nor was going to school. Following Gen across the room to a long table, Nor slipped into the seat besides her guide as she was handed a folder.

“This is for you, babes. All of the important paperwork that admin didn’t want to fucking deal with themselves.”

Nor opened the folder and flipped through a few of the sheets, skimming them all quickly. At the back was her class schedule, with her name and department printed neatly at the top.

Nor Giovanni, Fashion.

Excitement rose in her chest at the sight. This had been her dream since before she could even talk in full sentences--Nor had used to spend hours trying on all of her mother's elegant clothing from her closet, though they were enormous on her tiny frame. It was one of the few times during the day where she got to be a kid, and not the Giovanni's well trained circus act.

“Now, tell me about yourself. I want to know all about the newest face in my department.”

Nor directed her attention back to Gen, closing the folder and resting her manicured hands on the table in front of her. Despite her copious amounts of confidence, Nor had always faltered whenever it came to this question. What could anyone want to know about Nor Giovanni beyond her pretty face and sharp attitude?

She swallowed, tucking a stray strand of raven hair behind her ear. "I...well I'm from Mexico, hence the atrocious accent. Born and raised--Spanish is my first language," Nor began, laughing softly. She knew this wasn't the information Gen was looking for--the senior could have figured that out by looking at the information in the folder--but she wasn't sure what else to say. "My dad is the owner of Giovanni Solutions, and my mom works under him," she continued, tapping her index finger on the wooden surface before her. While her father's company was well known in Mexico, Nor wasn't sure if Gen had ever heard of it.

"I've loved clothes for as long as I can remember, I used to dig around in my mom's closet and try on all of her designer pieces. They were way to expensive for a six year old to be playing with, but she never minded," Nor continued, smiling. "I would pick out outfits for my mom and my dad and make them parade down the hallways like they were in a runway show."

Nor paused for a moment as someone walked by, before looking back towards her guide. "Give or take about eleven years, and now I'm here," she finished, unsure of what else Gen wanted to know. Then, she added almost as an afterthought:

"I really need to be here."
coded by natasha.

MOOD: This dog better not bark.

OUTFIT: Brown vest and jeans.

basics
MENTIONS:

INT:
The Cat Man The Cat Man (Levi)
tags
TL;DR Life is sad and bikes are getting banned tomorrow.
tl;dr
oates

„Oh, okay...“ Oates responded. There were a lot of people around the two—err, three of them, and he just now noticed it. The others in the Hollywood Arts foyer weren’t particularly loud, but to deny the existence of the background noise would just be straight up lying. And Oates never did mind a bit of background noise, though now the presence of others posed a threat of his dog being seen on school premises, which would then lead not only him, but also the white-haired boy, in trouble.

He turned his head, scoping the area for any space where it would be safe to unzip the duffle bag, but unfortunately, everywhere had been occupied by either new students or those chosen for giving tours. He tsked to himself, trying to think of a good place where there wouldn’t be a lot of people. And while a few toilets did come to mind, he really doubted leading a stranger into a toilet as the first thing on the tour would come off right.

“Oh, I know where we can go. You’re a dancer, right? Follow me.” Oates offered Levi an assuring smile and a hand gesture that matched his words. He made sure to walk in a way that wouldn’t make the duffel bag shake too much, and in turn, the dog inside it vomit his brains out. He was still planning on using the duffel bag for clothes, books, and notebooks. It was a good bag—I mean, if it was good enough for a chubby dog, it would certainly be good enough for some clothes and a bunch of paper.

“You see, the dance department is not as well represented as some of the other departments, but there are still many places designed for us to warm up or practice in.” The curly-haired boy spoke as he walked, occasionally turning back to make sure the white-haired boy had not ran off to find help or simply got lost already. Not that Oates thought Levi was stupid, no. He just knew that his own step was exaggerated because he could feel Jacob getting bored of the inside of that bag. One, because Oates knew his dog, and two, because the growls stopped being only slightly audible and moved into the bigger level of daring.

Despite the growls, he continued. “I like to use the blue dance studio because it’s usually empty. Or the green one if there is nobody inside. But I think it’s empty only on Fridays. Those aren’t their actual names—of the studios I mean—but it’s what most call them. It’s what I call them. Am I talking too much? I feel like I am.”

He leaned into the door of the studio, checking through the glass if there was anyone inside, a sigh of relief that there wasn’t anyone in there. “Do you have any questions? Please don’t let me talk, I ramble like so much.” He chuckled, opening the door and entering the room.

The memories he had here, they felt so vivid. But now they were spoiled. Rotten. He had to not focus on them too much or he might just start crying again. But Jacob helped with that, because by the time Oates entered the studio, he decided to let out a loud bark. Two even.

“Close the door!” Oates yelled, or well, loudly said to the white-haired boy. “And you, be quiet, I’m opening the bag.” He shifted his words to the dog.

And like promised, Oates slowly unzipped the bag, revealing the overweight brown rat dog he loved so much. He looked smaller than what he actually weighed, and as if nothing actually happened, the dog stepped out of the bag and immediately started walking over to the other boy. Jacob really seemed to like every single guy except Oates.
code by valen t.

MOOD:
hello new fren 😄

OUTFIT:
casual stripes
INFO

WITH: nicolas b.

MENTION: n/a​
ACTIVITY
TAGS
cappie
— Comeback Kid

He so could tell.

Cappie had been around enough stoners to spot the symptoms, and he’d also smoked a few tokes himself in parties. He wasn’t really a smoker; he usually avoids anything contained with too much THC, otherwise, he’ll end up feeling paranoid and kinda bleh in the end.

Reaction time was a bit slow, the eyes looked slightly dilated and bloodshot. Check and check. Then again, Nicolas probably didn’t much sleep last night. So who knows?

"Nice to meet you, Cappie. Sick name."

“Thanks, man. Grazie,” Cappie added, giving Nic’s shoulder a light friendly fist bump. “By the way, I only know five or six Italian words, and half of them are curse words I learned from an old neighbor. Anyway, let’s get it started like that music bean group would say. The Visuals floor’s got the best vending machines this-a-way. I think. Andiamo.”

He started walking a few steps toward one hall, waving Nicolas to follow.

The guy was high for sure, Cappie decided. No doubt. Like 91 percent of no doubt. He caught the familiar whiff of it lingering in the air around him—it wasn’t much, just a hint, but definitely not coming from Cappie. As long as Nic was as high as a chill, well-behaved kite, he didn’t mind at all. No problems, no worries.

“So, I read you’re in the Visuals department,” Cappie started. “I’m in it, too! What’cha learning there, painting or something? Just guessing here. I saw your hands covered with a bit of whatever that is.”
code by valen t.

Ava Sanders

Holy fuck, she was running late, and if there was any day for her to not be running late, it was literally fucking today. It was tour day or some shit -- whatever the fuck the school was calling it. Welcome Week maybe? She hadn't really kept up with it, and Ava had kind of kept a really backseat approach to the entire thing leading up to this. Like, she'd been making fun of the people who had gotten paired up with students, and who were having to welcome them and shit, and she'd just leaned back with her feet kicked up on a table.

And then she'd been told that she was going to be showing one of them around, and suddenly all the teasing that Ava had done had fallen short, and somehow she'd become one of those bitches that was working too hard or some shit to get the stupid school to notice her. That's why they were doing it, right? Surely the only reason people were willingly being tour guides was to suck up to the fucking faculty or some shit.

But now she was at school, looking for some blonde chick. She could practically hear Jules' voice in her head, saying "it's always the fucking blondes," and for the first time, Ava agreed with her. Because just being blonde wasn't a lot to go off of, and she found herself pausing more than once to squint at blondes to debate on whether or not they were the one she was looking for -- and more than once, she realized that the blonde she was looking at was here as a tour guide, and wasn't just some new rando, but rather was someone she'd gone to school with for years.

(Sorry, Charlie.)

Eventually, her gaze settled on a blonde who hadn't been picked up for a tour group yet. Ava kind of squinted at her, trying to discern if this was her literary blonde that she was supposed to show around and, after a moment, she decided that yes she was... fairly certain that this was the blonde in question.

Now, came the really hard part.

Ava approached.

She sucked in a deep breath.

"Hey," she said, her voice kind of tipping toward awkward as she made her way over. "You're..." fuck, what was her name? "Luci...?" Something like that, yeah? "I'm ahh... Ava, your tour guide for the day. Do you wanna ahh... I can show you the lit stuff and... yeah."

Nailing it.

mood
mood mood mood

outfit
outfit outfit outfit

playing...
song title
by artist​

mentions
N/A

interactions
Luci

tags
dear.szmm dear.szmm

º º code by ditto º º

mood
...vibing a bit more

outfit
comfortable | long shirt + cargo shorts + socks + tennis

interactions
Oates | Matt (mention)

tags
mogy mogy
Levi Pascoal
Levi was a little glad that Oates didn't seem to mind his blunt way of speaking, it was a little rude in hindsight, he didn't seem to be deserving of a hard truth like that... Still though, he just wanted today to go by smoothly and quickly, it was supposed to be a fucking tour throughout the school to get Levi accustomed to his surroundings and responsibilities, not a walk in the park with the dog. If this kid asks Levi to pick up the eventual remains that dog will leave or something that's like that, he might just snap out fully, he didn't ask to be a dogsitter, he's not even getting paid! It's this curly guy's job to make the newbie aware of where and what in these liminal-looking hallways and Levi will try his hardest to make sure it's diligently completed for his own sanity's sake.

As Oates stood there deep in thought, Levi just awkwardly waited for him to respond with an epiphany. Levi didn't bother looking around, if he stares at someone funky, there's a real chance that might bite his ass hard, knowing how sensitive some of these strung-up assholes can be, that and his brother's probably going to be late at this point now, in true Iuri fashion, to be completely honest, there's no way he'll just conviniently be there if Levi turns his head around or something anyway.

Oh god, Levi hopes that his brother got someone more responsible for him than someone who brings his dog to school, since knowing his brother's more bachelor thoughts, he might just get completely sidetracked from the original purpose of this day. They're on different classes, he won't be able to help out Iuri with his curriculum either, so he hopes that 'Matt' or whatever actually handles his brother's tour well... Wherever he is in this foyer.

In fact, the original plan was for both of them to get in via dance, Levi doesn't know why Iuri switched but... It worked, they're here, if his brother keeps things afloat for himself, that's enough for Levi.

Either way, it seems they're moving for the dog show! Hopefully it doesn't last long, Levi should've honestly refused and asked for the tour first... But maybe that's too mean, maybe he should also be more optimistic and free. "Yeah, I think the guides and the... Uh, guided, whatever the name is, have the same subjects, so hurrah for the school, I guess." Levi said an observation as they started to move, much to his delight, he's kinda curious about the school himself, his sense of adventure catching up to his drowsy mood.

Soon enough, the duo would arrive at what seemed to be the entrance to a dance room, at least according to Oates. The walk to it was pretty uneventful, aside from thinking that Oates was really hungry then remembering the dog from the growling and his tour guide's annoying fast pace against Levi's desire to look around to properly map it on his head, it wasn't too hard to get a rough draft, but man, would it be easier to process if he could just walk a little slower... Not like Oates wasn't guiding though, which Levi appreciated a ton, he was catching up to what's around him and even getting to know something useful about the school.
Levi's department seems to be the very bottom of the hierarchy, at least for the school itself, maybe not for the students though it usually tends to reflect.
So that's fun to know!

"I mean, I kinda need you to ramble, you know..." Were Levi's first words as he followed his guide inside this 'blue dance studio', looking around... He'd never been in a dance room like this, and most of all, he'd never felt so... important like this.
This is a room made for people like him, that despite everything, managed to get here, with a little monetary help or not. This is where his talent will be cultivated and developed from now on.
Levi Pascoal just fucking made it, and there's a lot more coming, not just for him, but for his brother.

A proud smile emerged on his face as he stared across the walls. It was soon replaced by a brief surprise as something furry proceeded to pull him out of his daydreams.
...Didn't Oates say something?
He was about to ask about it until Levi's eyes looked at what the culprit was...
And there he was.
The star of Levi's recent anxieties about his tour right beneath his feet.
...Ok, he was cute. Really cute.
So Levi just absentmindedly went to pet him, not really thinking about what's going on around him for the moment... Just a little pet.
...Maybe it was worth the trip to look.
coded by reveriee.

Ashton West

Oh, oh the poor guy seemed to not be having the greatest of days. He was kind of stumbling over his words, and there'd been the whole dropping his water bottle and picking it up thing that had happened when she's first walked over. She could understand what he was feeling, though, or at least to a degree. At least when Ash had been new to the school, she'd had Gen and Eli to show her around.

She let out a soft laugh, listening as the boy stumbled over his words. There was a faint smile on her face, and she couldn't help but feel bad, and she kind of wished that she could do something to help him out. Like, to just let him know that it was okay, and help calm him down. Or like, you know, because he was clearly struggling, and just--

Yeah.

"I...uh...dance. I'm in dance," he said. "You probably couldn't tell, huh, from the way I was trippin' over myself just trying to get in here. I promise I'm not always that graceless."

"Oh please, I thought it was very graceful," Ash joked. "You're fine, don't worry about it. Just umm... come on, let's just, like, get out of here." She said, giving a little tilt of her head, and then she turned and started out of the foyer with Parker tagging along after her.

God, she wasn't any good at this whole tour guide thing, but she sure as heck was gonna try.

"I used to do dance when I was, like, really little, but I was so bad at it, so I kind of gave up," she admitted, kind of thinking, or hoping, that drawing some kind of parallel here would start up some kind of conversation. "So like, you know... good job because dancing is literally so hard."

That's why she stuck with music -- it was... easy enough.

"Do you have any questions? Or, ooh, like, I could tell you who to watch out for. I mean like... that's most of the people in the school, but Evie and Gen? Don't cross them. Unless, like, you want your career to be over."

mood
hype

outfit
clothes

playing...
POSTER KID
by Peach Martine​

mentions
N/A

interactions
Parker

tags
keeruh keeruh

º º code by ditto º º

MOOD:
Stoned

OUTFIT:
Stoner Meets Street Fashion

basics
MENTIONS:

INT:

Niamh dear.szmm dear.szmm

tags
TL;DR: Yooo what's up.
tl;dr
Kyūu

So Kyūu was having a great time already in HA. Though, he wasn’t quite expecting the whole “feet” thing to explode as much as it did.

He didn’t realize it, but hey. It was funny as fuck, until Charlie’s feelings were hurt. That didn’t feel so good.

Anyways, yeah. Havin’ a great ol’ time at this school already. He walked into the school after getting dropped off.

Other important information about how his morning went:

Was he high currently? Yes. Yes he was. But hey, he was the pleasant kind of stoner. The chill kind. Not the “I’m out to make everyone in this school my enemy” kind. If he was aggressive while high he wouldn’t do that shit to begin with.

But, I digress.

He walked into the school, all lanky limbs with shite posture as he went down the wrong hallway. Twice. Eh, being a lil late never hurt anyone, right? It was his first day. It was expected that he’d get a little lost…

Y’know, barring the fact that he was given directions like… a bajillion times.

But he found the place eventually! A girl was waiting for him.

It’d be nice if they had name tags. He had no idea who this girl was. Wasn’t there supposed to be a list or something? Eh, whatever. Meeting people organically was better anyways.

“Yooooo, you my tour guide?” He said with a lazy drawl to his words. A hand exited his hoodie pocket and he extended it towards her.

“Name’s Kayden.” Well, that was what his parents recommended to introduce himself as. Too difficult to pronounce his actual name, make it easy on the Americans. “Guess it’d be Kyuu on the list. It’s nice to meet you.”
code by valen t.

/* ------ right side ------ */

/* ------ image 1 ------ */
mood | Curious

/* ------ image 2 ------ */
outfit | Click Here

/* ------ image 3 ------ */
tag | geminiy geminiy

/* ------ left side ------ */

nina kosaisook

/* ------ main textbox ------ */

Nina blinked, tilting her head ever so slightly at the cheerful swagger her guide approached her with. That was certainly.............unexpected. She wasn't quite sure what to imagine when picturing her guide, but she couldn't picture a single soul who actually seemed happy to meet with them. Perhaps a quiet senior on her phone who would hand a map and tell her not to die or whatever.

“Salut?” Nina squeaked out, unable to hide her surprise at the girl's affectionate behavior. "It is very nice to meet you as well,” She managed a polite smile, finally. "And I am glad to finally be here."

Following the french girl to the hallway, she seated herself on one of the plush chairs, her knees pressed tightly together and facing the other girl. She accepted the folder with a courteous nod, placing it atop of her mother-ordained binder.

“Yes,” Nina blanked for a second, attempting to process all the information. "Thank you! Thank you very much, I am sure this will come in handy." She stated, hugging the folder close to her chest. "About myself?" She paused, laughing awkwardly. She'd never been asked that, outside of an interview or two. "Well. To answer your question, I got here last week. I'm a visual arts major. I'm studying to be an actor, you know movies, tv shows, the like"

Correction. She was an actor, course or not.

"And well...........America is a lot. But I'm sure you understand without me needing to say." She commented, bluntly. . "Pardon, I don't mean to be rude but I thought they only started accepting International students this semester?" The girl questioned Bella, with a raised eyebrow. "But you are French am I correct?" Though her tone was deadpan, her eyes fixed on Bella with genuine curiosity.

Perhaps she could have eked out another semester here by insisting her mother move her to LA. What a fucking waste of 6 months.

/* ------ credit -- do not remove ------ */

© weldherwings.

MOOD: this place is a bad man ting

OUTFIT: here

basics
MENTIONS:
n/a

INT:
Ava ( Winona Winona )
tags
TL;DR luci likes people
tl;dr
luciana
the stone roses - sally cinnamon
Ava seemed nice. There was a certain looming apprehension in the back of Luci’s mind that told her Ava was pissed off; like she was inconveniencing her. Not inconveniencing – it wasn’t Luci’s fault they were both assigned to this tour thing – but she felt like any moment she could blink and Ava would be turning on her heels, sprinting away in the opposite direction.

The school was big. Very big. It was vastly different to any school Luciana had attended in the past; Knightsbridge, her alma mater, was a neo-gothic Hogwarts looking place slap bang in the of Belgravia, Chelsea, and Kensington – three of London’s most prestigious neighbourhoods. Harrods and the Royal Albert Hall were but a stone’s throw away, though Luci rarely frequented them. Growing up in such an area had totally desensitised Luci to the sense of awe and fascination any other person might feel towards such historical and famed landmarks. Westminster Abbey? Luci had attended church service alongside her parents every Sunday. Buckingham Palace? Luci had received not one, but two invites to the Queen’s annual garden party. Houses of Parliament? At 13, Luci’s two week work experience had placed her in the Government’s offices. London was just… London. There was little charm, little spectacle, which only aided in pushing Luci abroad.

Hollywood Arts was modern. It was cool. It relished in the future, not in the archaic past. It was forward-thinking, in keeping with Luci’s insatiable appetite for the new and undiscovered. Now this is a place I could stick around in.

The two girls ascended a staircase to the first floor – shit, no. Second floor. Bloody America.

“So I’ll spend most my time here? The lit department?” Luciana asked, a few steps behind her red head chaperone.

“Not that I mind,” she added, suddenly realising her tone may have set way for assumptions of negativity.

She tooked a stray strand of hair behind her ear, looking around at the posters and displays that covered half of all visible wall space; showcases, festivals, trips, and performances plastered across every inch.

“It’s nice up here. Really cute. I just want to meet people from all the departments, y’know?”
code by valen t.

MOOD: let's go, buddio

basics
MENTIONS:
Kian ( geminiy geminiy )

INT:
Kyūu ( qunqun qunqun )
tags
TL;DR tour ting innit
tl;dr
niamh foster
blossoms - your girlfriend
So, yeah. Niamh’s winter break had been pretty good.

And, yeah, she had a boyfriend.

She could have stayed in bed, lulling in the grandness of it all for the rest of the morning, but Niamh was over lounging around and arriving late – or not arriving at all.

She’d packed in the smoking. Yep. Totally cold turkey. Mainly, she wanted to support Kian in his sobriety. They spent a good deal of time together, and she was conscious that lighting up in front of him was a less than great motivator. Besides, it was no good for her, anyway. Her swim team were looking likely to get a spot in the nationals again, and if Niamh had learned anything from last year, the nationals were fucking hard work. She couldn’t afford any cloudiness or lethargy; she had to commit one hundred percent.

It was a change then, for Niamh to be ready and waiting at school before 9am. Turns out she was on tour duty for the new students, all internationals or something. Thank God for Twitter, otherwise some poor kid would have been left on their lonesome in the front foyer, wondering why on earth they had to be the one to be paired with the asshole student who couldn’t give enough of a shit to even turn up.

No, Niamh was better than that.

She was relieved she didn’t have to wait too long, as shortly a six foot something, black haired boy came bounding towards her.

He introduced himself with a pleasant enthusiasm, prompting her to look at the name she had earlier scrawled on the back of her hand.

“Kyūu Nakayo? You’re in the right place.”

She smiled warmly at him, sympathising with the ceaseless barrage of information and new-arrival shit one had to endure on their first arrival at Hollywood Arts. It had been but a couple of months earlier that Niamh had gone through it herself.

“So you’re in the aesthetics department, right? I think I read that somewhere?” she asked, trying to interpret the mysterious student stood before her. His bubbliness contrasted with the moody tones in his clothes; Niamh could appreciate a decent grunge aesthetic. Kyūu suited it well.

“I guess I can show you the department first, if you want, not that I’m entirely familiar with it myself…”

Niamh’s voice trailed off awkwardly. She sighed, picking herself up.

“Then I can show you some of the exciting stuff. Y’know, the canteen, the hook up spots, the not-so-secret smokers hideout behind the gym. The places you really need to know.”

What? So what if she wasn’t smoking any more, Niamh still had a duty to signpost her peers to the right places with the knowledge she had. Who was she to deprive someone of any opportunity? The way she saw it, it was an act of community service, and she was all for the community.
code by valen t.

Last edited:
MOOD: hi perthy

OUTFIT: clothes

basics
MENTIONS:
n/a
INT:
jinxxes jinxxes (Percy)
tags
TL;DR no
tl;dr
Chas Marino
Stoop to mine, I'll stoop to yours.
Ever stolen candy from a grocery store?

It's pretty sweet.

That's kind of what it felt like for Chas to waltz over to everyone he owed his life to, laugh in their faces, and tell them to shove it. Though it was really only an insult to his parents and somewhat his career path, he couldn't help but feel positively liberated for the first time in... well, ever, really. But make no mistake, he had no intention of losing his grip. There were simply changes to be made with this newfound assertiveness, and that all started with resuming his top-of-the-class, student body president duties at the turn of the second school term.

So, it was only natural for Chas to shoehorn himself into leading a few tours for new kids. It made perfect sense to maintain a robust public image following New Year's Eve, especially given that the last time most of his peers saw his face, he was drunkenly stripping, ranting, and raving in the middle of his apartment. With, like, a bajillion guests.

Word was that some of the newbies weren't so new to the Hollywood scene. Somewhere in the small crowd gathered outside the office was a young successor of the Ebelings, a surname that was highly-regarded in the fashion industry. Anyone with an ounce of class knew the old Frenchman's work well; in fact, Chas was sure there were at least a few of the man's pieces stowed away somewhere in the Marino estate.

It wasn't difficult to manipulate the tour guide assignments when Chas held a high-ranking student position and had the intimidating temper to boot. How's that for the work of a shorty?

This "Percy" character was likely expecting a different, more irrelevant name to approach him, but Chas was doing him a favor making the switch. How often was it that someone got the privilege of a private lesson in Hollywood with the esteemed Chas Philippe Marino, reality star and film extraordinaire? Percy Ebeling, 5'7, redhead senior in the plastics department with a penchant for snappy dressing had a lot to learn about the way things worked at Hollywood Arts. And Chas had plenty to gain from schmoozing with such a big name...

"Percy!" he shouted above the crowd, raising a hand in the air and snapping it with the patience of a furious mother, "Percy Ebeling, come get your tour! Your guide hates waiting!" Chas dropped his hand and crossed his arms, scanning the area for his target with a slightly upturned nose. Of all the riffraff hobbling about the halls, the young screenwriter could only hope these international kids would bring new life to this cesspool of an academic institution.

After a few more moments of searching, Chas turned around to find the slight little redhead right behind his back. He let out a grunt of exasperated surprise, but quickly sucked it up and slapped on a big, smarmy grin. His eyes lit up with something bright and fluorescent, replacing the dull tiredness that plagued his smooth, perfect face moments prior.

"Ah, hello, you must be Percy!" he greeted, reaching two hands out for a firm handshake, "I'm Chas Marino. You may have heard of me or my mother from television. Or my father, or sister, or idiot brother." He smiled wider, the subtle venom in his voice drenched with a thick layer of disarming honey. "I take it you've traveled far to be here?"

Of course he knew who this guy was. And his family, his history, where he was from... whatever was available from a quick Google search. But Chas was no follwer, and he wouldn't dare to be caught taking an interest in any substantial form of celebrity research. Rich and famous people are far too busy showcasing their talents to bother with that extent of personal attention.

"As class president and self-appointed representative of the literature department, we are so glad to have you here at Hollywood Arts." Blech. Kissing up was always humiliating, but Chas did love his latent rewards. "Where should we start? Do you have any questions about facilities, staff, the area, my work, the people, my experience in the industry, my outfit coordinator... anything?"
code by valen t.

MOOD:
Stoned

OUTFIT:
Stoner Meets Street Fashion

basics
MENTIONS:

INT:

tags
tl;dr
Kyūu

Kyuu smiled at the girl, Niamh? Alright.

“Yeah I’m aesthetics. I do tattoo work.” He said with a small grin.

He was allowed to be a little bit proud in his work, alright? Most people that were raised in his family started in their late twenties or early thirties actually inking people up.

He was considered a “prodigy” thank you very much.

Groomed for success and yeah. Long hours hunched over a drafting board and dealing with clients and sweeping floors and watching his uncles as he waited and waited to do his first person.

Nah, he knew that he could have a bit of pride in him. It was healthy to rest a bit on your laurels when you did so much for everyone.

“That’s cool, I’m not really much of an academic, but thank you for showing me around.” An easygoing shrug and a wide grin. “So, like, what do you do then? If you aren’t in the aesthetics department?”

He leaned his head back as he tilted his head as they walked. There were a lot of people, and a lot of classrooms. A map was starting to be created in his head.

Then I can show you some of the exciting stuff

“Awh, really? That sounds sick. Let’s do it.” He visibly seemed to perk up at the idea.
Listen, just because he was on the “straight and narrow” now didn’t mean that he couldn’t have fun.

Just… y’know… organized crime was out of the window nowadays.

Besides, his tour guide was cool, right? She got it. She seemed to understand that he wasn’t much of an intellectual.

More interested in social stuff that is.

That reminds him, he should probably ask around about the important figures out here, shouldn’t he? Something like that, at the very least.

“What’re like… What’s the social ladder like here, yeah? Who do I gotta look out for. Who’re the cool people… Think the term’s ‘what’s the tea’” or something?” He asked, his hands never left his pockets.

And his relaxed smile never left his face. “Yeah anyways, what’s up with that?”
code by valen t.

MOOD: Show me what you got!

OUTFIT: Brown vest and jeans.

basics
MENTIONS:

INT:
The Cat Man The Cat Man (Levi)
tags
TL;DR Life is sad and bikes are getting banned tomorrow.
tl;dr
oates

The chubby brown dog absolutely loved attention—being pet, talked to, knowing eyes of that one particular person were on him. Especially when it came from strange guys who he hadn’t met before but somehow instantly fell in love with. Now, Oates always pinned this behavior on the dog growing up in the household that he did, but he never realized that he also grew up in that same household. It was uncanny how much the two of them had in common, but everyone knew the dancer had never liked to look too much into things which were about him, so instead, he just instinctively smiled at the white-haired boy’s reaction to the dog running over.

He didn’t remember the last time he smiled. Well, no, he did, but he decided to much rather not think about that entire situation until he was back home where nobody could see him cry. He couldn’t imagine how awkward it would’ve been if he just started bawling his eyes out for no apparent reason while in the middle of the tour. He was sad, but he definitely wasn’t that sad.

“He likes you, I think. But he likes everyone.” Oates spoke, slowly turning around himself and taking in the room. He didn’t actually expect leaving his apartment would feel this good; the lights on his skin to feel this warm; the polished floor beneath him to feel as solid and as squeaky as it actually did. He, only after a couple of seconds, realized that what he said could’ve been interpreted in a different manner, so he quickly corrected himself. “Not that you’re unlikeable or anything like that, I actually think you’re a pretty likeable person in comparison to all the other people that I’ve, uh…met. What I meant to say was that he generally like liked people and that he won’t bite you or anything like that. Well, no, he will just don’t touch his Captain Hook toy and you’ll be good.”

The curly haired boy realized he was rambling again, so he decided to end the long paragraph of speaking with a joke that solely he found funny. But then again what could he do when dog footsteps and breathing only filled the room a little bit, and a lot of seemingly awkward silence remained for him to drown in. He never did understand that silence didn’t need to always be awkward. But why would he ever have to understand that in the first place if he could always resort to talking, right?

“So. What do you say that before we continue the amazing tour that I am currently giving you, you show me some of your moves. Wow, okay, that sounds so cliché, but come on, indulge me.” He looked at the other person in the room—the white haired boy.

“I, myself, am a ballet dancer, but I dabble in other styles sometimes.” He threw the now-empty bag away from himself before doing a pirouette that extended into a first arabesque, then the second, before he came to a stop, and sure, it hadn’t exactly been the most perfect first arabesque the blue studio had ever seen—Oates had been wearing clothes not fit for stretching of the legs or anything else—but it wasn’t the worst one either. After all, he was a junior at Hollywood Arts, and he did already know how to do all the classic ballet moves, even in his sleep. Now, combining them was another story, but who in their right mind would reveal that they weren’t the best dancer in Hollywood Arts?

“As you can see, I might not be the best dancer in Hollywood Arts, but I don’t think I’m too shabby. Now you. Let me see.”
code by valen t.

Charlie Howell

filler

filler

filler

filler

filler

filler

• home (filler tab)

mom rock

grand romantic life

Charlie’s grin widened as the person before her confirmed himself as none other than Axel with a few flourished words.

“That is me, the one and only. Well, not true. There are a bunch of guys named Axel, I am only one of them. But I should be the only one you are looking for, yes.” Charlie couldn’t help the small laugh that bubbled out from her lips, hugging her books tightly to her chest as she gave a little bounce to adjust the backpack hanging off her shoulders. Right, so many Axels, too many to count, this totally wasn’t the first Axel she had ever met. “No twin, but my sister ate her’s in the womb.”

Charlie blinked a few times, looking up at the guy in a failed attempt to figure out if he was joking or not. Either way, Charlie was intrigued and found herself nodding with squinted eyes, smirk tugging up on the left corner of her lips. “Honestly dude, that’s pretty hardcore. I bet your sister is cool as hell.”

The very brief silence began and Charlie suddenly realized that she had this whole job to do that she absolutely wasn’t doing. Ya know, showing this kid around, giving him the stuff she had for him from the office, telling him all the places to avoid unless he wanted to see an overly active couple shoving their tongues down each other’s throats at 9am; the typical stuff. She had made the move to dig through the stuff in her arms when Axel spoke again, drawing her eyes up from the stack of papers and books in her arms.

“So I am guessing you are in fashion. Or an actor?” Charlie tilted her head slightly, eyebrows furrowing. What made him think she was a plastic or an actress? “I should not say that. Not all pretty girls have to be doing pretty girl things. Sorry, what department are you in?”

Oh.

Oh.

Pretty. Great, just wonderful. Little dude thought she was pretty. Juuuuuuuuust wonderful. That wasn’t about to make things weird at all.

Charlie cleared her throat and nodded, smiling once again. “Nah it’s all good. I’m a musician. A singer, actually. And you’re…” Charlie paused, pulling the correct folder free from the stack and flipping it open. “Literature! A wordsmith, hmm? Honestly, it checks out. Most of the lit kids have that,” she extended a hand, gesturing to Axel, “brooding aura about them. No offence, of course, I’m sure you’re a lovely person.”

With a quick flip of the folder in her hands, Charlie closed it and handed it to Axel. “For you, good sir. In there is your timetable, student I.D., a map. Trust me, it may sound stupid but this school is ridiculously big. I made that map when I was a freshman here, it saved my life several times over.” Charlie reached her index finger up to tap the side of her temple gently. “Big brain moment and a true Charlie Howell special. Keep that thing close, it’s a limited edition. Hell, it might even be worth something in twenty years when I’m totally super famous.”

Once again readjusting her books, this time to put them in the backpack she had dropped to one shoulder for comfort, Charlie looked back to Axel and smiled. “Alright, where do you wanna see first? I am but a humble guide and am entirely at your disposal. I know this place like the back of my hand, and most of the local areas of Los Angeles. This city is way too big, in my opinion, but I’m sure you’ll get used to it.”

♡coded by uxie♡

MOOD: Very normal aura

OUTFIT: substitute teacher lookin ass

basics

INT:
Charlie geminiy geminiy
tags
TL;DR This tour could be much worse now that I'm thinking about it
tl;dr
Axel
— Cool Kids

Cool, she was already laughing at him. This couldn’t get worse. “I bet your sister is cool as hell.” Scratch that. Now it couldn’t get worse. He however didn’t pick up the awkwardness following his comment. Pretty girls were pretty girls anywhere, but he had no idea American girls might not want to hear about it.

Music also made sense. She certainly had the energy for it. He’d have to give her a listen some time. Charlie left no room for questions as she flipped through his folder.

Brooding? Axel wasn’t quite sure what that meant. At least, he was sure she didn’t mean it like he was several baby birds. Did she?

Axel took the folder from her and flipped through it briefly. A map was a good idea. She could’ve just printed one out, but instead it was hand drawn with colored pencil. That’s dedication. “I am shocked you are not in the art department.” A small attempt at a joke as his nerves calmed.

With the decision in his hands, Axel looked the map over. He didn’t need to know what a “hookup hallway” was. “What about the ‘best place to take a nap?’” That was more his speed.

LA was a whole other monster. Axel wasn’t a stranger to busy cities, but Buenos Aires was small, whereas LA was some massive beast he knew nothing about. Surely there was some comfort that would come with time, but for now it felt he could get lost at any moment. “Do you by chance have a map of the city too?”

Once Charlie turned, he pulled his phone out. “Define brooding.” Birds, right, but there had to be something else. “Showing deep unhappiness of thought. Appearing darkly menacing.”

“Hey!” Axel looked up, but she was already a few paces ahead of him. After taking a quick moment to secure the folder, he caught up with her. “I am not brooding.” Was he? Darkly menacing wasn’t how he wanted other people to think of him. “I think my aura is very normal.”

code by valen t.

Ash & Dalton

feat. Super Secret Guest Star

Finally, finally, the school day was nearing its end. Like, not that she'd necessarily minded having to help show Parker around, but she was umm... like... she was just tired, and she was ready for it be over. She was ready to kind of kill the fake smile that had been pressed on her face the whole time, and go home and forget her problems behind... well, not behind anything today. She'd umm, like... well, she'd kind of stopped drinking.

It was like, it was kind of weird, having to deal with her problems like... sober.

Not that she... had problems, it was just...

Yeah.

She was doing fine.

Of course, as she was on her way to leave, she kind of ended up stumbling across someone that she... well, she hadn't really planned to continue talking to him past New Year's Eve, but... there was some part of Ash that found herself remembering through the drunken haze that he'd been, like, hurt or whatever.

Not that she cared one way or another, but...

(Okay, so like a tiny part of her cared, but not for any reason beyond Ash like... she always cared about people that were hurt, okay?)

"Hey," she greeted with a smile as she walked over to him. "What are you doing?"

Well, he wasn't like... the best, but at least he was some kind of distraction.

---------------------
He'd thought this at the beginning of the day when he first traversed the hallway, but there really were too many fucking new kids in the school. The crowd had thinned down since school was nearly over now but there were still more kids milling around than he liked and just imagining having to deal with the extra crowd for the rest of the year got on his nerves.

More people in his space was not what he needed or wanted, speaking of which...

Dalton had heard a voice giving a greeting near where he was leaning against the hallway and ignored it at first, until he felt a presence near his side and looked down to see Blondie West.

Great. Back to bother him already. He should have expected as much. Dalton didn't bother to respond to her greeting or verbally acknowledge her presence.

Instead he quietly pushed off the wall and headed back into the now empty classroom where he had left his bag, not bothering to check if she was following.

Hopefully she wasn't.

---------------------​

Asshole.

With a roll of her eyes, she trailed after him -- hey, he hadn't told her to, like, fuck off or anything. He'd just... started walking away, which clearly meant that he wasn't totally like go the fuck away. Or like... that's the way she was going to take it as she followed after him, letting out a small sigh as he turned into an empty classroom.

"You're kind of a dick," she stated, as if it even needed to be said, or as if he'd even be listening to her speak. She sped up a little bit so that she was beside him, closer now so that it was harder for him to ignore her. "So, like, you're not dead. Did you go to the doctor or whatever? Or are you gonna tell me what happened?"

To make sure that he actually knew what she was talking about this time, she poked him in the side where she knew the bruise was probably still at.

---------------------
What was wrong with the Wests?

Was it in their genetic composition or something that they all had to be a nuisance one way or another?

Seriously, what part of his actions screamed 'follow me'? Or was she another stalker ala Veronica Crosby or worse... Dahlia.

Ok definitely not Dahlia, at least not as hot as her and hopefully not as crazy. And he was gonna stop there. He didn't need reminders of the girl who was the whole reason behind the 'don't get involved with troublesome chicks' rule he kept and was starting to realise he might have broken the night of the NYE party.

Thinking about the crazy women in his life was not where he wanted to go but blondie here seemed determined to join the crew and he already had one too many in his life.

At this rate he was going to nickname her poker or miss abusive. What was with the Wests and their weirdass fetishes and why on earth did she want to bother him about his fucking bruise and remind him about fucking Nathan Woods whom he still hadn't had the chance to throttle since that day in the gym.

His hand snapped out and caught her by the wrist, pulling it up sharply.

"You need to stop doing that." He warned quietly before letting go of her wrist and turning his attention back to his bag, digging through it for the spare shirt he kept in there. Damned paint.

When he realised she was still there, standing behind him, Dalton let out a sigh. Fuck.

"Are you gonna leave or not?"

---------------------​

She let out a kind of small, surprised yelp when he grabbed her wrist. Her heart pounded, muscles momentarily tensing, until he let her wrist go with a quiet warning. She rolled her eyes (and definitely was not going to heed said warning), and pulled her wrist closer to her, her free hand rubbing against the skin.

"I don't know," she said, walking towards the desk next to the one that he had his bag on, and leaned back against it, her hands resting on the edge as she watched him. "You gotta be lonely, right? Like this whole tough guy grr act has to get exhausting. Or, like, lonely."

The short answer? No, she wasn't planning on leaving. What? Sue her -- he was interesting, she was bored, and sure, she needed another distraction from just like... everything in her head.

And he'd been a great distraction last time, so why not again?

---------------------
Lonely? An act? Ha.

"On the contrary I like being alone."

That wasn't a lie. Less nuisances like her to deal with, more peace, more quiet. Why did people always like to assume that people who were alone were lonely?

He knew perhaps only one person who didn't make that assumption or didn't care.

Dalton's grip on his bag tightened momentarily as he continued to dig through it for that stupid shirt.

"If you're feeling lonely, no need to project, just go and look for your little minions or some desperate freshmen or whatever, I'm sure they'll be happy to play pretend with you."

Keys, water, a pack of gum, where was that damn shirt? Did he not throw it in this morning? Dammit.

All he wanted was to grab his bag, change into a fresh shirt and get back home but instead here he was, unable to find his spare shirt and having to deal with an unwanted presence who decided to plant herself there.

Not since Dahlia had he second guessed getting involved with another girl so much. She hadn't done anything drastic and in a less grumpy mood he might even have entertained her nonsense and insistence on inserting herself but at the moment, he was pretty fed up with people trying to insert themselves in his life.

The bloody stupid political campaign his father was wrapped up in meant that Dalton had been getting a steady stream of ignored messages and calls, asking him to show up for family photos and events, shit like that for his deadbeat father's oh so important campaign. 'Good family image' and all that shit.

They could take their requests and attempts to play family for voters and shove it where the sun didn't shine as far as he was concerned. Now just where was that shirt?

Dalton's fingers finally caught a hold of a piece of fabric and he pulled free a crumpled white shirt. All the digging had made a mess of it but whatever, at least it wasn't covered in paint.

---------------------​

She was momentarily taken aback by his words -- not necessarily because they'd come across as rude (even though obviously they were rude), but more because maybe there was some kind of truth to them. Like, she was lonely, even if by all means she shouldn't have felt as such, and that's why she was clearly here, trying to entertain herself with this absolute asshole, right? Like... that had to be it.

As he rummaged through his bag, making a rather big mess of things, Ash found her fingers subconsciously playing with her necklace. For the moment, Dalton was lucky, because she wasn't finding any words or anything to say. She was quiet, although that only lasted so long.

Her gaze flicked from the bag back to his face.

"So, like, did you go to a doctor or whatever? I mean, unless you're a little bitch, I think you should be able to take a hit from, like, me."

Well, it was true.

And why she cared whatsoever about a dude she didn't even know, Ash... didn't have an answer for that. Maybe it was because it kept her mind off of other things, about confusing events that had no straight ending, that had left pages unturned and a story only half told. Maybe it was the lack of closure that she'd experienced over Trevor leaving, over the whole JJ and Dorian thing, over this and that from last semester, that kept her anchored here.

In a way, talking with Dalton was like a breath of fresh air. He wasn't privy to any mistakes she'd made last semester, he wasn't familiar with her friends, or her exes, and he clearly didn't care enough to have any kind of opinion hindering in one direction or the other. He just existed.

And in a way, he was also familiar. She knew guys like him, and she liked being arounds guys like him. It was kind of like a nostalgia thing, taking her back to when times had felt simpler and she could see the golden brick path of her life laid out beautifully before her.

Of course, he was still just a stranger, and that wasn't lost on her.

"Or, ooh I got it," her eyes lit up. "This whole grr bad boy thing is just an act, and you actually can't take a hit and you're very sensitive and soft. You totally cried after I left, right? Did I get it?"

That, obviously, was a joke.

---------------------
Dalton ignored her prodding questions about the doctor, ignored her little remarks about him being a little bitch, but then she took it a little too far with her comments and she didn't seem to show any signs of stopping despite him ignoring her.

To think the day would come when he would get accused of being unable to take a hit by a little girl who he could lift with one hand and would probably cry if she got a paper cut.

Next time he saw Nathan Woods he was ripping that bastard to shreds. This was all because of his fluky hit he'd landed at the gym that day and the damned doctor, but first, he was going to deal with the girl who just wouldn't drop the matter and go away.

Dropping the shirt onto his bag, Dalton turned towards little Blondie West and put his hands on the table where she was sitting, his body covering her view.

"As far as I can remember," he started slowly, looking her straight in the eyes, "the only one crying that night was you, or have you already forgotten what happened and need me to remind you?"

---------------------
As much as she might've been, like, playing it off super well that she was like... really ballsy or something. Like she didn't have any fear of the guy in the room with her, but then there was always the way that her heart would pound a little heavier in her chest when his dark eyes would turn on her, and she'd feel frozen in place. Her fingers dug into the table, teeth biting into her lip as he spoke.

Asshole.

Not a new thought when it came to Dalton, or a very original one she was beginning to suspect.

"Oh my god," she started, trying to act as if his words hadn't stung. New Year's Eve? A night she'd rather forget for a thousand different reasons -- well, most of it, anyway.

She leaned closer to him, a hand coming up to press over her chest. "You're so sweet. Like, you actually remembered that? Oh my god, you do care. I knew it." Her lips pressed into a slight smile.

"Unlike you, I totally forgot everything that happened. But it's so sweet that it meant so much to you."

---------------------
Him sweet and caring? Hilarious. Also her claim that she couldn't remember anything from that night? Bullshit.

He cocked an eyebrow, a hint of a smirk forming on his lips as he looked at her.

"Really? You totally forgot everything that happened that night and yet this whole time you've been the one pestering me with references about that night and asking if I've been to the doctor yet." He paused for a moment to let the words sink in then stepped away, heading back for the table with his bag.

"As unforgettably wonderful as playing doctor might have been for you that night that you have come to pester me like this for another round," Dalton stripped off his paint stained shirt as he spoke and dropped it off on the table in exchange for the clean one, pausing to cast a momentary glance back at her. "I'm afraid I'm not interested."

---------------------
Correction to Ash's previous statement: he wasn't just an asshole, he was a cocky asshole. There was a roll of her eyes as he spoke, even a little laugh escaping her lips as he spoke. That night? Literally nothing, literally forgotten, because she was a whore in training under the tutelage of the best in the business.

That being Gen, of course.

Unfortunately, Ash was still Ash, which meant that she was like... curious, or worried, or whatever when it came to people. And some dude that she fucked who happened to have a huge bruise on his side? Like yeah, that was something that had stuck in her mind, and she was determined to make sure that this dude, no matter how much he annoyed her, was okay.

"Listen," she started as he stepped away, heading back over to his bag, and she lifted a hand to point a finger at him. "It was not that great. It definitely wasn't like... unforgettably wonderful," (she made sure to make a mockery of his voice here), "it was like... mediocre at best."

Ha. Totally got him.

And then, finally, he did what she actually wanted -- or, well, almost. He took off his shirt -- and like, no, she didn't want that because like, omg hot shirtless man. Rather, it was because now she could actually see it, the bruise on his side, with decent lighting since, well, the school actually turned their lights on.

"Oh my god, I knew you weren't just a little bitch," she said, a smug grin on her face as she pushed away from the table and walked towards him, quickly so he couldn't cover up the bruise before she had a chance to actually look.

Listen, she wasn't any kind of doctor, but she had learned a bit from her time of, well... dating an angry asshole who would get hurt, and then she'd find herself sitting next to him, with ice or bandages or whatever else he might need.

Her fingers reached out to touch the bruise, gentler this time than before, and she found herself frowning as she looked up at Dalton.

"What did you do? Like, I've seen some really bad bruises, but this is like... literally the worst. Have you gone to a doctor? What if you have, like, internal bleeding and you die or something?"

Serious questions.

---------------------​

If he thought the doctor was being dramatic, Blondie seemed determined to prove him wrong.

Internal bleeding? Dying? Somebody was watching too many melodramas and movies. Putting aside the fact that she was intruding on his space and touching him without permission, her melodramatic questions and reactions were actually quite funny.

He'd be damned if a punch from Woods of all people left him on death's door. Dalton didn't bother answering her questions, and he let his hands, which had started to make their way into the clean shirt, fall onto his lap as he turned to face her, his body half seated on a nearby table.

"What are you doing?" He asked, turning her question onto her with raised brows. There was no reason why he had to tell her how he'd gotten this giant bruise that was refusing to go away. "However desperate you might be, this can count as sexual harassment you know."

---------------------
She rolled her eyes, at first not bothering to answer his question, because she didn't really know how to answer. Like... she didn't really know why she was there, except that inserting herself here and annoying the hell out of this jerk was proving to be a lot more therapeutic than at home, alone with, lately, a blunt -- she couldn't really stomach the taste of vodka on her lips anymore. He was providing some kind of distraction from her thoughts, and hey, it was obviously working because she'd only thought about stupid Trevor or anything else right before she'd started talking to him.

Ash dropped her hand away from his chest, her arms coming to rest across her stomach, as she looked away from him -- towards the wall, the ceiling, the floor. At the moment, anywhere but the guy in front of her, if she could help it.

"Look, I don't know, I just..." she shrugged, her gaze now moving to rest on his. "I just worry, I guess. And pretty sure if you felt harassed, you wouldn't just be like... sitting here all... shirtless." She waved a hand dismissively in his direction. "Put a shirt. Like, no one wants to see that."

And of course, his last words hadn't been lost on her.

"And I am not desperate."

---------------------
A smirk slipped onto Dalton's face as he watched her pull back and away.

Good. He liked his personal space, it was nice to have it back.

"You jumped on me before I could finish changing and you were the one who refused to leave." He pointed out as he slipped on his fresh shirt. "And given how quickly you jumped on me the minute my shirt came off, your words are hard to believe."

Now, what was he going to do with this stupid paint stained shirt? He didn't have a spare plastic bag or anything on him. There was always the option of just tossing it in but then that would get paint everywhere inside his bag and believe it or not, he was not that fond of mess.

"Anyway Miss Desperate," he rolled up the shirt, paint side in and put it back into his bag, "are you not going to leave or are you going to try and follow me again?"

---------------------
Honestly, the uncreative nicknames could stop at any time. Her eyes were actually starting to hurt from continuingly having to roll over... pretty much every little thing that Dalton chose to say.

"It's Ash," she corrected, followed by a soft sigh. Obviously, she was taking this question of his as a request -- as in, like, if he didn't want her tagging along at all, he would've just gotten up and left or something. And for the record, she hadn't even planned on talking with him for this long.

"I mean, since you asked so nicely..." Ash started, a sly smile sliding across her lips. "Where are we going?"

---------------------

"Nowhere."

That was a stupid question. Why'd he even throw that out there? He'd already spent more time in her company than he wanted to and he had no intentions of going anywhere else with her.

He wasn't some escort for hire and he wasn't about to be. That and spending too much unnecessary time with people could easily lead to misunderstandings about his thoughts and feelings on their part. He'd learn that lesson once long ago and he had no intention of repeating that mistake again.

Packing up the last of things into his bag, Dalton slung it over his shoulder and headed for the door, pushing it open and stepping outside.

He didn't wait for little Miss West or check to see if she followed but the small presence he sensed just to his side told him all he needed to know and had him rolling his eyes.

Whatever. He'd lose her before he got to the car.

---------------------

It was amazing how much drama one school could have. Seriously, every day was a new adventure into juicy gossip. Gossip that should, very obviously, be spread around. If everyone wanted to walk around here like they were hot shot celebrities, then they get everything that comes with it. Including the TMZ gossip news spilling all their dirty secrets. Now this wasn't a gossip girl anonymous type of deal, just a little...friendly pot stirring. Watching friendships explode, romances blossom, and people lie was great fun. The students of Hollywood Arts didn't need someone to add gas, they were already volatile enough. No, they merely needed a match, and Dahlia Nelsdotter liked to consider herself hot enough.

It was the end of the first day of the second semester. The school was introducing new students from abroad and giving the royal treatment. It was disgusting. Where was her personal tour with someone hot hmm? She had worked her ass off to finally get into HA, probably more than anyone else, and yet she was just thrust in with the rest of the losers like she was some nobody. Was she just a smidge too early? Was that the problem? A breath was taken to steady her anger as Dahlia imagined all the drama international students could bring. At least that would be fun.

The raven haired girl stopped dead in her tracks when she caught motion from the corner of her eye. Down the hall were two figures talking, one of which Dahlia was all too familiar with. Dalton. Her eyes narrowed and she moved carefully to a doorway so she wouldn't be spotted.

Who the fuck was that bitch with him?

Her teeth felt like they were going to shatter with how hard she was clenching her jaw. She wasn't sure what she hated more, seeing him sad, or seeing happy. Maybe she just hated seeing him in general. Ever since what happened Dahlia had the urge to ruin his life. Eye for an eye, right? It was only fair.

That blonde bimbo seemed awfully... interested in Dalton. Why? What was he offering her? Or was she just stupid? Dahlia pulled out her phone and carefully held the lens past the frame of the door and into the hallway. She couldn't really hear what they were saying but perhaps her phone could pick it up. Her thumb slid over the red square and a smirk spread across her face. She dared not poke her head out and see for herself what was happening, out of fear of being caught, but no one would notice half a phone peeking around the corner.

After a short while footsteps were heard heading in the opposite direction. Dahlia ended the recording and eagerly watched the playback. A wicked grin formed as she saw what she had captured. What lovely screenshots this video could have. She wondered if maybe they shouldn't be released. If not... well, that's exactly what she was going to do.

playing...
Let's Fall in Love for the Night
by FINNEAS​

this post was made in collaboration with
@Xed and totally not @PenguinFox and geminiy geminiy for da song

mentions
Gen for .2 seconds

º º code by ditto º º

MOOD: alive.

OUTFIT:
Nothin' special
INFO

WITH: Gen

MENTION: N/A​
ACTIVITY
TAGS
Livanna Moore
— Go Solo

If I sing somethin' you don't like
Am I the problem?

Applause, screams and cheers filled the stadium, it was so loud that it was hard to hear herself because of all the people that were chanting the lyrics along with her.

She was wearing a skin-tight outfit, see-through along the shoulders and the curve of her chest. It was gorgeous– clearly made to order.

Cause’ I think, I’ve been holding back, it's not what I wanna…

She’d finally made it and it was under her own terms.

If I show a little bit more skin
Already know what you're gonna think

it wasn't Nick’s suggestions of what she should sing, it was her setlist, her own music, her own doing…

Liv was here because of Liv, not because of anyone else.

She didn’t want… power.

Don't tell me what I'm gonna do, what I don't
I will decide what I will, what I won't

She just wanted to be appreciated– and when the crowd started to chant her name, it was like… a different kind of feeling. It was like a breath of fresh air and she was already addicted to that feeling, even–

“Liv?”

The voice forced her out of her trance and suddenly, she wasn’t in that stadium. She wasn’t on stage– she was in pajamas and a hoodie that was a bit too big for her, a hoodie that she’d been in for days.

It was Gen’s that was left at the hospital and Liv snatched it before they escorted her to the rehabilitation center.

“Um… yeah?” She said, and the woman across from her gestured to the few people in the room.

“Did you want to share anything? You’re going home today, isn’t that exciting?”

She was never really… talkative here.

Liv never knew what she was supposed to do, supposed to say, here. She felt like she didn’t belong here. In a room full of addicts despite being one herself.

Yes, ‘being one herself.’

She came to terms with it a few days after she woke up. There were so many people that tried talking to her, psychiatrists, her parents, her manager– although he wasn’t alone, her parents were there so…

He couldn’t say anything out of line.

He couldn’t say much of anything, really.

He just… pretended not to know she was on opioids, he pretended that he didn’t slip her some at Winter Fest or those few times when she was too nervous to go on stage.

She didn’t blame him.

She wouldn’t say anything either.

Liv didn’t say anything.

As they went on and on about how… they were so happy she was okay, how the psychiatrists had told her that substance abuse wasn’t going to… make her better in any way, she really doesn’t remember what they said.

All she remembers is that… she really, really wanted to find some pills.

Just erase everything that she was feeling. Pretend like none of this was happening.

Liv doesn’t even remember what she said to them, those few days were a blur.

But she remembered one thing, what she repeated to… just about everyone.

Her parents, her manager, the doctors, Gen.

“I’m sorry.”

And it always resulted in the same response.

“There’s no need to be sorry, Livanna,”

She tore her gaze from the lady across from her, looking down at her hands and picking at her unpolished nails.

Nail polish wasn’t even allowed here.

“As I’ve said before, you don’t have to share anything if you don’t want to, I just figured you’d want to talk about something, it’s your last day here so I figured…”

That she wouldn’t have to wake up and face everyone after what she shared.

Seeing her parents when she woke up, coughing on some tube that was breathing for her… the nurses came in and helped, and Liv just stared at one spot on that hospital wall. The paint was peeling and it revealed a darker color under the white, it was like… a stain nobody bothered to cover up.

She felt like that about herself.

Having your parents look at you like… you’re some broken thing that needs to be fixed, their gazes filled with worry and disappointment.

The few days she’d recovered there, the more they tried to get her to open up, ask why, push on it– the more she felt like that stain.

“Um…”

She wanted to say something.

Anything.

Her parents weren’t here, her manager wasn’t here, Gen wasn’t here.

Her parents had visited some, her manager had kept telling her to deny anything and everything that was related to drugs– because he cared about her, is what he said.

And it’d get her out of here quicker.

Gen wasn’t allowed here and Liv felt like she was losing her mind, how one mistake had led her into a… a medical prison for three weeks.

She was scared, though.

Because she wanted to talk, she wanted to spill everything that was bothering her, she wanted to talk about that voice that kept taunting her, that kept pushing her into these dark places she couldn’t get out of herself.

Three weeks.

Three weeks and Liv hasn’t said a word in these… whatever this was.

A support group?

Support what?

She felt like everyone was secretly judging each other, here.

She gets out today, yeah, but her parents were forcing her into some… sobriety alliance thing, so while she was leaving here… every Friday she was forced to attend another ‘support’ group with a bunch of people she didn’t know, and another lady who told her she didn’t have to talk even though she really, really wanted her to talk.

“I’m… excited to go home, I guess.”

“And what are you excited about? Do you mind sharing?”

Gen.

“I’m excited um…” Liv finally looked up, taking a glance at all of the people who were sitting in a circle with their… uncomfortable folding chairs.

“I’m excited to see my girlfriend,” She admitted, even though it wasn’t the entire truth.

They didn’t talk about their relationship, Liv knew it was a long-shot to get back together, especially with everything that happened in these last few weeks.

But a girl could dream, right?

It… was kind of the only thing that was keeping her together, here.

“Have you two been together long?”

No, not very long.

She shook her head, no.

“... About a year, we've had a lot of problems, I probably caused a really good amount of them with um… the… pills and stuff.” She looked up again, and nobody was surprised. It didn’t look like anybody was judging her. But… They were listening.

“And things were going okay before I… ended up here. And… um, I guess I’m… scared… not that.. There’s gonna be problems or something, I guess I’m scared that she isn’t…”

She thought about it for a few seconds, trying to find the words before she landed on…

“I just don’t wanna lose her, y’know?”

Most of them nodded in understanding, some of them looked away from Liv, feeling like the conversation had hit a personal nerve for a few of them.

“And what about your friends? School? Are you excited to go back?”

Her thoughts quickly traveled to Evie, Nate, Josie & Ronnie.

Nickie, too, but…

She heard what happened and Liv blamed herself for a really big part of her leaving. But… that night, it easily could’ve been Nickie in the bathroom, it easily could’ve been Nickie here.

She wouldn’t wish this on anyone, but in a really selfish way, she kind of wished that it was.

Not in a… oh, near-death experience evil thing, but…

At least she’d still be here.

At least Liv would still feel like she had a friend, like she had time to make things right, but it didn’t end up like that. Liv was here, and Nickie was… wherever she wanted to be.

And Liv had to respect that.

“I don’t think I have many friends anymore. I don’t think I had many in the first place. I’m not really… looking forward to seeing them again, facing what I said or did to some of them– I… care about them, and I miss them obviously, it’s just… I hurt them in some way, and I feel like they won’t be able to forgive me for that.”

Josie & Ronnie were in the clear, Liv hasn’t messed that up yet, but she felt like it was only a matter of time before she’d do something that’d ruin their friendship.

Like she did with Nickie.

And Nate, now, too.

“A lot of addicts struggle with forgiveness, Liv. But a lot of addicts also struggle with forgiving themselves. You still have a really long way to go, and going home today… think of it like a test.”

The lady stood up and handed Liv… a coin?

“It’s a sobriety chip. Normally we don’t give those out willy-nilly.”

Normally, Liv would have smiled at the usage of the ridiculous words, but not… yeah, things just felt a little… different now.

Liv played with the white chip in her hand, twisting it around.

24 hours.

She didn’t expect anything more than a 24 hour chip, since she was quite literally unable to get drugs from just about anywhere with the constant surveillance and minor prison she felt like she was in.

“If you can stay sober for 24 hours, you’re more than capable of overcoming your addiction–”

At her words, Liv instantly held it out to her.

“I’m not–”

“You don’t have to hide it, here.”

Liv swallowed, retracting her hand from the older woman, her dark skin somehow glowing in the ugly, fluorescent lights Liv was just about sick of.

“A word of advice. Stop living for other people,” She said, and this made Liv’s gaze snap to meet hers and the older woman put a hand on top of hers.

“Relationships are temporary, you’re stuck with you for life, it’s your job to make sure that… ‘life’ isn’t short. Don’t stay sober for someone else, stay sober for you.”
__

Stay sober for you.

For you.

Why. That’s all she wanted to know, she needed a reason, no, not a reason to stay sober– a reason for why…it worth it?

She’d never go that far again, whatever happened that night… it wasn’t her.

It was like Liv was… her own enemy, she turned on herself.

She was clean,

forcibly clean, but clean. That was something to be proud of, right?

That’s when she slowly began to realize that she was associating that feeling with someone. Her parents– or Gen– she needed to be proud of herself.

And… Liv was rarely ever proud of herself, but…

The brunette messed with the white coin in her fingertips, twirling it around a few times.

She could try.

Yeah, she’ll try.

All thoughts about surrounding herself was completely and utterly gone when she’d seen that car pull up.

Her parents were more than okay that Gen was the one that picked her up, Liv hadn’t really filled her parents in on the whole… relationship drama stuff. Just that they broke up and didn’t provide any more context.

Her parents were… those stereotypical suburban parents, loved america, Christians– well, used to be Christians, it was a whole thing. They probably still are… they just don’t really go to church anymore.

At least, not that Liv knows much anyway.

And the overdose had just been another indication that she wasn’t mature enough to be living on her own, but Liv had reassured them over and over that it’d been a mishap, it wasn’t her fault, and she wasn’t an addict– they didn’t really believe the last part, hence the whole… sobriety group.

But they agreed not to move back to Denver along with her, they’d actually gotten an apartment somewhere in LA for the time being.

Which Liv knew her manager wasn’t fond about, but if anything… that’d be enough to keep him off her back for a little while.

She wanted to avoid him– for as long as possible.

The sliding doors opened and Liv couldn’t have ran faster into Gen’s arms, practically jumping on top of her and wrapping her legs around her waist, her arms around her neck and squeezing her tightly.

Liv wasn’t very strong, though, so she was probably fine. “Hi.” She said, muttering into the crook of her neck.

Three weeks was a really, really long time.

Technically, it’d been two weeks and five days since she’d seen her, but even then… It was a really long time.

She pulled away from her just to look at her face, still being held by Gen, the first hint of a genuine smile appeared on Liv’s lips for the first time in weeks.

“Did you know that spider monkeys have their own hug? They… 'embrace intensely after a period of separation’ I mean, that’s because like, they’re reassuring they don’t have any hostile intent or something? But…”

She watched a lot of animal documentaries in there.

Liv would’ve settled perfectly fine for a marathon of disney movies, but clearly, they didn’t cater to addictions.

That was a joke.

See? She just needed her girl back.

Liv’s perfectly fine.

“I’m just gonna chill here, if that’s okay with you?”
__

Liv in fact, did not chill there because Gen had to drive– and Liv had to actually get in the car. Three weeks with hardly any conversation, Liv was a chatterbox– so naturally, she talked Gen’s ear off.

Explaining that there wasn’t actually any murderers in there, she was just being dramatic and they did some weird… arts and crafts thing that reminded her of kindergarten, but Liv wasn’t allowed to use real scissors, which totally sucked because and she gave up after that, because who the hell likes safety scissors?

Besides her small rant about that, Liv kind of found a bunch of random topics to bring up instead of just… talking about rehab, or… the OD, or…

She just didn’t wanna talk about it.

She didn’t wanna think about it.

She didn’t even show off her 24 hour chip, since… technically, it wouldn’t be worth anything until tomorrow, anyway.

If you made it that far–

No, absolutely not.

She was shutting that voice down right now. It had no business to ruin today. So, most of the random topics were to distract herself as much as it was to distract Gen.
__

Gen unlocked the front door and Liv walked into the empty apartment, the two bean bags across from the flatscreen, were plump and untouched, the kitchen not as clean as she left it, she let out a huff of an amused breath when she noticed that… stupid bounce house she ordered months ago was slowly running out of air.

There wasn’t a speck of dust and she looked at Gen, shaking her head.

Of course she appreciated it, but she didn’t want her to go through all the…

Her gaze flit to the hole in the wall that Nick caused, but Liv had never told Gen about that– Gen didn’t really know about anything involving Nick, and…Well, Liv didn’t really like talking about it, so.

She should probably shower, take all of… that place off of her, but…

She really didn’t want to, she didn’t even feel like doing anything except just…

Doing nothing.

Liv took a seat at the kitchen bar, two stools laid there and she flopped onto the seat, laying both of her arms in front of her and resting her chin on top as Gen placed the bag on the counter full of groceries.

And Liv just watched her, her gaze falling to her lips, her jaw, the crook of her neck and the way she seemed so focused on… Literally just unpacking groceries and the shorter girl let out a laugh because of it.

Domestic Gen.

It was a cute sight to see, something about it just… gave her a weird, fluttering feeling in her chest.

In a way… she wasn’t surprised that Gen was here for her, but… the other part of her was just in awe that this girl would go through so much trouble, to do so much work just to…

Take care of her?

It was like a reality check.

Like, no matter what happened, who they kissed, who they slept with, who hurt who, who yelled at who, who said what–

They would… always wind up here.

Here when the other needed them.

”Would it make things awkward if I told you I loved you, right now?”

Maybe.

Probably, Liv.

Just a little.

She wanted to say that… really badly.

But she didn’t.

Damn it, why didn’t she say it?

You still have time.

“What are you… cooking?”

She’ll say it.

Give her time.

Just a little time.
code by valen t.

MOOD:
Trying to Breathe Again

OUTFIT:
Gem, I'm Sorry

basics
MENTIONS:

INT:

Ezra geminiy geminiy

tags
TL;DR: Ooo crime!
tl;dr
Auguste

Tours had been fine. Tours had been great actually.

It was great. It was fine.

The ball of tension hadn’t left Auguste’s chest. And he was just… waiting for everyone to be mad at him. Waiting for his punishment to arrive - that he’d lied to everyone about everything about himself.

Just… waiting. Practicing harder than usual trying to get all of the nervous paranoia out of his system and failing miserably.

But it wouldn’t do to just stay idle with it all. And so when he’d finally gotten a day off from working himself to the bone a little bit of information had floated his way.

One of the hella rich people’s houses up in the mountains had been abandoned for whatever reason, which meant that it was open game for looters and trespassers… At least until the authorities caught up to the activities.

Now, Auguste wasn’t really one for looting. But, he was a big fan of the great outdoors, and he liked abandoned buildings. Plus, when he went out there, he could pretend that he was the heir to some rich family with no problems in the world.

All in all, win win for him.

Which leads us to where he was now, hiking his way up to the abandoned mansion with his good buddy Ezra Gray.

Y’know. For someone who acted so… Ezra, he was hilariously green when it came to anything that wasn’t sticking his dick in a bad idea.

It was kinda cute. If you squint.

But the nervous energy being emitted from his normally suave friend was starting to distract him from the beauty of the outdoors.

Birdsong and insects buzzing replacing the loud cars and the people and the claustrophobia of a city. And his probably friend slowly losing his cool beside him.

Yeah. Okay. This had to stop now, it was starting to make him nervous of all things. And if Auguste was losing his nerve, then they would actually be in trouble, now. Wouldn't they?

“So ehm… Is this your first time breaking a law?” He asked, trying to make a bit of small talk as they left the hiking trail behind in order to start trekking to the mansion. “You sound nervous over the text, no?”

A pause for Ez’s response. A glance back and a grin. “It’s okay to be nervous, you know. First time’s always the most thrilling.”

Throw that out there, try to make Ez a bit more at ease with the fast innuendo.

He immediately regretted it. Quick! Change the subject!

“Besides, the-the chances we get caught? Slim to none.”

code by valen t.

Genevieve Johannes

filler

filler

filler

filler

filler

filler

• home (filler tab)

doja cat

woman

“Hello, is this Genevieve Johannes?” A soft, almost familiar voice spoke through the speaker.

“May I ask who’s speaking?” Gen asked politely, a tired finger curling a piece of damp hair beside her face.

She’d hardly slept in two days, save for a few sacred moments of restless slumber at Liv’s bedside. No matter how much Eli and Ash and Cap asked her to come home, pleading with her to get some rest, Gen refused to leave Liv’s bedside until her parents finally arrived from Denver and forced her to leave so that she could go home and get some sleep, a shower, and something semi-nutritious to eat. As much as it killed her to leave Liv’s side, Gen had willingly gotten in Elias’s car. They had this handled.

Once she had arrived home, it was difficult to settle into normal life knowing that somewhere in that massive hospital was Liv strapped up to all sorts of machines and tubes keeping her alive. What if her parents left? Fuck, it broke Gen to think about the possibility of Liv being alone in there. All of these worries compiled until Gen was little more than an anxious husk. Eli had hopped right into his job, working hard in the kitchen to make sure that she was fed, bringing her skincare to her where she sat in her almost permanent spot on the couch, making her bed and making sure she was comfortable her first night home, even if it meant that he sat up with her until daylight broke just listening to her quietly cry in the darkness.

Eventually, exhaustion won and Gen did end up sleeping for a few hours. When she finally awoke, Gen dragged herself to the shower and was working product through her dark curls when the phone rang.

“This is Bhavna calling from Cedars-Sinai Medical Centre about a patient here, Livanna Moore.” Gen’s breath caught in her chest as she quickly walked into her bedroom to sit on the bed. Bhavna, she was the woman who had gotten her in to see Liv the night of the overdose. “Miss Moore requested we call you and let you know of her status..”

Gen’s mind took a second to process the words. “Requested?” Gen’s voice echoed. “Does that mean she’s-”

She couldn’t speak the words out of fear of some sort of cruel jinx.

“Awake, yes, and actually doing quite well, all things considered!” Bhavna spoke cheerfully on the other line.

Awake.

Doing well.

Liv was alive.

Gen couldn’t speak. Instead, all she could do was cry quietly as the smile parted her lips, soft hands clutching her cellphone to her chest as if it was a Holy Grail. Alive, Liv was alive!

“Hello, Miss Johannes? Are you still there?”
Shit. “Yes,” Gen quickly stammered as she put the phone back up to her ear, “yes, I’m here. When can I come see her?”

Bhavna’s soft voice laughed on the other side of the line. “She’s been cleared to receive all visitors so whenever you can get here.”

That was all Gen needed. Still in her pyjamas, hair still wet and leaving damp circles on the front of her tee shirt (well, Liv’s shirt actually, she’d dug it out of a box of stuff from when they’d been together in the back of her closet, it even still smelled like her), Gen pulled on a hoodie and grabbed her car keys.

“Thank you, Bhavna. Thank you, thank you.” Gen pleaded into the phone as she practically ran out of the house. “Thank you.”

──────────── ❖ ────────────​

Gen replayed that day over and over in her head for weeks. Specifically, two weeks, five days, eight hours. Yes, Gen had been literally counting down the minutes until Liv was to be discharged from the rehab facility on the other side of California.

The day that Liv had been discharged from the hospital and sent to rehab was honestly almost as bad as the night that she had overdosed for Gen. All that worrying, all that fear of losing her subsided when Gen had received that call and ran to that hospital to find Liv alive in her bed. But as quickly as she had come back, Liv was being ripped away again for stupid fucking rehab.

No calls.

No texts.
No visits.

Gen wanted to riot.

She’d been there when she was discharged, refusing to let her go until the last possible minute. It was only then that Gen took off her hoodie and handed it to Liv.

“Don’t forget about me in there, okay?” Gen had teased, though her heart was once again shattering inside her chest. “I’ll be right here when you get back. I promise.”

That was two weeks, five days, and eight hours ago. Now, Gen was rushing across the state to get to the facility Liv was at to pick her up. Liv’s parents had called her when they got word from the facility that Liv was ready to be fully discharged. Gen, naturally, had told them promptly that she was going to get her that Friday. Much to her surprise, there was little pushback when honestly, Gen had been expecting to have to fight for it. Nonetheless, Genevieve was grateful.

She’d skipped the last two days of school to go prepare Liv’s apartment. The second she had walked in was like a punch to the stomach. The place felt empty without her there, having sat stagnant and hollow without life for weeks.

That simply wouldn’t do. Livanna was NOT coming home to some barren place that had signs of pain everywhere, not if Gen could help it.

Thus began the ceiling to floor clean and the reorganisation and the personal touches. Gen had worked tirelessly to breathe new life into the place, everything organised and fresh for Liv’s arrival. Physically, she was exhausted yet somehow, she still had an abundance of energy that kept her up at night.

Friday eventually rolled around and Gen had gotten up extra early to be able to make a pit stop at a grocery store to grab Liv’s favourite snacks and some other items needed for the dinner she was planning to cook when they got back. To three different stores she drove to collect her items, eventually ending up with a trunk full of goodies and a body filled to the brim with excitement as she began the drive.

The rehab facility was nicer than expected, though still too medical for Gen’s taste. How was someone supposed to feel warm and loved in a sterile white world? It was beyond her and honestly, if she had known that this place was so damn cold, she probably would’ve kicked up some sort of fuss about it. Regardless, Liv’s time was over there so really, it didn’t matter.

Gen waited impatiently outside the facility for Liv to exit, keeping herself from calling the receptionist every thirty seconds to demand that they hurry the hell up with the discharge.

Every second seemed like a fucking lifetime.

Then, the front doors swung open and there was Liv.

She looked… healthy.

Gen rushed towards Liv as fast as Liv had run at her, Liv’s entire body weight flinging into Gen’s torso as she was enveloped in a wrap of arms and legs and a face buried in her neck. Gen squeezed back, two protective arms holding Liv close as she took in everything: the feeling of Liv’s body in her arms, the tickle of her warm hair against Gen’s cheek, the warm breath on the exposed curve of Gen’s collarbone.

Fuck, she’d missed her.

Liv pulled away and Gen quickly blinked a few times. No, she absolutely wasn’t crying. Definitely not. Through the totally-not-there tears was a grin, though, wide and beaming, matching with Liv’s.

“Did you know that spider monkeys have their own hug? They… 'embrace intensely after a period of separation’ I mean, that’s because like, they’re reassuring they don’t have any hostile intent or something? But…”

Gen burst into laughter, reaching a hand up to brush away some hair from Liv’s face. She needed to see everything, each feature of Liv’s face that Gen had committed to memory. Gen couldn’t shake the feeling that she was looking at a ghost, someone that she had convinced herself she’d never see again. Yet there she was, alive and bright and warm in her arms. She really couldn’t believe it.

“Are you calling us a pair of monkeys?” Gen giggled warmly, her smile somehow widening even more. “You know what, I’m not even going to ask. Doesn’t matter what we are as long as you’re here. I’ll be the most attentive little spider monkey the world has ever seen.”

Her eyes trailed over Liv’s face, Gen’s smile relaxing a little bit along with the tension in her shoulders. This was her Liv, the one that she’d fallen in love with so long ago. She was here.

“I’m just gonna chill here, if that’s okay with you?”

Gen giggled again, turning tail as she began to carry Liv across the parking lot. “You absolutely can but unless you wanna go back in there, we’ve got a long drive ahead of us to get you home.”

It had been quickly decided that Liv did not, in fact, want to stay and would much rather go home. Gen had loaded her things into the back seat of her car and thus began another long drive, only this time with her girl in the passenger’s seat.

There was no time for the radio, or for Gen to get a word in most of the time, but she really didn’t care. The sound of Liv’s voice was music enough, the tonality and her sweet chirp like Gen’s own personal symphony that she could never get tired of, even when the limited topic of rehab and the overdose quickly ran dry and was instead replaced with what seemed like nonsense.

Gen hung onto every single word.

Lugging the groceries up the stairs, Gen let Liv do the pleasure of letting Liv unlock the door and she stepped through after, carefully scurrying around her to get to the kitchen to put the bags of groceries down.

Getting the feeling that Liv needed a minute, Gen offered her a warm smile and pulled her coat off, placing it neatly over the back of the chair beside her before delving into the bags to fish out the items she needed to put away. Gen worked quietly and quickly, her eyes frequently flitting over to Liv, half expecting her not to be there when she looked. But Liv was there every time and Gen, for the first time in months, felt entirely at peace.

Liv slid into one of the chairs at the kitchen bar as Gen was pouring a variety of candies into sturdy glass dishes dyed in all sorts of colours. She’d found them at one of the stores she had gone to to pick up cleaning supplies and, naturally, she had to have them.

“What are you… cooking?” Liv’s voice softly asked, drawing Gen’s gaze up from the dishes.

“Nothing yet though,” Gen fished a sour gummy worm out of the dish and held it up for a moment before carefully placing it between Liv’s lips, “I will be making spaghetti. And before you get concerned about food poisoning or whatever, I’ve got everything covered and a pizza place on speed dial in case I fuck this up.”

Look, maybe Gen wasn’t the best cook ever but she had a few tricks up her sleeve to make this whole thing absolutely idiot proof.

Gen found herself looking at Liv for just a little too long, usually cold features melting into soft adoration. This felt right: being with Liv again, worrying about impressing her again, that nervous flutter of butterflies in her stomach, finding joy in something she hated doing simply because Liv was there. This was right.

Slowly, Gen reached out a hand to brush the side of Liv’s face, fingers resting on her cheek as Gen smiled warmly. “Only the best for you.”

Dropping her hand, Gen grabbed a pot from one of the drawers and placed it on the stove before flicking her hair out of her face and moving past Liv wordlessly to go down the hall and into the bathroom. As the bathtub filled with warm water, Gen sprinkled in a handful of overly expensive bath salts into the filling water and began to light the candles that she and Evie had talked about and Gen was certain had found the right number. With everything filled and the water warm, Gen grabbed her final touch, a singular brightly coloured tie-dye bath bomb, and placed it on the edge of the tub before going back out to the kitchen.

“Bath’s ready for you whenever you’re ready.” Gen spoke sweetly as she moved the pot to the sink and began to fill it with water. “You just relax, take it easy. I’ve got everything covered.” Gen didn’t sound so sure of herself but dammit, she was going to try her best. Turning back to face Liv, Gen raised a hand and playfully shooed her off. “I won’t burn down your kitchen. Scout’s honour.”

Gen was pissed. How she had managed to burn fucking spaghetti was beyond her. She’d literally had one damn job and yet somehow, she’d screwed it all up.

Fuck it, there wasn’t any time to be upset with herself. To her phone she went and called up Liv’s favourite pizza joint and placed an order, giving them an overly hefty tip to expedite her order and have it here within the next twenty minutes.

In the interim, Gen had still gotten everything ready in the dining room. She placed the bouquet of multicoloured daisies in a crystal vase and placed it in the centre of the table. Two plates of fine china, fancy rolled cloth napkins, fancy wine glasses filled with sparkling juice, too many candles lit and scattered around the room. Maybe the lighting wasn’t as ‘ambient’ as Gen had liked it to be as the sun had only just begun to lower from its position overhead but fuck it, it was good enough.

When Liv finally reemerged, Gen was carrying a box of pizza into the kitchen with a huff.

“Okay so turns out I still can’t cook,” Gen laughed softly, trying to ignore the guilt of screwing up her perfect dinner plans, “but I called up Colombo’s and got your favourite and we all know that we’d place our lives in the hand of Mr Colombo.”

Gen placed the box onto the table before moving quickly to the chair she’d set up for Liv and pulled it out, gesturing dramatically to the seat as she cleared her throat. “The throne for you, m’lady.” Gen spoke with a terrible British accent. With Liv settled, Gen slid into her own chair and gave Liv a playful wink. “Told you that I’d get good at that.” Her accent wasn’t good, not in the slightest, but was worth a shot. Gen flipped open the top of the pizza box and held it out to Liv. “Bon appetit.”

♡coded by uxie♡

MOOD: let's go, buddio

basics
MENTIONS:
Kian ( geminiy geminiy )

INT:
Kyūu ( qunqun qunqun )
tags
TL;DR gotta go fast
tl;dr
niamh foster
remi wolf - woo!
“Well,” Niamh began, leading the boy through a set of white double doors that led out onto a green space scattered with benches and tables under umbrellas and a half-glass foyer. “From what I can gather, there’s a few different cliques and groups, but the people at the top of them tend to stay the same.”

Niamh struggled to form an answer for Kyūu. She was aware of the social hierarchy at HA, but paid little attention to where she fit into it. There was no one that massively stood out as a Queen Bee or the like; all she had to go off was what she overheard on Twitter and who seemed to be in charge.

“There was a New Years Eve party, at a house some of the popular ones live in. People call it bitch manor, which says a lot.”

Niamh pointed at a building on the other side of the buildings, housing the visuals and aesthetics departments, prompting the boy to take notice. She continued past it and rounded the corner towards the back of the gym.

What? He said he wasn’t academic, and she knew exactly what he meant.

“I suppose most the Plastics students are pretty… up there. Most of them have that overbearing sense of self-assuredness and bitchiness that automatically propels certain personalities to the top of the food chain…”

Niamh approached one of the industrial dumpsters strewn about the back entrance to the gym. She slapped it purposefully, her ring embellished fingers clanking on the stainless steel.

“Now, here, you will find some good people. It may not look like much, but trust me, if you hang out here you’ll bump into someone likeminded in no time.”

She ratched both hands around in her pockets, producing a packet of cigarettes in one hand and her phone in the other. She unlocked it briefly, seeing a message from Kian in response to an offer of lunch.
absolutely. I’m on a roll so I’ll probably be in the mix room

I recorded a bit of a song this morning and I’m loving it

A wave of excitement rolled over her. She patiently waited out each day in the hopes of getting to spend even a minute of it with Kian, and was delighted to hear about anything he had been up to.

“Err… Kyūu… I’ve gotta… I’m sorry - it’s just - something’s come up.”

Phone still in one hand, she began back towards the canteen from where they had just came.

“I’m really sorry.” she said in a pleading tone, calling back to the boy now stood alone. This didn’t look great. This didn’t make her look great. Kyūu seemed cool though, he was smart and chill, and she didn’t really see herself as a key figure in his success at HA while she was still learning the ropes too.

She turned back once more, calling out to him with a hurried smile.

“I’ll see you around, okay? Come find me if you need anything.”

She chuckled once. “It’s all a load of shit anyway!”
code by valen t.

MOOD:
Nervous But Chill

OUTFIT:
Super extra and for what

basics
MENTIONS:

INT:

Ollie @PenguinFox

tags
tl;dr
Kyūu

Kyuu waved goodbye to his buddy as she left him to go… deal with her very important business meetings.

Man. Hollywood schedules must be super busy then, weren’t they.

Now. Uh. Period 2? Classroom… 1205. Where the fuck was that.

He left to go struggle to find his way.

-------------------------------------

Kyuu was approaching the parking lot that he’d agreed to meet his dealer at.

Listen bro, he was new in town so this type of thing? Kinda nervous. New dealer, new him. Or something along those lines.

Anyways yeah he was showin’ up at the garage, waiting for his dealer like a good customer.

Y’know. Hollywood wasn’t too bad so far. Like, he was fairly certain that he was supposed to have been scared off because everyone was, like, constantly mentioning to him how everyone was constantly mad at everyone but like.

Niamh was chill. Y’know? And like… this chick. Ollie?

Seemed super chill.

Probably more chill than the dealer he’d had before, anyway.

He thought, at least, that the people he’d interacted with so far were more chill than the people that he’d had to deal with prior.

Granted, that was a bit of a low bar to pass over, but still. Some people still didn’t pass over!

Anyways. Parking lot. Friday off. Wooooo

“Yooo what’s good.” He said, giving the girl a laidback little wave and a bright smile “How’s it goin’.”

He approached the girl and gave her a nice lil handshake

“You got it?“ Kyuu gave her another crooked little smile.

Yeah, he’d watched American crime movies. He knew one thing for certain: the more vague you made whatever crime you were talking about, the better people understood what the fuck you were tryna say.

And if you weren’t in the know? Then you were a narc. Yeah. That’s how this worked.

“I got the amount you asked for.” Aw yeah. Super vague. Let’s go.
code by valen t.

Zeph & Katya

This was...

It was hard, yeah?

Zeph had felt as if he was finally starting to make some kind of friend in the form of Katya -- and he'd liked it, he'd liked her, he'd liked having someone to spend his time with that wasn't his girlfriend, especially with how Lin had just... disappeared. But fuck, he hadn't expected things to go so... so wrong, especially so soon after said breakup, and he hadn't... well, he hadn't... you know... you know.

However, he was nothing if not a gentleman of... some kind. He preferred to talk things through, and it's not like he would've you know with Katya without there being some feelings there. He wasn't like half the assholes at this school that just fucked chicks without a second though (although Zeph was starting to feel more and more like them the longer time went on).

So he'd bit the bullet and he'd messaged Katya, and he'd agreed to talk when the school day ended, and now here he was. Struggling breaths, weak smile, trying to work out exactly what he was gonna say where he was waiting just outside the school. Every once in a while, he'd glance in the direction of the door, and he'd find himself a little relieved that she wasn't coming out yet, until--

Fuck.

There she was.

He sucked in a deep breath.

"I... hi," he said.

Off to a great start.

------------​

Katya wasn't presented with awkward very often. Despite just getting out of her "awkward" phase, she'd never really dealt with "awkward" situations before.

Usually, what would happen was that she'd cut their throats verbally, watch them squirm and struggle and then eventually admit defeat.

She'd never really dealt with "I had a hookup with my buddy and all of the sudden we're now having to deal with being friends woohoo."

That is to say

This was fucking painfully awkward.

Zeph really wasn't making it any easier.

Would it be rude to suggest to him an easy out? She could always just claim that sleeping with him was a way to show her independence from her father. A small little rebellion. After all, that is what she'd told herself going in.

No, that would be incomprehensibly rude. Especially considering that the poor boy seemed so awkward. So eager to please.

Alright. So now what.

Well, start with a greeting first.

Katya gave Zeph a tiny little smile, as Russian as ever. "Hey."

------------​

Pleasantries didn't last long -- a simple hello back and forth, and he found himself back to square one. Staring down a really pretty girl that he'd slept with after he'd had a breakup with his girlfriend because... he thought she was too boring. He swallowed a lump gathering in his throat. If this were any other day, perhaps he would've laughed at the irony of the situation.

Boring suddenly didn't sound too shabby.

"I'm..."

Normally, Zeph could hold a conversation. He could state what he was feeling, explain things with relative ease -- his parents had always pushed him to vocalize his feelings, and that was something he'd always kind of taken for granted. The ease of speaking, but now...

Well, heck.

"Katya, listen, I... I don't... you know normally and I'm... I guess I'm sorry?" He swallowed again, his mouth suddenly feeling dry. "I don't... sleep with people I don't... I don't have feelings for -- that I don't... like like."

Was that making any sense?

------------​

It was not.

Katya stared at Zeph confusedly

"... Right-Right. Yeah.... I wasn't aware that there was really anything to apologize f-..."

... Oh.

Oh.

Well.

"... huh."

Blank staring from Katya's part.

"I mean."

What did she actually mean.

... Well, she certainly wasn't expecting him to take the hard way. But it wasn't like she was displeased with how this was turning out.

He was... nice. And she liked... nice. Despite how awkard this entire onversation was.

"... Well... So... What do you want to do about that, then?"

------------​

... Katya was asking good questions.

What did he want to do about that?

About the whole... the whole... hookup and now thing. Like, he could've easily just pretended it hadn't happened, moved on and been done with this whole awkward thing, but he hadn't. Which had to mean something, right? It had to mean that it wasn't completely totally nothing, and it wasn't like he disliked being around Katya -- he actually quite being in her presence, but now with that question before him...

He'd just broken up with Stella.

What he wanted to say he knew wasn't going to be the right answer, but...

"Do you... maybe... I dunno... wanna go on a... date...?"

------------​

Katya made a small “hm.” Noise as she hid the very pleased trill that went through her with a careful placement of cool contemplation.

This sounded like a bad idea.

But when had she ever done anything by going with her impulses and her emotions?

Maybe it was time for a change.

“…. That sounds like it would be nice.” She said, with a slight nod.

playing...
Loneliness For Love

by lovelytheband​

this post was made in collaboration with
qunqun qunqun

mentions
N/A

º º code by ditto º º

MOOD: yessirrr

OUTFIT: clothes

basics
MENTIONS:
Lin

INT:
Winona Winona (Kalida)
tags
TL;DR no
tl;dr
Javier Cervantes
Break my heart, why don't you?
With Lin out of the picture and the general public forgetting about his baby cousin on the way, Javi could finally breathe a little. He had never expected such a drastic change to do so much good, especially because he hated change. As restless as he could be, the muscular bassist found peace only in the facts of life he could definitively count on.

For example, how fucking awesome it is to practice reckless endangerment. Tired squealed against the cracked asphalt of Hollywood's streets as he sharply turned a corner, simulating a racing game. What else would one do with the opportunity of a less busy street, especially for a Friday evening? A playlist labeled "MOTHER TRUCKER" blasted on the radio, competing with Javi's enthused shouting.

"Fuck L.A.!" he bellowed, laughing hysterically, "You bunch of limp-dick bitches!" By this point, the rickety, red car was entirely drifting along the corner, and Javi could entirely hear the wear and tear taking place on his rear tires. He glanced at his side, his features falling into a sheepish grin as he began to catch his breath. If this wasn't enough to make the British bitch shit her pants, then maybe she really was as hard as she claimed to be.

How novel was that? Javi laughed again, even failing to stifle the little snort that surged from his retracting and expanding throat. "Yo, dance girl?" he said with a lift in his voice, still chuckling airily, "I know I'm not allowed to call you Babs since that's your brother's thing, but everyone gets a nickname." He ran a hand through his messy curls, using his other hand to uncarefully pull into a semi-crowded parking lot.

"You're Kali, 'cause it's your name and also because I bought liquor for another girl named Kali last year." The sputtering car was silenced as Javi jerked the gear stick and pulled his keys from the ignition. The heavy keyring jangled, overflowing with mysterious, multicolored keys and a red bulldog keychain. At last, he completely faced the girl in the passenger seat. "And it's ironic because it's spelled like Cali and you're not from here." Ha! Another laugh.

He cracked a cheeky smirk and clicked his tongue twice, not hesitating to swing the car door open and jump out. Right in front of them was a grocery store, one of about ten thousand other chain locations. Javi loved messing around in stores at night. It was comfortingly nostalgic, plus they always had weird booze and cool toys in the back. And he also needed condoms and gum.

"C'mon, darling, we're going grocery shopping."
code by valen t.

Ashton West

It had been, like, what, a couple hours since she'd told herself that she was going to go out? A couple hours since she'd decided that she was going to roll out of bed, and she was going to get cleaned up, and she was going to head back to the fucking mall and return that stupid dress. Right now, it was draped over the stool by her vanity table, but Ash hadn't moved a muscle since she'd placed there.

Instead, she'd just... kind of found herself sitting on the edge of her bed, her gaze glued to the purple fabric. She'd tried to tell herself that not having that staring back at her every time she opened her closet would be good. That removing every reminder of Winter Ball, of him, would help her start to move on, and it was what she wanted. To be as rid of him as she possibly could be, and she knew it would be good, but...

It wasn't like that would make her completely rid of him. It would be a step in the right direction, sure, but there were still more permanent reminders of him around. Namely the necklace that she still had yet to take off since the Winter Arts Festival, but that she just... couldn't bring herself to part with.

Her gaze slowly pulled back to the clock in her room to check the time -- if she was going to do this, she needed to go, so Ash finally dragged herself up from the bed. Her steps were kind of sluggish as she dragged herself towards the bathroom to shower, get cleaned up and all of that, but... the idea of standing for that long in the shower was simply too much. So instead, the blonde just sorted through her clothes, grabbing out some things that she figured would look good enough.

Ripped jeans, the first pair of boots she could find, a simple enough white shirt. She yanked a green jacket on over it all and then turned towards the mirror in her bedroom, studying her appearance. Ash looked... well, no one would think anything of what she was wearing. They would look at her, presume Ashton West was doing well, and then look away, and that's... that's what she wanted. The only downside to this outfit?

The necklace. She couldn't hide it beneath the fabric of her shirt.

It was fine. No one noticed it but her.

With a heavy inhale, followed by a shaky exhale, Ash headed to the bathroom to finish getting ready. A brush pulled lazily through her hair, teeth brushed, makeup applied with precision. Of course, she'd been having to put more time into her makeup lately than she was used to. Like, Ash couldn't exactly remember the last time she'd slept well, and hadn't tossed and turned for half the night, which meant that, well...

There were heavy, dark bags underneath her eyes, and her skin had taken on a kind of pallid complexion. Nowadays, she felt like it took ages to cover that all up with layers of concealer and blush (or whatever the hell it was -- this rper doesn't do makeup), especially around her eyes.

Eventually, though, she looked well enough.

She put away the last of her brushes and then leaned back, her gaze studying her reflection in the mirror. Yeah, see, she looked fine now. And if she just... smiled. Yeah. She pressed a smile against her lips, just to test it out, and then she almost looked normal. Like, normal enough that no one would question a thing. Like, with that smile painted on her face, Ash looked just like she had before... everything had happened.

Before New Year's Eve, before Winter Ball, before the fall fair, before this stupid schoolyear had even started.

She let out a shaky breath, her gaze moving down to the sink. All Ash really wanted right now was like... like, something to calm her down, before she left. And normally, her go to would've been alcohol, but like... the taste of alcohol on her lips brought her back to things on New Year's Eve that she'd... not that she'd rather forget, just things that she hadn't approached, things that made her heart thud up from her chest into her throat, things that complicated everything further, that brought some kind of heat to her cheeks, and--

Beside her on the counter, her phone buzzed. She glanced over at it, only to see more missed calls and texts from her mom. A hand reached out, hovering over the screen for a moment as she debated between opening them, or continuing to ignore them. Ash knew exactly what they were going to say -- her mother guilt tripping over, encouraging her to thank her for "saving her career" following those videos, and the rumors that had gotten out. Especially the Trevor one, because apparently that hadn't painted Ash in any good lights. And her mother would rampage about Jace's new choice in hair, and she would complain about Ash's latest Instagram pictures, and she would lecture her on this and that, and she just... she couldn't handle it right now, so instead, she ignored them.

Ash squeezed her eyes shut. Shaky breath in, shaky breath out.

Her eyes fluttered open once more, and with a sigh, she headed out of the bathroom back to her bedroom to gather her things so that she could leave.

--------------------​

The ride to the mall had been uneventful. Heading into the mall had been almost uneventful, although she'd kind of caught someone taking a picture of her out of corner of her eye. Probably the paparazzi or whatever, trying to get pictures to sell to stupid publicists. She knew their game at this point, so she forced the faintest of smiles to her face so that they couldn't like... start more stupid rumors about her.

And then like, she'd managed to get rid of the dress with pretty much no drama. Just took it, said she no longer needed it, and that was it. It'd taken her a minute to be able to pull herself from that dress store, partially because of what had happened the last time she'd been here, and partially just because... leaving behind that dress felt like... leaving behind a part of Trevor or whatever. Something like that.

Like moving on, when she wasn't ready to take those steps forward.

Her arms moved back around her stomach as she stepped out of the dress store, a lump starting to form in her throat.

She still hadn't cried. Since the breakup or... whatever it had been.

One hand stayed wrapped around her stomach, but the other came up to fiddle with the little pendant as she started to head out of the mall, but...

Well, something stopped her in her tracks.

Or, rather, someone.

Everything in her screamed to run, to turn around and go a different direction, to cross her fingers and hope that they hadn't seen her, and she could head out of here completely unscathed, but...

Well, Ash never did do the smart thing.

"JJ," she greeted, a vague smile pressing against her lips as she stepped towards the other girl. "I... hi."

Yeah, she had no idea what to say. How to start this.

mood
fine, don't worry

outfit
bro I hate finding outfits

playing...
She (Cover)
by Marie Gallo​

mentions
Eli, Cap, Gen, Trevor, Ian, probably some others

interactions
JJ

tags