• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Hogwarts RP - OCs and Next Gen

promqueen

subscribe to dolan dark
Writer and philosopher George Santayana once said "Those who do not know history's mistakes are doomed to repeat them." If that is the case, then it truly seems the Wizarding World cannot learn from their own past. From Salazaar to Grindelwald, all the way until the reign of Voldemort, purist wizards have a history of bringing the dark underbelly of wizarding culture to the forefront, and with them conflict, fear, and often death on mass. Now, in 2014, it seems the cycle has begun anew.

At Hogwarts, sixth year Olba Rosier is raising some eyebrows. The Ravenclaw student is vivacious, proud, and determinedly outspoken about her beliefs...beliefs that are reminiscent of a few dark names that older witches, wizards and warlocks would be more than happy to forget. But for now, at least, she is only a student, and her name will not be widely known and feared for another few years. Perhaps, though, the Third Great Wizarding War is on the horizon.

This year, as does every year, brings a new generation of students to Hogwarts. Falling almost directly in the shadow of the massacre that was the Battle of Hogwarts, it is a smaller year group than Hogwarts can usually boast. There are some talented individuals, though - warlocks who will, someday, become something great. And something great, Headmistress McGonagall is realising, may be exactly what the Wizarding World will need.

~~~​

Hiya! So, as you could hopefully tell from the scrawl, this is a Hogwarts RP set in 2014. We will follow a new batch of Hogwarts students from first year until seventh, over a large period of time that will require dedication from you players. Things will start off pretty tame - the first year will have a slight underlying plot, but not anything world changing. By seventh year, the characters will be at war.

Below are a few very dot points that serve both as important information as to the mechanics of the RP, and a few rules as well. Please read them before you submit interest:

- You must have at least one first year student. These are the characters we're largely going to be following. Other then first years, there will only be some sixth year prefect characters available, for a plot more closely related to Olba than what the first years will be dealing with originally. I don't want much more than five sixth years, though, so you'll need special permission from me.
- You can play either OCs, or Next Gen characters. If you're going to have a character related to a canon one, please check that J.K. Rowling hasn't already revealed information as to that character's lineage. Most the Weasley-Potter line, for example, are set in canon. This information can be pretty easily found on that character's wiki page.
- Note that I'm not too fussed with canon ages, though; all characters older than the Albus Severus year are available as either first or sixth years
- Please keep some variety - both between gender, houses and OC/Next Gen.
- There will be four first year positions for each of the houses, bringing our character count up to about 21 including the sixth years. Having more than one character is encouraged to keep our player count more concise, but don't bite off more than you can chew. Four characters is the max.
- There won't be any reservations allowed, I'm afraid. I will be accepting completed/mostly completed character sheets in a first come first serve sort of manner, though be aware that characters can and will be turned down. I've seen too many RPs destroyed by blatant Sues.
- Finally, I am a very busy person, and like to deal with my workload in a methodical manner. Occasionally I get a week where my priority cannot be online. This shouldn't occur often, but if you choose to participate you should be advised that it will happen. I will warn you in advance, and the plot may slow for a slight period of time.

Find the Character Sheets here

FIRST YEARS
Gryffindor:

1. James Sirius Potter ( promqueen promqueen )
2. Midas Alexander Doherty ( PixieDust PixieDust )
3. Johanna Nicole Hayes ( explosiveKitten explosiveKitten )
4. Ross Starling ( RayPurchase RayPurchase )

Slytherin:
1. Arabella Lee Grindelwald ( Radio_Rat66.6 Radio_Rat66.6 )
2. Gabriella Chanel Zabini ( erzulie erzulie )
3. Anastasia Hannah Greengrass ( AI10100 AI10100 )
4. Guinevere “Gwen” Nott ( Maree Maree )

Ravenclaw:
1. Penelope Hartmen ( T Tinytiger28 )
2. Perseus “Percy” Clearwater ( Faye. Faye. )
3. Imelda Cassiopeia Doherty ( PixieDust PixieDust )
4. Margo Allerman ( Peach Tea Peach Tea )

Hufflepuff:
1. Dominique Weasley ( promqueen promqueen )
2. Ajax Boldon ( Calzy Calzy )
3. Ellison Mathew Sampson ( Kipsy Kipsy )
4. Flora Marie Doe ( Radio_Rat66.6 Radio_Rat66.6 )

Suggestions: Roxanne Weasley, Molly II Weasley, Lorcan & Lysander Scamander, OCs)

SIXTH YEARS
Olba Rosier (female Ravenclaw prefect):
promqueen promqueen
Gryffindor Prefect: Cassius Floyd ( Maree Maree )
Slytherin Prefect: Catherine “Cathy” Roselia Wright ( Faye. Faye. )
Male Ravenclaw Prefect: Gordon Weylin Goodblood ( AI10100 AI10100 )
Hufflepuff Prefect: Victoire Weasley ( PixieDust PixieDust )

Suggestions: Teddy Lupin, Fred II Weasley, OCs)

Last edited:
Also, sorry for all the questions, but will this be set in modern day? With cellphones and stuff? (I'm planning on making a muggleborn character)

Also, sorry for all the questions, but will this be set in modern day? With cellphones and stuff? (I'm planning on making a muggleborn character)
It begins in 2014, so all technology from five years ago will be available. Remember they don't work on Hogwarts grounds, though

I'm interested. I think I'll make two first years. One is one I've created a long time ago and she's kinda iffy on whether she could have actually existed, but I love her. promqueen promqueen

Is it art only for appearance. I don’t got a art pic only a real pic.
I don’t think I can do art
I'm not a fan of using images of real people, I'm afraid. It makes me a whee bit uncomfortable. If you go to Pinterest and type in a few features you'll likely be able to find a substitute, or otherwise you can just give a detailed description.

I’m interested in this RP! I’d probably make a first year Gryffindor and third year Ravenclaw if I could?
I'm afraid third years aren't available - information as to which characters can be made are in the dot points down the bottom. They hold some pretty important information :)

Calzy Calzy I'm answering in this thread rather than the CS one to keep things easy to navigate. It really depends what creature you want to use - I'd love some variety, but there's got to be some level of realism there too

Is it ok to join if this is one of my first roleplay experience or not
That really depends on your character sheet - we all have to start somewhere, and as long as I like what I see I'm more than willing to give you a shot

PixieDust PixieDust I really like your characters, and would be glad to have you on board. Before I can officially accept your characters, though, can I ask you include either drawn references of the pair or a detailed description. I tend to steer away from realistic face claims, myself.

I also wanted to mention that you may have overlooked height for these two characters, particularly in regards to Midas. 5'5 is very tall for an 11 year old, but if you intended it that way it's fine by me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back