• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Hoard of the Dragon Queen 5e (OOC)

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Woot!

First level characters?
Any class or race restrictions?
Book restrictions? Swordcoast source book good?
House rules on chargen rolls?

OK so let me tackle those

Yes level 1, for those new I will be adding a bit of help with character creation, so be patient.
No races with natural flying (Aasimar are cool given their flight is only for 1 minute), no Yuan Ti.
I will be going PHB +1. Adventurers league style.
And Chargen rolls?

And also for transparency sake I will be rolling things for you all to see. Given RPN's interface I have no way of properly hiding rolls without seeming shady. But I won't be saying what a roll is if you don't need to know what it is there. I will announce rolls like attacks and saving throws, alongside insight rolls. Or a perception to spot you.

Thinking of playing a Goliath Fighter, if no-one else will object.

Well, that knocks my Yuan Ti Grave Cleric out of the options for me hahaha
I’ll probably be my Wood Elf Life Cleric. Could always use a healer

jaydude jaydude - I'm fine with you playing a fighter.

I was just pondering playing a Cleric, but if you're taking it, power to you FatalForest FatalForest ! I always find playing one challenging.
I'm happy playing whatever and will fill in the slot for second Fighter, or a Thief or Sorcerer/Wizard.

CHargen rolls - right - do you want us to roll for ability scores and background stuff, or do you want us to use a point system or set of ability score numbers? (PHB pp12-13)

You've got me on the PHB+1 Adventurer's League Style. What does that mean? I can wait until you add to the character page.

Also, I just tried D&D Beyond (D&D Beyond) for the first time. Great resource for new and old players.

OK in real life settings for 5e most games run off of the concept of Adventurer's league rules. One of the most prominent is PHB +1 in reference to how you can take anything from the PHB (Players handbook) and one extra book of your choice. This rule was largely in place to avoid hyperly powerful characters.

And I have developed a Stat array for you all.

D&D Beyond is where I build all of my characters. Makes everything so simple

And dr xenon dr xenon you can play Cleric if you’d like! I just default to the role because no one ever seems to want to heal and I don’t have as much experience with Bard or Paladin haha

D&D Beyond is where I build all of my characters. Makes everything so simple

And dr xenon dr xenon you can play Cleric if you’d like! I just default to the role because no one ever seems to want to heal and I don’t have as much experience with Bard or Paladin haha
Nope - you called it and will probably do a better job with it. I have trauma from playing the Cleric in a Viking campaign and I had to decide whether or not to heal fallen party members depending on how glorious their deaths were. Very stressful. Much easier to just have to deal out damage or sneak around and steal things.

Alright sorry about the wait sheet is up, Also In the post above will be the stat array, no racial bonuses apply due to the fact you all are starting with somewhat higher stats.

heya glooomycinnamonroll glooomycinnamonroll - you have any thoughts on what you want to play?
Your first post claimed "newb" status and I'm not sure if that's just with D&D, D&D 5e, dice-based systems or something else.

If you want guidance I'm sure we're all happy to help.

For my part - with Fighter and Cleric claimed I'm likely to go either:
  • Damagy spell caster - Wizard or Sorcerer. I have a thing for Draconic origin Sorcerers.
  • Sneaky & Damagy - fighty-thief or thiefy-Ranger

I'll work up both and go with whatever the party needs.

Hey, dr xenon dr xenon , I kind of have a basic idea, but am kind of flexible in case.
Oh, my newb-ness mostly means that I have never played D&D before, but already did some character creation. Thank you, I appreciate it very much.
I was planning on a rouge, more on the skilful side than the attacking type, maybe ending up as an arcane trickster after third level (haha, no commitments though, until I see how everything turns out in game). Or I have an idea of a classic half-orc barbarian at the back of my mind because I heard that is kind of a good beginner class to start with. The first is probably a better character (more fleshed-out too) while the second seems more functional.

Bakuyoshi Bakuyoshi , thank you very much for the offer, but for now I trust that the occasional weird questions from my part and the PHB will be sufficient to get me started.

If we get any additional languages, are we allowed to have Draconic?

I treat draconic as a more common language, given the fact Draconic is largely used in spellcasting in the like.

For humans, since we don’t get stat bonuses, would we be allowed to run Variant Human and start with a feat?

I’ll try to have mine up tonight! I have my sheet on dndbeyond so I’m going to wait until I’m on my desktop to start transferring info. I’m also still debating between Changeling and Human, hahah

Users who are viewing this thread

Back