• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Since she was a large animal and was too big for the cab, the back of the truck was the best place for her to go...short of him coming back with a van with heavy suspension or a trailer to put her in. She sees that he is having some worrying thoughts of how to get her home and probably hoping no one would see them, namely her. Sometimes she saw humans cover stuff in the back of their...things that they got into...maybe he had a fur or something that she could cover up with?

She climbs into the back of the truck and tries her best to curl up as snug as possible but her head armor still poked out, "Do...do you have a fur or something to cover me with?", she asked before lifting her head to look at him. The sudden rumble of the black thing and its 'growling' scares her, she almost jumps back out to run to the empty cave! "What...what is this thing doing?! Is, is it angry? What did I do wrong?", she asks with great worry that somehow she had hurt the thing somehow.

Colby Brook

Colby thought for a moment-- no, he didn't have a blanket or anything. But, he did have a shirt that he was wearing, a button-up. "This could work," he spoke, unbuttoning it and placing it over her, which seemed to work quite well. That was until the truck starting had startled her pretty bad.

"No, hey, it's okay," he spoke quickly but soothingly. "I only had to start it up, okay? It's not alive or anything nor angry," he continued calmly. Colby sighed softly and ran one of his hands through his hair again, trying to calm himself also. "Are you okay enough for us to go?"​

Colby's reassurance, over the rumbling of the truck, helped to calm her down and she turned her head towards his voice, "Oh...okay." The dragoness had not had much exposure to humans or their contraptions, mother had always kept her away from the two-leggers as to protect her. As she remembers that she would not spend the night cuddling up to her mother and instead would be with her...friendly human...she sighs disheartened. Slowly, she looks back to where the direction of the empty cave was before nodding her head and then responding, "I...I think...I'll be okay." It's hard to get comfortable in such a strange and 'noisy' thing but she rearranges before finding a place to settle down, hoping the journey would not take long.

Colby Brook

Colby then gently pushed up the tailgate and said to her, "it's closed so you don't fall." Colby then went into the front and started to reverse the truck then onto the road. Colby then drove but took the backroads instead of highways. It took him about twenty minutes to arrive at the back of his apartment. Colby would then gingerly but quietly pull down the tailgate and whisper, "we're here, come on."​

As the metal though small 'door' is taken hold by the human and he lifts it upward from laying down, she tilts her head in response. She is about to ask him why he was bending part of the black thing towards her as to when he explains the purpose of doing so and that she understood, nodding her head. Her head turned to watch him return to the 'head' of the black thing and climb in, then shutting a part of the metal object so he didn't fall out. Humans were strange, getting into things and having them make noises somehow but still have control it seemed without a problem.

Suddenly feeling the black thing move again, only backwards and she going along with it, she finds the feeling of 'moving' without using her paws to be a little unnerving as it felt unnatural. However, going forward didn't feel as 'strange' and she decides to just lay her head down until they get to wherever they were going...both for comfort of her stomach and to avoid drawing attention. The soft 'hum' from riding in the back of the black thing was kind of 'comforting' in a way as it sent small vibrations through her body and kind of felt relaxing to her, letting her eyes close for the ride to wherever they were going.

It is only when the black thing stops and no longer makes noise that she thinks they were wherever the human lives, to which she is proven right as he comes to pull down a part of the black thing's back half. His quiet whisper is easily heard and when she is told that they were at his home, she slowly crawls out as her feet didn't quite feel so steady from being moved unnaturally. Still, she wasn't sick and so she is able to stand on her own before looking around the area again, coming to see that Colby's 'cave' was huge! Her eyes widen in surprise to what she sees before her, "Do, do you live here by yourself?", no wonder he wasn't concerned about having space for her to rest for the night.

Colby Brook

Colby watched her with some slight concern. He hoped he didn't make her too uneasy riding in the back of his truck. Colby did, in fact, take the back roads, just so he didn't have to drive too fast. As she asked him a question about his home he smirks lightly. "Yes, I do." Colby would then guide her up some stairs, then take his shirt back and put it on but not bothering to button it back up.

Colby attempted to check if it was unlocked, but luckily it wasn't. That meant none of his friends were there. Colby took out a keycard and tapped it on the doorknob, then opened it to reveal the inside.
apartment.jpg

As Colby led her to the entryway of his massive 'cave', she can't help but to wonder if it was the inside of her own home and this was just some huge disguise from the outside world. There were so many things that she saw and didn't understand, leaving her to just have to observe what Colby did with them. The way upward to what seemed to be a section of his home was a little awkward as it wasn't a smooth trail to follow or a set of rocks to walk on like she was used to in the woods, however she manages to do it.

When it finally came time to actually go inside a part of his home and it was turned into even more smaller sections, she can't help but to wonder why humans felt the need to have so many different areas. Dragons had a much simpler method of navigating their home cave; there was the main entrance, a place to sleep and eating was wherever with somewhere to drink water outside. Upon seeing the whole different way of calling a place home, she is utterly stunned at what she sees...there were so many questions, so many things that mother had not spoken of.

Slowly, as if she worried that her claws would tear through the floor of his home, she began wandering around with her eyes wide open to take everything in. What drew her attention the most though is the huge 'opening' for her to look outside with and yet she felt none of the cold air from the outside, making her curious as to what it could be. She decides that asking the multitude of questions in her head could come later as she just wanted to look at the view, "It's...it's so big.", was all she could think to say.

Colby Brook

Colby watched her as she started to take a look inside. Colby would then lock and close the door behind them lightly. "I know. I always thought it was too much for myself," he chuckled, a bit embarrassed of his huge apartment. Colby heaved a sigh and threw himself on the sofa. His eyes stared at the ceiling for a second before leaning up and looking over at her, "would you like to see the room you can sleep in?" Colby hoped she would be okay staying here for the night since it wasn't like her old cave. Well-- technically it wasn't even a cave. Colby would then put his hands on his knees and stood up.​

She didn't notice him shutting the door and locking it behind, her focus too much on the inside of the human's place to call home...well, namely the view outside. The dragoness couldn't help but to wonder if maybe her mother was looking out somewhere and hoping to return in the morning, maybe with a fresh deer or lion to feast from. There were so many 'glow bugs' below them but they stayed so still and she wondered if they were afraid of some predator, or were frozen from the cold air.

As Colby asks if she wanted to see what room she could use to sleep in for the night, she turns her head to look at him with a little smile, "Oh...yeah...I don't know if I could possibly sleep now though. Everything is so new, so exciting...I just don't know where to start!", for once her voice was not soft or timid, it was excited with the unknown. This was nothing to what she imagined humans to stay in or live like, maybe they weren't as bad as mother made them to be? Colby certainly seemed nice and he hadn't wanted to do anything but help her, maybe she could have mother meet him tomorrow?

Colby Brook

Colby felt a tad warmer when she smiles at him. Colby loves to help out as best as he can since he felt as it was in his genes to do so. Colby laughs a bit, "I know. But I just want to show you now so you'll know where to sleep." Colby motions to a certain bedroom to his right and opens to door, "you can sleep here." The room was just as open as the main room but not a whole lot of furniture since it was a guest room.

Colby gasped lightly as his phone rang on the kitchen table. Sam. His best friend.

Colby cleared his throat before answering, "what up, Sam?" There were muffled speaking for a few seconds before Colby nodded and said "bye".

Colby huffed and glanced at her, "luckily my friend isn't going to stop by tonight. But anyway, what would you want to do?"​

She can't help but to feel better about coming with the human, it was warm inside of his cave and there didn't seem to be any drafts for her to feel. Her only concern was not having a good night's sleep without her mother to cuddle up with and there was really nothing that could be done about that, so she would have to survive and suffice with what she was offered. As the human seemed amused with her being so excited in a new environment, she is glad that he isn't worried about having her accidently damage something. Colby's statement that he wanted to show her of where to sleep, when she did feel ready to do so, and wasn't expecting her to sleep right away is responded by her head nodding, "Okay."

As she comes to see the room that would be for her to use tonight, she nods her head approvingly as there wasn't much that she needed anyway, "It should be fine.", there was a floor to lay on and it wasn't cold like the stone of her cave. The bottom was actually softer, kind of reminded her to sheep's wool and it felt a little squishy too...kind of like damp mud but not dirty, "What is this called?", she points with her front left paw.

The shiny rock making a strange noise causes her head to sharply turn towards it and brace as if she was going to have to fight something, only she is again demonstrated that humans have strange ways of doing things. Her head tilts as he seems to be talking to the shiny rock and she wonders if he was a little bit crazy, only to watch him say goodbye to the rock...that was called 'Sam', "Does Sam always make that noise, so you talk to it to make it stop?" Colby's 'explanation' confuses her a little bit and she is about to question him about it, to when he asks if there was anything she wanted to do now, "Um...not that I can think of."

Colby Brook

Colby glanced at her as she questions about the floor in the room, Colby snickers a bit. "It's called carpet," he says and stretches his arms up. Colby then realized that she would have no idea of how he would just speak to an unknown object to her. Colby hoped that she didn't think he was crazy.

Colby kneels in front of her and shows her the phone which Sam had called from. "This-" he shows it to her by holding it flat in his hand, "-is a phone. It's a way that we can all call or contact each other. If that makes any sense." Colby then braces his knees and glances to where the outside was a bit visible from the glass sliding door. Colby called it his balcony even though it wasn't too high up. "Want to look out here-" he was then interrupted by a running noise from behind-- it was his dog.

"Bud! Hi!" Colby chuckled and pet his golden dog on its head. The dog then saw the dragon and growled a bit but then became friendly and padded over to her with tail wagging.​

When the human tells her of what the strange flooring was, that she was starting to like as it was softer than cold stone and definitely warmer, she smiles and pushes against it again, "It feels nice." Her head turns as Colby speaks again and comes to kneel at her side, explaining what the 'shiny rock' was actually called and its purpose though she thought it odd that humans didn't just call like dragons did. One big lungful of air and they could send their call for miles, it'd scare away rivals and put fear into prey all around them, all they'd have to do is wait for a response in return. She looks at the 'shiny rock', no - phone - was its proper name, again with a tilt of her head and wonders if the phone could do anything else but call his friend Sam.

Whatever the human was going to ask her, it was interrupted by another set of feet and the smell was canine...he had a dog with him! Dogs were used to hunt down her kind or to scare off their prey target so they would have to move on, they were pests as well to when it came for needing privacy! The dragoness turns toward the thudding feet and growls aggressively, baring her sharp teeth with a powerful lash of her tail to show she was not going to be attacked without consequences! As she was about ready to have to fight for her life and escape from the tricking human, the dog suddenly turned to the opposite attitude before coming over to her. She relaxes a little but is still weary in watching the canine for signs to trying a surprise attack and thus does not allow it out of her sight, its name apparently being 'Bud', "Is...is this, Bud, yours?", she asked.

Colby Brook

Colby watches and some fear fills his eyes as Sargotha looked a bit terrified as Bud came in. Colby sighed as they began to calm down a bit and Colby was stressed as he didn't want anything to escalate in his home or anything happens to the dragoness.

"Yeah, he's my dog," he says softly, trying to ease down his stress. Bud wags his tail at the dragoness again and goes padding back down the hallway into another room. "Sorry if he had scared you. He always pops up out of nowhere- he's friendly though," he spoke with a heavy breath. Colby stood up again and ran a hand through his hair once again.

"Like I was trying to ask-" he said with a humorous tone, "-want to come to look out here? It's nice."​

As Colby confirms that the dog - Bud - was his and thus lived here with him, she frowns in disappointment with a slow sigh. The human's apology to his canine frightening her is responded by looking back at him, "I'm okay...just, you didn't mention having a dog.", she is clearly not as amused as he is by the encounter. She really hopes that her mother returns tomorrow but, maybe Colby could come visit her...just without Bud tagging along.

The offer to join him somewhere else in his home makes her look past the human before asking, "Does Bud have to come with us?"

Colby Brook

Colby could obviously tell that Bud had made things a bit more uncomfortable for her and Colby hated that. Maybe he should've mentioned it beforehand? Colby had no thought about it at all. He honestly thought she wouldn't be startled by his dog. Colby sighs and slides open the glass door to step out on the wood. Colby turns to look at her as she asks yet another question-- he knew he'd have to get used to them.

"No, he doesn't," he replies gently. "Come," he says, motioning for her to follow along with him.​

She stops as the human takes hold of something and the sound of something sliding against another thing comes to be heard, a shiny reflection moving with it. Again, she has to count this feature as something strange that humans do and figure that just tonight she'd have to get used to it. Slowly, she comes to where the invisible wall had been solid before and puts her paw through the doorway, looking all around the strange structure before asking, "How was air not able to go through when you can move it?"

There is relief as she's told that Bud doesn't have to come along and is 'asked' to come along with him, she shrugs her shoulders a bit before following him outside. The air is no warmer than before but it was still nice to be outside for a little while, "Colby...do you have other friends that call on the...", she pauses to think of what he had called it and remembers, "...phone?"

Colby Brook

Colby watches her come and sits himself down on a leather-like sofa along with some more glass surrounding his property. Colby then spoke as another question came about, "it's glass. It separates the inside from the outside. Also helps keep warm when it's closed. But I can still get air inside." Colby fidgets his fingers and his gaze lifts up to look at his pool a few feet in front of them. It was so peaceful, still, and quiet.

Colby looks at her as she asks another, but it was about his phone again. "Yes, actually-" he says and shifts his position so he is now lying completely on the sofa, "-I have... Corey, Jake, and a bunch of other friends and family of mine."

Colby then sighed. He hated hiding things from Sam... he was so close to him...​

Now she knew three human things; phone, carpet and now glass, she was learning so much about his kind and feeling a little less intimidated by being in his home. When he explains the purpose of glass and that it isn't as airtight as it seemed, she wonders how that is possible as things should be shut or open...maybe propped halfway, she shakes her head to dismiss the question for now. As Colby seems to be nervous about something, the way that his fingers move so rapidly, she can't help but to wonder if he was worried about herself and Bud getting along. She doesn't want him to lose sleep over the two of them and so she offers to the human a solution, "I can have my door shut tonight, if you're worried about Bud and I."

While she waits for his response, he explains that there are more people he can 'call to' and she has to assume that they can do the same to him, "Oh...that's nice." She sees the pool as well and slowly approaches it from the side, examining the strange stones that were all around the edges as well as in the water too. The thought of going for a night swim was not one she had but she does notice that the water smelt different than the lakes she was used to, "It smells funny."

Colby Brook

Colby looks to her again, "it's up to you. I usually have Bud sleep in the same room as me or on one of the couches." Colby then realized she probably wouldn't know what a couch was, so he spoke again, "a couch is what I'm on, by the way."

Colby watches her as she examines the pool, his eyes calm. "Yeah," he says and stands up then sits down on the edge of the pool. "Let's just say it's not really freshwater. It's bleached, or something. It has something called chemicals in it to keep it safe, I guess."​

"I think I'd rather have him in the same room as you.", she said softly as she was not a big fan of canines though Bud seemed nice...for a dog that is...she looks to see the item he was laying and nods her head to its proper name.

As he explains why the water smelt funny to her and that it wasn't safe to drink, she shakes her head before responding, "I don't think chemicals should be in water to start with."

She looks back to the horizon to see the sun having set in full and thus now turning the day into complete night, "I guess we should try to get some sleep, mother might get an early start to come back to the cave."

Colby Brook

Colby nods as she says they should try and get some sleep. Colby somewhat hoped her mother would come back to their cave. Colby would hate if his mother had just disappeared out of the blue. "Good idea," he says as he leans up then gets to his feet.

Colby goes over to the glass door and opens it, holding it open so she could follow along.​

She didn't understand why her mother disappeared as she had either and hoped that tomorrow they would reunite, hoping that mother would have a feast for her trouble in being gone so long. Her head nods a little as she goes through the glass door opening before heading towards the room that Colby had showed her to use, hoping she would get some rest in. Once she is inside of the apartment, she is glad that it is warmer than the colder outdoors and upon coming to touch the carpet again, she can't help but to enjoy how soft it felt in comparison to the stone floor.

Colby Brook

Colby watches her enter the apartment and follows behind her slowly. Colby then locks the door behind him and stretches his arms up with a short yawn. "Rest well, Sargotha. I'll be in this room if you need me," he points to one of the nearest rooms in the apartment. Colby grabs some clothes so he can shower, he takes a quick shower before heading back to his room and throwing himself on the bed.​

A small smile forms on her lips as the human shows to where he would be for the night, "I'll try...you too Colby, thank you."

The dragoness heads to the empty room that was to be hers and moves to the back corner of it, looking for the 'right spot' to curl up in. A spot that seems harder to find than thought as she was alone and her mother was nowhere to be found, nor did she know to why it was taking her so long to return. Still, eventually, she does manage to settle down into a space that fit her 'just right' and curls up as to get comfortable for the night...hoping she would rest well, closing her eyes within a few minutes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back