• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy `✦ | π™π™žπ™§π™–π™šπ™©π™

comfortable

π™˜π™€π™¨π™’π™žπ™˜
font callfont callfont call
{Hiraeth}
fourth wing inspired.

lit to adv lit. app based.

action-adventure. lore heavy.

{he bids her come out and come home but deeper and colder she goes}
story
a7331dbb4e0369a762f0a85c4164c9fc.jpg
you can use any vertical ratio image
The candlelight dances by your bedside, casting flickering shadows as the bed creaks under the weight of another. Outside, a storm rages, and a flash of lightning briefly illuminates the room. Wooden toys clutter the floor, but you hope they won't mention the mess. "Tell me a story, please. I’m not tired yet," you plead, a knowing smile on their lips, their eyes crinkled with age.
Their calloused hands gently brush away stray hairs from your sleepy eyes."Which oneβ€”" "The one about the Dragons and Rayvns!" You exclaim, excitement coursing through you like lightning. You love this story, you know it by heart. Nestling into the crook of their arm, they begin. "Nearly forty years ago..."

Dragons and Rayvns clashed in the skies. A feud so deeply engrained within the beasts they could see nothing past the violent and hungry gnashing of their jaws. Rayvns, massive bird-like creatures with inky black feathers, rivaled dragons in strength and size. Their battles reshaped the land, forming the mountains that now grace the skies of Laceravian.
At that time, Dragons ruled the west while Rayvns held the east. Humans were but fodder to these beasts, consumed without a second thought. As war raged above, conflicts sparked on the ground. Laceravian's skies and land were covered in the blood of both beast and man, her lands never knowing an ounce of peace.
That was until the King of Haeloria, Valmar Alden reached out to their neighboring kingdom, Mahasura. Both nations have been at war since the dawn of time. Yet Valmar hoped they could join forces to eradicate the beasts that plagued their skies and find peace with each other. Valmar proposed an arranged marriage, as Emperor Kuroi’s son was close in age to Valmar’s daughter Cleo. A merging of bloodlines.
However, upon arriving in Mahasura, Valmar sensed treachery. With his dragon Darroagh, he thwarted an ambush and claimed the kingdom. In the midst of the chaos, the prince fled with Cleo disappearing into the mountains. Despite seeking peace, Valmar gained the east but in doing so lost a daughter.
Weeks turned to months, and Valmar refused to leave without his daughter. But she seemed to vanish, and rebellion began to simmer in Mahasura. Quietly rebels sank Haeloria ships that carried supplies and men. Dragon riders slowly began to make an appearance in the east, causing Rayvns and rebels to retreat further into the mountain.
One day as the sun set below the tree line, the Rayvns returned, led by Cleo and the Mahasura prince. As they pause in the storytelling, the storm outside rages on, reflecting the turmoil within. You tug on their shirt, seeking reassurance, and their smile breaks through the darkness in their eyes. "King Valmar and his dragon-backed army fought the rebels…"
For nearly forty years, the war continued. Until the prince of Mahasura surrendered, bringing news of Cleo's death. Grief-stricken, Valmar executed the prince and his army but spared their children. He marked them with inky magic tattoos, so everyone would remember who their parents were. Then created a royal decree that forced all rebel children to join his army when they came of age. Sending the children away to high-ranking families, or back-water villages further displacing the last of the Mahasura's children.
----
It’s been nineteen years since the end of the war, yet Laceravian remains pulled taunt with political tension. Carefully, with the help of countless Riders, wards weave over the entire kingdom of Haeloria. In a land that has never known peace, a new rebellion has been brewing under the monarchy, and quietly has garnered supporters. Their goal? To reclaim their homeland and overthrow the current monarchy. The Alden bloodline has remained in power since the kingdom of Haeloria was established and people have grown tired of their stagnation.
Especially as the recent boldness of the rebels slowly encroach on cities too far to concern the king. Many have suffered at the hands of the rebels or so the war college tells its citizens. Reports of dragons attacking cities and targeting government-protected buildings have only skyrocketed in recent years. Many turn their eyes to the leaders of the Darrogein military and the ruling monarchy. Between the recent attacks of riderless dragons and rebels attacking cities, the Darrogein military has been pulled extremely thin. Something sinister is brewing in the air and it’s not hard to see what.
A few weeks ago, just days before the Darrogein military began its yearly preparations to take on new cadets, an attack was made on the city of Stagon. The first official sighting of the rebellion and they sat proudly on dragonback. Draped in shadows, their new adornments of black leather and feathers made them unrecognizable. They burned the city, shattered its ward, and claimed it as their stronghold. Guarded by dragons and their riders, Stagon now stands as a symbol of rebellion, a thousand miles away but easily reachable by dragonback.
Two things are for certain:
1.The Darrogein military has traitors in its midst
2. If the rebels successfully bring down the remaining three wards, the kingdom will be in peril.
1/8
dragons
You come from an ancient line of beasts and yet you find yourself enlisted within Valamar War College. Whatever your past, you can only look towards your future now. Whether this is your first or second time attempting to bond with a rider, one thing remains true; your loyalty to your species is unfettered.
Regardless of this, you must remain hidden within the ranks. Silently watching to see who will meet your expectations. Something has shifted within the winds of The Veil, now tinged with the stench of humans. Younglings have gone missing.

0/4
haeloria
Discontent rests heavily on the shoulders of Laceravian citizens. It's clear that Riders are idolized so it’s no surprise you found yourself at Valamar War College. Or maybe it is? Maybe the only way to put food on your table is to sell your body to the Darrogein military. No better than a common whore, you stand in line with the rest of the suckers. With war nipping at everyone’s heels, you can only hope that a dragon will bond with you.

1/4
rebels
In hushed tones, tales of sacrifice and heroism by King Valmar and his great dragon have filled your ears since you were a child. Yet you and those marked by the false king, tell a different story. One of betrayal and dishonor. Now as you stand in ranks with those who sneer at your presence, you know of something greater in the works. And it’s you.

roles
GENERAL RULES
18+ roleplayers only please, I know a lot of us aren't comfortable writing with minors and I share the same sentiments. please be mindful of rpn guidelines. queer bipoc friendly of course.
this roleplay is NOT first come first serve. please do not dm asking for reservations for roles because i will ignore it. if you are accepted i will dm you the discord link, if you do not receive a dm by the deadline you have not been accepted.
discord is mandatory for plotting, updates, communication. i am looking for proactive roleplays who will keep the roleplay alive through plotting and active/on-time posting. i will be setting deadlines for posting dates, if you are unable to reach them, please do not be afraid to ask for an extension. deadlines missed without communication will warrant an interest check, and the next step is removal if i hear nothing back from you.
this will be a lit to adv lit roleplay, meaning I expected three to four paragraphs each post. make sure you're giving the people your interacting with enough to work with and not just interacting with yourself.
APPLICATIONS/CHARACTERS
i am looking for characters who are diverse in personality, do not give me water down versions of 'i want to be the very best.' or edge lords. i'm tired of it. give me characters that are complex, gritty, and morally ambiguous. give me someone to root for. there are two pre-set characters, while they are not vital, it would be fun seeing these characters come to life. take a look in the app thread if you are interested!
i am highly against interspecies relationships. aka no human x dragon. it opens up weird avenues in this roleplay and i really don't want to deal with half-dragon characters or the slew of questions that come with that.
a full cast will consist of 16 characters, i will allow players two characters, one rider and one dragon. you are more than welcome to apply for both but if this generates a lot of interest i will be only accepting one of your characters in order to get more people into the roleplay. once you've been accepted we will move onto an indepth character sheet. i will be accepting irl face claims that are period-accurate or descriptions of your characters.
this roleplay has a lot of lore, i encourage you to read all of it. while not mandatory i do realize it's a lot of information, at least skim through the sections that will directly affect your character. i would like to mention that if you notice any discrepancies between the lore and story...it's on purpose.
if you have read through the rules, tell me why it's your favorite.
Hello! Thank you for your interest in Hiraeth! I wanted to formally introduce myself as your GM. You can call me Comfy and I’m really excited to get this roleplay started! This is heavily inspired by Fourth Wing, but I've deviated quite a bit from the original story.
The main difference being dragons in this story can shapeshift between two forms: dragon and human. But this remains a secret carefully guarded amongst dragons.
The story will include a healthy dose of mystery, government-told lies, and betrayal on all sides. Violence and drama will be a major theme within the roleplay, along with situations that will test your characters' morals and ideals plus lovely the consequences that will affect your character. the roleplay's storyline will adapt to your characters and their choices (both past and present), so be mindful of connections to other roleplayers/past/lore you write.
As you will see, I have taken a different route for applications, as I don't care about the minor details of your character (aka height, sexuality, etc) at the moment. I want to see how you write, what/will motivate your character and to see if they will fit into this world. At the 'extra' portion of your application, you will have an opportunity to informally or formally give me your fleshed-out concept!
If you have read my gm notes, name your favorite fruit in the bottom of your app.

Last edited:
Omg I can tell you put a lot of work into the lore! I'm interested for sure! Looking to apply for a rebel rider!

This seems neat! I would be interested in applying for a dragon role.

I will get a placeholder up when our power comes back on, hopefully tomorrow.

My friend has told me i may be interested in this, I'll check it out when I can. I do love me some dragons.

salivating rn, this looks so good. going to put in a placeholder and properly prepare for this rp...scrumpdumpalicious

This looks so cool. I definitely might be interested if I can get any ideas together. We shall seeee (cause I do love me some dragons)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back