• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Heroes of Seira | Interest Check (Closed)

Should a table top RPG be used? If yes, what system?

• Yes, D&D 5e

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Yes, Fate Core

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, but I have another system in mind (Tell me here)

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • No

Votes: 5 55.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

StorytellerLathos

laugh hard, run fast, be kind
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Story
You find yourself walking through the forest again. You’re unsure how it was that you discovered this quiet neck of the woods but it's helped you through more than one tough spot. It's always brought you calm, but today you feel a strange feeling of anxiety as you find yourself going around in circles, in a part of the forest you've never seen. Suddenly realizing that you’re lost you take out your phone, no signal, you begin yelling for help hoping that someone nearby can hear you. Almost 20 minutes go by before you hear something, you walk towards the sound and find a small wood shack with a large fire in front of it. Near the fire you find the origin of the sound, a radio on a station that's speaking in a strange language you've never heard. You explore the area in the hope of finding the person who may live here, you see a cloaked figure sitting on a fallen tree eating something out of a can. They turn to face you, you are hit with fear as you see their skeletal face, you instinctively try to run away but you feel yourself tense as you lose control of your body. The skeletal being comes in closer and begins to speak.

"Hello there traveler. It seems you've found my simple hovel out here in the forest, how interesting. I thought I'd escaped civilization by staying out here in the woods but it seems you've proven me wrong. Don't worry about it though, I've been wanting some company anyways." They look into a large leather bag to their side and bring out a book covered in dust. "Do you like stories? I'm sure you do, especially one like this. It's of an ancient land, far from here and filled with all sorts strange magical creatures and legendary heroes. Unfortunately I've yet to find out how this story ends, I've spent years searching for its mysterious ending but the final part of the story still eludes me."

They take a better look at you and then suddenly move away from you, "I almost forgot to introduce myself, the name's Teller. I'm probably unlike anybody or anything else you've seen here in this world, but where I'm from my kind are an accepted truth of the natural world. I'm elated to say that you may be more than you ever thought you were. I believe you are the ending to my story, you come from my world, or at least someone in your family came from my world. I don't know which, how, or when but right now that's not important, what is important is that you can finish the story by helping my world. All you must do is go into the book, it will transport you to the Kingdom of Charnom, one of the lesser empires in Seira, where you can then help to heal at least one of the many woes facing Seira. I simply ask that you try, if you find yourself disliking this arrangement than you are free to leave when you wish, what do you say?"

You attempt to say no but you are unable to regain control over your body. Teller stares at you for a second before finally exclaiming in an excited tone, "Great, I can't believe you agreed! I simply cannot thank you enough! Anyways here's a few potions, scrolls, and weapons to get yourself started. Good luck!" Again unable to resist, you find yourself transported to a forest of gargantuan trees with bright purple leaves. Around you are a few other people, apparently others forced into the same deal. You find that you along with everyone else at this camp have been turned into various fantasy creatures and are fully equipped to fight. There is a strange sensation in your pocket, you check inside and find a small book with a message from Teller, "Welcome to Siera! In a little bit a friend of mine will come with a carriage to bring you and the rest of the group to the town of Relton nearby. I'll give you some more information when you get there. Thank you again!"

GM
Basic premise of this RP is that some normal people are transported to the fantasy world of Seira to try and help the current situation. The troubles facing Seira and its history/culture will all be revealed through the RP. Besides that, the only other thing to address would be the poll, I believe that the story for this RP would pair nicely with a table top RPG so I put a poll asking what system people would like to use and if people would even like to use dice in the first place. I believe that's all, if you have any questions feel free to ask me here or in a PM.

Links
Fantasy - Heroes of Seira | OOC

Last edited:
Seems cool. ^^ Ihavene er been a part of a tabletop role play, however.

You won't have to worry about that if it doesn't win the poll, but if it does I'll be happy to help anyone unfamiliar with the tabletop RPG.

I'm interested as well!
Great!

If you have any questions or have an idea for a character go ahead and tell me about them in the OOC thread or in a PM.

With a friend's invitation i'll be expressing some tentative interest. Have you ever heard of the term "isekai" StorytellerLathos StorytellerLathos ?
Nope, I've never heard "isekai", but a quick google search has given me the following definition:
"Isekai is a genre of fantasy anime where a character travels from the world they know to an unfamiliar one. Typically, isekai series will place a person in a magical realm of fantasy and/or terror, though occasionally it happens in reverse."
So it's exactly what's happening in this RP, thanks for the added vocabulary I suppose. If you have any other questions or would like to begin discussing character ideas feel free to go to the OOC thread or send a PM.

Nope, I've never heard "isekai", but a quick google search has given me the following definition:
"Isekai is a genre of fantasy anime where a character travels from the world they know to an unfamiliar one. Typically, isekai series will place a person in a magical realm of fantasy and/or terror, though occasionally it happens in reverse."
So it's exactly what's happening in this RP, thanks for the added vocabulary I suppose. If you have any other questions or would like to begin discussing character ideas feel free to go to the OOC thread or send a PM.
Alright, just wanted to know, since I do very much enjoy the genre, so I wanted to know whether to expect the tropes.

I don't see any links to an OOC?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back