• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Heroes of Prophecy | OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
You are 100% correct! Holy shit you actually tookt eh words right outta my mouth for that one.
Are you...are you psychic?
Have you cast Detect Thoughts?
Lol no. I just work the opposite way most of the time. My aim is to defeat the foe without killing them, thus keeping my moral sensibilities in tact.

Since the heroes can't hold other weapons, what would the lines for something to be considered as a weapon for this? Would potentially dangerous tools like kitchen knife, screwdriver, ice pick or hammer considered weapon? Would consummable hazard like a flask of poison or bomb considered weapon? Would something related or part of weapon like a gun's ammo or arrow considered weapon? Would random stuffs like glass shards or thorny vine considered weapon?

I posted Thaggrius. Gonna go try and work on the pretty coded version later, but i may just wait until i can get to my laptop again. Either way nothing will change in the coded version so it is ready. Let me know if i need to change anything.

Do we have a starting date in mind as of yet?

Since the heroes can't hold other weapons, what would the lines for something to be considered as a weapon for this? Would potentially dangerous tools like kitchen knife, screwdriver, ice pick or hammer considered weapon? Would consummable hazard like a flask of poison or bomb considered weapon? Would something related or part of weapon like a gun's ammo or arrow considered weapon? Would random stuffs like glass shards or thorny vine considered weapon?
kitchen knifes (or other culinary utensils) are considered just that, utensils, thus heroes can pick them up since their weapon doesn't deem them as weapons. ice picks, hammers, screwdrivers, or other similar objects are deemed tools, and as such can also be picked up by the heroes. one time use/consumable hazards, like poison or other liquids and bombs or explosives are able to be used by heroes. objects relating to weapons are a bit of a gray area. bullet wouldn't be seen as much use without a gun, thus the weapons would deem them able to be picked up, but arrows could be easily used as their own weapon thus cannot be picked up. as for random objects, generally these kinds of things can be picked up and used by heroes with no problem, even if they might be used as means of harming another.

a general rule of thumb for this, the weapons typically regard normal weaponry as a big no, so swords, lances, bows, ect., and most outside of this would be fine.

I posted Thaggrius. Gonna go try and work on the pretty coded version later, but i may just wait until i can get to my laptop again. Either way nothing will change in the coded version so it is ready. Let me know if i need to change anything.

i will have a look over it momentarily!

Okay so I thought about it a bit and came up with this (I can change it or pick something else if you don't like it) :

He can summon green flames that don't burn physically but instead affect someone's spirit/soul if they have committed certain sins. The amount of damage this ability can cause depends on the severity of a person's sins and with what kind of intention the sins were committed. For example, someone poor stealing a few coins to feed their children wouldn't feel anything while someone who killed people to become rich would be in enough pain to pass out depending on their pain tolerance. The worse the sin the worse the damage they take. This skill is an ongoing skill so he needs to keep feeding it power or it would fall apart in mere seconds. That also means he needs to concentrate so distractions would most likely make the skill fizzle out as well. Once the skill stops and if the target survives the damage could take a very long time to heal and still leave some spiritual scars (again depending on the severity of the sins/damage taken). One other side-effect is that when this skill is active it sometimes shows him glimpses of his target's sins which could also distract him if he isn't careful.

Also it would be great if I could write a shorter less detailed description into the CS if you decide this ability is okay so the CS won't be a novel long 🤣

P.s.: sorry for the disorganized description I wrote it in a hurry 😅

Okay so I thought about it a bit and came up with this (I can change it or pick something else if you don't like it) :

He can summon green flames that don't burn physically but instead affect someone's spirit/soul if they have committed certain sins. The amount of damage this ability can cause depends on the severity of a person's sins and with what kind of intention the sins were committed. For example, someone poor stealing a few coins to feed their children wouldn't feel anything while someone who killed people to become rich would be in enough pain to pass out depending on their pain tolerance. The worse the sin the worse the damage they take. This skill is an ongoing skill so he needs to keep feeding it power or it would fall apart in mere seconds. That also means he needs to concentrate so distractions would most likely make the skill fizzle out as well. Once the skill stops and if the target survives the damage could take a very long time to heal and still leave some spiritual scars (again depending on the severity of the sins/damage taken). One other side-effect is that when this skill is active it sometimes shows him glimpses of his target's sins which could also distract him if he isn't careful.

Also it would be great if I could write a shorter less detailed description into the CS if you decide this ability is okay so the CS won't be a novel long 🤣

this sounds reasonable to me, so go for it!

on another note, i finished my yldrir doodle so here she is
CuLWCJb.png

i can agree with this! immortality was something i was toying around with when making athanasius, though ultimately decided against giving him (mostly because of the background i wished to give him), so as long as there are possible ways around it/limitations (which clearly there are), then it's cool in my book
Great!
I'm done with the CS, but I dunno how to join the discord oof(can't find link ack)
....it's official. My perception is a -2

CuLWCJb.png
Holy shit that's great! I can never draw that well oof

CuLWCJb.png
Yldrir looks lovely. Well done, Kinda reminds me of old school Zelda, back when she was Shiek as well. :)

Side note, should i make CS’s for Thaggy’s kids?

Stella: Killed thousands, involved in creating magic nukes and do some torture for funsies
images - 2022-11-03T060946.653.jpeg

CuLWCJb.png
That's neat!

1667430946311.png

I am curious. These characters seem to be a bit morally conflicting. I wonder how they will handle a morally ambiguous plant man?

I am curious. These characters seem to be a bit morally conflicting. I wonder how they will handle a morally ambiguous plant man?
Mercy: On a scale of 1-10 how angelic are you? 0? How many innocents have you killed? 0? How many heretics? Many? MY GOOD SIR I SHALL GRANT YOU THE HONOR OF RAMPAGING BY MY SIDE!

Great!
I'm done with the CS, but I dunno how to join the discord oof(can't find link ack)
....it's official. My perception is a -2
i'll have a look at the cs asap! as for the discord i haven't made it yet and was going to leave it up for discussion if we wanted one or not

Cool! Also, omg your great at drawing!
Holy shit that's great! I can never draw that well oof
Yldrir looks lovely. Well done, Kinda reminds me of old school Zelda, back when she was Shiek as well. :)

Side note, should i make CS’s for Thaggy’s kids?
ahhhh thank you all so much! and when i was drawing her, i thought the same thing about zelda tbh lmao

and sheets for the kiddos would definitely be helpful

so many morally conflicting characters and then there's me with a former divine being who likely only killed as a means of war, a prince who is definitely a soft cinnamon bun, and well, athanasius was only doing his job, but it would be conflicting lmao

I will shortly post my second CS but please consider it a WIP since I wrote it while half asleep so I still need to double check and edit it 😊 but I think it has enough info so you can see who (if anyone) 's hero would like him in his team. I don't want to just put him somewhere without knowing if he's welcome lol. Don't worry if none of you want him in your group I can just put him into my own 😁

so i am a dumbass and never answered your question, but as of right now i don't have a starting date in mind. i was hoping to get all the hero slots filled along with at least 1 party member in each party before we started, but if that takes too long, we will start sooner then

so i am a dumbass and never answered your question, but as of right now i don't have a starting date in mind. i was hoping to get all the hero slots filled along with at least 1 party member in each party before we started, but if that takes too long, we will start sooner then
Not a dumbass, perhaps a Wise ass though lol.

Thats fine more time to Brainstorm.

Now i do have another question.

Does anyone need a Party member? I have a particularly SHOCKING candidate. 😏

Not a dumbass, perhaps a Wise ass though lol.

Thats fine more time to Brainstorm.

Now i do have another question.

Does anyone need a Party member? I have a particularly SHOCKING candidate. 😏
Why not?
As long as you're fine with the murder angel running headfirst into combat, what can possibly go wrong? /hj
Jokes aside, yeah Mercy does need a friend since her universe is sorta...ded

Users who are viewing this thread

Back