• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Heroes of Prophecy RP

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here

Ploegy

"The arcana is the means by which all is revealed"
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Prince of Zetha
Cassian Galahad
What could it be this time? Cassian could only imagine the things his father wished to discuss with him, thus making it difficult to pin the exact topic down. Ever since the arrival of the Divine Heroes a week ago, he had been worked harder than most would have anticipated. Part of it was his own doing, but the other part felt as if it was punishment given his decision to aid the heroes.

Honestly, he couldn't understand his father sometimes. It was their duty as the royal family to offer their aid to these strangers, not send them off to simply fight for them and expect them to agree. It was sickening to think his father thought in that manner. Still, he didn't have the means to oppose him, other than to offer himself up as a party member of one of the heroes. He wished it could be more than that, but pleading with the king was nearly impossible and most times Cassian felt as if he was merely speaking to a wall rather than another human being. It was tiresome. He was sure his father was aware of the strain it put upon him, but in his eyes everything was a test to prepare his son to become king someday. Some of it did do the teen good, but there was plenty that caused him to become bitter toward his father.

Sighing at the thought, Cassian slowly ran his fingers through his messy hair and looked out the large window at the far end of the throne room as he continued his wait for his father. Nothing seemed out of the ordinary, but that was to be expected. Despite what was happening around Zetha, the Obrua region was still rather peaceful. It was only a matter of time before that would change. He could feel it. The whereabouts of their guardian were still unknown and that worried the prince. Letting his mind ponder the situation too much though did no good on his psyche. All he could do was try to maintain a positive outlook on things and do his best to assure the people that things would be under control. He certainly did a better job of the latter than his father did, though he was certain the king would claim he had put his son up to it all if he was successful. While the thought was irritating, Cassian accepted it nevertheless. If his father wished to see him as a mere pawn in his war efforts because of his decisions, then so be it.

At the sound of heels clicking against the floor, the prince turned from the window and shifted his gaze towards the other end of the room. Emerging from a room just beyond the royal thrones was his father. Despite his arrival, Cassian didn't move and instead waited for the king to summon him forth. "Cassian," the older man's voice boomed out, sending a shiver down the young prince's spine. No matter how many times he heard his father address him in such a way, it never got any less anxiety inducing. It was funny to think it got to him given his own confidence, but it did. His father's voice had always been his best weapon after all. Even the prince could best him easily with real weapons, but when it came to speaking, that was where he fell flat. Brushing his anxiety aside, Cassian strode forward towards the pair of thrones. Once he neared them, he lowered himself to one knee and dipped his head out of respect. Most wouldn't expect a prince to act in such a manner, yet his father expected such from him.

"You wished to speak with me, is that right?" Cassian asked, lifting his head up to meet his father's gaze. The man's eyes seemed to stare through him, causing him to flinch ever so slightly. How had he even found the courage to defy him before? The prince still questioned it.

"Yes, I wanted to update you of the role you will be taking from here on out," the king stated as he seated himself in his throne. "As well as pass you information that will be useful in dealing with our current situation." He should have expected as much. His father was going to use him as a messenger whether he liked it or not. At least it allowed him the ability to fight for his people. That was enough for him to accept the role, despite the annoyances that came with it. Staying silent, Cassian gave a small nod of his head to acknowledge the king's words and signaling him to continue. "As you already have decided, you are aiding the heroes in the upcoming battles, specifically the one assigned to the Obrua Region. However, your duties as prince and a general of the royal army are still in place. As such, you are expected to still attend all roundtables and any other meetings that might occur. For your duties as general, I trust you will find good use for the troops under your command," the king rambled.

None of this was news to Cassian. If anything he had expected it all. The weight of so many things was already placed upon his shoulders. In some ways he acted more as king than his father did. Still, he wouldn't complain. "I understand. I will be sure to uphold my positions with the upmost honor, father."

Silence hung in the air for a moment after those words were spoken, leaving Cassian worried that he had overstepped. Instead, he saw his father rise and step towards him, reaching down to place a hand on his shoulder. It was rare for the man to do such a thing, thus a faint smile formed upon the teen's lips. "I know you will." Those words caused the boy to shiver once again. Praise felt good, even though it was only temporary. Feeling the hand lifted from his shoulder, the prince watched his father step back from him before signaling him to rise. He did so quickly. "Now, for the information I have," the king spoke. "The monsters from Gensain are at our borders. Troops from both region have engaged them, but morale is low. You are already aware of this much, however, rumors of the Wheyr Shor guardian have begun making rounds. It's likely our next attack will be from there, thus I suggest you keep that in mind while proceeding forward."

Taking in the information, Cassian gave a nod of his head. At least that was one thing they could see eye to eye in. While he had high hopes for their summoned heroes , he was more than aware they had no reason to fight for them and admittedly some concerned him. However, he couldn't imagine being pulled from their homes and expected to fight for another was an appealing thought for most. Still, he had to try and convince them the best he could. If not, he had to keep them under control the best he could.

"I will keep this information in mind, and try to investigate myself if I am able," he assured his father. "However, I do have some concerns. Some of the heroes, well, you saw them. What happens if they turn against us?" His voice was filled with concern. While heroes of the past hadn't always turned out to be good, the guardians had typically dealt with them. Without their aid, where did that burden fall now? Cassian wasn't even sure, and he figured his father hardly knew the answer either.

"That falls upon you, my son." Those words caused the prince's eyes to grow wide in shock. He couldn't even find the words to question such a statement, but it seemed his father had anticipated such. Seeing the king gesture towards him, or more specifically his sword, Cassian's eyes quietly settled upon his weapon. "You wield the Holy Crusader, thus the weight of protecting this land falls upon you. I expect great things from you." He could hardly believe what he was hearing, yet deep down, perhaps he had expected as much. The burden of the world always seemed to find its way onto his shoulders, and he was too driven to protect his people to say no to it. Still, how was one sword going to fair against what had been brought to this world? It was a question he would have to figure out on his own.

Closing his eyes, he bowed his head once again, hoping to calm himself. "Understood, father," he breathed out. "I shall take my leave then to reunite with our hero." Lifting his head, he rose to his feet and turned on his heels to face the exit. No words seemed to come from his father, even though he had hoped for something. He put the weight of the world on him and all he received was "I expected great things from you." It was irksome, yet he couldn't complain. All he could do was hold his head high and carry out his mission.

Finding his way out of the castle, Cassian let a deep sigh escaped his lips. A meeting like this hadn't been how he had anticipated to begin his afternoon, but not everything could go as smoothly as he desired. That was his life after all. None of it mattered in the moment, though. For now, he had one goal in mind, and that was to reconvene with Stella. Finding her was a whole different beast. While she was free to go as she pleased, he often came and went due to his royal duties. Over the past week, he had grown accustomed to needing to track her down because of this. Where should he even begin? The city seemed like a fair shot, but he doubted it was like her to stay put. Another sigh managed to slip from his lips as he rubbed his temples. Today really was going to be a struggle of a day.
Code By Nano

Hero of Gesnain
Yldrir
The last week had been much for Yldrir to take in, although she had taken it in stride. During her time as a Divine Dragon, she had grown accustomed to odd occurrences, although none had ever been on the level of this. It was baffling to say the least, yet upon learning that the magic that summoned her to this world choose at random, she could oddly understand. It at least explained why some of the other heroes had been... rather odd, even unfitting for such a role. In her eyes troubles were bound to arise with some of them, though she kept such concerns to herself. What the others did was none of her business after all. While it sounded as if they were expected to work with each other, their weapons had limitations in doing so. The prince had spoken of past heroes, and offered the information on them to those who cared. She had been one of those.

Her first few days had been spent reading over the documents and trying to understand them. Knowledge was power after all, and the more she could gather, the better. Unlike others who had been summoned, she wanted to be prepared for this world. Perhaps that was because of how she lived her life back home. Being among the commonfolk had never been a thing for her, thus this was a major change for her. Sure, Yldrir had given up her Divine status centuries ago, but upon doing so, she went to live in relative solitude. Occasionally a human would find her home and she would welcome them in, but beyond that, her interactions were limited. As such, she wished to learn what this world was like before taking off too far in to it.

Maybe her desire for knowledge had driven her too much in the first few days. Preparing for battle had hardly crossed her mind despite that being the very reason she had been summoned. If she had to be brutally honest, fighting was at the back of her mind. It came second to making herself comfortable in this new land. It was a selfish way to approach things, but Yldrir expected her summoners to understand as much. It wasn't as if they could control her. The prince hardly seemed like the type to try and do such a thing. While he was friendly, he too had his hands tied, forced to hope that she and the others would help his people. Admittedly, she respected him for that. He seemed far more capable than the king, and from her brief experience, it seemed as though the people of Obrua agreed with that.

After those first three days, Yldrir did finally part from Doncaster, making her way west. Travelers of the land had informed her that her journey to the border would take several days, and they had been right. Four days of travel and she finally had arrived at her destination; Accreton, a small village near the border shared between Obrua and Gesnain. The village hardly felt small though. Beyond the farmlands she had passed on the eastern edge of it were temporary camps. Tents lined the edges of the village, and soldiers moved along its cobblestone roads. What was once a peaceful farmland had been threatened by the possibility of monsters crossing over into their land. It was a sad sight, yet Yldrir hardly let such a feeling bother her. She knew how war was after all. She had fought in many during her time as a Divine Dragon, often fighting her brethren in order to keep her land and people safe. In her eyes, this situation was no different, only this time she wasn't fighting those of her kind, but rather guardians of the land. Doing such couldn't be that hard, could it?

Her view of the task put before her was that it was easy, yet the world was full of surprises. Even the easiest things could prove to be much harder than they appeared. In that case, she needed to be prepared for anything. She was alone in this, or at least in the current moment. Yldrir hardly was worried about that. It supposedly wouldn't be for long. Before her departure from Doncaster, she had been told she would be joined at the border. If that was true or not, she was unsure, but if it wasn't, she would figure it out. Adapting was part of things like this.

Continuing on her way, Yldrir's tail swished out behind her, and drew the attention of those she passed by. The stares of both the commonfolk and soldiers alike left her unfazed, and she walked on in a dignified manner. Their whispers didn't escape her ears though. Things like "look at that woman" and "is that one of the Divine Heroes?" were common among the people, and to be expected. It was likely there weren't many like her in this area, whether it was her dragonkin race or simply the way she was dressed. If the latter was true, then she suspected the rich from the city hardly come out this way. The question passed around was also of no surprise. The fans at her hip were a symbol after all, or so that was what the documents suggested. All heroes before her had wielded a weapon of the same type before. The only variance was how they looked. More times than not they changed to fit their chosen wielder, which was oddly convenient. She had no complaints. She had never used a weapon before, so she was glad they changed to fit her.

After several minutes of walking, the dragonkin finally found herself at the village's eastern edge, staring out towards the lands ahead. Beyond this point, she knew conflict awaited, though it seemed to be past the horizon which she could see. That was at least a good thing. She hadn't been sure if she would instantly be met by monsters, thus she was happy that wasn't the case. Standing in silence for a moment, Yldrir wrapped her tail around the front of her legs, letting it rest against the top of her feet as she examined the area. Her concentration wasn't for long though.

"Miss Yldrir?" came a deep voice from behind her. Turning her head, the dragonkin's eyes met that of the man speaking to her. From how he was dressed, she could only assume he was a commander of sorts, though she hardly had knowledge of how the soldiers of this world dressed differently from one another. "I am Yldrir. What business do you have with me?" Her voice, while calming, held a certain sternness to it, hinting that she did not want her time to be wasted. The man seemed to understand that much, though before he spoke again, he offered a polite bow of his head, one which she appreciated much.

"We heard you would be arriving soon and have prepared a tent for you," he said, gesturing off to the side in the direction which she assumed her tent was in. Nodding at his words, she lifted her tail once again to allow herself to fully turn to face him. "Do show me the way." With no hesitation, the man stepped forward, leading her off towards a small grouping of tents, all which seemed to be fancier than those she had seen previously. She could only assume those of high importance had been placed in this area. That was more than fine with her, though she hardly planned on staying for long. The less she stayed put in one area, the better.

Seeing the man stop in front of one of the tents, Yldrir stepped forward without a word and passed him by. The inside was simple. She had anticipated as much. It had all the necessities one would need, although hers lacked any kind of personal touch the others might have. That was hardly a concern. As it was, it would have to do. While she was sure she could demand better, causing a scene was not on her to do list. It was a waste to pressure for better when she planned on staying a short while.

"Thank you for this," she said, turning to offer the man a faint smile. "You may return to whatever duties you might have. I should be fine on my own." For a moment she paused and pondered her next words. While she was still uncertain if she was actually going to be met, it was best to make the people here aware. "Also, if someone claims to be here to join me, please send them to this tent. I do not know when or if they will arrive, but I was told as much upon my departure from the city."

"Of course, ma'am. We will make sure whoever it is finds their way to you," the man affirmed. His words were enough to caused Yldrir to turn away and move towards the desk that had been set up. "We left general reports of happenings in this area for you to read up on. Feel free to look them over when you get a chance."

Nodding her head, Yldrir took a seat before lifting a hand up to wave the man off. "That'll be all." Respecting her wishes, the man turned from the entrance of her tent and took off towards the village, leaving the dragonkin alone once again.
Code By Nano

"Let the Age of Gods end. Let the Age of Man never begin. Both are unworthy of existence in this languid world."
Mercy
Interactions: None
Mentions: Cassian(possibly), Obrua

1667402932684-png.1035807

All was hell. And thus, all was unfair. Yet, to Mercy, there is no sin greater than the sin of stolen innocence. There is no joy greater than the screams of the sinners who met their just end through the karma they brought upon themselves.
"Bear no arms, for they will be torn from thy hand by the gate of Judgement. Grovel. Weep. Perish. Embrace me, for I shalt be thy portal to the mysteries beyond this world, to a world where thou shalt never know thy end. Cut them down and make them holy, for that is thine duty as an Avenger of the Sky, an angel of the Earth, the Reverend Mother's own childe...." Mercy's monotone preaching could almost be mistaken for sanity if not for the dogged way she hunted down those monsters, the impossible strength that lent power to her wings as she bore through assassin blades and arrows, shrugging off poisons that would have killed a mighty man a dozen times. "For judgment is without mercy to one who has shown no mercy. For by your words you will be justified, and by your words you will be condemned."
This was all she was now. All she had been. All she ever will be. Assassins. Scum. Children of the lowest earth. Fit for none but the Light of Judgment, and the sanctity of a god that will never love her once more.
"It is time to begin your trial. The Evening Bell tolls thy name. Azrael, dost thou watch over me?" Half mad in her frenzy, the Saint of Treachery laughs, she laughs as the fool before her slices her arm from her shoulder, she laughs in her madness as the poor assassin thinks he's won. She is still laughing as her still writhing limb curls itself around his ankle and crushes the thin tender bone to shreds. Good. Perfect.
Beautiful! It is with absolute beauty and admiration that she watches his expression change from confusion to pain to sheer flat-out terror as he realizes this monster standing before him is one no angel had dared to face, a pawn no queen dared to devour.
"Mercy!" the angel barely registered this single plea of surrender, and nor did she accept it.
"Yes! Beg my name from the heavens! And if they do not answer, I shall! Fight! Scream! Writhe! Now is the time for execution. Your sins crawl upon thy back. A judgment shall be made. This is, the weight of your blessings. And this, the weight of your sin! Brace thyself, you shalt be released from your sins!"
Her judgement slammed down with the sins of the fathers, and the Judgement dealt justice to a sinner never to be forgiven. Had the assassin killed a lord? A corrupt baron? Does it matter? Does she care? No. He was no more. Never will be ever again.
No. Such trivial matters are beyond her. It was her duty as the Executioner to judge the sinners, and to execute those she deemed worthy of her blade.
Obrua. The capital of Zetha, this world she had been entrusted in. The assassin had claimed to come from there. Does it matter? No matter now, the assassin won't be telling her much more. She had visited it...once? Perhaps. Met...someone. She couldn't remember. It was all a blur of pain.
(TW: Gore)
Mercy ran a writhing undead hand through her wild hair, snarling at her reflection in the gathering blood puddle. Was some of it hers? Perhaps. Perhaps not. She truly couldn't find it in herself to care. The arm slithered from her blood-soaked grasp and writhed as she reconnected it to the stump, the limb reattaching itself with great difficultly.
Obrua. She should go there. Find the head of this creature, and see if it deserves to be cut off. To be destroyed at the root. Mercy left the corpse there, barely pausing to pick up the jewelled box he had left behind. Shows of his kill? She couldn't unravel this mystery in her frenzied state. She had to...to rest. To stagnate. She could not allow that.
Staggering in a drunken walk, Mercy forged on ahead, relentless, deathless. Tothana had resembled her own homeland, too much in fact. Monsters, such monsters....such glorious beasts. Mercy would feel sad leaving it all behind, no matter how short of a time. Such battles. Such glorious battles that made her feel alive, if only for a short while. The ice drake she had wrestled. The yeti she had crushed. The spirit wolf alpha she had judged and deemed worthy of her blade. And finally the frost dragon that had frozen one of her wings solid for three days. She had ended up tearing it off, burning the ice off and reattaching it with her regeneration. Wherever her endless journey will take her, she did not care. Tothana's natives had offered her directions, and Mercy even had had the chance to spar with some of them, leaving many confused and with far serious injuries than intended at the reckless revenant's strikes.
It would be best if she left them. Yes. Her very touch was bile, even sparring matches bode nothing well. It would be a true...mercy if she would leave.
Mercy whipped back at the sound of paws in the snow, her dead eyes aflame with paranoia. Her Judgement was already raised before she realized her prey was a pack of hungry wolves, having come to feast on the assassin's corpse.
Animals.
Grinning a savage smile, Mercy gave them a growl and snarled as she turned back, storming her way towards in a rough direction of this...goal? of hers. She would find the root of this corruption. She needed answers to her questions. She would find this guardian. And she would judge it.
Thinking, her sanity slowly returning bit by bit, the angel flew. She flew with blood on her feathers and a dead assassin's kill cradled in her arms, and a cursed lance of death upon her back. Mercy flew with the blessing of the heavens and the curses of the angels, the Divine 'Hero' of Tothana, the Northern realm where crops withered and monsters roamed.
Ah, Tothana. She would miss Tothana. Tothana, of the ice. Tothana, who dared summon her to fight this Gensain's Griffin. She would find this Griffin. She would find them all, and judge them worthy of her blade. And when that was done, she shalt judge this Obrua, and see if it is worthy of her rage.
"I AM THE SAINT OF TREACHERY. THE MOTHER OF LIES." She roared into the winter storm. "IF THOU WISH TO USE MY SCALES, THOU MUST PROVE THYSELF WORTHY OF MY RAGE!"
She had backstabbed her love, her commander, her Azrael. She had slaughtered her unit as they slept. She was the Saint of Treachery. And now, she was the Hero of Tothana.
If there is hell, I will burn it. If there is heaven, I will break it. If there are gods, I will slaughter them as they deserve!
Still laughing, the Saint of Treachery takes to the mists, her lance a shining beacon of rage and frenzy. Mercy estimated that she would arrive at the next settlement near sunset, when the night kills the day.

Last edited:
Thaggrius, Hero of Eblar
Interactions: Thamia & Kazrkin
Mentions: Cassian & The other heroes.​

499A3D45-A9E1-41AA-A512-2A231E8619D0.jpeg
Thaggrius truly found this world to be a strange and beautiful place. The moment he arrived he could feel the life force of the world, and it made his own home seem dead and barren by comparison. He soon became aware thats he was not the only one whisked away to some strange new dimension. He was but one of six, and what a six they were, admittedly he felt a bit out of his league, though he made sure to keep this to himself. He would listen intently as he was told of the plight of this world and how he had been called to provide aid to a people who sorely needed it. He had made his decision before the explanation had even finished. Even if he could get his way back home, its not like he could leave so many in need and still exist with any kind of pride in himself. As he continued to absorb the information his gears were already turning. These people would need a massive update to their resource pool and logistics of distribution. While most would worry about those about to be consumed in the fires of war, he knew all too well the dangers posed by the breakdown of food distribution, weapon stores, and building materials. These things could break a nation as easily as any army. And based on what he could tell just from the surface appearance and Magical aura’s given off by the beings here, that would likely be where he was strongest. After all, he was not some divine being, dark force, or another kind of Magnificent force of magical judgement. He was a plant, granted he was smarter than most plants, yet he knew combat would not be his strong suit…besides he had more than enough of war for his lifetime, but perhaps…as he thought a smile crept across his face. Now theres an Idea…he thought. The prince finished his explanation and Thaggrius was quick to list what he would need to enact his plan. He requested a map of the world, a more detailed map of this region of Eblar, As many tomes as could be given pertaining to the local flora and fauna, the climate, and of course the guardians and their past heroes. Even as he spoke a keen eye would spot a small purple flower blooming on his right arm, also a strange yellow growth begin to enlarge on his left temple.
<~~~>​
Thaggrius had left almost immediately after the requested documents and tomes were brought to him. He raised an eyebrow in confusion when he saw the servants struggling to carry in several sacks of books. Was this species so physically frail? No wonder they needed help. As if to confirm his theory a vine grew from his wrist to bind the sacks together and sling them all over his shoulder, the weight was hardly a burden. He took the maps in his hand and made no mention of his thoughts to the servants only inclining his head and thanking them with a slight bow. He was admittedly unnerved by their confused looks at him. Is courtesy a foreign concept to them? Again he kept his thoughts to himself and began to walk towards where the map said eblar was. Leaving the cities limits took him a little longer than he thought. While most people moved out of his way with wide eyes glacing at the rod he had been given as it poked up from the opposite shoulder to the sacks of books, however he did not speak to many people, he never asked one to move, patiently waiting until they either got out of his way whilst continuing whatever task they were doing or turned and saw him thus moved with the same Doe eyed gaze. Finally at the gate his growths had finished their collection one after the other. He ventured only a few meters from the cities gates before he plucked the purple flower, gently placed it on the ground and readied his hands before thinking better of it, and grabbing the rod. Might as well get some practice. He closed his eyes and began to shift his own magical aura until it matched the “frequency” of the rods, the same way he used magical weapons back home, it might not work the same way but he hoped it would. The sudden surge of awareness caused him to drop to his knees, he had long since grown accustomed to feeling the plants around him…but this was a whole new animal. Literally. He could feel it all, the grass, the birds, the Ants crawling through the grass, even the worms. When he turned his attention to the Purple flower he had grown, his nightshade, he tried to organize the Magic of the rod to perform the usual practice of spurring the division of cells that would turn his nightshade into a Sylvari. To his surprise he felt the Ants, Grass, worms, and birds nearby begin to fade out one by one all their life flooding into the nightshade spawning the Sylvari…but it was a bit different than his own birth. “What…Who am i?” the newborn Plantman said with a weak voice as it began guzzling its first sun rays. “A good question young one. You are my son, my firstborn. I shall call you Kazrkin, after my own Mother’s Father. As to WHO you are, well that is something we shall see in due time.” he held his hand out to the young Sylvari and helped him to his feet. “now come, we have much to do…and i don’t think we should awaken your younger sister here.” Thaggrius gestured to the guards and few civilians staring wide eyed from the gates.
<~~~>​
The trip to Eblar took a few days time. The springstep technique, one of the Sylvari basic tribal spells cut that time down a good deal, yet it still took nearly half a day for Kazrkin to pick it up, something which while shocking to Thaggrius, was nonetheless a factor that slowed their trek. At about the halfway point they stopped as the setting sun lowered their energy levels. This was for thaggrius the perfect time to grow his next Offspring. Plucking the yellow growth from the side of his head, now recognizable as a yucca fruit, he repeated the process he had done on The sprig of nightshade, this time being careful not to drain enough to kill the creatures he was using the energy of. His careful pace made it take longer, but this was a fair trade in his eyes for the lives of even the small creatures. After about two minutes the yellowish sylvari girl blinked awake groggily. “W-w-“ she tried to speak but with the sunlight being gone for the day it was taking nearly all she had to stay awake. Even Kazrkin had begun to drift. “Shh. Be still Young spout, rest until tomorrow morning. We have much work to do…” She seemed to be comforted and began to drift to sleep like her older brother, earning a smile from Thaggrius. “Sleep well child, Tomorrow we shall reach our destination and you…Thamia. You, your brother, and I shall plant for this world some seeds of hope.” With his new children resting thaggrius sat down and finally opened his sack of books to begin reading, only to chuckle when he realized he didn’t understand the language. He would need to find a translator, after all the humans of his own world had perished thousands of years ago, and while his limited magic allowed him to speak with any sentient species, that did not extend to their writings it would seem. “It seems ive already learned something…Damn those Rynoth and their Primitive minds. We could have learned this centuries ago if only those foolish stones wouldve written.” He would stand watch for the remainder of the night, making a point observe the stars, and comparing constellations to the map in an effort to make himself a better navigator, he wouldn’t sleep that night as was natural for him, for bamboo grows even in the Night.

Last edited:
Stella

Stella was quite furious when she first summoned into this world, and admittedly might had said something mean to the king. She was having a war on her homeland and she was supposed to be joining the main force within three days for the final annihilation of Kirzix Theocracy and their foolish crusaders. She's fully aware that she has many enemies in Zeran's court so unless she could provide something really useful upon coming back she might got beheaded for 'running away with the nukes'.

Fortunately she found it, the staff in her hand was a marvel that she never witness before. The crystal was brimming with otherworldy power that she couldn't explain. Casting a spell had never been this smooth and it cranked her power to the next level. If she could bring the staff back to Zeran then she would easily topple those old farts from their position and obtain the title of the strongest mage. So with the goal settled in her mind she would start her preparations.

Within seven days of her summoning Stella had left a huge crater in a forest just outside of the city from her repeated spellcasting test, drained the market of certain commodities (mostly chemicals) and flooded the market with pure alchemy-generated gold chunks. Apparently Zetha's economic stability wasn't her concern as she simply saw it as necessary sacrifice, besides, if the king didn't want to offers aid then he should at least be willing to clean her mess.

Now that her preparation was finished, Stella was excited to move on to the next step. For that, he wanted to bring that prince boy Cassian along. He had been a greater help than the king so she wanted him to join in the fun part. She planned to visit the castle looking for him after she finished her morning tea but it seemed she didn't need to as she saw him passing the inn she's currently in. Perfect.

"Hey, Cassian!" Waving at the passing prince, Stella quickly finished the rest of her tea before she jumped out of her window to approach him. She had a wide grin on her face as she talks.

"I'm ready. Let's go to Gesnain and blast the griffin. Oh, also, I'm going to take the corpse, allright." The last part was less of a question and more of a statement.

Ploegy Ploegy

"Be thee a king, a god, a beggar, it matters not indeed. For their hands are stained with sin, and it is with thine blood you must cleanse it with."
Mercy
Interactions: None
Mentions: Cassian(possibly), Stella(possibly), Zetha, Thagg(possibly), all heroes, Morgan
1667402932684-png.1035807

Sin. Filthy beasts fit for the slaugther. Yet she held back. It was unusual. It was irrational. She knew not where she was, only where she had been.
Monsters. Such monsters. Such crimes she could not forgive. Clad in bloodsoaked Tothana furs, the Angel of Ruin stalked the ruins of the shadows, a monument to all their sins. She saw thieves in every shadow and heretics in every shade. This power....this madness? Was it her god-given right?
Yes....she was blessed indeed. The false archangel of madness deserved her rage and hatred. Her spear blazed with power, such power, such madness, such frenzy, fit for the judgment of a king. A King of the Gallows. Should she ever return to that corrupt, broken realm, even the gods almightily would tremble before her. There was no place in hell fit for them, and thus she must guide them there herself, like lost lambs to the slaughter.
Seven days. Seven days of travel, of slaughter. Seven days she had beelined mindlessly towards her goal, to the head of this corruption. She must cut it off at the root should she judge it worthy.
Seven. Seven is the number of treachery. Yes, that was good, for she was the Saint of Treachery. Rumors traveled fast, rumors of a mad angel with a spear the color of divine judgment, an angel of ruin and devastation that descended from the skies to extract her tithe. Mercy was almost tempted to smite them down for daring such slander. How dare they whisper her name, her name that was earned through blood and tears. How dare they speak of her? Remember her deeds?
She is the Saint of Treachery. And she deserves no name save none.
And of course, there were other words. Mercy is not stupid. She has ears, an ear for sin and an ear for vengeance. Whispers. Whispers of a prince, a lich, even a visitor from the stars. A plant? No...that must be wrong. She must see them for herself. She must judge them.
She must judge them all. Faces. Faceless faces whom she had seen, and forgotten sluggish memories barely thinking. Had they met her? Does she remember? Only one broken memory remains. The memory of sweet-scented death, of lich-touch. It had spoken to her and she had stayed her blade long enough to listen. Sweet death. Someone. Had they spoken to her? She couldn't remember. Mercy must have fought and squirmed and fled like the maddened dog she was.
There was a city. Gates in front of her. She could blast them down. She could always blast through them. Sinners. She could smell their misery and sin from here. A dragon in Obrua? A griffin in Gesnain? Has it ever mattered to her? No. It never did. But perhaps back to Obrua. She knew how to fly there. It would be simple. Her judgment would be swift. Mercy must bring her due.
"Kneel not. Fear not. Cry not. It will not change thine judgement!"

Last edited:
"Everything of value belongs to me."
Morgan

Interactions: Ivory, Bane, Castoris
Mentions: All heroes, Stella
steve-zheng-albedo-small.jpg

They had chosen to come here. Unlike perhaps many of the heroes, they had chosen to answer the summons. And they were fine with her decision. Avalon can wait. Their beloved utopia will not rot in a day. And if it would, then they have failed as a queen.
Her scry spells were functioning fine. The Griffin would be a nice choice. Totally not simply out of her sheer ire at such an abomination's existence. It was infuriating, knowing such a beautiful majestic creature was there, out of her reach.
If one's beauty cannot be surpassed, it can always be destroyed.

"Ivory. Fetch my tonics. We have a target, a treasure to possess." If the corpse could be salvaged, and if the bones could be re-animated, that would be the best. But if it could not...destruction was always an option. "We might have company. But that will not matter."
An emperor does not concern themself with the opinions of the commoners. The banishment spell that had been subtly cast on that fallen angel(Angels...I despise them.) had been funny yes, if utterly useless. Sooner or later the Hero of Tothana was bound to bump into something, or fly back to Obrua when her paranoia wore off, no matter how frenzied the mad angel may be. "Castoris...the angel should be flying back to Obrua now. Her insanity will wear off before long, and it seems she has gotten over the shame of her existence. The Darling of Dante will not oppose meeting other heroes. A pity. It would be so funny to watch them tear each other apart." This land could rot. Let them suffer for summoning the Fairy Queen, Lord of Greed and Prosperity. "The Griffin will most likely fall before that burning girl Stella, but that, too, will not matter. It is, in fact, a good thing she and the foolish prince are not within Doncaster. It is the dragon I find interest in. Anyone care to explain why?"
Their golden eyes scold their creations, as mocking as always, like a cruel schoolmaster knowing there was no answer to his questions. Bane does not answer, head bobbing in her eternal grin, affixed to a skull. Ivory stares blankly ahead. Atlas, the third one, was nowhere near complete enough to reply.
"It is because it is underneath Obrua's castle." Morgan explains to the homunculi patiently. "And tell me...what happens when you awaken a beast beneath a castle?"
"You...no longer have a castle?" Ivory ventures.
"Well done, my beloved Shielder!" Morgan rewards the creation with a cold laugh. "And tell me, what happens when you 'save' said castle from said beast?"
This time, utter charged silence from her creations. "Why, we are heroes of this realm, is it not within our job to act heroic?"
"...but why the dragon? Why wake it up just to kill it-?"
Shielder knew she had lost when Morgan's grin widened to the sneer of a shark.
"Why? Why, you dare ask? Because it's fun! It's amusing! And for all I care, this realm can be torn to shreds! And for extra credibility of course. Let it destroy say...half of their beloved capital, and then swoop in to save the day. And besides...."
Idly toying with a strand of dark fluid from the chalice, Morgan considered their next words. "Besides, everything of value must belong to me. And if it cannot be possessed, it can always be destroyed. Castoris....care you carry out the honors of aiding my plans? One cannot entrust too much upon one's own creations, after all."

Peckinou Peckinou

Last edited:

* Silhouette * Shrill *
Location - Entering Military Camp, Accreton

Sil and Shae on the way...

Arrows fired out in quick succession, giving away her position in the shadows. But 2 direct hits into the foaming maw of the immense feathery great cat was well worth the risk. It fought valiantly to rip the arrows from its mouth but it would fail and it would die.

Wicked screeches from the bushes, cracking branches and instantly a red and black striped pair came crashing through. The lion sized duo leapt over their flailing feline comrade and rushed the shadowy crevasse in the rock face. One right after the other like wild, snarling lightning they mauled at the target hidden therein. But their strikes were merely empty swipes, the Armeti Huntress had 'jumped' to another deeply shadowed area neath drooping branches and thickets of broad leafy bushes.

A hand went up to wipe the perspiration on her forehead. Again she had escaped, but this game of cat and mouse was hers to lose; she was outnumbered. Yet she still needed to buy more time.

Yellow eyes narrowed and there she spied her next move. Into her billowing cloak of shadow went the Bow of the Huntress. And in exchange she pulled out her rope and slung it over a shoulder and diagonally across her breast. A slip knot she tied and positioned strangely onto her cloak. Then a pair of sizeble stones she picked up, one in each hand. A deep inhale she took and held her breath. Moonlit eyes glowed before rolling up into her head.

As she exhaled, she whispered, her voice low, too low to sound like intelligible speech. In fact, it sounded like she was mumbling in her sleep. In actuality, she was Communing with her spirit guide.

⁂Calls to beyond; The Whispering. It is the Huntress. I beckon and plead you to see me.⁂

⁂Huntress. I see you. What guidance do you seek...?⁂

⁂How is he, Crescent? Is Shader well now?⁂

⁂Desperation, child Artemi? Do what you must. He will respond.⁂

⁂Appreciation, wise Whisperin Spirit. I thankk'ee for guidance and to be seen by'ee⁂

⁂As always. 'Meow' go on. 'Paws' not...⁂

The slate skinned elflin bit down upon a dark lip to stifle her reaction. To no avail. Another inhale then she exhaled through a smile.

Two stones she tossed as hard as she could at the thickets beyond. The feathered predators wailed out their half-screech, half-roars as they converged on the clattering sound. The Apex Hunter for the Armetis sprinted as fast as she could to the rock face.

The climb was not so perilous as was the timing of what she needed to do mid climb. Chin tilted up, teeth clenched, she scrambled up the rock face as fast as she could. Yellow eyes narrowed as she calculated the distance to the top. A tilt of the head. She then calculated the distance to the opposite rock face that loomed over her cloaked back. Another tilt of the head, this time downward. Instantly she caught sight of 5 beasts tearing up the ground in full sprint to her location. They leapt up and began to swiftly claw their way up, nearly leaping a full body length with each pull upward.

The Huntress grit her teeth and dug deep within, willing herself more strength to climb faster. But they were going to catch her. Razor claws would rip at her legs, and drag her off the cold rock face. She would then fall to her doom.

No. This was not to be. On the surface she was called Silhouette. But she was still daughter of the greatest fighter amongst her Armeti peoples. There was only 'Black Before Failure.' It was now or never.

The Huntress srcreeched mightily as she leapt away from the jagged vertical surface, the sound of her voice bouncing off the rockface in front of her and behind her. In one fluid motion she pulled at her shadowy cloak and whipped it high up in the air, the rope attached to it, trailing a good length behind it.

^SHADER AWAKEN!!^

The black mystical fabric stretched away and out leapt a gigantic midnight hued beast, snarling as it flew across the expanse between the rockfaces. The noose caught tight around a foreleg, slack of the rope disappearing. Silhouette's cowl flew off her head as she was yanked upward, muscles bulging as she held on for dear life.

Wild swipes from the feathery monsters only caught air once more as they witnessed the Companion of the Huntress erupt into existence, impossibly made from the black billowing shadow itself. It was in full leap, their prey in tow, tied to it by a rope. They watched helplessly as the midnight great cat conquered the divide, forepaws easily catching the edge of the opposite rockface. It scrambled up, caught the rope in its huge maw and pulled their prey up safely beside it.

From the opposite rock face, the Huntress gauged the distance of the divide. Even with a running start the snarling feathered felines would not be able to make it across; the top of their side of the rockface tapered away from where she stood.

^Welcome back, little brother...^ said Silhouette as she nuzzled her face into his massive snout.

࿏How did you know I had recovered from my wounds? They were terrible, big sister.࿏

^I knew. How could I not?^ she spit, seemingly in distaste to he doubting her, but she spit as always and he was used to it. Another nuzzle then some fond scratches behind his ear, ^no need to dwell on that. The Griffin may know our whereabouts now. We need to rendezvous with V.^

࿏Agreed. Let's ride?࿏

^Let's.^

Silhouette straddled onto Shaders back and away towards the borders he ran.

---

Shrill-Sml.jpg
Did they not know who she was?

Great wings made from hundreds of thousands of bark-like fibrous strands tilted, armoured tail steering her around in a swooping half moon. They flew at her by the dozens; flying 4-legged, hawk-sized monstrosities.

For two more heartbeats, she held position, great wings flapping away.

To those that remain... you will know my Name... Into the air currents, the shrieks and clicks carried towards the squadron of flying terror. The sheer volume of her voice left no doubt in her mind that she was heard. And she cared not if they understood her Primal Speech. When it was over, the message would be loud and clear. And understood.

The multitudes of writhing tongues at the tip of her mouth retreated back into her throat. The array of mandibles that lined her armoured neck shivered, creating an eerie half-clicking, half reverberating thrum. Dark, dark eyes, pitch like that of a shark's, glinted. Her head whipped back then she shrieked out a tremendous battlecry, flying head long into the feathered spray of monstrosities that nearly blocked out the horizon.

When the monstrosities were within range, those dark, dark eyes ignited, erupting into the swrlling hues of angry magma. Her mandibles spread wide and the air in the hollow of her neck, her mouth proper, began to shimmer and undulate. A beam of shimmering, tumultuous vibrations shot out from her throat, hitting the middlemost area of the squadron of flying terror. Those that were not caught in the beam did not hear what Shrill noise was raging within it. Those caught in it wished they never did.

The lucky ones would snap back their heads as if slapped hard, and fall out of position to escape the beam's destructive, mind-melting cacophony. Those unlucky to evade the beam swiftly enough would continue forward until their body seized up in shock. Flapping wings would cease and they would fall from the sky like broken pieces of glass, meant to shatter upon the ground just like glass itself. And now there was a hole separating the squadron, large enough for such a beast as she to fly through.

And fly through she did. But she was not done yet. Midway through the hole, giant needle like thorns lining her body quivered, extending from her body. And like arrows fired from a quiver, the thorns shot outward, skewering at least a dozen with dozens of quills. Good luck pulling those out. And still she was not done.

Her spiked tail whipped side to side, skewering 2 of the 4-legged monsters like fish on a speartips. The ones that were punctured by her tail struggled to no avail; they were stuck. Those that were punctured quite badly by her thorny quills were forced to retreat. They needed to fall back and ground themselves to deal with such wicked new piercings. Perhaps there were 7 or 8 that remained aloft and unscathed.

For two more heartbeats, she held position, great wings flapping away. Then seeing the remaining monsters hold position, watching her with searing red eyes, she brought her tail around and snatched both flailing things from her tail spikes. Feathery bodies still flaling, she pressed them together like a sandwich. Massive claws held the the pair in place, splayed out like some kind of strange, wriggling warding symbol. Then with all her might, she tore them apart. The remains were cast haphazardly to the side.

࿏Now then. What is My Name...?࿏

Even if they understood, she did not let them answer. Dark, dark eyes lit up like a volcano. They turned to flee.

The Shrill beam fired at them. Again the Shrill beam fired. Again the Shrill. Again. The Shrill. Again. The Shrill.

She watched a heartbeat longer as the survivors returned from whence they came. Satisfied, she veered back towards the homestead and circled her way down.

The bodies had already been taken away. But the shed doors still held strong. No matter. She ripped them open in one go. The child inside pulled at ruddy, bloodied cheeks and screamed, trying her damndest to retreat even further into the hay. The array of mandibles that lined the Shrill's armoured neck shivered, creating an eerie half-clicking, half reverberating thrum. Dark, dark eyes, pitch like that of a shark's, glinted.

The child's big brown eyes widened even more than humanly possible and she began to blubber and cry. Litte dirty hands covered her face and she shivered right down to the bone. When she dared to look again, the tears and body-shaking sobs instantly stopped. Teardrops still inadvertantly fell, however, her jaw had dropped open in awe, big brown eyes dazzled with wonder, staring up at what she thought was a dream.

The voice in her head was the sweetest most harmonic thing she ever heard.

~This is our little secret okay? Ours alone. My name is V. What is your name, my darling...?~

---​

SilSml.jpg
Shrill had taken much much longer than expected to reconvene with Silhouette and Shader, but the results were well worth the wait.

The pale, brown headed child was nothing noteworthy. In fact, even a simple inspection told Silhouette that this child would not have been selected if she were Armeti and it should have been culled already. But still, beyond all comprehension, the 22 foot long spiked Shrill, equipped with mandibles and tentacled mouth, somehow managed to keep the little plump thing calm. And seemingly it not only complied, but trusted the creature many knew as 'The Screaming Doom.'

Yet upon seeing the Armeti and her giant midnight hued companion, the child froze upon the spot, big brown eyes the size of saucers. It was not until Shrill, Silhouette and Shader gathered and nuzzled warmly with one another in their familiar, affectionate greeting did the mini-human begin to breathe again.

The Huntress still recalled the words she had learned of the surfacers of Gesnain and that proved to be a boon, "Silhouette. Friend. Shader. Friend. Sha-rill. Friend. What called child?"

She had pointed to herself and to the others as she spoke, thick accent and rolling r's completing the alien sound of the surfacer language.

The child clutched the hem of her dirty canvas dress and proceeded to curtsy neatly. Then she held out a hand
, "My name is Savvie. Pleased to meet you--"

Instantly she recoiled as her hand was slapped away. Yellow eyes of the Huntress flared up, glaring like moons on fire; how dare a child of that status hold out her hand to the Apex Hunter to be kissed. She could cull the insolence of her right here and now.

Shrill reached over and tapped her friend, clawed hands and fingers working away in their own concocted sign language
, **Silhouette, please. Be easy. Human greeting: take hand, squeeze, shake. Child not insult Silhouette.**

Silhouette spat then nodded. Face placid, she stepped forward and reached out. Savvie winced. The blue-grey hand of the Huntress grabbed the child's small pale hand, squeezed and shook it up and down curtly 3 times.

"Surfacer greet. Up-down hands," stated the Armeti plainly, then she released the child's hand and held her hand out to the child's face, "child greet Armeti... best Hunter. Hand like zat. Lips like zat."

3 kissing noises she let out and the little girl giggled and nodded in understanding. Savvie leaned in and kissed 3 times the hand of the Huntress. The Huntress nodded in approval, recited passages in the language of her peoples and with the back of her fingertips stroked the ruddy pink cheeks of the girl, then pressed her palm to her forehead. "Savvie now... accepted to Silhouette. Happy, yes?"

"Yes!!" the little thing bounced up and down and clapped her hands.

ShaeSml.jpg
Shader moved in and stared down upon Savvie. He began to sniff her curiously, whiskers and fur tickling her, causing the girl to laugh and giggle. When all was said and done, his rough tongue licked her cheek then her forehead. He nodded at her. She nodded back and reached out tentatively, "Shader accepted... right? Ooooh... you are soooo pretty. May I stroke your fur...?"

The great cat understood the hand motion and leaned in. Brown eyes lit up like stars as she began to lightly stroke Shader's cheek. Soon enough she was cuddling his face as both hands scratched away at both his cheeks. A yowl of pleasure escaped his throat.

Silhouette and Shrill nodded at each other. They had their key into the garrison at the border.

---

A dozen armed men kept a good distance from them yet kept pace rather easily. Half had spears out, the others had bows at the ready. They did not aim at the Armeti riding the great black cat, nor the terrifying Screaming Doom. But if anything happened to that little Gesnain girl walking between them, they would attack in a heartbeat.

The girl had told them that her captors were 'her friends.' They had all done the 'accepted greeting' and that her new friends were taking her to safety to meet a great Hero. But when the men asked her to go into the custody of Gesnain's finest soldiers, she vehemently refused, stating plainly that as soon as she left her friends' sides, they would kill her friends. "Don't you know they saved me...?!" was Savvie's refrain.

And so here they were, marching along in a tense, jaw-clenched, slow pace, escorting the diminutive, cloaked Armeti and its dangerous mount, the massive waking nightmare straight out of children's stories, and their little pale hostage towards the garrison.

Savvie continued to sing the anthem of her peoples loudly and proudly, Shader and the Shrill seemingly bobbing their heads to the tune. Silhouette rode, face placid, spitting everyso often.

Cres.jpg
Finally the Huntress' demeanour shifted, yellow eyes glowing slightly neath the dark of her cowl as she nodded in greeting to Crescent, her spirit guide.

⁂Huntress. I see you. The winds. Do you recognize them...?⁂

Silhouette shook her head.

⁂Huntress. They are changing. On your world and on the Other Side.⁂

Silhouette nodded slowly.

⁂Huntress. The Hero is here. There is no turning back after this pact is made. Is that your true desire?⁂

Silhouette nodded once curtly, eyebrows knitted together.

⁂Huntress. Then your people will be lost to you as you have been warned.⁂

Silhouette waited for the humourous quip from her spirit guide. There was none. The gravity of The Whispering words suddenly weighed heavily upon her in that moment.

Her expression changed not and yellow eyes merely stared forward yet she held her jaw clenched tight. They closed in on the tents looming in the distance. Finally she spat.

^So be it...^ sighed the Huntress as she pat the neck of her lifelong loyal and trusted companion, ^Black Before Failure as always, little brother. Black Before Failure...^

As soon as she was overcome by the thrumming presence of the newly Summoned to Gesnain, Shrill's head tilted upward, letting out a series of tremendous roars. The miltary compound of Accreton would know the Shrill was here. But even more importantly, the sacred Hero Divine would know that the Shrill had sounded out a grandiose greeting, welcoming Ploegy Ploegy Yldrir to the lands of Gesnain.

Last edited:
Prince of Zetha
Cassian Galahad
As Cassian stood outside the castle, thinking of what he was going to do, he found himself lost deep in thought. Admittedly, his head was swimming, even though he was trying to force thoughts out. Maybe voicing his concerns to his father had been a mistake. His words definitely struggled to settle in his mind. Why did the burden of dangerous heroes fall upon his shoulders? His father seemed to suggest his sword was the answer, yet Cassian hardly found such believable. It was a complex situation to find himself in, and all he could do was accept it. Ever since the attacks had begun, so much had been placed on his shoulders, and the heroes arrival only added to that.

An act that was meant to lift the burden from his shoulders, had only sadly added to it. While Cassian tried to have respect for the "heroes" who had been summoned, and had even tried to give them a warm welcome, hoping that would ease them in to helping them, things couldn't always work out the way he wanted. The heroes were their own people after all, and had minds of their own. He hadn't expected to be able to control them by any means, yet he had hoped for people more willing to work with. Perhaps that was his first mistaken, though then again, it hadn't been his idea to summon these heroes. He simply had been given the duty to deal with them, for the most part at least. That job had gone rather poorly. The region rulers should have anticipated as much, as should have his father, yet they had failed. What a mess.

Sighing to himself, Cassian's fingers ran quickly through his messy hair in attempt to clear his mind. Such an action hardly brought his head peace, but the thoughts began to slip from him as Stella's voice seemed to reach him. Shifting his gaze, the prince moved it in the hero's direction. Seeing her hand waving in his direction, he forced a smile to frown upon his lips, although he knew it wasn't a genuine one. In his current state, he couldn't muster a genuine, though he hoped his companion couldn't easily tell the difference.

"Good afternoon, Stella," he greeted, lifting his own hand to return her greeting. Unlike him, she was clearly brimming with energy. Despite their differences in energy, Cassian found himself feeling grateful in the moment. Her willingness to aid them in their fight was what he really needed, even if her methods did somewhat concern him. Nonetheless, she was one of the heroes that seemed reasonable to an extent. If she hadn't been, the prince would have found himself going completely insane, and perhaps giving in to his father's desire of wanting him to stay out of the fight and command his troops from within the castle's walls. It would have been the worst case scenario. Fortunately for now, it had been avoided.

Hearing Stella's eagerness to get to the front lines caused a weak chuckle to escape from Cassian's lips. Moving his head to rub the back of his neck, his brows flattened in a mildly concerned manner. "I'm not sure we'd be able to take its bones back with us," he admitted, unsure of how else to respond to such a comment. "But I do agree that we should get to the frontlines. Travel on foot or even caravan would take us too long though." Pausing for a moment, the redhead turned to look back towards the castle, momentarily pondering a thought that had crossed his mind. Would his eldest sister mind if he called upon her demonic companion to aid them? Likely, she'd find it to be yet another reason to dislike him, but at this point, he hardly cared. Her bitterness towards him stemmed from him becoming the rightful heir over her, nothing more. Besides, her companion was used often by his father due to its magical portals. If his father freely could use them, then what harm would it cause if he did too. "I should be able to make our travel much faster though."

Showing no hesitation, Cassian lifted two fingers to his lips and whistled a sharp few notes. Thankfully, he had learned such from his father during the many times he had summoned the creature in order to get the two of them to where they needed to be. Such swift travel allowed the king to avoid any possible assassins easily getting to him.

A few seconds passed, and nothing seemed to change, but soon enough a beam of dark energy came from the castle and aimed before the teen. The beam quickly formed into a ball before Cassian until its energy burst out and took shape in that of a small, horned foxed with three-tails. "Hello, your Majes- Oh, your highness!" the fox greeted, clearly expecting to be summoned by his father and not him. "How can I be off assistance, your highness?"

Pondering over this question, Cassian lifted a hand to stroke his chin. "I'm going to need a portal opened," he stated, pausing again, his gaze moved to Stella. How far did she want to go? The border was a safe play and put them alongside his troops, as well as the Gesnain Hero, if she had arrived on time. However, the prince suspected playing it safe wasn't going to fly, especially if they had the means to go further. "How far into Gesnain are you able to bring us?"

This question amused the small, demonic fox and it waved its tails in excitement. "Oh, your highness! Are you trying to go in alone, just the two of you and play the heroes?! I would have never taken you for someone so rash!" Huffing at those words, Cassian glared down at the creature, immediately causing it to reign in its excitement. "My portals have no limits! You know that! Of course, I can't guarantee you'll be safe, but wherever you desire, I can take you!"

That was the answer he anticipated, unfortunately. "Well, Stella, where exactly would you like to go? I personally advise going to Accreton along the Obrua-Gesnain border, but if you rather skip formalities with the armies stationed there, then we can go further."
Code By Nano

Stella

"Aww, don't worry about small things like that." Stella swatted away Cassian's concern about the griffin's remain. "You just need to make sure that no one takes my sweet hunting trophies away. I need it for my future survival, and bragging rights."

After that Cassian performed a loud whistle and summoned a strange fox from the castle. At the sight of the creature Stella let out a joyful squeal, the grin on her face became even wider. If there's something that Stella always loves, it would be small animals, whether it's a regular cat, beautiful bird or 100-legged large spider.

"Well, no need to rush. Let's go to Accreton and boost some morale there. More importantly though, you never told me that you have a cute teleporter like this." She's obviously referring to the three tailed fox as she admired the creature.

"I WANT one. Hey, Cass, give me my own fox teleporter."

Ploegy Ploegy

Ahmi - Hero of Wheyr Shor
Location - Ahmi's homebase, 30 min walk from Doveport.

Gunmother.jpg
An extended sigh born from only the utmost of pleasure.

Head tilted back, hazel eyes followed the wispy strands of vapour as they rose up above her head and dissipated. She blinked then focussed on the mythical blue hue of the expanse of sky above her. Both tan and tattooed arms were spread wide, forearms resting upon the wet damp rocks, hands tapping away, caught in a gentle vibe. Her toes breached the surface of the roiling, steamy waters, heels resting upon a naturally formed footrest neath the surface. She readjusted her lounging position and dipped her braids into the hot spring water, submerging the back of her head all the way until just the tips of the ears. A bit of a grandiose, water spraying headshake after she sat up once more. Another sigh.

"Daaaaang... this place is... amaaaaaazing...." white teeth flashed as she smiled, hazel eyes fluttering close.

Yet despite being fully relaxed, a few heartbeats later, the memory of recent events could not help but run through her mind.

---​

It was as if some overlording, ominpowerful villain had willed it and just snapped their fingers; she had been blipped away from the confines of her freighter. Mid star jump too. At least the rest of the crew could chalk up her disappearance to being too close to the jumpdrive. Maybe not, but whatever the case, when she arrived in that 'circle jerk of Summoners' or whatever the hell that meeting was supposed to be she was pissed. After finding out that the 6 of them were basically conscripted into a war with no proper battle plan nor issued any battalions proper, she knew that this 'saviour from beyond' technique was doomed right from the start.

And these 'summoned' were suppose to be the 'Heroes' for this Zetha place? After getting the lowdown on the 'summoned', undoubtedly they could not even scrape the bottom of a barrel labelled 'What does it mean to be a Hero'. Ahmi shook her head, deeming such desperation was going to get this world exactly what it deserved; nothing. Military compound? Hell no, it was just a Fancy-assed archaic terran house with no bot defense nor presence. They were not even given a proper load out?! All she was given was a single weapon and told that was it. Forbidden to use anything else. And to add further insult they gave her a close quarters weapon. A sword.

'Here you go, Ahvelina-Michelle, aka Mech pilot 'Buzzkill', aka supersoldier squad leader of Aerial Prime, aka 'Bitch, I am the GunMother!!" take this sword and hero it up. Save us.'

The very moment she could get the hell out of there, she got the hell out of the hell out of there. She had the kneejerk reaction to just scatter the docs they provided her-- okay so it was cool that she could now read and speak almost any language of those she met but still... how better to start off this only-lose-campaign but by littering all over this stupid, loser-led, tech-nulled planet.

A sigh. Hazel eyes slowly opened

Ahmi shook her head and chuckled neath her breath. She reached over and slipped the stem of the reed into the corner of her mouth and savoured its sweet taste. A hand reached up and scratched the shaved side of her head before tracing her implant that connected from ear to jaw on her right cheek, "Yeeeeeah... that would have been a mistake..."

She would have never found her way to this relaxing, hot water paradise. This place was gorgeous. In fact the expanse of lands she had flown over was the most awe-inspiring amount of living greenery she had ever seen. Tears had formed in her eyes and she could barely choke back the tsunami of emotions that dared flood her mind and heart. Ahmi had never seen a terran front that was not bleak, being terraformed or destroyed by the machines of war. The big woman lost her mind when she came across the sight of the silvery sands of the shore, meeting the white-crested waters of the big blue, meeting the bigger wild blue yonder up high.

When she finally landed on the beach front, she dropped the Archon suit, dropped her kit, dropped her belongings, and finally dropped her clothes. She yelled at the top of her lungs, scarred and tattooed naked body running full sprint into the beautiful salty waters of Wheyr Shor's ocean.

After playing and exploring for what seemed like hours on the beach she finally took a look at the map and saw there was a hot spring in the eastern area of the region. Of course she would check it out but first thing was first she needed to set up a homebase for herself. Yes, yes, it was true, in just a few short days, Ahmi had committed herself to seeing out her mission here in Zetha. Gather intel, gather squad, play the Hero, and protect this region from the titanic marine cryptid.

---

A pair of golden motes glowed into life, tracing the symbols of the tattoos on her forearms. These inked 'Runes' began to sprout out more motes of gold and they bumbled all around her. These 'bumblers' began hum and suddenly her eyes glowed gold as her HUD visor materialized across the top part of her face. A couple more chews on the reed at the corner of her mouth, then it was time to catch up on her projects and happenings at base.

Streams of data and readouts blipped and streaked across her eyes and she blitzed through it all reviewing and calculating, then she found the connection she was looking for. A 3-D imaging of her base and immediate area popped up. Sensors indicated perimeter had not been breached by anything larger than a mouse. The status readouts of her generator, comms, cameras, sensors and little AI sentries were all green lit and nothing was out of position. She cycled through cams and each of her sentries 'eyes' and each time she did, each bot piped up with a hail to her. The only thing that seemed like it needed tweaking was a branch that was swinging in the wind and blocking a perimeter sensor everyso often. Her little sentries were incapable of fixing that.

Buzzer.jpg
Ahmi sighed. Breaktime in Naporia's backyard was over. Slowly, ever so slowly she stood up. Waist deep in water, she stretched up high as she yawned. Then begrudgingly she trudged out of the warm waters to where her kit and belongings were neatly laid out. Only her signature box cap she put on. After several minutes of just marvelling at the scenery and greenery, she finally towelled off and finished getting dressed. She noted a circular, marbled stone on the ground near her boot; the swirlling pattern looked like a smiley face! The big woman laughed then shook her head as she shrugged. Yes, yes, she would pocket it.

A single affirming breath, then her golden 'bumblers' lit up into life at her forearms. A heartbeat later, her Archon suit formed around her. One last look around then golden wings buzzed into existence. A moment longer she hovered, then finally she blew one final kiss to her beloved zen spa spot. She then rocketed away, westbound back to base.

---

Several feet away from the edge of her homebase sensors she landed. The nanites of her suit retreated back into the housings of her implants mid stride. Stretching her arms above her head, she waltzed up slowly past the perimiter causing a silent breach alarm. Instantly, several lines of energy crisscrossed over the entryway in the rockface leading to the inside of her base setup. MInes and traps went from inert to live not even a second later. And now it was time to see how her sentries would react with their new persona adjustments.

'Steady,' was the first to approach as was protocol amongst the sentries. Like a huge metallic spider creeping out from its lair, the bot made its way over to her position. "How are you? State your name and purpose. Ahmi will return soon and reply to you in full."

"Steady!! Reeeeally? Boy, what is up with that greeting...?! And why is your Musket not out at the ready! Security breach, my boy! Ugh...!"

"Mother. Hello, Mother, yes there is a security breach. You are the breach, that is why Steady asked 'How are you?'" the bot's electronic voice did not have much inflection but it's body language had it bobbing up and down with excitement.

Ahmi facepalmed. It did make sense given the context and how she had adjusted the level of aggression. Had she tested this out a day ago, Steady would have definitely shot her. Dead-assed bang on. This bot was had the railrifle Musket and was the sniper role of her sentries afterall.

Upon hearing their brethren bot call out 'Mother,' the 3 remaining sentries: Express, DJ and Pow, came out of hiding calling out 'Mother. Hello, Mother.' as they scrambled and leapt towards her position. Her little sentries, her 'Musketeers' as she called them all bobbed up and down excitedly as they gathered at her feet. Of course, it was only Pow that had their Musket charged, glowing proudly at the ready. This bot loooooooved to shoot; she always made verbal sound effects whenever she fired.

The bots all called her 'Mother' since they all rationalized that was her proper name for them since she was 'The GunMother.' And yes, yes, Ahmi thought it was absolutely adorable and encouraged them to keep calling her that. And she really still was the GunMother.

Yes, she was forbidden to use her guns... but that did not mean she could not get others to use them for her. Thus she took her guns apart along with someother pieces of kit, made some big housecat sized bodies and technomanced them all back up again into basically metal, crawling, jumping spiders with guns on their backs. Their AI brains she recreated using the AIs of her guns and kits; basically reprogramming optimizations, interfaces and user satisfaction into intelligences with sufficient enough brain power for cute little sentry bots.

The Musketeers...

Muskets.jpg

"Okay, I have to fix a situation with a sensor and no, no... none of you can help me," a chorus of 'awwwwws' made from electronic disappointment sounded out, "but! But if y'all promise to be good... you can come with me!"

"Promise." called out all Musketeers in unison.

"Okay... come to Mama, babies, come to Mama...!" Ahmi clapped her hands and giggled. She then held her arms open wide.

The Musketeers all leapt up at her and crawled till they found their spots on her body armour. Express, the rapid fire railgun bot and smallest of the 4, clamped onto her right arm. Steady, the railrifle bot hung out across her back. DJ, the plasma pulse gun bot sat on her left shoulder and Pow, the particle scattergun bot sat on her right shoulder.

As she made her way towards the perimeter sensor at the westmost tree, the big woman cleared her throat then nodded. 'I'm Dreaming of a White Xmas' hummed away from Ahmi's lips and the electronic voices of her Musketeers hummed along in sync

Last edited:
Catoris Obseen
Interactions: Ivory, Bane, Morgan
Mentions: Sunsmiter Sunsmiter
Two Eye Aura.pngSitting on a table watching the supposed Hero of Yafria, voice out what they knew and their supposed plans, it was amusing to say the least, and their plan didn't seem all that boring, if not a bit logical in any case. It would maximize the benefits and prestige, feeding on the peoples desperation to finally be rid of something and just as all seems lost the hero swoops in to save the day. Everyone would of course be so relieved that they would be able to capitalize on it, by getting just about whatever they wished for, it seemed like a excellent plot to say the least, if not a bit selfish, but that wasn't something she really cared for. A smirk came to her face as Morgan went on to address her, the question on weather she would join him or not, she let silence fill the air for a moment before she finally gave him a response. "Well considering I'm already here with you, why not, seems fun and amusing enough, maybe I can even do it from the confines of my room." a short chuckle came from her as she jumped up off the table.

Catoris supposed that following the Hero of Yafria would be her best bet anyways since he already gave them their plan, plus she doubted that refusing would lead to anything good anyways, not that she didn't want any part of this anyways. Besides being part of his plans seemed like something they would most benefit from, considering that she would make a valuable asset to him, and they would have to take care of them as a result. She knew her worth, she had valuable information, and this game just seemed like too much of a fun little opportunity to pass up. But still she figured it would be best to ask one little question before sealing the deal, "Got one little question for you before we start, besides the fun of this adventure and all, what would i get out of this from you?" the playful little grin she gave him was one telling him that she was just as capable as him and wanted something out of it as well, he was selfish and wanted everything to himself, though she more so wanted assurance that she wouldn't be tossed to the side or worse off killed as a form of assurance once this was all over.

"All life has no meaning until the day that it ends."
Morgan

Interactions: Castoris
Mentions: Dragon, Bane, Ivory, Sicklescream

One would not be entirely wrong should they claim the Lich was mad. One was, after all, sure to lose a few marbles during the time they had spent locked up in the towers of Avalon. All that remained of the beatiful fairy was an unending determination to live, to eternally grace Avalon's halls as their beloved tyrant.
Morgan waved a gloved hand, and the Black Grail materialized fully instead of its simple, blackened ichor. It's gilded golden engravings shone with the lustre of the madness of the search, the eternal quest for a wish that would never end till its wielder drove themself to despair, for when one has all, one truly has nothing.
"A wish, hm....? Perhaps you desire immortality? The Chalice's restraint is only limited by one's determination, after all. You simply need to ask, my beloved lieutenant, and I shall answer. All treasures of the world are mine to claim, and every last strand of magic in Avalon belongs to me."
And of course, there would be no heroes to intervene. The so-called "divine" weapons would keep them far away. The lich's innate magical resistance would ward off any attempts, Project Ivory's unpiercable defense would keep them waiting long.
Divine. What a farce. Even their normal vulnerability to radiant damage had faded with time, and with posession of the Grail, there was no sun too brilliant for the lich to conquer, no tool they could not use. Perhaps these heroes, too, could be tools. A chisel to crack the world wide open, simply because it was fun. Because it would be amusing, to watch them grovel and kneel before Avalon's fear and pride. Their final homunculi had finished their construction, all frostbitten chains and regret. As amusing as Bane's very existence was, the head on a stick couldn't be trusted to locate an infant without "accidentally" eating the poor thing. How very rude.
It seems one has to simply do the work themselves, if they wish it done well.
"Dragon of Obrua, care you awaken for a queen? Carissimi Draco Obruaiae, tempus tuum tempus. Nemo potest currere nec celare quod feceris oculis Avalon. Nunc, inquietus draco, ostende te!"
(Translation: My dearest Dragon of Darkness, your time has come. No one can run or hide what you have done from the eyes of Avalon. Now, Restless One , show yourself!)
Morgan whispers incantations as old as time and ripples curl in the weave of reality, the thin fabric thrown over lies and madness. Perhaps one day, Morgan would let the grail truly eat it all, devour all there is till nothing is left but them and their madness.
But not today. Not now when they had a spell to cast and a dragon to locate. Oh well, what can a lich say, except they're bored?
The strands of magic intervine into the eyes of Avalon, City of Ivory Towers where death never stirs and justice is served by a dead queen. Ivory offers a neutral expression and has the good sense not to intervene with the spell, Bane giggles like the mad child she was and their bones rattle against a frilly dress that almost made them look alive.

Peckinou Peckinou Ploegy Ploegy
(Functions sorta like Locate Creature from DnD 5e, casted on dragons, with the Chalice as spellcasting focus)

Last edited:
Hero of Gesnain
Yldrir
Yldrir's eyes quietly scanned over the reports before her, taking in whatever information she could. Much of what she had been given here was similar to the information the prince had previously provided, proving that his words could be trusted. That was a good thing. A leader's word was a powerful thing after all, she knew that much. Her own people had always expected words of truth from her when she presented herself before them, even though she had no true obligation to offer them such. As a being of higher and divine power, she hardly had any reason to care of what the people wanted of her, yet Yldrir had always taken pride in offering her people some form of guidance, even if her peers had frowned upon it. It wasn't a sign of kindness as one might perceive it, but rather one to assure her people were informed. Intelligence was important to her after all.

Tapping long, clawed fingers against the wooden desk, the dragonkin silently continued to flip through the pages- reports of morale, death and injury counts, location of the enemy, information about the guardians minions, etc. They had all been provided. Some was easy to read through, though others felt more burdening. The number of deaths were high already, causing her face to harden from its stern expression. "So much death... Civilians and soldiers a like..." she mumbled, letting a quiet sigh escape. "War will always cause a land to bleed..." It was a saddening truth, but Yldrir knew there was no way to cease war from happening. Peace could not last forever. Someone would always find something to be upset about and possibly rise up against. That was the way of the world. Peace had to coexist with chaos, much like good and bad or light and dark or life and death all had to coexist. Still, they could at least prevent loss from becoming too great, and that was what she aimed to do.

Turning to the next document that had been prepared for her, Yldrir's studies were interrupted by the bellowing roars that came from outside. Shouts of the worried soldiers that passed her tent by was enough to indicate to her that they saw the owner of these roars as an enemy rather than a comrade. Was that the truth though? It was something she could not answer from her current place, thus the Divine Hero put a pause in her reading and rose to her feet.

Emerging from her tent, it was only a few steps before her gaze could settle upon Shrill's figure in the near distance- a beast that stood above all, though its movements clearly halted. In her eyes, it was clear, even from here, that it had no plans of advancing forward. Perhaps that was a good sign then. Yldrir was unsure. Monsters could be deceiving after all. Even her "brother" had been that way- a monstrous looking dragon, that any man would fear upon first glance, yet he was a gentle soul, even more so than she had been claimed to be. For all she knew, this creature could be the same.

Heels clicking beneath her feet as she moved forward, the smaller figures accompanying Shrill soon became visible to the dragonkin. Much like their larger companion, they seemed to make no move to attack. What was more important was how they clearly appeared to be with the beast. That confirmed her previous thoughts, although the soldiers around her seemed to have other feelings on the situation. Casting her gaze towards the men and women that had begun lining up, Yldrir gave a shake of her head. "Have your men stand down." It wasn't a request, but an order she expected to be followed. "Leave this matter to me."

No words of objection came from the leading commanders lips, and Yldrir continued forward. Murmurs rose among the soldiers about her, but she paid them little mind. The words of common men hardly were a concern of hers. She had her goal already.

Nearing the group of Shrill, Sil, Shader and Savvie, the dragonkin halted, keeping some distance between them in case things did not play out as she planned. Clasping her hands around each other, Yldrir stood regally before them, eyes showing no fear, concern or ill will. Her expression instead remained stern, unwavered by the mighty presence before her. A Divine Dragon like herself would never show anything more.

"You stand in the presence of Yldrir, Gesnain's summoned Divine Hero," she spoke, her voice easily carrying throughout the area. The way she spoke indicated a familiarity with similar situations. Her posture even refused to shift. She stood firm in her place, holding herself as someone of importance. "State your reasons for coming here and I will not attack."
Code By Nano

Grim Reaper
Athanasius
Undiscernible grumbles was all that escaped Athanasius's throat as he dragged himself along. Pain was all his body currently felt. Two months, that was how long it had been since his banishment. Two long months at that. Sure, he had been on the surface before, but it had all been part of his job, and it never had brought with it the pains he currently felt. His stomach growled constantly and his throat felt as dry as the land he had been thrown into. Even the dark bags beneath his eyes were darker than usual, surpassing the darker skin tone the upper part of his face took on. One glance on him was enough to tell he was in horrible condition. Maybe it was what he deserved for his attempt at heroics.

It was a miracle he had even been able to last as long as he had. Admittedly, his survival tactics were next to none. It wasn't something Athanasius had ever had to concern himself with after all. Life as a reaper came with few concerns, yet far too much work. The constant stream of souls needing guidance had been enough to pass the time, but that was all he had known for such a long time. Even as he learned of life and what those who lived on the surface did with theirs, it wasn't enough to have prepared him for the suffering that ensued. Things like thirst and hunger, while causes of death, had never been something he had known about on a personal level, yet now, he found himself experiencing both due to his current ordeal. Not that he understood that's what he was experiencing either. Neither concept was natural for a reaper. "Mortality" was forcing him to learn it all the hard way. At least, he could last far longer than a mere mortal without the basic necessities, otherwise he would have been long dead already.

Matters were only made worse by the glowing threat in the sky. Athanasius couldn't even stand the sight of it. The rays it cast down upon the land seemed even worse than on his previous endeavors to the surface. Had his magic protected him before? It was a possibility. The others probably wished to see him suffer as much as possible. After centuries of putting up with his usual antics, even he could understand why they'd want him to suffer. All of them were such sticklers for rules, hardly bending past them, even when it was clearly necessary. That was what he had grown to struggle with. While once entirely emotionless, and devoid of understanding much of the matter, Athanasius had long since broken those chains, allowing himself to find a greater freedom than he had ever experienced. That freedom had come with its own price.

Speaking with the souls of the dead, and even the living when he could, he had gained knowledge of things a reaper should never understand, and begun to question death itself. He could understand it to be part of the natural order of things, sure, but excessive death was something he hardly could wrap his mind around. It was something he should have never come to question, yet he had dared. That was the price he had paid.

Coming to a brief stop, Athanasius forced himself to rise from his poor posture, even if the sun's light caused his eyes to hurt immediately. A low growl rumbled in his throat before he lifted a clawed hand up to shield his eyes from rays that came in overhead. "Damn sun," he hissed under his breath. That was the least of his worries, though. He needed to figure out exactly where he was. While he knew he was somewhere in Wheyr Shor, he had long since lost his way. Ever since the reapers had sent him here, all he had done was wander and explore to his heart's content, though after some time, such had began feeling mundane and the feeling of hopelessness had overcome him when his hunger and thirst hit. Now he hardly knew where he was. Even upon squinting and looking around, he couldn't figure it out. It didn't help that his eyesight was rather poor as well.

Clawing at the bangs that swooped down into his face, an irritated grunt escaped his lips. "No good. No good." His grumbling continued as he began moving forward again and his posture returned to its slouched state. At this point he hardly cared how he appeared, his appearance had already become more feral since his arrival on the surface as is, and most beings with any commonsense avoided him. While they likely didn't know of him specifically, his looks said everything. A gremlin looking figure like him was hardly a welcome sight. It was why he had come to avoid the town and cities, though maybe if he had then he wouldn't be in the shape he currently was.

"Need shadows... Shadows..." he murmured, his uncovered eye searching for shade, though it was to no avail. Soft curses flew from his lips, though he trudged on nonetheless. Unfortunately for him, his path crossed into Ahmi's base, although unbeknownst to him, though not for long. One misstep was enough for him to realize he had walked into an unsafe zone. For a brief second, the ground beneath his left foot rumbled before the mine triggered entirely. The blast caught Athanasius off guard and instantly threw him back. A loud yelp accompanied the explosion, and soon enough the reaper hit the ground, pain filling him body. "UGH! Stupid explosion."

Laying there, Athanasius didn't bother to move. What was the point? His legs now surged with pain, and he couldn't even be asked to look to see if they were still attached. Given he felt pain coming from them, he could assume they were. That was something he had at least learned over the past two months. Draping an arm over his face, the reaper laid there softly grumbling to himself.
Code By Nano

"You are alone, child. There is only darkness for you and death for your people."
Morgan

Interactions: Cassian, Stella, Ahim, Athan, Yldrir, Ivory
Mentions: Bane, Castoris, Sicklescream

"Olim deus hanc terram spectavit. Nunc denuo eas aspicio. Oculi Avalonis, tuorum bene- dictiones virtutum illuminant viam peccatorum tuorum."
(Translation: Once upon a time a god gazed upon this earth. Now, I watch them once more. Eyes of Avalon, let the blessings of your virtues light the path of your sins.)

The scrying spell paws at the weave, squirming unconnected as Morgan wove a tapestry of magecraft, an invisible sensor that would never sleep nor rest.
"Principis fatui. Candela quae Ardet."
(Translation: The Foolish Prince. The Candle that Burns)
Bring them to me.

The black ichor in the chalice clears, and an image shudders into view.
Are they still in Obrua? How irrigating.
If only such a departure could be sped up with an undead army.... oh well. Unless Bane could be disguised as a living girl, teleported into Gesnain, start screaming for help cause she's getting attacked by a griffin, and then somehow have that reach the hero and her companion, there was nothing else to do save to wait, and see. The lich was confident that their spellcasting could not be detected, if it was detected by such rabble, they would be no Lich Queen after all, would they?
Morgan could afford to wait. The Lich Queen has all the time in Avalon, and all of the time in the world.
"The Foolish Prince and the girl that burns are still within Doncaster." Morgan muses. "And that fox... So annoying! That shall be a nuisance. I suppose I can set up a Private Sanctum ritual and a Forbiddance ritual around the entirety of Doncaster to prevent them from teleporting back too soon, followed by a few message interference rituals to delay them... Oh my, my, it's almost enough to make me feel alive again!"
The scene shifts as the scrying left Cassian and Stella.
"Mater Natura, Mater Alayashiki."
(Translation: Mother Nature, Mother Alayashiki)

The Grail watches Yldrir, and her entourage.
"Such death! So delightful. And that beast....beautiful. Such glory should not belong outside a cage." Even Morgravain the fairy, so beautiful was she, had had that stripped away from her. Had her beauty twisted into something awful, something insane, something that called itself Morgan the Lich Queen, the Master of Curses.
"You stand in the presence of Yldrir, Gesnain's summoned Divine Hero," the Grail's image spoke, the voice diluted as Morgan swirled the black ichor as if in boredom. Such a stern presence, such willingness to fight...
"They're negotiating. My highest regards to the dragonkin." It was rare when one could impress Morgan, but not impossible.
"Magus plumbi. Filiae de ferro."
(Translation: Mage of Lead. Daughter of Steel.)
Ahmi's base shimmered into view, and Morgan made a sound that was the closest thing to a chuckle the lich ever had.
"How regretful. But needing shadows...how interesting. How very interesting indeed. Ivory?"
The draconian homunculus that had been setting up the table for further rituals glanced up. "Hrrrrk?" she enquired.
"Prepare some herbs, oils and incense from the treasury of Avalon, will you? Daylight, Hallow and sunburst spells are just a tad required for this stage."

Peckinou Peckinou Ploegy Ploegy Spoiled Bread Spoiled Bread
(scrying spell cast)

Last edited:
Prince of Zetha
Cassian Galahad
While it was nice to have his concerns brushed aside so quickly, Cassian couldn't let them go so easily. Things were never that simple after all. He had learned that much over the years. Everything tended to be much more complicated than it needed to be, but even more so now that that one of the guardians had begun to attack. It was all such a hassle.

"I can't promise I can do all that," he admitted. Honestly, he wasn't even sure of what would happen to the griffin or the other guardians once they were defeated. There had never been documents of the sort, and it was likely only the guardians themselves knew, or maybe even a familiar of them did. Cassian even doubted the church which devoted itself to their existence had any clue. That was no surprise. The prince had heard many of their preachings before given his sisters had always taken interested in the religion. He, however, did not. Most of the religions that existed hardly spoke to him, although, he had to act as if they did. That was yet another hassle, but not a problem for the current moment.

His mind was pulled back to the moment when he heard Stella gush over Sukei. Chuckling softly, the prince rubbed the back of his neck, knowing the complications that came along with getting such a companion. Finding a demon willing to create a pact was difficult after all. Most didn't want to be servants like Sukei, and even then, those that did were often drawn to those with exceptional power. Stella likely fit the later part, though Cassian knew better than to agree getting her a demon.

"If it were easy to get one, then maybe we could get you one, but," he began, dropping his arm down to his side as Sukei quietly eyed him. "I don't have all the details on how one gets such a companion. My eldest sister is the one you'd have to question, though I'd advise against that. She's, uh... not fond of me, so there might be issues."

Might was an understatement that Cassian didn't want to admit to. Still, he rather sugarcoat it than give a flat out no as an answer. Seeing the prince struggle, Sukei let its own snicker escape its throat. "Your highness is being ever so daring by even summoning me," the fox admitted, which only caused Cassian to sigh. Waving its tails in amusement, the fox circled the prince once before averting its gaze back towards Stella. "I could give you the details myself, but where's the fun in that." Snickering again, the four-legged trickster took a few steps away from the two, deciding to do its job rather than continue to sit idly and tease Cassian. "One portal to Accreton coming up, oh Divine Hero!"

Jumping about gracefully, Sukei's tails seemingly painted at the air, causing a large, bluish oval to take form. As it continued to dance around it, the blue ripples began to change, gaining more color before soon the image of Accreton's farmlands could be seen in it. "Here we are! The portal you requested," Sukei purred proudly, allowing itself to puff its chest out as it sat beside its creation. "Just remember your highness, this is a one way trip, though I'm sure I don't need to tell you that."

Nodding at Sukei's words, Cassian looked towards Stella and gestured towards the portal. "Heroes first."
Code By Nano

Stella

"Well, that wasn't a satisfying answer." Stella let out a scoff as she crossed her arms in front of her chest. Back in Zaran she had a dozen super soldiers assigned to fulfill whatever she wants and whatever she needs to ensure her strategy works smoothly. Now she only got a prince that had his hands tied. What a promotion.

"I'm going to do it myself then, after I murder this big chicken cat. Let's go." Entering the portal, Stella came out at the other side of it. The farmland was a nice change of scenery compared to the busy city of Doncaster.

"Now Cass. Tell me where the barrack is, and where the griffin resides. Also the highest ground around here. I want to have a good vantage point."

Ploegy Ploegy

* Silhouette * Shrill *
Location - Military Camp, Accreton

SilSml.jpg
Shrill-Sml.jpg
One was Silhouette, Apex Hunter for her people, leader of an entourage made from a dozen of the finest Armeti hunter/warriors and as always at her side was her gigantic Mystical Great Cat companion, Shader. The other was The Shrill, the infamous Hillside Fiend, leader of a ferocious band of roving monsters, dominating all areas she claimed as her territory.

Both were expert strategists and tacticians that could make their entourages fight as if there were 101 more of them combined. More than familiar with each others' skillsets and expertises, the plan they concocted was rather simple yet more than serviceable given their time frame. Rescue a Gesnain surfacer, win them over, escort them safely to the garrison at the border and have them play liason with garrison reps. All they really needed was one who could speak the strange human language well enough to allay the fears and dampen the hate thrust upon the pair of outsiders; especially that which was directed at the monster that was the Shrill.

Only the sharpest of Gesnain speartips, blades, arrows and tongues were aimed directly at them. But they had befriended and earned the trust of this 7-year old, plump and vivacious girl with wondrous brown eyes. Charmingly disarming and with a smile that would melt even the iciest walls of hardened hearts. And they failed her.

There was no way they could have ever forseen those events transpire. How could they? But still the questions would always remain, haunting them from the dark of their minds. And only bubbly laughter would be the answer; in hearts gold and minds rested nevermore.

Her posture even refused to shift. She stood firm in her place, holding herself as someone of importance. "State your reasons for coming here and I will not attack."

None of them: Silhouette, Shader, Shrill not even Savvie had the chance to respond to the Hero Divine.

As planned, Savvie would speak first to address her people. Perhaps she was so dearly awestruck at seeing, and recognizing, the Summoned Hero that she froze. It was quite understandable. She had babbled on and on, re-iterating time and again how excited she was to actually meet someone not from their world, and not only that but that they came all this way to her homeland to help save it! And so Shrill had lowered her head to give the little, plump thing a nudge by licking her cheek.

An archer saw all the tendrils of that waking nightmare squirm out from its thorny snout, writhing about, each slick and wet with an unearthly silvery viscous liquid. A lone arrow fired from their bow. Of no consequence to Shrill; her armour-plated head and neck would not be pierced by such a mortal thing.

But right next to that armour-plated head and neck was a 7-year old girl in a freshly washed canvas dress, frozen on the spot, big brown eyes wide and wondrous, glowing with only stars and adoration...

Oh, but the cries of horror and disbelief. Sounds that could break a thousand and one hearts or fill a single one with only rage.

Rage. The colour that wept across that freshly washed canvas dress. Rage. Rage. Rage...

A pair of moons on fire were her eyes. The screech from her throat, terrible and lined with the intent of slaughtering them all. And remarkably, such a terrible sound did not originate from the Shrill, but from an Armeti. Silhouette drew the Longbow of the Huntress, its entirety glimmered and pulsated with silver ancestral might. Several blue streaks of energy knocked themselves within the Humtress' bow, each spititng shadows from the ends where her fingers held them. Each Shadow Arrow charged with the power to drain the lifeforce from any single man. Fired by the Apex Hunter, not a single arrow would miss its mark.

But the soldiers had already aimed and fired despite their commander screaming for all to stand down, stand down, stand down!

ShaeSml.jpg
Roaring Into the line of fire the midnight hued beast leapt. 5 arrows, pierced deep into his left side. 4 Shadow Arrows detonated upon striking his right. Shader's humongous body went flying and bouncing unceremoniously into the dirt. The immense feline moved no more.

Shrill hunkered down and reached out to snatch her Armeti friend. This was not the war she wanted. These were not the people she wished to save anymore. Dark, dark eyes leaked pain and sorrow as they glanced over in the opposite direction of Shader. Oh but those stains would never, ever be removed from that little canvas dress.

Silhouette screamed yet again. The Longbow of the Huntress lost its glow as she slipped it around her body, bowstring clasping her diagonally across the chest. Yellow eyes scanned her Soul Charged companion's body. The shadows leaked badly, very, very badly from his body; hope faded with each passing second. Her head swivelled in the opposite direction and instantly locked onto that small pale hand. She had smacked it away but only mere days ago. But since then she had learned--

Cres.jpg
That small pale hand moved. It reached out. Dark eyebrows slanted away in that very moment, the realization dawning, as yellow eyes glowed slightly.

⁂Huntress. I see you. You have not made pact yet...?⁂

⁂Huntress. Then you must choose now.⁂

⁂Huntress. You know you cannot have both. Choose the Shadow and lose the Hand. The Shadow is your brother.⁂

Silhouette nodded slowly.

⁂Huntress. Choose the Hand and lose the Shadow. The Hand is your-- you have decided...?⁂

Silhouette nodded once curtly, eyebrows knitted together. Her lids clamped down with all her might. There would be no humourous quip from her spirit guide. Only tears from the empty womb.

Yellow eyes snapped open.

^SHADER RETURN!!^

⁂Huntress. Then find your people. You may go back home.⁂

---​

Up, up, up so high into the sky Shrill had taken them, embracing her dear, Armeti friend with all her heart. Silhouette returned the embrace of her dear, twin-souled friend with what remained of her heart. But surely nothing could hurt them from all the way up here?

Although bodies held tightly together, their minds were far apart, each wondering just what they had lost and just what is it they gained from all that had transpired. Only motherless bubbly laughter would be the answer; in hearts gold and minds rested nevermore.

Location - Far, far away from here...

~FIN~

Ahmi - Hero of Wheyr Shor
Location - Ahmi's homebase, 30 min walk from Doveport.

Gunmother.jpg
It was not the explosion that caused her gun bots to come to attention, whirring, glowing, muzzles pointed in all directions surrounding their Mother. It was the alarms blaring from within their Mother. Someone, something had locked onto the Archon nanotech signature.

No, not something, but Them. After all this time XTC found her.

"Hold fire, Musketeers! Stand down. This ain't the time to shoot our way out of this..." white teeth flashed a sneer made of contempt, but even more troubling, it was made more out of worry. A word too close to the hated word sorry.

Regardless it was time to pack it up and get ready to go arsenal against arsenal with whatever They had to take her down. Golden motes lit up from her arm and her visor returned to her face. Several commands later, all the kits withn her lair began to retract, collapse and come undone from the walls. 3 drones flew out from the cavern entrance to collect the rest of her loadout. All traps and mines disarmed themselves and unburied, unclamped and unwound from their positions for immediate drone pickup. Perimeter sensors and cams went offline and collapsed into collectable forms. The drones buzzed about the stretch of land she set up, quickly and efficiently stacking and storing their designated items within their holds.

"Pow, Dj... Girls, go round up the kit. Hustle back to GunMother. Rendezous at the detonation site. Express, Steady... boys, you are with me. We need to clean up our mess. Light it all up on my mark. Okay. You have your orders. Musketeers, you see me? "

"Yes, Mother. I see you." all gun bots replied in unison. And of course, the little deviant Pow added: "Ka-boom, Mother."

"No. No, Pow, no. Bad. You see GunMother, you follow orders. Now then, let's move out," once the pair of blaster gun bots were out of audio range she chuckled, "...gotta love that jumping, psychotic metal puppy."

---

Draping an arm over his face, the reaper laid there softly grumbling to himself.

And there was the answer, lying there, clearly thrown from the explosion. Was she surprised it was not blown apart? No. Of course not. It was a daemon. Her Archon sensors were going crazy, golden bumblers from her forearms dancing up a dervish, practically screaming for her to put the suit on. In response, Ahmi just let a sardonic laugh trickle out from her throat. So that's how They found her. It was all her fault. All because of one setting she failed to turn off.

She was master and commander of the Archon Nanotech Mecha suit. She was a technomancer afterall. One its primary functions was that of encountering phenotypes with specific signatures with extreme prejudice. Yes, even in outerspace, there were daemons and they needed to be eliminated. The nanites of her suit were programmed to deal with such threats... and to send message to XTC upon detection of such threats to call for back up. That little fella on the ground did not seem to be much of a threat, but it definitely gave off such signatures that would set off internal alarms within her.

The pair of blaster gun bots were leaping in tandem toward her position, her kit attatched between the both of them. Scanners did one final sweep. All remnants of her existing here were tidied up and packed into that little case. Ahmi nodded and relented to the angry buzzing demands of her tiny golden bumblers. The Archon Mecha suit formed instantly around her body. The kit was locked into her back, then Steady took his place upon it. Express clamped to her arm and finally the girls settled in at either shoulder.

A shimmering perfect circle sliced into the reality of this world, right in front of her.

"They're heeee-eeeerrrrrre. Stay frosty, babies and just let GunMother handle this."

She lowered her posture and chin as soon as it became clear just who, and what, was on the other side of that perfect circle.

"Ka-bloom, Mother." the bright flash of orange from her right shoulder from Pow's particle beam scattergun.

Return fire separated Pow from Ahmi's shoulder.

"POW!! Girl, no--" Ahmi reached out and caught the gun. But Pow was no longer connected to it. In a flash of orange, the GunMother was pulled through the perfect circle. A heartbeat later it shimmered out of existence in the reality of this world.

---

The bot landed on its back. A quick re-boot. Suddenly Pow hopped up from the ground, flipped over in mid-air then landed on her feet.

"Mother. Hello, Mother?" scanners panned out 360 degrees. Only the daemon was there with Pow. Unarmed and Motherless Pow.

"Uh-oh." her electronic voice sighed.

Location - Ahmi: Far, far away from here. Pow: Lost with no siblings and no Mother.

~FIN~

"Surely there must to be limits to which one may sink."
Morgan

Interactions: Doncaster, Bane
Mentions: the fox, Cassian, Stella, Ahmi

The scry spell dimmed as the Chalice began to swirl again.
Finally that pesky paladin and the hero was gone. The Chalice almost hummed in contentment, no longer in near proximity with the hero...or perhaps that was just the fact there was no more holy creatures to annoy Morgan.
"A thousand nights, a thousand years lay before me. Without her. Without hope. Shall we dance once more, and shall we renact the wish of a dreaded queen who brought the heavens to heel? O Nebulae Ravenloft, tempus est somnium mortuorum."
(Translation: O Mists of Ravenloft, it is time to dream of the dead.)
The weave of the world shudders as the Chalice granted one wish, one terrible wish from a terrible queen in possession of a terrible artifact, the wish of one who had been driven beyond sanity, beyond even desperation.
A grey mist as heavy as grief poured from the Chalice's black ichor, a mist that blanketed all that touched and came from the sky yet rose from the ground like bones from a grave, a mist that did not harm but simply cloaked the borders of Doncaster, as tenderly as a prison's embrace.
"All planar travel is cut off....a little too late to save the Mage of Lead I'm afraid. It can extend to all of Obrua, but there is no need for that. I'm afraid without an accurate estimate, the restoration of the Gunmother is beyond even one such as me."
Is there a limit to her treasury? Of course. But that lies at the very edges of her understanding, and there is very little Morgan did not understand.
"A shame. They were very amusing. Send my finest regards to their orphan. What? There are even some sins beyond the most wicked of devils, after all. I do hold respect for their battle, as difficult as it may be to implement into your half-existent brain, Bane."
Bane ceased their permanent smile, looking around in what resembled interest. "...friend?"
"Pow? Your friend? Don't be ridiculous." Morgan's laugh was almost cruel in its mirth. "You've never had any friends. Who else other than me could love something as ridiculous as you?"

Ploegy Ploegy
(Using Wish, Forbiddance was cast with no material components. All holy creatures take damage when they enter a space between 20,000ft radius of Doncaster, and all planar travel is completely cut off against Doncaster.))

Last edited:
Catoris Obseen
Interactions: Bane, Morgan
1668252651547.pngCatoris smirked when they offered them whatever they wished for if they simply asked, instead of asking for details on what they wanted, "I'll keep what you said in mind then." she had continued to sit on the a table as they watched events unfold. The stuck to the shadows as Morgan began to continue speaking, their disdain for the other supposed heros seemed pretty clear, and it seemed that they would be working against them in secret, which was indeed one of the specialties, all she needed to know was their target and they were as good as hers. Morgan knew of their skill set, and she supposed he was smart enough, so she trusted him to figure out how to best utilize her, and as long as she was too valuable of a tool to him, he wouldn't toss her aside and do away with her. She knew how the game is played and was a more than willing participant of it, the other heros that she had seen seemed too boring for her taste anyways, but atleast morgan would at the very least entertain them. She didn't really care much for the constructs of Morgan when they dismissed them as friendless little things, amusing to be sure but not amusing enough. What she did want to was something else entirely , looking at their nails, they directed a question to Morgan "So then boss, how shall we proceed from here? anyone you want specifically targeted as of now? Broken down? or are we just going to play the waiting game, are we playing with fate, putting all the pieces in place? or will they fall willingly on their own?"

"When I walk through hell, I need to fear no evil.
I have already looked the Devil in the eyes and walked away laughing."

Morgan

Interactions: Castoris, Ivory
Mentions: Athan, Wheyr Shor, Gesnain

"The heroes will be a nuisance, but nothing so drastic as their heads are called for yet. Wheyr Shor is vulnerable, we might need to send the friendly reaper there a....friend perhaps. Or maybe pay a small visit to Gesnain, if only to keep up the heroic appearances. At least to establish ourselves as...somewhat heroic. How boring. As funny as the heroes are, they are, for now, completely worthless." Morgan waved a sweeping gesture at the homunculi. "You may take any of my creations. They will accompany you, protect you with what little lives they are worth and they are yours to command, should you wish."
"Of course. As expected, Commander Castoris." was Ivory's only, emotionless response.
"I can lower the MIsts of Ravenloft for a teleport spell or two. Shall we pay a visit to the heroes?" Morgan offers a gloved hand at Castoris.
Ivory prepares her shield, and Bane bobs upon her skeletal form. Sickle doesn't speak, looking blankly down at their claws. In fact, Sickle doesn't seem to have much of an opinion at all.

Peckinou Peckinou

Prince of Zetha
Cassian Galahad
It was no surprise that Stella didn't like the answer he offered in regards to getting her own demonic fox. The truth was hard to accept. If he could answer everything with ease things would go much smoother than they currently were after all, but he didn't have all the answers. All he could do was offer what knowledge he did have.

Shaking his head, Cassian watched as Stella moved into the portal and he prepared to follow after her, but before he could do such, Sukei momentarily stepped in front of him, and looked up at him with worry in its eyes. "Your highness before you go," it began. "I warn you that I sense danger. I thought you should be aware of that. I'm not sure when it'll come, but something is out of sorts. I suggest you deal with things quickly."

Allowing a faint frown to form upon his lips at those words, the prince couldn't help wondering if it might be safer if he stayed put then. It might come off as a cowardly act, yet he still had a duty to his people. Hesitating, Cassian looked back towards the portal before letting a sigh escape his lips. "Contact me immediately when something here changes. I will return with haste," he said, which received him a simple nod in return. Deciding to trust the demon, he stepped past it and continued on his way through the portal. As soon as he was through, it vanished behind him and left him and Stella "stranded" in Accreton.

Taking a moment to compose himself, Cassian's gaze soon shifted to meet the hero's once more. Not answering her immediately, he stepped forward instead and observed the scene before them. At a quick glance it was clear tensions had been high, but whatever had happened had already died down. Soldiers were beginning to stand down from their positions and return to whatever other duties they had. He even caught a quick glimpse of the familiar Gesnain hero returning to her quarters, confirming that she had arrived on time like he had expected. Whatever had occurred, she must have handled. That was a good sign at least.

Drawing his mind back to the questions that had been posed to him, the prince gave a simple wave to gesture her forward. "You can use my quarters for whatever you need. I doubt they have something prepared." Moving forward, he began to move towards the group of fancier looking tents. "As for where the griffin is, I cannot answer. The commanders here would know better than I would."
Code By Nano

Catoris Obseen
Interactions: Bane, Morgan

1669199360311.pngThe plan was a decent one, one that they were willing to go along with, they had no doubt that their little creations would be effective for protective service, though they did doubt their ingenuity. Nonetheless, they didn't care all too much about it since they were sure Morgan would have a back up plan in case anything went wrong anyways, and they wouldn't put all their cards on those things protecting them anyways. Having a back up plan would never hurt anyone, people believe what they want to believe and trickery was all apart of the game that they were playing, it was better to be the fooler that the fooled. When Morgan offered their hand out they couldn't help but smirk, for to them it seemed that they would be a more even partner, or atleast slightly below them in this Glorius arrangement. Catoris willingly took their hand "It would be honor to go anywhere with you my fair Morgan, though it does sound like a pain i suppose we will soon see just how this will turn out."

Stella

"Unless your quarter has a luxury bed with 12 different variant of animal plushies and exotic tea set next to it then I will pass, thank you." Stepping into the barrack, Stella's eyes carefully inspect her surrounding without hindering her mouth to threw more banter towards Cassian. Something just happened, but there's no sign of fighting which mean it's not something she would care.

Before Stella made her way towards the tents, she decided this would be a good time to do a bit of talking. Her index finger traced a line in the air and a small portal opened right on that spot. The 'portal' was quite small and one could say that it looks like a scar on reality itself rather than a portal like the one made by Sukei. From the portal Stella pulled a bronze gadget in the shape of a cone with a handle on one side. Gripping the handle, she put the device in front of her face and flicked a switch on it.

"HELLO, ACCRETON!" Stella already had a loud high-pitched demanding voice that can be quite annoying if ignored but the device amplified her volume a hundred times as now everyone in the barrack can hear her voice.

"I CAN FEEL SOME GLOOMY ATMOSPHERE HERE SO I DECIDED TO GIVE YOU ALL A GOOD NEWS: I, STELLA, HERO OF OBRUA, SAVIOR OF ZETHA, WILL KILL THE GRIFFIN AND END YOUR SUFFERING HERE. REJOICE!"

"OH. ALSO, I WANT TO GATHER THE MOST PATRIOTIC FIGHTERS OF ZETHA UNDER MY WING. IT WILL BE AWESOME. IF TRAVELING AROUND AND SAVING YOUR WORLD UNDER THE GUIDANCE OF THE LEGENDARY HERO USING DEVASTATING WEAPONS ALL WHILE BEING PAID HANDSOMELY IS YOUR THING, JOIN ME. REGISTRATION OPEN AFTER THE GRIFFIN IS DEAD." Having finished her recruitment pitch, Stella slided the gadget back into the portal and resumed her way towards the commander's tent. If she would do things herself going forward, then she needs to build her own support team or else she would spent her time inefficiently like her first week here. Also, she needs more meathshield

"Hello, commander! I'm in! Tell me everything you know about the griffin. Everything." Stella just casually and confidently entered the commander's quarter and demanded information.

Ploegy Ploegy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back