• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings Here we go again ((Updated w/2 new storylines 12/17/18))

Ashvaliaen

Weird little bat
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Hello, here is my new and ((hopefully)) improved partner search. I'm open to all genre and most topics. Here's a list of key points:

1. No one-liners, I always try to get in four lines at the minimum but I don't necessarily require you to so long as you give me something to work off. If you're going with multiple paragraphs I will too.

2. So long as you aren't going to get offended if I ask you what you meant by something, I don't care how literate you are.

3. I'm fine with OOC chat but I'm garbage at starting conversations so I won't likely initiate such a conversation.

4. I won't play as a furry or animal, but I wouldn't restrict you to such a limitation. That said, I don't do humans save for the absolute most special of cases or if they have some kind of supernatural thing going on. I tend to lean towards fantasy or supernatural beings.

5. I don't do off-site RPs, it's just not happening.

6. My storylines are always up for discussion. If you don't like something about it, propose a change.

7. You won't see me doing any RPs set in real cities, it just takes out the fun for me.

8. If you think a storyline would be better in a different genre, let me know and I'll adjust accordingly. This is almost fully guaranteed.

9. You won't see me doing any RPs where romance is the main thing but I'm not against it as a side concept for most of my characters.

It's not recommended that you follow this post because I only reply via PM, and I doubt you want to be notified of bumps.

That was the last one! Onward to the storylines! Taken ones will have this :hornstongue; next to their titles. Don't bother asking about those ones.

In the Elements ((Fantasy)):hornstongue;

It was a long time ago that a sorcerer by the name of Hale was chased off under suspicion of treachery. The people rejoiced and all were happy until the land was bereaved with erratic weather and natural disasters. There was no end in sight as the dark clouds swirled above the kingdom, and so the King took action. He wrote an apology and plea to the sorcerer and asked the kingdom's knight hero to deliver it to him. She agreed and got to the sorcerer's mountain home in two weeks, along with her personal squire. Upon seeing the armed visitors though, Hale believed they had come to kill him. And so, in his immediate panic, he struck the hero with a bolt of magick to the arm. She was knocked unconscious and the canister holding the letter rolled from her hand as the squire fled the scene to tell the rest of the kingdom of the hero's fall. The kingdom mourned the loss, and the weather had suddenly become erratic. Now natural disasters were running rampant through the and no one knew what to do for it save for reinforcing the existing buildings. The king held a grand tournament to test the skill of anyone willing to travel to the sorcerers home to try and stop this once more, and the prize was four caravan wagons of currency along with any two favors the champion asked of the king. This champion and any existing relatives were also to be awarded a higher social rank to either minor nobility or higher nobility than what they had been. So now, will the champion succeed?
Pursuing Destiny ((Fantasy)):hornstongue;

Some history of the world:

In the age human civilizations had just begun to appear, there were magical beings working alongside the humans. These beings helped them start thriving cities. Each being had its own benefit. They were able to show the people the richest area for a mine, speed the growing of plants, or anything else one could imagine. They were each part of an elemental class and the people named these creatures Zasteras. For ages they offered these beings gifts and festivals; this changed as people stopped believing in them. The ones who could still see them were afraid or deemed heretics for speaking of false beings. Before they faded entirely though, the Zasteras gathered and imbued humans with their gifts so that they would be able to continue growing and perhaps one day they would be able to embrace the existence of these beings once more. The opposite of Zasteras were Nevan, the beings who helped nature thrive and overtake ruins. These beings were less powerful and were nearly wiped out by the humans who did not show restraint or respect for their work. Some humans had a stronger connection with the Zasteras, they now are called magisters for their unusual abilities. The magisters, like the Zasteras, were elemental in their abilities though significantly less powerful. Now, as for what happened to the Nevan; they went deep underground and fell into a trance. They couldn't control what they caused during this trance but it allowed nature to grow alongside the humans. This is the council of ten. Nowadays people can learn of the Zasteras and Nevan by reading books regarded as fairy tales or children's stories. Some people still believe these stories, but they are typically called wishful thinkers. One story, in particular, is about the product of a human and one of the spirit Zasteras. This is where we learn of the forest and the tree of life.

Origin fairytale of Raiden:

In a time lost to the haze of ages, there was a woman of considerable strength. She was a farmer of the desert, they said she could manage to grow even the most delicate of flowers in the harshest environment. She fell in love with a man she always saw in her fields, silently watching something off in the distance. He loved her as well, which is why this man blessed her with these abilities. Eventually, she began to speak to him every day as she tended the plants. After a time, he too spoke with her as well. People of the village didn't know and would always ask why she remained single. "I'm married to my plants" she would respond. It was a surprise when she became with child. Everyone believed it was her good friend's. He claimed it for her sake, who knows what fate she would've been forced to endure had he not. She and her love feared what this child could be, as there were no cases of children born of the two peoples yet. As it turned out, this combination did not work and she did not have the child. However, rather than lose the child entirely her beloved placed its very existence in the seed of a tree. They took this seed to plant in a valley many miles away, surrounded on three sides by mountains. The man used much of his power to imbue the seed with life. This rendered him human and he was finally able to go back with the woman to reveal their relationship. They lived happily and grew old together.
Meanwhile, the tree began to grow, it's life force feeding the soil around it and bringing more trees from nothing. In it's fifth year of life a child emerged from within the tree, the tree was not huge or grand yet but the child played among the small trees and attracted animals who enjoyed his company. The life force of this forest became so great in its hundredth year of living that the desert became a great green plain.

Main Plot:

A change has befallen the kingdom, and it all began after the forest suddenly lost all of its leaves in a single day. There has been a wrongness to the air, some are claiming the sudden dormancy of the forest to be a sign of the end days. Perhaps it is, but a strange individual may prove that this is not what many seem to think. In fact, it could be the beginning of a new era altogether.
A Moral Dilemma ((Modern or sci-fy)):hornstongue;

The world is pretty much like ours, but supernatural or fantasy beings exist and either hide away from human society or blend in. Most humans are unaware of their existence but over the course of this roleplay that could change if your character instills this change.

In this story, my character is focused on revenge at almost any cost. It's become an obsession bordering on unhealthy, but the point of this storyline is what you choose it to be. I've thought of at least three ways this can go, but I don't intend to limit it. I know that in the end, it will all come together with a choice which will affect how things go from there, or somewhere in the middle the story can be changed completely.

Anyways, on to a description of the base idea of the story. I will alter my story to fit a reason your character would meet my own either in the tailor shop or while he's searching. For now, I can only tell you a vague description taken directly from the ongoing story section of Gyon's profile. This little portion was simply written so I could track his wants and how he achieves them. I will place a bit of information about my character below the story.

Now Gyon's become well known as a fashion designer, and he can't risk his reputation or relationship to chase after a trail that's long been cold. So when he goes out to search for more clues as to Clarissa's whereabouts he wears a mask. His hand to hand combat skills are fair but his aim when shooting needs work, and he knows this. He carries a pistol with him when he tries to track Clarissa down. He's threatened people for information and things are just beginning to come together. He knows she's the head of a group called the Crimson Needles. Beyond that, he hasn't been able to figure anything out.
Cessation((Fantasy))

The world and setting:

In this roleplay, there will be a country of your making, in which you decide how society is and what kinds of beings live there. The only thing is, there are no naga in this specific country you've made. That's the one rule for this bit.

The second country is on an island surrounded by smaller ones, and this is where the naga dwell. They've not had any contact with any country until around eight years back, and the decision that they would was made entirely by their keeper with no counsel from the people. She had decided to travel to the mainland and set up a trade policy and possibly set up an alliance. This has caused some problems within the tribe as they are unused to sharing their culture or partaking in other cultures, and many of the elders have made it perfectly clear they no longer respect their leader. Unfortunately, their voices have only grown louder since the killings began. Especially when their keeper brings someone new in to help.

In the past ten years a race of people whose lower halves are the tails of snakes have suddenly appeared out of nowhere and now inhabit a chain of islands, it was made clear early on that their leader meant to establish trade with the nearby nations. Her negotiations were accepted and trade commenced. This new race, the naga, began sending shipments of fabric, food, and drink. Their fabrics were all imbued with temperature regulating magic and those who wore clothing made from the fabric would always find themselves a comfortable temperature. For a while everything went smoothly until the naga delivering the shipments began getting attacked and killed; at each murder scene the word "redemption" could always be found. The leader, who was addressed as the keeper, decided upon actions to bring a group of fighters to the island in order to get a fresh perspective. She has decided to work with the leader of the group to eradicate those involved in the murders.
{slide=Project Salvation ((Sci-fy)):hornstongue;}
The world has gone into an era unlike any before it, a catastrophic event mutated the human race and eliminated the ones who couldn't mutate. Now cities are a spawning ground for crime, not that the term really even exists anymore in this world without law. A far off planet from a separate solar system has decided to begin a project to help the planet go back to having some semblance of order, so they built a pair of robots. One meant to look like a young human man, and the other a small furry creature to keep up maintenance. Now he seeks someone willing to help him restore the planet.
Pursuit of Freedom ((Modern, Fantasy))

Here are the plot options for mermaids, I gave them all the same name because they share a theme. City perspective refers to the merperson society's views.

Human perspective:
There's a rumor that a band of scientists in the south has discovered an amazing new species of aquatic life. Very little has been released to the public, but they know it shares characteristics with a killer whale((or seal)). The scientists themselves know much more about the ill-tempered creature, they've been studying it for some weeks now after all.

City perspective for the girl:
Few have really noticed the disappearance of that strange woman who lived out of town, the guards have been working even harder to keep the siren threat at bay. They probably felt her absence most; she'd often done bounty hunter work for the commander after all, despite having been kicked out of the guard.

City perspective for the guy:
A tragedy has struck at the worst time possible, the prince is missing and the queen is on a warpath to find him. Though no one would suspect the surface to be the answer. She has foolishly sent half the guard out in search of him, and the city being unprotected in a time when relations with the malicious sirens are shaky could be their downfall.
________________________________________________________________________________

Human perspective:
A popular theme park has gotten a new resident in the aquarium portion, no one knows exactly what it is beyond the fact that it has taken some weeks to set up the tank and that it supposedly a dangerous creature. The spokesperson for the park stated in the interview that their new attraction would be a wonder for the ages and that they hoped one day another could be captured to join it.

The tower has fallen, no one knows how or why but with it darkness encroaches upon the lower quarter of the city. Watchmen have been stationed at the edge of the untouched city, but still, the darkness closes in broken only by the eerie glow of the mer who stubbornly keep to their homes. They now have to wonder what could be lurking beyond the light of their city.

A disaster of command has arisen with the imperial watch down one crucial member. This couldn't have come at a worse time, as the people and even the soldiers are growing tired of the empress's reign. She has made many mistakes and bad decisions in the past few years, or at least that is how it seems.
________________________________________________________________________________

Human perspective:
A wealthy collector has recently acquired a new specimen to be proud of, so naturally, she has announced a party to view this deceptive creature. She's declared that it comes from the very world of fairytale and fantasy, though most think she's simply exaggerating. After all, why would a fish have such extravagant frills? She's ready to prove the skeptics wrong with her new find.

Of course, he would go missing just before being declared Royal Cleric. Criticism isn't in short supply for this young man, but his mentor knows better and so does his brother. They've both taken different approaches to the issue, however, and with the elderly cleric venturing into hostile territory to find the boy, there is an opening for the city to fall. Despite the younger brother's efforts to ready his group, it may all be for naught if there is no cleric to protect from the ancient threat that looms just beneath their grand city.

It's probably better this way, no one trusted her anyway provided her heritage. Though this may change when things take a sharp turn for the worst. The royal family is assassinated and with no heir, there is room for the sirens to take over, and that is exactly what they've done. Now the city needs the knowledge that that woman, who they had shunned for so long, has been guarding.
Naga Protection Program ((Modern))

People of serpentine forms have recently made themselves known to society and integrated themselves into it. As an unforeseen side effect, a new organization has arisen with the goal of total annihilation of naga within human society. In response to this, the government has formed a new branch of the military to protect the naga population. This branch is less like an organized military group and more along the lines of individual bodyguards with orders to eliminate the organization if and when such an action becomes possible.
Free the Dragons! ((Fantasy)):hornstongue;

It's been centuries since the races enslaved the dragons, now the wealthy keep them like pets or servants. A thing to be flaunted. Most dragons now have never known freedom and some are perfectly content where they are, but there are some who would want to be free again. One escaped dragon would come to lead a revolution.
A sense of Normalcy ((Modern, supernatural))

It was on the news like any other untimely, but ultimately normal, death shoved to some corner of the daily paper. Not many people would find it unless they read the page detailing who died and why. Daniel Pike; died after his pickup rolled down the side of a mountain. The only thing is, a person with the same name moved into an apartment supposedly just out of the hospital. It could be just another person with that name, but is it? He seems normal enough, but when it's revealed that he's a zombie what will happen?

((This one requires some discussion as to what direction we're going with this. It's had some pacing issues as well, but with each go I'm trying tomake it better.))
A Haunted Investigation ((Fantasy, supernatural)):hornstongue;

The prince was murdered not a month before his coronation was to be held, and the country is on the brink of war over an assassination that may not have happened. The king blamed a neighboring kingdom for the death of the only heir old enough to take the throne on the basis that they had been invited to stay at the palace to attend the coronation. The only other heir is much younger and was sent off to learn the skills of a spymaster. It's up to the other country to find out what really happened.

In this someone from the other country, perhaps one of the dignitaries that had been invited to stay at the castle works alongside the ghost of the prince to solve the murder.
Rebellion ((Sci-fy, steampunk, or both))

A planet of strange automatons has been discovered. As these are inorganic beings, it had been believed that they didn't truly possess emotion so they were taken back to the home planet and used for any work the inhabitants didn't want to do. Eventually, it became that the inhabitants didn't want to do anything really, so the only jobs for those of organic nature were easy things and guard duty. They were soon to learn though, that these automatons weren't so happy about their enslavement.
Project Salvation ((Sci-fy/post-apocalyptic))

The world has gone into an era unlike any before it, a catastrophic event mutated the human race and eliminated the ones who couldn't mutate. Now cities are a spawning ground for crime, not that the term really even exists anymore in this world without law. A far off planet from a separate solar system has decided to begin a project to help the planet go back to having some semblance of order, so they built a pair of robots. One meant to look like a young human man, and the other a small furry creature to keep up maintenance. Now he seeks someone willing to help him restore the planet.
Missing Info ((Fantasy))

A healer in a small village has noticed research notes missing, entire journals pertaining to a certain subject. He decided to rewrite it all as best he could, only to find that it had been replaced with notes the next day warning him not to continue this line of search. So he packed some of his things and closed his little clinic. During the first portion of the investigation, the healer meets someone who would add or detract from his goal.
Madness of the Trolls ((Fantasy))

Trolls have been savages since the beginning, everyone knows that. They don't even have a formal country, just an island they'd been driven to in ancient times and patches of land across the other countries. All the other races agree at least on this one thing, though it's been contested for centuries if trolls were even to be considered beings capable of complex thought. Well, now the creatures have gone mad. They've been raiding cities and attacking merchant caravans, even the strictly benevolent ones who keep bridges both natural and manmade well kept have been acting strangely. The bridge keepers have been tearing carriages and carts apart before allowing the people to go unharmed so long as they didn't attack.

A few months before the trolls began attacking, a trafficker caught his most recent batch of people. Among them a beautiful maiden who had been wandering one of the fae cities. Over those peaceful months, she said nothing and she was sold off at a high price not long after the trolls began attacking. Now the question becomes what kind of person paid to own another, and if they could be reasoned with.

((This storyline is meant to be played out with both of us controlling two or more characters.))
Brutality of the Courts((Fantasy))

The war is eternal, everyone knows this. Sometimes violent and other times a war of wits and social ruin. Perhaps, though, it is time for change. A mysterious figure approaches those whom they think can bring about the desperately needed change. These fae who are destined to bring about a change once thought nigh impossible may find their task is too great and fail, or perhaps they will succeed and create a greater balance for the world than just the war of seasons. Time is their most plentiful resource, as it has always been for the fae.
Centaurs Lost((Fantasy))

Centaurs have been extinct for ages, or so it was thought. Recently a lone wanderer of the race has been sighted outside of cities, for what purpose the creature has appeared is a mystery. They seek out their brethren who, unbeknownst to them, have not been seen in centuries.
Eyes of the Faun((Fantasy or Steampunk))

Until a handful of generations ago fauns were a thing of myth and legend, something for storytellers to weave into fantasies. Turns out they're real, and not so gentle as they were imagined to be. No one would've foreseen this outcome, nor could they have prevented it even if they had the knowledge. It simply happened too fast. Fauns saw the destruction waged by the other race and took action against it; in a few short years victory was at hand for the newly-recognized fauns, and the other race had been sundered and fragmented. Now the original race subsisted in small hidden tribes, slave camps, mines, or as lone wanderers. Maybe the fauns weren't entirely in the right in the beginning, but their intentions had been good. Now they'd forgotten their origins in favor of the development of society. Maybe it's time for another change in the world, a change to be instilled by a faun unlike most and a member of the other race.
Night of the Harpy((Fantasy)):hornstongue;

Harpies, bloodthirsty creatures that swoop in and raid villages without a second thought have found a new enemy in a branch of their own species! The other races are overjoyed for the most part. Not so much the alternate branch of harpies now called Noch; this new variety have traits more akin to bats than birds and have little to no interest in the villages or their resources. The villagers have never given them the chance to do either harm or good for them. Now a young Noch in disguise risks life and limb to seek help in one of the villages in hopes of finding someone to aid them.
Fandoms

This tab is just the worlds I feel comfortable enough with my knowledge of to set an RP in them, I do not do anything with characters from the actual thing, I'm strictly for OCs.

Dragon Age
Coming Soon
:snail:

Last edited:
They all seem interesting except for the last 3:
Academy of Destruction, Pursuit of freedom, and Naga Protection program don’t seem interesting.

Right, well I'm open to any of the others. If you're happy to continue with Pursuit of Freedom we can create a more detailed plot together.

I have to say, I'm interested in your Free the Dragons plot, mostly because I have a weakness for dragons and... Well, that's the only reason!
Let me know if you're willing to do that! ^^

Users who are viewing this thread

Back