• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Hell on Earth - OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here

Mitheral

"Growf!"
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Welcome to the OOC thread. (I can create a Discord if people prefer, but this does create a place for anyone new wanting to join to contact us.)

Everyone is making military characters and then there's my occult studying archaeologist who's main workout is running away from mummies hauling her newest ancient treasures up the stairs.

Sunsmiter Sunsmiter and RaiAthar RaiAthar I'll be working on two other characters. Need to get some sleep first though. Hoping to get an intro post up in the morning.

LOL, yeah. Not sure I'd call Cody military. But he can fight. LOL, Kaylee is a cheerleader. But Xavier has been teaching her some survival stuff. She has paintball and airsoft experience - mostly being shot up by her friends.

Not sure if I will keep Cody and Kai as they won't be in the same city. Maybe back burner characters if others join in.

Believe it or not though, an archaeologist will come in handy.

Well, not the best 1st post I have ever done. Was basically just trying to get people together or at least move them that way. RaiAthar RaiAthar lol, if you want to have the Balrog that Jon killed be the source of those bones, feel free. He only took what he needed.

Diane could pick up / rescue Saff with her motorcycle. Not a very comfy ride, but if he was being chased, better than capture if he is on foot.

Not sure how Shae might meet one of you. She was living in Boston. Her Jeep is in good condition.

Every now and then there will be lesser demons with collars. Those are significant. I have actual descriptions of the collars that I will give later.

Well, not the best 1st post I have ever done. Was basically just trying to get people together or at least move them that way. RaiAthar RaiAthar lol, if you want to have the Balrog that Jon killed be the source of those bones, feel free. He only took what he needed.

Not sure if all evil universally works together in your setting, but I was thinking the source of the bone could be from another archdemon that wanted to claim New York for itself. Ashtaroth and this other archdemon got into some king-kong vs. godzilla like fight. Ashtaroth wins the bout. One of the archdemons maybe loses a finger or something else of appropriate size. Saff found it and made it into the bat?

These are more Biblical in nature, with the addition of some classical fantasy demons like Gargoyles, Imps and Balrogs. (Djinn and Efreet have a place as well, but are a special case.)

Lords haven't been fighting amongst themselves. And Saff wouldn't be able to get a piece of one even if they did. Balrog maybe. And something like a bat would take an entire limb. They are only 12-15 feet in height.

These aren't kaiju or anything out of anime.

Excerpt from the link in Lore.

The “Powers” are among the highest ranking Demons Hell next to Lucifer himself, and as such they have the ability to cast spells of all types. There is no real purpose giving data about their fighting ability as they can overwhelm any mortal with ease. They can sustain massive damage from Magick before being driven back to the Infernal Regions.

ASTOROTH: a great Duke appearing as a beautiful angel on a dragon, with a viper in his right hand and having foul breath. He answers truly about past and present and the Hierarchy of Hell. He must be consulted before any other Demon of Level X or XI is summoned or will be unable to “command” any Demon of Level IX or higher.

(Note: This is the reason he was assigned to the UN.)

Oh .. I can think of another way someone could have taken a Balrog down ... 3rd rail of the subway ... Or a major transformer station.

Saff getting onto that bridge to cut apart a balrog corpse with his knife when tank rounds can barely penetrate them doesn't seem likely. When I think about it now, the whole bat made from a demon's bone is kind far-fetched this early into the game. I'll just say he has a regular wooden bat that is stained with the blood of zombies.

Yeah .. hate to say it, but agreed. Jon used pieces of the Balrog's own sword to slice its hand off. And it had been frozen in liquid nitrogen. (Yes, he got the idea from Terminator 2.) He will be able to upgrade your bat soon.

Would Ozymandias know anything about these creatures they're fighting? Aka, anything from her studies of the occult?

Would Ozymandias know anything about these creatures they're fighting? Aka, anything from her studies of the occult?
Short answer, yes.

Most of the names are Biblical ... They are names of Fallen Angels seen in Catholicism. I will be posting the Lev IX Demons which include such demons as incubus and succubus. Note that some are probably fictional as they came from an old game system. I just happen to know the creators of that system did some research. They added enough fiction to keep from offending too many of the bible belters if the Deep South.

If she knows much about ancient Persian or Islamic mythology, some of that will come into play as well.

Short answer, yes.

Most of the names are Biblical ... They are names of Fallen Angels seen in Catholicism. I will be posting the Lev IX Demons which include such demons as incubus and succubus. Note that some are probably fictional as they came from an old game system. I just happen to know the creators of that system did some research. They added enough fiction to keep from offending too many of the bible belters if the Deep South.

If she knows much about ancient Persian or Islamic mythology, some of that will come into play as well.
Great! Ty!

Ironically Ozymandias is the Greek name for the Egyptian pharaoh Ramses II. The poem she is reciting is from the poem Ozymandias by Shelly. It's basically a poem describing the irony of how even the king of kings' proclamation that his legacy will last is ultimately hollow since nothing remains of his empire. Although reciting a passage of how your namesake's founder was eventually forgotten by time and history may not be the best....idea.
Oh well.

It's 11am here. At work on break. Probably won't get a post up until later tonight or tomorrow evening.

Mitheral Mitheral should I be waiting for you to post?

If you two want to meet up, that’s fine. Tues, Wednesday, and Thursday are my long work days.

Finally had a chance to read posts. I see some misunderstandings about undead and demons. They don’t usually work together. Gargoyles fly. No reason to run among zombies. And zombies have no will. They must be given orders. They COULD be ordered to patrol a block and attack anyone in the open.

Ghouls have intelligence, but aren’t very social.

Oh, and gargoyles serve in multiples of 3.

Police will be on the way, but will treat Saff like a criminal if they catch him. Oozy will be considered a terrorist.

I had assumed that it was the gargoyles who had raised the dead as zombies and were commanding them. My bad.

Would it be reasonable to assume that the ruckus Saff caused might have attracted the attention of gargoyles? If yes, then that is exactly why the gargoyles are there. If no... my bad, again. :closedeyescryingfrown:

Actually yes. The gargoyles do patrol from the air. They aren't the brightest. But any movement below gets their attention. Thing is, gangs and riots are doing the same thing. Mostly it gets the attention of police.

Why waste your troops when you can get humans to deal with themselves?

The demons have limited troops. That is the reason they awakened the undead and sent plagues.

The main goals of the bad guys is to instill fear and take out the ability of humans to fight back.

I added some info about Undead in Lore. I will approach Vampires and mummies separately. Also, I will talk about Lycanthropes soon as well.

Oh .. utilities are still up and running as is the internet. The demons aren't hitting the infrastructure directly. If they did, starvation would hit fast. Fact is, their army is too limited to take everything out at once. They do have ways. But it takes major magic - like Earthquakes.

Don't worry about rewriting of anything. Let's just roll with it. Stuff happens.

ok. I can change it then if needed

Users who are viewing this thread

Back