• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Hell on Earth

Mitheral

"Growf!"
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
It was the 21st century. True Evil was supposed to be just one of those things created in Hollywood. Fiction. Right? But the stories were out there and soon a panic began to take shape. You remember those guys that used to stand on the sidewalk or in parks with signs that said the end was near?

They were right.

It began with rumors of the dead rising in morgues. There were slayings by satanic rituals. People were getting mauled by packs of wild dogs in the middle of cities. Suicides rose sharply. Gangs began to grow bolder. Plagues began - not the sickness sorts, though there were those too. No, I mean the locusts, frogs, rivers turning to blood.

The first vampires weren’t so much seen as their passing felt. These weren’t the romantic vampires in the movies. No, these were truly violent beings, interested only in blood. But their victims didn’t rise - at least not all of them. (There will also be zombies, ghouls, ghosts, skeletons, wraiths.)

The worst of the creatures of darkness to arrive were the demons. These were the biblical, evil sorts with powers beyond reason. Some believe they brought the plagues. Did it really matter? Fact was, we had no defense against such creatures. Guns? They laughed. Just one demon destroyed an entire military base and walked away without so much as a scratch. (Not exactly true. The demon described was a stronger demon, like a balrog.) Typical demons (level 1-5) will be gargoyles, imps, great imps, hellhounds and balrogs. There are others demons but those are demon knights, lords, princes, etc. (lev 8-11). These will have names. (Yes, I have a long list.)

Ordinary weapons will not harm many of these creatures. In fact, even magic weapons will do limited damage. And good luck finding magic weapons. Just possessing one will make you a major target. The demons aren’t stupid. Some are truly immortal and can’t be killed.

Plot
To the demons, humans are merely a resource. They will accept your surrender. You can choose to serve them as minions or slaves. If you are too much trouble they may use you as food for creatures like the undead - or for sport. The hellhounds need to eat too. You may find your new name Alpo.

Soon after things get really bad the world will become divided into the City States and the Outside. Barriers will be erected. Humans can choose to try to survive outside the barriers, as slaves / minions to demons, or hiding in the city.

A very few will try to fight back.

Setting
I am going to start the campaign out in multiple locations. You may create a character for each area if you wish. Ultimately things will be dynamic. I am going to adopt a semi sandbox level of control. Player driven actions, GM reactions. I plan to create some NPCs that can serve as resources eventually. In short, the groups will not be required to stay in the cities. They can escape or be part of the population living outside the barriers when they are finally erected.

Los Angeles
New York City
Atlanta
London
Paris

Characters
Characters should be normal people. By all means they can be heroic. I strongly recommend it. By heroic, I mean SWAT officers, military vets, a priest (only ONE of these will be allowed though). I don’t want a dozen priests. Ambulance techs, engineers (the internet is still out there but extremely dangerous to access), thieves, whatever. Understand that you lose your character once you serve the demons.

I am not picky about the CS format. But it needs to include the list below. Also include an image. I prefer an actual picture to a cartoon / anime image. If you wish to include images of weapons as well, that is fine, but please use Spoilers tags so your CS doesn’t take up three pages. The same is suggested for longer bios.

Characters who choose to become rebels WILL evolve as characters over time. They must in order to survive. This will require securing magic or miracles. (Silver can harm some of the creatures. Finding a man of True Faith will help.)

Character sheet
Name :
Appearance:
Personality :
Backstory:
Standard Gear:

FAQ
1. Yes, the demons are using magic. Quite literally Hell has broken loose and now roams the planet. I have an actual hierarchy of Fallen, Princes, etc.

2. The world is apocalyptic, much like zombie apocalypses, but with many more survivors.

3. No, the zombies aren’t a virus. They are supernatural undead.

4. The vampires are real. Forget Hollywood glamor.

Posting
3rd Person, Past Tense
Modest literacy

Last edited:
Sounds interesting. Mind if I join?
Certainly. Just posted this today. So we need more people. I'll start a CS thread once we do. (I should probably add a line in my template for starting location.)

Sunsmiter Sunsmiter and Jagson Jagson , you guys still interested?

If they are I’ll get a CS and OOC thread going. And I’ll assign demon lords to the 5 cities I mentioned above. I guess that will mean a Lore thread.

Note: Not all of the lords will be “evil”. That is they won’t kill outright. They may even be bargained with.

I have added CS, OOC and Lore Threads.

Added some characters (need some RP specific editing). I generally don't list weapons and such on my CS, but probably should here. One character had access to a private dojo.

I also have a pair of brothers. One was USMC Force Recon. The other tried to make it into Force Recon and failed. Still debating whether I want to use those. They would bring some firepower - even if it is useless.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back