• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Hell on Earth ( Gothic Fantasy Western )

BugDozer73

The silence of the returning wind

Hell on Earth​
New-Project-5.png

The west is nothing like people hope for when they come here.

The land of vibrant opportunity is a burning hell of creatures, death and violence. Beasts roam the tress and mountains, hunting for the flesh of adventurers, cowboys and the like. The weather switches as easily from flaming rain to sun storms. Deep in the canyons lay sleeping red dragons, waiting to fill the world with fire. Priests try hard to keep light in peoples hearts, but most who truly live here are as hard as the land around them. Bandits rob the weak daily, towns are raided or reacquired, homesteads are hunted and left abandoned, and gunslingers of all kinds live fast and die hard.

But recently... something worse has happened to this flaming purgatory. The dead, once the only one who were permitted some peace in the west, now walk the lands again with no explanation. Hoards of zombies and skeletons move across the plains, take over towns, but the dangerous villains and bandits from the past have also returned. With some of the most dangerous villains once again terrorizing the living, who will ride to put them dead down?

Will you saddle up and ride with the sun? Dodge dragon fire, seek holy protection, and put away both the living and the dead, in order to tame the west?

WELCOME! this roleplay is a gothic fantasy western, which means its a western with magic, and magical creatures like faeries, elves, orcs, goblins, and so on. We will be exploring topics like hard wilderness survival and some nasty wild cryptids deep in the wilderness, as well as pursuing the mystery of why the dead are returning in this story. My name is Bug, and I am looking for 2, maybe 3 talented writers to come up with some character and explore the west with me and my friend Gallus Gallus . If you are interested in discussing this topic, please respond below!

Last edited:
OOOH! sounds super cool!
thinking about it, I might do a thing where the dead vigilante is a ghost haunting his son, who would otherwise be a humble farming kid

until all this shit happened and now he's on a Heroic Journey because his farm was burned down by his father's old enemies

thinking about it, I might do a thing where the dead vigilante is a ghost haunting his son, who would otherwise be a humble farming kid

until all this shit happened and now he's on a Heroic Journey because his farm was burned down by his father's old enemies
oh ok ok: ill work on making a character sheet page

Riveting concept.
If there is still room to join, I would love to be an old, grizzled dwarf prospector digging for gold and other precious metals. Perhaps he stumbles across a dormant dragon egg which is buried in an ancient mine; later on in the story, this egg could eventually hatch.

I am going to make a character sheet for people to post their character ideas
and link it below

im still looking for 2 more people to post character ideas in the linked CS thread: Any questions you can message to me directly or inquire here in this thread.

Oh man- I'm leaning heavily into the idea of playing a desert druid- I dunno how I'd put that shape together but there's such cool animal and plant life in that biome, and I've never played with it as the basis for a character! Cactus dryad??? My time has come.

Oh man- I'm leaning heavily into the idea of playing a desert druid- I dunno how I'd put that shape together but there's such cool animal and plant life in that biome, and I've never played with it as the basis for a character! Cactus dryad??? My time has come.
LOVE THIS IDEA

Aw, hell yeah. This is a cool idea. I've got a couple of ideas. An orc, friendly, not too bright, but big and strong. Good at general labour and smashing things. Is often the butt of the joke, but usually doesn't understand the joke or that he's the butt of it. Or a drow gunslinger who's seen and done it all and is starting to feel too old for this shit. Ha ha.

Aw, hell yeah. This is a cool idea. I've got a couple of ideas. An orc, friendly, not too bright, but big and strong. Good at general labour and smashing things. Is often the butt of the joke, but usually doesn't understand the joke or that he's the butt of it. Or a drow gunslinger who's seen and done it all and is starting to feel too old for this shit. Ha ha.
both awesome ideas! I linked a CS to this thread for people to post their character ideas: im looking for anywhere bwteen 3 - 5 players!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back