• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Heist Family Zero RP [REBOOT]

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
For everything that is lost, there is someone who misses it. There are however occasions when something is meant to get lost. A hard drive for example. In such cases, it becomes a top priority to cause the disappearance of every ‘someone’ who knows it is missing. While the Valdez siblings took care of the hard drive, Ashley was tasked with the disappearance of the original receiver. Which entailed infiltration and assassination.

The first objective, infiltration, she completed with relative ease. Navigating the compound in a semi-transparent state. An almost ethereal form moving speedily, yet skillfully remaining out of the grasp of the guardsmen. For the most part. Even her translucence could not prevent the occasional watchful eye from catching a glimpse of the ghost wandering the hallways. A sight that came at the highest price. They willingly approached death, lured in by the otherworldly sight and the call of a familiar voice. Their guard dropped enough to overlook the edge of a ghostly knife. Lulled into a false sense of security before the sharp sting of certain death forced them to see their costly mistake.

Talk to me if you want to live.” She spoke whilst holding the knife in place, prolonging their fleeting existence by stifling the flow. Oftentimes they would respond. Clinging on to unfounded hope. Only to be rewarded with the sound of their own voice responding to their desperate call. The last thing they would ever hear.

Ashley’s mission only became easier now that she possessed the voices of those familiar to her target. Using her stealth to close in on the target and the voices as a lure. Persuading her target to leave the safety of his secured chamber and into the jaws of death. Then, disappearance. As he opened the door the hallway seemed empty. He called out once before feeling a brush against his side. Distraction. Did something slip past him? But there had been nobody there. It couldn’t be.

Death. Upon turning around to reenter the safety of his chamber, the sting of certain death proved him wrong in assuming. “Talk to me if you want to live.” The ghostly shape before him spoke. Offering to spare him in exchange for his voice. He obliged. Pleaded even. Only to have his voice stolen by the ghost. Ashley pulled the knife from her target’s neck and let the dying man collapse while she locked the chamber from the inside. Stepping over the body to search around while contacting ‘Mr. Butler’. The telekinetic connection established while Ashley thrashed the room looking for a trinket to bring back.

Mr. Butler!” Ashley said, excitedly.

“That’s Portal to you still, Ghost,” the butler stated, shutting down further prattle by directing the topic of conversation. “I take it you have completed the mission? You are running late as it is.”

You’re no fun!” The juvenile statement contrasted heavily with the copied voice Ashley used to prove the target had been taken care of. Not to mention that the middle-aged man’s voice came from the pipes of a far younger girl. “I can’t come back yet, Mr. Butler, there’s a ton of cool stuff here! Do you want a horse statue or something? It’s real coo- HEY!

The ‘treasure hunt’ was cut short as Portal ran out of patience. The mission had been completed and within moments Ashley found herself amongst the rest of the HFZ members. Sporting her trusty knife in one hand and a snatched horse statuette in the other. Blissfully unaware of the charged discussion going on. Her eye fell on the new additions to the usual members and shamelessly inserted herself into the mix.

HEY! Oh, man, everybody already got to hang out?” Ashley voiced her disapproval of being ‘left out’ while still hanging on to her target’s voice. Approaching the Alloways before anyone, or anything, else.

I’m Ghost!” she continued, infusing the middle-aged voice with her own excitement. It was clear as day her interest was at its peak. However, it wasn’t the Alloways that peaked it, but rather what they carried with them. Two new voices.

Allaneous' eyes flashed in a knowing manner on screen, as though she could see everything in the room(which she could due to several cameras, but only Portal knew their locations). In mere moments after the Alloways and the Valdez siblings started their judgment of each other, Allaneous cleared her throat.

"While I am sure you are more than capable, Lord and Lady Alloway, you do realize that just because I am aware of your capabilities and qualifications doesn't mean I let everyone else see your file. Think of it like a trust exercise. In a weeks time if I do not think you are up to the task we will simply decline the offer. Do not misunderstand. I am fully aware it is a trap. But if you are this angry at someone for assuming you would impede them when they know nothing about your accomplishments, whose fault is the resulting fighting among friends?"

Moments later, before Erebus could dare act smug or even comment, Allaneous turned to her. "And while i am sure you have a reason not to trust them, let me remind you that you were in their position once as well. It is quite... unprofessional to judge someone on your own level when you haven't had a chance to watch them succeed OR fail even once." Allaneous seemed to have found it humorous that the infighting between the new blood and the proffesionals had escalated as much as it did, but at the same time seemed to be saying, "Don't make me come out there and kill all four of you." as her gaze simply dared them to continue their squabbling.

"Skoll, I have just been informed that there is a variety of smoke grenades being delivered to your room if you were running low on ammo. Have a look at them at your discretion. As for the hard drive that Erebus has delivered, it contains a program a former associate of mine created to disarm all security cameras in the entirety of the Louvre and the city block around it. It's not so much that he made it as he was threatened, and Ghost here silenced anyone who knew about the project, including who he THOUGHT he was delivering it to. Now then, if you still think you can't do it, in 4 days time if it still seems impossible, Portal has my number. Otherwise, we need to coax the Order of One True Light out and capture one of them alive for questioning. Since you are aware the theft of the Mona Lisa is a side mission to luring the Apocrypha Artiphascist into the open, is there anyone who is still against this Heist or do I need to silence you?"

A little red dot appeared on everyone's forehead, Ghost, Skoll, the Alloways, and the Valdez siblings heads as well. Half a second after that, Olver ran into the room and shout, "I Shall Never Divide By Zero!" as a small red dot vanished from his forehead from outside the door. Apparently, Miss Allaneous had the whole house rigged so if you were told the plan and you were not adamant about carrying it out, she got rid of you...

And Oliver had forgotten and left. as Portal filled him in he was visibly pale and sweating realizing he had almost died because of this. A little known fact about Oliver was that he had never voluntarily joined the Mafia Lisa was part of, so he would forget about things like what happens when you don't follow protocol in Heist Family Zero, and this was one such case.

"Oh hey Ghost! How'd the mission go?" Oliver circumvented the conversation to the last person to show up.

[div class=box]
[div class=tags style="margin-top: 5px; margin-left: 16px;"]Alistaire Alloway[/div]
[div class=tags style="margin-left: 16px;"]Arclight Frost[/div]
[div class=tags style="margin-left: 16px;"]Twenty[/div]
[div class=imgA]
Ai3.jpg
[/div]
[div class=tags style="margin-top: 5px; margin-left: 23px;"]Cryokinetic[/div]
[div class=tags style="margin-left: 23px;"]Electrokinetic[/div]
[div class=tags style="margin-left: 23px;"]Hypnotic[/div]

[div class=imgB style="margin-left: 16px;"]
Ai4-1.jpg
[/div]
[div class=post]
Alistair calmed down as his sister took the reigns, reacting, as usual, far more calmly than he did and suggesting that the new arrivals take their complaints up with their employer, who was now available for them to do so.

The siblings reported on the results of their mission, then returned to the matter at hand. Ah, so being inducted into the group meant that they were now part of the family, and therefore their actions affected the group, since they could not only put everyone at risk but were also required to care about keeping them alive.

Alistaire nodded- it made sense, though since she and her brother already came from a crime family of their own, it was a little off-putting to be asked to view these strangers in the same way. Erebus glared at Alistair, accusing him of childishness and throwing a temper tantrum.

In this, Alistaire had to agree with her, even though she didn't appreciate others speaking to her brother in that tone. She then repeated her earlier point and Alistaire frowned, releasing a small sigh of annoyance, as she suggested to their leader directly that they not be a part of the mission. She turned her head to look directly into Valdez' eyes, wanting to be sure she was heard.

"Telepathy makes you hard of hearing, it would seem. Allaneous recruited us to this group and Allaneous made a plan requiring our abilities for it- whether or not you like it is irrelevant. Also, you might want to actually see," she put a delicate stress on the word, "us in action before casting aspersions about our abilities."

At that point, the conversation was interrupted by the sudden arrival of their team's final member, portaling into the room and holding a knife and small horse statuette. She introduced herself jovially as Ghost, her voice making an odd contrast with her appearance. Alistaire smiled.

"Nice to meet you, Ghost," she said, eyes twinkling at the girl. "I'm Alistaire, and that there's my brother, Alistair." She nodded over at him.

At that point, Miss Allaneous' voice came from the screen, clear and penetrating. The corners of Alistaire's mouth twitched as the woman addressed them as 'Lord and Lady'. She rolled her eyes at the ensuing declarations.

Yes, they didn't see our file, but their implicit trust in you implies trust in those you recruit, and you know that, she thought in response.

A mission that was a trap from one of the group's greatest enemies and an attempt to steal the most famous painting in the world- a trust exercise? These people were insane. She ran a few small currents the length of the fork as their employer continued to speak, channeling her frustration into her power.

When she called Erebus unprofessional, the corner of her mouth twitched upwards again, though she was sure to remain discreet about it. The moment passed as Allaneous proceeded to inform Matthew of the munitions he had just received.

Smoke grenades? What for? she wondered, interest peaked.

At the mention of the program designed to shut off all the cameras, Alistaire sat up straighter in her chair. If the cameras were not a factor, and they had a way to monitor or control traffic in and out of the room, this might just be possible...

When she stated that the true goal of the mission was to lure out and capture a member of the Order of the True Light, she had Alistaire's undivided attention. The mafiosa now arbored a predatory grin, dreaming of finally exacting some revenge on the lunatics who had created such problems for her group.

When Allaneous threatened to have them silenced, Alistaire was barely paying attention, lost in schemes, plans, and dreams of sweet vengeance. At that point, Oliver ran back into the room, breaking the tension and greeting the latest arrival.

Alistaire stayed silent for a few moments before looking over to Erebus.

"If we're going to do this, we need a solid plan. And building that plan will require knowledge of the skillset this group is working with. You have a training room I assume? My suggestion is that we go there for a little demo session." She paused, looking around the table.

"Once we've seen what everyone can do, we retire for the night to ponder ideas, then meet back in the morning to decide on a course of action. With a plan agreed upon, that still gives us four days to prepare and get everything in place for execution at the end of the week."

She looked over at her brother, who nodded once, before turning back to Valdez.
[/div]
[div class=imgB style="margin-left: 23px;"]
Ai5.jpg
[/div]

[div class=tags style="margin-left: 16px;"]Location:[/div][div class=extra style="margin-left: 16px;"]Dinner table[/div]
[div class=tags style="margin-left: 125px;"]OOC:[/div][div class=OOC]Demonstration time! ;P[/div]
[div class=tags style="margin-left: 23px;"]With:[/div][div class=extra style="margin-left: 23px;"]HFZ[/div]
[/div]

[class=box] margin-left: 250px; width: 850px; height: 555px; border: 4px solid #000000; background-color: #e5e8e8; font-size: 10px; [/class] [class=tags] width: 150px; border: 4px solid #000000; background-color: #7f8c8d; text-align: center; font-size: 10px; font-style: normal; font-weight: bold; color: #000000; [/class] [class=imgA] margin-top: 5px; margin-left: -17px; width: 435px; height: 100px; border: 4px solid #000000; [/class] [class=imgB] width: 150px; height: 330px; border: 4px solid #000000; [/class] [class=post] margin-left: -17px; width: 435px; height: 330px; border: 4px solid #000000; text-align: justified; color: #7f8c8d; [/class] [class=extra] width: 150px; text-align: center; font-style: italic; color: #000000; [/class] [class=OOC] margin-left: -17px; width: 435px; text-align: center; font-style: italic; color: #000000; [/class]

Matthew sighed as the little red dot flickered at his forehead. "I will never divide by Zero." The agitation in his tone was quite clear to everyone in the room. The red dot disappeared and Matthew rolled his eyes beneath his mask in a mocking manner. It was time for him to leave this damnable table, it felt like he was stuck here for hours. The surprise entrances, heated exchanges, and the threats to silence were beginning to grate on his semi tired mental condition -- The poor lad didn't even feel like finishing his exorbitantly expensive steak made by a very skilled chef.

"Thank you, Miss Allaneous for the explanation." He pushed the chair back whilst getting up."While it is a fine idea to demonstrate our abilities, Alistaire, I am exhausted and truthfully wished this was over with sooner." He gave everyone in the room a bow. "Now I will excuse myself from this table and retreat into my quarters." Turning on a dime, Matthew began walking away from the table.

Before he completely left the room however. "Ah, before I forget! I appreciate the resupply of my smoke grenades. I was starting to run out." He was appreciative that Miss Allaneous does restock his gear, with how some missions go and the production of smoke grenades while cheap would be a b**** to do by himself. "If only does want to bother me during my reprieve then you can enter -- I don't have as many restrictions as Oliver and Lisa do." During his entire walk, he had made no noise other than the sound of his voice.

When Matthew reached his room, a sigh of relief was released whilst he twisted the door knob. He pulled off his wool balaclava and tosses it on his bed. He stretched extensively then looked around. The first thing that caught his eye was the glossy, silver, square container that housed his new smoke grenades, he would tend to them later. The steak still hadn't arrived which he considered a small blessing. But as he began to pull off his gloves, the urge to clean a weapon or two struck him. The wolf made his way to the side of his king-sized bed. Next to it, there was a large metallic locker with a grey finish, the doors to the locker were locked tight with a particularly strong deadbolt lock. Matthew dislikes most advanced locks like fingerprint or retina scanners as he deems unreliable and easily compromisable. With a turn of the key and a pull of the handle, the doors open to reveal a variety of rifles, shotguns, and pistols. Matthew decides to pull out the 9mm SIG Sauer P226 pistol. He grabs his cleaning tools which are also conveniently located inside said locker.

He places a cloth towel on a nearby desk then begins disassembling the pistol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back