• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Heist Family Zero RP [REBOOT]

OOC
Here
Characters
Here

JDizzle383

The Happy RP Salesman
Supporter
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
"STOP THIEF!"

Oliver ran, ducked and weaved through the crowd. Man he loved those words! he was wearing his signature white suit, and as the butcher ran after him, he used his illusion powers to create a brick wall to block the man's view as he escaped down an alleyway. on the other side he slowed to a brisk walk and brought his hand to his ear. "Forever?"

"That's Portal to you boy." the butler replied, the telekinetic connection having been established to anyone in HFZ when on free time. While Portal didn't typically meddle in their affairs or activities on days off, they were monitored for reasons such as being arrested or caught by heroes so they could be assisted.

"Save me the rant, got dinner for the chefs, and I grabbed an extra sirloin for you!" Oliver smirked, knowing the old man loved his sirloin steaks. Portal sighed, "There may be someone here you would like to meet."

"Oh?" Oliver was interested. currently Lisa was asleep under his hat. he made a note to talk to her later. "Go on."

"Arclight Frost and Arctic Blackout... the Alloway twins," Portal spoke their names with a gentlemanly tone as though addressing his betters. "Are being inducted into our ranks at the family dinner. This is of course off public records. I hear your sister had a nasty history with them once upon a time."

Oliver sighed, "Actually she had a crush on Alistair... I'll talk with her before dinner. Otherwise she might jump him at the table."

"Oho, that bad?" Portal chuckled. "Please do keep her from doing so. which one of you is representing at dinner tonight?"

Without skipping a beat Oliver answered, "Do we ever tell you that?"

"No I suppose you don't." Portal answered with a wry smile.

The butler was the only one other than Allaneous who was aware of their Singularity. Everyone else simply assumed there were two of them. It was a largely known fact that only one of them ever ate at a time, though the reason given was that Oliver hated Lisa's table manners and Lisa respected him too much to offend him during a meal. they were often seen taking a second plate of food to their room for their sibling.

Oliver was warped to the mansion, and he delivered the steaks and sirloins to the chef. "Ah, sir, welcome back." a Battlemaid greeted him as he entered the hall to his room. On the door it read, "Lisa's and Oliver's quarters, knock or we will sub-auto your ass with a MMG(Mafia Mini Gun)"

Needless to say, everyone knew not to disturb them without knocking after the first death of a servant happened and Lisa just casually without missing a beat said, "She didn't knock."

Oliver went into his room and woke Lisa and they took a shower, both of them at full size. as they had done this since birth, they were not disturbed helping each other with this activity, since it was their personal quarters, no one was aware, and they kept it that way. once he had relayed the information however, Lisa was begging him to let her be part of dinner that evening, promising to be on her best behavior. As he caved, a knock was heard, "Dinner sir et madame!" one of the maids who was actually french said before going to let the other members know. She stopped at Sköll's room and repeated the process, then knocked on Chaos's door and called out, "Sir, dinner is ready!"
--------------------------------------------------================================================================-------------------------------------------------------------------
At the table, Lisa didn't immediately sit. As a group-minus the Alloways- the group called out in unison, "No one Divides by Zero and Lives!" before they sat and the TV illuminated, Allaneous in a Very expensive leopard skin dress depicted on screen, smiling. "Good to see our new arrivals are settled in. so, as per the rules of indictment. Does anyone here have anything against these two joining? Portal? The medallions if you please?"

Forever Portal walked over and handed the new recruits medallions which had a depiction of three Zeros with a division symbol framing them. "Do you swear to let no one divide the empire known as Heist Family Zero?" Allaneous asked the twins.

Lisa looked giddy at the prospect of dining with her crush... this was already getting interesting.

[div class=box2]
[div class=tags2 style="margin-top: 5px; margin-left: 16px;"]Alistair Alloway[/div]
[div class=tags2 style="margin-left: 16px;"]Arctic Blackout[/div]
[div class=tags2 style="margin-left: 16px;"]Twenty[/div]
[div class=imgA2]
Al1-1.jpg
[/div]
[div class=tags2 style="margin-top: 5px; margin-left: 23px;"]Cryokinetic[/div]
[div class=tags2 style="margin-left: 23px;"]Electrokinetic[/div]
[div class=tags2 style="margin-left: 23px;"]Hypnotic[/div]

[div class=imgB2 style="margin-left: 16px;"]
Al3.jpg
[/div]
[div class=post2]
When the Alloways arrived at the mansion, Alistair took a good look around. Whoever the mysterious Miss Allaneous was, she was clearly loaded. The place was huge, with marble busts, velvet curtains, tapestries... the works. As a maid gave them the grand tour and showed them around, Alistair tried to memorize the layout- without success. There were too many rooms, too many grand stately hallways, too many little secret nooks and crannies.

The maid finally left him and Alistaire by the door to their rooms, letting them know that someone would come to get them when dinner was served. Upon entering his, Alistair let out a low, impressed whistle. They had clearly pulled out all the stops for this- giant, four-poster bed, satin sheets; even arctic-themed decorations, with everything in his preferred mix of white, black and grey. When he opened the wardrobe, it was more of the same, and he grinned as he selected a long coat with a fur collar, admiring his reflection in the mirror.

Looks like they did their research, he thought with satisfaction.

After a while longer of exploring his room and immediate area, the maid returned to lead him down to the dining room. Good thing, too. He wouldn't have been able to find it otherwise.

When he sat down at the long table, he realized that the group seemed to be smaller than what he had initially expected. So far, only three other people were seated at the table. He made note of Lisa Le Fou, seated closest to the TV projecting a live image of their host; apparently, she wouldn't be coming in person.

After his sister had joined them, the group recited a pledge and then asked them to swear their loyalty. Alistair cast a quick, sideways glance at Alistaire, and when she gave the slightest nod of her head turned back to face the rest of the table.

"Yes, I so swear," he declared.
[/div]
[div class=imgB2 style="margin-left: 23px;"]
Al4.jpg
[/div]

[div class=tags2 style="margin-left: 16px;"]Location:[/div][div class=extra2 style="margin-left: 16px;"]Dining room[/div]
[div class=tags2 style="margin-left: 125px;"]OOC:[/div][div class=OOC2]First post~[/div]
[div class=tags2 style="margin-left: 23px;"]With:[/div][div class=extra2 style="margin-left: 23px;"]Lisa, Chaos, Matthew, Alistaire[/div]
[/div]

[class=box2] margin-left: 250px; width: 850px; height: 555px; border: 4px solid #000000; background-color: #e5e8e8; font-size: 10px; [/class] [class=tags2] width: 150px; border: 4px solid #000000; background-color: #7f8c8d; text-align: center; font-size: 10px; font-style: normal; font-weight: bold; color: #000000; [/class] [class=imgA2] margin-top: 5px; margin-left: -17px; width: 435px; height: 100px; border: 4px solid #000000; [/class] [class=imgB2] width: 150px; height: 330px; border: 4px solid #000000; [/class] [class=post2] margin-left: -17px; width: 435px; height: 330px; border: 4px solid #000000; text-align: justified; color: #7f8c8d; [/class] [class=extra2] width: 150px; text-align: center; font-style: italic; color: #000000; [/class] [class=OOC2] margin-left: -17px; width: 435px; text-align: center; font-style: italic; color: #000000; [/class]

The famous wolf of thievery, Matthew alias Sköll was out and about in the city, jogging so he can keep up his physicality for when the Miss hands them an assignment. Every day if he has time, he devotes himself to different exercise routines. Sometimes it was arms and chest exercises, others it was something completely different. There are also times when Matthew practices smoke manipulation. This obsessive devotion to his craft isn't entirely new but ever since he joined HFZ, it got ramped up to eleven.

As he was running along the sidewalk in a plain blue tracksuit with a hood, he came across some police that were gathered outside of a deli. He slowed down his pace and lifted up the hood. The butcher was right miffed, throwing in a curse every second or third word as he was being interviewed by the police."That little twat! Why, when I ****** get my damn hands on him, that white suit would be ***** redder than the commies!" The police kept trying to calm down the angered man but to no avail. Sköll picked up something from the butcher's rant. Little twat... White suit.. The realization of who did the deed almost gave Matthew away as the 23-year-old had to stifle a laugh.

After making some incredible distance from the scene of Oliver's crime, Matthew decided that this is enough for the day. Carefully the young wolf observed the surrounding area then ducked into a dark alleyway. Kneeling behind a dumpster, he raised his hand to his right ear."Portal?" Matthew spoke. "A warp to my room if you please." And thus Matthew appeared in the middle of his room. It was sparsely decorated, save for a few pictures of his biological family, a small arsenal of guns and a rack of smoke grenades, a closet for his clothes with a special compartment for his work attire.

Sköll was drenched with sweat from the jog so he went to have a quick shower. After the shower, Matthew remembered that today they were going to accept new members into the family. He got dressed in his working attire, mask included then strolled down to the dinning room.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Matthew greeted Lisa then went over to his usual seat but he did not sit. They recite their phrase 'No one Divides by Zero and Lives!' after which Matthew sat down. The new bloods walked in, received their medallions etc etc. Matthew held a focused stare at them because he knew who they were or more specifically who that brother wanted to find. You don't get far in this business without keeping your ear open to the grapevine.

"Welcome to the family." His voice muffled by the light-grey mask and eyes obscured by tinted goggles. Sköll had adopted a more relaxed position in his chair. Shoulders lowered and arms crossed on the table.

[div class=box]
[div class=tags style="margin-top: 5px; margin-left: 16px;"]Alistaire Alloway[/div]
[div class=tags style="margin-left: 16px;"]Arclight Frost[/div]
[div class=tags style="margin-left: 16px;"]Twenty[/div]
[div class=imgA]
Ai3.jpg
[/div]
[div class=tags style="margin-top: 5px; margin-left: 23px;"]Cryokinetic[/div]
[div class=tags style="margin-left: 23px;"]Electrokinetic[/div]
[div class=tags style="margin-left: 23px;"]Hypnotic[/div]

[div class=imgB style="margin-left: 16px;"]
Ai4-1.jpg
[/div]
[div class=post]
When the Alloways arrived at the mansion, Alistaire took an appraising look around. She made note of the architectural style, approximate dimensions and sheer opulence. You could tell a lot about a person from how they chose to build and decorate their home, and everything about this place, from the rich velvet curtains to the fancy marble columns, told her that the mysterious Miss Allaneous not only liked to be in power, but to display it as well.

As a maid showed them around the mansion and her brother simply stared, Alistaire made note of the route, creating a blueprint of the house in her mind. She knew that exploring the mansion on her own would be something she did at the first available opportunity. When the maid finally brought them to their rooms, Alistaire inspected hers immediately, making note of any details she found relevant or important.

She had peeked into Alistair's room briefly, and saw that the setup for hers was a mirror image of his, with the same decorations in reverse tones- white for black, black for white. She looked closely at the carved ash posts of her bed, the expensive silk sheets and fur covers, the rich carpet and marble bathroom.

Finally came the wardrobe. Here, she was impressed. Without measurements or tailoring, they seemed nevertheless to have provided her with clothes that matched her style and her body perfectly, and that seemed to have been created exclusively for her. She paid close attention to the stitching and craftsmanship- they were perfect. As a woman of discerning taste and lover of fine things, she appreciated the gift.

For their induction dinner, she chose a long, low-cut, elegant silk gown. It started off as black but, using a refined ombre, became white at the hem. Having let her hair grow out more recently, she pinned it up in a tasteful fashion, holding it fast with a diamond-studded clip. Another diamond glittered at her neck prominently, contrasting with the black of her dress.

As the maid knocked on her door again, Alistaire took a last, appraising look in the mirror. She nodded once to herself, satisfied (she wanted to make an impression on their first night here), and rose to join their host for dinner.

Upon seeing her, Alistair gave a whistle and a small laugh.

"Showing off, are we?" he asked. She did not fail to notice his new coat, either.

"It's important to make the right first impression," she replied with a predatory smile.

When they reached the dining room, it seemed they would be few in number that night. Alistaire noted the screen on which Miss Allaneous was displayed, but made no comment, instead studying the others around the table, her eyes resting a second longer on Lisa Le Fou and the man who, even here, kept his face hidden. Alistaire, seated directly across from him, knew this was the man who had cheated her brother out of his prize.

After the induction ceremony was over and they were comfortably seated, waiting for dinner to be served, she leaned forward with a smile.

"May I ask why you choose to keep your face hidden? Surely you are safe among friends here." She watched him carefully for any signs of a reaction. "Not to mention," she added, "that it can't be practical trying to eat with that mask on your face!" She released a tinkling laugh, keeping her eyes fixed on him.

Let the games begin, she thought.
[/div]
[div class=imgB style="margin-left: 23px;"]
Ai5.jpg
[/div]

[div class=tags style="margin-left: 16px;"]Location:[/div][div class=extra style="margin-left: 16px;"]Dining room[/div]
[div class=tags style="margin-left: 125px;"]OOC:[/div][div class=OOC]Dinner time! ;P[/div]
[div class=tags style="margin-left: 23px;"]With:[/div][div class=extra style="margin-left: 23px;"]Lisa, Chaos, Matthew, Alistair[/div]
[/div]

[class=box] margin-left: 250px; width: 850px; height: 555px; border: 4px solid #000000; background-color: #e5e8e8; font-size: 10px; [/class] [class=tags] width: 150px; border: 4px solid #000000; background-color: #7f8c8d; text-align: center; font-size: 10px; font-style: normal; font-weight: bold; color: #000000; [/class] [class=imgA] margin-top: 5px; margin-left: -17px; width: 435px; height: 100px; border: 4px solid #000000; [/class] [class=imgB] width: 150px; height: 330px; border: 4px solid #000000; [/class] [class=post] margin-left: -17px; width: 435px; height: 330px; border: 4px solid #000000; text-align: justified; color: #7f8c8d; [/class] [class=extra] width: 150px; text-align: center; font-style: italic; color: #000000; [/class] [class=OOC] margin-left: -17px; width: 435px; text-align: center; font-style: italic; color: #000000; [/class]

Last edited:
"And furthermore!.. hello?.. hello?.. damnit all!" A frustrated voice would call out from the upstairs area in the large mansion, following through with a slamming sound as Daniel threw the wired phone back down on its reciever, a long 'beeeeeeeeep' replacing the silence in the air whilst the male slowly sat up in his bed. His dark grey hair hung around his shoulders as he groggily exited the comfort of his own bed, stretching as he stood at full height with a yawn. "I feel like I'm forgetting something important.." He'd mentally talk to himself, index finger and thumb resting under his chin as he thought about what today was. "Hmm.."

It took a few seconds to realise the importance of the day before him, his fingers clicking automatically when it finally settled in his head "Ah crap, the old man is gonna kill me or fire me. And I have no clue which one would be worse." Of course he of all people, the most experienced out of the lot, would be late for a ceremony that effected the entire family. Daniel mentally face palmed, before quickly walking over to the wooden wardrobe and using both hands to fling the doors open, tossing clothes behind him into the back of his room, trying to choose a decent outfit.

And yet, he chose casual, rather than formal ware. Blue jeans covered his legs, along with black socks and combat boots and a white t-shirt, with a black jacket covered the upper portion of his body, the jackets collar being pointed upwards rather than neatly being folded down. "Glasses, glasses, glasses.." Daniel repeated to himself as he looked for the circular pair of sunglasses. "Sir, please, they've already started!" The maid sent to his room would holler at the door, causing him to do the same thing back "Not until I've found my glasses!"

Searching like a mad man, he'd go through his draws, boxes, cupboard, even his own bathroom, before sighing at the the mirror. "Where are the- you've got to be kidding me." Looking up, Daniel once again mentally face palmed as his sunglasses rested atop his head, so he quickly pulled them down and headed for his bedroom door, opening it with one hand as his other worked on tying his long hair back. "How do I look?" "Fine, now let's go!" The battle maid barked as he rolled his eyes, using his power to float down the large stair case.

Once Daniel reached the dining room, he calmed himself down, before opening the doors and walking in. "Terribly sorry for my lateness, traffic and all those silly excuses. If I missed it, I'll just say it now. No one divides by zero and lives."

As he said this, Daniel took a seat, pulling himself closer to the table as he watched the screen, focusing on the wonder that is miss Allaneous.

Matthew smirked under his mask, the foxy sister wanted to play but Matthew didn't. He raised his shoulders, puffed out his chest then lightly pointed at Alistaire." Don't mistake my greeting for trust and don't presume to know who my 'friends' are, miss Alloway" The wolf's tone was obviously hostile. "But if you want me to unmask then I would first like to know why you two were chasing my tail about a certain diamond?" His words were lighter this time, not wanting to come off as too aggressive.

"I believe you can be loyal allies, friends even but trust should still be earned." He paused. "Also, my neck has been killing me lately so I'm trying to avoid any unnecessary activities like looking over my shoulder too much."

(sorry for the short post)

As Daniel entered the room, the butler simply said, "Ah glad you decided to join us after all Master Daniel. Now then, onto the menu for today." he snapped his fingers and five sirloin steaks were brought out by the chefs. At Alistaire's comment, Lisa's left eye twitched but she didn't say anything since Matthew could take care of himself.

Portal smiled at the twins, though it was more of a "If I have to keep you in line I will." sort of smile. what he said next was, "An excellent point Master Matthew. A trust exercise will be a wonderful idea. What say we give the new recruits the opportunity to trust them? What can Frost and Blackout do to show that we don't do something like this to them."

He promptly pulled out a machine gun and littered Lisa with holes. seeming as her power was to create illusions, the REAL Lisa was inverting the light around her body to make her invisible, while the fake one lie dead on the floor. Everyone except the two Alloways had been made aware of this fact by Portal's link. This was a plan that used illusions to make it seem as though Portal was gunning everyone down until the Alloway's were the only one's not bleeding out. If they freaked out, they would be sent on their way. If they went on offense and attacked the butler, Allaneous would watch and gauge their skill, as Portal had never lost a fight, and was not one to give into demands. If they helped the injured illusions, that would be seen as a strength and they would be greeted with the sight of the entire room changing back to the group eating and congratulating them. the gist of it was to see if they would trust their eyes, use their powers, or if they would become aggressive to the point of being uncontrollable. Miss Allaneous always made this move to know where to put her new recruits and what their assignments were based on how they reacted.

[div class=box2]
[div class=tags2 style="margin-top: 5px; margin-left: 16px;"]Alistair Alloway[/div]
[div class=imgA2]
Al1-1.jpg
[/div]

Al3.jpg
[/div]
[div class=post2]
The late arrival drew every eye when he showed up in jeans and a tshirt and wearing dark glasses, of all things. He recited the group's pledge, sat down, and fixed his gaze on the TV screen. Alistair, who was more observant and astute than he seemed, did not fail to notice that the same intensity marked his sister's gaze when studying him before she returned her attention to the mysterious masked man, object of Alistair's ire.

The man in question proceeded to respond to her playful banter with outright hostility- a choice both twins made a mental note of. Alistair knew his sister was probably drawing up an increasingly complex psychological profile for Skoll with every additional word that came out of his mouth.

At the word diamond, however, Alistair, who had been pretending not to listen to the conversation, turned his head sharply.

" 'Why'?" he demanded, a smattering of frost creeping up the fork he was tightly gripping. "You take out all three of our teams, cheating us out of our prize, and now you ask why we were-"

"Alistair!" his sister hissed, sharply. Immediately regaining control of himself, the frost vanishing as if it were never there, he pulled back, straightened, and cleared his throat.

"I apologize for my outburst- quite uncalled for. Please do forgive me." He then turned away from the man entirely, aiming to strike up a conversation with Lisa Le Fou.

At that moment, the food was brought in. Before anyone could eat anything, however, the majordome seemed to go completely insane, pulling out a machine gun and murdering everyone in the room except he and his sister.

Alistair made to jump up, to see if any of them were still alive, but he was halfway out of his seat when another sharp, barely audible hiss came from his sister's mouth. Alistaire had made no move to rise, and was now daintily helping herself to some steak.

He stared at her, dumbfounded, but sat back down anyways, wondering what the hell was going on. After taking a small sip of water, Alistaire said, seemingly to the room at large

"Resorting to such tricks really isn't called for, you know?" She took another bite. "We took the oath- our word is our bond."

Alistair still didn't fully understand what was going on, but he trusted that his sister did, so he followed her lead.

"You don't know us well enough yet to know this about us, but our word is our bond," she repeated. "We took the oath- we won't break it."
[/div]
Al4.jpg
[/div]

[div class=tags2 style="margin-left: 16px;"]Location:[/div][div class=extra2 style="margin-left: 16px;"]Dining room[/div]
[div class=tags2 style="margin-left: 125px;"]OOC:[/div][div class=OOC2]Steaks are getting cold ;P[/div]
[div class=tags2 style="margin-left: 23px;"]With:[/div][div class=extra2 style="margin-left: 23px;"]Lisa, Skoll, Chaos, Alistaire[/div]
[/div]

[class=box2] margin-left: 250px; width: 850px; height: 555px; border: 4px solid #000000; background-color: #e5e8e8; font-size: 10px; [/class] [class=tags2] width: 150px; border: 4px solid #000000; background-color: #7f8c8d; text-align: center; font-size: 10px; font-style: normal; font-weight: bold; color: #000000; [/class] [class=imgA2] margin-top: 5px; margin-left: -17px; width: 435px; height: 100px; border: 4px solid #000000; [/class] [class=imgB2] width: 150px; height: 330px; border: 4px solid #000000; [/class] [class=post2] margin-left: -17px; width: 435px; height: 330px; border: 4px solid #000000; text-align: justified; color: #7f8c8d; [/class] [class=extra2] width: 150px; text-align: center; font-style: italic; color: #000000; [/class] [class=OOC2] margin-left: -17px; width: 435px; text-align: center; font-style: italic; color: #000000; [/class]

"Ne ne ne, ne ne ne ne. Condescending butler with his crazy amount of power." Daniel would say, of course in his head, since he didn't feel like being served up for the new recruits desert today and when the butler pulled out the fake machine gun, he had thought he was caught out, causing him to actually put his hands up in surrender, before feeling stupid that he couldn't see through an illusion. "With a keen eye like that, I'd be surprised if she couldn't see through my own illusions. If I could figure out how to use them, that is." Daniel would inwardly think as he sighed aloud, watchIng intently as the alloway sister figured out the butlers tricks with ease.

"Man, back when I first joined, the old man here put me through a much worse illusion then that. I didn't see that one coming and obviously not this one either." Daniel would chuckle at his own stupidity as he tried to make conversation after the whole shabang, his glasses falling further down his nose, revealing his red orbs, which made him him push them back up to his eyes. "But welcome to the family, it sure has been a while since we saw some new faces, this guy hardly shows his." He'd point to the masked male with a childish smirk. "And I never see those two together. Glad to make your acquaintance, names Daniel Cross. Call me Chaos for short." Chaos would mention as he caught them looking in his direction for a moment.

Sköll was caught off guard by the emotional reaction of the brother, it seemed as though the diamond possibly had a personal element or he really cared about someone in one of the three teams that were slaughtered. And the subsequent wrangling by Alistaire was quite amusing in Matthew's eyes, it became quite apparent who was the brains behind this duo. "Hhhmmm... I meant what were you going to do to me---" Before Matt could continue in explaining himself, he was abruptly interrupted by Forever Portal pulling out a machine gun and then proceeding to gun them down or at least he pretended to be interrupted by the infamous butler. A long sigh reverberated inside Sköll, regretting ever saying/suggesting anything about trust.

"Oh... Of couuurrsee Dan, I never show my face surreee..." Sköll sarcastically remarked as he cracked his own neck to side. He quickly tugged on his mask to remove it. Revealing his short brown hair then opening his eyes to reveal the blue irises and the splotch of brown on the right eye's iris which was pretty noticeable. Matthew took a sip of his ale, the maids know Matthew dislikes wine so they never serve it to him. "Anyway, my name's Matthew Jäger Anderson or you can just call me Sköll." He still didn't trust them but if Alistaire can rein in Alistair then there might still be a chance for trust to grow.

[div class=box]
[div class=tags style="margin-top: 5px; margin-left: 16px;"]Alistaire Alloway[/div]
[div class=imgA]
Ai3.jpg
[/div]

Ai4-1.jpg
[/div]
[div class=post]
Alistaire's attention was caught by the late arrival. He seemed to have made it a point to dress casually for this, but the most intriguing detail of his appearance was his glasses. As he sat down and focused his attention on the TV screen, Alistaire eyed him approvingly.

Her attention was brought back to her original conversation partner when he spoke, his tone clearly hostile. She was surprised that he had asked why they'd been after him since the diamond incident- did he really not know?

His comment about not wanting to have to watch his back at every turn made sense, and Alistaire chuckled softly at his wit. If nothing else, he seemed to be a good conversationalist.

Alistair, being impetuous and quick to react, did not see it this way, angrily retorting before she silenced him. At that point, dinner was brought out, promptly followed by a most obvious test. Alistaire wanted to sigh- she found the whole thing in poor taste.

However, she kept tight control of herself (and of her brother, reacting on instinct as usual), as she always did. She calmly started on her dinner and attempted to reassure the others that she and her brother weren't a threat to them, despite what they all obviously seemed to think. She wasn't worried about whether or not they believed her- her words would simply be proven in time.

The late arrival sighed, sharing his experience upon first joining the group. She found his self-deprecating manner endearing, though she couldn't tell if he was being honest or not. When his glasses fell down and the color of his irises was revealed, Alistaire's eyes narrowed. Was that intentional? she wondered.

The man then welcomed them and introduced himself- Alistaire smiled.

"Pleasure to make your acquaintance, Daniel," she declared.

The other man responded to his teammate with obvious sarcasm. When he removed his mask, Alistaire was surprised- he was younger than she had expected him to be, clearly close to her age. She made note of the sectoral heterochromia- apparently, Daniel was not the only one with interesting eyes.

He then proceeded to introduce himself properly, which she appreciated. She smiled.

"Delighted to finally meet you," she responded with subtle emphasis, that predatory sheen in her eye once more.

"To answer your earlier query, what we meant to do to you was dependant on your reasons for doing what you did. You see, my brother," (here she made a small nod towards Alistair), "had his heart quite set on that diamond, and you cheated him out of it. He'd really like it back."

She made no mention of why he wanted it, as Alistaire had always found the whole thing ridiculous anyway. Alistair was rather hopeless when it came to these things though, and despite his stupidity Alistaire wanted to support him, even if she felt like his choice of partner was... uninteresting at best.

"For my part," she continued, "I'm less intrigued by the jewel than I am by you," she said bluntly, staring directly into his eyes. "Care to tell me how the hell you took out three teams of highly-trained professionals on your own? And while we're at it, why do they call you 'Sköll'?"

She crossed her hands as she waited for the answer, plate temporarily forgotten.
[/div]
Ai5.jpg
[/div]

[div class=tags style="margin-left: 16px;"]Location:[/div][div class=extra style="margin-left: 16px;"]Dining room[/div]
[div class=tags style="margin-left: 125px;"]OOC:[/div][div class=OOC]Heterochromia! >w<[/div]
[div class=tags style="margin-left: 23px;"]With:[/div][div class=extra style="margin-left: 23px;"]Lisa, Alistair, Matthew, Daniel[/div]
[/div]

[class=box] margin-left: 250px; width: 850px; height: 555px; border: 4px solid #000000; background-color: #e5e8e8; font-size: 10px; [/class] [class=tags] width: 150px; border: 4px solid #000000; background-color: #7f8c8d; text-align: center; font-size: 10px; font-style: normal; font-weight: bold; color: #000000; [/class] [class=imgA] margin-top: 5px; margin-left: -17px; width: 435px; height: 100px; border: 4px solid #000000; [/class] [class=imgB] width: 150px; height: 330px; border: 4px solid #000000; [/class] [class=post] margin-left: -17px; width: 435px; height: 330px; border: 4px solid #000000; text-align: justified; color: #7f8c8d; [/class] [class=extra] width: 150px; text-align: center; font-style: italic; color: #000000; [/class] [class=OOC] margin-left: -17px; width: 435px; text-align: center; font-style: italic; color: #000000; [/class]

Lisa was a bit shocked that they saw through her illusions, temporarily forgetting there was such a thing as a bluff, even though that's exactly what the group as a whole was doing. When she removed the effects of the illusion, she sat back down at her seat, and sighed. "Well that was fun and all but I am sure my brother is hungry and-"

Miss Allaneous cut her off, "Lisa, while I am sure your brother is famished, we do have the matter of the next assignment to discuss. The Alloways will be a great help to us for this mission seeming as without their hypnosis abilities we could never get close enough to accomplish this task. Take a look at this."

A large map of a museum was projected in the middle of the dining table. "A rather wealthy eccentric clientele has commissioned us to steal and ransom the Mona Lisa from the Louvre. They told us we can choose the amount we ask for, but they want 300,000 francs of it. Apparently they're idiots with too much money and free time, but I can think of a lot of ways to use the extra money seeming as they are asking for literally a small fraction of how much it's actually worth."

"Oooooooh! can we go to the Eiffel Tower while we're there?" Lisa asked smiling like someone said they were going to Disney World. Portal walked over and smacked her on the back of the head. "This is work, not a sightseeing trip."

Miss Alaneous continued, "Here's the issue... the Mona Lisa is open 24 hours to guests viewing pleasure, so we need to make people think they are still looking at it as we steal it. Illusions only go so far in a large crowd. we need Hypnosis. If you need time to refine your abilities, the date we were given was a week from now. Have a good meal, and may you never Divide By Zero!" the screen shut off.

Lisa took a plate of food to her room, where Oliver ate it, then Oliver swapped places with her and went to the shooting range in the back of the mansion. Making clones of himself, he began issuing orders as he played a mock battle similar to paintball, but with actual firearms.

[div class=box2]
[div class=imgA2]
Al1-1.jpg
[/div]

Al3.jpg
[/div]
[div class=post2]
The older man, Daniel, introduced himself in a good-natured manner, welcoming them to the family. Then, to his surprise, Sköll did the same, removing his mask to reveal a young man with brown hair and heterochromic blue eyes. Alistaire explained to him precisely why they were after him for the diamond theft, and he narrowed his eyes at Matthew to see how he would react. His sister then asked about what had concerned her most in this affair- how he had pulled it off.

When Miss Allaneous spoke, all heads turned towards her as she outlined their job. Alistair's eyes went wide. The Mona Lisa? You've got to be kidding.

As the floor plan of a famous and familiar museum appeared on the screen, he groaned softly. This was madness. He frowned when the payment was mentioned- something didn't quite add up.

Lisa exclaimed about wanting to go to the Eiffel Tower (and was promptly smacked on the head by the majordome), and Alistair laughed, but frowned at the next set of instructions.

"Wait, you want us to hypnotize an entire museum crowd? And what about people who leave and arrive? What about the cameras? And since when did the Louvre start offering 24-hour viewing anyway?" he fired off in quick succession. And they expected them to pull this off within a week? This was insane. Before he could voice any further concerns, however, the screen shut off.

Not seeming the least bit worried, Lisa took her plate of food and went off to her room. Alistair stared around the table at the others, wanting to know what they thought about this and hoping they agreed with him.
[/div]
Al4.jpg
[/div]

[div class=tags2 style="margin-left: 125px;"]OOC:[/div][div class=OOC2]Bahaha, panic ;P[/div]
[div class=tags2 style="margin-left: 23px;"]With:[/div][div class=extra2 style="margin-left: 23px;"]Matthew, Alistaire, Daniel[/div]
[/div]

Sköll took one more sip from his ale before he began to answer Alistaire's questions. Tsk "I stole the diamond purely for business, nothing personal if your brother worries about that" He started spinning a knife between his fingers while supporting his head with a balled fist. "But my icy comrade, you are in luck... " Matthew spoke with an elevated tone. Putting the knife down, Matthew unzipped his dark fleece jacket and reached inside, pulling out a neatly folded piece of paper."You'll find the contact information of the fencer that took the diamond off my hands, however after that... Well, I'm sure it changed enough hands by now but you can probably still find it." He placed the paper gently in the middle of the table. Matthew took up the knife and work then began to cut his steak. "As for how I took down your teams of pros..." He paused. "Jesus, let me tell you it wasn't easy. If I didn't have the element of surprise or my powers, I would be six feet under ground. If you want more details than that I can tell you later."

He resumed to cut his steak then remembered the last question. "Ah, Sköll... In honor of someone important to me." Why did she care about my alias anyway? He thought that last question was weird and frankly what kind of names were Arctic Blackout & Arclight Frost. He banished those pesky thoughts, the only thing Matthew wanted to do now was enjoy this delicious steak. Is what he would be doing if Miss Alaneous didn't start dumping the mission info on them, these steaks will get cold woman!

Mild frustrations aside, Matthew listened attentively as always. The clientele seems suspicious, their goal preposterous and the restrictions asinine but that's what this family was all about so it is/was pointless to complain. He grabbed his mask, hastily slipping it on as he chewed. "Maid." Motioning to the nearest one. "Reheat this piece then send it up to my room." The maid nodded and took his plate. Matthew noticed Alistair's worried stare. "The job reeks of frogs but what can ya do" A brief chuckle escaped. "Jokes aside, I don't like this either." He turned over to Chaos. "What do you think, Dan?"

[div class=box]
[div class=imgA]
Ai3.jpg
[/div]

Ai4-1.jpg
[/div]
[div class=post]
Matthew's response to her question was unexpected. Purely for business? Nothing personal? Admittedly, it was hard to conceive that such a thing could be pure coincidence, and not the result of some grudge. Although, if it was business, then perhaps it was simply that the person who actually had the grudge had hired him to do so. One of the O'Brians, perhaps, who was against Alistair's proposal? But then he mentioned a fence, and her expression clouded again. Could it really be that he had picked the object on accident and it really was all just a coincidence?

Matthew then surprised her further by giving her the fence's number. It seemed he really didn't have any personal stake in this. She could practically feel the waves of anger coming from her brother at that point. You stole the diamond out from under us and you don't even have it anymore? she could picture him thinking. Alistaire sighed- she didn't like it when her assumptions turned out to be incorrect. Reaching out, she delicately plucked the piece of paper from the table with a nod in Sköll's direction.

"Thank you," she said evenly as the paper disappeared in the folds of her gown. "We appreciate you being so forthright about this, and I apologize if we made any mistaken assumptions about you."

When he mentioned that stealing the diamond had not been easy, with just the right amount of emphasis, and offered to give her more details later, Alistaire smiled approvingly, leaning in with that predatory look once more.

"Mr. Anderson," she said. "Flattery will get you everywhere. I intend to take you up on that offer."

At the mention of 'someone important', she pulled back, wondering what the story behind that was and how many more mistaken assumptions she could have been making. At that point, dinner resumed, but was then interrupted by an announcement.

Alistaire frowned when Miss Alloway told them about the job- everything about it reeked, and she wondered if it might just be another test. She looked around the table as their leader spoke, watching carefully for the others' reactions. She wanted to roll her eyes at Lisa'a request, but refrained from it. After Miss Allaneous was done, the monitor shut off, and Lisa got up and left the table with her plate. Alistaire stared after her- Matthew wasn't the only one she wanted information from, after all, but she supposed talking to Lisa could wait.

Alistair was as skeptical about the plan as she was, and fired off a bunch of rapid questions. She nodded.

"My brother's right. Without a more detailed plan of approach, this cannot be done. I do hope actual mission instructions are forthcoming," she added with an arched eyebrow, clearly indicating that she expected more from such an organization.

Matthew had put his mask back on (what was that about, anyway?), sent the rest of his dinner up to his room with a maid, and admitted that he shared the siblings' discomfort. He asked Daniel for his opinion but, before he could reply, Alistaire chimed in.

"Aside from the worrisome nature of the request (famous art piece, all but impossible to obtain, virtually no instructions), what worries me most is the payment," she declared, elaborating "because it being so low isn't the only thing that's suspicious." She paused, then continued.

"Francs have been out of use for almost twenty years, which means that they will be difficult to obtain, which means that they will be traceable back to us. I see only two possible reasons for this. One, the person hiring us has a grudge against this group (or someone in it), and is setting us up (or has been hired by someone who has a grudge and is setting us up). Two, this job isn't the real job- it's a test, to see how we work and what we can do; an audition of sorts, to help them decide whether or not to hire us for the real job."

She fell silent after this pronouncement, looking around the table and waiting to see whether or not the others would agree.
[/div]
Ai5.jpg
[/div]

[div class=tags style="margin-left: 125px;"]OOC:[/div][div class=OOC]Something fishy's going on![/div]
[div class=tags style="margin-left: 23px;"]With:[/div][div class=extra style="margin-left: 23px;"]Matthew, Alistair, Daniel[/div]
[/div]

Portal smiled and said, "Miss Alloway makes a couple of very good points. This is obviously a trap. That said, what are you going to do about it?"

One of the battle maids spoke up, surprising those with powers, as she was only one with combat training and no powers to speak of. "Considering they want a dead currency, they can only be working for one person. The Apocrypha Artifachist."

Portal grimaced. "I haven't heard that name in quite a few years... If that's true, we may need to have contingency plans set up. He, if that particular enemy can be classified as a single person, has connections with quite a few of my... more personal enemies. That organization has only one goal. Get rid of criminals and impose their own law on the public using any and all means necessary. The groups operatives call themselves the One Order Of True Light. A bit of a mouthful if you ask me. If anyone has had any run ins with them before please share what you know. Miss Claudia, Please go get Oliver from the shooting range. Lisa will be informed later as she is not as level headed as her brother."

"Right away sir." the maid replied and Oliver Twist entered the room seconds later. "Those True Light Bastards... I've gotten into a scrape with them before... once I would corner one they would just blow up... self detonation. they had no intention of revealing any of their features or any of their plans. My guess is the A.A. is after someone in the organization to settle a score. They're pretty well known for holding grudges..."

[div class=box2]
[div class=imgA2]
Al1-1.jpg
[/div]
[div class=tags2 style="margin-top: 5px; margin-left: 23px;"]Cryokinetic[/div]+

Al3.jpg
[/div]
[div class=post2]
Alistair was somewhat mollified when Matthew explained that the diamond theft had been business and not personal, but his ire returned tenfold when he casually announced that he had fenced it and no longer had any idea where it was. Small arcs of electricity appeared around the fork his fist was clenched over as he glared at his new teammate.

"Are you kidding me? You stole the diamond out from under us, took out three of our teams, and now you don't even have it anymore?!" He knew Alistaire was rolling her eyes at his display of uncontrolled emotion, but he didn't care. Sköll, meanwhile, was ignoring him and presenting his sister with a card that had the contact info for the fence. She thanked him politely for it (Alistair still wanted to throttle the guy), apologized to him, and made plans to get more information from him later. Alistair restrained himself from groaning out loud with extreme difficulty, and took a deep breath to calm himself down.

The announcement about the job made for a good distraction, as everything about it felt totally off- he and Sköll at least agreed on that much. After his sister had given her analysis, the majordome, surprisingly, concurred, saying that the job was clearly a trap and then challenging them to see what they were planning to do about it. Alistair ground his teeth loudly in obvious frustration, a layer of frost climbing up the fork again. If the job was a trap, why accept it? Was everything here about testing member abilities and loyalty?

A maid then volunteered information on the group behind the phony offer, and Alistair frowned. The Apocrypha Artifachist? What on earth is that? he wondered.

When the majordome responded with more information, Alistair rolled his eyes. So they were being set up by an organization that was trying to eradicate all criminal groups? Why the hell had their boss even accepted this job? He sent someone off to summon Lisa's brother, who appeared virtually instantaneously mere seconds later, giving them more bad news. So Alistaire had correctly surmised that they had a grudge against someone in the group. The question was- who was it?
[/div]
Al4.jpg
[/div]

[div class=tags2 style="margin-left: 125px;"]OOC:[/div][div class=OOC2]Dun dun DUNNN ;P[/div]
[div class=tags2 style="margin-left: 23px;"]With:[/div][div class=extra2 style="margin-left: 23px;"]Matthew, Alistaire, Oliver[/div]
[/div]

Even though Matthew's face was obscured by his mask, a playful grin formed underneath when Alistaire responded with her signature predatory glee to his offer. While Matthew wanted to entertain his thoughts about Alistaire, they had to wait until this introduction-ceremony-turned-heist-examining-session was over. During Alistaire's eloquent analysis of the unorthodox heist, he remained silent but intently focused on her words. Matthew didn't expect Sir Forever Portal's answer to her presumptions.

The peculiar name, Apocrypha Artifachist kept spinning in his head, as if there was a certain familiarity to them. He leaned back into his chair and placed a knuckle under his chin. The young man became so lost in thought that Oliver's arrival had completely gone unnoticed. "Apocrypha.. Apocrypha.. Apocrypha" Matthew mumbled. He raised a hand over his mouth, still unable to ascertain as to where he knew them.

But then the epiphany struck akin to lightning striking the ground. Matthew removed his hand from his mouth area and looked back to the group. "I frequently indulge myself in the occult, not too much mind you but just enough to recognize certain symbols, names, places and et cetera et cetera however Apocrypha Artifachist's name only shows thrice in the entirety of the community's collective knowledge." Matthew clears his throat. "The first mention of it or them is long after the Nuremberg Trials, it detailed how it or them completely wiped out a sect of Esoteric Fascists in Brazil of all places but has since been thought to be conjecture or drivel sported by the inexperienced hobbyists. The second and third notable mentions of it or them were theories on their origins, some believed them to be a justice-obsessed cult that had its' origins in the Teutonic Order. Whilst some believed Apocrypha Artifachist to be an individual that is centuries old. Of course, when dealing with obscurity and rarity it is best to remain skeptical of any knowledge." A subtle sigh is heard. "I can try to dig up some more but I doubt I'll find any meaningful information. As for the 'One Order of True Light'... uhhh.. I don't have any information on that." He rubs the back of his neck.

[div class=box]
[div class=imgA]
Ai3.jpg
[/div]

Ai4-1.jpg
[/div]
[div class=post]
Alistaire's eyes narrowed when the majordome stated that this was obviously a trap and challenged them on what they planned to do about it- from the feel of things, she was convinced this was a test for the group, which she found irksome, to say the least.

The information about their enemy was cryptic at best, though the mention of an 'Order of the True Light' did ring a bell. Lisa' brother suddenly appeared at that point and gave them more information. When he stated that the Apocrypha must be out for revenge on someone in the group, Alistaire looked around the table carefully, wondering whom it might be.

Matthew then volunteered some surprising information on the Apocrypha, dating back to WWII and regarding their origins, as well as a weird theory about them being lead by an immortal. Alistaire rolled her eyes- she didn't believe in such things.

"I've never heard about the Apocrypha," she offered, "but a few years back the Order of One True Light was causing problems for my organization, delivering our members to the cops, as well as attacking, kidnapping, torturing and even killing them."

A few arcs of electricity appeared near her silverware, as she ground her teeth in a rare display of anger.

"They're a bunch of fanatical nutjobs," she declared with finality.
[/div]
Ai5.jpg
[/div]

[div class=tags style="margin-left: 125px;"]OOC:[/div][div class=OOC]Oooh she's mad ;P[/div]
[div class=tags style="margin-left: 23px;"]With:[/div][div class=extra style="margin-left: 23px;"]Oliver, Alistair, Matthew[/div]
[/div]

[class=ID] font-family:Happy Monkey; border: 5px SOLID #072e45; width:100%; border-radius:10px; overflow:hidden; margin-0px; [/class] [class=IDPic] line-height:0px; margin-0px; [/class] [class=Header] font-family:Special Elite; text-align:center; padding:5px; width:100%; background-color:#072e45; color:white; font-size:20px; [/class] [class=IDh2] font-family:Special Elite; background-color:white; padding:5px; text-align:center; color:#072e45; font-size:20px; padding-bottom:0px; [/class] [class=IDtext] padding: 10px; background-color:#072e45; border:3px SOLID white; color:white; text-align:center; border-bottom-right-radius:10px; border-bottom-left-radius:10px; margin-0px; [/class] [class=Text] padding: 10px; Border: 5px SOLID #2d0745; text-align:center; border-bottom-right-radius:10px; border-bottom-left-radius:10px; margin-0px; [/class] [class=Sh2] font-family:Special Elite; background-color:#2d0745; margin:-10px -10px 10px -10px; padding:5px; font-size:24px; color:white; [/class]
[div class=ID] [div class=IDPic]
ffa4a325e5eccfac62f9a7d2ddb522f7.jpg
[/div] [div class=Header] Rosita Valdez[/div] [div class=IDh2]Erebus[/div] [div class=IDtext] Interacting:
Alloway Twins Ayama Ayama

Oliver and Lisa JDizzle383 JDizzle383

Matthew Worthlessplebian Worthlessplebian

Mentioned:
N/A
[div class=Text] [div class=Sh2]Late Arrivals[/div] As the little dinner party had their fun with banter and silly rivalries the real thieves were out in doing their job, and they were running late. Wrapped round the sibling's wrists seemed like matching cuffs at first glance. Though on the inside the cuffs were inlaid with small pads of paper. Before this mission began Erebus, that is to say Rosita, had written the usual to effect the both of them for the next 24 hours: telepathy to be in constant contact, silence to keep from making any noise as they moved, and finally disguise a broad term to allow them to blend in anywhere though it had its 'quirks' for being so broad.

In her head she spoeke with her brother using the telepathy, 'You have 30 seconds to get us off this bastard plane or I'm gonna throw us both to the ocean myself.'

'You know taking you with me is risky!! Wireless travel could leave your legs here and your head at home. ' Hemera, that is to say Marco, internally hissed trying to sum up the concentration for a 2 person trip off this plane as bullets hit against the other side of the door his sister kept closed.

'You were supposed to be improving! If it weren't for your rotten beast'-

'OUR BEASTS!! ARE ASSHOLES!! So just fucking write on the way down!' He grabbed his sister and opened the door outside and tossed her out while the creature on his arm laughed him as she fell towards the sea below with their prize. He himself at least going through the circuitry of the air craft to appear in the cockpit. Two pilots met dream town as he pulled himself together enough to hitch a ride to land with all his concentration.

"You Bastard!!!!" Erebus yelled out as they plummeted down towards the sea below frantically trying to write on her arm furiously before hitting the water's surface

----

In a room away from the others two bodies appeared. One damp with sea water, cutting it close and the other dry as bone and receiving a slap in the face. Both of them speaking Spanish now as Rosita berated Marco for throwing her out. "You idiot!! Not only are we late but you threw me!! You have to act better than that! We're professionals. You should've taken the hard drive you idiot! Then maybe my free fall would've been a better idea."

"I know I know but I couldn't risk the data getting corrupted by the noise in the data stream, this isn't science, there no guarantee it'll come back the same with me, but with you dear professional sister." He smiled. "It was for sure. Now come on, Alaneous is probably ready to brief us on what we missed and eager get her hands on the hard drive. "

Rosita gave him a glare and wrote on her little pad of paper, her damp coat and combat boots turning to a simple black button up, with a sleek coat a grey vest and blue tie. "Your turn." she took his wrist and wrote on it , the words disappearing at her touch to apply an effect on his clothes. His attire just like here though with whites and a red tie. "No you look proper. Remember you can be stupid with me but we've been here longer, we set the example, and no one better start calling you by any stupid nick names, You're Hemera and I'm Erebus and no one will ever know different. No more little pets or "pals." We're-"

"Professionals," He chuckled, "Every time you say it and every time do I ever fail you? I'm the older one not you. Don't worry, we'll only be a little late how's that for professional?" He chuckled and she let out a small laugh.

"Just don't try anything, you know I like an air of mystery."

"Ah yes so dramatic." The creature of the dark said in her ear, slithering on her skin, though she ignored it.

---

After playing catch up and putting the drive some where safe the two arrived to dinner in an instant thanks to her words. The effect of teleportation was a rather fun one. "Excuse us." Erebus spoke in English with a perfect American Accent. "No one Divides By Zero and Lives." She and her brother spoke together before she continued. "We had to take care of some trouble that ran us late. Otherwise meeting our newest members would've been first on our agenda."She spoke formally her voice not loud as it was easily heard across the room.

"Yes, a shame really," Hemera says though grins at snowy looking twins. "Its lovely to meet you two really we were caught up before hand Alistaire and Alistair." He grinned, a more charismatic ring to his voice as his eyes were on the woman. "You can call me Hemera, and my younger sister, what a charm, you may call her Erebus." He gave a slight bow before sitting in the empty seats nearer the head of the table.

"It's nice to see the rest of you as well not often la familia gets to be together like this, though to business a job like this could be done more simply by myself maybe even my brothers help. I don't agree with having new recruits springing traps involving Apocrypha's cult of Criminals." She said and seemed to be interrupted by something a moment. Which ended up being her brother telepathically telling her to ease up and just agree to the task. She sent him a piercing side glare. "I don't doubt Miss Allenous but frankly I doubt you."

She looked at the twins with a bit of disdain. They looked like a polar bear was shredded apart and stitched back together blindfolded for their wardrobe. Though Erebus was harsh when it came to her judgement. She felt a lad shouldn't flaunt herself unless it was for a better purpose than showing off and flirting about. Erebus preferred, elegance over low cut revealing fashion like the twin chose. "Certainly there's better paces to break them in than messing up a heist such as the Mona Lisa-"

"What My sister means is that perhaps practice should be your only focus until the mission if you want to assure we as a, team can rely on you whole-heartedly." Hemera smiled was almost sickeningly sweet. His sister was alway so harsh, couldn't she see that there was a reason they were brought her? sure a little, rough round the edges. Maybe a few fashion tips, a real hair dresser a- he was getting off topic. They just needed a little work, they were new gears to this perfect machine the family was, they just needed to find their fit to make things work. "You might have made it pass induction but, don't think now you can breathe easy. We're, all," he looked at his sister with a smug grin, "Professionals, after all aren't we?" [/div]
[div class=ID style="border: 5px SOLID #45070c;"] [div class=IDPic]
6ee0d23cf2f85dec6814cd37455ed857.jpg
[/div] [div class=Header style="background-color:#45070c;font-family:'Press Start 2P';font-size:17px;"] Marco Valdez[/div] [div class=IDh2 style="color:#45070c;font-family:'Press Start 2P';font-size:17px;"]Hemera[/div] [div class=IDtext style="background-color:#45070c;font-family: Anonymous Pro;"] Interacting:

Oliver and Lisa JDizzle383 JDizzle383

Matthew Worthlessplebian Worthlessplebian

Mentioned:
N/A

Last edited:
Portal grimaced, "I'm afraid Sköll is more accurate in his findings than most of the rest of you. The A.A. is one of those people who just seems to have either an extremely long existence or is in fact unkillable. And Miss Alloway, the One Order is indeed a group of fanatics as you say, but a nut job would be unaware of his actions, and these people know exactly what they are doing, so it is unlikely they are crazy in the most basic sense of the word."

As soon as the last two members of the HFZ entered the room, Alaneous appeared on the monitor as if she was expecting them to be there exactly at that very moment. "And how was your little Solo Mission?" she asked, a sort of hunger in her eyes for the object they had been tasked to retrieve. Lisa sneezed a moment later, though Oliver ignored her, playing the "Who did that" game to keep his secret safe. As he finished his Steak, he got up and said, "If anyone wants to find me, ask my sister. She'll pass on the message. I have some business to attend to."

He left and swapped with Lisa, who decided she wanted to find out more about the Alloways, so she waited outside the frosty twin's rooms to catch one of them and have a bit of a back and forth before she lost the chance.

[div class=box2]
[div class=imgA2]
Al1-1.jpg
[/div]

Al3.jpg
[/div]
[div class=post2]
When Sköll volunteered the information he had on the Apocrypha, Alistair narrowed his eyes. A cult? An immortal leader? What kind of bedtime story was this?

His sister remembered the trouble they had had with the Order of the True Light all too well, and when her anger manifested in her words and tone and rare display of arcane power, he nodded, ice creeping up from his fist.

At that point, two people arrived to join them, unapologetically late. He didn't like the grinning, the look or the tone the siblings used when introducing themselves and greeting them.

He was, however, surprised, when one of them outright said they shouldn't be a part of this job. Alistair's fork was now both encased in ice and beginning to crackle with electricity. The aspersions cast first on their motivation, then on their skills, coupled with the disdainful looks and tone of voice pushed him beyond his tolerance level. A few sparks crackled from the metal in his fist as he looked at the siblings.

"Let me get this straight," he began. "You're saying you have an issue with my sister and I being on this job, despite the fact that you can't pull it off without us. You recruited us, remember? Not the other way around. And now, you're trying to suggest that we stay behind because you don't trust us- is that right?"

He glanced at his sister, expecting to see a familiar irritation when he didn't keep a lid on his emotions but, to his surprise, she wasn't even looking at him, instead glaring at the siblings with an intense dislike of her own.

At that point, the tense moment in the room was broken by Miss Allaneous' sudden reappearance on the television monitor, asking for a progress report from the new arrivals. Oliver then got up and left the room, instructing them to find his sister if they needed him. Alistair watched him leave the room in surprise.

He's just going to leave? In the middle of this? he wondered incredulously.
[/div]
Al4.jpg
[/div]

[div class=tags2 style="margin-left: 16px;"]Location:[/div][div class=extra2 style="margin-left: 16px;"]Dining Room[/div]
[div class=tags2 style="margin-left: 125px;"]OOC:[/div][div class=OOC2]Oooh now he's pissed xD[/div]
[div class=tags2 style="margin-left: 23px;"]With:[/div][div class=extra2 style="margin-left: 23px;"]Alistaire/Sköll/Hemera/Erebus[/div]
[/div]

Last edited:
Matthew, after having said all that he knew about the AAs, was about to get up and depart for his room before the Valdez duo waltzed in the room from their "solo" mission. He found himself questioning why there were so many damnable twins in this family, Verstalia, Alloways. The young man snapped back into this conversation in time to catch what Rosita and Marco thought about them.

Ouch - Rosita's thoughts on the Alloways were harsh but Matthew can understand her perspective on the matter. Exhibit A: Is that poor fork, abused by Alistair because he had never taken an anger management course in his LIFE. Then again, Matthew has seen heroes with more hotheaded personalities than him and they seem to be doing okay. In all honesty, Matt just wants to get off this table, feels like he's been sitting for hours. "Well... If you'll excus----" And once again, the wolf is cut off by none other than Miss Alaneous herself, as if her gracious had the supernatural gift of foresight. Regardless of the method she uses to make dramatic entrances and reappearances, Matt sat down once again, daring not to show disobedience.

Oliver left but that didn't surprise him as he's grown used to Oliver's and Lisa's frequent comings-and-goings he wondered why that was however he couldn't be sure unless he breached their trust which he was in no rush to do.

Judging by Miss Alaneous' tone it appears as she has an enormous interest into what Valdez twins retrieved, naturally Matthew's semi-curious nature was piqued and decided to last a few more minutes on the table.

Last edited:
[div class=box]
[div class=imgA]
Ai3.jpg
[/div]

Ai4-1.jpg
[/div]
[div class=post]
Alistaire observed the latest arrivals with detached neutrality- at first. From the place they chose at the table, their general demeanor, and that of the others when they joined the group, she gathered they were the most senior members here. The slight emphasis put on 'meeting the new members' had Alistaire's eyes narrowing. She detected a hint of hostility too subtle to be out in the open.

The brother introduced them, eyes on Alistaire, and she nodded her head in acknowledgement.

"I don't agree with having new recruits springing traps involving Apocrypha's cult of Criminals."

Ah, there it was, Alistaire thought. Guess they were done with being subtle. ...Or perhaps 'subtle' was simply not the sister's specialty.

Alistaire watched as her brother became more and more visibly enraged with each new comment and dirty look and, for once, she didn't try to stop him. After his outburst, Miss Allaneous suddenly reappeared on the screen, asking for a report on the mission that had caused their late arrival. Then Oliver simply up and left, instructing them to reach his sister if they needed him. From the others' lack of reaction, she gathered it was something that happened regularly.

Alistaire decided to take a different tack than her brother, idly trailing sparks over her silverware in an obvious display of boredom.

"As my brother so amicably pointed out," she began sardonically, noticing him calming down, "you are not the ones in charge here. Allaneous recruited us for this group, and Allaneous made the plan for this mission (albeit one that cannot possibly hope to work) centered around our abilities. If you have an issue with that, I suggest you take it up with her," she concluded with a nod at the television screen.

She leaned back in her chair. Like Matthew, she had been planning to leave the table, but neither of them were about to do so when there was clearly interesting information about to be reported on.
[/div]
Ai5.jpg
[/div]

[div class=tags style="margin-left: 16px;"]Location:[/div][div class=extra style="margin-left: 16px;"]Dining Room[/div]
[div class=tags style="margin-left: 125px;"]OOC:[/div][div class=OOC]Everyone's so curious ;P[/div]
[div class=tags style="margin-left: 23px;"]With:[/div][div class=extra style="margin-left: 23px;"]Alistair, Sköll, Erebus, Hemera[/div]
[/div]

[class=ID] font-family:Happy Monkey; border: 5px SOLID #072e45; width:100%; border-radius:10px; overflow:hidden; margin-0px; [/class] [class=IDPic] line-height:0px; margin-0px; [/class] [class=Header] font-family:Special Elite; text-align:center; padding:5px; width:100%; background-color:#072e45; color:white; font-size:20px; [/class] [class=IDh2] font-family:Special Elite; background-color:white; padding:5px; text-align:center; color:#072e45; font-size:20px; padding-bottom:0px; [/class] [class=IDtext] padding: 10px; background-color:#072e45; border:3px SOLID white; color:white; text-align:center; border-bottom-right-radius:10px; border-bottom-left-radius:10px; margin-0px; [/class] [class=Text] padding: 10px; Border: 5px SOLID #2d0745; text-align:center; border-bottom-right-radius:10px; border-bottom-left-radius:10px; margin-0px; [/class] [class=Sh2] font-family:Special Elite; background-color:#2d0745; margin:-10px -10px 10px -10px; padding:5px; font-size:24px; color:white; [/class]
[div class=ID] [div class=IDPic]
ffa4a325e5eccfac62f9a7d2ddb522f7.jpg
[/div] [div class=Header] Rosita Valdez[/div] [div class=IDh2]Erebus[/div] [div class=IDtext] Interacting:

Allenous JDizzle383 JDizzle383

Mentioned:
N/A
[div class=Text] [div class=Sh2]Concerns[/div]
Let me get this straight," he began. "You're saying you have an issue with my sister and I being on this job, despite the fact that you can't pull it off without us. You recruited us, remember? Not the other way around. And now, you're trying to suggest that we stay behind because you don't trust us- is that right?"
"As my brother so amicably pointed out," she began sardonically, noticing him calming down, "you are not the ones in charge here. Allaneous recruited us for this group, and Allaneous made the plan for this mission (albeit one that cannot possibly hope to work) centered around our abilities. If you have an issue with that, I suggest you take it up with her," she concluded with a nod at the television screen.
Oh this was rich, Rosita thought. They really were getting up in arms about this? What did they expect? To just be in their comfy positions now? This wasn't a game nor some cushy office job. They had to earn more trust than the minimum Rosita would give them from being inducted. Allenous her self said they would need the week to prepare. Hell Alistair himself said he was unsure his ability would be able to handle this scope of a job.

Did they really think no one would question them? This wasn't some silly little mob after jewels and drugs. The family was a whole different league. This particular mission was a trap set for the family by insane people. It was more than reasonable to suggest more expert minds on the job and for the new ones to take on something that wasn't so risky. Something they could come out alive from even if they made a mistake.

Mark could see his little sister wanted to cut right through the twins but thankfully Allenous had asked about the hard drive. Rosita went ahead to answer. "Yes the hard drive." Rosita said, "It has already been delivered to the usual drop off for you. Should reach you momentarily. As far as our mission, it was quite a trip." She looked to her brother."Hemera can explain that."

He gave a guilty smile, his expressions and delightful demeanor a stark opposite to his serious sister. "Just a slight bump was all we got out of there alive and the guards didn't, no one will find them either. No need to worry Erebus." He smirked as Rosita rolled her eyes at him. The plane had crashed right into the ocean and he had made sure to wipe its existence digitally before arriving here.

"Though if I may go back to Alistair's comment." Rosita butted in. "It's not a matter of if you should be here. Being inducted into our little group grants you one thing I rarely care to give. Which is whether I care you succeed, and stay alive, I cannot speak for the others but My concern for this mission is that if you screw up, not only will you put us all at risk but yourselves. If they deign you important enough to capture well, there goes some of our secrets do you understand? Or is that temper tantrum clouding your mind? This isn't child's play." She gave him a sharp glare

"So if you're not absolutely, one hundred percent confident that you can pull of this mission then again I say you two should take on something else while some one does the mission right, and escape the trap alive." Her head turned tot the screen, "Miss Allenous these two will require a lot of work to be up to par. Springing the trap at the Mona Lisa with the information we have now from the hard drive will be simple for Hemera and I, Let the new recruits take their time to settle into the team. "

"Careful now Allenous might stick you with baby sitting and training them both for the Mona Lisa." say a voice only her ears could pick up. One could catch a glimpse of the dark tattoo on her skin moving up her neck.

"They wouldn't survive." She could smirk at the thought.

Mark took a breath, as right as his sister was the twins didn't seem able to take in criticism calmly. using the telepathy still active on them both he spoke to Rosita. "Be careful Rosita, you mean well but you don't want to shorten the fuse on these two. If Allenous says they will go then we just have to do twice as better to make up for it"

She thought back to him "We shouldn't have to make up for it, this isn't a petty heist Marco we have to be cautious and smart and calm."

"Then we can speak to Allenous in private, that way they won't hear us and blow up on it" He reasoned. A moment later she regrettably agreed. He smiled at her despite nothing being said between them. In the end they were still siblings and Rosita still cared about his opinion, well cared enough to agree with him. [/div]
[div class=ID style="border: 5px SOLID #45070c;"] [div class=IDPic]
6ee0d23cf2f85dec6814cd37455ed857.jpg
[/div] [div class=Header style="background-color:#45070c;font-family:'Press Start 2P';font-size:17px;"] Marco Valdez[/div] [div class=IDh2 style="color:#45070c;font-family:'Press Start 2P';font-size:17px;"]Hemera[/div] [div class=IDtext style="background-color:#45070c;font-family: Anonymous Pro;"] Interacting:
Allenous JDizzle383 JDizzle383

Mentioned:
N/A

Users who are viewing this thread

Back