• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Heavy Is The Crown

Perhaps the black sheep of the family is someones bastard offspring turned intrepid Spy/Assassin- taking the Hulbradim love of intrigue in a perhaps more bloody route than is generally considered normal, but retaining a certain love of information gathering. Loyal to his family, but at the same time painfully aware that he doesn't quite fit in properly, and given as much to Envy as he is to Sloth.

A little man who is pathetic in a few ways, and deeply impressive in others- someone who is calmly putting people he generally dislikes before himself routinely.

Before we can nail down exact character relationships, we may need more concrete emotional and mental descriptions.

Thus far, I am perceiving Adeline as well meaning but flighty, a creative genius who can't help but be somewhat insulated from the real world, powerful...but perhaps unhelpfully neutral.

Edel feels calm, efficient, self contained, perhaps with some hidden, never expressed fangs?

Tristan would be:

Less fun than he used to be. More serious. Probably a happy go lucky young man before the war, and a sad eyed killer of men afterwards. How would Adeline feel about her cheerfully irresponsible little brother having apparently become a coldly efficient warlord?

How would Edel feel, given that this is her uncle, but an uncle so close in age to be more of a cousin?

Depending on the circumstances, Tristan might have become annoyingly protective of Edel, not knowing what she in turn has become.

I kinda half expect a tendency from Adeline to treat him as a little boy still, being periodically surprised to remember everything that's happened.

Does that sound off base?

Edel would probably associate Tristan's change alongside her father's death, and as a child/teenager, it might not register correctly. Like, she might instead see it as grief, or even as a sort of... shift in her perceptions, that the world is less cheerful for her father's passing. When she's older, she will of course, understand it for what it is, but as a child...

But Edel'll most likely have a great deal of respect for Tristan, and his method of being a general. If anything, she'd see him more a brother, and an ideal to strive towards. The whole "annoyingly protective" thing... she might subtly encourage or endorse such a thing... After all, she is a simple quartermaster...

It's pretty close to what I was envisioning their relationship consisted of. Adeline's greatest goals are things of personal creation for the sake of creating them. A person playing minecraft just to build more and more elaborate structures, abandoning them as new ideas come to mind. Her family has endured this for quite some time, dealing with both her flights of creation and her periods of being a near absentee. It's up to them how they react to it, Adeline being currently delightfully ignorant of any ill effects.

Tristain will still probably get treated like a child still, not so much out of a maternal instinct but not recognizing the growth he's gone through in her absence. Her world sorta spins around her and when things leave it, they don't change.

Dealing with his shift, for now at least, will be done by outright ignoring it and heavily guilting him in anyway possible.

Aye, but my headcanon said that it was like... a mix of things like Urd, Tock, Tradestongue, and Spirespeak, all mishmashed together by refugees, outcasts, and other folks fleeing or forced from their point of origin, taking home in Shaydensea. 'Course, something like that could only occur after a good few years, and places in which to cultivate it.

I mean, it could be in its infancy now, what with the massive influx of refugees no doubt displaced by the war, the more magical or simply the intensely determined setting up settlements within its depths, but the fact of the matter is, inner Shaydensea is still a bit of a bitch to get to without airships.

Investiture!

Remind me again, permanent in the individual, but not hereditary?

Was thinking about the House military, and considering that Tristan's bodyguard, captains, lieutenants, and sergeants would be Invested. Probably not every sergeant, but no-one gets above sergeant without it.

I have an idea about an adjutant, who has NOT been Invested, despite there being some bloody good reasons for it. I'm picturing said lieutenant having been recruited after losing a battle to Tristan, but impressing him nonetheless. Pattern mutants acceptable as lieutenants?

Loyal non invested have a purpose in not showing any demonic taint in Inquisition blood tests nor would they show traits/tendencies commonly associated with the Houses.

Definitely useful to keep a couple of those around in your pocket.

[QUOTE="The Fuzz]Investiture!
Remind me again, permanent in the individual, but not hereditary?

Was thinking about the House military, and considering that Tristan's bodyguard, captains, lieutenants, and sergeants would be Invested. Probably not every sergeant, but no-one gets above sergeant without it.

I have an idea about an adjutant, who has NOT been Invested, despite there being some bloody good reasons for it. I'm picturing said lieutenant having been recruited after losing a battle to Tristan, but impressing him nonetheless. Pattern mutants acceptable as lieutenants?

[/QUOTE]
Acceptable! Not hereditary by power but often by tradition.

Sorry, I got no alerts for this conversation.

I can make the extra room, for you.

I actually wouldn't object to additional players taking on adjunct roles on the like, either.

Also, an important note: please do not get hung up on the Vice/House connections. Those are officially something of a development artifact now.

Siddhar's Ethics was a first step towards adding more depth to every element of the setting, including Infernal Scions and attitudes surrounding them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back