• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Heavy Is The Crown

There may be an unwritten Style that fits there - I haven't even listed all of them.

I am probably just going to release a new MA every month once the book is done next Xmas.

It's an Exalted martial art about emulating the Pattern Spiders; the godlings that tend the Loom of Fate, and also embodying the spider as a symbol of consumption.

Reproducible as a Hulbrad style, though.

It also has the best sutra:

Once there was a small maiden

Whose skill was great enough to climb a whirlwind over water

Arrows fell upon her, forcing her to descend

But the Essence burning within her set the arrows afire

She answered the arrows' flight with a storm of her own

And the small maiden began

To climb the waterspout again.

If I see a hint of Creation Slaying Oblivion Kick, though...

Last edited by a moderator:
My favourite is still:

Scripture of the One Handed Maiden Once, there was a maiden…

…who struck an iron wall until it shattered her hand.

She did not stop, though cracks spread through her bones.

She did not stop, though blood sprayed her eyes.

She did not stop until she shattered the wall.

“Survival is fury,” she said.

The fact that it's also in Infernals is entirely coincidental.

There could be. Might need semi-regular posting, but the Adversarial position is open - basically means being the black sheep of the family, the one who challenges the person in charge and questions decisions being made to try and find holes in the plan. Devil's Advocate for the good of the House, basically.

Also sometimes the necessary evil, since their reputation might allow the House to deny involvement if they need them to do something, or they can make use of connections denied the more obviously loyal members of the House.

I actually very much like that concept. A rougish sort of fellow, who is doing it out of their own sense of honor rather than actually being a bad person, per se; someone who is as you said, a challenger of established authority- for the houses own good, because sometimes established authority is wrong- or at least needs an argument against it to push it into motion.

Old Testament Satan; "The Accuser", mixed in with a little plausible deniability. Hrm... and the house everyones gone for is.. Hulbrad?

Well... wait, is there a thread for this game to start chargen in?

Also, I dont' remember the racial modifiers for the Darkening Skies rules... that said.

I wouldn't mind once I start establishing a character..

SephirothSage said:
Well... wait, is there a thread for this game to start chargen in?
Also, I dont' remember the racial modifiers for the Darkening Skies rules... that said.

I wouldn't mind once I start establishing a character..
Infernal Scions don't really get any because of their bullshit slew of powers and Expressions. I think we've been giving them the human Fitness bonus all this time because I never remembered to correct anyone using it.

Newest version of the rules should be in my sig, but I'll check after I sleep a bit.

@Grey No, I've been expressly making sure not to give them the fitness bonus. Lenore had it in the beginning, but we clarified it after a while, and I took it out.

@Teh Frixz Well, Edel is generally an assistant to the Quartermaster, so she might scope out locations for your Architect, materials for her to build with, or what and where Adeline's teas and "herbal supplements" are and coming from. As for actual relation, she might be her little sister, especially since Adeline is supposed to be what, around 100? Though that brings to mind, which of our folks was the Hulbrad? And if that's the case, why is there such a disparity in our ages ('cause Edel is only like anywhere from her late 20s to early 30s. She ain't that old.)?

...actually, with that in mind, funnier option could be that Edel is Adeline's kid...

I like the idea of being Edels mom so much I squeaked. I also like the idea of not remembering who her Father is ("But I wrote it down somewhere around here. He had such nice eyes, that's where you got them you know") I've a feeling Adeline would be a lot of people's Great Aunt.

Alright, I can run with that. Edel is Adeline's daughter. It's a fun dynamic that I've never really seen or played before.

...so how would Adeline have been as a mother, 'cause that'll directly influence Edel, and how she interacts with Adeline (and a good deal of other stuff too...)

Well, the temptation of being a being of Sloth would have influence in her being a bit independent or absentee but not in the classical cold uncaring way. Adeline probably stuck around until she was certain Edel was going to survive/turn out alright and began to drift off after that. Kind of like a Hippie mom that got a new boyfriend.

It really depends on how the relation with Edels Father is. Though regardless I see Adeline being warm and loving to her daughter and maybe a bit intrusive where she shouldn't be.

Edit: to clarify. A brilliant childhood and mostly vacant teenage years leading into an overcompensating adulthood

Okay, I can dig that.

From that, I can see Edel loving her mother, but being unwilling to rely on her, and definitely not wiling to trust her with any tasks or secrets. Like, she'll do things with her and for her, but any plans she makes with her tend to not be very important, or are easily replaced.

Any ideas on an old man? Is he still around, or is he even still alive? I mean, they were turbulent years recently, and everyone was recently at war...

One too many 'We need to get together!' plans completely forgotten by Adeline. Perfect.

For Edels dad, how much involvement do you want with him? If Adeline was alright 70-80 years old, she'd probably be tired of the same old Hulbrad tendencies in men and go instead for a rip roaring adventuring type. If we want a soldier or fighter, Either a Shadyensea Pirate lord, some sort of Spire Captain, or maybe a zealous Inquisition officer she had a sordid passion filled affair with.

It's up to you how much they raised Edel together and where!

Remember that at this point in the timeline, guns and skyships haven't yet been invented.

Well, considering this is right after the War of the Three Dragons, there wouldn't be much of a Shaydensea just yet, and airships haven't been invented. The Spirelords Trading Cabal isn't a huge thing just at the moment, 'cause it's more like... the Spire City States? And the Inquisition would have only just been founded in recent years, and since they've been assigned to basically police the Infernals, there's probably still a bit of tension between them.

Edit: Dangit Grey, why you snipe me.

So yeah, probably a soldier of some sort. And in fairness, considering this time of turmoil, I don't see him having survived that long.

But I think Adeline would have raised Edel in the Black Rose, trying to keep her as far from the war as possible. The impact of her father's death probably would have left a lasting impression on the girl, but even then, I still see a happy childhood, sheltered from the War of the Three Dragons. After all, it's pretty difficult to wage an assault on the Black Rose considering it's a bitch to get to without airships, or significant magical mumbo jumbo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back