• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
Characters
Here

Hugh Flynn

Hey you, hope you're happy up there. <3

So... what's up?

The world is ending.
Then again, when isn't it ending in the Percy Jackson universe?
The starry gavel has sounded, mourning the death of its earthen counterpart.
The once soft twinkle of the night sky now glows dimly with a grim countenance.
Heaven itself has declared judgment.

Guilty.

Now gods, demigods, and mortals alike are in danger.
Ouranos has risen, seeking revenge for his loved one.
Our campers must unite once more to defend both deity and humanity from starry oblivion.
Will they prevail?
Or will the sky be too much to bear?

It's lunchtime at Camp Half-Blood and the clamor of hungry campers can be heard even beyond the camp's magical barriers. Start off anywhere within the camp and make your way to the dining pavilion, or just start at the dining pavilion itself!
so... what to do?

Possible Topics of Conversation:

The Camp Directors... or rather... the Lack of Camp Directors.
Both camp directors are nowhere to be seen. Odd considering it is nearly lunchtime, and unsupervised teenagers with magical powers are something you'd want to keep your eyes on 24/7.

The Campers' Schedule
It's Friday... What's on Friday again?

Possible People of Interest:
Any of the Three Cleaning Harpies
Aello, Celaeno, and Ocypete seem a bit crankier today than other days.

GM's Notes to the Public:
hi, have fun~!

Heaven's Judgment

coded by weldherwings.

Last edited:
MOOD: -

OUTFIT: click!

basics
MENTIONS:

AnimeGenork AnimeGenork

tags
MISC xxx
tl;dr
Ren Shi
Son of Hades
Ren fidgets nervously with the wrapper of his cupcake, pulling his knees to his chest as he shifts on the bench next to Violet. They always eat lunch together, usually with her scolding him the whole time for his sweet tooth. It's a pretty fair criticism, but he doesn't much care about his diet when he never seems to feel the physical consequences. Maybe it's one of the many, many benefits of being a child of Hades, maybe he just won the genetic lottery, but Ren isn't planning on changing any time soon. "Vi," He says after he finishes up his food and leans his arm against the table, languishing like a lazy cat.

"I think I have a bit of a new crush - how do you think I should woo this one?" A small smirk crosses his lips. Violet is one of the most amusing sources of romantic ideas - mainly because she's quite sheltered. His dear, innocent friend was raised as a fighter, not a lover - yet... she's still sugary sweet enough for Ren. He used to be hopelessly in love with her, but now she's more of his best friend. He'd tear apart hell for the sweet healer. "He's a Hephaestus kid - maybe I should learn more about working with my hands..~" Ren smirks, though he's well aware the innuendo will go over Violet's head.
code by valen t.

Collin "Corvus" Rune

Mood: famished

Outfit: black tank top and headband

Interactions: Jessie, Zeke, Sarah

The deafening clang of hammer against molten metal resonated from the open-air forge.

Oh mighty Hephaestus. Of course, they're playing in the forge. Why wouldn't they be?

Collin Rune was trudging down the dirt path leading to the forge, on a mini-journey to rein in the insubordinate batch of kids everyone calls Cabin Nine. Lunch was just about to start and absolutely zero Cabin Niners were in line at the door. With hands in his pockets and eyes wandering the cloudy expanse overhead, this child of Hephaestus has no idea what's coming for him.

The shrill voice of a kid pierced the silent air, "I CALL UPON THE ANCIENT MAGIC OF THE GOD OF FORGERY- OW, HEY!"

All of a sudden, a fireball whizzed past Collin's face, sending chills down his spine as the brief spike in temperature caught him off guard. The inner mama in Collin woke up with a start, pushing him to book it to the forge. A few screams started to come from the forge, pumping adrenaline into his veins. With one foot after the other, the teen hastily bounded down the dirt path, pure hazel eyes slowly shifting into a bright red shade. The glow of the forge grew in size as he neared, eventually enveloping the teen as he entered the forge.

"What the hell's happening?!" came Collin's voice as his hands burst into flames, poised to incinerate anything that threatened his cabinmates.

The noisy atmosphere immediately cut quiet as just about seven heads all simultaneously turned to look at him, each camper cowering behind the intricate shields that hung on the wall. One of them finally found their voice and shouted, "Big Bro! Jessie set himself on fire-"

As if on cue, the naughty little perpetrator came abounding from behind one of the worktables, quite literally consumed in a column of dancing flames and smoke. Immediately the eight-year-old started screaming at the top of his lungs, bolting across the forge to scare the other kids out of their hiding places. The high-pitched yelping and shrieking bonanza resumed once again as each camper dropped the shield they were hiding behind to dash behind Collin. With his eyes dimming back down to their natural hazel color, the whole scene prompted Collin to sigh in exasperation as shields dropped to the floor around him.

Just another day at camp. Let's regain control, shall we? I don't want to miss lunch. At least not again...

"CABIN NINE."

Collin's voice boomed above everyone else's voice, the sheer steeliness freezing everyone, even the Human Torch, in place. This teen was not about to let his role as head counselor be forgotten amongst Cabin Nine.

"Jessie. Cut the flames. You're on cleaning duty tonight."

"But Brandon started it!" the kid objected, sending death glares towards the others as he heard snickers coming from the lot.

"Oh don't worry, they'll get their punishments too. Now cut the flames, kid. I don't want you to hurt yourself or anyone else."

Like an obedient boy, his flaming aura flickered out as he lowered his head in guilt.

"Zeke, Sarah. Shields back on the wall."

Ornate shields one by one lined the columns surrounding the forge once again. Collin took one last look around the forge before turning back to the group of ashamed teens and kids known as Cabin Nine.

Yes, and these kids are supposed to handle heavy equipment that can easily knick off a finger or two, incinerate the living life out of them, or penetrate their bodies with ease. Dad, you need to undergo some parenting courses. Collin thought to himself.

The brunet took one good look at each camper, secretly smirking as each of his cabinmates averted their gaze to look at something apparently interesting on the floor.

"Now, as one part of the punishment, the whole lot of you won't have free time after lunch. You will come here and sharpen every sword of mine. Every shield will be polished till I can see its shine from across the camp."

"WHA-"
"Ughhhh-"
"But Big Broo-!"
"It was Brando-"

"AT-TUT-TUT. It's Big Bro speaking. Should've thought about punishments before running amock in my forge!"
Collin teased.

Seven dejected little heads all quieted down, moods already seemingly ruined. Collin's inner mama flared up, desperate to make her seven little bibis happy.

"Oh come on, Niners. Lighten up! Lunch's ready and we're almost late. Single file line, kiddos!"

Much to Collin's surprise, not one person moved.

"Okay fine. I'll let you watch me forge tomorrow?"

"OH GODS YES-"
"HAH! WE GOT HIM AGAIN!"
"GOOD WORK CABIN NINE WE GET TO WATCH BIG BRO FORGE!"

Oh my god. That's what they were after. Collin, you idiot! I'm so stupid I'd put MYSELF into punishment.

Nevertheless, a satisfied chuckle escaped Collin's lips. A weird tingly feeling filled his chest, something he would never have felt back in Camp Jupiter. Being part of a legion as a legionnaire was one thing, but this? This felt like family. It filled a void in his life that was left there by the death of his mother and the absence of his father. Even after all the crap he gave his godly parent for knocking up people and casting aside the child, a small flicker of hope lit up as he realized these guys did have a family in each other.

I will do everything in my power to make sure everyone, not only Cabin Nine, feels loved and in a family. I will stop at nothin-

The brunet's train of thought was interrupted as a body no taller than his hip slammed into him, engulfing his legs in a bear hug. Or at least, a partial bear hug.

"Big Bro! Our plan worked so well, didn't it? You fell for it! Now we get to watch you forge tomorrowwww~" the singsong voice came from Jessie.

Collin squatted to meet eye to eye with Jessie before saying, "I sure did! I'll get you back sometime, Jess!" The older teen picked up the little kid, forcing a little squeal of joy that melted Collin's heart. "Awww, but now you gotta do some polishing later like the rest of the cabin!"

"I and the others would do anything just to watch you forge, Big Bro! You look so cool with your bright red eyes and when you spew flames out your hands and when you slam the hammer onto white-hot metal! Almost as cool as me when I'm on fire! Now come on, let's go eat lunch!" came the reply as Jessie jumped down from Collin's arms before dashing off to join the others on the dirt path leading back to camp.

Moving to Camp Half-Blood was the best decision I have ever made. Collin gleefully thought to himself, before rushing down the path to lead his cabin to the dining pavilion.

Wait. Did he say god of forgery?

code by Stardust Galaxy

Last edited:

It needs to be said and heard: it's okay to be who you are. -Hailee Steinfeld

Violet Evslin was on the verge of falling asleep. Once again, she'd stayed up all night checking infirmary inventory, making sure she had everything prepared for any patients she needed to check up on today, and generally failing to go to sleep at a good time. Even now, as she was eating lunch, she could barely keep her eyes open. Maybe she'd have to make some tea after this. Or take a nap. Mm, yes. A nap sounded heavenly.

Her baby bunny friend, Kevin, nudged her side and stared up at her with big brown eyes. She smiled and petted him before turning to her best friend, Ren. "A new crush? Are you going to tell me who it is?" she teased, though she knew he knew she wasn't going to insist.

Though he was surely teasing, he asked how he should woo this new paramour of his. Violet wasn't sure what made her a well of advice in the romance department--the only hint of romance she'd ever seen in her nineteen years was now in Elysium--but she certainly tried her best. "Just be yourself, Ren. Who wouldn't love you?" This cheesy but useful tidbit was followed by a yawn, and she rested her check on the table before her. Her fatigue was not the reason she missed Ren's innuendo (she never understood those), but she raised her eyebrows in excitement. "Oh, are you going to make something for him?"

Another yawn. It wouldn't be so bad if she just... fell asleep right here... would it...?

Scenario: No Rest for the Healer | Mood: Sleepy | Location: Pavilion | Outfit: This | With: Ren | Mentions: Collin (indirectly) | Tags: strawberrycelia strawberrycelia Hugh Flynn Hugh Flynn

Violet Evslin.

Last edited:

EJ Vicio

Mood: absolutely mortified

Outfit: this, just orange.

Interactions: zeke, nicky, aaron

EJ lay unmoving on his favorite hill overlooking the cabins, sloshing around his newest addition to his mini-bottle collection. More oil perhaps... Or maybe, not enough dye? Tch. I'm running out, I'm gonna have to find some way to get more... But how? During most of his freetime, he'd be in one of two spots. Either you'd find him idling on a little hill somewhere near, just observing the day slowly but surely float by. Even his nights were often spent there, so much so he decided to keep a little set of camping gear stashed under a nearby bush.

He didn't think anyone knew he was out there; his camping days were as clandestine as possible. Was there anything wrong with his cabin? No... But if you count the ornate, illustrious pool of water wrong, then yes. "Be glad you at least have the place to yourself," he'd hear other campers say. It was true, in the slow overfilling of the cabins, EJ's cabin was still pretty much empty, giving him as much privacy as possible. But even with such benefits, something felt really, really wrong in his cabin, hence him spending most of his nights outside. It felt better, as he'd just converse with the starscape until the weight of his eyelids slowly pulled him into slumber...

EJ lay down on his back, a snug little blanket separating his body from the earthen knoll, idly tossing his little mini-bottle into the air. He couldn't help but think back to last night; it was... different. No stars dotted the once heavily-populated night sky, and the moon lit itself up with a heavy glare rather than a soft glow, filling EJ with uncertainty and uneasiness.

It's weird. I could've sworn last night had clear skies unless clouds randomly form-

Sadly for him, his thoughts were cut off as a mixture of glitter, oil, and food-colored liquid splashed onto him, completely ruining his shirt and covering his face.

T-The freaking cork- I- ...

For a brief second, EJ's mint green eyes glowed a verdant emerald green as his tattoo lightly glowed, tempting to bring out the other person in him. He shook his head, willing away the force that quietly pressed against his conscience.

No, not here, not now. Please.

As if to comply, his eyes dimmed along with his tattoo, returning full control to EJ. He couldn't ruin his day any further, the last thing he wanted was to let Jay have his way. EJ's attention returned to the problem at hand, tugging off his shirt to wipe off the crap that was on his face. Knowing full well he still had the sparkly tones of glitter on his face, EJ packed up his stuff, tossing his shirt over his shoulder and started making his way back to his cabin to wash off.

Just another semi-bad day. Let's not make things any worse, yeah?

code by Stardust Galaxy

If you want a career, you need commitment. -Francisco Lachowski

Despite all the times he'd done it, Asher still got confused whenever he woke up in someone else's bed.

It wasn't bad confusion at least, which he'd certainly experienced before. So when he opened his eye to two beautiful faces staring down at him, he smiled. "Morning, you two~" he purred, leaning up to kiss them both. "Last night was fun." He couldn't for the life of him remember the exact nuances of their names. Eric? Derek? And... Alicia? Felicia? Well, whatever their names were, he needed to say Bye, Felicia and go get dressed.

At least, that was what he thought he was going to do. But his bedfellows were both still very much attractive, and he didn't have to be anywhere, sooooo...

~ ~ ~​

After an entertaining morning, Asher was tempted to head to the forge, where he was sure his siblings were sure to be. "Big Bro" Collin was most likely being a badass as well, and if he knew his siblings (and he did), they were trying to trick him into letting them watch him work. He had helped with a few of those schemes himself. But when he finally left whichever cabin he'd spent the night (all the cabins, unique as they were, frankly looked the same after a while), he realized it was lunch time. And after his nightly activities, well... he was a bit hungry.

So Asher sauntered off to the dining pavilion, ready to wait about thirty minutes before his siblings finally stopped their shenanigans and got some food in 'em. Maybe he should've been the one to go yell at them to eat, but Collin had it handled. Probably.

As soon as he reached the dining pavilion, he saw Ren talking with his friend Violet. Asher was tempted to go over and tease him a bit, but the grumble in his tummy said otherwise, so he sat down at the Hephaestus table and got started before it filled up with all his raucous half-siblings. An active young man like him needed his calories, especially since it seemed he might be going for a repeat workout later that day.

Scenario: A Very Good Morning | Mood: Quite Satisfied | Location: Someone's Cabin > Pavilion | Outfit: This | With: N/A | Mentions: Collin, Ren | Tags: strawberrycelia strawberrycelia Hugh Flynn Hugh Flynn

Asher Dratch.

MOOD: Concerned

basics
MENTIONS:

AnimeGenork AnimeGenork

tags
MISC xxx
tl;dr
Ren Shi
Son of Hades

Ren leans over to gently pet Kevin between his delicate, silky ears. Then he reaches to do the same to Violet, patting the sleepy girl's hair with a fond smile. Vi never manages to get much sleep, mostly because the kids in camp never seem to stop getting hurt. Ren thinks some of the younger boys are particularly reckless just so they can get some time with the doe-eyed girl - and can he blame them? When he was a bit younger and still carried a flame for Violet, he probably did the same. Now those feelings have been (mostly) put to rest, but Ren still finds himself fretting endlessly over his best friend.
"Yeah, maybe I'll make him something." He responds agreeably - definitely not gonna do that, but it's no use explaining his original meaning to Violet. "You stayed up late again, didn't you, punk? C'mon, let me help you to bed." And it helps that the Hephaestus cabin isn't too far from Apollo's, maybe he'll catch a glimpse of Corvus on the way. "If you don't put up a fight, I'll tell you who I'm interested in..."
code by valen t.

basics
MENTIONS:
Hugh Flynn Hugh Flynn

--------don't type anything after this comment--------

[/COMMENT]
tags
MISC xxx
tl;dr
Rina Shi
Daughter of Hades

Rina huffs in annoyance, spotting her brother cleaning up his stuff from his table. Well, that's no good. Ren is already done eating, which makes sense since Rina woke up promptly at noon today and only just managed to pull herself together with a small meal. The question now is, where the hell is she going to sit? Violet and Ren are great dining partners - they don't expect too much of Rina, they're decent enough friends who aren't put off by her antics. When she misses lunch with them, though, it's a different story. Rina doesn't really have many other friends, so what now?
Blowing out another dramatic sigh through her lips, she edges her way past the Hephaestus table to settle down at the foot of a tree. She carefully clicks open her bento box and crunches into a bunny-shaped apple slice, her gaze sliding absently across the Hephaestus kids.
Spotting a dead beetle on the table, a dastardly idea pops into her head. With a wave of her delicately manicured fingers, the beetle's stiff little limbs come back to life - one leg twitching, then the other.
Well hello there, little poppet. I've got a job for you!
Her victim is easy to select - Asher, the arrogant and brash and loud Hephaestus kid she's come to notice just by his boundless energy and his even more boundless conquests. It'll be fun to toy with him a bit. With the even, unwavering focus of a stone-cold killer, she commands the little beetle to bounce onto a flawlessly sculpted bicep, and then to slip under his muscle shirt. She suppresses a giggle - nobody likes the feeling of a bug crawling all over their body - well, nobody normal, that is. Rina isn't too bothered.
code by valen t.

Last edited:

It needs to be said and heard: it's okay to be who you are. -Hailee Steinfeld

Violet closed her eyes and smiled as Ren patted her hair, the movement of which was comforting and even a bit... sleep-inducing... Zzzz....

She was (mostly) snapped out of her sleepy trance by her best friend playfully calling her a punk. It was part of the sort-of-secret language the two of them shared, in which nicknames such as that were used as a mode of affection rather than the type of names her younger half-siblings tended to use. Besides, he was right--she hadn't gotten any sleep.

And he was offering to tell her his new crush, so...

In a series of movements that probably looked concerning, Violet got up, with Kevin carefully cradled in her arms. She shuffled out of the dining pavilion, yawning along the way. "I hope Rina doesn't mind that we ate without her," she suddenly realized, her eyebrows furrowing in worry, even as her eyelids drooped. "I'll have to make it up to her later." Drifting closer to Ren in case she passed out, she nudged his shoulder gently. "So? Who's the stud who captured my best friend's attention?"

Scenario: Beddy Bye Time | Mood: Sleepyyyyy | Location: Pavilion > In Transit | Outfit: This | With: Ren | Mentions: Rina, Collin (indirectly) | Tags: strawberrycelia strawberrycelia Hugh Flynn Hugh Flynn

Violet Evslin.

If you want a career, you need commitment. -Francisco Lachowski

For all intents and purposes, Asher considered himself pretty fearless. Sure, he still had the occasional nightmare about what happened to his sister, and yes, he was known to stomp on a spider at first glance (the Athena cabin tended to have his back on that one), but otherwise, nothing could really faze him. He prided himself on that during camp training exercises and even the famous Capture the Flag matches.

That did not prevent Asher from being caught off guard.

At first, he thought it was a passing breeze on his arm. That was manageable, if a bit tickly. But then the tickly feeling slipped under his shirt, and he knew right away that something was wrong.

Alright. He could handle this. Asher shimmied his shoulders, trying to dislodge whatever had lodged itself on his shirt... and was... somehow... crawling all over his back. Oh, no. Out of the corner of his eye, he glimpsed what appeared to be a beetle, and, well, it didn't look very alive.

"Dammit, Rina!" he shouted, glaring over at the tree where the daughter of Hades had perched herself. The beetle didn't freak him out or anything, but considering it was most certainly a zombie beetle, he was not amused. Asher leaped out of his seat and tried desperately to reach for the bugger, surely making a fool of himself as he did.

Where the hell was Ren when he needed him?

Scenario: GODS NOT AGAIN | Mood: Quite Satisfied | Location: Pavilion | Outfit: This | With: Rina & Her Minion | Mentions: Ren | Tags: strawberrycelia strawberrycelia Hugh Flynn Hugh Flynn

Asher Dratch.

basics
MENTIONS:
AnimeGenork AnimeGenork

--------don't type anything after this comment--------

[/COMMENT]
tags
MISC xxx
tl;dr
Rina Shi
Daughter of Hades

Rina stifles a snort - Gods, she's a fucking genius! She's the funniest person in Camp Half-Blood, that's for sure. Asher twists and turns like a marionette with its puppeteer gone rogue, barely controlled in his haste to get the little bug off of him. It's not like Asher is usually the picture of composure, but he looks so silly right now that Rina can't even form the words to deny her crimes. As always, she's a bit surprised when someone calls her by name, even though they've all lived around each other for so long. It's usually Ren that people speak to. A little spark of satisfaction alights in her chest, and suddenly she can't hold her laugher back - Rina pushes herself upwards while laughing so hard she nearly drops her bento box.

She takes some pity on Asher and makes her way over to the Hephaestus table, placing a hand on Asher's shoulder to still his movements and reaching to gently scoop the beetle off of him. It moves stiltedly into her palm, and she reaches down to gently run her finger across it's dull shell. Zombie creatures like this are interesting, holding a flicker of the old soul but more than anything, holding onto Rina's intent. The meeting of two souls, always meaningful even when it's under silly circumstances. She lets the little creature go back on the table, and turns to look back at Asher, his shirt rumpled and his face still a little flush.

Yikes, he really is handsome. How annoying! "You should have seen yourself! I thought your eyes were going to pop out of your head!" Default to being a bit mean, that'll hide the way her cheeks are heating up.
code by valen t.

Last edited:
MOOD: Nostalgic, contented

basics
tags
MISC xxx
tl;dr
Ren Shi
Son of Hades

"Ri will be fine - she needed the extra sleep." Ren responds, recalling the way she didn't even stir as he shook her shoulder that morning. Nightmares, probably. Ren was always a bit better at coping with them. For all the times people regarded him as the more sensitive twin, Rina is usually the one more damaged by confronting difficult emotions. He didn't stick behind to talk to her about it this morning, knowing she'd probably only push him away. Oh well -- Ren doesn't have to worry too much, they understand each other enough that it'll come out eventually. It always does.

Blowing out a sigh through his lips, he links his arm with Violet's and begins an ambling walk towards her cabin. They often walk like this, both leaning heavily against each other and taking long strides in sync. It became a habit after Ren woke up hungover and sleep-deprived (pesky nightmares) so often that he needed the support, and Violet would often miss so much of her own sleep that she'd benefit just as much. The familiar movement is a pretty decent metaphor for their relationship in general, leaning on each other constantly and silently for support. "Well, I should withhold the information from you until you're tucked into bed, but..." Ren's pale cheeks flush, and he laughs. "I guess I want to talk about it more than I realized - It's Collin. And I know, he's not the most open, but he's so handsome! And sort of brooding, just how I like them." It's a bit more than that, admittedly.

Ren has looked up to Corvus since they were young - he's always been so gentle with the younger campers, and so quiet. Maybe it's wishful thinking, but Ren feels some kinship with the faraway looks he gets in his eyes when they talk about family. Ren doesn't normally seek out relationships, he's not the type, but there's more to his infatuation with the child of the forge than just lust. Speak of the devil--

It's then that Ren notices Collin a few paces away, tucked into a group of Hephaestus kids near the forge. His heart lifts and he bounces slightly, on his heels, calling out brightly "Corv! Hey, Corvus, wanna get ready for capture the flag with us?"
code by valen t.

Last edited:

Collin "Corvus" Rune

Mood: famished with a dash of fatigue

Outfit: black tank top and headband

Interactions: Zeke, Ren, Jess

Tags: strawberrycelia strawberrycelia

Collin Rune's stomach grumbled a bit as what seems like the "Hephaestus Procession" slowly trudged its way down the path, the dining pavilion looming in the distance. His body relaxed, and his mind tuned out the boisterous bickering of his cabinmates, a state of mind he has gotten used to ever since he was voted head counselor. A few minutes ticked by and a godly scent knocked the wind out of his lungs, yanking him back to reality as heavenly smells filled the air around him.

Oh gods, the harpies must be in a good mood today. Whatever's on the menu smells absolutely divine. I'm surprised the pavilion isn't filled to the brim with campers.

He was right, as he could spot multiple cabin tables with vacant spots here and there. Cabin Nine's table was, surprisingly, not completely full even with the massive group of people Collin rounded up at the forge. Not only that, several campers were already leaving the table, supposedly having finished their lunch early.

Goodness, ya'll leaving already?

The copper-headed camper chuckled at how seriously he took mealtimes. After all, he was always doing something, whether it be forging or chasing after the anklebiters. The teen was always burning calories and expending energy at all times, and because of that, lunch and dinner was deemed his favorite activity of the day.

His train of thought was cut short as a voice of a certain Hades twin cut through.

"Corv! Hey, Corvus, wanna get ready for capture the flag with us?" came the eager question from Ren, son of Hades.

Collin's face lit up, more than glad to hear a familiar voice other than the constant screaming going on around him. He turned to Zeke, motioning towards the pavilion for Zeke to lead the cabin the rest of the way.

"You and Sarah can handle them the rest of the way yeah?"

Zeke nodded back before yelling to the others to follow him.

The son of Hephaestus stood up a little bit straighter, proud of his right hand man. Without him Cabin Nine's head counselor would probably have run away a long time ago. Collin turned on his heel as the rest of the Hephaestus campers and called out to Ren, "Hey! I was actually goin-"

His words were cut off when he felt a tiny tug on the hem of his shirt, followed by a tiny whimper from none other than Jess. All feelings of surprise Collin initially had melted into only concern for his youngest cabinmate, one that had a special place in the elder's heart.

"Yeah, Jess?"
"C-Cowey? I can call you that right? Big Bro sometimes doesn't feel right because of all the letter B's. I hate letter B's! Also, you're not coming to eat with me?"

The way Jess botched his name set an iron grip on his heart, making Collin fully aware that he has to choose his next words very carefully.
"Little man, call me whatever you want. But uh- I just gotta talk to a fr-"
Two bright and shining puppy eyes magically appeared on Jess' face, causing the older boy to wince and avert his eyes.
"I'll be gone for just a se-"
"Please...? I can't eat if Big Cowey isn't sitting next to me- I keep thinking I'll burst into flames and set people on fire..."
"I-"

As much as Collin wanted to hang out with Ren pre-CTF, a little devil had wormed his way into shattering those plans.

With a defeated sigh, the eldest son of Hephaestus knuckleheaded the eight-year-old.

"Fine! But promise me you won't sacrifice all your greens to the gods? I'm pretty sure Dad needs his meat and you need at least some greens"
The once gloomy face brightened into a beaming ray of sunshine before replying with a quick "Yes yes yes Big Bro Cowey!"
Collin shot an apologetic look over his shoulder at Ren, shrugging as he was slowly pulled by the finger towards the rest of Cabin Nine. Before he turned back, he mouthed armory, hoping the Hades twin was a lip-reader.

These kids are so gonna be the death of me one day. With a chuckle accompanying that final thought, Collin grabbed a plate and started stacking.
[/border
code by Stardust Galaxy

EJ Vicio

Mood: absolutely mortified

Outfit: this, just orange.

Interactions: noone

EJ Vicio scurried out of his cabin, sporting a fresh set of camp clothes, same as before, and an oil-free face. The oil did have glitter infused into it, and EJ was unlucky enough to catch a glob of it with his face. He got most of the glitter out though, but if you squinted close enough, you'd see a few specks scattered here and there. This son of Poseidon would've taken the extra ten minutes to get each individual speck out, but capture the flag was about to start.

It's not like anyone's gonna notice me anyways.

For a split second, EJ contemplated the decision of even being there in the first place. He rarely gets assigned a role by the team leaders, having the most insignificant of presences and all. Usually, the kid wouldn't call out the fact that he wasn't assigned, opting to play along rather than bail on the team. After all, it was a camper's duty to be there for his teammates, no matter how insignificant he may feel. It was the right thing to do. But every now and then, he'd be given a role, one EJ didn't love, but Jay certainly did. Playing the role of the head invader, he'd steamroll through the enemy team's defenses riding an enormous tsunami wave (A tsunami wave on land, you heard that right. Jay goes big, never home.) wildly chucking hydro-tridents every which way. The aftermath wasn't pretty; never was when Jay's around.

At this point, EJ had already begun strolling away from his cabin, subconsciously avoiding the semi-throngs of campers streaming out of the dining pavilion. While they took the paved stone path towards the arena, EJ's path comprised of the mushy banks of the forest's river. Sure, it isn't the cleanest path, but as long as EJ can listen to his own thoughts whilst enjoying the beautiful scenery, the scuffing of his boots was but the smallest price to pay. He didn't mind. After all, he was already lost in thought.

Today seems to be a calm day for the river.

The river waters flowed peacefully, followed by a miniature tidal wave as a subtle feeling wrenched his gut. The familiar pull made itself known as Jay's shout of disapproval, a feeling that was like a viper in a peaceful utopia. EJ flinched ever so slightly, knowing full well his other half wanted to spur the waters into a rampage.

Shut up, idiot. Today's my day. You can have your fun whenever hippocampi training rolls around.

Sadly for Jay, Chiron had temporarily suspended hippocampi training after a certain blue-scaled hippocampus somehow crashed into the amphitheater, followed by a soaking wet Jay. And as the rambunctious side of him usually does in a tight situation, Jay vanished, leaving EJ to take the blame from Chiron.

I was forced to clean the arts and crafts area for three weeks after that. Jackass.

He made the incident sound despicable, but really he was so happy that that happened. Because of that, two wonderful things came out of the situation. One, he got the hang of DIY snow globes, an all-time favorite arts craft. These things were the absolute bomb to him. The entire process of balancing how much water, oil, dye, and glitter went into the jar, as well as what miniatures he could combine to create an adorable mini-snowglobe.

Two, he found a very special person. Basically, the arts and crafts area is very close to The Big House, the location of the infirmary. The infirmary was also where he most often sets his eyes on, possibly due to a certain healer that recently caught his eye.

With a dreamy look on his face, one name materialized in his mind.

Vi, healer of sunshine.

EJ was never a talker, much less a flirter so he had no idea how to approach his new crush. The best he could do was leave little treats and sometimes even one of his perfected mini-snowglobes wherever he knew she'd find them, even if she wouldn't realize it's from him.

Anything is fine, as long as I get to see her smile.

Euphoria set in, and he felt like he was on Cloud 9, before being abruptly nosediving back to earth as a branch very rudely slapped him in the face. EJ's slender frame slingshotted downwards, landing unceremoniously on his behind. The horse tatted across his back grew brighter before dimming back down, a disaster well averted.

Calm down, EJ. We're here. This is your day.

With that final thought, he got up and allowed his green orbs to scan the perimeter, confirming his location at Zeus' Fist. Other campers were starting to file in as well, so he distanced himself by hopping into a tree branch high above, speculating from afar. Just how he liked it.

code by Stardust Galaxy

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back