• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic Heartland City (An X-Men inspired Group RP)

Walliver

Two Thousand Club
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
The event began in Heartland City, 1993.

A mutant with the ability to control electricity shut down the entire power grid. In the 48 hours it took to get the grid back up, the entire city council was slaughtered. The war on mutants began.
In the 20 years that followed, Heartland City was a wasteland. Mutants slaughtered and were slaughtered in the streets. Humans developed new torture methods, new technology that wrought havoc on guilty and innocent alike. The entire East Coast was bathed in blood.
In 2013, a solution formed. Billionaire philanthropist Philomena Yates founded the Academy, a sanctuary for mutants across the country. It was a widely celebrated success, though the ethics of some of her practices were questionable. Two years later, another institute opened in Europe. Then another in Asia. Then one in South America. Pretty soon, every continent including Antarctica had some sort of “mutant sanctuary.”
Presently, in the year 2043, with the death of Philomena Yates and her daughter’s inheritance of the company, mutant-human tensions are rising and the validity of these “mutant sanctuaries” is questioned. Resistance groups on all sides are forming. Civil unrest is brewing. Now is a terrible time to be alive.

-/-/-/-/-/-/-

Okay, I know that was a lot of backstory and not a lot of plot, but that’s just how I do sometimes. Anyway, it’s flexible. Basically, you’re trying to survive this world filled with tension and maybe join the fight to make things better. You can be a civilian, a mutant, or even a government-licensed hero. Honestly, I’m trying to get this rough sketch of a concept up before all the creativity leaves my body. With that being said, I gotta lay down some stuff real quick.
Rule #1:

I am sole GM as of right now. What I say is law, basically. If I say no, it means no. I have final say on proposed plot points, character arcs that involve important NPCs, and the like.

Rule #2:

Despite the first rule, I am not heartless. If you misunderstand something or need clarification on anything I have written, please ask. I would rather be “bothered” by questions than risk derailment of the plot.
Rule #3:

Other than the obvious fictional elements, don’t be a jerk in OOC. I mean it.
Rule #4:

Read everything. Even if the post isn’t interacting with you, or the lore doesn’t directly apply to your character, read it. Everything is important.
Rule #5:

Have fun!
The OOC will most likely be on Discord, seeing as RPN format doesn’t allow the kind of quick responses I’d like to write. The CS will be up when I get enough interest, probably 6-7 definite players.
Alright, if you read absolutely everything (no lying), comment your favorite fruit below!

Bye!

Breakfast fruit, Dinner Fruit, or Esoteric fruit? Also, what color?

I have answers for each possible combination.

Potentially interested. I like Superpower RPs. And it varies depending on what I feel like I want as dessert. Sometimes it is strawberries, sometimes it is apples (after I've eaten fish. There is a culture and I forget which one that believes that the fish keeps swimming around in your stomach unless you have an apple afterward. It sounds weird but my stomach does feel more settled if I eat an apple after having fish...soooo I don't know.), sometimes it is grapefruit.

I’m interested, but lack a preference on fruit. Will this have repercussions such as my barring from this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back